March 28, 2024, 01:50:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lee Cutler 18, Buffalo Grove, IL Last Seen 10/20/07 Car, wallet found  (Read 39095 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2008, 01:28:23 PM »

Barry S. Frazin   Obit

Barry S. Frazin, of Buffalo Grove, passed away on Aug. 28, 2008. He is survived by his wife, Beth Frazin; daughter Lauren, and stepsons Carl and Lee Cutler; brothers

Irwin and Leon Frazin. Barry received his Undergraduate degree from Roosevelt University; J.D. from DePaul University and M.S. from Northeastern University. For many years he worked as an educator with the Chicago Public Schools and until his death served as Principal at Nob Hill School in Country Club Hills, IL. A memorial service will be held on Sunday, Sept. 7, 2008, 3 p.m. at Temple B'Nai Jeshuran Beth Elohim, 1100 Milwaukee Ave., Glenview, IL.

http://www.legacy.com/chicagotribune/Obituaries.asp?Page=Notice&PersonID=116923376

Barry Frazin

Former Chicago attorney Barry Stephan Frazin, a Buffalo Grove resident, died Aug. 28 at age 63. A 1971 graduate of the DePaul University College of Law, he had a master’s degree from Northeastern University.

Mr. Frazin left his law practice in 1986 and became an educator with Chicago Public Schools. He was principal of the Nob Hill School in Country Club Hills at the time of his death.

http://www.illinoisbar.org/pubs/barnews/2008/09/epilogue.html
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 01:32:20 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2010, 05:34:17 PM »

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=355129
<snip>..lost soul still lost

By Burt Constable | Daily Herald Columnist
1/30/2010

<snip>
On the morning of Oct. 20, 2007, a well-liked but troubled Buffalo Grove teenager named Lee Cutler disappeared. His friends from Stevenson High School and his Jewish youth group rallied around his family after the 18-year-old's car was found near Baraboo, Wis. Searchers discovered Cutler's wallet, clothing, an empty bottle of Tylenol PM and letters near a river. Officials searched the water, fearing he might have drowned, but his body was never found.

Now the mystery of what happened to Cutler is featured in an episode of the show "Disappeared," which debuts at 9 p.m. Monday (and runs again on Tuesday, Friday and Saturday) on the Investigation Discovery channel.

"Maybe somebody knows something or has seen Lee, and maybe this program will give us some leads," says Beth Frazin, Cutler's mother.

Frazin says she clings to hope that her son is alive and will return some day. "Not just because I'm his mother," she says, but because she's grown to realize that "anything is possible."

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2010, 05:36:01 PM »

http://blogs.suntimes.com/tv/2010/02/monday_night_highlights_2110.html

Monday night highlights, 2/1/10
 By
Paige Wiser
 on February 1, 2010

<snip>
"Disappeared" (9 p.m., Investigation Discovery): Buffalo Grove teen Lee Cutler vanished in 2007 on the way to work. Did he commit suicide - or try to join the Israeli army? The family is hoping for fresh leads.
<snip>

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2010, 05:37:30 PM »

http://www.pioneerlocal.com/vernonhills/news/2050516,bg-cutler-021510-s1.article
No break from Investigation Discovery program on missing teen
 February 15, 2010
By RONNIE WACHTER rwachter@pioneerlocal.com

Two and a half years ago, a search of a specific section of woods for either a Buffalo Grove teen or his remains turned up nothing.

A recent cable television show about Lee Cutler came up similarly empty.

The Investigation Discovery Channel produced a program about Cutler, who disappeared on Oct. 20, 2007. An 18-year-old Stevenson High School senior at the time, Cutler likely entered a forest in central Wisconsin, and has never been seen again.

The network has aired the episode of "Disappeared” several times in January and February, but detectives close to the case said the national attention has given them nothing new. The episode will air again at 8 p.m. April 3 on Investigation Discovery.

“It definitely did increase the exposure of the case,” Buffalo Grove police Cmdr. Steve Husak wrote in an e-mail. “We would like to get some sort of closure mostly for Lee's mom and family.”

Buffalo Grove police partnered with Wisconsin's Sauk County Sheriff's Office in the investigation. Sauk County Capt. Michael Hafemann said the program has not brought the hope of closure any closer.

“I know there is no new information,” Hafemann said Monday.
 Husak said his department has taken new action since the show's debut, but that nothing has panned out yet.

“We have received approximately six calls regarding suspected sightings of Lee,” Husak wrote. “We are looking into them as best we can. Some are quite vague and from over a year ago, and others are more recent and specific.”

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2010, 05:40:11 PM »

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/northnorthwest/ct-x-n-disappear-buffalo-grove-0217-20100215,0,1409126.story
Mother still hopes to find missing son after more than 2 years
TV news show features case in hopes of generating new leads

By Carolyn Rusin, Special to the Tribune

February 17, 2010

It has been more than two years since a pair of pants belonging to a Buffalo Grove teen were found snagged in a Wisconsin river, but even though he has not been found, his mother hasn't given up and hopes a new television program that focuses on his disappearance will help solve the mystery.

Beth Frazin, who reported her son Lee Cutler missing after he failed to show up for a part-time job, remains convinced he is alive and hopes a segment on the cable TV series "Disappeared," on Investigation Discovery, will help jog someone's memory.

"I'm hoping to get Lee back," said Frazin, who wears a bracelet with the inscription, "Miracles Happen." "I'm hoping that someone knows something. It's like a puzzle, and someone has a piece of it and they don't know they have it."

Cutler was 18 and a senior at Stevenson High School when he drove to southern Wisconsin in late October 2007. He left without telling anyone. His Toyota Corolla was found near the Baraboo River. His personal belongings — blankets, backpack and favorite yarmulke — were found on the riverbank. His pants, belt and wallet were discovered in the river.

Frazin and friends who were with Cutler at a restaurant the night before his disappearance said he appeared happy and expressed no signs of trouble.

Cutler had slept at a friend's house and the next morning dropped off another friend at a home in Buffalo Grove. Authorities believe he drove to Kettle Moraine State Park near Milwaukee before heading west to the Baraboo area. A time-stamped admission receipt to the park was found in his car.

Cutler was captured on a Wal-Mart video surveillance camera purchasing a package of cold-flu medicine and a bottle of pain relievers. He was alone when he was in the store, according to police and a private investigator.

Both medications were among items found about 10 feet from the river. The bottle of pills was empty with one pill found on the ground.

Also found was a note Cutler wrote to his mother. It said, in part: "My head is too big for my shoulders. Finally, I'll be able to sleep. I know I am not crazy. I love you mom. Please be happy."

Frazin doesn't believe the message was a suicide note.
Maybe he went to sleep. ... Maybe he needed a break," she said. "I really don't know what happened to Lee."

Sauk County sheriff's police said recently that if Cutler had been in the area where they searched, they are sure they would have found him. There were no signs of the youth after an intensive air, land and river search, police Capt. Kevin Fults said.

Divers, he said, checked the stretch of river where Cutler's items were found. Fallen trees blocked the river downstream.

"Nothing could pass through it unless maybe a fish," Fults said of the obstacles.

Even so, divers searched the other side of the obstruction for about three miles, but no other clues were found, he said.

There were no signs of foul play and authorities say they have not uncovered any evidence he left the area with another person.

Fults declined to comment or speculate on what he thinks might have happened to the teen.

"The case is open but it's inactive," he said.

Katrina Englerth, 19, was one friend who went to the river to look for Cutler shortly after he disappeared. She shares his mother's optimism that he might still be found, adding, "I just want to believe that wherever he is, he's happy."

Cutler is the fourth person "Disappeared" has featured since its one-hour documentary-style episodes began airing last month, said Elizabeth Fischer, executive producer.

Buffalo Grove Police investigator Tara Romanow said that since the segment on Cutler was aired about 10 tips have been received through hot lines of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children and "America's Most Wanted."

One tip reported someone matching the teen's description at a gas station in Texas; others reported sightings in Wisconsin and Alaska.

"Unfortunately, there are no solid leads we can follow up on. ... We are passing the bulletins to the appropriate police agencies," Romanow said. "People are watching (the show) and that's the main thing."

The segment on Cutler, called "A Lost Soul," aired earlier this month and again this week. It will be rebroadcast on April 3.

During filming, Frazin said, an actor portraying her son sat outside their home reading.

"Lee used to go outside and read on the front lawn," she said. "He loved the outdoors. He used to watch the rain come down. I started to cry. ... It was like Lee was home."

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2013, 09:12:47 PM »

Still missing.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/cutler_lee.html
Lee Stirling Cutler

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2013, 09:18:40 PM »

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/blog/article/the-mysterious-disappearance-of-lee-cutler/index.html
The Mysterious Disappearance of Lee Cutler
April 14, 2013

Lee Cutler. Handout photo.

Lee Cutler. Police handout.

On the Friday evening of October 19, 2007, a group of friends celebrated a birthday party at a steakhouse in Buffalo Grove, Illinois. One of those friends was Lee Sterling Cutler, a high school senior who had recently celebrated his own eighteenth birthday on October 2. Five feet nine inches tall, weighing 150 pounds, the handsome, fair-skinned, brown-eyed teenager wore his brown hair in a collar-length longish style reminiscent of the 1960s and ’70s. He also wore a traditional Jewish yarmulke on his head.

As the party wore down, Cutler’s mother, Beth Frazin, headed home while Lee and some friends played hacky sack outside the restaurant.

The game drew to a close and Lee also drove home. He asked Beth’s permission to sleep over at a friend’s house. She agreed and asked him to give her a call the next morning. Lee gave his mother a hug. She later recalled that the hug lasted unusually long.

At about 9:50 a.m. on October 20, 2007, Lee drove another friend home. That friend assumed that when Lee drove off in his gray 2007 Toyota Corolla that he was on his way to his job at a Rock America, a music merchandise store in a Vernon Hills, Illinois mall.

That morning, Beth repeatedly called Lee but received no reply. She drove to his job. Lee’s boss told Beth that Lee had not shown up. The boss suggested Lee might have been confused about his hours and thought he was supposed to start work at 5:00 p.m. Beth recalls a sinking sensation in her stomach but hoped this confusion was the problem. She called the store at 5:00 p.m. and learned he was still not there.

Beth expected Lee to attend the B’nai B’rith Youth Organization (BBYO) meeting scheduled for that evening at a bowling alley. Lee had a special relationship with that BBYO Chapter, having helped found it as an eighth grader.

Beth Frazin and her husband, Lee’s stepfather Barry Frazin, drove to the bowling alley. Seeing that Lee was not at the BBYO meeting, Beth called police to report Lee as missing. That Saturday evening, a police investigation began.

Police examined his bedroom and found no evidence he had packed for a long trip, but then family and friends searched the room, they realized that a large stein was missing. Lee had kept between $500-800 in that mug.

Investigators soon found that Lee was seen at a gas station he often frequented at about 10:00 a.m., shortly after dropping his friend off.

Either because his cell phone was off or out of batteries, it was untraceable.
Forty-two hours after Lee was last seen, on Monday, October 22, 2007, at 3:40 a.m., a deputy in rural Wisconsin spotted a car parked near a rest stop in the town of Baraboo, close to a river and a cornfield off Highway 33. The deputy ran a registration check on the vehicle and found it was registered to Lee Cutler, a missing person out of Buffalo Grove, Illinois.

Buffalo Grove investigators headed to the Baraboo rest stop, some 177 miles from Lee’s home.

Lee’s car was locked. Police watched and waited for a few hours. When Lee failed to return, officers began investigating the car and the area. Inside the car, police found a printed receipt indicating Lee had visited Wisconsin’s Kettle Moraine State Forest at 1:41 p.m. on October 20. Also found inside the car were some of Lee’s clothes, a backpack, and blankets.

Also found was a copy of Into the Wild by Jon Krakeur, a true story about Christopher McCandless, a young man who journeyed into the Alaskan wilderness – and died during his adventure. Observers speculated that Lee, who was fond of the outdoors, had gone to live in a wilderness like McCandless. However, Beth noted that the book had been assigned in a class Lee was taking. She believed little importance should be attached to its presence.

A cryptic note addressed to his mother was found. It read: “My head is too big for my body, finally I’ll get to sleep. I’m sorry mom for being a coward, I love you mom, please be happy.” The words suggested a suicide note but were open to other interpretations.

Investigators soon found more of Lee’s possessions in the area. Among them were his yarmulke and love letters from a girlfriend.

An empty bottle of Advil PM was found near the car. He had recently been taking the over-the-counter medication to help him sleep. An empty body of Coricidin, an over-the-counter cold and flu medicine, was also found.

Khaki pants like the ones he was last seen wearing were found sticking to a partially submerged tree branch in the Baraboo River. Inside a pocket were keys fitting his car’s ignition and a wallet containing identification and a small amount of cash.

Dive teams searched the Baraboo River multiple times, using underwater cameras and sonar. The areas nearby were also thoroughly searched multiple times.

No body was found nor was anything discovered that would indicate violence had taken place in the area. Captain Kevin Fults of the Sauk County Sheriff’s Police commented, “We believe we searched the river well enough that if the body had been there, we would have discovered it.”

Investigators did not find his cell phone but records show that it had not been used since October 19, 2007. Lee had his own bank account. Nothing has been taken out of it since his disappearance.

Lee was a good student at Stevenson High School. He was also friendly and concerned about others. If he saw another teen looking sad, he often playfully poked the person or offered a hug.

More...

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2013, 10:41:42 PM »

Yes, this one is a haunting mystery for me. I have tried so hard to make a match---nothing 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2013, 07:56:53 AM »

Yes, this one is a haunting mystery for me. I have tried so hard to make a match---nothing 

It's so sad for Lee's family and friends left wondering his fate all this time and there are no answers yet. 

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2013, 03:50:37 AM »

I agree...especially if he did just 'take off' to the wilderness, although I really don't think he did.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2013, 09:19:32 AM »

I agree...especially if he did just 'take off' to the wilderness, although I really don't think he did.

I don't think Lee decided to just take off into the wilderness either, Nut. 

Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.