April 19, 2024, 03:31:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Book Mumia Supporters Do Not Want You To Read  (Read 4837 times)
Levi
Scared Monkey

« on: October 29, 2007, 06:08:54 PM »

http://antimove.blogspot.com

After over a quarter a century comes the voice of pained reason through the awful torrent of shameful political opportunism and ignorance the surrounds the "Mumia debate".

Now, it is Maureen Faulkner's turn to tell her story, and with a host of new conspiracy theories swirling around the case, it comes not a moment too soon.

For me, the name Maureen Faulkner conjures up a great deal of shame. But also hope, and the realization that while I can feel guilt about the things I said and did as a Mumia supporter, that there is evidence of an about face in my way of thinking, in that I eagerly anticipate her response to the Mumia nonsense, with more than a tinge of sadness that she even felt the need to write this in the first place.

Unlike myself, Maureen Faulkner did not ask to be involved in this. She was dragged into it through the murder of her husband and the subsequent deification of his killer by MOVE cultists, political ideologues, and mis-informed activists of all stripes. I would venture to say that it is a good story, but like many good stories, it is a tragedy.

When I was with MOVE, she was a target of vicious derision and cruel jokes. I laughed because that is what was expected. I laughed because at the time I was sick.

MOVE had claimed many things about Maureen Faulkner over the years. That she celebrated her husband's murder due to the fact that he was abusive. That her involvement in speaking truth to nonsense was for monetary gain. She was spat upon and unfairly cast as a bigoted liar. And that is not even the half of it

With the publication of her book, these attacks will become more frequent and sophisticated. In the past, Mumia supporters have shown that there is no lie too contemptible for them to employ, no crass attempt at demonetization too crude to hurl upon a truly innocent person. And it will no doubt be happening again.

Her book, co-written with Michael Smerconish, is as of yet un-published, but is set to hit shelves in December. From my perspective, as a former Jamal devotee and as someone who has come to understand the truly vile nature of the faux cause of the un-repentant cop-killer, I consider Maureen's story to be one of the best weapons in this awful war against the relentless lies of the Mumia machine.

Pre-order a copy today at Amazon.com

"Murdered by Mumia: A Life Sentence of Loss, Pain, and Injustice"

By Maureen Faulkner and Michael Smerconish

Release Date: December 2007

Description

Finally, the widow’s side of the highest-profile death penalty case in America. Maureen Faulkner de-mystifies Mumia Abu-Jamal, the man who murdered her husband. Maureen Faulkner’s husband, Philadelphia police office Danny Faulkner, was shot between the eyes on a cold December night in 1981. Mumia Abu-Jamal was unanimously convicted of the crime by a racially mixed jury based on: the testimony of several eyewitnesses, his ownership of the murder weapon, matching ballistics, and Abu-Jamal’s own confession.

After his conviction, however, a national, anti-death penalty movement was started to "Free Mumia;" Mike Farrell, Ed Asner, Alec Baldwin, and Susan Sarandon rallied on his behalf, and led the charge. For his part, while on death row, Abu-Jamal published several books, delivered radio commentaries, was a college commencement speaker, found himself named an Honorary Citizen of France, and had his defense coffers enhanced by ticket sales from a sold out (20,000 person) concert featuring Rage Against the Machine.

Standing virtually alone, and against seemingly insurmountable odds, Maureen Faulkner has confronted a well-funded, expertly orchestrated defense of the shooter at every turn. Now, Maureen will explain her efforts to honor her police officer husband’s memory over a quarter century of standing up to the Hollywood left while it seeks to martyr the man who killed her husband.

She’s found the perfect person to put her story in print Philadelphia author, columnist, and talk show host Michael Smerconish. Smerconish, a lawyer, has provided pro bono legal counsel to Faulkner for more than a decade and knows both the legal intricacies and personal subtleties of the case like no other person. He’s personally acquainted himself with the more than five thousand pages of trial transcript. "My reading starkly revealed that Abu-Jamal murdered Danny Faulkner in cold blood and that the case tried in Philadelphia in 1982 bore no resemblance to the one being home-cooked by the Abu-Jamal defense team."

Together, Faulkner and Smerconish weave a compelling, never-before-told account of one fateful night and the 25-years of rewriting history. Their timing is perfect. The book comes just as Abu-Jamal’s appellate rights will finally be exhausted, perhaps with the overturning of his death sentence.

Early Reviews

"This is a harrowing book, told with uncommon grace and dignity. Maureen Faulkner is an incredible woman. The story she tells, of being denied for more than a quarter century the dignity of burying her police officer husband in peace, is even more incredible."

Buzz Bissinger - Author of "Friday Night Lights", contributor "Vanity Fair" Magazine

"The Bible teaches that the truth will set us free, but Michael Smerconish and Maureen Faulkner teach us that even a powerful truth needs courage as its ally."

Chris Matthews - Host of Hardball and the Chris Matthews Show

"Maureen Faulkner is a genuine American heroine. While influential people garner cheap headlines with stories of false injustice, Maureen Faulkner fights behind the scenes and in public to preserve the good name of her husband. This is a real justice story!"

John Timoney, Miami Chief of Police, former Philadelphia Chief of Police

Product Details
Hardcover: 368 pages
Publisher: The Lyons Press (December 7, 2007)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1599213761
ISBN-13: 978-1599213767
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.