April 25, 2024, 10:30:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stacy Ann Peterson 23, Bolingbrook IL - Missing 10/28/07 #1  (Read 1033585 times)
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #1000 on: February 23, 2008, 11:47:03 PM »

Someone just posted on Gregg Olsen's Crimerant Blog that they had found another body in the area.

Has anyone here heard anything?

2 4 1
aly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1001 on: February 25, 2008, 04:32:22 PM »

Sorry - I don't know the answer to the last question, but this is a new interview about Wife before Stacy and how she was held down to drown and a civil suit being brought against dp :

Wrongful Death Suit Against Drew Peterson?
Monday, February 25, 2008

E-Mail Print Share:
DiggFacebookStumbleUpon
 FNC

This is a rush transcript from "On the Record ," February 22, 2008. This copy may not be in its final form and may be updated.

GRETA VAN SUSTEREN, HOST: Kathleen Savio's family is petitioning the court to reopen her estate so they can file a wrongful death lawsuit against Drew Peterson. Now that the state's attorney's office says Savio's death was a homicide, how does this affect the civil suit? Let's bring back the panel.

Before we do that, Dr. Baden, where — can you show — where was the gash on her head?

DR. MICHAEL BADEN, FORENSIC PATHOLOGIST: The gash was on the back of the head, sort of in the midline.

VAN SUSTEREN: About how big?

BADEN: It said a few inches. And it had a lot of blood, and there was a lot of blood on the hair that wasn't — in order to get the best example of measurement, you have to shave the hair. It doesn't look like the hair was shaved here. It was about a two or three-inch laceration, a lot of blood in the hair. What probably happened is that she was laying face down with the blood on the hair over the 30 hours which I think she was dead, 36 hours. The water slowly leaked out of the tub, and that's why when she's found face down or on the side, the blood is still very prominent in the hair.

RelatedColumn Archive
Wrongful Death Suit Against Drew Peterson?Drew Peterson's Third Wife's Death Officially Ruled a HomicideConcern Grows for College Couple Missing Since Valentine's DayB.B. King Talks With GretaMother Speaks About Missing College CoupleFull-page Interview Archive

Show Info
Airs Weekdays at 10 p.m. ET
E-mail the Show: ontherecord@foxnews.com Greta Van Susteren's Bio Read the GretaWire Interview Archive Greta's Pod Cast VAN SUSTEREN: But she died from drowning, not from that gash on her head, right?

BADEN: That's right. That's right. A gash on the head, a lot of bruises on the body, and — but the cause of death was drowning, so...

VAN SUSTEREN: Someone held her down.

BADEN: Held her down, that she was beaten up before the drowning occurred, so if she were unconscious — if she were conscious, she was held down. She could have been unconscious.

VAN SUSTEREN: All right. Michael Cardoza, let's talk about the civil suit.

MICHAEL CARDOZA, CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY: Sure.

VAN SUSTEREN: The family has asked to reopen the estate, saying that there's a brand-new asset out there that wasn't — that didn't go through her estate, the asset being the wrongful death action against Sergeant Drew Peterson. What do think about this?

CARDOZA: You know, I go back to — let's go back to 2004. Let's say that jury, the coroner's jury, did come back and they said criminal agency caused her death at that time. Is there enough evidence to prove Drew Peterson did it at that time? Do we know...

VAN SUSTEREN: By a preponderance...

CARDOZA: ... do we think...

VAN SUSTEREN: ... of the evidence.

CARDOZA: Probably not.

VAN SUSTEREN: That's — not beyond a reasonable doubt, though. This is a civil case...

(CROSSTALK)

VAN SUSTEREN: ... by 51 percent.

CARDOZA: Right. By the preponderant of evidence, right. So do they have a better case in the civil? Absolutely. But Brodsky, the attorney, is saying — and he better be careful here because he could get hoisted on his own petard. He's saying, Well, the statute of limitations is two years, but is it two years from discovery that there was a criminal agency or just two years from her death? And I've got to tell you...

VAN SUSTEREN: And...

CARDOZA: ... one thing I know about courts, if they get emotionally involved, and they want litigation to go through, believe me, they will rationalize to let in that civil case...

VAN SUSTEREN: And — and that...

CARDOZA: ... be filed in this court.

VAN SUSTEREN: And it's a fluid point (ph) to statute of limitations if there's fraud involved sometimes. But I mean, that's — it's going to be enormously...

CARDOZA: Agreed.

VAN SUSTEREN: ... complicated to litigate. Ted, you've been shaking your head some...

(CROSSTALK)

TED WILLIAMS, CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY: Well, you know, I would love for them to be successful in a wrongful death suit against Peterson. But from the evidence and what we know, even though the standard is by preponderance of the evidence, I don't think they'd be successful in a civil suit against Peterson. But they may very well be successful in a civil lawsuit against the police department...

VAN SUSTEREN: No way.

WILLIAMS: ... if they knew...

WILLIAMS: ... about all of the various activity and this woman complained...

WILLIAMS: ... and they did nothing (INAUDIBLE)

VAN SUSTEREN: Bernie, is he going to get charged criminal — with this death? Is Sergeant Drew Peterson?

BERNIE GRIMM, CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY: No, for the reasons Ted said. You can't...

VAN SUSTEREN: Yes.

GRIMM: You can't...

(CROSSTALK)

GRIMM: No, you...

VAN SUSTEREN: Michael, is he going to get he charged, Michael Cardoza?

(CROSSTALK)

GRIMM: ... honestly believe you can get him convicted, which when Cardoza was a prosecutor, he would have done. Some prosecutor could charge him, but he could charge me, Ted...

VAN SUSTEREN: All right...

GRIMM: ... and on his worst day, charge Dr. Baden...

Fox News

value people not things
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1002 on: February 27, 2008, 04:50:26 PM »

Chicago Tribune

February 27, 2008 Wednesday

Friends keep up search for Peterson;
They consider new sign as a reminder to ex-cop

Although it's been nearly four months since Stacy Peterson was heard from, her friends and family have not lessened their resolve to find her once winter releases its hold on area waterways and fields.

Volunteers work tirelessly to get the word out. Over the weekend they passed out 1,500 fliers with information about a fundraiser this Sunday to pay for the search. A non-profit group was established in her name. A Web site dedicated to the case remains active.

"And as soon as we lose the snow, we'll be right back out there looking for Stacy," said her friend and neighbor Sharon Bychowski.

Stacy Peterson was 23 when she disappeared on Oct. 28. Authorities have named her husband, former Bolingbrook police Sgt. Drew Peterson, 54, a suspect in the case. Last week, autopsy results were released stating that the death of his third wife, Kathleen Savio, was a homicide. Peterson has not been charged in either case and denies any wrongdoing.

On Tuesday, Bychowski and Pam Bosco, a spokeswoman for Stacy's family, held a news conference at Bychowski's home, next door to Peterson's. A 3-by-4-foot sign promoting the fundraiser stood outside.

Bychowski said she plans to erect a similar sign featuring Stacy's face with the question "Where's Stacy?" Part of her motivation is to provide a continual reminder about the search to Peterson, who said he had no comment about the signs.

Peterson has not participated in any searches for his wife and maintains she left him and their children for another man.

"My job is to find Stacy Peterson, and then ... those kids can go to the home they're supposed to," Bychowski said. "We are going to put a sign out there on the weekends. It will be tasteful. It will say, 'Anyone with information, please call the Illinois State Police tip line and the Web site findstacypeterson.com."

Bychowski said she also wanted the women she has observed visiting Peterson lately to get a good look at his wife's photo.

Peterson acknowledged he has been visited frequently by one woman in particular, but declined to call her his girlfriend.

"So many girls, so little time," he said.

Bychowski and Bosco said they remain confident Stacy's case will be solved.

"I believe there's no such thing as a perfect crime," Bychowski said.

A hearing is scheduled Wednesday on Peterson's effort to get back his cars, guns and other belongings seized by police shortly after Stacy vanished.

On Thursday, Peterson is scheduled to once again appear on the "Today" show on NBC, while Bychowski is scheduled to appear before the grand jury investigating the Peterson case.

Bosco said the family was concerned about whether Peterson will get his belongings back.

"We hate to think that a man who is a suspect in the possible homicide of Stacy Peterson ... that he'd get his guns back. It goes beyond logic," she said.

The Sunday fundraiser will be at 115 Bourbon Street, 3359 W. 115th St., Merrionette Park, and will pay for such search expenses as transportation, food, lodging and supplies. There will be live music, a raffle and silent auction. Doors open at 1 p.m. Tickets are $25 before the event and can be bought online at www.groovetickets.com or over the phone at 877-71GROOVE.
http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:751192065&start=7

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1003 on: February 28, 2008, 08:52:51 AM »

Chicago Tribune (Illinois)
February 27, 2008 Wednesday 

Drew Peterson may regain items seized by police: Prosecutors seek to prevent return of weapons

Feb. 27--Drew Peterson will get back within 30 days guns and other property seized by investigators provided he agrees not to challenge the validity of photographs of them or documents related to them at any future trial, a judge ruled Wednesday morning.

But prosecutors in court revealed they are also asking state police to revoke Peterson's firearm owner's identification card, a move that could ultimately prevent the return of the weapons.

Peterson's attorney, Joel Brodsky, filed a motion in December seeking the return of the vehicles, 11 guns, computers, music CDs, backpacks and other items seized by state police when they executed a search warrant at the former Bolingbrook police sergeant's home in November.

Judge Richard Schoenstedt initially denied the motion but said the request would be periodically reviewed. He granted the motion during a brief hearing Wednesday.

Brodsky has argued that state police and the Will County state's attorney's office have had more than enough time to analyze the evidence and are keeping the items only to vex his client.

On Feb. 1, Schoenstedt heard testimony from former Michigan State Police forensic scientist Ann Chamberlain, who said that in most cases investigators can complete their analysis of physical evidence within days. She said that returning items should not hamper a criminal investigation.

In court Wednesday, Will County Assistant State's Atty. John Connor told the judge his office has sent a letter to Illinois State Police asking that Peterson's FOID card be revoked.

Chuck Pelkie, a spokesman for State's Atty. James Glasgow, confirmed the letter was sent Tuesday but would not elaborate on the basis for the request.

Brodsky said it was the first time he had heard of the letter and he doubted police would find any cause to have the card revoked. He said Peterson has both state and federal licenses to carry firearms.

Peterson has been named a suspect in the Oct. 28 disappearance of his wife, Stacy Peterson. Authorities also are reinvestigating the death of his third wife, Kathleen Savio, who was found drowned in the bathtub of her home just weeks before the couple's divorce settlement was to be finalized.

Last week, a report on a November autopsy of Savio's remains ruled her death a homicide, and Will County State's Atty. James Glasgow said the investigation was being considered a murder investigation.

Peterson has not been charged with any crime and steadfastly has denied any involvement with either his third wife's death or his fourth wife's disappearance.
http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:751651511&start=6

~~~~~~~~~
The PIG was on the TODAY show this morning w/ Matt Lauer. I did not watch it. He makes me ill.... (Matt too, lol).

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1004 on: March 02, 2008, 04:55:49 PM »

Joel Brodsky on Dana Pretzer tonight!

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1005 on: March 09, 2008, 02:29:42 PM »

Missing Wife of Ex-Cop Drew Peterson Sought Advice From Divorce Attorney

Friday, March 07, 2008
CHICAGO —  The missing 23-year-old wife of a former police sergeant contacted a divorce attorney a few days before her disappearance for help to end her marriage.

Stacy Peterson was reported missing on Oct. 28 after she failed to show up a friend's house. Drew Peterson, her husband, is a suspect in her disappearance. He maintains his innocence and denies wrongdoing.

Harry Smith, a divorce attorney, told FOX News that Stacy contacted him twice the week before she disappeared.

"I did not put any specific significance on her mental demeanor when I spoke to her," Smith said. "I don't remember her being overly emotional or anxious or any of those things."

Smith was also the divorce attorney for Drew Peterson's third ex-wife, Kathleen Savio.

>>>>the complete article
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,335909,00.html

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1006 on: March 09, 2008, 09:09:30 PM »

Missing Wife of Ex-Cop Drew Peterson Sought Advice From Divorce Attorney

Friday, March 07, 2008
CHICAGO —  The missing 23-year-old wife of a former police sergeant contacted a divorce attorney a few days before her disappearance for help to end her marriage.

Stacy Peterson was reported missing on Oct. 28 after she failed to show up a friend's house. Drew Peterson, her husband, is a suspect in her disappearance. He maintains his innocence and denies wrongdoing.

Harry Smith, a divorce attorney, told FOX News that Stacy contacted him twice the week before she disappeared.

"I did not put any specific significance on her mental demeanor when I spoke to her," Smith said. "I don't remember her being overly emotional or anxious or any of those things."

Smith was also the divorce attorney for Drew Peterson's third ex-wife, Kathleen Savio.

>>>>the complete article
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,335909,00.html

This is the first time that the attorney came forward with this information?????  Why did he wait so damn long to say anything?

Maine, born and raised!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1007 on: March 10, 2008, 10:41:11 PM »

SCARED MONKEYS MEDIA ALERT ... MEDIA ALERT ... SCARED MONKEYS MEDIA ALERT ... MEDIA ALERT ...
I wanted to give everyone a heads up on one of Dana's guests tomorrow night on Scared Monkeys radio:

In an exclusive internet/satellite radio interview Dana Pretzer will have on The Dana Pretzer Show, Former Bolingbrook Police Sgt Drew Peterson. Joining Drew Peterson will be his his attorney Joel Brodsky.

This should be interesting. Don't miss this interview. One wife dead by what coroners are saying is drowning by homicide and another wife missing, Drew Peterson ... will be on Scared Monkeys radio ... tune in at 8pm EDT tomorrow night.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1008 on: March 11, 2008, 10:48:02 AM »

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1009 on: March 14, 2008, 05:20:10 PM »

Chicago Sun Times

March 14, 2008 Friday
Final Edition 

Boycott bar if Drew's there: Stacy's pals; Known to frequent tavern, he scoffs at plan

Friends of missing mom Stacy Peterson have called for the boycott of a local tavern if they let her husband inside.

"Everybody stop going there," the Petersons' next-door neighbor, Sharon Bychowski, said of the Bolingbrook bar Tailgaters.

Peterson has spent a good deal of time in Tailgaters, said Bychowski, a member of the board of the the Friends of Stacy Peterson group.

Bychowski's son Roy Taylor, who also is a member of the group, explained the plan for a "peaceful boycott."

"We would ask the public that does frequent Tailgaters, if this man does come into the establishment, please take your business elsewhere," Taylor said.

The owner of Tailgaters, Bob Zalewski, was doubtful there would be any cause for protest at his business. "I don't think Drew's going to be coming in for a while," he said.

But Peterson said he would not be stopped by any boycott: "Like that would bother me. They're not going to change anything that I do."

Stacy Peterson, Drew Peterson's fourth wife, vanished Oct. 28. State Police labeled her disappearance a "potential homicide" and named Peterson a suspect. 
http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:759973556&start=1

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1010 on: March 17, 2008, 02:48:15 PM »

photos on site

3-17-08
Peterson Can Get Seized Cars Back Tuesday
Judge Holds Off On Ruling What To Do With Former Cop's Guns
JOLIET, Ill. (AP) ― Drew Peterson entered a courtroom for the first time since being named a suspect in his wife's disappearance, emerging with a judge's order that cars and computers seized by authorities be returned to him.

Under Will County Richard Schoenstedt's order, the former Bolingbrook police sergeant can pick up his GMC Yukon Denali and Pontiac Grand Prix on Tuesday, and he can get his computers along with copies of the hard drives within 15 days.

The judge, however, said he needs more time to consider a request from Peterson attorney Joel Brodsky, who suggested weapons taken from the retired police officer be given to Peterson's son, who is a police officer.

"Drew is very pleased that he's getting his property back," Brodsky said after the hearing. "The judge has reviewed secret testimony of the state, he looked at the affidavits, and still found there was no compelling reason for the state to retain the property any longer."

Dressed in a dark suit, Peterson said little in court, answering "yes your honor" to a number of judge's questions.

During the brief hearing, Peterson also agreed not to challenge the validity of more than 200 digital photographs of his cars and other property.

Schoenstedt said last month that would be a condition of returning the items.

Peterson left the courthouse as he came -- through a basement rather through the front door -- because, as his attorney explained, he has received death threats. But he appeared relaxed in court and when he left in a car.

He did not answer questions from reporters.

Stacy Peterson vanished in October, and authorities have reopened the investigation into the 2004 death of Kathleen Savio, who was another one of Drew Peterson's wives.

Peterson -- who, until Monday, had not set foot in a courtroom in either case -- has denied involvement in his wife's disappearance or in Savio's death and has not been charged in either case.

Peterson may have moved a step closer to getting his 11 guns back when Brodsky proposed they be held by his adult son while Peterson appeals the revocation of his Firearm Owner's Identification (FOID) Card. In Illinois, a valid FOID card is needed to possess guns.

But Judge Schoenstedt balked at the proposal, saying he does not have jurisdiction over Peterson's son and wants to ensure any order he issues can be enforced. Brodsky said Peterson's son would be willing to appear in court and agree to abide by the judge's order.

Schoenstedt set a March 25 hearing date on the matter.

Also Monday, Brodsky said he was headed to probate court to file an objection to a petition by Savio's family to reopen the woman's estate. Brodsky said he will argue that the statue ran out 2 years ago.
http://cbs2chicago.com/local/drew.peterson.cars.2.678725.html

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1011 on: March 17, 2008, 02:50:45 PM »

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/stacy.peterson.lisa.2.678081.html
3-15-08
Volunteers to Renew Search for Stacy PetersonNAPERVILLE, Ill. (Naperville Sun) ― A group dedicated to uncovering the mystery of where Stacy Peterson went is preparing to resume its volunteer effort to find the missing mother.

"We can't wait to get out and find Stacy," said Sharon Bychowski, a member of the board of directors for the group the Friends of Stacy Peterson.

Bychowski's son, Roy Taylor, met with the state police Friday.

"The Illinois State Police are more than willing to work with us," Taylor said. "They will be communicating with the searches for Stacy Peterson and utilizing our resources."

Peterson disappeared Oct. 28. State police consider her disappearance a "potential homicide" and named her husband, Drew Peterson, a suspect in the case. Drew Peterson has not participated in the volunteer searches.

Taylor said he hopes to begin the searches next weekend, weather permitting, and that he "will try to release information (on upcoming searches) early every week until we find her or the season ends."

SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #1012 on: March 21, 2008, 10:35:24 PM »

Restraining Order For Peterson's Neighbor Denied
Woman Says Peterson Won't Return Her Garage Door Opener

POSTED: 7:42 am CDT March 19, 2008
UPDATED: 2:24 pm CDT March 20, 2008

BOLINGBROOK, Ill. -- Drew Peterson's trouble with his neighbor was diverted after a restraining order was denied.

His next-door neighbor, Sharon Bychowski told NBC5 she tried to file an order of protection against him, but it was refused by police because it did not meet the criteria.

The recent controversy follows the return of two cars to Peterson that were impounded by police investigating the disappearance of his wife, Stacy.

Bychowski said her garage door opener was in Stacy Peterson's car and that, as Drew Peterson was checking different openers on Tuesday, he opened her garage.

She said when she demanded the opener back, he refused. Bychowski said she now plans to install security cameras in her home.

Peterson's attorney says he never meant to scare Bychowski.

2 4 1
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #1013 on: March 21, 2008, 10:50:10 PM »

Peterson's Mother Brought Before Grand Jury
Husband Of Missing Woman Says Subpoena Meant To Irritate Him

POSTED: 7:14 am CDT March 21, 2008
UPDATED: 7:34 am CDT March 21, 2008

WHEATON, Ill. -- Drew Peterson's mother and stepfather appeared before a grand jury Thursday in what the embattled ex-police officer believes was nothing more than an attempt to irritate him.

Peterson's mother, Betty Morphey, and stepfather, Albert Morphey, would not discuss their testimony.

http://www.nbc5.com/news/15662145/detail.html

“You guys are vultures," Al Morphey hissed when questioned about his grand jury appearance.

He also claimed to have "no idea" where his stepson's missing wife might be.

The wife, Stacy Peterson, is Drew Peterson's fourth and has been missing since Oct. 28.

His third wife, Kathleen Savio, was the victim of an unsolved 2004 killing that state police at first figured was an accidental bathtub drowning.

The state police have determined Stacy Peterson's disappearance is a "potential homicide" and named Drew Peterson a suspect in the case.

But even if police think Stacy might be dead, her mother-in-law is optimistic the young woman might return.

"We hope so," said Betty Morphey as she and her husband walked to their car in a downtown lot.

She later asked a photographer for the pictures he was taking of her. 

"We want 10 copies of each," she said. "We didn't do nothing."

Drew Peterson accused the authorities of subpoenaing his mother and stepfather just to bother him.

"No other reason," he said. "Why else would you pick on a couple of old people like that?"

If that is the agenda of the police and prosecutors, it is working.

"It does upset me," Peterson said.

After appearing before the grand jury, Albert Morphey denied speaking about Stacy or where she might be with his stepson.

Albert Morphey is the father of Thomas Morphey, Drew Peterson's stepbrother and the man who supposedly helped him move a warm blue barrel from his bedroom to his GMC Denali hours after Stacy was last seen alive.

Albert Morphey refused to talk about what role his son Thomas may have played in Stacy's disappearance.

2 4 1
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1014 on: March 30, 2008, 12:45:59 AM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,343177,00.html

Search Resumes for Missing Mom Stacy Peterson
Saturday , March 29, 2008

BOLINGBROOK, Ill. —

After a winter hiatus, more than 50 volunteers resumed their ground search Saturday for a suburban Chicago mother who went missing last fall.

Searchers gathered in Bolingbrook, where Stacy Peterson was last seen in late October.

"Right now we're looking for a body," said Cassandra Cales, Peterson's younger sister. "We're looking for grave sites ... anything."

Investigators are treating the case as a possible homicide and have named Peterson's husband, former Bolingbrook police officer Drew Peterson, as a suspect. A grand jury is looking into both her disappearance and the death of his ex-wife, Kathleen Savio.

Drew Peterson, who hasn't been charged and denies any wrongdoing in both cases, has said Stacy left him for another man. A message left for Drew Peterson's attorney Saturday evening was not returned.

The search was set to continue on Sunday and then every following weekend, as long as enough funds are available to cover fuel and other expenses, organizers said.

"As long as it takes — that's our new motto," said Roy Taylor, a search organizer. "We will find Stacy."

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1015 on: April 15, 2008, 01:35:39 PM »

Chicago Tribune

April 15, 2008 Tuesday

Bid to change hearsay rule could affect Peterson case

A Will County state senator has filed a measure that, if passed, could influence the type of evidence allowed in a possible prosecution of Drew Peterson.

Sen. A.J. Wilhelmi (D-Joliet) has offered an amendment to the state's code of criminal procedure, backed by State's Atty. James Glasgow, that would allow hearsay testimony if the witness who made the statements was not available to testify in person because the defendant had a hand in that person's absence.

Neither Wilhelmi nor Glasgow's office would comment on whether the measure was inspired by the Peterson case, but the senator said the state's attorney requested the amendment earlier this year. Glasgow's office has been immersed in the investigation with a special grand jury since late last year.

Under the proposal, if prosecutors can convince a judge that the defendant, for example, bribed, threatened or killed a witness to prevent testimony, the judge could allow the statements the witness made to others to be heard in court.

"By closing this loophole, if you will, we can allow prosecutors to bring those statements into court and make sure those criminals are brought to justice," Wilhelmi said.

Peterson, 54, is a former Bolingbrook police sergeant who is a suspect in the Oct. 28 disappearance of his fourth wife, Stacy, then 23. Authorities labeled her case a potential homicide, and the investigation led them to re-examine the death of Peterson's third wife, Kathleen Savio, 40. She was found dead in 2004 in an empty bathtub, and her death, initially ruled an accident, was said by Glasgow in February to have been a homicide.

Friends and families of Stacy Peterson and Savio said the women told them that Peterson had made repeated threats and that they had feared for their lives. Stacy's pastor, Neil Schori, has said she confided to him that Peterson killed Savio.

Charles Pelkie, a spokesman for Glasgow, declined to comment on specific cases the proposed legislation would apply to, but said Glasgow backed the measure.

"We hope to utilize this law in the future, and we fully expect prosecutors will use it to enter evidence into trials, evidence that was previously not available to them," Pelkie said. "This amendment makes sense. Criminal defendants have been able to profit from their illegal acts, and what we're trying to do is ensure that these statements are admissible so they can't escape justice through additional criminal actions."

But Peterson's attorney, Joel Brodsky, said the amendment would have no bearing on his client if he is ever charged in connection with either Savio's death or his wife's disappearance.

"You can't change the law to get somebody, especially when it has to do with a fundamental constitutional right," Brodsky said.

Opponents of admissible hearsay argue that it goes against the 6th Amendment, which says, "In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right...to be confronted with the witnesses against him." In 2004, the Supreme Court ruled that hearsay evidence generally cannot be used at trial, repealing more lax interpretations of the rule.

Next week, the U.S. Supreme Court is scheduled to take up the issue again when it hears arguments about a California law that allowed a police officer's testimony to be admitted into the trial of Dwayne Giles, a Los Angeles man convicted of murdering his ex-girlfriend, Brenda Avie. The police officer testified Avie told him Giles had threatened to kill her.

With a high court ruling inevitable, Steve Baker, a legislative liaison for the Illinois Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and a member of the criminal justice section counsel for the Illinois State Bar Association, wants to know what the hurry is in Illinois.

Until the court rules, "both sides are playing in the mud," he said.
http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:775915648&start=5

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1016 on: April 16, 2008, 04:27:21 PM »

I HOPE THEY CAN NAIL THIS PIG!!!!!!!! ARGGGGGGGG...I HATE HIM 

Chicago Tribune

April 16, 2008 Wednesday

Stepbrother in Peterson case defended by family member

Spurred by the most recent national TV appearance in which Drew Peterson sought to discredit a stepbrother who said he and Peterson moved a large container the night Peterson's wife vanished, the man's brother said the public needs to know what's really happening.

Tom Morphey, Peterson's stepbrother, has put his life on hold, spending nearly six months in seclusion, as he tries to help authorities investigating the disappearance of the former Bolingbrook police sergeant's wife, said his brother John.

"Tom's not a whack job," John Morphey said in his first public interview. "It just kills me to see and hear this stuff about him. Drew says [Tom's] a liar, but Tom was coming forward with his story to me and to other people before Stacy was even reported missing."

Tom Morphey, 40, has been in protective custody. His brother, 41, said Drew Peterson enlisted Tom's help to remove a large blue container from the Peterson home Oct. 28, the night Stacy, then 23, vanished.

Authorities have called her disappearance a possible homicide and Peterson a suspect. But Peterson, 54, who has not been charged, says his wife left for another man. Peterson has downplayed Tom Morphey's account, saying he has a drinking problem and struggles with mental illness.

"I really don't want to bad-mouth Tommy," he said Friday night in an interview with CNN's Larry King. "He has some serious emotional issues. He was losing his house, losing his wife. He had a drinking problem. He had a suicidal problem. So I really -- and he is a family member -- so I really don't want to bad-mouth him here."

John Morphey said his brother told him substantially the same story that he told his friend and neighbor, Walter Martineck, who went public with his account in December.

John Morphey said his brother told him that he met Drew at a coffee shop near Peterson's home on the night of Oct. 28. They talked awhile, then Peterson drove Tom Morphey to a nearby park and left him with a cell phone and instructions not to answer if it rang, his brother said. Peterson drove off. After awhile, the phone rang, and the name "Stacy" appeared on the caller ID, Morphey said.

"I believe he set my brother up with that phone call," John Morphey said.

When Peterson returned, the two men reportedly went to his house and moved the container from the home to the back of Peterson's 2005 GMC Yukon. John Morphey said his brother told him Peterson seemed very nervous as he drove him back to his home, a few minutes away in Bolingbrook.

The following evening, Tom attempted suicide, John Morphey said.

"I was on the phone that night when my brother swallowed those pills," he said. "He told me, 'That's it, I'm done. I'm taking a bunch of pills. [Peterson] is going to get me anyway.'

"He said that he thought he may have inadvertently helped dispose of Stacy's body," John Morphey said. "I couldn't believe what I was hearing."

John Morphey said he quickly hung up the phone and called 911, and paramedics took his brother to a hospital for treatment.

Morphey noted that for almost six months he has not spoken about Peterson or his brother, but after testifying for two hours Thursday before a special grand jury investigating Stacy's disappearance -- and after seeing Peterson's CNN interview -- he wanted to counter what he said is an inaccurate portrait of his brother.

Morphey acknowledged his brother struggled with alcoholism and manic depression but said he quit drinking after completing a six-month rehabilitation program in the mid-1990s and began taking medicine for depression.

"He became this totally different person. He became a different Tom, a Tom I'm proud of," John Morphey said. "He has a past, like anybody, but for the past 10 years or so, he's been a responsible citizen, taking care of [his longtime girlfriend's] three boys, showing them right from wrong."

John Morphey said he believes Peterson reached out to Tom for help because he has always been too trusting and loyal. "He doesn't say no to people, even when he should," John Morphey said. "He's loyal to a fault. Put it this way: His sophomore year of high school, he was playing football [at Hinsdale South High School] and one of the guys on his team picked up the ball and ran the wrong way. Tom blocked for him."

For his part, John Morphey said he supports the search efforts led by Stacy Peterson's sister, Cassandra Cales, and Roy Taylor, the son of Drew Peterson's neighbor.

"Cassandra and Roy are heroes," he said. "I'm behind them 100 percent."

He recently let searchers use a boat he and Tom, both avid fishermen, restored together. Embedded in the varnish is a picture of John and his brother as young kids, holding up fish they'd caught.

"We are very happy that we have his support in finding Stacy," said Pam Bosco, a spokeswoman for Stacy Peterson's relatives. "I think it makes a big statement on the case, and backs up what we've been saying all along."

Peterson's neighbor, Sharon Bychowski, said John Morphey called several weeks ago.

"He said, 'I would like to offer you my boat.' It's been used pretty much every day this week," she said.

Morphey said he believes his brother will be "thrilled" to know the boat is being used to help find Stacy.

"The boat's a lot like my brother. When we got it, people didn't think it could ever amount to anything, and now it's being used for such an honorable purpose as this."
http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:776543542&start=6

kissyface
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1017 on: April 17, 2008, 03:16:53 PM »

I HOPE THEY CAN NAIL THIS PIG!!!!!!!! ARGGGGGGGG...I HATE HIM 

ME TOO NUT!!!!  He's a sick sick individual and I know they will eventually get him.  Can't wait.

***Love is stronger than death.***

>>> bring Bri justice<<<
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #1018 on: May 16, 2008, 07:05:49 PM »

This man truly sickens me!  He must be related to PVDS!   God please give this young girl some sense and send her running like crazy!

Another Drew Peterson Update
by Greta Van Susteren     http://gretawire.foxnews.com/2008/05/16/another-drew-peterson-update/#comments
Just got this email from my executive producer Meade Cooper….read and POST YOUR COMMENT

To: Van Susteren, Greta; Howard, Cory; Watts, Stephen
Sent: Fri May 16,2008
Subject:

22-year-old defends Peterson relationship
May 16, 2008
By JOE HOSEY  The Herald News
BOLINGBROOK — The latest lady in Drew Peterson’s life - a 22-year-old he rescued from a Naperville traffic stop last week - is keeping an open mind about her older male “friend.”
“I’ve always been the kind of person, I’m not going to judge someone,” said the young woman, who asked that she not be identified.
The woman said she met Peterson about three weeks ago through their mutual friend, Steve Carcerano, who tans at the salon where she works. Since then, they have spoken often and she has spent the night at his home - but nothing physical took place, she said. Peterson did not seem so sure about that.
“Never ‘nothing’ physical,” Peterson said enigmatically.
The woman lives with her mother, who must not have approved of whatever was going on between the 54-year-old, four-times-married Peterson and the woman 32 years his junior.
“My mom called the police,” she said.
State police have identified Peterson as a suspect in the disappearance of his fourth wife, 24-year-old Stacy Peterson. They have classified the case a “potential homicide,” and also are investigating the March 2004 death of his third wife, Kathleen Savio, which was recently deemed a homicide.
The young friend of Peterson said a state police investigator gave her an earful about what he thinks of Peterson’s involvement in the disappearance of Stacy and the death of Kathleen.
“They’re like, ‘We’re 100 percent positive he killed them. His family thinks he killed them. You’re going to be next,’” she said. “And I’m like, ‘Then why isn’t he in jail?’”
When pressed about the nature of their relationship, Peterson said, “No comment,” and added “She has parents to be concerned with.”
The woman, a Benet Academy graduate, said her relationship with Peterson has caused her some grief.
“It sucks,” she said, “because I’m not a hooker.”
Apparently, Peterson is worth the hassle.
“He’s just a nice guy,” she said. “He’s been nothing but nice to me.”
Sun-Times News Group

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1019 on: May 20, 2008, 03:47:01 AM »

I hope this 22 year old has a tracking device implanted.  She sure doesn't sound very mature.  God help her!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.