April 26, 2024, 08:46:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stacy Ann Peterson 23, Bolingbrook IL - Missing 10/28/07 #1  (Read 1033776 times)
aly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #920 on: December 07, 2007, 12:47:48 AM »

Well, maybe DP pension may be cut a little more? . . .  Rolling Eyes

----------------------------
Peterson Might Lose Pension Benefits For Spying On Wife's Family
December 6, 2007 6:30 a.m. EST

Nilanjana Bhowmick - AHN News Writer
Bolingbrook, IL (AHN) - Recent reports might prove that Drew Peterson, the 53 year old retired police officer, suspected in the mysterious disappearance of his wife, had used police resources to spy out information about his wife's family and friends.

He is believed to have accessed confidential background information on these people, saved in police records.

Bolingbrook Police Pension Board attorney Richard reamer told NBC News that such behavior is called 'official misconduct' and can be used to revoke his retirement benefits, including $6000 monthly pension.

Meanwhile, Peterson was served with another search warrant late Tuesday. The warrant deals with two items seized from the two vehicles that the police had taken in custody.

The police refused to elaborate on the search warrant, reports The Associated Press.

Peterson is the main suspect in his fourth wife's mysterious disappearance.

Stacy Peterson, 23, went missing on October 17. Peterson had said that she had eloped with another man. The police, however, suspect murder.

value people not things
aly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #921 on: December 07, 2007, 01:01:21 AM »

DP's son's involvement?:

WLS News, Illinois

-----------------------------
I-Team
Peterson's son's personnel files subpoenaedThursday, December 06, 2007 | 7:17 PMStory Media Top Stories
  By Chuck Goudie
Illinois state investigators have subpoenaed the personnel files of three men with connections to the village of Oakbrook Police Department. Among them: Steve Peterson, one of Drew Peterson's sons.
Twenty-eight-year-old Steve Peterson has been a patrolman in suburban Oakbrook since 2004, the same year one of his stepmothers, Kathleen Savio, was found dead in a bathtub. The Savio case has been now been reopened.
When Steve Peterson's current stepmother, Stacy, 23, vanished almost six weeks ago, he was on vacation, according to police sources - a vacation that he extended several times in November.
On Wednesday afternoon, as authorities were searching the sanitary ship canal for evidence in his latest stepmother's disappearance, Steve Peterson returned to work in Oakbrook.

But while he was gone, the day before Thanksgiving, state police officers executed subpoenas at Oakbrook police headquarters.
The I-Team has learned that state authorities removed Steve Peterson's police personnel file and other records of his recent patrol activities. Twice, Steve Peterson has also been called in front of a Will County grand jury that is looking into the disappearance of Stacy Peterson.
The I-Team has also been told by investigators that state police seized the Oakbrook department personnel files of two of Peterson's closest friends on the force. One recently resigned while under investigation for professional misconduct. The other was recently terminated for lying and unauthorized access of criminal files.
That is the same allegation that sources say Drew Peterson is facing in Bolingbrook - the sale of criminal records.
"Drew denies that he has used the computers or the databases in any unauthorized manner," said attorney Joel Brodsky. "However, our investigation reveals that it was common practice for members of the Bolingbrook Police Department and employees, to run warrant checks and name checks for friends, for family members and even to run prank names, rather risque prank names, when they would get bored in the evening."
Those who know Drew and Steve Peterson say the men are more like best friends than father and son. Drew was Steve's best man at his wedding last August.
Steve and his new wife live in a north Aurora home. She is a federal agent with the inspector general's office for the U.S. Housing Department.
Teresa Peterson has been questioned by investigators as to her husband's whereabouts and activities the past six weeks.
When the I-Team spoke with Steve Peterson at his home, he declined to answer any questions about his father's case or the subpoenas of his police personnel file and records of his law enforcement computer searches.

(Copyright ©2007 WLS-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)

value people not things
aly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #922 on: December 07, 2007, 01:11:03 AM »

I am guessing everyone will like this title!
(the article is a couple days old, but still tells confirms that DP being accused of misusing police database.)

-------------
from NBC Field Notes

NO HOLIDAY CHEER FOR PETERSON

Posted: Tuesday, December 04, 2007 1:11 PM

By NBC News' Alison Kartevold
BOLINGBROOK, Ill. – A bitter wind cut the air and rippled through blue and pink ribbons tied around the trees that line Pheasant Chase Court, the cul-de-sac where Drew Peterson lives. The ribbons are remnants of a vigil for Kathleen Savio and Stacy Peterson – two women, one dead and the other feared dead, both forever tied to Peterson. 

Holiday cheer is hard to come by in this Chicago suburb. The bleak weather reflects the mood of a neighborhood weary of unwanted and unrelenting attention. 

Peterson, the retired Bolingbrook police officer named a suspect in the disappearance of his fourth wife, Stacy, and questioned by authorities about the death of his third wife, Kathy, is of course the focal point. 

Peterson said to misuse police database

On Monday evening, when asked about new allegations being raised against him, Peterson told  the reporters assembled outside his house that as the holidays approach, the media should use its time and resources to help families in need instead of hassling his.

His sentiments are not shared by Stacy Peterson’s family and friends. Pam Bosco, a spokeswoman for her family, shot back that if Peterson really wants to help others and make the media go way, he should share what he knows about the 23-year-old.

Retirement pension in balance
This ill will grows as more information concerning the intertwined investigations creeps to light, the latest development being that Peterson, 53, allegedly used resources available to him as a police officer to gather private information about Stacy’s family and friends. If this proves to be true, Peterson's newly approved pension of just over $6,000 a month could be in jeopardy.   

Bolingbrook Police Pension Board attorney Richard Reimer told NBC News that he's dealt with other cases in which officers have been accused of using police computers to conduct background searches. He says doing so is considered "official misconduct," which is a felony, and can be used as grounds for revoking an officer's pension. 

Such a move would probably be welcomed by Bolingbrook Police Chief Ray McGury, who stated he wanted Peterson fired rather than to allow him to retire with full benefits. When the fire and police commission accepted Peterson's resignation from the police force, securing his retirement, it was McGury that forwarded his internal investigation of Peterson to the Will County State Attorney's Office in the hope that criminal charges would be brought against him.

value people not things
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #923 on: December 07, 2007, 01:50:51 AM »

Thanks for the updates Aly! 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #924 on: December 08, 2007, 09:25:31 AM »

Dec 8, 7:37 AM EST

Police Dismiss Tip in Peterson Case

By DON BABWIN
Associated Press Writer
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/P/POLICE_OFFICERS_WIFE?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US
 trucker who claimed to have seen Drew Peterson hours after the former police officer's wife disappeared did not actually see the suspect, authorities said Friday.

"We did look into the tip and it is unfounded," Illinois State Police Trooper Mark Dorencz said. He added that detectives are investigating the same claim made by another trucker.
(snipped)

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #925 on: December 08, 2007, 09:27:40 AM »

Dec 7, 6:51 PM EST

Peterson Attorney Attracted by Challenge

By CARLA K. JOHNSON
Associated Press Writer
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/P/POLICE_OFFICERS_WIFE_ATTORNEY?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US
When a former police officer suspected in his wife's disappearance pleaded for legal help on the "Today" show, lawyer Joel Brodsky's first thought was: "What an idiot."

He thought Drew Peterson was foolish to discuss the disappearance on national television. But Brodsky also told his wife: "That would be an interesting case. I could do that case."

Brodsky, who soon began representing Peterson, initially welcomed the publicity, but he now says he got more than he bargained for. In recent weeks, reporters have looked into his own background. He receives hate mail from strangers, and he's besieged with constant interview requests.

Brodsky, who had never handled such a high-profile case, feels these days as if he's trying to derail a freight train on his client's behalf.
(snipped)

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Auntiem
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #926 on: December 08, 2007, 05:27:30 PM »

It certainly is taking rediculously long....like maybe Peterson still has good buddies in Law Enforcement???    Why would they need a second search warrant for his vehicles?  Don't they still have possession of therm?  Anyway, a search warrant, when looking for a missing person when foul play is suspected, you would think would be all  inclusive, ie., forensic, etc., not just GPS system...that seems pretty stupid to me.....are they taking lessons from A.L.E.?

I hope they nail this guy, get those poor babies out of that house, and allow the respective families of Kathleen Savio and Stacy Peterson have custody and share his retirement money.  Even a murderer, in jail for life, needs to support his children!!!
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #927 on: December 08, 2007, 07:57:56 PM »

It makes me sick to think about those children still living with him. He's such a selfish POS...
I can't even stand to post what could happen. But I worry about those kids every single day.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
aly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #928 on: December 09, 2007, 10:34:06 AM »

yeah - the two teenaged (or about that age) boys have lost two Moms! - can you imagine for them? & the two younger ones - SP's kids - must feel completely sad and alone!

Then the kids have to deal with watching their Dad diminish their Mom - not act sad or upset - DP made comments about how it is easy to deal with the younger ones becuz you just have them play or something.
I know that's not true.  I have taken care of kids my whole life and little ones call all day for "Mommy" or "Daddy" when you do childcare!

I wish someone would protect and love those kids and get them out of the house just like I wish could have been the case for KS & SP! 

value people not things
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #929 on: December 09, 2007, 06:35:32 PM »

I'm sure all 4 of those children are traumatized. It's just another layer of harm that DP has added to an already very ugly story.
I wonder how much the 2 older ones know...

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #930 on: December 10, 2007, 06:33:20 PM »

Posted on Greta's blog:

December 10th, 2007 5:47 PM Eastern
TONIGHT’S SHOW! Wait Until You Hear This!
by Greta Van Susteren

According to the guest (a pastor) I flew to Chicago to interview today….Stacy Peterson admitted to him that Sgt. Peterson confessed to her that he murdered Kathleen Savio (wife #3.)   Tune in tonight…ON THE RECORD 10pm eastern ….you will hear the interview with the pastor…..I just walked into my office and need to rush to get ready for the show or I would tell you more right now….

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #931 on: December 10, 2007, 06:54:40 PM »

that would be considered heresay?...no?

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
aly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #932 on: December 10, 2007, 08:33:32 PM »

I'm sure all 4 of those children are traumatized. It's just another layer of harm that DP has added to an already very ugly story.
I wonder how much the 2 older ones know...

yeah pdh3 - I was thinking the same.  Since I am reading they are trying to close the NH case after re-arresting the suspects & letting them go due to no body - makes you think - wow - these guys can just get away with murder and eventually the case grows cold and people move on.
How scarey!!!

I know one of the older boys said his parents (SP & DP) were fighting that morning she disappeard.
Then they said the older boys (teenage ones) were interviewed for a few hours.  Surely they could help nail their Dad who isn't a Dad to them!
Surely they know something or heard or saw something!

value people not things
aly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #933 on: December 11, 2007, 09:04:21 AM »

Remember all those dead people plus SP missing who have ties to DP?

Four of the dead/missing people's relatives are joining together.
--------------------------------------------
Cleric: Stacy Peterson said husband told her he killed ex-wife

Stacy Peterson's family meets outside the Peterson home in Bolingbrook, Ill. Monday with relatives of four missing people to draw attention to their cases. (Tribune photo /  December 10, 2007)

By Erika Slife and Hal Dardick | Tribune staff reporters
December 11, 2007

A minister from Plainfield said on national TV on Monday night that as he counseled Stacy Peterson in the months before she disappeared, she told him her husband admitted killing his ex-wife Kathleen Savio.

Rev. Neil Schori, formerly of Westbrook Christian Church in Bolingbrook, said Stacy Peterson, 23, blurted out in a Bolingbrook coffee shop that "he did it," referring to her husband, Drew Peterson, 53, whose ex-wife was found dead in her bathtub in 2004. Savio's death was ruled an accidental drowning at the time, but her body recently was exhumed for a second autopsy. Those results have not been released.

"I was really blown away, I was reeling inside," Schori told Greta Van Susteren in an interview for Fox's "On the Record" show.

Drew Peterson, a former Bolingbrook police sergeant, has been named a suspect in Stacy Peterson's disappearance.

Schori said Stacy Peterson gave him details about Savio's death that convinced him she was not speculating about her husband's involvement. Asked why she stayed with Peterson, Schori said probably out of fear.

Joel Brodsky, Peterson's attorney, said on the show, "I'd love to get to cross-examine this guy because there are a lot of problems with his story."

Earlier Monday, Illinois State Police resumed their search of the Chicago Sanitary and Ship Canal in Romeoville and Lockport. Stacy Peterson has been missing since Oct. 28.

"We're in the canal today, and the weather is going to probably play a larger role against us this week than it has been," state police Capt. Ken Kaupas said, referring to freezing temperatures. He said dozens of personnel, led by the Tri-County Auto Theft Unit, joined in the search.

Last week, more than a dozen agencies, including the FBI, Coast Guard, Department of Defense and Army Corps of Engineers, participated in a search of the canal, where divers recovered various debris.

Kaupas declined to say what led investigators to the canal. Pam Bosco, a spokeswoman for Stacy Peterson's family, said police told her they were using high-resolution sonar equipment borrowed from Minnesota to "give them a clearer picture of what they are seeing.

"There's lots of stuff down there. They're going to go every two miles, make sure it's good to go before going on to the next section, so they're doing a very thorough job," she said. " Nothing will get past them. ... They're investing a lot of money and time into this location, so there must be a reason for it."

Kaupas also said police have determined that a tip by two truck drivers regarding the case is completely unfounded. On Dec. 1, state police released a statement saying that in the early morning of Oct. 29 two men -- one of whom matched a description of Peterson -- approached two drivers at a Bolingbrook truck stop and asked them to transport a package.

"We were able to run that whole story down, and there doesn't appear to be an ounce of validity to that lead," he said, adding, "We continue to get lots of leads coming in."

Meanwhile, Stacy Peterson's family teamed up with relatives of four missing people at a news conference to bring attention to their cases. .

value people not things
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #934 on: December 11, 2007, 11:03:52 AM »

Chicago Sun Times

December 11, 2007 Tuesday

Families of missing join forces; 'We share the same pain'

Relatives of missing suburban moms Stacy Peterson and Lisa Stebic pledged Monday to work with other suburban families searching for missing loved ones.

Their joint efforts will help keep public interest and police investigations focused, even on missing persons cases that lack the high profile of the baffling disappearances of Peterson and Stebic, relatives said.

"We share this common bond, we share the same pain, the same desperation, to find our missing loved ones," said Melanie Greenberg, a cousin of Lisa Stebic, the Plainfield mother of two who disappeared April 30.

The families agreed to work together to promote searches and publicity for all of their missing relatives.

"Together we all will continue to look for our loved ones," said Susan Olsen, whose 26-year-old son Bradley Olsen vanished last Jan. 19 in DeKalb.

Along with Olsen, relatives of two other missing suburban men -- John Spira and Scott Acaro -- joined the effort, announced at a news conference outside the Bolingbrook home where 23-year-old Stacy Peterson was last seen Oct. 28.

Spira, a 45-year-old businessman and Blues musician, vanished Feb. 23 while in suburban West Chicago. Scott Acaro, 38, disappeared on Feb. 22 in west suburban Lisle.

"Our hope is to keep their faces out there," said Kerry Simmons, Stacy Peterson's stepsister.
http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:714053680&start=8

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
aly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #935 on: December 11, 2007, 02:23:05 PM »

Nut44x4 -
sorry - I guess I was wrong that the families uniting to keep the focus on missing persons were the missing persons who might have known DP.
It is other families of missing persons just wanting to unite to keep the search on for their loved ones.

Lisa Stebic disappeared somewhat near to SP I think and not too much before.

value people not things
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #936 on: December 11, 2007, 09:40:22 PM »

Posted on Greta's blog:

December 10th, 2007 5:47 PM Eastern
TONIGHT’S SHOW! Wait Until You Hear This!
by Greta Van Susteren

According to the guest (a pastor) I flew to Chicago to interview today….Stacy Peterson admitted to him that Sgt. Peterson confessed to her that he murdered Kathleen Savio (wife #3.)   Tune in tonight…ON THE RECORD 10pm eastern ….you will hear the interview with the pastor…..I just walked into my office and need to rush to get ready for the show or I would tell you more right now….

Check out the FP of SM too... Red did an article about this

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #937 on: December 12, 2007, 12:41:14 PM »

Chicago Tribune

December 12, 2007 Wednesday
Chicago Edition 

Wife's sister tells of gunshot in home;
Missing woman said Peterson fired through floor, her sister says

A gunshot allegedly fired by Drew Peterson narrowly missed his wife, Stacy, this summer as she retrieved a can of soda in the garage for him, she told her sister before she disappeared in late October.

Drew Peterson was in the master bedroom when the gun allegedly went off, according to the account Stacy gave her sister Cassandra Cales. The bullet allegedly pierced the floor and went into the garage below.

"She heard a pow. It scared her. She looked around the garage -- she didn't know what it was," Cales told the Tribune on Tuesday. "Drew went down there. He picked up all the pieces and he never made a report [to police]. He patched the ceiling. Stacy showed me the hole. She peeled the carpet back and showed me where the hole was."

Cales said she sarcastically asked Stacy if the gunshot was an accident. She said her sister just stared at her.

Drew Peterson, 53, a former Bolingbrook police sergeant, has been named a suspect in the disappearance of Stacy, 23, who vanished Oct. 28. State police have labeled the case a possible homicide, and the investigation has led authorities to re-examine the 2004 death of Peterson's third wife, Kathleen Savio, who was found dead in her home in an empty bathtub.

On Tuesday, investigators continued a days-long search of the Chicago Sanitary and Ship Canal in Romeoville and Lockport for evidence in Stacy's case, and Drew Peterson made a public appeal for money to defend himself.

Cales said the gun incident happened in August.

A minister who counseled Stacy said he met her at a coffee shop in August where Stacy blurted out to him that her husband admitted he killed Savio. The minister said Drew Peterson then called about a meeting, but they never got together.

Cales said she told Illinois State Police and Bolingbrook Police Chief Ray McGury about the gun incident when she reported her sister missing. Bolingbrook police Lt. Ken Teppel said McGury told Cales to report it to state police.

"He did say that Cassandra brought it up. ... We had no report of that either by Stacy or by Drew," Teppel said. "He recognized that it was integral to this investigation and told her to make sure Illinois State Police is aware of it."

Peterson's attorney, Joel Brodsky, dismissed the story as just another rumor about his client.

"I'm sure the police were called and someone was arrested and charged with attempted murder," Brodsky said, his voice laced with sarcasm. "It's more baloney. Just another Elvis sighting."

Cales said that two weeks before Stacy went missing, she found her cell phone bill in Peterson's briefcase, with numbers highlighted and notes scribbled on it.

Cales said Stacy immediately got a new number and had the bill sent to Cales' work.

"She said, 'I can't take this anymore,'" Cales said. Stacy's friends and family have said she told Peterson she wanted a divorce in the days leading up to her disappearance.

Brodsky said his client has been the target of rumors and media attacks since the case broke. Earlier in the day, he sent out a news release announcing the establishment of the Drew Peterson Legal Defense Fund to help defray legal fees associated with the case and to hire a private investigator to search for Stacy.

Peterson launched a Web site, which had a short section of text explaining that the media has sensationalized the story, causing hardship for Peterson and his children. The news release said Peterson would not receive any money from the fund for his personal use.

Pam Bosco, a spokeswoman for Stacy's relatives, said she was not surprised by the appeal for money.

"The first thing that comes to my mind is that we must be hot on the trail for him to do something like this," Bosco said.

She dismissed the claim that the money would be used to hire a private investigator, saying Peterson had ample time to help look for his wife but chose not to do so.

Brodsky said his client has to contend with an investigation involving 64 Illinois State Police investigators, as well as "dozens, if not hundreds," of FBI agents.

Even though Peterson has not been charged with a crime, Brodsky said the sheer manpower arrayed against him is daunting, leading to equally daunting costs to prepare a possible defense.

"I mean, the cost of the independent forensic pathologist alone, he wanted $10,000 upfront," Brodsky said. "And that's not counting lawyers' fees and all sorts of other costs."

But by Tuesday evening, the Web site was suspended because it was generating too much traffic, according to its Web host, HostMonster.com. A customer service representative said www.defenddrew.com was taking up nearly 4,500 connections on the server, leaving only a little more than 500 connections free for all other sites.

Meanwhile, a site for Stacy Peterson, FindStacyPeterson.com, began accepting donations for volunteer searchers for her.

The money would be used to pay for food, gas and lodging for searchers, as well as for fliers, sonar equipment and airplane rentals and fuel. The Web site has drawn a lot of traffic since it was launched, said Anthony Laatz, site administrator. About 100,000 people visit a day, he said.

A hearing was scheduled for Wednesday on Brodsky's motion to have items seized by police -- including Peterson's vehicles and 11 guns -- returned to his client.

Prosecutors filed a response Tuesday, saying they had no objection to returning two iPods and 23 music CDs seized last month, but argued they have the right to retain custody of the GMC Yukon Denali SUV and Pontiac Grand Prix, the guns, computers and a backpack containing items of Stacy's.
http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:714888019&start=4

NYC_lover
Monkey Junky Jr.

The Mercedes GL

« Reply #938 on: December 12, 2007, 02:52:19 PM »

There is a special forum for the Stacy Peterson case.

http://findstacypeterson.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=vdu6hkhgh7497fot59c1ojh8i1&

I am glad hear this media attention from the Netherlands. ‘Recherche verdraait informatie te vaak’
Investigators in a black breach and again a bad name of the Dutch police. It smells again to Corrpution and a negative researching in missing persons cases
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #939 on: December 13, 2007, 10:11:46 AM »

One of Drew Peterson's closest friends said Peterson had blue containers at his home, which now are missing. (Handout/AP Photo)

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=3993648

Peterson's Missing Blue Containers

Peterson's Close Friend Told Authorities Blue Containers Went Missing After Stacy Disappeared

By JIM AVILA & REYNOLDS HOLDING
ABC News Law & Justice Unit
Dec. 13, 2007 —

The mysterious blue container at the center of the Drew Peterson investigation may be one of three that the former police sergeant and a close friend bought from a cable installation company four years ago, ABC News has learned.

A search warrant issued last week for Peterson's two vehicles mentions "blue plastic" and "scuff marks" left by a "large storage container," lending credence to reports that investigators think Peterson, 53, might have loaded into his SUV a blue container holding the body of his 23-year-old wife, Stacy, who disappeared from their Bolingbrook, Ill., home Oct. 28. Drew Peterson is a suspect in her disappearance, but he has not been charged.

Rick Mims, Peterson's long-time friend, told a grand jury last week that he and Peterson bought three such containers for about $100 from AmeriCable, where they both worked part-time in 2003, according to a source close to the investigation. Peterson put two of the containers on a shelf in his garage, but after Stacy vanished, so did the containers, Mims testified.

A state prosecutor and the grand jurors themselves questioned Mims for approximately 10 minutes about the containers, the source said, asking in particular about the items' handles. Mims turned over photographs of the containers, and ABC News obtained copies of those photos.

The new pictures have reportedly prompted state investigators, local police and volunteer searchers to shift their attention from what was originally thought to be a blue barrel to a square blue container. Peterson has consistently denied having a blue barrel in his house, and his attorney Joel Brodsky now denies that a blue container was there either.

"Stacy's sister said there was a blue barrel of chlorine," said Brodsky. "Now we're told there is a blue container of cable. The story is not consistent throughout and therefore really shows it lacks validity."

Peterson has said he believes his wife is alive and disappeared because she left him for another man. But police are treating the case as a possible homicide, and members of Stacy's family are pitching in to help solve the case in any way they can.

Pam Bosco, a spokeswoman for the family, says investigators are actually looking for lots of different kinds of containers while relentlessly searching the canals near the Peterson home for any sign of Stacy's body. Family members met Wednesday with Illinois State Police for three hours, and they say they are pleased with the process so far.

"It was very inspiring," said Bosco, "to see that many people involved -- heart and soul, actually -- with this investigation."

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.