March 28, 2024, 11:52:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stacy Ann Peterson 23, Bolingbrook IL - Missing 10/28/07 #1  (Read 1030032 times)
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1380 on: June 05, 2010, 03:32:01 PM »

http://www.pjstar.com/news/x1834544444/Authorities-set-to-dig-for-Stacy-Peterson-body-near-Peoria

<snipped>

Several state police squad cars had blocked the entrance to the club and the gate was closed, as well. Troopers stood out front. Members of the media that had converged on the scene were asked to leave.

No machinery or other personnel were visible farther back on the property from the road.

Sources have now confirmed that authorities were led to the area by a Will County inmate who claims to have been told about the area by Drew Peterson in the Will County jail.

The inmate personally took authorities to the club about 10 a.m. Friday morning, when the search commenced. Officers are probing the ground and sifting through soil by hand, though an end-loader and back hoe are on the scene if needed.

Mud and rain have hampered the search, sources have told the Journal Star.

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1381 on: June 05, 2010, 03:45:51 PM »

As of 1 p.m., State police Master Sgt. Tom Burek said that nothing had yet been found in a search of the area. He too would not say where the search was being conducted.

Peoria County Coroner Johnna Ingersoll said that the search, which began Friday, will continue today for "human remains."

David Alwan confirmed he owns and lives on the 150-acre farm where investigators are digging.

He said about 10 to 20 federal, state and Will County investigators met with him Friday at his farm, where horses roam and soybeans and alfalfa grow.

"They had pretty solid leads with specific coordinates," Alwan said.

He would not elaborate, saying police have asked him not release many details.

Alwan also would not say if he's ever noticed digging on his land before, but added that investigators are unearthing soil near Kickapoo Creek.

Friday was the first time police had contacted Alwan about the Drew Peterson case, he said.

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/blog/

Maybe it's the meat company, or his catalog business, but the name David Alwan is SOOOOO familiar.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1382 on: June 05, 2010, 03:50:03 PM »

I pray they find her Smile But WTH is DrewP allowed on a computer for??? He should be put in GP and let the other inmates do what they will with that scum bag POS (mad monkey inserted here)

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1383 on: June 05, 2010, 04:00:01 PM »

Thanks to everyone that's providing links, articles, tweets, pics and etc.  I really, really, really hope Stacy can be found during this search.  Stacy needs to be found.  And Drew needs the smirk wiped from his face..hopefully both can happen.  Justice for Stacy. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1384 on: June 05, 2010, 04:04:53 PM »

While we wait for further updates today, here's an interesting article by Joe Hosey. 

February 28, 2010

Did state police bungle the Peterson case?
Testimony shows cops may have mishandled much of murder investigation

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/news/2074488,police_bungle_peterson_jo022810.article

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1385 on: June 05, 2010, 04:16:57 PM »

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hbfkKdZZEPQinpLBXO6Df3-5s2SwD9G5AJG80
Ill. police probe lead on Drew Peterson's 4th wife

(AP) – 25 minutes ago

PEORIA, Ill. — Investigators searched a muddy stretch of remote central Illinois Saturday for the remains of the fourth wife of Drew Peterson, the former suburban Chicago police officer awaiting trial for the murder of his previous spouse.

Drew Peterson, 56, is a suspect in the disappearance and possible homicide of Stacy Peterson, who was 23 when she was last seen in October 2007. No one has been charged in the case, and her body has never been found.

Drew Peterson is already charged with first-degree murder in the 2004 death of his third wife, Kathleen Savio, whose body was found in a dry bathtub at her home. He's pleaded not guilty to the charges. Jury selection in the trial is set for next month. He's being held in isolation at the Will County Jail.

State police and other law enforcement agencies were searching rural land "thick with timber" near Peoria for signs of Stacy Peterson, said state police Master Sgt. Tom Burek.

Rains have reduced the land to a "muddy mess" meaning that parts are inaccessible by vehicle and investigators have had to comb the area on foot, Burek said.

He wouldn't say when the search began or how large the search area is. He also wouldn't confirm where the lead came from or how credible police thought it might be.

"We follow up on every lead," he said.
Investigators have pursued several tips about Stacy Peterson's disappearance over the years, including sending divers into murky Chicago-area waters.

Drew Peterson's attorney, Joel Brodsky, called the most recent search "patently ridiculous."

"Drew's position from day one has always been that she ran off with another man, because that's what she told him," Brodsky said. "This is just another in a long line of unsubstantiated rumors about Drew Peterson, all of which have proved to be false."

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1386 on: June 05, 2010, 04:55:28 PM »

Digging by hand..

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/stacy.peterson.body.2.1734363.html

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1387 on: June 05, 2010, 05:11:39 PM »

<snipped>

Maybe it's the meat company, or his catalog business, but the name David Alwan is SOOOOO familiar.

The name David jumped out at me too!  Have been scouring my brain for all the David's associated with this case.  But the one I was thinking of turns out to be David G. Schurr, fellow LE and bus. assoc. of Drew's.  Still checking thru assorted info from wayyyyy back for any other David we've done research on. 

Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1388 on: June 05, 2010, 05:34:35 PM »

The name David jumped out at me too!  Have been scouring my brain for all the David's associated with this case.  But the one I was thinking of turns out to be David G. Schurr, fellow LE and bus. assoc. of Drew's.  Still checking thru assorted info from wayyyyy back for any other David we've done research on.

I must be going off my rocker (again)... because I would swear there was a search of someone's farm, with a very similar name, and nothing was found.

It may have to do with one of the many missing people cases I have read in the past, or maybe a dream. I can't seem to remember which, or the details.

But, in this "dream" - or actual search - nothing was found.

I hope and pray that it's just a "deja vu" kinda thing and that the search near Peoria will REALLY find something related to the Peterson case. I cannot see anyone taking LE on a trip to a remote area to search for a body when there is nothing to it.

I also hope they find her, so justice can run its course.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1389 on: June 05, 2010, 05:46:44 PM »

I must be going off my rocker (again)... because I would swear there was a search of someone's farm, with a very similar name, and nothing was found.

It may have to do with one of the many missing people cases I have read in the past, or maybe a dream. I can't seem to remember which, or the details.

But, in this "dream" - or actual search - nothing was found.

I hope and pray that it's just a "deja vu" kinda thing and that the search near Peoria will REALLY find something related to the Peterson case. I cannot see anyone taking LE on a trip to a remote area to search for a body when there is nothing to it.

I also hope they find her, so justice can run its course.

Am thinking we are on the same wavelength!  Yes, a farm and a search.  A psychic.  A "Barry/David Connection" thread full of our research, at an old Stacy board.  Am wading thru old olddddddd assorted info at the moment, and all these things are coming up, along with the mention of Peoria a couple of times.  Trying to get thru the research to the nuggets that were found.  Would be here all day and night into next week posting all that stuff. 

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1390 on: June 05, 2010, 05:49:16 PM »

From twitter... Sigh.

joehosey

Spoke to a law enforcement source who was not encouraged by today's developments.
less than a minute ago via txt

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1391 on: June 05, 2010, 05:56:31 PM »

From twitter...

joehosey

State plice and the owner of the property they searched are to hold a joint press conference in the property owner's new restaurant, the ... "309"

~~

no word yet on if this pc will be national or local, or just to the media.

Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1392 on: June 05, 2010, 05:56:58 PM »

http://www.aolnews.com/crime/article/police-begin-new-search-for-drew-petersons-missing-wife/19504725?icid=main

New Search Launched for Drew Peterson's Missing Wife

(June 5) -- Illinois State Police searched a rural part of the state today to follow-up on a lead into the disappearance and possible homicide of Stacy Peterson, the fourth wife of former police officer Drew Peterson.

Police and forensics investigators were searching an area near Metamora, Ill., about 140 miles southwest of Chicago, ABC News reported. So far, they've found no sign of human remains.

The area is "thick with timber," sodden with rain and a "muddy mess," Sergeant Tom Burek told ABC.

Stacy Peterson vanished in 2007 and there have been numerous attempts to find her since. Her husband has been charged in connection with the 2004 death of his third wife, Kathleen Savio. He has denied any involvement in Stacy Peterson's disappearance.

Celebrity website TMZ is reporting that cops are acting on a tip from an inmate who is currently serving time with Drew Peterson. The inmate claims that Drew Peterson told him how he killed Stacy and worked with an accomplice to dispose of her corpse.

Cops then went to the accomplice, who told them that the body was stuffed in a metal drum and buried on private hunting ground, TMZ reported. Investigators at the site have struck a buried object that could be the kind of drum described.

Burek did not immediately respond to a call from AOL News seeking comment. Drew Peterson's lead attorney, Joel A. Brodsky, dismissed TMZ's account.

"This story cannot be true," Brodsky told CNN. "This is a fabrication, and it does not even make sense."

Drew Peterson is currently a suspect in Stacy's disappearance, but hasn't been charged. He has pleaded not guilty to charges of first-degree murder in Savio's death.

Their relationship began sweetly, but ended in tumultuous fashion, ABC reported. Drew, who was 30 years older than his wife, accused Stacy of infidelity and reportedly banned her from seeing her family and friends. Today, Drew maintains that Stacy ran off with another man.

Drew has pleaded not guilty to charges of first-degree murder in Savio's death. She was found drowned in a bathtub, which police originally thought was an accident.

The case was reopened when Stacy disappeared. When an autopsy showed that Savio had been murdered, Drew was charged with killing her.
Sdb
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1393 on: June 05, 2010, 06:01:12 PM »

Who is this?
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1394 on: June 05, 2010, 06:07:12 PM »

http://www.tmz.com/2010/06/05/drew-peterson-stacy-peterson-body-search-scene-photos-peoria-illinois/

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1395 on: June 05, 2010, 06:14:13 PM »

Who is this?

Dunno offhand.  Doesn't look like Cass, sister to Stacy.  Where did you find the pic? 

Sdb
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1396 on: June 05, 2010, 06:21:07 PM »

Who is this?

Dunno offhand.  Doesn't look like Cass, sister to Stacy.  Where did you find the pic? 

TMZ, 2nd story down re: Peterson
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1397 on: June 05, 2010, 06:29:52 PM »

Who is this?

TMZ, 2nd story down re: Peterson

Thanks, found it!  Link is below.  Hmmm.. it's not like TMZ to not identify who/what in a photo, maybe they will update. 

http://www.tmz.com/2010/06/04/drew-peterson-murder-wife-body-crime-scene-police-officer-illinois-dig

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1398 on: June 05, 2010, 06:40:22 PM »

From twitter..

joehosey

State police: the search for Stacy might go as long as a week.
2 minutes ago via txt

joehosey

No evidence found on first day of search. A forensic anthropologist has been digging with a shovel in a 10-by-10 area.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1399 on: June 05, 2010, 06:45:59 PM »

WTH???

from twitter..

joehosey

Sudden about face: the anthropologist is giving up and getting out. Doesn't sound like he found anything.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.