March 28, 2024, 12:53:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stacy Ann Peterson 23, Bolingbrook IL - Missing 10/28/07 #1  (Read 1030036 times)
jjayinthemorning
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1420 on: June 06, 2010, 11:05:15 AM »

Ahhhh, so many deadends.
I wouldn't doubt that Peterson is playing a game with goose chases.
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1421 on: June 06, 2010, 11:50:35 AM »

I am thinking that they found something very credible and left due to the weather conditions and the ground conditions.  I don't think I've seen them use the blue tarp before..and usually when the tarp goes up there's something there.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
jjayinthemorning
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1422 on: June 06, 2010, 12:41:17 PM »

I am thinking that they found something very credible and left due to the weather conditions and the ground conditions.  I don't think I've seen them use the blue tarp before..and usually when the tarp goes up there's something there.
I'm hoping too. And how many times have we seen media interfere at crime scenes!
Do you think the brother gave up the info and there is a diversion to protect him in the witness protection plan? Thus the secrecy? (wasn't it the brother who helped him carry out the big metal box... and then we don't know what happened after that...)
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1423 on: June 06, 2010, 01:53:59 PM »

I'm hoping too. And how many times have we seen media interfere at crime scenes!
Do you think the brother gave up the info and there is a diversion to protect him in the witness protection plan? Thus the secrecy? (wasn't it the brother who helped him carry out the big metal box... and then we don't know what happened after that...)

I think that Tom, Drew's brother, told all he knew in the very beginning.  I do feel that Drew had someone else help him move the drum from the place he and Tom left it..and that someone else may have been arrested recently and is trying to cop a deal for himself.

As a Dirty Cop..Drew knew many unsavory people.  I guarantee he called in some favors to help him permanently dispose of the body. Also the phrasing the farm owner used gives me pause..he said LE had very specific coordinates.  That sounds like GPS to me....and someone may have saved that info on their cellphone, car GPS ,whatever..to cash in with in the future if they needed to use it to their advantage.

flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1424 on: June 06, 2010, 02:18:25 PM »

http://www.newser.com/story/91486/search-for-stacy-petersons-body-called-off.html
Search for Stacy Peterson's Body Called Off
User Submitted)  – Investigators searched a muddy stretch of remote central Illinois on Saturday for the remains of the fourth wife of Drew Peterson, the former suburban Chicago police officer awaiting trial for the murder of his previous spouse.Drew Peterson, 56, is a suspect in the disappearance and possible slaying of Stacy Peterson, who was 23 when she was last seen in October 2007. No one has been charged in the case, and her body has never been found.Drew Peterson is charged with first-degree murder in the 2004 death of his third wife, Kathleen Savio, whose body was found in a dry bathtub at her home. He's pleaded not guilty to the charges. Jury selection in the trial is set for next month. He's being held in isolation at the Will County Jail. Read the full article. http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/06/05/following-new-lead-illinois-authorities-dig-body-stacy-peterson/?test=latestnews

........sigh.......,

I am beginning to wonder if Stacey's case will be like Natalee's.  Justice will be thwarted due to lack of physical evidence, but the perp will be punished through another case where he was stupid enough to leave a trail for investigators to follow.

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1425 on: June 06, 2010, 03:34:14 PM »

I am thinking that they found something very credible and left due to the weather conditions and the ground conditions.  I don't think I've seen them use the blue tarp before..and usually when the tarp goes up there's something there.

I think that Tom, Drew's brother, told all he knew in the very beginning.  I do feel that Drew had someone else help him move the drum from the place he and Tom left it..and that someone else may have been arrested recently and is trying to cop a deal for himself.

As a Dirty Cop..Drew knew many unsavory people.  I guarantee he called in some favors to help him permanently dispose of the body. Also the phrasing the farm owner used gives me pause..he said LE had very specific coordinates.  That sounds like GPS to me....and someone may have saved that info on their cellphone, car GPS ,whatever..to cash in with in the future if they needed to use it to their advantage.

This is what I believe also Gypsy-

I think this information is credible, because I have a feeling the inmate supplying it was a decoy.

In other words, Brodsky can say all he wants about his client being in isolation. However, there are all kinds other inmates in positions of contact.

Think about the con who brings his lunch, takes his tray, the book cart- happens all the time.

Pure rumor from a source I admit, but I believe the "informant" was posed to be someone that Peterson assumed he could trust, from, as Gypsy stated, former seedy dealings,and the auspice was they needed to know where she was so that they could move her again before the Savio trial.

I am holding out that they will be back this week with more sophisticated equipment, which I believe is GPR, and some other tools designed to detect advanced ground disturbances, etc.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 03:39:55 PM by klaasend » Logged
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1426 on: June 06, 2010, 05:15:37 PM »

A link for those with the stomach to watch this man, altho he's not his usual snarky self:

Fox Interview with Joel Brodsky

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwvaejtiCgM&feature=player_embedded

How does Joel Brodsky know the location is incorrect, unless, of course, he knows what location is correct?

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1427 on: June 06, 2010, 05:28:41 PM »

I like how you think MS Blink!

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1428 on: June 06, 2010, 07:07:07 PM »

Jun 6, 2010 11:47 am US/Central

Stacy Peterson's Sister Reacts To News Of Search

As you can imagine, any new developments in the Stacy Peterson case brings a ray of hope to her family. They've been waiting years to find out what happened to her. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli talked to Stacy's sister about this latest search.

"It's good to see them following through with the lead, or whatever tip they got," said Cassandra Cales, Stacy Peterson's sister.

Cales looks at video of State Police investigators digging in search of her sister, who hasn't been seen in more than two and a half years. And although she's been out of sight, Cales says she's never been out of mind, even with the passage of time.

"There's not a day that goes by that I don't think about her," she said.

Cales says not knowing exactly what happened to her sister is the hardest part. She believes this latest lead could finally bring her the closure she so desperately needs, but she fears it won't.

"I'm not getting my hopes up now. If there is human remains there, you still got DNA testing and that could take a month. I don't want to put myself through all that," she said.

Sources say that could be expedited, because in recent weeks, both of Drew and Stacy Peterson's kids were swabbed for DNA to be used in case remains are found.

But Peterson's defense attorney says he's confident this is just the latest in a line of false leads.

"From 2007, when we had the false lead of the truck driver, to just six months ago when we had the false lead of the skeleton that was found, that turned out to be the skeleton of a man, all the way through to today," Brodsky said.

Brodsky says he spoke with Peterson Saturday, and his client's mood never changed, even when he learned of the massive search taking place near Peoria.

"I can tell you that his mood was upbeat and confident, and he was looking forward to the trial when we started the conversation," Brodsky said. "And 20 minutes later, when we finished the conversation, his mood was still upbeat."

Still, Cales says cadaver dogs did hit on the area where investigators were digging.

And although the search ended with no major discoveries, she says they'll be back out there in the days to come.

And she says, even if Peterson isn't worried about this latest search, she believes he has a lot more on his mind.

"It feels pretty good. I have my freedom. I can wake up in the morning, go to work, enjoy the sunshine," said Cales. "He's locked in an 8 by 10 cell for most of the day. And he has time to just think about what he's done."

Cales is convinced that Drew Peterson killed his third wife, Kathleen Savio, in order to avoid having to pay her in their divorce settlement.

She believes he murdered Stacy just days after she met with a divorce attorney.

Brodsky and Peterson maintain that Stacy ran off with another man. Cales says her sister would never have abandoned the two kids she had with Drew Peterson, or Savio's two boys who she was raising.
http://cbs2chicago.com/local/stacy.peterson.cassandra.2.1735549.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1429 on: June 06, 2010, 09:00:03 PM »

Click on the link below NOW:

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1430 on: June 06, 2010, 10:00:33 PM »

Stacy Peterson search suspended, but not over
Digging on Will County farm could resume Monday

8:41 p.m. CDT, June 6, 2010
Authorities said Sunday they are still actively pursuing a tip that Stacy Peterson's body is buried on a sprawling farm near Peoria, but it was unclear whether they would resume a search there Monday.

Sources said the search would resume Monday, but Illinois State Police Master Sgt. Tom Burek insisted there were no plans to restart the search that quickly. Burek also denied reports that authorities suspended the search at dusk Saturday because they wanted to wait for the delivery of special electronic equipment. Authorities did not search on Sunday.
more at the link/what we have already read...
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-met-peterson-digging-update-20100606,0,4743951.story

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1431 on: June 07, 2010, 12:12:43 AM »

Jury selection for the Savio murder case is in July 2010...

I can see DP and his sidekick JB planning to trick (insert name here) by talking to this person in private and giving him a fantastic story because they know the guy will go straight to the police.

With police searching and digging around the area, and all the present and past "leads" turning to be unfounded, people sooner or later will begin to think that poor DP is getting a bad wrap and that maybe his wife (Stacey) did run away, and maybe he is innocent of killing his ex-wife... the proverbial "reasonable doubt."

I bet he's giggling his butt off in jail while everyone is scrambling around. Of course JB knows they are searching in the wrong spot.

They are two of a kind.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1432 on: June 07, 2010, 06:53:28 AM »

http://www.nwherald.com/articles/2010/06/07/r_s8goo6gsremnon0rle3iuq/index.xml
Created: Monday, June 7, 2010 5:30 a.m. CDT
Police could resume Stacy Peterson search
PEORIA – A search in central Illinois for the remains of Drew Peterson’s fourth wife could resume as early as today.

Investigators combed a remote area near Peoria on Saturday for Stacy Peterson, who disappeared in 2007. Peoria County Coroner Johnna Ingersoll confirms no human remains were found Saturday. Authorities say they were acting on a tip, but didn’t search Sunday or offer other details.

Illinois State Police Master Sgt. Tom Burek says investigators aren’t finished with the search and consider the lead active.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1433 on: June 07, 2010, 04:03:53 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/06/07/search-home-drew-peterson-finds-opossum-bones/
Drew Peterson Search Finds Only Opossum Bones
Published June 07, 2010
| Associated Press
LEWISTOWN, Ill. -- An anthropologist who helped authorities search a central Illinois location for the remains of Drew Peterson's fourth wife says he found only opossum bones.

But anthropologist Alan Harn believes authorities have a "really good" tip about Stacy Peterson, who disappeared in 2007. He's advised investigators to return to the area near Peoria with a device that gets images of what's underground.

Harn told The Associated Press on Monday that he excavated three sites on Saturday identified by cadaver-sniffing dogs.

Drew Peterson is a suspect in Stacy Peterson's disappearance. He's in custody at the Will County Jail while awaiting trial for the murder of a previous wife. He's denied wrongdoing.

Harn says the tip about the site came from "a representative" of someone in jail. He declined to say more.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1434 on: June 07, 2010, 04:08:17 PM »

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local-beat/Search-to-Resume-for-Stacy-Peterson-95761434.html
 Trial Moves Forward Despite Search for Stacy Peterson
Cops say new equipment is needed
By IVANNA HAMPTON
Updated 2:13 PM CDT, Mon, Jun 7, 2010
Developments in the search for Drew Peterson's fourth wife, Stacy Peterson, won't put a kink into the prosecutions plans to convict him of his third wife, Kathleen Savio's, murder.

Chuck Pelkie, a spokesman for the Will County State's Attorney's office, says the search for the remains of Stacy Peterson, which blew up this weekend after a a tip given to them by an inmate at the Joliet jail where Drew Peterson is being held.

The trial will still begin on July 8.

In the meantime, Illinois State Police officers plan to go back to the Peoria Hunting grounds where this weekend they searched for the body of Stacy Peterson.

Cops will return David Alwan's 150-acre farm in Dunlap sometime after Monday to follow up on the tip about Stacy Peterson's body being hidden in a drum and buried underground there.

The tip came from an inmate who has allegedly spoken with Drew Peterson about Stacy Peterson's alleged murder. He told police that Peterson revealed how he killed Stacy, stuffed her body in a metal drum, and buried it on private hunting grounds with help of an accomplice, according to sources from TMZ.com.

Police dogs reportedly led officers to a spot on the hunting grounds Friday, and prongs placed in the ground hit a mass believed to be the metal drum containing Stacy's body.

Illinois State Police, with the help of a local anthropological team, searched all day Saturday but said they needed to return with more "sophisticated equipment."

Peterson's lawyer, Joel Brodsky told NBC 5 that his client couldn't have confided in a fellow inmate because he is isolated from the rest of the prison population and can't talk to other inmates.

"He says he would only wish that they would give him a cell mate to talk to. He's been in isolation now for close to 13 months and it's wearing on him," Brodsky said. He calls the "tip" a stunt to drum up bad press about his client before he goes on trial for the death of his third wife Kathleen Savio next month.

~ Peter Frampton
Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1435 on: June 08, 2010, 10:03:01 AM »

http://www.wbbm780.com/Anthropologist--Cops-convinced-they-re-close-to-fi/7417071

Posted: Tuesday, 08 June 2010 7:50AM

Anthropologist: Cops convinced they're close to finding Stacy Peterson body

(WBBM) -- The original report said the weekend search for Stacy Peterson's body was prompted by a jailhouse source. But Chicago Sun- Times Columnist Michael Sneed quotes a top official in law enforcement as saying that's not true: The official reportedly says the source sought out investigators and the validity of the tip is being reassessed.

Meanwhile, the anthropologist working with state police tells WBBM's Steve Miller authorities are "very convinced' the remains are near the places they've already looked.

The search for Peterson's body is expected to resume in the next few days.

It's not hard for anthropologist Alan Harn to tell if an area of ground might have been disturbed:  That is, if someone has been buried there.

He knows what to look for, as he checks the first several inches of soil.

Saturday's search of two areas on land near Peoria turned up nothing at one area, and possum bones at the other.

"It turned out to be a possum.  And there were elements of two different possums down in there."

Harn says despite not finding human remains, he believes authorities are still convinced Stacy Peterson's body is buried on that property near Peoria.

"I think they're very convinced.  I think they're very convinced that she is somewhere on that property.  And I think they're very convinced that it's not very far from where we were."

Harn has been an anthropologist at Dickson Mounds Museum in Lewiston for 49 years - and has helped solve anthropological puzzles - and crimes - along the way, including the Larry Bright serial murders in the Peoria area.

Former police officer Drew Peterson, 56, is a suspect in the disappearance of Stacy Peterson, his fourth wife. She was 23 when she disappeared. He's in custody at the Will County Jail awaiting trial for the murder of his third wife, Kathleen Savio. He's denied any wrongdoing.

A spokesman for the Will County state's attorney's office says a search for Stacy Peterson's remains won't delay Peterson's upcoming trial for the murder of Saviol

Spokesman Chuck Pelkie said Monday prosecutors plan to move forward with the scheduled July 8 date.

Stacy Peterson disappeared in 2007. Drew Peterson has speculated she ran away with another man and denies any wrongdoing.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1436 on: June 08, 2010, 04:06:14 PM »

Report: Peterson tip not from inmate

Updated at 11:35 AM today

June 8, 2010 (WLS) -- The tip that led state police to search for missing Bolingbrook mother Stacy Peterson in a rural location near Peoria apparently did not come from one of husband Drew Peterson's fellow inmates.

The Sun-Times is reporting the source was the one who sought out police and that it's not someone who was locked up with the retired 56-year-old police officer in Will County Jail as other reports had indicated.

Nothing was found during Saturday's search of the central Illinois wooded area.

Police sources say they could start searching again if they determine that the information they got from their source is credible.

Anthropologist Alan Harn believes authorities have a "really good" tip about Stacy Peterson. He's advised investigators to return to the area near Peoria with a device that gets images of what's underground.

Harn told The Associated Press Monday that he excavated three sites Saturday identified by cadaver-sniffing dogs.

Harn says the tip about the site came from "a representative" of someone in jail. He declined to say more.

The search in a remote, muddy area near Peoria is based on what state police also called a "credible lead" in the case.

The attorney for Stacy's husband borrowed from Shakespeare Saturday, saying it was much ado about nothing.

Yet, there was enough in a tip of unknown origin to send an entire investigative team and all their gear 140 miles away to dig in the woods -- for something.

Investigators set up a canopy to provide cover in a small area where they were digging. The site was located approximately one mile off the road on a heavily wooded farm outside of Peoria. The Kickapoo Creek flows nearby.

Authorities were calling it a possible crime scene, but they wouldn't say specifically what they were looking for or what brought them to the site.

Investigators wouldn't say if they found anything of interest Saturday but that they intend to return to the site.

"I don't want to allude to looking for a body. We're looking for evidence of a crime based on this lead that we have," Ill. State Police Sgt. Tom Burek said.

Peoria County Coroner Johnna Ingersoll confirmed forensics teams were summoned to the scene and that excavation work was under way to search for human remains. The coroner also said no human remains had been found as of Saturday.

There were early reports that the search might have been the result of a tip from an inmate in the Will County Jail. But Drew Peterson is in isolation, and his attorneys say he has no contact with any other inmates.

"I'm not saying a person gave us the tip. It's a lead the investigation team has. Where they got the lead, I'm not in a position that I want to comment on that at this stage," said Burek.

Rains reduced the land at the search site to a "muddy mess," meaning that parts were inaccessible by vehicle and investigators had to comb the area on foot, Burek said early Saturday.

"The only thing that connects to all these leads, all these rumors, is each and every one of them has turned out to be false. Each and every one of them has turned out to be without basis, and each and every one of them turned out to be nothing but gossip," said Joel Brodsky, Drew Peterson's attorney.

On Saturday, Brodsky released a statement that read in part, "There has never been one, single factual piece of evidence regarding either Stacy's disappearance, or in the death of Kathy Savio, that shows that Drew is guilty of any wrongdoing whatsoever."

He also called the most recent search "patently ridiculous."

"Drew's position from day one has always been that she ran off with another man because that's what she told him," Brodsky said.

Third wife Savio was found dead in an empty bathtub six years ago. Her death was initially ruled accidential but then ruled a homicide after prosecutors reopened the case following Stacy Peterson's disappearance.

On Saturday, those who knew Stacy Peterson just wanted and hoped for closure.

"It was incredibly emotional. It'll bring a lot of closure. Her family and friends really need that," said family friend Jamie Holt.

Her family said they were unsure what to make of Saturday's search.

"We just want to know where she's at. That's what we want to know. It would mean everything to us. We want to find her and bring her home," aunt Candace Aikin said.

The owner of the property where the search was conducted says police told him they had solid leads and specific coordinates for their search.
http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=7485180

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1437 on: June 11, 2010, 12:54:46 PM »

Police are "extremely confident" that the body of Stacy Peterson, the missing ex-wife of accused murderer Drew Peterson, is near the area they searched last weekend, according to the Joliet Herald News.

After searching for a full day on a rural downstate farm, authorities suspended the search last Sunday as they awaited more sophisticated equipment to help detect human remains.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/06/11/stacy-peterson-police-ext_n_609117.html

back and forth..... more of the same at the link

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1438 on: June 12, 2010, 02:00:04 PM »

Am wondering if the dirt in the search area is drying out yet?  Sigh. 

The anthropologist who was looking around under that tented area wasn't 'digging' for her remains, perse.  He was very carefully testing the soil, comparing one part with another part, to see if the ground had been 'disturbed'.  A very tedious process.  His recommendation that the search commence is very telling, IMO.  Says to me that he has found that the ground indeed has been 'disturbed'.  LE leaving the area, with the tent still up and posting guard, tells me they intend to be back.   

Seems they are waiting for more specialized equipment, and for the soil to dry out, the weather to level out a bit.  Think of trying to dig in a bunch of mud..... the first thing that will happen is the mud surrounding every shoveful will just slide down and replace what was taken out.  They gotta wait til it dries somewhat.  From what I've read so far, what they may be waiting on is a ground radar device, which may take some time to get. 

And I don't think the ISP wants media breathing down their necks when they commence the search.  Which is understandable.  Don't get me wrong, I wanna be right there via the media and know exactly what is happening and when.  Yet if it means finding Stacy's remains more quickly, then by all means, let the media know after it's all said and done.  Anything to have her remains found, so that closure and justice can then be brought on her behalf. 

Seems it all can begin with the soil drying out.  Sigh.  Waiting... waiting.. drumming fingers on desk...

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
jjayinthemorning
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1439 on: June 16, 2010, 08:03:54 PM »

I like when they take their time. Hope something good comes from this dig.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.