March 28, 2024, 06:06:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stacy Ann Peterson 23, Bolingbrook IL - Missing 10/28/07 #1  (Read 1029995 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2007, 04:19:45 PM »

http://www.wbbm780.com/Police-Question-Sergeant--Home-Searched/1163266

Report: Police Questioning Cop In Wife's Disappearance, Home Searched

BOLINGBROOK, Ill. (WBBM)  -- Illinois state police investigators are at the home of Bolingbrook police sergeant Drew Peterson right now, executing a search warrant. 

They've also towed away two vehicles that were parked in the driveway.   

And they're reportedly questioning Peterson about the disappearance of his wife, 23-year-old Stacy Peterson although Illinois State Police  are not confirming  that he has been taken into custody.

Police tell WBBM they're executing two search warrants.  They say they do not have an arrest warrant for Drew Peterson.   

Stacy Peterson was last seen on Sunday and the last person who spoke to her over the phone was her husband. 

The couple has two young chidren ages 2 and 4.

The Drew Peterson, 53,  has denied any involvement in her disappearance, saying that she left on her own, however Stacy Peterson's sister has told WBBM her sister feared for her life. 

Cassandra Cales says she would talk to her sister Stacy Peterson every day. 

"She told me Friday night that she feared for her life and that she was telling me this, so that if she just so happened to disappear, it wasn't her and she wanted to be found."

Stacy Peterson is the fourth wife of Bolingbrook Police Sergeant Drew Peterson.

His third wife Kathleen Savio, 40, was found dead in a bathtub - a death that was ruled accidental. However, Will County officials have said they are taking another look at the case in light of the recent developments.

Bolingbrook police say Sergeant Drew Peterson told them he found his wife's car at the airport Sunday night.

A camera is aimed at the parking lot of the airport, and investigators have been trying to figure out if they can get images that will yield some clues.
The Illinois State Police have used tracking dogs and an airplane equipped with a heat-sensing device to search for the woman. Authorities also have found no indications of foul play.

Peterson said he thought the couple had a good marriage, ``but maybe she didn't,'' he said.

In fact, Stacy Peterson's family, while agreeing the woman was depressed, said the reason was she believed her husband was watching everything she did and had asked for a divorce.

``She just wanted people to know she was unhappy, and she didn't like how she was being treated,'' said her aunt, Candace Aikin, 48, of El Monte, Calif. ``In case she disappeared - if something bad happened to her.'' 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2007, 05:20:59 PM »

Posted at CTV by someone who is in the area:

Jmylea

THE NAPERVILLE UNDERWATER POLICE TEAM ARE NEXT DOOR GETTING READY TO DIVE INTO THE RETENTION POND RIGHT NOW.

State police have taken over the investigation

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2007, 05:51:33 PM »

Another post from CTV:

Jmylea

Just another bit of info...He recieved 1 million dollars from his ex-wifes death. Weird, I thought they were divorced. I can see why she fell for him...rich man in a uniform. This is heresay, so don't hold me to this info. I'm giving it to you as I hear it and don't have time to make sure it's all accurate. I do, do more at work then write on here...I have to eat too!

From what I understand, Drew is devistated and looks it too. He thinks she left him for another man, but thats what they all say. Still don't know everything, but I hear Drew is not in custody. Conflicting stories.

I'm hoping she just took off and is too embarassed to show face now. Doesn't sound too good though.

They are using the airport resturaunt as a command post.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2007, 06:18:15 PM »

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=local&id=5737534

Police swarm home of missing woman

Some pictures:

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2007, 07:03:33 PM »

Pond search video - click on the photo:

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2007, 09:02:16 PM »

More from the CTV forum:

Jmylea

Everything died down for a little while and now it's getting busy again. Crazy!

Still searching the retention pond...
More helicopters stopping by...
More state police vehicles coming in the airport parking lot...
Very busy...

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2007, 10:31:11 PM »

More from CTV:

Jmylea

Update...The news is insistant that her body may be on or around the airport property. According to "media around here." Of course no-one knows yet.

Greta and Mark Furman (sp) is at the retention pond next door right now. Greta is interviewing Mark. There is alot going on right now. Be back!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2007, 03:08:41 PM »

Search for Missing Mom Continues in Pond  

Last Edited: Friday, 02 Nov 2007, 12:39 PM CDT 
Created: Friday, 02 Nov 2007, 12:37 PM CDT 

Scent of Death 
Chicago  --  Fox News has learned police cadaver dogs taught to react to the scent of dead bodies got positive hits in the Bolingbrook home of Stacy Peterson and beside a nearby pond. More from Kevin Tomich

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=4809857&version=9&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1

« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 04:16:53 PM by klaasend » Logged
kissyface
Scared Monkey

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2007, 05:34:56 PM »

well that is definitely not good news.  I wonder how long it will take to find some kind of tangible evidence.  Sometimes the dogs (though it is very rare) give a false alert.  I wonder how many dogs alerted.  If it were more than one, then I would say they have probably found some kind of traces.  If it were only one dog, they may need to do it again.  Sad but true, time is of the essence and the more time that goes by, as we all know, the more evidence gets "lost".  I really hope the alert was false and they find this young mother.  If it turns out to be homicide though, at least she had the foresight to let her family members know that she was in fear.  That will make them investigate him more thoroughly.  Sad sad sad.  Prayers for Stacy, her children and her friends and family.

***Love is stronger than death.***

>>> bring Bri justice<<<
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2007, 07:36:48 PM »

He did it.... IMHO.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
kissyface
Scared Monkey

« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2007, 08:31:56 PM »

i'm with you pdh.  The more reading and watching I do pertaining to this case, the more things are  pointing in his direction.  If you get a chance, go to Greta's site and watch the video of her sister.  Also, listen to the podcast.  Some of the husbands story is consistent and some isn't.

***Love is stronger than death.***

>>> bring Bri justice<<<
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2007, 10:18:09 PM »

Greta right now with Dr. Baden - Dr. Baden says NO WAY was wife #3 an accident. 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2007, 10:02:17 AM »

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/stacy.peterson.search.2.481618.html

Nov 3, 2007 8:06 am

Massive Search Underway For Cop's Missing Wife

Stacy Peterson's Family Believes She May Have Been Killed
BOLINGBROOK, Ill. (CBS) ― Family and friends of a missing woman from Bolingbrook are launching a massive search effort this weekend.

As CBS 2's Rafael Romo reports, Stacy Peterson, 23, has now been missing for six days. Her husband, Bolingbrook police Sgt. Drew Peterson, was the last one to see her this past Sunday.

Two searches for Stacy Peterson were planned for Saturday. Neighbors were conducting the first search at the Petersons' house. That search was already getting underway at 8 a.m.

Later Saturday morning, neighbors planned to search the DuPage River Greenway.

On Friday night, a friend of Drew Peterson's spoke on his behalf. Ric Mims has been the sergeant's friend for years, and he says the 53-year-old veteran cop would have been incapable of harming his wife.

"I know in my heart there's no foul play. I want to say that one more time, I know in my heart there's no foul play," Mims said. "I stand by my friend."

But Stacy's family is not so certain.

"Something happened to her," said her sister, Cassandra Cales.

Stacy's family fears that she might have been the victim of foul play. They plan to look around Bolingbrook for her on Saturday.

Cales told CBS 2 West Suburban Bureau Chief Mike Puccinelli on Friday that her sister had been in fear for her life and had said so before disappearing. Cales said Stacy Peterson had been expected to help her paint last Sunday, but never showed up.

Later, Cales said, she called Drew Peterson, and she said what followed was a mysterious conversation.

"And I hear a bunch of noise and shuffling, and car ignition keys, you know, like he's starting a car, and he's like, 'I went out running around looking for your sister. She left me,'" Cales said.

Cales has said she did not believe her sister would leave without her children.

On Friday afternoon, investigators searched a manhole near the Peterson Home on Bolingbrook's Pheasant Run Court, looking for clues. Police divers also searched a retention pond near the home.

The two-day search of the retention ponds ended with no result. Authorities continue to investigate numerous tips from the public.

But in spite of the family's worst fears, police continue to investigate the disappearance only as a missing persons case.

"I'm just hoping some way, she's out there still," said family friend Bruce Zidarich.

Stacy is Drew Peterson's fourth wife. Questions also remain about the death of his third wife, Kathleen Savio, who drowned in a whirlpool-style bathtub three years ago. At the time, the Will County coroner's office ruled the case accidental, but the Will County state's attorney's office has reopened the case.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2007, 10:11:24 AM »

http://www.wbbm780.com/SATURDAY-UPDATE:-Pond-Search-for-Clues-of-Cop-s-Mi/1168890

Posted: Saturday, 03 November 2007 8:42AM

SATURDAY UPDATE: Pond Search for Clues of Cop's Missing Wife Comes Up Dry

BOLINGBROOK  (WBBM) ― Dive crews again searched a retention near the neighborhood of a  missing wife of a Bolingbrook police sergeant. But they left without recovering any clues, taking nothing with them

Meanwhile, the woman's sister is afraid of what might have happened to her.

Stacy Peterson, 23, was last seen on Sunday. Illinois State Police have searched the home she shared with her husband, Bolingbrook police Sgt. Drew Peterson.

Drew Peterson remains in his home.

The police dive teams continue to search retention ponds just up the street. They searched the pond on Thursday before darkness halted them and Friday until dusk. Viewing conditions under water are zero visibility. They originally planned to continue for several days to clear the whole pond. A cadaver-sensing dog was in one of the search  boats.

It is located a short distance from their home on Pheasant Chase Court in Bolingbrook. It is also near the business where Drew Peterson told family members that he found Stacy's car on Sunday night.

Stacy's family and loved ones say Drew Peterson told them the mother of two children left him for another man and likely flew to Jamaica.

•Cassandra Cales (pictured) said her sister Stacy would never leave her children.

Cales said she believed her sister was in danger and had in essence been stalked by her husband.

"When she told me Friday night she feared for her life, I was suspicious so I wanted to stay in contact her, so I saw her Saturday night," Cales said. "We spoke, we talked all day, we text messaged. When I left her Saturday night, she said she'd call me when she woke up. She never called, and I just got really worried."

Cales had been expecting her sister to help her paint with a friend on Sunday, but five hours after Stacy had been expected, she had not shown up. Cales said began "calling her cell phone, calling the house, I was calling everybody, and then finally I broke down and called Drew."

Cales said she reached Sgt. Peterson at 11:26 p.m. Sunday.

"I called him and I heard a bunch of noise and shuffling and car ignition keys like him starting a car," Cales said. "(Drew Peterson said), 'I went out running around looking for your sister. She left me,' I said, 'While what are you doing, where are you at?' He goes, 'I'm at home, where are you at?' I said, 'I'm at home in my garage,' sitting a couple blocks away."

Cales said she was certain Sgt. Peterson was lying when he said he was home, since she had just left the Peterson house. She went straight to police, who spent Thursday executing warrants at the home.

When Cales finished filing missing persons reports before dawn Monday morning, she said she drove back to Stacy's house and discovered that both cars were in the driveway, whereas earlier that night they had been missing

"He said that she called him at 9 o'clock and said she left her car at Clow Airport (a local airfield), and that she was leaving; going on a little vacation," Cales said. "I wouldn't be doing all this if I believed it."

"I'm doing what you asked," Cales said in tears. "I'm here to let you know that I will find you."

Cales said her greatest fear is, "That he did something to her."

Drew and Stacy Peterson have been married for four years. She is his fourth wife. In 2004 Sgt. Peterson's third wife, Kathleen Savio, was found dead in a bathtub just down the street from the Petersons' current home.  It is a whirlpool-style tub. Savio's sister said she does not think it would be possible for her sister to drown in it.

The Will County Coroner's office ruled Savio's death an accident. The current Will County State's Attorney, James Glasgow, was not in office at the time of the incident, and has decided to take a second look.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2007, 10:13:45 AM »

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/633460,CST-NWS-boling03.article

Raking the bottom
BOLINGBROOK | Divers search pond for woman, State Police take interest in aircraft

November 3, 2007
BY STEFANO ESPOSITO AND DAN ROZEK Staff Reporters
As divers probed a murky pond Friday searching for clues in the disappearance of Bolingbrook mother Stacy Peterson, Illinois State Police zeroed in on her cop husband's micro-light airplane.

Divers spent nearly seven hours painstakingly scouring the pond, near Clow Airport in the far southwestern suburb, but came up with nothing in their search for Peterson.

» Click to enlarge image State Authorities search a lake near Clow Airport In Bolingbrook for the body of missing resident Stacy Peterson, inset.
(Rich Hein/Sun-Times)

RELATED STORIES• Police search airport, pond for missing woman

And State Police were at a hangar at Cushing Field, about 65 miles southwest of downtown Chicago, for about an hour Friday morning, said Michael Hudetz, a flight instructor at the airfield and owner of A&M Sports, a company selling micro-lights.

Hudetz said he showed investigators Bolingbrook Police Sgt. Drew Peterson's two-seater Aquilla Trike and the hangar where Peterson keeps it.

"They asked a lot of questions," Hudetz said. "They seemed very interested in how it works. They wanted to know where the people sit, where they put their feet. They wanted to know how the [aircraft's] parachute works."

Investigators also asked Hudetz if there were any "barrels" at the airfield.

"One of the guys I shook hands with was wearing thin plastic gloves," Hudetz said.

But State Police were "very vague" about why they were at the hangar Friday, Hudetz said.

The divers, who were aided during the morning by a cadaver-sniffing dog riding in a boat, didn't find any items that could be linked to Stacy Peterson's disappearance, authorities said.

Husband being 'cooperative'
There was no specific tip or information that led police to search the 2-acre pond, said Trooper Mark Dorencz, a State Police spokesman.

The pond is a few blocks from Peterson's home and sits at the end of the runway at Clow Airport, a small public airstrip.

"We're basically just covering the area [near the home]," Dorencz said, adding the investigation into Peterson's disappearance remains "a missing person's case."

Divers from the Naperville and Plainfield police departments stretched a cable across the bottom of the pond, then two divers slowly swam along the cable, feeling along the bottom for objects. After the divers completed each sweep, the cable was moved a foot or two along the bank, allowing the divers to swim back across and search a new area of the pond.

Peterson was reported missing Monday by worried relatives. Her husband, Drew Peterson, told investigators he last saw his wife Sunday morning and last spoke to her by phone Sunday night.

Drew Peterson, 53, wasn't questioned Friday by investigators, but "he's been cooperative," said Master Sgt. Luis Gutierrez, another State Police spokesman.

Peterson didn't talk to reporters still parked outside the family's home.

About 11 a.m., Peterson rode out of his driveway on a motorcycle, with a red-white-and-blue bandanna pulled up to his eyes.

About two years ago, Hudetz trained Drew Peterson to fly his micro-light, which runs about $20,000 new, the flight instructor said.

"He was actually a private pilot before that," Hudetz said. "He flew regular airplanes. He seemed like a very nice guy."

Sometimes Peterson flew alone but he had also flown with his wife, Hudetz said.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2007, 10:46:22 AM »

Posted by someone who knows Stacy's family at CTV:

ninga72

im posting this here, because the other thread was aparently closed. im new to all this message board stuff, so who knows

OK, lets play! what do YOU know about her family?
well, i know that they lost a sister, lacy, who was 2 in a house fire. The lost baby jessica at 10 months, to crib death, which set mom over the edge....tooo much for her to handle, and she began the cycle of leaving and coming back. this devestated the kids.
stacy lost her sister and best friend tina last year after a 20 month long battle with colon cancer. it has been said that she was depressed and on meds for that....well, drew had stacy convinced that tinas death was nothing more than assisted sucicide, so yeah, that was a huge struggle for her. BTW it was not like that at all....tina died of cancer....the meds used were to keep her comfotrable, not kill her. this is know as FACT!
he was very controlling. FACT! at tinas funeral, he was never more than 5 steps away from her....watching her in such a way that was dam creepy to everyone who saw it.
the first time i met him i knew nothing about him at all....and i instantly had a bad feeling about him....very shady.
when stacy met him, he told her he had never been married, later it came out that he was divorced, and finally, when she got pregnant, it was found out that he was just getting divorced. yes, stacy did not make the best choices in the situation. but he wooed her. she came froim not much and he offered her the world, and she, being a starry eyed teen ager, with a knight in shining armor, well....the rest you know.
as for her family...they have been throuh so much and have risen about IN SPITE of it. now, there is the matter of the brother, yelton, in prison and this sexual predator crap;.....he was dating an underage girl whos sister tunred him in.....he isnt the most upstanding man, i agree, but he isnt a pedofile either, like drew made him out to be. in fact, the under age thing, well, drew knows a thing or two about that, EH?
and yes, the sister, cassandra has a deep voice....so what! she is struggling with the loss of her sister, ANOTHER sister.....how would YOU be!?!
stacy was afraid of her husband......i know this personally, from her mouth to my ears. she wanted to leave, but feared loosing her kids, or her life.
i kow for a FACT that IF she went underground, she would have at the very least told her aunt candy! she would have NEVER EVER put her family through this, as she knows what it is like, not to mention the kids...no, she isnt like her mother in that way.
so, no, she didnt come from the most stable family in the state....so what! what does that mean?
nothing......it means this girl is missing. vanished with out a trace. and knowing stacy, she didnt leave of her own accord.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2007, 11:56:55 AM »

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2007, 12:04:33 PM »

I wonder what insurance policies Drew Peterson might have on this wife and if they are comparable to the ones from his third wife.

I don't think she would leave her children as Stacey seems very connected to her own family and would have some support for them there. 

Note the State Police have been called in so as not to have the local PD investigating one of their own.  Excellent move and worthy of citing as example for all to follow when a police officer is involved.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2007, 12:10:33 PM »

I wonder what insurance policies Drew Peterson might have on this wife and if they are comparable to the ones from his third wife.

I don't think she would leave her children as Stacey seems very connected to her own family and would have some support for them there. 

Note the State Police have been called in so as not to have the local PD investigating one of their own.  Excellent move and worthy of citing as example for all to follow when a police officer is involved.

Anna - good question regarding the insurance policy on Stacy.  I don't think Drew is going that route however with Stacy.  It would have to be an accidental death and it sounds like if she's found dead, he'll try to claim suicide.  Of course life insurace wouldn't pay out in the case of suicide.  If she's not found, Drew will claim she simply ran off which I don't think she'd do.  So IMO, he's trying to get out of being divorced a 4th time and paying child support and possibly alimony.
carolyn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2007, 12:26:18 PM »

I really hope this does not turn out that she is dead!  It is starting to sound like it is highly probable that her husband made her disappear.   Mad

Clinton Nelson Missing from Princeton LA since 9/1/2006.  Send info to find-clinton@hotmail.com if you have information.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.