March 28, 2024, 07:15:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stacy Ann Peterson 23, Bolingbrook IL - Missing 10/28/07 #1  (Read 1030002 times)
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2007, 12:34:16 PM »

Klaas,

I think some life insurance policies will pay on a suicide if it happens so many years after the policy has been in effect.  Long period of time like three or five years but some of them do pay.  Just made long enough that a person can't take out a policy and then commit suicide instantly.

I was thinking he might have taken out the policy when the children were born and used that as an excuse for needing one.

But surely he would not be that stupid and obvious, just a passing thought.

I maintain hope and prayers for her safe recovery but do not believe she would have left her children with such a strong tradition of family ties.  Let's hope she was fearful and got to safety but by now she would have seen the news and search and I don't think she would put her family through this as her sister does not seem to think that likely either.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2007, 12:48:52 PM »

Fox news is reporting possible "hit" from cadaver dog on one of DP's vehicles

Watch video at this link:

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=4821566&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1

Source: Stacy Peterson’s Husband Removed Heavy Container from House 

Last Edited: Friday, 02 Nov 2007, 9:42 PM CDT 

Chicago  --  Fox News Chicago has obtained exclusive information about the investigation of Stacy Peterson’s disappearance. The Bolingbrook mom has been missing five days. Now a source familiar with the investigation has told us what cadaver dogs traced and what Stacy’s policeman husband lugged from the family house. Craig Wall has the latest from Bolingbrook

Source: Dogs Smelled Body in House, Car
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2007, 02:25:11 PM »

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/news/633440,4_1_JO03_MISSING_S1.article

Spouse under scrutiny
MISSING BOLINGBROOK MOM

November 3, 2007
By JOE HOSEY Staff Writer
BOLINGBROOK -- The police have searched his house and seized his property. A media horde has camped in front of his home. A crowd of in-laws criticize him. But at least one man feels for the police sergeant whose wife disappeared nearly a week ago.

"I know what he's going through," said Craig Stebic, the Plainfield pipefitter who has a missing wife of his own. "Especially with you media and everything."

Stebic, the husband of the vanished Lisa Stebic, has weathered police and media scrutiny for more than six months.

Sgt. Drew Peterson is on Day 6 and already has shown signs of strain, briefly venturing out in front of the media with an American flag bandanna covering his face, dark sunglasses and an NYPD baseball cap pulled low over his eyes before running back inside Thursday. Then on Friday, witnesses say he drove away from the media throng on his motorcycle with the same bandanna covering his face.

Peterson's missing wife, 23-year-old Stacy Peterson, last was seen Sunday morning. She apparently was heading to meet the boyfriend of her sister Cassandra to help him paint a house but never reached her destination.

Cassandra and other family members since have expressed their suspicions of the 53-year-old Drew Peterson in the media.

Drew Peterson was still married when he met 17-year-old Stacy Cales while she was working as an overnight desk clerk at Spring Hill Suites on Remington Boulevard. Their March-November romance spelled the end of his marriage to his third wife, Kathleen Savio.

Within years of Drew Peterson filing for divorce, Savio died under mysterious circumstances.

Her body was discovered after Drew Peterson attempted to return their two sons from a weekend visitation. No one answered the locked door and Drew Peterson, who lived down the street from Savio with his new wife Stacy, sought help from a neighbor. The neighbor called a locksmith, and once entry was gained, went inside to find Savio's body in a waterless bathtub.

State's Attorney James Glasgow has revisited the case to see if it warrants criminal charges, but "the missing persons case is the immediate concern right now," said Glasgow's spokesman, Charles B. Pelkie.

Divers search pond
The missing persons case continued Friday with police divers searching a retention pond near the Petersons' home on Pheasant Chase Court.
State police also have turned an eye to a micro-light airplane owned by Drew Peterson. Investigators were at a hangar at Cushing Field in Newark, about 30 miles west of Joliet, for about an hour Friday morning, said Michael Hudetz, a flight instructor who also sells micro-lights.

Hudetz said he showed investigators Drew Peterson's two-seater Aquilla Trike and the hangar where Peterson keeps it.

"They asked a lot of questions," Hudetz said. "They seemed very interested in how it works. They wanted to know where the people sit, where they put their feet. They wanted to know how the (aircraft's) parachute works."

Investigators also asked Hudetz if there were any "barrels" at the airfield.

About two years ago, Hudetz trained Drew Peterson to fly his micro-light, which run about $20,000 new, the flight instructor said.

"He was actually a private pilot before that," Hudetz said. "He flew regular airplanes. He seemed like a very nice guy."

Sometimes Peterson flew alone, but he had also flown with his wife, Hudetz said.

The search for Lisa Stebic, which passed the six-month mark last week, continues as well.

But police working that case have dropped the nicety of labeling it a missing person investigation, revealing in July that they had concluded Lisa Stebic was not involved in an accident or forcibly abducted. They believe she was a victim of foul play, and that Craig Stebic knows something about her disappearance.

The Peterson family smiles during a cruise last year. Drew Peterson holds his daughter Lacy, while his wife Stacy holds onto their son Anthony. Drew's sons from his third marriage are Kris (far left) and Tom (far right). submitted photo

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2007, 02:31:56 PM »

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/home/632300,gallery_JO01_PETERSON.photogallery

Photos of the house search:

Illinois State Police watch over the home of Bolingbrook police Sgt. Drew Peterson Thursday afternoon during a search of the house in Bolingbrook.  Peterson's wife, Stacy, has been missing for nearly a week.

State Police officers along with David Margliano (right) search the home of Bolingbrook police Sgt. Drew Peterson Thursday afternoon in Bolingbrook.  Peterson's fourth wife has been missing for nearly a week.

An Illinois State Police cadaver dog barks as it searches the garage area of the Peterson home Thursday afternoon in Bolingbrook.  Stacy Peterson, fourth wife of Bolingbrook police Sgt. Drew Peterson, has been missing for nearly a week.

Bolingbrook Police Sgt. Drew Peterson walking out of a neighbor's house in Bolingbrook while Illinois State Police conduct a search is his home Thursday.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2007, 03:11:38 PM »

From Greta's blog:
November 3rd, 2007 10:53 AM Eastern

Latest on Missing Cop Wife Stacy Peterson… And A Behind The Scenes
by Greta Van Susteren
This is behind the scenes…

Late last night on the way home after the show I spoke to Mark Furham — he was driving away from the scene of Sgt. Peterson’s house with my producer Steph Watts. Mark told me the local police are annoyed with me since we read on the air the portion of wife #3’s letter where she complained that she had called the police on her then husband Sgt. Peterson multiple times and included in the letter that the police did not take reports. (Our panel also seized upon this statement in the letter.)

As you know, wife #3 was found dead in the bathtub and it was ruled ‘accidental’ (Dr. Baden does not agree with this conclusion.)

I told Mark he should tell the police that they are welcome to come on our air and state that reports were taken (contrary to the letter of wife #3) - and to tell them that I want to be sure to get the facts absolutely right.

I am curious now, however, why so many reports taken and apparently no action taken????? or did wife #3 complain to the police, make a report but then back out of pursuing it? That does happen… The police need the help of the complaining party to pursue domestic violence claims.

I hope we get the answers Monday and I hope the police will join us to explain. And let me be plain: I want to get this right..and I want to be fair to all parties.

http://gretawire.foxnews.com/
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2007, 06:43:37 PM »

From the front page of SM:
Maggie wrote:

Natalee got publicity a few times again today. Tim Miller is heading to Illinois to help look for the missing officer’s wife. Her sister called I think he said, but they mentioned twice that Tim Miller and his group are the ones who went to Aruba searching for Natalee Holloway.

If this is true, great news!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2007, 08:38:24 PM »

Video (no sound) of some of them searching today:

Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2007, 10:36:14 PM »

Maggie wrote:

Natalee got publicity a few times again today. Tim Miller is heading to Illinois to help look for the missing officer’s wife. Her sister called I think he said, but they mentioned twice that Tim Miller and his group are the ones who went to Aruba searching for Natalee Holloway.

Yes, that happened. I saw it on Fox earlier today. A young woman (neighbor or friend) said that some search experts were coming in -- the same ones that searched for Natalee Holloway in Aruba. She had Natalee and Aruba by name but did not have the name of TE. Later in the afternoon or evening Fox had a banner on its news story naming Tim Miller and Texas Equisearch.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2007, 10:39:02 PM »

Maggie wrote:

Yes, that happened. I saw it on Fox earlier today. A young woman (neighbor or friend) said that some search experts were coming in -- the same ones that searched for Natalee Holloway in Aruba. She had Natalee and Aruba by name but did not have the name of TE. Later in the afternoon or evening Fox had a banner on its news story naming Tim Miller and Texas Equisearch.

Hi PV!  This is great news!  From what I understand thought TES is pretty busy tomorrow and is on another search next weekend.  Maybe TES will go out during the week?
Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2007, 10:45:44 PM »

Hi, Klaas. I was up in that area this week. My dad passed away and we had a funeral near there. Very sad but he was 85 and accomplished a lot. Anyway, they are quite stirred up about this case on the local news. One of the newspapers reported that Greta and Mark Fuhrman were on site. You might have noticed that this is not far from Plainfield where Lisa Stebic lived. The plane is an interesting addition in this story. It's about thirty miles to Lake Michigan. You could conceivably fly twenty miles out over the lake and back again, for a total of one hundred miles -- no big deal, and there are no recreational boaters out there at this time of year to see you drop something.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2007, 10:49:10 PM »

Hi, Klaas. I was up in that area this week. My dad passed away and we had a funeral near there. Very sad but he was 85 and accomplished a lot. Anyway, they are quite stirred up about this case on the local news. One of the newspapers reported that Greta and Mark Fuhrman were on site. You might have noticed that this is not far from Plainfield where Lisa Stebic lived. The plane is an interesting addition in this story. It's about thirty miles to Lake Michigan. You could conceivably fly twenty miles out over the lake and back again, for a total of one hundred miles -- no big deal, and there are no recreational boaters out there at this time of year to see you drop something.

So sorry to hear about your dad  Wink

The plane is an ultralight, not a normal closed cockpit plane so I'm not sure if he would use that.  There is a large blue plastic tub that appears to be missing from the house as well.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2007, 10:51:15 PM »

http://www.findstacypeterson.com/

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-071103missing-wife,0,5822426.story?coll=chi_news_opinion_ugc

Family, friends search woods for missing Bolingbrook mother
By Emma Graves Fitzsimmons

Tribune staff reporter

9:48 PM CDT, November 3, 2007

Giving up hope that missing Bolingbrook mother Stacy Peterson is alive, her family and friends are now focused on finding information to help with the investigation into her disappearance.

Dozens of people combed a forest near her home for several hours on Saturday looking for any traces of the 23-year-old, who disappeared last Sunday. Their search through the wooded Knoch Knolls Park came up empty, but the group planned to return with more people on Sunday morning.

Peterson's sister, Cassandra Cales, said the family no longer believes she is alive.

"We're going to get to the bottom of this," Cales, 22, said during the search. "I just want whoever did this to her brought to justice."

Cales also confirmed Saturday that her sister said the Friday before she disappeared that she feared for her life and wanted a divorce from her husband, Drew, a Bolingbrook police sergeant.

Neighbors posted fliers at local malls while friends created a Web site to pool information on her case. Some searched the DuPage River a mile from her home by kayak; others walked a cadaver dog through nearby wetlands at Whalon Lake Dog Park.

Meanwhile, her sister pieced together a timeline of accounts from friends and family of the days leading up to her disappearance.

It was a coordinated effort by a community hungry for an explanation into her disappearance, especially as the national media have descended upon the quiet southwest suburban neighborhood.

Drew Peterson, 53, has been interviewed by police in his wife's disappearance. The couple have two children, ages 2 and 4, and Drew has two sons, ages 13 and 14, from a previous marriage. His former wife and the mother of his sons, Kathleen Savio, drowned in a bathtub accident in 2004, but prosecutors are now reviewing that case.

Authorities are calling the Stacy Peterson case a missing-person investigation, but those who knew her best suspect foul play and say Peterson never would have skipped town without her children.

Peterson was reported missing to the Illinois State Police early Monday after she failed to meet her sister Sunday to help paint a house. Her husband said he last saw her about 10 a.m. Sunday, and last spoke with her about 9 p.m. Sunday when she called on her cell phone to say she was leaving him.

Authorities were not performing any searches on Saturday after divers spent Thursday and Friday dragging a 5-acre pond at Bolingbrook's Clow International Airport, just blocks from the Peterson home. Drew Peterson, who is licensed to fly a plane, said he found his wife's car in Clow's parking lot Monday.

State Police on Friday searched a hangar at Cushing Field in Sheridan where Drew Peterson kept a plane, according to Michael Hudetz, a flight instructor at A&M Airsports. Cushing Field is about 38 miles west of Bolingbrook.

Among those helping in Saturday's search was Anne Bielby, who has never met Peterson, but wants to see a happy ending to the story.

"This is my hometown, so it's personal," she said. "You can't not look. As more time passes, you lose valuable clues." The Web site dedicated to Stacy Peterson is findstacypeterson.com.

Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2007, 10:52:42 PM »

So sorry to hear about your dad  Wink

The plane is an ultralight, not a normal closed cockpit plane so I'm not sure if he would use that.  There is a large blue plastic tub that appears to be missing from the house as well.

No, I suppose an ultralight would not be efficient. The Chicago Tribune says at 8:17 tonight that the family believes she's dead:

"Giving up hope that missing Bolingbrook mother Stacy Peterson is alive, her family and friends are now focused on finding information to help with the investigation into her disappearance.

Dozens of people combed a forest near her home for several hours on Saturday looking for any traces of the 23-year-old, who disappeared last Sunday. Their search through the wooded Knoch Knolls Park came up empty, but the group planned to return with more people on Sunday morning.

Peterson's sister, Cassandra Cales, said the family no longer believes she is alive."

So sad.
Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2007, 10:53:45 PM »

Ooops. We passed each other in the dark. Great minds, I guess.  Smile
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2007, 11:02:04 PM »

An Alert for everyone who wishes to help in the search for missing Bolingbrook mother, Stacy Peterson:

Tomorrow (Sunday, November 4) at 10:00 a.m. they're having another search that will meet at 6 Pheasant Chase Court in Bolingbrook, Illinois....

That is in the cul-de-sac in front of Stacy's house.

We are asking everyone to help to get the word out to your mailing list about the search.

They NEED as many volunteers as possible are needed to help cover search areas!
Equusearch is coming in tomorrow, but it's going to take them some time to get things set up, so in the meantime others are organizing searches to try and find Stacy.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2007, 09:37:51 AM »

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/634898,CST-NWS-boling04s1.article

Wife's e-mail shows troubled marriage
BOLINGBROOK | Volunteers searching for missing woman

November 4, 2007
BY STEVE WARMBIR Staff Reporter/swarmbir@suntimes.com
Friends and family of missing Bolingbrook mother Stacy Peterson vowed to continue their search today through a heavily wooded area near her home, while a recently uncovered e-mail sent by Peterson sheds new light on the troubled relationship between her and her cop husband in the days before her disappearance.

About 60 volunteers spread out Saturday morning along a jogging trail and a large wooded area around Route 53 and Royce Road in Bolingbrook. They also blanketed area stores with fliers. Peterson's husband, Bolingbrook Police Sgt. Drew Peterson, left his home Saturday morning and did not join in the search effort.

Stacy Peterson's sister, Cassandra Cales, did participate but told NBC5 she believes her sister is dead.

"No, she's not alive," Cales said, echoing the fears of many searchers.

The search will resume at 9 a.m. today, with volunteers asked to meet at Peterson's Bolingbrook house on Pheasant Chase Court. Employees from a professional search company from Texas are expected to volunteer as well beginning today, said one search coordinator, Roy Taylor, whose mother is a close friend of Stacy Peterson's.

Illinois State Police have expressed interest in a barrel once at the Peterson home. Searchers focused on that but came up empty Saturday.

One searcher, Mike Cepuran, who said he knew Stacy Peterson since she was a little girl, paddled a kayak as part of the search along the DuPage River. Cepuran found a barrel -- but it was empty.

Police divers have searched a nearby pond, and investigators also have examined a micro-light airplane owned by Drew Peterson.

Friends and family called Stacy Peterson "a good person" who would never leave her two children. Worried relatives reported Stacy Peterson missing on Monday.

'Keep me in your prayers'
On Oct. 17, she e-mailed a family friend, expressing concern over her deteriorating relationship with her husband. The e-mail was provided by the friend, Steve Cesare, to the Naperville Sun.

"i have been arguing quite a bit w/my husband," Stacy Peterson wrote.

"as i mature with age i am finding that the relationship i am in is controlling, manipulative and some what abusive," she wrote in the e-mail dated Oct. 17. ". . . tomorrow is our 4 year anniversary and I am not as excited as the years that have past.

". . . if you could keep me in your prayers i could use some wisdom, protection, and strength."

Stacy Peterson is the fourth wife of Drew Peterson. His third wife, Kathleen Savio, was found dead in an empty bathtub in her Bolingbrook home in 2004. The death was ruled accidental.

Drew Peterson and Savio were divorced at the time. Their two sons inherited the $1 million life insurance policy Peterson held on his ex-wife, court records indicate.

Marlee
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2007, 10:08:45 AM »

According to Rick Mims....Drews friend....The Peterson family has left the area....Drew needs to clear his head  Rolling Eyes
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #57 on: November 04, 2007, 10:24:21 AM »

According to Rick Mims....Drews friend....The Peterson family has left the area....Drew needs to clear his head  Rolling Eyes

Yes, I hope State Police have an eye on him.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #58 on: November 04, 2007, 11:39:58 AM »

chicagotribune.com

Family, friends search woods for missing Bolingbrook mother
Missing woman, 23, likely dead, they say
By Emma Graves Fitzsimmons

Tribune staff reporter

November 4, 2007

Giving up hope that missing Bolingbrook mother Stacy Peterson is alive, her family and friends are now focused on finding information to help with the investigation into her disappearance.

Peterson's sister, Cassandra Cales, said the family no longer believes she is alive.

"We're going to get to the bottom of this," Cales, 22, said during the search. "I just want whoever did this to her brought to justice."

Cales also confirmed Saturday that her sister said the Friday before she disappeared that she feared for her life and wanted a divorce from her husband, Drew, a Bolingbrook police sergeant.

Neighbors posted fliers at local malls while friends created a Web site to pool information on her case. Some searched the DuPage River a mile from her home by kayak; others walked a cadaver dog through nearby wetlands at Whalon Lake Dog Park.

Meanwhile, her sister pieced together a timeline of accounts from friends and family of the days leading up to her disappearance.

It was a coordinated effort by a community hungry for an explanation into her disappearance, especially as the national media have descended upon the quiet southwest suburban neighborhood.

Drew Peterson, 53, has been interviewed by police in his wife's disappearance. The couple have two children, ages 2 and 4, and Drew has two sons, ages 13 and 14, from a previous marriage. His former wife and the mother of his sons, Kathleen Savio, drowned in a bathtub accident in 2004, but prosecutors are now reviewing that case.

Authorities are calling the Stacy Peterson case a missing-person investigation, but those who knew her best suspect foul play and say Peterson never would have skipped town without her children.

Peterson was reported missing to the Illinois State Police early Monday after she failed to meet her sister Sunday to help paint a house. Her husband said he last saw her about 10 a.m. Sunday, and last spoke with her about 9 p.m. Sunday when she called on her cell phone to say she was leaving him.

Authorities were not performing any searches on Saturday after divers spent Thursday and Friday dragging a 5-acre pond at Bolingbrook's Clow International Airport, just blocks from the Peterson home. Drew Peterson, who is licensed to fly a plane, said he found his wife's car in Clow's parking lot Monday.

State Police on Friday searched a hangar at Cushing Field in Sheridan where Drew Peterson kept a plane, according to Michael Hudetz, a flight instructor at A&M Airsports. Cushing Field is about 38 miles west of Bolingbrook.

The Web site dedicated to Stacy Peterson is findstacypeterson.com.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #59 on: November 04, 2007, 02:07:58 PM »

November 4th, 2007 1:36 PM Eastern
Just Spoke to Producer Covering Sgt Peterson / Stacy Peterson

by Greta Van Susteren
I just spoke to Steph Watts, producer on the ground in Illinois covering the Stacy Peterson disappearance story.  It has been exactly one week she has been gone and still no sign.  He said Tim Miller and EquiSearch is due there tonight.  EquiSearch is very experienced at organizing searches.  As you might know, organization is key to avoiding duplicate searches or even contaminated evidence.

http://gretawire.foxnews.com/2007/11/04/just-spoke-to-producer-covering-sgt-peterson-stacy-peterson/

GREAT NEWS!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.