March 28, 2024, 03:41:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stacy Ann Peterson 23, Bolingbrook IL - Missing 10/28/07 #1  (Read 1030058 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2007, 02:52:23 PM »

Just to give you an idea how close to the airport and retention pond the Peterson home is:

Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2007, 03:16:29 PM »

TE on Fox News. They will arrive tonight and begin to search. They mentioned Aruba and Beth Holloway.
Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2007, 03:26:22 PM »

If the husband were able to get her body into a container and out of the house, he would probably head farther away than the local retention pond, IMHO. It's a short drive to I-55 and from there he could go west toward Iowa on I-80. You get miles and miles of farm country out there, including some hills and canyons around Starved Rock State Park. Because the most recent wife was found in the home, he would want the next one to be found far far away, wouldn't ya think? Or not found at all.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2007, 04:57:43 PM »

If the husband were able to get her body into a container and out of the house, he would probably head farther away than the local retention pond, IMHO. It's a short drive to I-55 and from there he could go west toward Iowa on I-80. You get miles and miles of farm country out there, including some hills and canyons around Starved Rock State Park. Because the most recent wife was found in the home, he would want the next one to be found far far away, wouldn't ya think? Or not found at all.

I agree.  TES should be meeting with the state police since they are in charge of the case.  I really hope they have some ideas of where to look.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #64 on: November 04, 2007, 06:20:12 PM »

Fox News interviewed the recipient of the e-mails from Stacy. He said that her husband was very controlling and gave this example: Stacy's sister had fallen ill with cancer and so the recipient of the e-mail offered to drive her to visit. Her husband would not allow her to go because he would be driving her. He went on to say that most of their communications were via e-mail because of her husband.

There wasn't any hint of an affair or anything like that, he was simply a friend.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #65 on: November 04, 2007, 08:57:59 PM »

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/bolingbrook-il/TBBMRLNP98KFRRFQK/p4

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #66 on: November 04, 2007, 10:01:48 PM »

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-peterson_searchnov05,1,3948640.story?track=rss&ctrack=2&cset=true

Another Peterson search, but still no clues
By Jeff Long

Tribune staff reporter

8:08 PM CST, November 4, 2007

With their ranks swollen by increasing media attention, about 90 volunteers combed rural areas near Bolingbrook for a second day Sunday for clues to explain the disappearance of Stacy Peterson, the wife of a Bolingbrook police sergeant who was last seen Oct. 28.

Family, friends and strangers who just wanted to help fanned out across wetlands at Whalon Lake, part of the Will County Forest Preserve District, about 4 miles from the Peterson home. They also searched around Indian Boundary Park and other rural, wooded areas.

But they found no evidence to help police, said organizer Roy Taylor, son of the missing woman's neighbor.

"The family just needs to know," said Peterson's stepsister Debbie Forgue of Westchester. "We need to find her."

But by now, the relatives fear they will never find Peterson alive.

"I don't think we're looking for a person that's alive at this point," said another stepsister, Kerry Simmons of Riverside.

Taylor said Texas EquuSearch, a non-profit organization involved in hundreds of missing-person cases over the last several years, has agreed to join the search for Peterson.

As Forgue and the other volunteers inched across the wetlands surrounding Whalon Lake on Sunday morning, they looked for any unusual signs of disturbance in the ground. Local stores have donated two-way radios to assist the volunteer searchers, and about 600 fliers have been posted throughout the community.

Peterson, 23, a mother of two, was reported missing to Illinois State Police on Oct. 29 after she failed to meet her sister the day before to help paint a house.

Divers from the Naperville Police Department spent Thursday and Friday searching a 5-acre pond at Bolingbrook's Clow International Airport, just blocks from her home.

Her husband, Sgt. Drew Peterson, 53, has said he last saw her about 10 a.m. Oct. 28 and last spoke with her about 9 p.m. that day when she called on her cell phone to say she was leaving him.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #67 on: November 05, 2007, 09:44:40 AM »

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/stacy.peterson.search.2.481618.html

Search For Missing Mom Brings In Houston Experts

Stacy Peterson's Neighbor Bothered By Earlier Conversations With Stacy, Early E-mails To Friend Ask Friend To Keep Her In Their Prayers

CBS 2's Rafael Romo, Katie McCall, and Mike Puccinelli contributed to this report.
BOLINGBROOK, Ill. (CBS) ― Ninety people came out to look for Stacy Peterson Sunday, and a search and rescue group from Houston is scheduled to meet with her family to take over their search efforts. Peterson's loved ones believe they are looking for her body.

As she and other friends plan the next search for 23-year-old Stacy Peterson, friend and neighbor Sharon Bychowski is haunted by what she says were many conversations about Peterson's desire to divorce her husband, Bolingbrook police sergeant Drew Peterson.

(snipped)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #68 on: November 05, 2007, 10:48:07 AM »

From the TES website:

http://www.texasequusearch.org/

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #69 on: November 05, 2007, 11:01:36 AM »

http://www.bolingbrook.com/content/1193786166.pdf

State police missing persons poster:

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #70 on: November 05, 2007, 11:08:45 AM »

November 5th, 2007 11:02 AM Eastern
Update on Stacy Peterson Disappearance
by Greta Van Susteren
UPDATE - (MORE AT 10pm tonight on ON THE RECORD)

We have just obtained some documents in connection with of Sgt. Peterson’s wife #3. She kept a log of abuse…and we are working on corroborating the documents and you will hear more at 10pm tonight ON THE RECORD.

Plus, Sgt. Peterson has 18 incident reports at work - many of which may be insignificant and we are hearing that many are. The Police Chief will explain the incident reports tonight and discuss the investigation into wife #3’s death. Note he was not the Police Chief when wife #3 died so it was not his job at the time to investigate.  Note further that when he became Chief, no one alerted him to this now suspicious death.

http://gretawire.foxnews.com/
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #71 on: November 05, 2007, 11:34:10 AM »

Couple of interresting posts from the Topic Bolingbrook forum:

Anonymous
South Haven, MI  Reply »

This is unbelievable. I am an old friend of Drew's second wife. I moved away years ago and we lost touch. I heard the story on the radio and I got chills. Went home and watched the news. Saw a picture of the wife who died and for a moment panicked thinking it was my old friend. Long dark hair, she wore hers the same way. It wasn't until I heard her name that I realized this was not my old friend. Drew was very jealous, would not ever let her go any where or do anything. He spied on her, accused of of things, and they had major fights. He was married before her and had 2 boys who are probably in their 20's by now. I'm so thankful it was not her. I always hated how he treated her and am glad she was #2 not 3 or 4. He may not be guilty of anything, but he was certainly not a nice husband. 

Anonymous
South Haven, MI  Reply »
|Report Abuse |#15 14 min ago

An article appeared using my friend's name. Her name was Vicki. She had no children with Drew. He had 2 boys with his first wife and Vicki had a good relationship with them. She had a daughter of her own from a previous relationship. She was a good mom. They lived on Seminole Drive at the time. Drew was under investigation at that time and he was very stressed. Drew treated her the same way her treated these next two wives. Extremely controlling. Lots of fighting and I told her many times that he was treating her badly. She had to lie to him even if she just wanted to have coffee with her girlfriends. He always made sure we knew he carried his damn gun. They bought a bar out in Montgomery, IL. I don't know how that turned out. My husband and I only went there once. I saw her again in the hospital after she was involved in a bad car accident on the way home from the bar. I moved away about a month later. We lost touch. This whole story gives me chills. I just am glad to hear she got away from him. I pray for these last 2 families. I hope for the sake of the children that Drew did not have anything to do with all of this. My heart tells me different. 

http://www.topix.com/city/bolingbrook-il/2007/10/bolingbrook-cop-speaks-about-wifes-disappearance
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #72 on: November 05, 2007, 11:58:48 AM »

From Greta's blog:

http://gretawire.foxnews.com/2007/11/05/have-you-seen-this/#comments

November 5th, 2007 11:35 AM Eastern
Have You Seen This?
by Greta Van Susteren

See below…wedding day for Stacy and Sgt. Drew Peterson (holding their baby.) On the left side of the page is Stacy’s sister (she was a guest on ON THE RECORD on Thursday night.)

Here is the question: who looks happy in the picture?

Jennifer34
Scared Monkey

« Reply #73 on: November 05, 2007, 12:33:41 PM »

You know, out of all the articles I have read, I cant find ONE nice thing about this guy other than what the neighbor (Rick Mims? I think) has said, which was really just that he was sticking by his friend ...  pretty sad.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #74 on: November 05, 2007, 02:06:25 PM »

From the Bolingbrook, Topix forum:

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/bolingbrook-il/TBBMRLNP98KFRRFQK/p5

Will County

“Truth & Integrity in Politics”

Comments: 1850
Lockport
ISP Location: Homer Glen, IL  Reply »
|Report Abuse |#99 48 min ago

I just returned from volunteering at the Person's neighbor's home where I was handing out fliers to be posted in establishments throughout the region. I took some to post in and around Lockport and Homer Glen.

Today they are coordinating with Tim Miller EQUUSEARCH and the police for tomorrow's field search. Tim and Roy took off before I packed it up and left myself. I will help in the search effort tomorrow.

The media is swarming the place and Stacy's best friend and neighbor gave a great interview this morning. She's a strong woman and a heck of an advocate for Stacy. Stacy has a lot of strong support. I spoke with her cousin who popped in to pick up some fliers and she is experiencing the same thing that Lisa's family is experiencing with the stress and the unanswered questions. She felt as I did about Stacy after reading a copy of the Email that was provided to the press, and that was that Stacy seemed to be quite mature for her young age of 23. It must have been extremely difficult to come to the understanding about the position of the relationship and make the decision to move forward and get out. That takes a great amount of personal strength and courage, especially given her situation.

I hope Stacy and Lisa are both found soon so the families can have closure and begin the healing process.

Tim Miller appears to be a remarkable man. They can have as many as 1800 people searching a huge radius. Speaking of that, does anyone have any ideas where they can establish a command center to run their search operation? They are in need of that and if anyone has any suggestions, please bring them forward. Tim Miller's group is an all volunteer group as an FYI. They will come in to do searches simply by a family member's request.

Hopefully, it is not information you need but it's good to know just in case or to pass along to someone who does need to know about it.

Roy was telling me about all the people Tim's group has found and it appears rather remarkable.

Matt, Roy was very thankful for your help yesterday.

Also, Free, the gentleman who provided the 6 wheelers has offered the use of his entire fleet of them in the search for Stacy. I'm certain he would do the same for Lisa. 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #75 on: November 05, 2007, 02:25:41 PM »

Transcript of Dr. Baden's analysis of the 3rd wife's autopsy report:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,308199,00.html

Mysterious Death of Drew Peterson's Third Wife
Monday , November 05, 2007

This is a rush transcript from "On the Record ," November 2, 2007. This copy may not be in its final form and may be updated.

GRETA VAN SUSTEREN, HOST: Stacy Peterson, wife number 4 of Sergeant Drew Peterson, is missing. She has not been seen since Sunday. And complicating matters for Sergeant Peterson tonight is that his third wife's bathtub death is now being re-investigated. A prosecutor has re-opened the investigation into her death. It was declared an accident at the time. The coroner said she drowned, but did she?

Joining us is forensic pathologist Dr. Michael Baden. Dr. Baden, we have gotten a copy of the autopsy report from wife number three's family.

DR. MICHAEL BADEN, FORENSIC PATHOLOGIST: Right.

VAN SUSTEREN: I take it you've looked at it now.

BADEN: I have it right here.

VAN SUSTEREN: And your thoughts on it?

BADEN: It is not an accident. The hair, her head hair, was soaked in blood, as the medical examiner says, and she had a laceration, a blunt force laceration on the top of her head. She had a dozen other black-and- blue bruises and scraping abrasions of the extremities and of the abdomen. It looks as if she — from the description that she was beaten up, apart from drowning. Her heart was good. Her brain was good. There were no drugs in her body on toxicology. There's no reason for her to have drowned. Adults don't drown if they're in good health.

VAN SUSTEREN: Dr. Baden, what would possess a coroner to call it accident? When I looked at it and I saw the hair full of blood, I thought, What's that? But I figured I just — you know, I went to law school and not medical school. What would possess this coroner to say this was an accident?

BADEN: Well, the doctor who did the autopsy, the pathologist who did the autopsy just said drowning. The non-physician coroner, who's elected, determined that it was also an accident. And he just made a mistake. I don't know...

VAN SUSTEREN: How is that a mistake? I mean — I mean, you look at it — I mean — I mean, is it an easy mistake, I should say? I mean, is this a close call, as you look at this?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: No.

VAN SUSTEREN: I mean, you don't have the body to examine. You're looking at the report. But is this a close call, in your mind?

BADEN: No, it's not a close call. It should not have been called an accident.

VAN SUSTEREN: Well, then how — then how can you say it was a mistake, if it's not a close call?

BADEN: Well, because it depends on the qualification of the coroner. Medical examiners have to be physicians. Coroners are often funeral directors.

VAN SUSTEREN: But the doctor who did the autopsy, when he hears that it was — it was in the news that it was an accident, I'm sure. I mean — I mean, what was he thinking of...

BADEN: Right.

VAN SUSTEREN: What was the — the man or woman who did the autopsy thinking when the coroner, who's not a doctor, says this is an accident? Wouldn't you think that someone would speak up, if it's as obvious as you say?

BADEN: Well, three years later, I think that the — an investigation is now being done to answer that very question that you're raising, Greta. And if that question had been looked into three years ago, possibly his wife wouldn't be — have disappeared at this time.

VAN SUSTEREN: It — and I suppose that it would make — it might be helpful — would it be helpful to exhume her, if she wasn't cremated? We only have 15 seconds.

BADEN: It might be — it would be, and under these circumstances, to see further whether there were any fractures or other injuries that were overlooked initially. There's no evidence that they took X-rays, for example. It would be important to exhume the body and do X-rays to see if there are any subtle fractures.

VAN SUSTEREN: And I must admit, if I were the prosecutor, I'd also take a look at the coroner and the medical examiner to see what was what, if it's...

BADEN: Absolutely.

VAN SUSTEREN: ... as obvious as you say, because I'll tell you, you know, it certainly doesn't look good, even as a layperson reading it, and now I hear you say this. Dr. Baden, thank you, sir.

BADEN: Thank you, Greta.

FYI - It's my understanding from reading various forums she was cremated

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #76 on: November 05, 2007, 02:36:24 PM »

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-peterson_searchnov05,0,1553669.story?coll=chi-900siteindex-fea

Texas group to help in Peterson search
By Hal Dardick and Erika Slife

Tribune staff reporters

12:54 PM CST, November 5, 2007

The family of Stacy Peterson, the wife of a Bolingbrook police sergeant who disappeared eight days ago, is getting help from a national group in trying to find the 23-year-old mother of two young children.

Tim Miller, founder and director Texas EquuSearch said Monday in Bolingbrook that he has been in contact with the Illinois State Police, who are handling the investigation.

When asked what his group could add, he said, "We know this much: If nothing is done, there's zero chance of locating her."

"We have a lot of resources. We are here. We are ready to get started."

Stacy Peterson's sister, Cassandra Cales, who contacted EquuSearch, said she was comforted by the group's presence. "I was prepared for the worst, but I hope for the best. I just want to bring her home."

Miller would not disclose any search plans. "We're not going to take a chance on her being moved," he said.

EquuSearch's involvement came after groups of volunteers failed to find any trace of Peterson during weekend searches. She went missing Oct. 28, two days after telling her husband, Sgt. Drew Peterson, 53, that she wanted a divorce, according to Stacy's family members.

State police have searched Peterson's home and other locations, including a pond at nearby Clow International Airport, in what is still classified as a missing person case.

Peterson's previous wife, Kathleen Savio, was found drowned in her bathtub in 2004. Her death was ruled accidental, but Will County State's Atty. James Glasgow, who was not in office when that determination was made, is taking another look at the case "with an open mind," said spokesman Charles Pelkie.

Miller's 16-year-old daughter, Laura, was abducted and murdered in 1984, said Cindy Wisdom, case manager for the not-for-profit group founded in 2000. Miller's group initially used horse-mounted volunteers but the search methods have evolved.

They now employ helicopters, all-terrain vehicles, drone aircraft, sonar and other high-technology tools, but people on horseback are still utilized. "There are a lot of places a horse can go that even an ATV can't," Wisdom said. The group has opened cases on more than 800 missing people. It has found 300 and the remains of 76 others, Wisdom said.

"The idea is to bring home missing persons, dead or alive," she said.

In late September, the group found the body of Naomi Arnette, 36, the mother of seven, in a shallow grave in a wooded area about three miles from her house in Sadorus, south of Champaign, she said. Arnettte's husband, Robert, has been charged with her murder.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #77 on: November 05, 2007, 04:14:38 PM »

Photos of Stacy Peterson:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-071105petersonfamily-photogallery,1,960471.photogallery?ctrack=1&cset=true

2001 high school graduation photo

Stacy Peterson (right) with her sisters Cassandra Cales (left) and Tina. (undated family photo)

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #78 on: November 05, 2007, 04:18:27 PM »

Hmmm her hubby was seen talking out a large plastic container.
http://www.myfoxchicago.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=4809857&version=3&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #79 on: November 05, 2007, 04:19:51 PM »

Blonde - yes, and he's MIA right now.  He took off over 24hrs ago on his motorcycle and nobody has seen him since.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.