March 28, 2024, 05:49:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stacy Ann Peterson 23, Bolingbrook IL - Missing 10/28/07 #1  (Read 1029990 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #80 on: November 05, 2007, 04:44:58 PM »

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-peterson_searchnov05,0,1553669.story?coll=chi_technology_util

Police target 7 areas in Peterson search
Texas group poised to assist effort

By Hal Dardick and Erika Slife

Tribune staff reporters

2:50 PM CST, November 5, 2007

Police today are searching seven "areas of interest" in their effort to find Stacy Peterson, the wife of a Bolingbrook police sergeant who went missing eight days ago, an Illinois State Police spokesman said.

Master Sgt. Louis Gutierrez declined to identify the areas being searched, but said all are based on the weeklong missing person investigation led by his agency.

At each site, seven police officers and a canine team, consisting of a handler and cadaver dog, are looking for Stacy Peterson, a 23-year-old mother of two young children.

Meanwhile, Cassandra Cales, Stacy's sister, contacted Texas EquuSearch and asked for the national organization's help in looking for Stacy, said Cindy Wisdom, case manager for the not-for-profit group founded in 2000 to help authorities find missing persons.

Tim Miller, the group's founder and director, is in the area speaking with Stacy's family and trying to set up a meeting with law-enforcement authorities, Wisdom said. "We don't enter a case unless family or law enforcement contact us, and we don't move forward with a case unless law enforcement agrees to work with us," she added.

Gutierrez said state police had yet to decide whether to bring EquuSearch into the effort. "We have been contacted by them."

After meeting Monday with Stacy's family and friends in Bolingbrook, Miller was asked what his group could add.

"We know this much: If nothing is done, there's zero chance of locating her," he said. "We have a lot of resources. We are here. We are ready to get started."

Miller would not disclose any search plans. "We're not going to take a chance on her being moved," he said.

Cales said she was comforted by the group's presence. "I was prepared for the worst, but I hope for the best. I just want to bring her home."

EquuSearch's involvement came after groups of volunteers failed to find any trace of Peterson during weekend searches. She went missing Oct. 28, two days after telling her husband, Sgt. Drew Peterson, 53, that she wanted a divorce, according to Stacy's family members. She is his fourth wife.

State police have searched Peterson's home and other locations, including a pond at nearby Clow International Airport, in what is still classified as a missing person case.

Peterson's previous wife, Kathleen Savio, was found drowned in her bathtub in 2004. Her death was ruled accidental, but Will County State's Atty. James Glasgow, who was not in office when that determination was made, is taking another look at the case "with an open mind," said spokesman Charles Pelkie.

Miller's 16-year-old daughter, Laura, was abducted and murdered in 1984, said Wisdom. Miller's group initially used horse-mounted volunteers but the search methods have evolved.

They now employ helicopters, all-terrain vehicles, drone aircraft, sonar and other high-technology tools, but people on horseback are still utilized. "There are a lot of places a horse can go that even an ATV can't," Wisdom said.

The group has opened cases on more than 800 missing people. It has found 300 and the remains of 76 others, Wisdom said.

"The idea is to bring home missing persons, dead or alive," she said.

In late September, the group found the body of Naomi Arnette, 36, the mother of seven, in a shallow grave in a wooded area about three miles from her house in Sadorus, south of Champaign, she said. Arnettte's husband, Robert, has been charged with her murder.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #81 on: November 05, 2007, 05:00:30 PM »

http://gretawire.foxnews.com/

To: Van Susteren, Greta
Sent: Sun Nov 04 14:49:28 2007
Subject: re: coroners

Greta, You raised a very basic question Friday—how could the Coroner make such an obvious mistake in ruling that the death of Drew Peterson ’s Wife #3 was Accidental Drowning rather than Homicide given the history of spousal abuse, the order of protection, the autopsy evidence of a bloody beating before drowning, and the fact that healthy sober adults don’t drown accidentally in bathtubs. The death should have been classified as a Homicide which would have triggered a full police investigation. The Accidental classification required no further investigation. Similarly, the Coroner’s classification that the second Stanley sister died of Psychogenic Epilepsy—a here-to-fore unknown cause of death—has also raised concerns about the accuracy of death certifications.
Greta, the medical investigation of murder in this country is a national disgrace. One half of all U.S.counties have elected coroners rather than medical examiners who are physicians appointed on the basis of merit. Most coroners have little or no medical or scientific background (usually required only to be a U.S. citizen of voting age) and they have the legal responsibility of determining cause and manner of unnatural deaths. About ten states do not have a single forensic pathologist in the entire state. There are 60 murders every day in the U.S.; in more than half the perpetrator will not be convicted (so much for the perfect murder–most are!!) –and in some murders innocent people may be convicted. The medical/forensic investigation of murder is very uneven in this country and is conducted according to local county or state laws.(Almost all murder is local!) Perhaps we should consider establishing a federal Forensic Sciences General position to create a bully pulpit to improve unnatural death investigation in the entire country as the Surgeon General position has been able to improve public interest and research into natural diseases such as lung cancer, heart disease and breast cancer. michael baden

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #82 on: November 05, 2007, 06:16:01 PM »

The command center for the EquuSearch team will be the Westbrook Christian Church at 1175 Lily Cache Lane in Bolingbrook. All search volunteers for tomorrow need to be there at 8:00 a.m. tomorrow
Levi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #83 on: November 05, 2007, 06:29:36 PM »

According to Rick Mims....Drews friend....The Peterson family has left the area....Drew needs to clear his head  Rolling Eyes
My cow died last night, so I don't need his bull. I'm with you, I'm just not buying his excuse that he needs to clear his head. More like, "the heat is on and I'm getting the hell outta here!"

He thinks he is as slick as an eel, now saying she called him and said she was leaving him.  Rolling Eyes
Levi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #84 on: November 05, 2007, 06:39:54 PM »

To: Van Susteren, Greta
Sent: Sun Nov 04 14:49:28 2007
Subject: re: coroners

Greta, You raised a very basic question Friday—how could the Coroner make such an obvious mistake in ruling that the death of Drew Peterson ’s Wife #3 was Accidental Drowning rather than Homicide given the history of spousal abuse, the order of protection, the autopsy evidence of a bloody beating before drowning, and the fact that healthy sober adults don’t drown accidentally in bathtubs. The death should have been classified as a Homicide which would have triggered a full police investigation. The Accidental classification required no further investigation. Similarly, the Coroner’s classification that the second Stanley sister died of Psychogenic Epilepsy—a here-to-fore unknown cause of death—has also raised concerns about the accuracy of death certifications.
Greta, the medical investigation of murder in this country is a national disgrace. One half of all U.S.counties have elected coroners rather than medical examiners who are physicians appointed on the basis of merit. Most coroners have little or no medical or scientific background (usually required only to be a U.S. citizen of voting age) and they have the legal responsibility of determining cause and manner of unnatural deaths. About ten states do not have a single forensic pathologist in the entire state. There are 60 murders every day in the U.S.; in more than half the perpetrator will not be convicted (so much for the perfect murder–most are!!) –and in some murders innocent people may be convicted. The medical/forensic investigation of murder is very uneven in this country and is conducted according to local county or state laws.(Almost all murder is local!) Perhaps we should consider establishing a federal Forensic Sciences General position to create a bully pulpit to improve unnatural death investigation in the entire country as the Surgeon General position has been able to improve public interest and research into natural diseases such as lung cancer, heart disease and breast cancer. michael baden

There was a bloody beating before the drowning and it was still ruled an accident??? The Coroner must be 2 tacos short of a Mexican Platter! That makes NO SENSE at all.

And I never knew some of the facts that Dr Baden mentioned in his email to Greta! WOW. Thanks for posting that and I give a big thumbs up to Dr Baden for speaking out about the outrageous state of equivocal death analysis in the country.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #85 on: November 05, 2007, 07:20:22 PM »

http://www.chicagosuburbannews.com/romeoville/homepage/x1086968072

Peterson’s neighbor committed to finding missing woman

By Don Grigas, dgrigas@mysuburbanlife.com
GateHouse News Service
 Mon Nov 05, 2007, 05:22 PM CST

Romeoville, IL -

Sharon Bychowski, next-door neighbor to Stacy Peterson — the Bolingbrook mother of two who has been missing since Oct. 28 — said she is committed to finding Peterson and bringing her “back home.”

“There is no question, we will eventually find Stacy and bring her home,” said Bychowski. “I think I’ve slept two hours in four days, but I don’t care. I owe Stacy that much.”

Bychowski has spearheaded an effort by local volunteers to search for Peterson, and over the weekend more than 75 volunteers searched area wetlands, parks and lakes seeking clues into Peterson’s disappearance.

The search turned up no clues.

But by Monday afternoon, a team from Texas EquuSearch, a nonprofit organization specializing in conducting searches for missing persons, had arrived in Bolingbrook to set up headquarters at a local church, Bychowski said.

“They are out now establishing a headquarters at a local church and will be out looking for Stacy again tomorrow morning,” she said.

A man who identified himself as a member of the search team specializing in underwater sonar said Monday’s windy conditions would delay the search operation until Tuesday.

Illinois State Police spokesman Trooper Mark Dorencz said state investigators had searched  seven locations unsuccessfully on Monday.

Stacy Peterson, 23, wife of Bolingbrook Police Sgt. Drew Peterson, was reported missing by family members seven days ago.

Stacy’s sister, Cassandra Cales, said the last telephone contact she had with her sister was at about 10 a.m. Sunday. After that, all attempts to reach Stacy by cell phone were unsuccessful.

Drew Peterson, a 29-year veteran on the Bolingbrook Police Department, said he spoke to Stacy at about 9 p.m. Sunday, at which time he said Stacy told him she had left him.

At 4 a.m. Monday, family members filed a missing persons report with Illinois State Police.

Family members and friends close to Stacy said she never would have left her two children, Lacy, 2, and Anthony, 4, regardless of the circumstances.

Cales recently said she does not believe her sister is still alive.

“Whether or not I think Drew had anything to do with the disappearance is irrelevant. What is important is that Stacy felt threatened, and recently told me if she were to disappear, it would not be the result of an accident,” Bychowski said.

Stacy Peterson recently told Bychowski she wanted to get out of the marriage, Bychowski said.

Stacy Peterson first met Drew Peterson when she was 17, but over the last six years “Stacy had matured and wanted to get out,” Bychowski said.

Bychowski spent the last two days organizing volunteers from the garage attached to their home, and over two days more than 75 volunteers fanned out to walk through wetlands, parks and along bodies of water seeking clues into Stacey’s disappearance and distributing hundreds of fliers.

Bychowski said she knew Stacy and Drew Peterson for more than three years and Stacy “was a feisty person, quite a person” who regularly visited the Bychowski home.

“Her two children, Lacy and Anthony, were always here and Stacy came over almost daily. Sometimes she would cook for us in our kitchen,” said Bychowski.

Bychowski said she does not believe Drew Peterson’s story that Stacy called him Sunday night and told him she was leaving him for another man.

“That whole story is a farce, a bunch of bologna,” she said.

On Thursday, investigators from the Illinois State Police executed a search warrant for the Peterson home at 6 Pheasant Chase Court.

After a five-hour search, two vehicles were impounded, as well as cartons of other items. State police have not released the contents of the cartons removed from the Peterson home.

“Prior to the search warrant being executed, Drew came over and asked me if I would move his car into our driveway for him. I told him he could move it into the driveway but not the garage. We weren’t going to hide his car for him,” Bychowski said.

“I just didn’t feel comfortable with that request,” she said.

Shortly after Stacy Peterson was listed as missing, Bychowski said, Drew Peterson was asked for a photograph of Stacy Peterson to advertise her disappearance.

“He said he didn’t have one, even though the family went on a cruise recently in which Stacy personally told me she spent about $500 on photographs. To say there was no photograph of Stacy was ridiculous,” Bychowski said.

Authorities continue to list the case as that of a missing person, not a criminal investigation.

Last week the Will County state’s attorney’s office began re-examining the March 2004 case in which Drew Peterson’s third wife, Kathleen Savio, died in her bathtub while the two were going through a divorce.

According to Chuck Pelkie, spokesman for the state’s attorney’s office, “unique and unusual circumstances” surrounding Savio’s death triggered a review of the case.

Attempts to reach the Will County state’s attorney’s office today were unsuccessful.

Bychowski said the goal of the intensified search — she said EquuSearch has, in the past, provided up to 1,500 people as volunteers — is to keep the case fresh and in the public’s eye.

“All it could take is one small clue, something someone might have missed, to help locate Stacy,” Bychowski said.

Last week state police also searched local ponds without success.

Bychowski, who said the four children living in the Peterson home now are being cared for by one of Drew Peterson’s adult sons living in North Aurora, said she no longer is in contact with Drew Peterson.

“When he publicly said Stacy left him and implied she was with someone else, I couldn’t believe it. Drew just threw her under the bus, then backed up over her a few times,” she said.

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #86 on: November 05, 2007, 07:43:23 PM »

Faith found this
http://truth4natalee

Edit:  Your link doesn't work?  Please post the link again.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 07:58:03 PM by klaasend » Logged

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #87 on: November 05, 2007, 07:45:00 PM »

I just  got off the phone with Tim Miller and he wanted it posted here at his trusting SM friends, there WILL be a search starting tomorrow morning.  He's hoping Red will get something on the front page soon, but I told him I would let the Monkeys know.  I still need to get the location of the command center and will post it if Red hasn't before I do.

So anybody who can help out beginning tomorrow in Bollingbrook, IL, you can also contact TES at there website.

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #88 on: November 05, 2007, 07:51:50 PM »

I just  got off the phone with Tim Miller and he wanted it posted here at his trusting SM friends, there WILL be a search starting tomorrow morning.  He's hoping Red will get something on the front page soon, but I told him I would let the Monkeys know.  I still need to get the location of the command center and will post it if Red hasn't before I do.

So anybody who can help out beginning tomorrow in Bollingbrook, IL, you can also contact TES at there website.

Thanks Dihannah - I posted the location above and also posted in the Musing thread. 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #89 on: November 05, 2007, 07:53:13 PM »

November 5th, 2007 7:41 PM Eastern
FNC’s Jeff Goldblatt Just Sent Me This From Outside Sgt. Peterson Home
by Greta Van Susteren
 In blue is an email FNC’s Jeff Goldblatt just sent me from outside Sgt. Peterson’s home in Bolingbrook, Illinois”

Subject: Fw: Peterson News Release

From Illinois State Police. Latest on investigation. For Urgent.

Also, at abt 610pm central, 2 cops showed up at Peterson house with a
rolled up piece of paper in hand. They knocked on door several times.
Got no answer. Drove off. I’ve reached out to State Police to confirm it
was their guys.

and Jeff also forwarded in this email this just released press release:  (in bold)

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE                CONTACTS:
November 5, 2007                        Trooper Mark T. Dorencz
Safety Education Officer
Illinois State Police - District 5
(815) 726-6377 Ext. 271

Master Sergeant Luis Gutierrez
Public Information Office
(312) 814-8367

JOLIET - On Monday, November 5, 2007 at approximately 11:00 am, the Illinois State Police (ISP) and Bolingbrook Police Department, in conjunction with several local law enforcement agencies have conducted and concluded the searches of nine areas of interest established by the ongoing missing person investigation.  Each area of interest was assigned a team, which was comprised of approximately seven law enforcement officers and one canine unit.  The ISP also utilized an airplane to assist with an aerial search of these areas.  The missing person investigation of Stacy Peterson is still ongoing.

A new tip line, (815) 740 – 0678 has been established by the ISP to address any new information the public may have reference the Stacy Peterson Missing Person Investigation.  The caller is required to leave a name, telephone number and a brief but detailed description of the information they wish to provide.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #90 on: November 05, 2007, 07:54:37 PM »

Dihannah - this is where I heard the command center will be:

The command center for the EquuSearch team will be the Westbrook Christian Church at 1175 Lily Cache Lane in Bolingbrook. All search volunteers for tomorrow need to be there at 8:00 a.m. tomorrow
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #91 on: November 05, 2007, 08:34:02 PM »

Dihannah - this is where I heard the command center will be:

FYI - Red just spoke with Tim.  What Tim needs right now is people to help in the command center.  So any monkeys near the Bolingbrook area, if you can work the command center, Tim could really use your help!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #92 on: November 05, 2007, 11:07:27 PM »

Someone mentioned that the local Fox station said something about searching in Hammond Indiana.  I mapped it and it's only about 50 minutes from Bolingbrook:

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #93 on: November 06, 2007, 12:39:35 AM »

Texas EquuSearch Joins the Search for Missing Stacy Peterson in Bolingbrook, IL … They Need Your Help

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2007/11/06/texas-equusearch-joins-the-search-for-missing-stacy-peterson-in-bolingbrook-il-they-need-your-help/

Tim Miller and the volunteers of Texas EquuSearch have joined the search to help find missing Stacy Peterson. The family of Stacy Peterson contacted TES, the non-profit search organization,  in an effort to help find their missing loved one. Stacy Ann Peterson has been missing since 10/28/07.

Speaking with Tim Miller this evening he asked that anyone in the Bolingbrook, IL come out and help search and also take part in helping out with the Command Center located at the Westbrook Christian Church in Bolingbrook.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #94 on: November 06, 2007, 01:19:10 AM »

http://cbs2chicago.com/westsuburbanbureau/peterson.missing.stebic.2.489477.html

Nov 5, 2007 10:57 pm US/Central 

New Tip Line, High-Tech Help In Search For Woman

Husband In Another High Profile Missing Woman's Case Offers Support To Drew Peterson

BOLINGBROOK, Ill. (CBS) ― While police investigators have been focusing on specific areas searching for missing mother Stacy Peterson, a group of volunteer searchers have brought in some heavy equipment to aid in the search.

As CBS 2's Dana Kozlov reports, the Illinois state police searched nine areas Monday, ending the effort around 6 p.m. A spokesperson says they found nothing.

Stacy Peterson's friends and family say they just want some sort of closure and hope an intensified search will give them that.

The not-for-profit group Equusearch has set up headquarters at the house next door to the Peterson's. The professional search team is looking for a command center, recruiting volunteers and will soon launch a full scale search for the 23-year-old mother of two.

The director of the group announced he would bring high-tech equipment, horse riders and volunteers to the search, but wouldn't say where they'll start. "There may be somebody who knows where she is. If we share it, we're not going to take a chance on her being moved," Tim Miller said.

Dennis Watters is the latest person to join the search. He's in town assisting Texas Equusearch and plans to use his sonar equipment to scan area lakes, ponds, rivers and quarries.

"We've recovered numerous bodies with it," Watters said. "It's gonna allow us to take very detailed pictures of the lakes and quarries in the area."

Peterson's been missing for more than a week. Her husband, Bolingbrook police Sgt. Drew Peterson, says he last spoke to his wife on October 28.

Miller says he hopes his cadre of volunteers can help.

"I think there's strength in numbers, so once we get our plans together we'll be calling for volunteers," Miller said.

Stacy Peterson's friends and family say she recently told them she was in a manipulative and controlling marriage.

"She did say to many of us, not just me in confidence, but many of us, that if anything happened to her it was not an accident. He killed her," said her friend and neighbor Sharon Bychowski.

The mystery is similar to the case of Lisa Stebic, the Plainfield mother who vanished last April. Her husband Craig Stebic, told the Chicago Sun-Times he relates to the Bolingbrook cop, saying, "I know what he's going through."

"Craig has cut us off from seeing Lisa's children. And yet I was almost speechless to hear that he found time to make sympathetic comments about drew Peterson," Melanie Greenberg, Lisa Stebic's cousin, said.

Bolingbrook police said they investigated 18 domestic complaints between Drew Peterson and his third wife, Kathleen Savio, who died accidentally in a bathtub in 2004.

"She told me that he would kill her; it would look like an accident but it wasn't," Savio's sister, Sue Doman, said.

Doman said Savio asked her to take care of her kids.

The Bolingbrook police chief said there were no domestic complaints between Drew Peterson and Stacy Peterson before now.

Friends and family have set up a new Web site, FindStacyPeterson.com, in hopes someone can provide clues into Stacy's disappearance.

Also, the Illinois State Police have set up a Stacy Peterson Tip Line at (815) 740-0678.

Texas Equusearch helped comb Aruba for teenager Natallee Holloway two years ago. She has never been found.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #95 on: November 06, 2007, 01:34:10 AM »

Tim Miller is truly a hero. God Bless him for helping this young woman's family.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #96 on: November 06, 2007, 03:35:42 AM »

Now here's a smart group of law officers who are letting TES come in to help them. I had the pleasure of riding with Tim Miller and Donna Jou's father when they were in town concerning the missing young girl, Donna Jou.

Too bad LAPD and others powers in the LA tourist town and tourist county, Orange County didn't let TES come in right away. I even saw areas that could have been of great interest for evidence but as the weeks, months went on the area was clovered or cleaned.... who knows what evidence is lost now.

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #97 on: November 06, 2007, 10:08:20 AM »

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/news/636556,4_1_JO06_MISSING_S1.article

MISSING MOM SEARCH TEAM NEEDS HELP
HUNDREDS OF VOLUNTEERS HOPED FOR TO LOOK FOR STACY PETERSON TODAY

November 6, 2007
By Stefano Esposito sun-times news group

She has not slept in days. She's all but certain her sister is dead. But Cassandra Cales said Monday evening that the search for Bolingbrook mother Stacy Peterson must go on.

"She is giving me the strength and energy I need to push on," Cales said of her sister. "I haven't really slept in six or seven days. I try to sleep, but I just can't."

An all-volunteer Texas team that helped in the search for missing Alabama teen Natalee Holloway in Aruba is expected to lead search efforts this morning, Cales said.

The Texas EquuSearch Mounted Search and Recovery Team is equipped with divers, helicopters, dog teams, horses and foot teams. The founder of the team, Tim Miller, said he will have 15 people from his group but hopes "hundreds" of volunteers will show up for the search at 8 a.m. today at the Westbrook Christian Church in Bolingbrook, not far from the Peterson home. Plans are to search five "water areas" and two quarries.

"We have been extremely successful in the past," he said, adding that his team has helped find 250 people alive and the remains of 73 other people.

Another of the missing woman's relatives wonders where police investigators were Saturday and Sunday, when dozens of volunteers combed the area near Peterson's home looking for clues.

"Where are the police on this one? What are they doing?" said Suzan Robison, one of Peterson's aunts.

A spokesman for the state police said Monday there's a reason police weren't out searching during the weekend.

"We were actually in the process of organizing searches for [Monday]," said Trooper Mark Dorencz, a state police spokesman. "I can assure you we are working on this case day and night." Dorencz said teams of eight officers and a search dog focused Monday on seven areas, which he declined to identify.

Are investigators talking to Bolingbrook Police Sgt. Drew Peterson?

"We are focusing on Stacy and finding Stacy," Dorencz said.

Although Stacy Peterson told relatives in the days leading up to her disappearance last week that she was afraid of her husband and wanted a divorce, Drew Peterson is not considered a suspect in the case, Dorencz said.

"He has been cooperative in the investigation," he said.

Bolingbrook Police Chief Raymond McGury said the department received no reports of problems in the marriage.

Fresh look at a past death
Investigators will try to talk to Stacy Peterson's children to see if they know anything of her whereabouts.
"We would like to talk to the kids," said Charles B. Pelkie, spokesman for State's Attorney James Glasgow. "We will be taking steps to make that happen in the near future."

Stacy Peterson is Drew Peterson's fourth wife. His third wife died under mysterious circumstances in March 2004. Glasgow is turning a fresh eye to that case to see if the death of Peterson's third wife, Kathleen Savio, warrants criminal charges.

Stacy and Drew Peterson have two children, ages 2 and 4. Drew Peterson also has two minor children from his marriage to Savio and two older children from a previous marriage.

Another missing mother
Glasgow's office has been trying to get information from the children of another missing mother. Their efforts to speak with the children of Lisa Stebic, of Plainfield, have been thwarted by their father, Craig Stebic, who police have labeled "a person of interest" in the case.
Lisa Stebic has been missing for more than six months. Searches and billboards have failed to turn up any clues to her whereabouts. Police initially talked to her children, but the state's attorney's office would like to do a more in-depth interview. At the advice of his lawyer, Craig Stebic has forbidden that.

"We made it clear we want to talk to these children, too," Pelkie said. "It's the same position. We'll be taking steps in the near future to find out what these children know about the disappearance of their mother."

MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #98 on: November 06, 2007, 10:30:53 AM »

Someone mentioned that the local Fox station said something about searching in Hammond Indiana.  I mapped it and it's only about 50 minutes from Bolingbrook:

Nailah Franklin's car was found in Hammond, Indiana
Jennifer34
Scared Monkey

« Reply #99 on: November 06, 2007, 10:36:06 AM »

"We would like to talk to the kids," said Charles B. Pelkie, spokesman for State's Attorney James Glasgow. "We will be taking steps to make that happen in the near future."

Wonder why they have not talked to the kids yet?  Maybe Drew will not let them, like Craig Stebic.  It just seems to me, regardless of your feelings for your spouse, good or bad, that is the other parent of your child.  Unless you have something to hide, wouldn't you want for the sake of your children to help find that person and if your children for their own sakes want to talk to the police, or might could help, wouldn't it be encouraged?

I can tell you, I have absolutely NOTHING for my husband's ex-wife.  His daughter at 15 went missing with a friend in Fl about the same time as Natalee.  Fortunately, it was a couple of hours, and the out come was good, but still, when my step daughter's mother called distraught, to give us the details, in the midst of her dragging him through court, no less, all of that went out the window and everything focused on finding this kid.  My heart went out to her. 

I guess my point is, if you love your kids and you aren't hiding anything, mad or not that she may have ran off with some one, do what ever it takes to find her for your kids ...

This is just infuriating to me.  I know they are looking for evidence and have to build a case, but I am pretty sure Ray Charles could see what has happened here.

God Bless Tim and the other searchers and I pray they find her.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.