March 28, 2024, 03:21:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stacy Ann Peterson 23, Bolingbrook IL - Missing 10/28/07 #1  (Read 1030056 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #160 on: November 07, 2007, 04:26:27 PM »

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-peterson-search_webnov08,0,2529891.story

Peterson searchers include group on horseback
By Matthew Walberg and Erika Slife

Tribune staff reporters

1:38 PM CST, November 7, 2007

Volunteers on foot and horseback, in boats and airplanes, resumed their search Wednesday morning for Stacy Peterson, 23, the Bolingbrook mother who has been missing for 11 days.

Close to 60 volunteers turned out, including a team of eight women and their horses from the Fox Valley Trail Riders. The women--carrying machetes, pliers and fence cutters--are experienced in clearing brush, said Marni McClennan, owner of Newark-based Saddle Up Stables and organizer of the equestrian search group.

Meanwhile, volunteers with sonar equipment resumed their search of a nearby body of water on private property in Plainfield, said Dennis Watters, of St. Louis, who volunteered the use of his equipment. "I think we're going to pick up where we left off yesterday."

Tim Miller, director of the non-profit search and rescue group Texas EquuSearch, which is organizing the volunteer effort, said dogs and all-terrain vehicles were also in use this morning at four locations, and he expected a helicopter and small plane would scan the areas this afternoon.

"Everyday we'll generate more people, and it will get bigger and bigger and that's good," Miller said. "There's a lot of strength in numbers, and the more area we cover, the chances are we come up with something."

Police suspended their search effort Wednesday morning in order to review evidence that has been collected, said Illinois State Police Master Sgt. Luis Gutierrez.

"They're re-evaluating all the evidence they have and are deciding where to go with the case," Gutierrez said. He said he did not know whether there was a possibility that the case could be reclassified as a death investigation or a criminal investigation today.

Stacy Peterson was last seen by her husband, veteran Bolingbrook police Sgt. Drew Peterson, on Oct. 28 when she left the couple's home on Pheasant Chase Court to help her sister Cassandra Cales paint a home.

Drew Peterson, 53, told police he last heard from her that night, when she called him on her cell phone.

He later said his wife called to tell him that she was leaving him, and that he believed she was with someone else--a statement her family disputes. She is Peterson's fourth wife.

Gutierrez would not discuss what investigators took from the Peterson home late Tuesday night when they executed a second search warrant at that location in less than a week. He said police were inside the residence for about 90 minutes and no one was home at the time.

Minnesota
Scared Monkey

Just My Personal Opinion

« Reply #161 on: November 07, 2007, 04:54:16 PM »

Hello Everyone:

Let's look at the facts as we know them about how DP 3rd wife's body was found.  DP brought back the children after visitation.  He took the kids to the door, door was locked, he knocked, no answer.  He went to a neighbor's house and asked to use the phone to call a locksmith?  What is WRONG with that?  Why would he call a locksmith?  Maybe try a phone call, leave a note saying you weren't home, I took the kids back with me?  And why would a locksmith let him in?  He didn't  live there! Then he sends the neighbor in to discover her body in the bath tub? Is it me or is this establishing an alibi/timeline?  This just stinks to high heaven!  And finally why did it take SP disappearance for all of this to come to light?  Maybe it's not "what you know" but "who you know".

JMO

"The test of the morality of a society is what it does for its children." Dietrich Bonhoeffer
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #162 on: November 07, 2007, 04:57:54 PM »

Hello Everyone:

Let's look at the facts as we know them about how DP 3rd wife's body was found.  DP brought back the children after visitation.  He took the kids to the door, door was locked, he knocked, no answer.  He went to a neighbor's house and asked to use the phone to call a locksmith?  What is WRONG with that?  Why would he call a locksmith?  Maybe try a phone call, leave a note saying you weren't home, I took the kids back with me?  And why would a locksmith let him in?  He didn't  live there! Then he sends the neighbor in to discover her body in the bath tub? Is it me or is this establishing an alibi/timeline?  This just stinks to high heaven!  And finally why did it take SP disappearance for all of this to come to light?  Maybe it's not "what you know" but "who you know".

JMO

I agree 100%.  This guy stinks and he's been allowed to manipulate the system.

I'd really like to know more about wife #1.  Rumor is that she is also dead of "natural" causes.  If that is the case, the only wife that has survived is the one he had NO KIDS with.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #163 on: November 07, 2007, 06:43:55 PM »

http://www.chicagosuburbannews.com/romeoville/homepage/x1375677846

Search for Peterson widens with boats, horses, ATVs

Bolingbrook, IL -
Dozens of volunteers fanned out throughout the Bolingbrook and Romeoville area by 10 a.m. Wednesday, targeting a handful of sites organizers hope will lead them to Stacy Peterson, the 23-year old mother of two who was reported missing Oct. 29.

Teams of searchers prepared to work on foot, horseback and in boats looking for clues into Peterson’s disappearance.

Texas EquuSearch is coordinating the volunteer effort while state police are in charge of an investigation into the disappearance of Peterson, who is married to Sgt. Drew Peterson, 53, a 29-year veteran of the Bolingbrook Police Department.

The state police and Texas EquuSearch are not working together.

Texas EquuSearch began searching for clues into Peterson’s disappearance on Monday afternoon, and by Tuesday morning teams of searchers were heading to several target sites, including Veterans Woods in Romeoville and a Plainfield-based private fishing and hunting club near 135th Street and Essington Road.

“We spent a few hours at the private club yesterday before our motor went out, but it is too good a site to pass up because there are so many little secluded slivers of water inlets, so I’ll spend as much time as I can there today,” said Dennis Watters, a professional fisherman from Moro, Ill., who made the trip to Bolingbrook Monday.

Watters said his sophisticated sonar can detect shapes up to depths of 80 feet.
“If someone made a mistake and put Stacy’s body underwater, I’ll find her, even if she is submerged in algae or mud,” Watters said.

Watters did not identify the private club in Plainfield, but said an official of the club told EquuSearch team members Drew Peterson had made inquiries into using the club “to go shooting,” Watters said.

Watters did not say how recent Peterson’s inquiries were, and club officials could not be reached for comment.

(snipped)

Photo by Don Grigas
Volunteers gather in Veterans Woods off Joliet Road near Bolingbrook to conduct an on-foot search of the woods for clues in the disappearance of Stacy Peterson Wednesday.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #164 on: November 07, 2007, 07:28:20 PM »

Posted at CTV:

FOX reporting:

Drew did appear before a Grand Jury today with two lawyers.

Stacy's family has been told to go to ISP tonight.

No other details.

Minnesota
Scared Monkey

Just My Personal Opinion

« Reply #165 on: November 07, 2007, 07:33:23 PM »

Latest update I could find.  Their not giving us much information.

One tidbit:  Will County authorities expect to soon question her two stepchildren - ages 12 and 15 - to see if they can offer any information that will help solve her disappearance.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/639607,peterson110707.article

"The test of the morality of a society is what it does for its children." Dietrich Bonhoeffer
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #166 on: November 07, 2007, 07:38:13 PM »

Latest update I could find.  Their not giving us much information.

One tidbit:  Will County authorities expect to soon question her two stepchildren - ages 12 and 15 - to see if they can offer any information that will help solve her disappearance.

Good!  Nothing new on Greta's blog, she's been pretty quiet for a while now. 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #167 on: November 07, 2007, 07:42:29 PM »

Stacy Peterson's husband visits courts complex
Drew Peterson's lawyers: 'Nothing to say'

November 7, 2007
BY DAN ROZEK, JOE HOSEY AND STEFANO ESPOSITO

The police sergeant husband of missing Bolingbrook mother Stacy Peterson visited the Will County courthouse complex in Joliet for about two hours this afternoon.

A grand jury is meeting in the building he entered, which also houses the Will County State's Attorney's offices.

» Click to enlarge image Police Sgt. Drew Peterson, whose wife Stacy has been missing since Oct. 28, leaves a Will County building in Joliet with his lawyers Wednesday afternoon.
(Rich Hein/Sun-Times)

But neither Sgt. Drew Peterson nor the two lawyers who accompanied him would say what they were doing there.

"This is an on-going investigation," said attorney Fred Morelli. "We have nothing to say."

Drew Peterson -- clean shaven and dressed in a dark suit and tie -- would not respond to repeated questions from reporters. Moments later -- about 3:30 p.m. -- the sergeant and his lawyers left the courthouse complex in a gray Volkswagen.

State police investigators have said Drew Peterson is not considered a suspect in the disappearance of his wife, who was last heard from by family Oct. 28.

Drew Peterson's ex-wife, Kathleen Savio, drowned in her bathtub in 2004. In light of Stacy Peterson's disappearance, Will County State's Attorney James Glasgow has said they are reviewing the circumstances of her death.

In a late development Tuesday night, Illinois State Police investigators executed a search warrant at the home Stacy Peterson shared with her husband. Authorities offered no details on what they were seeking.

Earlier Tuesday, a smaller-than-expected group of 50 volunteers searched grassy areas along the Des Plaines River near Romeoville and a section of Veterans Woods Forest Preserve, but found no sign of the 23-year-old Stacy Peterson.

The poor weather conditions were blamed for keeping volunteers away and for preventing the all-volunteer Texas EquuSearch Mounted Search and Recovery Team from using its search dogs and an aerial drone.

"We will continue until we find Stacy," said Pam Bosco, a family spokeswoman. "I do believe in the end we will have answers.'"

The search continued today.

Police apparently returned to Peterson's Bolingbrook home late Tuesday afternoon. Two investigators walked around the home's fenced backyard, but didn't enter the home, neighbors said.

Stacy Peterson was last seen Oct. 28 at the home, where she resides with Drew Peterson, their two young children and Drew Peterson's two sons from a previous marriage. Drew Peterson has said he believes his wife left voluntarily, possibly because she had become involved with another man.

Her relatives, though, have disputed that claim, saying she wouldn't leave her children. She had told them in recent days that she feared her husband and planned to divorce him.

Will County authorities expect to soon question her two stepchildren - ages 12 and 15 - to see if they can offer any information that will help solve her disappearance.

"We have plans to do that in the very near future," said Charles Pelkie, a spokesman for Will County State's Attorney James Glasgow. "We want to find out what the kids know about [her] disappearance.''

Minnesota
Scared Monkey

Just My Personal Opinion

« Reply #168 on: November 07, 2007, 07:53:21 PM »

Chicago paper had more info. on Kathleen's demise.  Seems Kathleen's sister was told by DP how "crazy" her sister was.  Not sure what that means.   

Here's the link, a good read on the 3rd wife

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/627832,CST-NWS-boling31.article

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #169 on: November 07, 2007, 08:23:36 PM »

http://cbs2chicago.com/westsuburbanbureau/drew.stacy.peterson.2.538116.html

Nov 7, 2007 6:22 pm US/Central 

Family Of Bolingbrook Cop's Deceased Wife Speaks
Sister Of Drew Peterson's Late Third Wife Says She Thinks He Harmed Her

Reporting
Mike Puccinelli JOLIET, Ill. (CBS) ― The search continues for missing Bolingbrook mother Stacy Peterson. Meanwhile, after not being seen for days, her husband, Drew Peterson, made an appearance in Joliet.

CBS 2 news partner the Naperville Sun saw Drew Peterson leaving the courthouse annex at 3:30 p.m. Wednesday. It was rumored that he would be there for grand jury proceedings but officials would not confirm that.

CBS 2 West Suburban Bureau Chief Mike Puccinelli made a trip to the coroner's office on the fourth floor of that building where Drew Peterson was spotted. An official asked that he leave. When asked if the building was a public building, the official responded, "Not today." That, as prosecutors discussed whether to exhume the body of Drew Peterson's third wife.

Three and a half years after Kathleen Savio was found dead in a bathtub, her sister is speaking out for the first time for her desire to see her youngest sister exhumed from her eternal resting place.

When asked if she would support the exhuming of her sister, Anna Doman said, "Yes, if that's what it takes. In a minute."

That's because Anna Doman says Kathleen always believed that her husband, Drew Peterson, would hurt her.

"She told me she'd never make it to the end of the divorce. She'd never make the property settlement," Anna Doman said. "That's a shame."

Anna Doman said Kathleen Savio told her she knew she would be killed. And although she's never said publicly that she believed Drew Peterson killed Kathleen, she's not holding back anymore.

When asked if she thinks Drew Peterson killed Kathleen Savio, Anna Doman said, "It's hard to say… yeah, I do. …He had the most to gain – money."

She says there was $1 million in life insurance and a more than $600,000 estate that stood to be divided.

"She would have gotten half. Instead she got none," Anna Doman said. "He got it all."

When Kathleen Savio died, Melissa Doman lost her favorite aunt. But she thinks of the woman she called Kitty every time she looks at her daughter.

"When I had my daughter, I named her after my aunt, so that no matter what I'll never forget," Melissa Doman said.

Savio's family will never forget a loving mother and sister, who is always in their hearts, a woman whose story they are telling now because she no longer can.

"How in the world could anyone say it was an accident?" Anna Doman said. "The cut was on the back of her head, and she was on her face in a waterless bathtub. Give me a break."

CBS 2 tried to reach Drew Peterson Wednesday but he did not return calls. Anna Doman says she has not spoken to authorities since Stacy Peterson went missing, but says she is now ready to.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #170 on: November 07, 2007, 08:31:26 PM »

Here is the bath tub that Kathleen Savio allegedly drowned in:

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #171 on: November 07, 2007, 08:35:44 PM »

Posted on CTV from the podcast at Gretablog:

Greta's latest podcast is up .... lots of new stuff.

The family & Tim Miller are meeting with the PD because the family wants the FBI brought in.

DP has full living quarters in the basement of his house, not able to be seen from the outside, and they believe he has been in there the whole time.

Ric is the one that flew up with Tim today, checking out a spot that DP & SP frequented, a remote location where they rode motorcycles.

The attorneys at the house today were criminal attorneys. The grand jury is investigating the combined cases of SP & Katherine as they are intermingled.

http://gretawire.foxnews.com/

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #172 on: November 07, 2007, 08:57:15 PM »

Video with Kathleen Savio's family speaking out:

NM
Monkey Junky

« Reply #173 on: November 07, 2007, 09:21:43 PM »

I don't think I like the sounds of this Ric guy

"I know in my heart there is no foul play," said Ric Mims, friend of Sgt. Peterson. "I will say that again. I believe there is no foul play. I will stand by him 100 percent."

Mims has known the police veteran for two decades and has helped him all week.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=local&id=5739436

Glenda wrote: "aruba's job was not to babysit Beth's daughter. Beth sent her daughter to swim with the sharks, she is responsible for what ever happened to Natalee." = there is no homicide in aruba, only SUICIDE.  Don't go to aruba if you value your life.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #174 on: November 07, 2007, 09:24:28 PM »

"I know in my heart there is no foul play," said Ric Mims, friend of Sgt. Peterson. "I will say that again. I believe there is no foul play. I will stand by him 100 percent."

Yes but if you saw him on Greta last night, he was acting very strange, like he was starting to think some bad had happened to Stacy and Drew might be resposible.  Also, he went up in a plane with Tim Miller today to show an area they Drew would go to.  Maybe he's trying to throw the investigation off, or maybe he's changed his mind about his buddy Drew.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #175 on: November 07, 2007, 09:27:13 PM »

http://www.findstacypeterson.com/

Contact Information

Illinois State Police District 5 - Tip Line

Texas Equu Search - Tip Line

E-Mail Family of Stacy Peterson
findstacypeterson@gmail.com

Find Stacy Peterson Myspace
www.myspace.com/findstacypeterson
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #176 on: November 07, 2007, 09:28:44 PM »

NM
Monkey Junky

« Reply #177 on: November 07, 2007, 09:32:33 PM »

Yes but if you saw him on Greta last night, he was acting very strange, like he was starting to think some bad had happened to Stacy and Drew might be resposible.  Also, he went up in a plane with Tim Miller today to show an area they Drew would go to.  Maybe he's trying to throw the investigation off, or maybe he's changed his mind about his buddy Drew.

Hey K!
I hope he has changed his mind and is seeing the obvious.

TES is amazing!

Glenda wrote: "aruba's job was not to babysit Beth's daughter. Beth sent her daughter to swim with the sharks, she is responsible for what ever happened to Natalee." = there is no homicide in aruba, only SUICIDE.  Don't go to aruba if you value your life.
NM
Monkey Junky

« Reply #178 on: November 07, 2007, 09:37:44 PM »

very interesting on the past actions of dp

Court filings tell story

November 6, 2007
By STEWART WARREN STAFF WRITER
JOLIET -- Although we don't know much about Stacy Peterson's disappearance, we know other things.

They are found in files at the Will County Courthouse.

Knit together, these facts tell something about Bolingbrook Police Sgt. Drew Peterson, the missing woman's much-older husband. For example, while married to another woman, Drew Peterson, 53, owned several businesses and life insurance policies -- and that third wife later was found drowned in a bathtub without any water.

Fourth wife Stacy Peterson, a 23-year-old mother of two, hasn't been seen since Oct. 28. The young woman was supposed to help family members paint a house, but never showed. Drew Peterson claims his wife simply deserted him, but a family member reported her missing.

Savio's death

In early 2002, Drew Peterson and Kathleen Savio, the third wife, began divorce proceedings, according to court documents. They had been married about 10 years and had two children. In late 2003, Will County Judge Susan O'Leary dissolved their marriage. Their divorce was "bifurcated," in this case meaning they were allowed to divorce before their common property was divided, according to court documents.
Then in March 2004, a neighbor found Savio dead in the dry bathtub at her Bolingbrook home. It was an accident, Will County Coroner Patrick K. O'Neil ruled. The 40-year-old woman suffered blunt trauma and a lacerated scalp, injuries consistent with a fall that could have knocked her unconscious, according to the inquest. By that time, Drew Peterson already was involved with the then-Stacy Cales, who was 17 when they met.

After Savio died, there was a Will County probate case to settle her financial affairs. Well-known local lawyer Dick Kavanagh was the public administrator of Will County, a governor-appointed position. Simply put, the public administrator tries to find the fairest way to settle an estate after a death, among other things.

A will emerges

A year after Savio's death and the beginning of the legal proceedings to settle her affairs, a will emerged. It was submitted in court on March 23, 2005. Hand-written in capital letters, it was scrawled across two pieces of lined notebook paper and witnessed by Alex J. Morelli and Gary L. Marcolina.
A man named Alex Morelli is a Bolingbrook police officer, and Herald News archives show a man named Gary Marcolina is a developer in the Crest Hill area.

"This day March 2nd 1997 Drew Walter Peterson and Kathleen Savio Peterson, both being of sound body and mind, do hereby bequeath all of our worldly possessions to each other in the event of either of our individual deaths," begins the will filed with court documents.

If they died together, the couple wanted everything to go to certain people, among them Tom and Kris Peterson, their children, and Eric Drew Peterson and Stephen Paul Peterson, Drew Peterson's children from another relationship.

The will lists some of their assets:

• A Golden Rule life insurance policy valued at $100,000

• A Monumental Life Insurance policy valued at $125,000

• A Prudential Life Insurance policy valued at $308,137.59 -- "Beneficiary Merchants Bank Oswego to pay off note for Sud's Pub in Montgomery," according to the will.

• Bolingbrook Police Pension fund of more than $50,000

• A piece of real estate listed as 9 Clay Court, Montgomery

• The Blue Lightning Corp., or Sud's Pub, 1250 S. Broadway, Montgomery

• Da Page Corp., Fast 'N' Accurate Graphics, 87 Eisenhower South, Lombard

• A quarter interest in CMYK Corp., listed as a printing business in "Lombard-Naperville," according to the will.

Division of property issues

The will names James B. Carroll, Drew Peterson's uncle, executor of the estate, according to a document filed in court by Kavanagh, who apparently had some concerns.
"After my appointment as administrator, I conferred with attorney Harry Smith with respect to the status of the property settlement portion of the divorce proceeding ... (He) advised me that there were three major issues with respect to the division of property ... 1. Whether Kathleen's estate would be entitled to any portion of Drew Peterson's pension; 2. The valuation of the business known as the Blue Lightning Corp., which has been sold with all of the proceeds going to Drew Peterson; and 3. The value of the house, and whether Kathleen Peterson's estate would be entitled to receive not only her one-half of the proceeds of any sale, but an additional portion of the remaining one-half as an offset for the cash taken by Drew Peterson from the sale of the (bar)," Kavanaugh wrote in court documents.

On April 8, 2005, Will County Judge Michael Powers entered a judgment in the financial aspects of the divorce case. It awarded Drew Peterson the Blue Lightning Corp. and all the proceeds from the sale of the couple's home, according to the court documents filed by Kavanagh. The judgment also mentions what seems to be a fourth life insurance policy.

"(It) provided that Drew Peterson would not be obligated to fund any college expenses for the minor children of the parties due to the fact that life insurance on the life of Kathleen in the amount of $1 million had been payable to the children," according to the document.

As part of the judgment, Carroll agreed that some money from Savio's estate should go to someone other than the four children. "The effect of the judgment was to transfer anywhere from $144,117.65 to $288,235.31 (one-half to all of the proceeds of the home sale) from the four children who were the beneficiaries of the estate ... to Drew Peterson," according to court documents.

Kavanagh didn't approve of that move, apparently.

"The actions of (Carroll) were not in the best interest of the estate or the beneficiaries," he wrote in a court document.

Reporter Stewart Warren can be reached at (815) 729-6068 or swarren@scn1.com

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/news/636553,4_1_JO06_MISSING_S2.article

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #179 on: November 07, 2007, 09:42:38 PM »

FYI - Greta is all over this case so be sure to tune in at 9pm and watch.  She'll be covering the latest developments.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.