March 28, 2024, 05:33:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stacy Ann Peterson 23, Bolingbrook IL - Missing 10/28/07 #1  (Read 1029989 times)
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #200 on: November 07, 2007, 11:11:47 PM »

Anyway, I was just wondering with it this cold here, how cold it would be there where they are searching.  Ours is passing but I suspect there once winter sets in, it stays.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #201 on: November 07, 2007, 11:19:27 PM »

Anyway, I was just wondering with it this cold here, how cold it would be there where they are searching.  Ours is passing but I suspect there once winter sets in, it stays.

Anna - this was posted by someone in the area at CTV:

KINSEY wrote:

Hi, from a neighboring town too & I can't do the searches due to back problems, but can tell you, you can donate food or drinks to the volunteers who are searching. Hopefully they will find her before the weekend, but hopefully many more people will come out this weekend to help if needed...Weather is supposed to be very mild & warmer so that may encourage more people to help search.
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #202 on: November 07, 2007, 11:23:48 PM »

It is cold and will stay that way for several months.  Likely the car windows (if outside) will be covered in frost.

It would be hell to be out in the open as it has been windy.  I can usually tolerate the cold, just turned the furnace on Sunday.  However, I had to get out the heavy duty winter coat yesterday.  Fall is just a memory...

It doesn't take much to freeze small ponds, lakes, retention ponds, and waterways.  If a pond is aerated they don't freeze over as quickly.  Even lake Michigan will freeze around the edges.  A lot of people go ice fishing and the small lakes (and other water bodies) stay frozen (a frozen crust you can walk on) until about mid to late March.

The earth will freeze a few feet deep and no one will be digging any holes in the ground.  Pipes freeze and burst inside walls, and under the streets.    

I keep thinking of all the construction.  Much of the construction stops due to the cold and won't start up until spring.  Golfers are out until there is some snow that sticks around.  Golfers are a hardy lot up North and a little cold doesn't scare them off.  

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #203 on: November 07, 2007, 11:32:08 PM »

Posted at CTV:

Snicker

I was just over reading the Bolingbrook message boards on Topix
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/bolingbrook-il

and read a few interesting things:

One poster speculates that DP will never accept the prospect of prison and will either "go on the lamb" or "eat lead."

SP's friends are planning on going to search near the Royce Road quarry area tomorrow (the same area we talked about today)

Many close to the family are hinting that some things will be coming out that will be quite surprising -- much like Greta's tease.

Good BPD officers are upset that DP is giving the entire department a "black eye" and would like to see him brought to justice according to one poster.

One poster is speculation that the reason the family was called to the ISP was to discuss using TES resources to look for Lisa Stebic as well while they are here.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #204 on: November 08, 2007, 12:05:03 AM »

Posted at CTV:

Here's an interesting twist:

STEBIC CHILDREN TESTIFY BEFORE GRAND JURY
Craig Stebic Not Allowed In Grand Jury Room

POSTED: 10:09 pm CST November 7, 2007
UPDATED: 10:45 pm CST November 7, 2007

CHICAGO -- Sources said Wednesday the children of a missing Plainfield woman spoke to a grand jury. NBC5's Anna Davlantes reported that authorities have wanted to talk with the children of Lisa Stebic for months, but their father, Craig, had refused to allow the children to speak to anyone about the case. Lisa Stebic disappeared six months ago

Sources said Stebic and his children came to the Will County Courthouse, where a grand jury had been seated. It was the first time the Stebic children have spoken to anyone investigating the case.

Craig Stebic has been named a "person of interest in the case," and has refused to let his children talk to authorities.

http://www.nbc5.com/news/14537530/d...l=headlineclick

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #205 on: November 08, 2007, 12:21:39 AM »

It gets very cold even this far south but for a couple of days then it always warms back up, like to sixties in day time so nothing ever freezes hard like ponds.  Our water pipes freeze and burst because they are too shallow, just inches under dirt and not wrapped, etc.

Extreme cold would make it much harder to use the dogs searching, too.  Wind also.  The searchers look all bundled up so if this weekend is nice weather, and they have a big turn out on Saturday when some are off from work, maybe that will be all the time they need.

If this man is as he is being portrayed, he has thought this out beforehand, however, and had a place in mind.

The sister of the third wife was saying how he cleaned the bath tub after police were there and gathered up a basket of laundry and took away with him.  Had the neighbors go in to actually find her body even.

He appears to know just how to work the system perfectly and distance himself just enough from the actual event.

I didn't know a parent could prevent children from speaking with authorities.  That is very troubling and doesn't seem right to me.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #206 on: November 08, 2007, 12:27:58 AM »

Those TES guys are tough.  They get the extreme heat and cold both in Texas and they can take lots more than we can I suspect.  Cowboys and all that but the average person showing up to help might not be.  I know they stay warmer walking and moving about, too.

Lots of hot coffee for them would be nice.  I wonder if anyone has contacted local restaurants or if they are afraid to donate or what?

PERSONA NON GRATA

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #207 on: November 08, 2007, 02:20:32 AM »

http://daily-journal.com/bloggers/breakingnews/?p=1588

Coroner: Sergeant’s 3rd wife’s death should have been ’undetermined’
Posted 11/7/2007, 11:24PM, by Gary Bishir
BOLINGBROOK, Ill. (AP) — The 2004 death of a Bolingbrook police sergeant’s third wife should have been ruled “undetermined,” the Will County coroner said Wednesday.
No charges were filed after Drew Peterson’s former wife Kathleen Savio, 40, drowned in a bathtub in March 2004 and a coroner’s jury ruled the death accidental. Peterson’s fourth wife, Stacy Peterson, has been missing for 11 days, prompting authorities to review Savio’s death.

“Certain aspects of Kathleen Savio’s death raised concerns for me as well. In my professional opinion … at the very least, her death should have been ruled ’undetermined,”’ Coroner Patrick O’Neil said in a statement. “The coroner’s jury unfortunately ruled otherwise.”
At the 2004 inquest, the coroner said Savio drowned, even though there was no water in the bathtub when she was found. Investigators have theorized that the water must have drained out of the tub.

Savio had obtained an order of protection in 2002, alleging a pattern of physical abuse and threats, according to court records. Drew Peterson has denied having anything to do with his ex-wife’s death.

On Wednesday, searchers organized by the private group Texas EquuSearch combed areas looking for 23-year-old Stacy Peterson, who was reported missing Oct. 29. Illinois State Police say her disappearance is being investigated as a missing persons case.

Drew Peterson visited the Will County courthouse complex in Joliet for about two hours on Wednesday. The building houses the Will County state’s attorney’s offices, along with grand juries and other court services.

“This is an ongoing investigation,” Peterson attorney Fred Morelli told the Chicago Sun-Times. “We have nothing to say.”

Drew Peterson, 53, a sergeant in the Bolingbrook Police Department, has said his wife phoned him and told him she had left voluntarily for another man. But Stacy Peterson’s family has said she feared her husband, was making plans to divorce him and would not have willingly left her children.

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #208 on: November 08, 2007, 06:11:50 AM »

That general area is full of hotels, meeting rooms, restaurants - fast food and otherwise.  I wonder if TES has a contact person in the area?

The area borders DuPage County (someone mentioned this county earlier) and DuPage is well developed.  I remember those areas being very generous with regard to donations, it was always a matter of finding someone to ask and pick up the donated items.

Bolingbrook just got a major development that includes a Macy's, Bass Pro Shop, Panera, and many of the other big box retailers.  There seems to be a McDonald's every 5 minutes down the road.  The older parts of Bolingbrook are smaller and working class.  The newer parts have million dollar homes and golf courses.  Bolingbrook is a nice mix of people, and the community has done a lot to make themselves family friendly. 

If someone were going to hide or dispose of a body, that would be the area to do it in.  There are so many possibilities.  If someone has lived in the area, they know where the isolated parts of the communities are.

Dumpsters - shopping malls, stores, apartment/condo complexes, construction site, restaurants, public parks, forest preserves, etc.  Garbage pickup is probably more than once a week, and automated. 

Someone posted information about a business in 'Lombard' - a community a few miles away.  I've been to that business park and a few around it.  Older, no view from the street, secluded in the midst of development.  I think it would have been easy to put something in a dumpster, no one would see you.  Deserted.  Garbage pickup has already happened a few times since she disappeared.

That area also has a lot of animal and people organizations.  I wonder if anyone has contacted them on behalf of searchers?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Jennifer34
Scared Monkey

« Reply #209 on: November 08, 2007, 09:33:31 AM »

Wow, unless some leads come up, it looks like it will be near impossible to find her.  Sad  Thanks for the insight Whiskey Girl.

Anna, I am in Birmingham and it does seem strange for it to be this cold already.  Like you, I am ready for it to pass.  I can barely stand it in January & Feb, much less November.  I would never survive up North. 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #210 on: November 08, 2007, 09:54:07 AM »

From Gretawire:

November 8th, 2007 7:58 AM Eastern
THURSDAY - How Crazy Can This Business Get? (Don’t Answer…)
by Greta Van Susteren

It is Thursday morning and I am in NYC — but I expect to head back to DC late morning unless OTR Steph Watts call me from Illinois to divert there.  We have been working on an interview there and I have been on standby for days….ready to go.  I figure the chances are great today for the simple reason I don’t have any clothes packed with me here in NYC and these things always happen at the worst times.

Incidentally, to answer the question, “how crazy can this business get?” - I need to give you some behind the scenes from yesterday.  Early yesterday morning I got acall (which turned out to be FALSE FALSE FALSE information) that Sgt. Drew Peterson’s first wife had coinicidentally died the night before of natural causes.   Steph and Cory (OTR Producer Cory Howard) began that investigation (meanwhile they had a ton of other things to do in Illinois.)  Their investigation was hampered by the fact that wife # 1 lives (yes, LIVES) in another state.  As the day passed, a SECOND person said the wife #1 died the night before.   Now we had two sources, but it just did not seem right (so we did not, of course, report it) and we were also fearful that our 2 sources were really one source — that they had both learned the information (false) from the same person.

Well….it was not until about 7pm that we confirmed that wife #1 is ALIVE AND WELL (and that it was just a crazy - and lousy - rumor floating around Bolingbrook, Illinois.)

This is not the only rumor that we have had to chase down…and yes, in virtually every story we get rumors that we chase down that turn out to be false (sometimes true…)  It makes us crazy to have to do it - especially since we have so much else to do on the stories during the day.  But what is our choice, not chase down them?   So…that’s the inside story…and you have to figure that for all we do know and tell you on the air, there is lots we have done behind the scenes that turns out to be zero and just wasted energy

http://gretawire.foxnews.com/2007/11/08/thursday-how-crazy-can-this-business-get-dont-answer/#comments
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #211 on: November 08, 2007, 11:26:22 AM »

Drew Peterson yesterday 11/07/07

Jennifer34
Scared Monkey

« Reply #212 on: November 08, 2007, 11:42:53 AM »

Hey Klass, where can you read the letter by KS?  I cant seem to locate it.

Thanks!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #213 on: November 08, 2007, 11:59:37 AM »

Thanks!

I posted a screen capture from this video.  My screen capture is actually easier to read than trying to see it in the video.  Here's the link to the entire video those screen captures came off of:

http://cbs2chicago.com/video/?id=37083@wbbm.dayport.com

Coroner questions 3rd wifes death
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #214 on: November 08, 2007, 12:09:16 PM »

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/640831,CST-NWS-boling08.article

Search for answers
QUESTIONS FOR HUSBAND | Drew Peterson called before grand jury as hunt for wife goes on

November 8, 2007
BY DAN ROZEK, STEFANO ESPOSITO AND KARA SPAK Staff Reporters
Eleven days after Stacy Peterson vanished, her police officer husband was called to testify Wednesday before a Will County grand jury.

Hours later, Coroner Patrick O'Neil said the 2004 death of Bolingbrook police Sgt. Drew Peterson's previous wife should not have been ruled accidental.

"Certain aspects of Kathleen Savio's death raised concerns for me, as well," O'Neil said in a statement released Wednesday night. "...It was my opinion that, at the very least, her death should have been ruled 'undetermined.' The [six-member] coroner's jury, unfortunately, ruled otherwise."

Accompanied by two lawyers, Drew Peterson spent about two hours Wednesday afternoon inside a Will County office building in downtown Joliet, then left hurriedly about 3:30 p.m.

Peterson, 53, who was clean-shaven and dressed in a dark suit and tie, didn't respond to questions from reporters as he hustled out of the building with one attorney, then jumped into a waiting car driven by another lawyer.

Lawyer: '... nothing to say'
"This is an ongoing investigation," attorney Fred Morelli said as he left the building with Peterson. "We have nothing to say."

Through a spokesman, Will County State's Attorney James Glasgow declined to comment on whether Peterson was called before the grand jury or why he was in the building across the street from the Will County Courthouse. It holds several courtrooms and a number of county offices, including Glasgow's office.

But sources confirmed that Peterson was called before a grand jury, which hears testimony from witnesses and has the power to return indictments against criminal suspects.

Stacy Peterson's sister, Cassandra Cales, said family members were told that Drew Peterson had been called before a grand jury but otherwise had little information.

Cales said Wednesday that relatives weren't told if the grand jury was specifically looking at the Oct. 28 disappearance of Stacy Peterson or if it was considering the death of Savio, Drew Peterson's third wife.

Savio was found dead in a bathtub in her Bolingbrook home after her divorce from Drew Peterson. The 2004 death was ruled accidental, but since Stacy Peterson's disappearance, Will County authorities have said they are reviewing the case. Cales said she's not upset if the grand jury is focusing on Savio's death. "I don't mind people looking into that," Cales said.

"We just know he was called in," added Pam Bosco, a spokeswoman for Stacy Peterson's family. "We just hope it was for Stacy's case."

Illinois State Police investigating the disappearance of 23-year-old Stacy Peterson have repeatedly said that her husband is not a suspect and declined to say whether they think she was a victim of foul play.

"We're still focused on finding Stacy," said Trooper Mark Dorencz, a State Police spokesman. "This is a missing persons case."

Drew Peterson has said in interviews that he thinks his wife of four years left him voluntarily -- perhaps for another man.

Relatives have disputed that claim, saying the mother of two young children would never disappear for days without contacting someone. Bosco described Stacy as someone "who was always in contact with her family."

100 volunteers on the lookout
Cales and other family members met for about an hour with State Police on Wednesday, but Cales declined to offer details about the meeting.

The meeting and grand jury appearance took place as nearly 100 volunteers continued looking across the region for Stacy Peterson.

Volunteers on horseback scoured vacant land along the Des Plaines River near Romeoville, while other searchers used sonar equipment to check ponds in Plainfield, and an airplane fitted with a high-resolution camera scouted for signs of the missing woman.

Contributing: Joe Hosey, Herald News

Coroner on ex-wife's death: It wasn't an accident
Wednesday, Nov. 7, 2007 statement from Will County Coroner Patrick O'Neil regarding the 2004 inquest into the death of Kathleen Savio, third wife of Bolingbrook police Sgt. Drew Peterson:

"My legal obligation as the coroner is to preside over inquests and to present testimony and evidence on all unnatural deaths to a coroner's jury in a neutral fashion. This is exactly what I did while presiding over the inquest in the death of Kathleen Savio.

"The six-member coroner's jury heard testimony from police and reviewed toxicology, autopsy and police reports involving the investigation into Kathleen Savio's death. In addition, the coroner's jury heard concerns voiced by Kathleen Savio's family members that they believed certain aspects of her death were suspicious.

"After hearing all the evidence, the coroner's jury convened in private and ruled that the manner of Kathleen Savio's death was an accident. The cause was listed as drowning.

"Certain aspects of Kathleen Savio's death raised concerns for me, as well. In my professional opinion, having served at the time as the coroner for 14 years, it was my opinion that, at the very least, her death should have been ruled 'undetermined.' The coroner's jury, unfortunately, ruled otherwise.

"At the time, I had every confidence the police agency that investigated her death would present its reports to the state's attorney's office for review. Sgt. Pat Collins of the Illinois State Police obtained the assistance of State's Attorney's [Jeff] Tomczak's office on March 3, 2004 in his investigation. Any criminal charges that might have resulted against any individual would have been the responsibility of the former state's attorney

"It must be noted that a state's attorney's office may file criminal charges in a case regardless of a ruling by a coroner's jury that a death is accidental of the investigation warrants such charges.

"Finally, a change in state law that took effect in January 2007 gave Illinois coroners the option of bypassing the jury process and ruling on the manner of death independently, based upon their professional review of the evidence in a death investigation. This option has enabled coroners to remove a great deal of uncertainty from the process. Had this option been available in 2004, the ruling in this case would have been different."

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #215 on: November 08, 2007, 12:12:43 PM »

Thanks!

Here's the letter:

http://www.amw.com/pdf/petersonletter.pdf
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #216 on: November 08, 2007, 12:16:32 PM »

Wow, unless some leads come up, it looks like it will be near impossible to find her.  Sad  Thanks for the insight Whiskey Girl.

Anna, I am in Birmingham and it does seem strange for it to be this cold already.  Like you, I am ready for it to pass.  I can barely stand it in January & Feb, much less November.  I would never survive up North. 

Well, I just hope like most control freaks DP is afraid to let any remains out of his control and has done something foolish to keep control of them, IF he is guilty of wrong doing in this instance.

Jennifer, these heat pumps just don't work well when it is this cold, at least I have never had one that did.  Mine ran all night and it was still chilly.  This could have been agricultural disaster but the drought had already killed everything here anyway.

Hang on!  Gradual warming trend is on the way.

PERSONA NON GRATA

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #217 on: November 08, 2007, 12:17:07 PM »

Kathleen Savio letter - PG1

Kathleen Savio letter - PG2

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #218 on: November 08, 2007, 12:26:04 PM »

http://gretawire.foxnews.com/

November 8th, 2007 12:18 PM Eastern

This Press Release is - in my view - SHOCKING
by Greta Van Susteren

This is very, very interesting….as you know, we have been looking into the death of Sgt. Peterson’s wife #3 in the bathtub. It was ruled an accident in 2004- see below.  Was it? and Worse, why was it? We got the autopsy to double check it since we wanted to be thorough in covering this story. What we read stunned us. We read in her autopsy report that her hair was full of blood and that she had bruises. It certainly looked suspicious to me…but what do I know? I went to law school…not medical school! So we showed it to an expert - Dr. Baden - and Dr. Baden said her death is a homicide. I asked him if it were a “close” question and he said no. Then we continued to probe and probe and probe…our producers went to the coroner’s office and we talked to the police and called the prosecutor’s office. The coroner himself is now speaking out — but I am more scandalized than before. Yes, it is a coroner’s jury that decides…but if you read his release (see the red below), he was likewise suspicious and what did he do???? ZERO …or close to ZERO…read below and then POST YOUR COMMENT: WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THIS????

(snipped)

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #219 on: November 08, 2007, 12:26:59 PM »

November 8th, 2007 12:06 PM Eastern

Your Guess is As Good As Mine..

by Greta Van Susteren

Check out the email I just received from OTR producer Cory Howard who is in Illinois covering the disappearance of Sgt. Peterson’s wife Stacy…..I have no further explanation for it..other than that Steph is another producer and Mark is former LAPD Detective Mark Furham…but it does give you a bit of the behind the scenes of our show…

To: Cooper, Meade; Van Susteren, Greta
Sent: Thu Nov 08 11:17:50 2007
Subject:

Myself mark and steph are in the woods may lose service… Just an fyi… If ur trying to reach us

Of course I can’t call them to find out….they have lost service…..so like you, I am guessing where they are and what they are doing….go figure…

http://gretawire.foxnews.com/

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.