March 28, 2024, 02:23:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stacy Ann Peterson 23, Bolingbrook IL - Missing 10/28/07 #1  (Read 1029958 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #380 on: November 12, 2007, 12:53:50 AM »

Search firm's chief heads to South to help find missing teens
Crews to focus on water before ice sets in

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...hi_tab01_layout

Highlights:
The director of a national search firm that has been scouring fields and woods for Stacy Peterson said Sunday he is leaving Illinois to start searches for two missing teens in the South. Tim Miller, founder and director of Texas EquuSearch, has been organizing daily searches for the mother of two who was last seen by her husband Oct. 28.

Miller said he spent Sunday reviewing last week's findings, including hundreds of aerial images. In the coming days, volunteers will scale back the ground search and concentrate on bodies of water before icy temperatures make those searches impossible, he said. "I don't think it's going to be long" before searchers uncover something, he said. He added, however, that he felt the same way last Monday. Miller said he is leaving because of searches for missing teenagers in Alabama and Georgia but would return to Bolingbrook midweek. "I will be back," he said.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #381 on: November 12, 2007, 12:56:40 AM »

http://blogs.chicagotribune.com/news_columnists_ezorn/2007/11/savio.html

If Kathleen Savio was murdered, other, terrible questions loom

The urgent question, "What happened to Stacy Peterson?" is now at least temporarily eclipsed by the question, "Why wasn't the cause of Kathleen Savio's death investigated more thoroughly back in 2004?"

Savio (right) was the third wife of Bolingbrook Police Sgt. Drew Peterson, and she was found dead in her bathtub shortly before their divorce was to be finalized.

Stacy Peterson (left) is, of course, Sgt. Peterson's fourth wife , and her Oct. 29 disappearance has become the latest in the sad series of real-life  mysteries that grip cable-news watchers coast to coast. 

Friday, when the Illinois State Police took the highly unusual step of naming Sgt. Peterson a suspect in his wife's disappearance, we learned from Will County prosecutors that,  gee, in retrospect, Savio's death three years ago had "signs indicating it was a homicide."

Savio's  wounds and the blood evidence were inconsistent with the ruling  made at the time that she'd accidentally drowned in the tub, prosecutors said.

In their petition, prosecutors wrote that the head wound "did not render her unconscious" and that "evidence is consistent with the 'staging' of an accident to conceal a homicide."

"The abrasions that were seen on her left buttock and her elbow are not the type of injuries that would occur on a smooth surface as those in the tub area," Will County State's Atty. James Glasgow said....

"No one drowns in a bathtub without being unconscious," Glasgow said, adding the (independent  medical) examiner will look for "fractures of bones [and] subcutaneous bruises that could indicate choking or other injuries" (in a new autopsy)...

Glasgow appeared to back up members of Savio's family who have said Peterson threatened to kill her and abused her physically, but that police and prosecutors never charged him.

Was the earlier ruling an oversight?  An error made in haste? Or did Sgt. Peterson get the  benefit of  doubt in the murder investigation and in the domestic abuses cases because of his status as a police officer? And who is ultimately accountable for these decisions?

Such questions demands furious scrutiny: If the suspicions of the Illinois State Police prove true,   Stacy Peterson may have paid for that ruling with her life.

Patti
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #382 on: November 12, 2007, 04:07:47 AM »

I just read the autopsy report on Kathleen Savio - Shocking!

I am not a doctor, but after reading the report, it appears that there was a struggle.  There is bruising on her arms, thighs and hands not to mention the contusion to the head.  The finger prints to the chest area could indicate that she was pushed or held under water.  However, I read that there was no water in the tub.  The findings of drowning is based on the cone of mucus found in the nose.  Is it possible that she may have been beaten in that tub, or, merely, placed in the tub after the fact?

Surely, if she had drowned in the tub, after hitting her head, the hair would be washed clean of most, if not all of the blood.  However, the description of there being dried blood throughout the hair indicates to me that there was no water in the tub, in which she was supposed to have drowned in.

Another thing that is troubling is the condition of the lungs.  The autopsy doesn't mention any fluid in the lungs.  And again the doctor clearly states that he bases his conclusion on the fluid that had discharged and formed a cone from the nostils, she may have simply had a cold, as the autopsy clearly states that there was a minimal sign of bronchitis.  She may not have drowned, at all.

Drowning or no, the other injuries, especially the brusing at the elbows indicate, to me that she was pushed (again consistent with the finger prints to the chest area) and probably fell, catching herself on her elbows at such a force that would cause a bruising of that area.  The bruising of the right index finger is classically what is called a "defensive wound" and is consistant with her taking a beating.

Now the only question is:

How does a coroner ignore the obvious and indicate a, mere, drowning when a person is displaying signs of a struggle?  How can a woman who, according to the autopsy, is in good health come to have a contusion to the skull area?  Surely, there is no indication of a heart attack, aneurysum, or stroke.  There is nothing, that would indicate that the blow to the head could have come from passing out from natural causes.  Besides, while people slip in bathtubs and drown all the time, that is pretty hard to do with no water present.

There is somthing very wrong in Will County that has been ignored.  Had there been a fair investigation into the death of Kathleen Savio, Stacy Peterson would still be with us.

I suggest that Will County check their records for any unsolved cases in their area involving the beating deaths of women, even prostitutes.  Obviously, this officer of the law would have had plenty of opportunities to come in contact with women both in dating and in the execution of his job.

Patti

Something
Bad Happened!

But Aruba says...
Joran is innocent
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #383 on: November 12, 2007, 07:10:57 AM »

As far as I could tell -- and I just came home from there after being there since Monday -- the ISP has not done a thing to support the search. As a matter of fact, I went with Tim to an interview in front of Drew's house yesterday and we got there just in time for it to start --it was live -- Tim parked on the curb where the cul de sac curved. The ISP told someone else that was with us that Tim needed to moved his car because he was parked too far out in the street from the curb. WTF!!??? So there's the support from the ISP!

Also a suspecious spot was found--suspecious enough to call in LE to check it out. This was the first time they were called out all week for anything. I went with LE and Tim to check it out and LE said that yes it did look like it could be something and they would take a good look at it on Tuesday. Again WTF????!!!!

(Can you tell it frustrates me? LOL)

Marlee....Thanks for the update..and thanks to both you and Old Fart for giving of yourselves to help find the missing. And if I missed any Monkeys...I apologize!

Wonder if this is an ego thing that TES runs into so many roadblocks with local LE agencies. Seems they should want all the help they can get! Sad
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #384 on: November 12, 2007, 09:14:17 AM »

I think the storage unit is a possibility.  That surrounding area has quite a few.  From memory, here are some that are older and not as secure as they make newer facilities.  Nonsecure = no fence, security card/number access, no video, etc.  I'm not sure if anyone would notice if someone left a body in a locker. 

There are also quite a few vacant industrial/commercial buildings. 

Here is a map of county forest preserves, for the county north Bolingbrook, "DuPage County".  I believe the Peterson home would be in the rectangular area that is used for a 'key', lower left hand corner.  For reference, note "O'Hare" airport upper right corner of this map.   Also note where '355' and '55' would meet at the bottom of the map.

http://www.dupageforest.com/preserves/preserves.html

Here is a map of the "Will County" forest preserve district.  In the 'orange' colored section (click to expand) you can see Bolingbrook in the upper right hand corner.  Much of Will County is not developed.

http://www.fpdwc.org/countymap.cfm

For those that are 'map' inclined, note the junction of '355' and '55' is at the eastern boundary of Bolingbrook.

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #385 on: November 12, 2007, 10:24:58 AM »

Yesterday in the Topix Bolingbrook forum, a posted said that DP brother was in the hospital and he had confessed to helping Drew put SP in a 55ga drum, poured cement in it and disposed of the body.  Then they said DP brother was in the hospital.  Most people have decided it was false info.

flo
Plainfield, IL  Reply »
|Report Abuse |#8 14 hrs ago

I heard that drew's bro flipped while bing interviewed and is now on the 2nd floor at st joe's hosp. the brother confessed to helping drew stuff the body in a 55gal drum and pouring concrete in with it..then they dumped her in a body of water, but he couldn't remember where.

http://www.topix.com/city/bolingbrook-il/2007/11/cop-once-fired-over-claim-of-betrayal

This morning on Greta's blog a local did say that DP's brother is in the hospital but they don't know what for.

Comment by The Brook
November 12th, 2007 at 7:14 am

The brother is in the St Joes Hospital

http://gretawire.foxnews.com/2007/11/11/why-did-stacy-marry-sgt-peterson/#comments

Followups by Flo:

flo
Plainfield, IL  Reply »
|Report Abuse |#22 56 min ago
cant reveal my source but it is someone very very close to the investigation..also found out that it was actually a 30gal plastic drum 

flo
Plainfield, IL  Reply »
|Report Abuse |#23 53 min ago
oh and im speaking of the peterson case

http://www.topix.com/city/bolingbrook-il/2007/11/cop-once-fired-over-claim-of-betrayal/p2

« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 06:24:59 PM by klaasend » Logged
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #386 on: November 12, 2007, 10:55:03 AM »

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/645671,CST-NWS-Boling12.article

Volunteers to search again today for Stacy Peterson

November 12, 2007
BY ANNIE SWEENEY Staff Reporter

The volunteer search for Stacy Peterson will resume this morning, the family of the missing Bolingbrook woman said.

The search for Peterson, who was last seen Oct. 28, was halted Sunday at the request of Illinois State Police, a family spokeswoman said.

Pam Bosco said State Police asked them to hold off Sunday, but this could not be confirmed with investigators. Texas Equusearch, the rescue group leading the search for Peterson, a 23-year-old mother of two, had already planned to take a break Sunday to review its maps.

"We were told as the investigation got more in-depth, they wanted it to be more controlled," Bosco said, referring to the rescue group.

Volunteers who showed up Sunday to help search were asked to distribute leaflets. But the ground search will resume at 8 a.m. today at Westbrook Christian Church, 1175 Lily Cache Lane in Bolingbrook.

"I believe we will resolve this," Bosco said. "We don't want to lose hope that we're going to find her. We'll eventually find the answers and resolve this case."

Peterson's husband, Bolingbrook police Sgt. Drew Peterson, has been named a suspect in her disappearance.

Investigators are also reviewing the death of Peterson's third wife, Kathleen Savio, who was found dead in her bathtub in 2004.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #387 on: November 12, 2007, 11:58:00 AM »

November 12th, 2007 11:50 AM Eastern
Email from The Scene: FNC’s Jeff Goldblatt Outside Sgt. Peterson’s Home
by Greta Van Susteren
Email just received from FNC’s Jeff Goldblatt: 

The email below is to just give you the behind the scenes…it takes you inside our work….and also note how rumors arise, and we are compelled to chase them down ….just in case they are true:

To: Van Susteren, Greta
Sent: Mon Nov 12 11:39:30 2007
Subject: Morning

There is rampant speculation out here in Bolingbrook among some of my competitors covering this story. The latest rumor: that a relative or friend of Drew Peterson has committed suicide, because the heat of police questioning got to him. It’s mind boggling how misinformation gets spread on some of these stories. Then again, it’s our business to gather information, and you still have to turn a story, even when police aren’t talking.

FYI: the Will County State’s Attorney will not reveal when the exhumation of the body of Kathleen Savio will take place. However, it seems as if today is unlikely, because of the observance of Veteran’s Day. Typically, this is a day for families to visit cemeteries to pay respects to loved ones, and it seems implausible that a high-profile exhumation would take place, and potentially disrupt those visiting other gravesites.

Have a good one…

Note: Jeff emailed me again to make sure you know that neither Sgt. Peterson’s brother nor Ric Mims (his friend) is dead. The above is meant just to show you how rumors send us scrambling…

http://gretawire.foxnews.com/
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 01:14:20 PM by klaasend » Logged
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #388 on: November 12, 2007, 02:47:19 PM »

Posted on Greta's blog:

Comment by Katie
November 12th, 2007 at 2:40 pm
Greta, could you find out if Drew’s attorney (Fred Morelli) is at all related to Alex Morelli, the Bolingbrook policeman who witnessed the ’supposed’ will of Kathleen Savio.

Maybe someone from Bolingbrook would know.

Comment by The Brook
November 12th, 2007 at 2:44 pm
Katie they are 100 percent related….

Comment by The Brook
November 12th, 2007 at 2:46 pm
Alex is now retired from the police department

Update:  a couple of other Bolingbrook residents have indicated that Alex is NOT retired.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 04:39:42 PM by klaasend » Logged
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #389 on: November 12, 2007, 04:37:56 PM »

Posted on Greta's blog:

Comment by Will County
November 12th, 2007 at 4:25 pm

I spent every day last week working with EquuSearch on the ground searching for Stacy Peterson. I also worked the weekend prior with family and friends of Stacy searching a nearby preserve. I do not know Stacy nor did I know the family or any close friends prior to the search efforts.

Plainfield Mom who has posted here so graciously brought food for the EquuSearch volunteers today. She is a wonderful person and is always willing to help. She also helped in the massive Lisa Stebic search at Silver Springs State Park and she attended the six month vigil that was held for Lisa a couple of weeks ago (where I met her in person).

I am currently active in the search for the missing mother of two, Lisa Stebic. From 9:00 AM to nearly 7:00 PM all day yesterday, Sunday, another devoted person and I searched for her remains. The other individual is just as dedicated as I am to finding the remains of Lisa Stebic. We will not give up and pray that Justice will be served. It is very important to both of us that justice be served.

The ground search for Stacy was terminated for Sunday and the focus now is on the water by utilizing sonar technology as the information EquuSearch is in possession of lead them to believe this is where she will be found. It appears that there will be limited ground searching done with horses and on foot. Through my close friend, we were able to provide Tim Miller of EquuSearch a helicopter on Wednesday (or Thursday) of last week and then arranged for a plane on Saturday (no helicopter available on such short notice) for the search efforts. There is a lot of water area to cover in this region. I heard the helicopter pilot was amazing, allowing them in very remote areas and getting almost close enough to reach out and touch the ground.

It is so wonderful to see so many people coming together in a united front searching for nearly a needle in a haystack all in the efforts to give the family hope and to see that justice will eventually be served. Most of us on this planet are still a really great bunch of people! Everyone pat your back if you fit into this great bunch!

With respect to the media being on top of the search efforts in live fashion; I understand this is the hottest story since Lisa Stebic went missing but I also understand the delicate nature of the situation and the mindset of the beast behind the crime, as is apparent by the way he hides under his cowboy bandanna covering his face. I pray that the media does NOT get a hold of any information about a legitimate discovery of the body until AFTER the man is arrested, or at least if they do get a hold of such information they wait until after an arrest is made to broadcast it. I fear that prior knowledge of a legitimate find will lead him on a “Jim Jones” mentality path and he will not only take his own life but that of his children as well. We must all take special note to remember the children in all of this for they are victims and will continue to be victims over and over gain for a long time to come.

The man [Drew Peterson] is a coward and it is apparent that he choses to not do what is right. I realize that one is presume innocent until proven guilty but I also know that just because one is “presumed” innocent doesn’t mean that it’s not possible for their guiltiness to be as obvious as a fat dog.

I beg the media to please report “responsibly” in this delicate and highly stressful situation. More than using kid gloves, please, tread wisely; always with the thought of the well being of those children in mind and what could potentially happen to them should the person who has them in their care feel threatened by the information that is being presented in live media coverage.

Love your reporting, Greta.

http://gretawire.foxnews.com/2007/11/12/email-from-fncs-jeff-goldblatt-outside-sgt-petersons-home/#comments
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #390 on: November 12, 2007, 04:44:53 PM »

So we are not the only ones worried sick about these kids!

Where is DHS or whatever it's called there?

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #391 on: November 12, 2007, 05:03:43 PM »

I asked the same question a couple of days ago...then I heard on the news this morning (can't remember what station--Fox, perhaps) that DHS or whatever for Illinois cannot do anything until he is arrested. Sounds pretty weird to me, but that is what was said.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #392 on: November 12, 2007, 05:06:34 PM »

I asked the same question a couple of days ago...then I heard on the news this morning (can't remember what station--Fox, perhaps) that DHS or whatever for Illinois cannot do anything until he is arrested. Sounds pretty weird to me, but that is what was said.

I don't believe that because people have said he was "acting crazy."  Not all people acting crazy get arrested.

Sounds like he has some more of those friends of his in Children's Services to me.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Jennifer34
Scared Monkey

« Reply #393 on: November 12, 2007, 05:20:59 PM »

No kidding Anna, you know you hear everyday of people loosing custody of their childred for way less than this ... If and when they do arrest him, how is that going to work with the children?  It's almost like setting them up to be in a bad situation.  We could only hope and pray there is much more going on than we are aware of ... Who takes responsibility if God forbid something does happen?  Oh, yeah, AFTER the fact, we get the president to sign some law?

I just hope a pray for the children it doesnt turn out to be too little too late type of situation.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #394 on: November 12, 2007, 05:21:52 PM »

I know...it's INSANE!! They need to get in there.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #395 on: November 12, 2007, 05:49:44 PM »

I wonder if they are already afraid to approach him on this for fear of what he would do?  They need to get him far away from the children like ask him to come to police station to ID something or other and then snatch them while he is away.

But I bet he would take the kids to the station with him.  I think he is already using them as a sort of shield, too.  I sure hope I am wrong but does anybody else get that feeling or is it just me?

PERSONA NON GRATA

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #396 on: November 12, 2007, 05:53:33 PM »

The reason I ask is I believe when many people get a gut feeling, it's usually right.  Unfortunately. 

PERSONA NON GRATA

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #397 on: November 12, 2007, 05:58:57 PM »

REMINDER - TONIGHT 9PM ET

The Dana Pretzer Show on Scared Monkeys Radio - Listen LIVE Monday, November 12 at 9PM Eastern - Guests Include Pam Bosco, Tim Miller and Wendy Murphy

Dana’s guests this week include:

Pam Bosco, close friend of Bolingbrook, IL missing person Stacy Peterson.

Tim Miller, founder of Texas Equusearch, discussing TES’s recent searches including that of Brandi Laurent.

Wendy Murphy, former District Attorney, Law Professior and author of the book And Justice For Some: An Expose of the Lawyers and Judges Who let Dangerous Criminals Go Free.

ALSO TONIGHT 10PM EASTERN - GRETA WILL COVER THE PETERSON CASE
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #398 on: November 12, 2007, 06:04:44 PM »

Also - in a couple of minutes, Greta will be posting a new GRETACAST with Ric Mims.  Gretacast is like a podcast.  This is most likely a telephone interview Greta did with Ric.

http://gretawire.foxnews.com/2007/11/12/a-new-gretacast-about-to-be-posted/1968/
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #399 on: November 12, 2007, 07:16:43 PM »

I have been following this case, but not closely enough. Where are wife numbers one and two ?
I will listen to Dana's show. I really like Wendy Murphy. She tells it like it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.