April 16, 2024, 07:57:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stacy Ann Peterson 23, Bolingbrook IL - Missing 10/28/07 #1  (Read 1032207 times)
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #480 on: November 14, 2007, 04:28:37 PM »

Rob, The children with Kathleen Savio stood to collect a million dollars in insurance money according to DP and guess who is basically in charge of that and has made major transfers to himself?

hmm... why would she need a million? future income?

If her children were named the primary beneficiaries there was no way he could get it.. unless he was named the guardian of the children. There could be some malfeasance here, but this is hard to prove if he is the guardian.

If her children were the contingent beneficiaries then the money would have been left to her husband - Drew. He could do whatever he wanted to do legally. Had Drew died before the children, then the children would have moved into the primary slot.

Insurance is often used for fraud. It's hard to prove in a case like this.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #481 on: November 14, 2007, 04:34:33 PM »

There are several previous posts on the insurance and the attorney representing her estate protesting and then even yet another will leaving everything to DP written on an envelop and witnessed by a couple of his friends.

Very convoluted but it was I think three smaller policies, not one big one.  Posts about it are in this thread somewhere.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #482 on: November 14, 2007, 04:35:36 PM »

And Stacey had legally ADOPTED them which means in the event of a divorce, she could have possibly ended up with custody of them and their money.

Couldn't have that, could he?

Adoption v Guardian.

She could adopt them. And did. Even a 70 year old man could adopt a 40 year old man that have no relation. It's not against the law. And it's happened.

In the event of a divorce, and she was proven to be the more competent and financially stable, she could get the kids. Even if she was not more financially stable a judge could rule that DP is liable for all future support til age 18 of all the kids.

However, not too many justices are going to go against a cop with no record (that we know of)....taking into account that had SP not disappeared and simple divorced DP.. there prolly would have never been an investigation into the death of Ms. Savio.

Does DP have a motive involving divorce v disappearance? probably yes. Could be either financial or emotional.

+++

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #483 on: November 14, 2007, 04:37:08 PM »

I do know that whoever owns the insurance policy can say who the beneficiary is.  Example, I own one on EvilX but he has no say about it.  I am the owner and he is just the insured, hahahahaha!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #484 on: November 14, 2007, 04:38:36 PM »

I do know that whoever owns the insurance policy can say who the beneficiary is.  Example, I own one on EvilX but he has no say about it.  I am the owner and he is just the insured, hahahahaha!

Court ordered this way, too, BTW.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #485 on: November 14, 2007, 04:41:08 PM »

I would have to guess that the letter Kathleen Savio wrote to the DA saying DP was going to kill her combined with Stacey saying she feared the same thing or maybe Stacey had learned something incriminating to DP over the years might have given her custody.

Speaking of those little kids, why does he STILL have them????  That is maddening!

If he is acting crazy as his friend said, they should have already been removed. 

PERSONA NON GRATA

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #486 on: November 14, 2007, 04:41:56 PM »

He told his friend who lived near wife #3 that he was trying to drop off his kids for the past day and a half and didn't understand why she wasn't answering the door.  He pulled up in his police car and asked the neighbor to go to the house because he has a lock smith coming to the house.  Geez this gets worse and worse.

What ever happened to calling her sister or trying her on the phone.  I'll tell you what happened because he already killed her.  This guy had a lot of time to cover his tracks.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #487 on: November 14, 2007, 04:45:31 PM »

Husband of Stacy Peterson Says Wife Asked for Divorce 'Based on Menstrual Cycle'

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,311712,00.html

PERSONA NON GRATA

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #488 on: November 14, 2007, 04:46:47 PM »

I have no idea why an internal investigation can NOT occur even if he resigned. They would be basically looking at the conduct of one of their former officers and any that may be in cahoots with him. That's not that complicated.

As for the resignation itself. Well, that one is easy. He's simply protecting his pension in the event he is convicted of any of the multitude of crimes / charges that could be coming his way. Let's face it - he's a suspect in one case, and a possible suspect in another. Things are not looking too good for Drew right now. Regardless, he / SP / First Wife have children and that pension (even if he is charged, convicted, and sent to the slammer) is going to pay for their upkeep. They will need clothes, education, medical, and emotional support. That's all going to cost a pretty penny.

DP is always one step ahead - now isn't he? He appears to have a good attorney to offer the advice about resigning and keeping that pension.

When they interviewed the daughter of wife #2 DP made a comment to his then wife "he is protecting his assets".  He had her phone tapped.  Right now he is not getting paid I think because he is suspended without pay.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #489 on: November 14, 2007, 04:50:07 PM »

sweet move Anna!!! Laughing

You're right.. the owner names the beneficiaries. The Beneficiary only needs to have an insurable interest in the owner.

If the owner and beneficiary have no insurable interest, that could be relegated as fraud.

+++

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #490 on: November 14, 2007, 04:53:33 PM »

He told his friend who lived near wife #3 that he was trying to drop off his kids for the past day and a half and didn't understand why she wasn't answering the door.  He pulled up in his police car and asked the neighbor to go to the house because he has a lock smith coming to the house.  Geez this gets worse and worse.

What ever happened to calling her sister or trying her on the phone.  I'll tell you what happened because he already killed her.  This guy had a lot of time to cover his tracks.

San - nice.

That opens the time-line up on DP. Now he needs to account for more than one afternoon. I would say that would give him ample opportunity and time.

+++

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #491 on: November 14, 2007, 04:55:00 PM »

I have no idea why an internal investigation can NOT occur even if he resigned. They would be basically looking at the conduct of one of their former officers and any that may be in cahoots with him. That's not that complicated.

As for the resignation itself. Well, that one is easy. He's simply protecting his pension in the event he is convicted of any of the multitude of crimes / charges that could be coming his way. Let's face it - he's a suspect in one case, and a possible suspect in another. Things are not looking too good for Drew right now. Regardless, he / SP / First Wife have children and that pension (even if he is charged, convicted, and sent to the slammer) is going to pay for their upkeep. They will need clothes, education, medical, and emotional support. That's all going to cost a pretty penny.

DP is always one step ahead - now isn't he? He appears to have a good attorney to offer the advice about resigning and keeping that pension.

When they interviewed the daughter of wife #2 DP made a comment to his then wife "he is protecting his assets".  He had her phone tapped.  Right now he is not getting paid I think because he is suspended without pay.

His pension will kick in about 30 days from now. Checks almost in the mail.

+++

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #492 on: November 14, 2007, 04:56:31 PM »

So if a cop commits a crime or does something awful, all he has to do is resign and he is off the hook?

That's almost as good as no body/no case!

Not buying it.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #493 on: November 14, 2007, 05:00:50 PM »

I hope TES will go back.  Tim has to be exhausted but they were successful in locating the Stanford boy tragic as that was.

Rob, I agree that likely reason would be hostility by locals and in this case even ISP.  Why?  I never understand that but in this case, I think I DO!  The Thin Blue Line or whatever it's called.

People with nothing to hide, hide nothing!

PERSONA NON GRATA

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #494 on: November 14, 2007, 05:08:01 PM »

So if a cop commits a crime or does something awful, all he has to do is resign and he is off the hook?

Not buying it.

Anna - on the date of his resignation he was not convicted of anything. I don't like it either, but thats the way it is. He'll keep the pension. A good part of that is his actual money that he contributed. It's the law. It was just change because of a lot of teachers molesting their students and keeping their pensions. This has been pretty much changed nationally and is a states issue. Most states acted after the rash of teachers keeping the pensions after being convicted. Public employees forfeit the pension when a conviction occurs.

+++

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #495 on: November 14, 2007, 06:00:12 PM »

Refugee's are now copying and pasting stuff about TES, Beth and Natalee and pasting it on Greta's blog.  They are being infantile and disruptive.  It's all about them and their twisted ideas.

In some strange way, I find some things that seem to run parallel in these two cases.

She ran away.  I didn't search for her because she isn't missing.  What if she was abducted?  What if the person she is alleged to have run away with has harmed her?  Is holding her hostage?  Wouldn't you want to know?  Who is this mystery man?  Anyone name names yet?

I wish she would come forward and clear this up, let us know she's safe.  If they found her I'd kick her ass in front of her mother.

So much in common between these two, despite the differenc in age and location.

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #496 on: November 14, 2007, 06:17:31 PM »

Not buying it.

Anna - on the date of his resignation he was not convicted of anything. I don't like it either, but thats the way it is. He'll keep the pension. A good part of that is his actual money that he contributed. It's the law. It was just change because of a lot of teachers molesting their students and keeping their pensions. This has been pretty much changed nationally and is a states issue. Most states acted after the rash of teachers keeping the pensions after being convicted. Public employees forfeit the pension when a conviction occurs.

Rob,
I was thinking more about some crime he may have committed than the pension.  Doesn't seem right if he was being investigated for criminal activity or possible criminal activity.

They shouldn't be able to just drop the investigation like that just because somebody resigns if they have broken any laws or are thought to have done so.

JMO

PERSONA NON GRATA

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #497 on: November 14, 2007, 06:24:17 PM »

Not buying it.

Rob,
I was thinking more about some crime he may have committed than the pension.  Doesn't seem right if he was being investigated for criminal activity or possible criminal activity.

They shouldn't be able to just drop the investigation like that just because somebody resigns if they have broken any laws or are thought to have done so.

JMO

Anna - someone on Gretawire said that he is being investigated by the State Police...they also said - that was the same investigative body that worked the Savio death.

Just stating what I saw... not sure if it is all true. But he is being investigated.

+++

carolyn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #498 on: November 14, 2007, 06:55:27 PM »

Not buying it.

I agree with you.  I will say, not all cops are this way.  My husband is a Lieutenant for the police department in the town we live in.  He has been a cop for almost 25 years.  I have seen LE around here take down bad cops.  My husband is the one that original people that told me about this case and he hates it that a few dirty cops make good cops look bad.  My suspicion from listening to the chief of police....Peterson was being investigated and the chief got overruled.  I am willing to bet there could still be charges from outside the department that would carry criminal charges.  IMO - getting the pension is not all bad.  His kids still have to be taken care of and when "Peterson" ends up in prison, who ever ends up taking care of the kids will be able to collect from that pension plan.  These kids are paying a huge price....a price no child should have to pay. 

Thanks
Carolyn

Clinton Nelson Missing from Princeton LA since 9/1/2006.  Send info to find-clinton@hotmail.com if you have information.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #499 on: November 14, 2007, 09:32:56 PM »

Not buying it.

I agree with you.  I will say, not all cops are this way.  My husband is a Lieutenant for the police department in the town we live in.  He has been a cop for almost 25 years.  I have seen LE around here take down bad cops.  My husband is the one that original people that told me about this case and he hates it that a few dirty cops make good cops look bad.  My suspicion from listening to the chief of police....Peterson was being investigated and the chief got overruled.  I am willing to bet there could still be charges from outside the department that would carry criminal charges.  IMO - getting the pension is not all bad.  His kids still have to be taken care of and when "Peterson" ends up in prison, who ever ends up taking care of the kids will be able to collect from that pension plan.  These kids are paying a huge price....a price no child should have to pay.  

Thanks
Carolyn

I agree that the pension will benefit his kids.  What bothers me is that he didn't make this move for his kids.  If he was that concerned he would have never murdered his wives.  He is using his kids as a shield.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.