March 29, 2024, 03:50:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stacy Ann Peterson 23, Bolingbrook IL - Missing 10/28/07 #1  (Read 1030210 times)
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #540 on: November 15, 2007, 10:52:47 AM »

Witnesses go to Peterson grand jury
Officer on TV show as Will panel meets

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...hi_tab01_layout

As a Will County grand jury called in witnesses connected to Sgt. Drew Peterson on Wednesday, Bolingbrook police dealt with the likelihood they will not be able to hold him accountable for possible departmental violations because he quit.

Also on Wednesday, Peterson's appearance on a network TV morning show to discuss the disappearance of his wife, Stacy, and the mysterious death of his ex-wife fueled more turmoil in his Bolingbrook neighborhood.

Shortly after 1:30 p.m. in downtown Joliet, Steve Carcerano, 39—the neighbor who discovered the body of Peterson's ex-wife Kathleen Savio in her bathtub in 2004—walked into the Will County Court annex where the grand jury was convened. When he left hours later, Carcerano said he did not testify but expected to return next week. Also summoned to the grand jury was Bolingbrook Police Officer Alex Morelli, whom sources describe as a close friend of Drew Peterson. A person by that name signed as a witness to the 1997 will of Savio and Peterson. Morelli declined to comment on whether he testified. Later, he could not be reached for comment on whether it was he who signed the will.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #541 on: November 15, 2007, 10:58:55 AM »

Posted on Greta's blog:

November 15th, 2007 10:51 AM Eastern
Wife #3 and Wife #4 Had a PHYSICAL Confrontation….
by Greta Van Susteren

Well….divorces are rarely “pretty” …and emotions run very wild (understandably) especially when someone cheats in a marriage or a relationship….the Sgt Drew Peterson/Kathleen Savio/Stacy Peterson apparently was no different many of these terrible situations…

….Things got so bad among the 3 of them that there were hospital visits…..and at least one involved the women (read the bottom part of the article for details about allegations of a physical confrontation between Kathleen Savio (#3) and Stacy Peterson (#4)….and yes, never dull…

http://gretawire.foxnews.com/

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5g9LSLrzFQGStXb1io5FdErAtFFKgD8STODU00

Cop Denies Involvement in Wife's Death
By DON BABWIN – 16 hours ago

ROMEOVILLE, Ill. (AP) — Nobody listened when Kathleen Savio said she was afraid of her husband. But now, three years after she was found dead in a bathtub in what was ruled an accidental drowning, authorities are paying close attention.

They suspect she was killed. But that theory did not dawn on them until her husband came under suspicion in the recent disappearance and possible murder of his new wife.

Drew Peterson, a former police office in suburban Bolingbrook, denies any role in his wife's disappearance, saying she told him she was leaving him for another man.

Stacy Peterson, 23, was reported missing Oct. 29, the day after failing to show up to help her sister paint a house. She was 17 when she began dating Peterson. He was 47 and still married to Savio.

Peterson believes his wife has left him for another man, and said he has no plans to look for her because he thinks she left willfully.

"Why would I look for somebody who I don't believe is missing? She's just gone. She's where she wants to be," Peterson told NBC's "Today" show.

Peterson's troubles began during his marriage to Savio, who died in 2004.

She left behind a trail of clues about the couple's stormy marriage, including an order of protection she filed in 2002 after Peterson allegedly knocked her down, ripped a necklace off her and left marks on her body. Savio wrote in the order that she feared Peterson could kill her.

"He wants me dead, and if he has to, he will burn the house down just to shut me up," she wrote.

A coroner's report includes testimony from Savio's sister, who said Savio warned relatives that if she died, it may look like an accident, but it would not be.

Authorities have not said Peterson, now 53, is a suspect in Savio's death. But they have reviewed autopsy photos, police reports, court documents and even exhumed her body as they point the finger at Peterson in Stacy Peterson's disappearance.

"I would say that right now Drew Peterson has gone from being a person of interest to clearly being a suspect," in his fourth wife's disappearance, Illinois State Police Capt. Carl Dobrich said last week.

Peterson downplayed any similarities between the two cases, but said his relationships with both women were troubled. Both suffered from emotional problems, he said. He denied having anything to do with the two cases.

"I can look right in your eye and say I had nothing to do with either of those incidents," he told NBC.

Authorities have been tightlipped about the specifics of their investigation, including what they hope to learn from examining Savio's body. Will County State's Attorney James Glasgow said some tests that should have been conducted on Savio's remains never were.

In the final days of her marriage, Savio traded battery allegations with her husband, who resigned from the police department this week.

Drew Peterson twice convinced the state's attorney's office to bring battery charges against his wife, but she was acquitted both times. Peterson never was charged, although Bolingbrook police have said officers investigated 18 domestic calls involving the couple.

Savio's family suspects police were trying to protect one of their own.

"She called it the 'good old boys club,'" said Charlie Doman, Savio's nephew. "Cops taking care of cops is what it was."

Among the documents Savio's family has kept for years is a copy of a letter they say she sent to an assistant state's attorney in Will County, claiming Peterson had beaten her several times, but police declined to file reports.

They also have a report from a suburban Chicago hospital that Savio visited in 2002 for treatment of a sprained wrist after what she said was a confrontation with Peterson. The report includes a notation by someone, possibly her doctor, that Savio said her husband was a Bolingbrook police officer and that the police would not take a report on the incident.

Documents relating to Savio's domestic battery arrests are gone. According to her family, she had the arrests expunged from her record. A spokesman for the Will County state's attorney's office said authorities have found little paperwork on the arrests, and it is unclear who Savio was accused of attacking.

But Savio's family said that, in one of the cases, the alleged victim was Stacy Peterson. Doman said Stacy Peterson became pregnant while Drew Peterson was still married to Savio.

An emergency room report provided to The Associated Press by the family contains a notation that Savio was injured during a confrontation involving someone named Stacy. Savio, her family said, was arrested after the two women argued.

"He staged it to make it look like a battery," said Pamela Bosco, a close friend of Stacy Peterson's family.

Savio's family is relieved to see authorities investigating their long-held suspicions about Peterson.

"Finally, they're paying attention," Doman said. "They're looking at everything that they had there already."

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #542 on: November 15, 2007, 11:00:29 AM »

On Greta's blog:

November 15th, 2007 10:38 AM Eastern
UPDATE: Illinois State Police Looking For Missing Stacy Peterson - GO OUT OF STATE TO MINNESOTA
by Greta Van Susteren

UPDATE: Illinois State Police are hunting for missing Stacy Peterson - missing wife of Sgt. Peterson.  They are now seeking help from St.Louis County, Minnesota.  Click here to learn more.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #543 on: November 15, 2007, 11:03:17 AM »

http://www.northlandsnewscenter.com/news/local/11252616.html

The Illinois State Patrol Is Asking The St. Louis County Search Squad For Help
YouNewsTV™
Story Published: Nov 13, 2007 at 7:18 PM EST

Story Updated: Nov 13, 2007 at 7:18 PM EST

By KBJR News 1

Watch the story

The St. Louis County search and rescue squad has been called to assist in one of the most talked about cases in the country today.
23–year–old Stacy Peterson of Illinois has been missing for over two weeks.

The Illinois State Patrol contacted the St. Louis County Rescue Squad due to its expertise and advanced equipment.

"We've been very successful in search efforts here in St. Louis County and in Northeastern MN and I think the authorities in Illinois are aware of our track record," said St. Louis County Sheriff Ross Litman.

Stacy Peterson's sister has said she believes Stacy was stalked by her husband Drew Peterson who is a sergeant in the Bolingbrook, Illinois police department.

Stacy was last seen on October 28th.

Her car was found near a pond in Bollingbrook. Authorities believe her body may be in that pond. (I think this may be incorrect info)

Suspicion was cast on Drew Peterson who was in the process of a divorce from Stacy.

Drew has been married three times. One of his former wives was found dead in a bathtub in 2004. (we know this is incorrect, he's been married 4 times)

That death was initially ruled accidental but Stacy's disappearance has re–opened the case.

Saint Louis County's expertise is in underwater searches.

The squad has both a remotely operated underwater vehicle and a sonar scanner and has become proficient in dangerous underwater searches.

"Any time you put a dive team under water or ice you are taking a risk. Diving is dangerous," said St. Louis County Sheriff Ross Litman.

The squad plans to stay in Illinois for the remainder of the week.

In the wake of Stacy's disappearance, Peterson's first wife's body was exhumed today for further investigation.
sleddogs
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #544 on: November 15, 2007, 11:51:34 AM »

Two bodies found at suburban construction site

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=78117&src=2

May be unrelated, but the bodies were found in Lemont, Il which is only 9 miles away from Bolingbrook, IL

Google map

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&saddr=lemont,+il&daddr=Bolingbrook,+DuPage,+Illinois,+United+States&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=31.426353,59.238281&ie=UTF8&cd=1&ll=41.695805,-88.0396&spn=0.23123,0.462799&z=11&om=1&pw=2

Who said Siberian Huskies are too big to be lap dogs?

If ya ain't the lead sleddog, the scenery never changes.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #545 on: November 15, 2007, 12:00:58 PM »

From Greta's blog:

November 15th, 2007 11:55 AM Eastern
JUST IN: Email from OTR Producer Steph Watts
by Greta Van Susteren

OTR Producer has been on the ground in Bolingbrook, Illinois since almost the day Sgt. Peterson’s wife Stacy vanished…he just sent me this email (and in my effort to give you the behind the scenes, I am posting his email to me):

To: Van Susteren, Greta
Sent: Thu Nov 15 11:48:34 2007
Subject: Thursday Not Good News From Bolingbrook

Its bitter cold today in Bolingbrook and that’s not good news for searchers as most of their efforts are focused on bodies of waters.  Its been almost 20 days since Stacy Peterson went missing. Once the cold weather takes hold, freezing the lakes and ponds and snow begins to accumulate it will push the search for stacy off to the spring. This leaves little hope for  investigators, stacys family and everyone involved.

MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #546 on: November 15, 2007, 12:07:31 PM »

Chicago Tribune says two men found.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #547 on: November 15, 2007, 12:09:57 PM »

2 adult male bodies found near Lemont
By Gerry Smith

Tribune staff reporter

10:52 AM CST, November 15, 2007

The bodies of two adult males were found early today in a forest preserve in unincorporated Cook County, Sheriff Tom Dart said this morning.

The bodies were found near southwest suburban Lemont.

The discovery was made early this morning near a newly paved bicycle path. The site is near Jeans Road and Illinois Highway 83 near the Des Plaines River and the Chicago Sanitary & Ship Canal, according to police officials. The area is near the Cook-DuPage border.

Helicopter footage from the site showed the remains bound and wrapped in white sheets.

An earlier report identified the bodies as belonging to a male and a female.

Authorities erected a white tent over the bodies.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-bodies_webnov16,0,7531027.story?coll=chi_tab01_layout
carolyn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #548 on: November 15, 2007, 12:59:34 PM »

So if a cop commits a crime or does something awful, all he has to do is resign and he is off the hook?

That's almost as good as no body/no case!

Not buying it.

I agree with you.  I will say, not all cops are this way.  My husband is a Lieutenant for the police department in the town we live in.  He has been a cop for almost 25 years.  I have seen LE around here take down bad cops.  My husband is the one that original people that told me about this case and he hates it that a few dirty cops make good cops look bad.  My suspicion from listening to the chief of police....Peterson was being investigated and the chief got overruled.  I am willing to bet there could still be charges from outside the department that would carry criminal charges.  IMO - getting the pension is not all bad.  His kids still have to be taken care of and when "Peterson" ends up in prison, who ever ends up taking care of the kids will be able to collect from that pension plan.  These kids are paying a huge price....a price no child should have to pay.  

Thanks
Carolyn

I agree that the pension will benefit his kids.  What bothers me is that he didn't make this move for his kids.  If he was that concerned he would have never murdered his wives.  He is using his kids as a shield.

I agree with that, IMO - this man (if you can call him that) does not really care about anyone or anything except himself.  I think that includes his kids.  The only reason I think it is a good thing is that my guess is at some point this guy will either end up in prison, on the run, or killing himself (most cops will choose death before prison). I just think the pension is important for the kids as some point as whomever ends up caring for the kids will need the financial assistance that they could get by petitioning the courts to garnish the pension.  If there is not pension what so ever, the kids are out of luck unless he is dead and the kids can collect social security.

Thanks
Carolyn

Clinton Nelson Missing from Princeton LA since 9/1/2006.  Send info to find-clinton@hotmail.com if you have information.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #549 on: November 15, 2007, 01:09:54 PM »

MSNBC is supposed to have an update about the case at 1:15 or so EST.
Listening to the tv now.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #550 on: November 15, 2007, 01:19:19 PM »

On now..

DP main suspect.
Pam Boscow on by phone....

Pam says focus on search efforts.. havinf weather issues.
Communication with IL State Police.. giving them tips on where to search. Search beig redirected by info given to them.
Pam Bocow does not beleive SP is with another man. First DP says SP went to Bahamas.. then changed it to she found another man.
Sp always near her children and adoptive kids. wouldnt take off and leave them
SP family feel DP is guilty .

Thats was it. Short interview. 
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #551 on: November 15, 2007, 01:59:01 PM »

Says they were bound so I am guessing murdered.  How many dead people are there in that area just lying around I am beginning to wonder.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #552 on: November 15, 2007, 01:59:50 PM »

Says they were bound so I am guessing murdered.  How many dead people are there in that area just lying around I am beginning to wonder.  It's beginning to resemble a beach at Aruba!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #553 on: November 15, 2007, 02:14:24 PM »

From Gretawire

November 15th, 2007 1:48 PM Eastern

Sgt Peterson’s Friend Ric Mims
by Greta Van Susteren

As I was driving in I received a call from Ric Mims - friend of Sgt Peterson. We talked a few minutes but I worried I would lose service so we agreed to do a GretaCast in about thirty minutes…with a GretaCast you can eavesdrop on our conversation…so check back soon
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #554 on: November 15, 2007, 02:18:55 PM »

Link to Gretawire

http://gretawire.foxnews.com/

Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #555 on: November 15, 2007, 02:31:41 PM »

Greta has her convo with Rick Mims posted now ...

November 15th, 2007 2:27 PM Eastern

Thursday GretaCast: Eavesdrop On My Conversation with Ric Mims
by Greta Van Susteren

If you have ever investigated a missing person or a crime, you know that often you just have to be persistent. You never know when you will learn that additional piece of information that solves the entire matter. It can be tedious and it often requires to re-investigate and re-investigate and re-investigate…etc.

It also requires re-interviewing people….helping people remember things…..helping to trigger their memories.

Moments ago I spoke to Ric Mims — a friend to Stacy and Drew Peterson and the person closest to Sgt. Peterson in the first few days after Stacy vanished. To give you the inside story, you can eavesdrop on my conversation with Ric by merely clicking on the blue box below:

Go this this link to listen !  

http://gretawire.foxnews.com/2007/11/15/thursday-gretacast-eavesdrop-on-my-conversation-with-ric-mims/

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #556 on: November 15, 2007, 02:36:01 PM »

by Greta Van Susteren

If you have ever investigated a missing person or a crime, you know that often you just have to be persistent. You never know when you will learn that additional piece of information that solves the entire matter. It can be tedious and it often requires to re-investigate and re-investigate and re-investigate…etc.

It also requires re-interviewing people….helping people remember things…..helping to trigger their memories.

Moments ago I spoke to Ric Mims — a friend to Stacy and Drew Peterson and the person closest to Sgt. Peterson in the first few days after Stacy vanished. To give you the inside story, you can eavesdrop on my conversation with Ric by merely clicking on the blue box below:

http://gretawire.foxnews.com/2007/11/15/thursday-gretacast-eavesdrop-on-my-conversation-with-ric-mims/

Thanks for keeping us updated Angie.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #557 on: November 15, 2007, 02:48:41 PM »

I didn't understand the part about a former girlfriend.  And somebody else ended up dead?

Did anyone understand that or know what this is about?

PERSONA NON GRATA

Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #558 on: November 15, 2007, 02:49:49 PM »

by Greta Van Susteren

Thanks for keeping us updated Angie.

YW San. I just got done listening to their conversation.

Anna.. I wasn't sure of the former GF either?  Kind of lost there.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #559 on: November 15, 2007, 02:56:41 PM »

Not sure why, but I can't get it to play...WinAmp pops up, but doesn't do anything.  Is a long conversation?

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.