March 28, 2024, 01:49:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stacy Ann Peterson 23, Bolingbrook IL - Missing 10/28/07 #1  (Read 1029953 times)
aly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #680 on: November 17, 2007, 02:15:49 AM »

http://www.suntimes.com/news/peterso...boling.article
From the Chicago Sun

The story of Drew's first wife

November 16, 2007
BY KARA SPAK Staff Reporter
Dave Brown has Drew Peterson, in part, to thank for a fantastic 26-year marriage.

“I’m so glad Drew let her go,” Brown said of his wife, Carol, who was married to Peterson from 1974 to 1980. “She’s the most leveled-headed and good-looking person on the planet.”

Carol Brown, now 50, was the first wife of Peterson, the former Bolingbrook police sergeant named a suspect in the disappearance of his fourth wife.

» Click to enlarge image

Carol Brown was the first wife of Drew Peterson (inset). They graduated from Willowbrook High School in Villa Park and married while she was still a teenager.
(Courtesy)

Attention has turned to Peterson’s first two wives after Stacy Peterson vanished Oct. 28 and the body of Peterson’s third wife, Kathleen Savio, was exhumed Tuesday. Authorities are taking a new look at her 2004 death, initially ruled an accidental bathtub drowning.
In a published report, Peterson’s second wife, Vicki Connolly, said Peterson had struck her when they were married and told her he could kill her and make it look like an accident. Peterson denied that Friday, saying, “Vicki is just mad because I cheated on her.”

Carol Brown’s husband does not allege Peterson abused Carol Brown during their marriage. “Drew did not physically abuse her,” Dave Brown said Friday.

Carol Brown divorced Peterson, though, because he cheated on her — with a woman who wasn’t Vicki Connolly, Dave Brown said.

State Police interviewed Carol and Dave Brown on Thursday night, asking them if they thought Peterson was capable of harming somebody. The Browns were told not to discuss the interview.

Carol Brown declined to be interviewed. She is worried about the effect it would have on her children with Peterson — Eric and Steve — as well as on her relationship with business clients.

Peterson, Carol Brown and Dave Brown are all graduates of Willowbrook High School in Villa Park, where Peterson ran cross country. Peterson and Dave Brown graduated in the 750-member class of 1972. Carol Brown is three years their junior.

Dave Brown, 53, a remodeling contractor, has known Peterson since junior high, when both were in accelerated classes together. They weren’t close but did play tennis together after high school.

The two both noticed a young Carol when she was a freshman at Willowbrook and they were seniors. “She was the prettiest girl in the freshman class,” Dave Brown said. “She’d look at you, and you’d think ‘wow.’ ”

Peterson joined the Army after high school and married Carol when he was 20 years old. They lived for a while in Virginia, where he was stationed to get military police training. “He always wanted to be a cop,” Dave Brown said.

The Petersons moved back to Illinois in the mid-1970s. Dave Brown, at the time, was attending the University of Illinois and driving back to Villa Park on weekends to work as a bouncer at a bar called 10,000 Horses (now known as DiMito Time). “The place was packed,” Dave Brown said. “It was the best singles bar around.”

Peterson would stop by, sporting long hair as part of his look as an undercover cop. “He would come in and just hang out to see friends,” Dave Brown said.

A year after Carol and Drew Peterson divorced, she married Brown. The two raised Eric and Steve Peterson and had a child of their own, Lauren, now 23.

Peterson regularly paid child support, and either he or his second wife, Connolly, would pick up the boys for regular weekend visits. Aside from normal family hiccups, everyone got along, Dave Brown said.

“I never competed with Drew to be a dad,” Dave Brown said. “I was a stepdad. They knew that. They were loyal to their father. And that was fine with me.”

When the boys moved out of the house, the Browns saw Peterson less. They never met his third wife, Savio, but met Stacy Peterson a few times. She is more than five years younger than Peterson’s sons with Carol Brown.

“She’s a kid,” Dave Brown said. “A lot of middle-age guys act like that’s a dream. I think they’re nuts.”

The last time Dave Brown saw Peterson was at his son Steve Peterson’s wedding in August. Since the disappearance of Stacy, the Browns have been flooded with calls from the media and old friends.

“We talk all the time about it,” he said, but declined to say if they think Peterson had any role in Stacy’s disappearance or Savio’s death.

Dave Brown said Eric Peterson hates the attention with “people banging on his door.” Steve Peterson has been on vacation out of the country.

Vicki Connolly, who was married to Peterson for 10 years beginning in 1982, said in a published report that Peterson took steps to control her, including placing recording devices in their home. He would hit her and play mind games on her. The two divorced after Peterson and Savio began an affair.

Connolly’s adult daughter, Lisa Ward, who lived with Connolly and Peterson when she was a child, told reporters Friday she feels lucky that her mom made it out of the marriage alive.

“Of course,” Ward said. “My mom is a very strong woman for being able to.”

Peterson dismissed Ward’s comment on Friday, as well.

“Lisa’s mad because I'm a strong disciplinarian,” said Peterson.

Contributing: Joe Hosey of the Herald News

------
I hope this is okay to post and sorry if it was already posted.

value people not things
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #681 on: November 17, 2007, 08:11:53 AM »

Dr. Baden UP NEXT on Fox Weekend 8:15 AM EASTERN time

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #682 on: November 17, 2007, 10:38:30 AM »

http://www.suntimes.com/news/peterson/655554,CST-NWS-boling18.article

The man Stacy went to in trying time
ROSSETTO |

November 17, 2007
BY JOE HOSEY AND JANET LUNDQUIST Herald News

Investigators in the disappearance of Stacy Peterson have turned an eye to a Shorewood man from her past she reached out to just three weeks before she vanished.

Searches have been conducted in the area around the home of 35-year-old Scott Rossetto, and authorities have called him before a grand jury this week, he said.

A police source, however, said investigators do not count him as a suspect in Peterson's disappearance. Instead, the source said investigators have speculated that Peterson's body may have been dumped near Rossetto's home in an effort to frame him as the killer.

A police source said Rossetto and Peterson, 23, were romantically involved, but Rossetto insisted they were not. He said he only knew her because his brother and a friend had dated Peterson years ago, before she married former Bolingbrook police Sgt. Drew Peterson.

Rossetto said he had not heard from Stacy Peterson in years when she called him last month.

"All of a sudden she called me once out of the blue about three weeks before she disappeared," Rossetto said. "That was the first contact in six years I had with her. She said she was just going through some stuff and just found my phone number."

Rossetto declined to discuss his recent conversation with Stacy Peterson, saying, "I can't tell you anything." He also refused to say whether she spoke of any trouble in her life.

The two exchanged messages, but never made plans to meet, he said. "We were friends," Rossetto said. "We talked every once in a while. But that's it." Police tracked down Rossetto through phone and text messages.

State Police have branded Drew Peterson a suspect in the disappearance of Stacy Peterson, his fourth wife. And authorities exhumed the body of his third wife last week to see if she really drowned in her bathtub as initially believed.

The suspicions swirling around Drew Peterson, 53, have not frightened Rossetto.

"Let him [try to get me]. I don't give a crap," Rossetto said. "Why would I be afraid of Drew? What is he going to possibly do to me? He's more than welcome to try busting into my house."

Rossetto said he was not tempted to indulge in an affair with Stacy Peterson.

"No. I didn't want any baggage," he said. "Sorry, she had a lot. She was married to a Bolingbrook cop and could've made my life miserable. I wasn't risking it. And I knew Drew well enough to know to stay away from her."

Rossetto said he didn't know that police are looking at him as a lover of Stacy Peterson's.

"I'm sure Drew probably thinks that, but I could care less about what Drew thinks," he said.

Drew Peterson said Friday he knows little about Rossetto -- but he knows of him.

"I heard of him," Drew Peterson said, but added that he had "no idea" how long the Shorewood man may have been involved with his wife.

"The police are looking into it," Drew Peterson said of the connection between Stacy Peterson and Rossetto, although he would not elaborate. He said police have not approached him about Rossetto.

Rossetto said he met Drew Peterson only once. Asked if Stacy Peterson was afraid of her husband, Rossetto said, "I'm not confirming that."

Rossetto said his brother dated Stacy Peterson for about two months years ago and they broke up when he left for the Army. "When my brother left for the military she started dating Drew and we haven't seen her since because he cut off all ties with us," he said.

Drew Peterson has repeatedly said he feels Stacy Peterson abandoned their family and likely ran off with another man. He recently appeared before a grand jury, as did his brother, Paul Peterson.

Drew Peterson, who in the last week traveled to New York City to appear on a national talk show, said the daily grind of police and media scrutiny is wearing on him.

"I'm just tired," Drew Peterson said. "It wears on you, you know?"
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #683 on: November 17, 2007, 11:11:49 AM »

http://www.suntimes.com/news/peterson/655554,CST-NWS-boling18.article

The man Stacy went to in trying time
ROSSETTO |

November 17, 2007
BY JOE HOSEY AND JANET LUNDQUIST Herald News

Investigators in the disappearance of Stacy Peterson have turned an eye to a Shorewood man from her past she reached out to just three weeks before she vanished.

Searches have been conducted in the area around the home of 35-year-old Scott Rossetto, and authorities have called him before a grand jury this week, he said.

A police source, however, said investigators do not count him as a suspect in Peterson's disappearance. Instead, the source said investigators have speculated that Peterson's body may have been dumped near Rossetto's home in an effort to frame him as the killer.

{EDITED}

As soon as I read this it popped in my mind that DP could have possibly buried Stacy near his home. I wonder how far away he lives from DP.

This guy could care less what Drew Peterson thinks of him.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 11:13:33 AM by San » Logged
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #684 on: November 17, 2007, 11:29:17 AM »

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-drew_bd_18nov18,0,6772087.story

Need for control drove Peterson, families say
By Erika Slife, Josh Noel and Gerry Smith

Tribune staff reporters

November 18, 2007

Whether Drew Peterson was sitting in his squad car watching her as she left the mall or calling her eight times while she got a haircut, Stacy Peterson was accustomed to being the main object of her husband's attention, her family and friends say.

Ultimately, though, Peterson, a former Bolingbrook police sergeant, had a need to control his wife that got to be too much, they said. Last year, while her sister Tina was dying of cancer, Stacy would stay at her home, sometimes for long stretches. One day, Drew showed up unannounced to see if she was cheating on him, her sister Cassandra Cales said.

"That's when she said, 'You know, I can't do this anymore,' " Cales said.

Stacy, 23, told her husband she wanted a divorce days before she disappeared Oct. 28, her loved ones say. Peterson, 53, says she ran away with another man. He has not been charged with a crime, but police labeled him a suspect in the "potential homicide investigation."

The disappearance led authorities to re-examine the death of Peterson's third wife, Kathleen Savio, 40, who was found dead in a dry bathtub in 2004. A coroner's jury ruled the death accidental, but officials—and an expert brought in by the Savio family—now suspect it may have been staged as an accident. Her body was exhumed Tuesday.

Peterson has denied involvement in the death of Kathleen and the disappearance of Stacy.

The portrait of Drew Peterson that has emerged from scores of interviews is of a charming man who stops at nothing to win the hearts of the women he desires. In an interview published in the Tribune on Friday, his second wife, Vicki Connolly, spoke of the extremes she experienced with Peterson: wonderful at times, and "really bad" at others, including threats on her life.

As each marriage wore on, Peterson became increasingly controlling and suspicious—even though he was the one who was already onto his next affair, according to relatives and his second wife. And as Peterson got older, the age gap between he and his wives grew.

His first wife was just three years younger than Peterson. When he was a senior at Willowbrook High School in Villa Park, Peterson began dating a freshman, Carol Hamilton. Three years later, the two married and moved to Falls Church, Va., where he was stationed in the Army.

Now remarried, she declined to be interviewed, but her husband, David Brown, said Peterson never threatened her physically during their four-year marriage. He was, however, "very controlling."

"If she wanted to go out on her own, he wouldn't like that," said Brown, who has known Drew since they were kids.

The couple moved to Bolingbrook, where Brown would see Peterson at a bar. Peterson, he said, had hair down to the middle of his back and told people he was working undercover.

While Carol was pregnant with their second child, she discovered he was cheating on her.

"When she found out he had a girlfriend and confronted him with it, he didn't want to get rid of the girlfriend," Brown said. "There were some problems before they had kids, but once they had kids is when things really went downhill."

The couple divorced amicably in 1978.

In 1982, Peterson married second wife Victoria O'Neil, who was 23 at the time. He was 28. They met at a Bolingbrook bar.

Vicki had a daughter, Lisa, from a previous relationship, and she said Peterson's desire to have Lisa call him "Dad" was nearly obsessive. Lisa's real father was not welcome in the home, Vicki said.

"[lisa's father] didn't fit into our little realm," Vicki said. "It took a lot of years for me to see that. In Drew's eyes, I was in his world and he didn't want any interference."

He said he preferred Vicki and Lisa remain at home, where he knew they were safe, she said. That left time for his career—and multiple affairs, she later learned.

Peterson performed his job with fervor, but landed in trouble in 1985. The police commission found him guilty of official misconduct, disobedience, failure to report a bribe and self-assigned police action. The trouble forced the couple to sell their home and move in with his parents, Vicki said. But in 1986, he was reinstated after a judge overruled the commission.

Vicki decided to leave Drew, mostly because of his affairs.The divorce was amicable, Vicki recalled, because Drew was already involved with the woman who would become his third wife, Kathleen Savio.

Kathleen didn't know Peterson was still married when she started dating him, her brother, Henry Savio, said. "He told my sister that he wasn't married and that he didn't have any kids when he met her," he said.

Kathleen, or Kitty as she was known to relatives, was around 28 at the time, working as an accountant and looking to get married, her brother said. They met through a friend, and Savio said Peterson, about 10 years older than his sister, swept her off her feet.

"He's a charmer," he said.

The couple married in 1992 and had two boys. Throughout the 10-year marriage, Savio said he never felt comfortable about it.

"I was kind of on my guard all the time," Savio said. "[Peterson and the kids] would do crazy stuff with my sister. They had a staircase at my sister's house. They would tie her up and roll her down the stairs. It was the big joke of theirs. I would say, 'What's wrong with you? Why would you let them do that stuff? There's no respect.' She would say, 'It's fine.' "

Don Bolger was a reserve police officer and neighbor. Bolger, 68, said Peterson was a "businesslike and professional" cop and a friendly neighbor who seemed to get along with his wife. He insisted that his boys call Bolger "Mr. Don."

"He's a good guy, and they seemed like very happy people," Bolger said. "Kathy was very pleasant and a very good mom."

Steve Carcerano, who lived two doors from Peterson and Savio, called the couple "great neighbors." He said Peterson was always quick to lend a tool or help unclog pipes.

But the marriage disintegrated. Medical records and letters obtained from Savio's relatives outline a pattern of alleged abuse and frustration with inaction by Bolingbrook police.

Carcerano, who would discover Kathleen's body in the tub, said the abuse may have gone both ways. Twice after their separation, he said, he saw Savio lash out at Peterson and Drew respond with restraint.

Once, Carcerano said he helped Peterson move out of the home he shared with Savio. She became angry and smacked Drew in the face with an extension cord, then spit on him, he said. "He laughed it off and said, 'You see what she's doing?' "

Drew was still married to Kathleen when he met Stacy Cales. She was just a teenager—her sister, Cassandra, says she was 16—when she met Drew. Stacy was working at SpringHill Suites hotel. Drew was night commander, and his partner was dating a woman who worked there. Drew started hitting on Stacy.

Cassandra said Drew was still living with Kathleen but was sleeping in the basement. Stacy would sneak in and spend the night, she said.

Peterson's need to be in control kicked in even before the two married, said her close friend, Sherrie Mills, who used to be married to one of Stacy's cousins.

Mills and her husband, Eddie, hired Stacy to work at their flooring company in 2001. After three or four months on the job, Mills said Peterson made an unusual request. "He was drinking with Eddie one night and told him, 'You need to fire her, but don't let her know that I told you to fire her,' " Mills said.

Despite Sherrie's protests, Eddie did it. Mills believed it was because Peterson wanted her reliant on him. "To me, it was because he didn't want her having money or independence," she said.

They married in October 2003, and unlike his previous wives, Stacy never worried about Drew cheating because he seemed so keenly focused on her.

Cassandra said Stacy told her that she feared for her life the Friday before she disappeared. In a whisper, she told her sister that if she disappeared, Drew killed her. She whispered because she was afraid he had bugged the house.

The night Stacy disappeared, Cales said Peterson told her: "I will not let her divorce me."

In August, Carol Brown, his first wife, saw Drew for the first time in years at the wedding of their younger son. Peterson told a story about placing his gun on a desk to intimidate "some union guys" who came into his printing shop, Brown said."He was acting like Mr. Tough Guy at the wedding, and I don't remember him being like that," he said.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #685 on: November 17, 2007, 11:45:57 AM »

http://colbyfiles.blogs.foxnews.com/

November 16th, 2007 10:43 PM Eastern
My Conversation Today With Drew Peterson
by Jamie Colby

While the media remains camped out outside Drew Peterson’s Bolingbrook, Illinois home he is inside and so are his and Stacy’s children. Drew is screening calls but took mine late this afternoon after I started to leave a voicemail. It sounded like the kids were playing in the background. It’s been reported Drew has told them Stacy is on a vacation.

I’m surprised we aren’t talking more about how these four young children are doing. “The media is making it really tough on my kids” Drew told me today. “Are they back in school?” I asked. “Yes” he says “I wouldn’t keep that from them”. I’m told that Drew’s oldest, about to turn 15, is very smart and hasn’t missed a day of classes since Stacy vanished. Stacy and Drew have a 2 and 4 year old but Stacy also adopted two of Drew’s older children….two boys he had with Kathleen Savio.

I’m sure the media outside the Peterson home is disruptive to the children and I don’t know if the older ones know why the trucks, reporters and lights are there. The early morning I was outside we saw Drew’s son leave for school but we did not shoot him with our cameras.  He is a teenager who has one Mom who died in 2004 and now another missing three years later.  We also did not show the younger children the day they were carried out when the police arrived to execute their search warrant.  It’s unclear if any of them know anything about what happened to Kathleen Savio or Stacy Peterson but that is for the police, not news crews to find out in our judgment.

Drew said he would be on the show tomorrow (Drew’s Mom was on last week and you can listen to that interview in a post below) and I hope he will keep his word.  If Drew does do the interview it will be on when I anchor Fox News Live 12 noon eastern on the Fox News Channel. 

Drew confirmed to me that as a result of his resignation from the police department he will keep his pension and he told me he is interviewing and deciding on attorneys who will represent him as developments into the investigation of Stacy’s disappearance and Kathleen Savio’s death progress.  Though he has not been charged with any crime he told me today he “wants to be prepared”.

In the meantime, Drew and his four children (two older ones live in other towns) are inside their house tonight…a house from my tour inside clearly designed to meet the kids every need. Every inch designed Drew proudly told me weeks ago when he took me room to room…by Stacy.
aly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #686 on: November 17, 2007, 01:21:26 PM »

Can somebody please tell me if they heard what DP was doing the day SP disappeared??  Please.
It has been a few weeks but I never heard what his alibi was. Neutral

Did anyone see him that day?
Did he ask anyone to watch the kids or drop them off - the little ones.
I only heard about his supposed phonecall from SP that I believe he was unable to substantiate.
Was he at work???
Did his neighbors see him?
Drive anywhere?
Anything.

value people not things
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #687 on: November 17, 2007, 03:22:48 PM »

I just read the FP post about Dr. Baden's findings.
How many years was this covered up for and why and by who ?
Did Stacey know Drew did it ? Did she have the goods on  him ?
Was she part of the alibi of Drew's wherabouts when Kathleen was killed ?   
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #688 on: November 17, 2007, 03:37:24 PM »

Posted on Greta's blog:

Comment by Will County
November 17th, 2007 at 2:57 pm
Hello Greta Fans!

I just wanted to pop in during our lunch break at the Hotel. The Stacy Peterson search continues. We had a generous amount of volunteers show up and come out to search. I even ran into someone who goes to school with my son who knew him…small world.

The ribbons for the vigil are being cut and tied as I write this and everyone is just sitting around trying to warm up. It’s chilly and wet out there. My dog Reilly has been working so hard and he is a wet, muddy mess right now and smearing it all over the back seat of my car! The poor thing. I’m going to bring him out a piece of sausage pizza (or maybe two) to make him feel better!

The news crews are here and a reporter followed my team to our search location, as well as other reporters keeping with the other teams. All the volunteers are so wonderful to give so much of their time to help find Stacy Peterson.

To all those who were on my team: Thank you so much for covering so much ground and for sticking to the rules! 

Greta, thank you for all the attention that you have brought to the Stacy Peterson case.

Okay, I am off to feed my puppy dog!

Bye for now.

http://gretawire.foxnews.com/2007/11/17/friday-night-show-bolingbrook-town-center/#comments
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #689 on: November 17, 2007, 03:49:03 PM »

http://www.suntimes.com/news/peterson/655142,111707boling.article

The story of Drew's first wife

November 17, 2007
BY KARA SPAK Staff Reporter
Dave Brown has Drew Peterson, in part, to thank for a fantastic 26-year marriage.

“I’m so glad Drew let her go,” Brown said of his wife, Carol, who was married to Peterson from 1974 to 1980. “She’s the most leveled-headed and good-looking person on the planet.”

Carol Brown, now 50, was the first wife of Peterson, the former Bolingbrook police sergeant named a suspect in the disappearance of his fourth wife.

Attention has turned to Peterson’s first two wives after Stacy Peterson vanished Oct. 28 and the body of Peterson’s third wife, Kathleen Savio, was exhumed Tuesday. Authorities are taking a new look at her 2004 death, initially ruled an accidental bathtub drowning.

In a published report, Peterson’s second wife, Vicki Connolly, said Peterson had struck her when they were married and told her he could kill her and make it look like an accident. Peterson denied that Friday, saying, “Vicki is just mad because I cheated on her.”

Carol Brown’s husband does not allege Peterson abused Carol Brown during their marriage. “Drew did not physically abuse her,” Dave Brown said Friday.

Carol Brown divorced Peterson, though, because he cheated on her — with a woman who wasn’t Vicki Connolly, Dave Brown said.

State Police interviewed Carol and Dave Brown on Thursday night, asking them if they thought Peterson was capable of harming somebody. The Browns were told not to discuss the interview.

Carol Brown declined to be interviewed. She is worried about the effect it would have on her children with Peterson — Eric and Steve — as well as on her relationship with business clients.

Peterson, Carol Brown and Dave Brown are all graduates of Willowbrook High School in Villa Park, where Peterson ran cross country. Peterson and Dave Brown graduated in the 750-member class of 1972. Carol Brown is three years their junior.

Dave Brown, 53, a remodeling contractor, has known Peterson since junior high, when both were in accelerated classes together. They weren’t close but did play tennis together after high school.

The two both noticed a young Carol when she was a freshman at Willowbrook and they were seniors. “She was the prettiest girl in the freshman class,” Dave Brown said. “She’d look at you, and you’d think ‘wow.’ ”

Peterson joined the Army after high school and married Carol when he was 20 years old. They lived for a while in Virginia, where he was stationed to get military police training. “He always wanted to be a cop,” Dave Brown said.

The Petersons moved back to Illinois in the mid-1970s. Dave Brown, at the time, was attending the University of Illinois and driving back to Villa Park on weekends to work as a bouncer at a bar called 10,000 Horses (now known as DiMito Time). “The place was packed,” Dave Brown said. “It was the best singles bar around.”

Peterson would stop by, sporting long hair as part of his look as an undercover cop. “He would come in and just hang out to see friends,” Dave Brown said.

A year after Carol and Drew Peterson divorced, she married Brown. The two raised Eric and Steve Peterson and had a child of their own, Lauren, now 23.

Peterson regularly paid child support, and either he or his second wife, Connolly, would pick up the boys for regular weekend visits. Aside from normal family hiccups, everyone got along, Dave Brown said.

“I never competed with Drew to be a dad,” Dave Brown said. “I was a stepdad. They knew that. They were loyal to their father. And that was fine with me.”

When the boys moved out of the house, the Browns saw Peterson less. They never met his third wife, Savio, but met Stacy Peterson a few times. She is more than five years younger than Peterson’s sons with Carol Brown.

“She’s a kid,” Dave Brown said. “A lot of middle-age guys act like that’s a dream. I think they’re nuts.”

The last time Dave Brown saw Peterson was at his son Steve Peterson’s wedding in August. Since the disappearance of Stacy, the Browns have been flooded with calls from the media and old friends.

“We talk all the time about it,” he said, but declined to say if they think Peterson had any role in Stacy’s disappearance or Savio’s death.

Dave Brown said Eric Peterson hates the attention with “people banging on his door.” Steve Peterson has been on vacation out of the country.

Vicki Connolly, who was married to Peterson for 10 years beginning in 1982, said in a published report that Peterson took steps to control her, including placing recording devices in their home. He would hit her and play mind games on her. The two divorced after Peterson and Savio began an affair.

Connolly’s adult daughter, Lisa Ward, who lived with Connolly and Peterson when she was a child, told reporters Friday she feels lucky that her mom made it out of the marriage alive.

“Of course,” Ward said. “My mom is a very strong woman for being able to.”

Peterson dismissed Ward’s comment on Friday, as well.

“Lisa’s mad because I'm a strong disciplinarian,” said Peterson
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #690 on: November 17, 2007, 06:48:56 PM »

Posted on Greta's blog:

Comment by TBONE FROM BOLINGBROOK
November 17th, 2007 at 6:29 pm

OK, here what happened. I was sitting in my car watching the front of drews petersons house..just abvout too leave then about 50 to 60 people paraded down the street towards drews house. I thought that was it but then the people were very mad placed sighs on the front of his house. “NO one is above the law” and things like that…I thoght it was going to get nutty for awhile there. one guy with a dog trying to get it to take a dump in drews yard…Kathleens family where there..I took some pics and some video…they spoke to cameras, had a moment of silence then walked back down the street. Some kind of creapy guy in a bars jacket keep going up to the Kathleens family stating he once took there daughter out..I thing the guy from local fox news heard it and interviewed him on cam….I which i COULD POST PICS OR VIDEO

http://gretawire.foxnews.com/2007/11/17/media-and-sgt-peterson/#comments

Note:  The post above may have been an exaggeration of the candlelight vigil that was held today.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 06:53:46 PM by klaasend » Logged
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #691 on: November 17, 2007, 07:47:41 PM »

A poster on Greta's blog (TBone) was at the prayer vigil today and took some photos.  Here is the link to his photos:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/20985579@N03/

Sample:

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #692 on: November 17, 2007, 08:44:42 PM »

Geraldo just finished a segment about the case.  I didn't see all of it, but he had Dr. Baden, and the Camorotta (sorry, I didn't look back for correct sp of his name)--the guy who found KS in the tub, on air....he seemed shady to me.  Last question Geraldo asked was 'what did you think when you saw this woman in that tub?'  'C' ended up stating that he can't answer that...it was just something he didn't expect to see.  (this followed his comment that Baden had made up his mind prior to the autopsy....Baden replied that it was a fact because of the initial report and the added info at the recent autopsies)  Geraldo wanted to know if he thought someone harmed her or if he thought it was suicide or an accident.  ??? I think anyone would have some thoughts...then or afterward. 

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
doubtingthomas
Scared Monkey

« Reply #693 on: November 17, 2007, 10:23:27 PM »

Mr Rosetto is said to reside in Shorewood. Shorewood is approximately 16 miles SW from Bolingbrook, by car depending which route you take/time of day 20 minutes, 30 minutes max.  Its right down I-55.
Also wondering about timeline.  Was it morning where SP was supposed to meet friends to paint and was it that night where her family started a missing persons or the next day?  And DP who said he spoke to her at 9pm?  Anybody know his alibi for the day she went missing? Can't help but wondering about spots he could have hid her depending on time available to him. 
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #694 on: November 17, 2007, 10:31:47 PM »

Do we, or anyone have a time line for Stacy yet, if not can we start one, on the facts that we do know.Thanks

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #695 on: November 17, 2007, 10:31:59 PM »

Here is a timeline that was posted on CTV:

Timeline
Please add to this and make corrections as needed.

Stacy Peterson, age 23, is described as a 5-foot-2-inches, 100 pound, white female with brown hair and eyes. She was last seen wearing a red jogging suit. She has a tattoo of a blue and yellow carnation on the small of her back and a scar across her stomach, according to a news release.

Sunday, October 28, 2007:

9-10am: Stacy is exchanging text messages with Bruce Zidarich, the BF of her sister Cassandra Cales.
>They were making tentative plans to paint a house the family rented for Stacy/Cassandra's brother Yelton (who has been sent back to jail). To get out of the lease, they needed to repaint the walls white. They had previously painted them in a vibrant palette.
>Bruce calls her cell around 10, and according to Bruce, it went something like: Stacy: I'm lying in bed but awake, let me know when Cassandra wakes up.

Later she did not answer calls.

Family started to worry, having been told that Drew was watching Stacy and tracking her movements, checking up on her. He would circle the parking lot at Joliet Junior College to make sure she was in class (pre-nursing, 1 course this semester); he would circle the parking lot if Cassandra and Stacy were in a restaurant to be sure no male was meeting them.
*neighbors have gone on record saying the same, that Stacy feared Drew and wanted to divorce.

Cassandra went to the Downers Grove PD to report Stacy missing, she was directed to go to Bolingbrook PD. When she went to BPD, she was directed to take a drive past the home to see what cars were there, and to report Stacy missing to IL State Police.

Drew claims Stacy called him at 9pm to let him know she had left him, and to let him know he could find her car at the airport. (Clow Airport, a small private airstrip near their home).

Cassandra said the cars were not there at the Peterson home at 9pm.

At 11pm, she stopped at the house on the premise of turning in fundraiser money. The door was answered by Stacys (step)son and he told her "Mom and Dad had a fight this morning" and "he is out looking for her".

Cassandra called Drew and she could hear car keys. He asked "Where is your sister?"

She then went to IL State Police.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, October 29th

Stacy is reported missing officially at 4am

Tuesday, October 30th

Media begins to report the story. Heavy coverage in local and national news.

Wednesday, October 31st

Speculation begins about Drew's 3rd wife, Kathleen Savio, who drowned in her bathtub March 1, 2004 just a month before the couple's property settlement court date. State's Attorney Glasgow will reopen an investigation.

Thursday, Nov 1st

Police execute a search warrant of the Peterson home, removing several items, including bedding, guns, computer, and remove 2 vehicles.

It is reported that cadaver dogs get a “hit” in the upstairs bedroom and at the pond.

Divers from Naperville and Plainfield rake the bottom of a 2-acre pond on airport property.

Friday, Nov 2nd

Divers continue the search of the retention pond, aided by a cadaver dog.

They investigate his ultra-light aircraft stored in a hangar at Clow Airport.

Drew leaves the home on his motorcycle at about 11am. The children are reported to be staying with his 26 yr old son and his wife.

Ric Mims, friend of Drew says he stands by his friend, that he could not harm his wife.

Saturday, Nov 3rd

Dozens of volunteers search around the area.

Sunday, Nov 4th

Nearly a hundred search. The Lisa Stebic team assists by getting the word out that more volunteers are needed.

Texas Equusearch will arrive to help, having been contacted earlier in the week by Stacy's family.

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #696 on: November 17, 2007, 10:34:53 PM »

Thank You Klaasend your a wonderful help

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #697 on: November 17, 2007, 10:46:52 PM »

November 17th, 2007 10:33 PM Eastern
Dr. Baden Will Have More Information
by Greta Van Susteren

Dr. Baden, as you know, did an autopsy on Kathleen Savio (Sgt. Peterson’s wife #3.) He concluded the manner of her death is homicide…but Dr. Baden is not finished. He took some samples from Kathleen Savio to conduct some further testing — eg to see if there was any poison in her system at the time of her death. Note that we have no information that she had poison in her body — Dr. Baden is just being thorough.

The picture above of Dr. Baden was taken Friday night in Bolingbrook, Illinois about an hour before ON THE RECORD began. The picture below is of Dr. Baden and Chief Raymond McGury talking a short time before the show.  We did the show in a building that houses many municipal divisions — including the Chief of Police’s office…hence he wandered down to see what we were doing.

doubtingthomas
Scared Monkey

« Reply #698 on: November 17, 2007, 11:13:45 PM »

So, if we go with the timeline, DP was out looking for SP at 11pm per the son. Was he himself home all day before that?  Otherwise, that leaves him roughly 10-13 hours to think up a plan/dispose of the body.  With that much time he could of killed her in the morning, put her in temporary hiding spot and later he could have driven to SE/SW Wisconsin.  It was noted (I don't recall whether it was at  time of initial house search or when they relieved him of his weapons upon becoming a suspect) that he had quite a gun collection in the home. Now I realise that he most likely didn't use those weapons but since he's a collector, what would it have taken for him to purchase a gun from a local gun show in WI (easy to do, where they usually ask no questions) and have used that gun since it would be unregistered/untraceable to him anywhere?  He could have disposed of the body and gun in SE/SW WI where it is now deer hunting season in full swing.  Accidental deaths have been known to happen or hunters sometimes don't bring down their targets and they keep going to expire later on.  If he was counting on her not being found period or not found until spring, no one would think the smell of decomposition strange in these areas.  Just my thoughts and opinion.
sleddogs
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #699 on: November 17, 2007, 11:17:58 PM »

Somebody posted this timeline on Greta's website

http://www.acandyrose.com/stacy_peterson_timeline1.htm

It's pretty detailed

Who said Siberian Huskies are too big to be lap dogs?

If ya ain't the lead sleddog, the scenery never changes.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.