March 28, 2024, 05:25:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stacy Ann Peterson 23, Bolingbrook IL - Missing 10/28/07 #1  (Read 1030076 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #700 on: November 17, 2007, 11:30:25 PM »

Sleddogs - thanks!  I was looking for that link  Wink
sleddogs
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #701 on: November 17, 2007, 11:38:22 PM »

Sleddogs - thanks!  I was looking for that link  Wink

I figured you were looking for it. I liked it so well i put in my favorites. 

Who said Siberian Huskies are too big to be lap dogs?

If ya ain't the lead sleddog, the scenery never changes.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #702 on: November 17, 2007, 11:44:20 PM »

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/news/655875,JO17_petersonvigil_s1.article

The brother (Henry Savio)and sister (Anna Marie Dohman) of Cathy Savio take part in the candle light march for Stacey Peterson in Bolingbrook. (Terence Guider-Shaw / The Herald News)

Hundreds turn out for Peterson vigil

November 17, 2007
BY BRIAN STANLEY Staff Writer

BOLINGBROOK--About 200 people, 50 members of the media and two black dogs made the walk Saturday evening from the residence of the late Kathleen Savio to Stacy Peterson;s house.

Friends and relatives arranged the candlelight vigil which covered the two blocks separating the residences of Drew Peterson's third and fourth wives.

Stacy Peterson, the 23-year-old wife of the 53-year-old Peterson, vanished from the couple¹s Pheasant Chase Court home 22 days ago. State police have called the case a "potential homicide" and named Drew Peterson a suspect.

Pink and blue ribbons were tied around every lamppost and tree on Pheasant Chase Court as supporters were given candles with paper cups around them to block the wind and rain.

"This vigil is keeping the awareness out there," said Shawn Cothron, a Bolingbrook resident who spent Saturday morning searching a forest preserve for Stacy Peterson. Cothron has been searching because one of his relatives is a friend of Drew Peterson¹s 15-year-old son.

"I just want to help find some answers, especially for the kids. I think that's what everybody wants," he said.

Some at the rally made signs which read, "2 Beautiful Women plus 1 worthy cause = justice"; "No one is above the law" and "Watch out. We're P.M.S.-ing. Grrr!" Bolingbrook police officers stopped traffic to allow the vigil past the intersection of Lilly Cache Lane. Some neighbors watched from their windows while others came out and joined the procession as it passed by.

When the vigil reached Stacy and Drew Peterson's house, marchers who had been carrying signs set them on the front porch.

Anne Tarbell doesn't know Stacy Peterson or Kathleen Savio, Drew Peterson's third wife who was found dead in her bathtub, but the Bolingbrook woman traveled with the procession despite needing the use of a walker.

"I can't stand that women are being beaten up and murdered," she said.

"Domestic violence has to end."

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #703 on: November 18, 2007, 12:12:00 AM »

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-brown_18_webnov18,0,7591973.story

Peterson's 1st wife describes doting husband
By Gerry Smith

Tribune staff reporter

10:07 PM CST, November 17, 2007

Carol Brown was five months pregnant with Drew Peterson's first child when she had a miscarriage. She had been bed-ridden in the weeks before, and Peterson was by her side, bringing her food and "always being very supportive of me," she said.

It would have been the couple's first child, and Peterson was devastated, she said. Speaking publicly for the first time since the disappearance of Stacy Peterson, Peterson's fourth wife, Brown, 50, described her ex-husband's support during the traumatic pregnancy and painted a more nuanced portrait than the increasingly controlling and suspicious husband described by his second wife and relatives of other wives.

In an interview published in the Tribune on Friday, Drew Peterson's second wife, Vicki Connolly, spoke of the extremes she experienced with him: wonderful at times, and "really bad" at others, including threats on her life.

Brown said Drew Peterson never threatened her or abused her during their six-year marriage between 1974 and 1980. She acknowledged, however, that he was a study in contrasts, a charming teenager and doting young husband who also could be controlling and, eventually, unfaithful.

Police have described Drew Peterson, 53, as a suspect in the disappearance of Stacy Peterson and are reinvestigating the death of his third wife, Kathleen Savio, whose body was discovered in a bathtub in 2004.

Asked if she thought Drew Peterson was involved in either case, Brown said, "I can't answer that."

Brown has declined numerous requests for interviews, allowing her current husband of 26 years, David Brown, to speak for her.

Meanwhile, she has watched media reports on the Peterson case in disbelief, never considering that the lanky teenager she met her freshman year of high school could be capable of murder.

At Willowbrook High School in Villa Park, Carol Brown and Drew Peterson met through a friend of Peterson's, who was a senior at the time. Back then, Brown said, she was drawn to his charismatic and outspoken personality.

"He was very outgoing, always told a lot of jokes," she said. "He was very confident."

The couple went on dates, with Peterson bringing her flowers, taking her to movies and his senior prom.

Three years later, in 1974, they married. After Peterson briefly attended the College of DuPage, the couple moved to Falls Church, Va., where he trained as a military police officer.

"That was always his ambition to be a police officer," she said.

They later moved to Bolingbrook, where they went out to dinner with other police couples. She rarely went out on her own, she said.

"He didn't really like me going out at night with friends," Brown said. "But he wouldn't hold me hostage and say, 'No you can't go out.' "

Peterson, by contrast, was out almost every night as an undercover police officer, she said. Then, when she was pregnant with their second child, she discovered that Peterson had been cheating on her.

"I thought he always had respect for me, but I guess when you stray in a relationship, you don't have respect for the person that you were doing that to."

In 1980, Peterson filed for divorce and appointed an attorney. Brown, who was not working at the time, could not afford a lawyer, so Peterson's attorney oversaw the divorce proceedings.

"That would be the controlling-type thing that he would do," she said. "He'd want things his way, and I'd want things my way and I think that's normal in any divorce relationship."

As for Peterson hiring an attorney to mediate the divorce, Brown said, "What kind of ethics did that lawyer have that he would represent both of us?"

Still, Brown was given full custody of their two children, and in 1981, she married David Brown, who was in Peterson's class at Willowbrook High School.

Though she received only $250 per month in child support, "if the kids ever needed anything extra, whether it was sports equipment or extra fees in school, I would ask him and he would pay it," she said. "There was no argument ever."

Peterson rarely attended his sons' sporting events, but Brown and her husband would be joined by Peterson's second wife, Vicki Connolly.

In August, Brown saw Peterson for the first time in years at their son Steve's wedding. By then, Peterson was married to Stacy Peterson, but he arrived at the wedding alone.

"I didn't feel like I needed to have much contact with him," Brown said.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #704 on: November 18, 2007, 01:00:21 PM »

REMINDER - TONIGHT ON DANA PRETZER

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #705 on: November 18, 2007, 06:53:14 PM »

Is the profiler a relative of the first wife?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #706 on: November 18, 2007, 07:30:23 PM »

Is the profiler a relative of the first wife?

No relation
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #707 on: November 18, 2007, 08:42:19 PM »

Tonights Geraldo show transcribed by Snicker at CTV:

Geraldo At Large Update:
Possible cash motive for the death of KS
DP was already involved with SP when KS died
In March 2005 a handwritten will was filed, it was dated March of 1997 and gave all assets to the spouse should one of them die
Assets DP received after KS died:
$533,000+ in life insurance
$1 million life insurance police for kids that DP controls
Businesses - value unknown, but both were sold
House sold for $288,000
Grand Total is well over $2million
Given the history of DV and the suspicious nature of her death DP should have been looked at much more closely at the time of the coroner's jury into KS's death.
Henry, KS's father, says he believes that DP had something to do with KS's death, but "you have to prove it."
Glad that Baden proved that KS was killed and did not accidentally drown.
Father thinks she was beat up and then drown as Baden said
DP is scheduled to be back on the Today show tomorrow morning
What question would you like to be asked of DP?
Father says he doesn't want to talk to him - can't look at him.
Nick would like to know why?
Savio family never saw a dime of the money DP received after KS died.
Craig Rivera interviewed Steve Cesare
SC dated Tina years ago

When he heard SP was gone, he was very concerned because of the email he had received from her recently that said DP was controlling, manipulative, and somewhat abusive.
When Tina was in the hospital more than 2 hours away, SC offered to take SP to the hospital to visit Tina, but DP said she was not allowed to go.
Tina told SC that she was very cautious of DP because she believed that DP killed KS.
SC looked right at the camera and spoke to DP: "Drew, you were lying through your teeth! These are real (hand on emails) and I'm real! You need to tell us what you did with her (SP)!"

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #708 on: November 18, 2007, 08:45:04 PM »

http://colbyfiles.blogs.foxnews.com/tag/kathleen-savio/

Posts Tagged ‘Kathleen Savio’
Why Was Drew Peterson a “No Show”?
Saturday, November 17th, 2007

Drew Peterson was a “no show” on Saturday’s show and perhaps he will reconsider Sunday.  When I’d spoken with Drew Friday - after an answering machine at his home with Stacy’s voice answered and he screened the call before picking up - he said he would do the interview. That was prior to Dr. Michael Baden’s stunning autopsy conclusions which Greta broke On The Record later Friday night.

Even though Drew Peterson hasn’t been charged with any crime and in fact on Friday learned he will get his police department pension, he may have re-thought his agreement to come on the show after hearing the news that Kathleen Savio’s death has been ruled a homicide by such an experienced and credible forensic pathologist.

Drew told me by phone Friday he is interviewing and selecting a “team of attorneys” so that he is prepared for whatever is ahead in this investigation. He’d made a public plea for an attorney willing to take his case when he appeared on the “Today Show”. Maybe he was advised not to do the interview today or he may simply and suddenly have “no comment”.

Drew told me four days after Stacy disappeared - as I sat in his living room -  that he welcomed the re-investigation of Kathleen Savio’s death. “The conclusions” he told me “will be the same”. As most of you know that turns out to not be the case. In addition to explaining how he came to his manner of death ruling, Dr. Baden told me on our show today that one of the jurors during the inquest into Kathleen’s death was a police officer that knew Drew Peterson.

Do you think Drew had connections and caused a cover-up in the original investigation? This new investigation has a new police chief and new state’s attorney in charge and if Drew did hamper the prior investigation it’s a safe bet because of that we’ll learn about it.

As for the children - the original topic for today’s interview with Drew - all four children remain in Drew’s care and custody and we do not know if any of them learned the news of this new Kathleen Savio independent autopsy ruling. The two older children are Kathleen’s and Drew’s (adopted by Stacy after Kathleen’s death in 2004) and certainly they are old enough to read the paper or check headlines on-line.

Drew continues to deny any involvement in either his third or fourth’s wives death or disappearance respectively but I wanted the opportunity to ask him how he is explaining all of this to his children. I’ve left several messages and I’ll let you know if he agrees to talk to us on tomorrow’s show Fox News Live, Sunday 10am eastern.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #709 on: November 18, 2007, 09:09:04 PM »

Come to the Musing thread to discuss the Dana Pretzer show.  Clint van Zandt discussing the case right now.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #710 on: November 18, 2007, 09:28:35 PM »

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-peterson_webnov19,0,1245434.story?coll=chi_tab01_layout

Peterson to appear on 'Today' show again
Tribune staff report

7:10 PM CST, November 18, 2007

Drew Peterson, whose fourth wife, Stacy, has been missing since Oct. 28, will make a second appearance on the "Today" show Monday morning, according to the show's producers.

Peterson, 53, will join "Today" show host Matt Lauer for a live interview during the first hour of the NBC show, which starts at 7 a.m., to answer questions about the latest developments in the case. Peterson will not be in the studio, but he will participate from an undisclosed location, joined by his attorney, Joel Brodsky, of the Chicago firm Brodsky & Odeh, said Megan Kopf, a spokeswoman for the show

Peterson previously appeared on the Today show on Wednesday. He said he thought his wife had left him for another man and asked her to come back to their Bolingbrook home.

Peterson, who was a 29-year veteran of the Bolingbrook Police Department, has been named by investigators as a suspect in the disappearance of his 23-year-old wife
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #711 on: November 18, 2007, 09:54:22 PM »

November 18th, 2007 9:48 PM Eastern
Statement from Sgt. Drew Peterson’s Lawyer
by Greta Van Susteren

UPDATE - See below.  I want to make sure you have the chance to read all the documents and releases that we receive.

There are two important points to keep in mind in reading the statement of Sgt. Drew Peterson’s lawyer below:

1/ What did the state’s medical examiner who did the autopsy the day before Dr. Baden conclude? (that is not yet released….)

2/ Dr. Baden did NOT say Drew Peterson killed wife #3. In fact, he specifically said on ON THE RECORD on Friday night that he could not tell from the autopsy — he could only tell the manner of death (not who did it.) No one has named Peterson a suspect in her death — and an investigation should be commenced that is wide open and not focused on one person. Good investigators don’t have their suspect first and then collect evidence to prove it — they do the reverse: they gather evidence to see who their suspect is.

Peterson statement:

We are the attorneys for Drew Peterson. We have seen Dr. Baden’s T.V. interviews regarding his autopsy of the remains of Kathleen Savio, which originally appeared on the FOX New Channel which we note is part of the FOX Entertainment Group. The results of Dr. Baden’s autopsy on Ms. Savio do not surprise us, not because we believe they are accurate, but only because Dr. Baden had indicated over a week before he had performed the autopsy that he believed Kathleen’s death was not an accident. While Dr. Baden is an eminent and renowned pathologist, we do not know his motivation for donating his services, and the nature of his arrangement with the FOX Entertainment Group. It has been reported that FOX paid for Dr. Baden’s trip to perform the autopsy, and his first interviews were on the FOX Entertainment owned FOX News Channel. All we wish to say is that Kathleen’s death should not be a source of entertainment.

We are also compelled to respond to one of Dr. Baden’s statements regarding his autopsy of Kathleen Savio. Dr. Baden is quoted as saying that ANormal healthy people don’t die accidently in bathtubs@. We are troubled by this statement. Even assuming that Ms. Savio was a Anormal healthy@ person, the US Consumer Product Safety Commission reported that in 2006 alone there were 126,563 bathtub/shower related injuries in the U.S. based on 3,147 reported incidents, including 4 reported deaths, for people between the ages of 21 and 65. A great many of these reported injuries included lacerations, contusions and abrasions from falls in bathtubs. Also, of the 6 bathtub/shower related deaths reported to the Consumer Product Safety Commission in 2006, 2 included deaths by drowning.

We are concerned that there may be a rush to judgment in the Savio and Peterson investigations fueled by the media attention. Our hope is that the authorities are not swayed by what may prove to be inaccurate statements, or by media created pressure, and will only be influenced by confirmed facts and hard evidence.

Once again, for the sake of Mr. Peterson’s children who are caught up in this affair, we ask that the media exercise restraint. Mr. Peterson will comment through our office when such comment is appropriate. Otherwise, there will be no comment.

http://gretawire.foxnews.com/
oldencrabby
Scared Monkey

« Reply #712 on: November 19, 2007, 09:54:40 AM »

Mad  DP attorney really didn't want him talking this morning on Today show. Matt Lauer was not a happy camper.  DP does not expect to be charged?  Whoa, Drew!  Better buy some Depends, me thinks you'll be needin' them!  IMO Everyone will need their chest waders for the chit is gettin' deep!

Special delivery!
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #713 on: November 19, 2007, 10:02:53 AM »

Mad  DP attorney really didn't want him talking this morning on Today show. Matt Lauer was not a happy camper.  DP does not expect to be charged?  Whoa, Drew!  Better buy some Depends, me thinks you'll be needin' them!  IMO Everyone will need their chest waders for the chit is gettin' deep!

oldencrabby...IMO...DP does not expect to be charged because he knows they will not find Stacy. Did you see the post I left you the other day about DP dating Stacy? It answered your question.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #714 on: November 19, 2007, 10:53:09 AM »

I woke up later than usual and happened to turn on the TV right when the interview started.  Drew's attorney and Drew came off as idiots, IMO.
Jennifer34
Scared Monkey

« Reply #715 on: November 19, 2007, 11:09:53 AM »

They did sound like idiots.  For the life of me, unless this atty. is getting alot of $, why would he want to associate his name with DP?  I am not a big Matt L. fan, but I have to say, I loved him cutting the atty. off and pointing out that he was not asking comments on facts, but personal feelings.  The atty. certainly didn't want DP speaking at all.  It is obvious, DP has NO WORRIES that SP will EVER be found.  I don't really think he is even worried about being tried for either case.  He has gotten away with so much for so long, he has no fear.  I wouldn't be surprised if this jerk didnt end up married as soon as he can be considered legally divorced from SP.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #716 on: November 19, 2007, 11:10:48 AM »

Transcript and video of todays TODAY show with Peterson and his attorney:

Go to the link to watch the video

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/21879476/

Ex-cop addresses suspicions in disappearance
Suspect in missing wife’s disappearance urges her to ‘publicly show herself’
By John Springer
TODAYShow.com contributor
updated 6:01 a.m. PT, Mon., Nov. 19, 2007

Nearly a month after his fourth wife went missing and a week after the body of his third wife was exhumed, former Illinois police sergeant Drew Peterson is finally doing what many legal experts said he should have been doing from the start.

Peterson is “lawyering up.”

In contrast to his exclusive appearance last week on TODAY, Peterson, 53, left most of the talking to attorney Joel Brodsky during a second live interview on Monday. TODAY co-host Matt Lauer spent much of the interview trying to get Brodsky to let Peterson answer questions about his reaction to pathologist Michael Baden’s opinion that Peterson’s third wife, Kathleen Savio’s death in 2004 was a homicide staged to look like an accidental drowning in a bathtub.

Brodsky answered for Peterson, whom police have named a suspect in both the death of Savio and the Oct. 23 disappearance of the woman Peterson married soon after Savio died, 23-year-old Stacy Peterson. Brodsky said that Baden, who conducted a second autopsy last week at the request of Savio’s family, had made up his mind that the third Mrs. Peterson was murdered before he examined her remains on Friday.

“Dr. Baden, with all due respect to him, is a renowned pathologist, but he had a pre-existing opinion before he did the autopsy,” Brodsky said, pointing to interviews Baden granted a cable news network. “His conclusion was a self-fulfilling prophecy.”

After a back-and-forth with Brodsky about what Peterson would and would not be allowed to comment on, Lauer finally got to ask Peterson a question.

“Mr. Peterson, are you upset to learn that she may have been murdered?” he asked.

“Yes, I am upset to hear something like that. Very much so,” Peterson said.

Brodsky took issue with Baden’s statement on another program that people rarely die in bathtub accidents, saying statistically it is quite common.

“We do disagree with his finding. The first autopsy, from what I understand was very thorough. They concluded it was an accident,” Brodsky said.

‘Walking a fine line’
Noting that Brodsky was continuously blocking questions intended for Peterson, Lauer appeared a bit frustrated but was determined to get answers from him.

“It appears now that I’m going to be walking a fine line between what you want to tell me, Mr. Brodsky, and what Mr. Peterson is allowed to tell me,” Lauer said.

Peterson did say that there is clearly animosity between himself and his second wife, Vicki Connelly, but he was not aware of it until she spoke to the Chicago Tribune. Connelly said Peterson, who resigned last week from the Bolingbrook, Ill., Police Department, told her he could kill her and make it look like an accident.

“He has the experience, the knowledge, the means and the mind to do that,” Connelly told the newspaper.

Asked about the comment, Peterson said only, “I thought we were friends.”

Brodsky would not allow Peterson to confirm or deny the comment.

“People that are divorced are always making accusations and comments about each other. This is simply a comment by someone who went through a divorce with Mr. Peterson,” the lawyer said.

‘Kids need a mom’
Peterson, who is not charged with any crime, repeated his public plea last week for Stacy Peterson to return home to care for the couple’s two young children. He continues to believe that she ran off with another man, leaving him to answer questions about her strange and sudden disappearance.

“Are you worried about her, Mr. Peterson?” Lauer asked.

“Of course,” he replied. “Your wife leaves and I have kids at home, you are very much worried about her.”

“Although you think she is with another man, are you worried that she may never come back to be a mother to these children?” Lauer pressed, after wrestling with Peterson’s lawyer again to find a question he could answer.

“Yes, I am,” Peterson said.

“Kids need a mom … Basically, I’d like to have her publicly show herself now and clear all of this up.”

A county coroner’s report on the second autopsy of Kathleen Savio’s body is expected to be finalized in late December. Baden, the former chief medical examiner for New York City, has said publicly that his examination of Savio’s body on Friday leads him to conclude that she struggled with her killer and that the scene was staged to look like an accidental drowning.

“I’m convinced she was the victim of a murder. ‘Who done it’ is up to the police to resolve,” Baden told The Associated Press.

Attorneys, as a rule, do not like targets of criminal investigations to give interviews at all. Peterson, however, has said that he has been speaking to NBC News, in part, to get the media to stop camping outside of his home. But he does so at his own peril.

If he is charged, his public statements about the disappearance of Stacy Peterson, Savio’s death and his rocky relationship with both women could be used to impeach his credibility if he were to testify differently at a trial.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #717 on: November 19, 2007, 11:55:58 AM »

Posted on Greta's blog:

Comment by BBrookMom
November 19th, 2007 at 11:48 am

I was hoping that Ric might have answered my question about Steve. I guess he really can’t say too much, but it sure would be good if he could share more with us.

Anyway, I had a reason for asking, because I DID speak with a very close neighbor to Kathleen this past Saturday. I live 5-6 blocks away from DP, and I knew this woman lived closer to DP than I did, but until talking with her Saturday, I just didn’t realize HOW close. I know her from activities our children our involved in. She lives 4 houses away from Kathleen’s former home.

She says the neighbors ALL knew about the domestic violence calls and the problems in the Peterson home/marriage. It was common knowledge among the neighbors, but NO ONE stood up to help because of who Drew was. They were too afraid and didn’t want to make an enemy of this man. He was a police officer, they felt helpless to do anything.

Never thinking that it would result in murder, but that most neighbors suspected it was. Still today - most everyone in the neighborhood believes he is guilty of both Kathleen’s murder and Stacy’s probable murder BUT NO ONE WILL SAY ANYTHING BECAUSE OF THEIR FEAR OF HIM.

http://gretawire.foxnews.com/2007/11/19/monday-morning-2/all-comments/#comments
oldencrabby
Scared Monkey

« Reply #718 on: November 19, 2007, 12:12:54 PM »

oldencrabby...IMO...DP does not expect to be charged because he knows they will not find Stacy. Did you see the post I left you the other day about DP dating Stacy? It answered your question.

Thank you for pointing me back to your reply, I have not had time to read back.  Interesting.

Special delivery!
Levi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #719 on: November 19, 2007, 12:31:49 PM »

Lawyer for Peterson Expects No Charges

1 hour ago

CHICAGO (AP) — A lawyer representing a former police officer suspected in the disappearance of his wife said Monday he does not believe his client will face charges stemming from the investigation.

Speaking on NBC's "Today" show, lawyer Joel Brodsky also criticized the media for their coverage of Drew Peterson, who resigned as a Bolingbrook police sergeant after his 23-year-old fourth wife, Stacy, vanished three weeks ago.

Police have named the 53-year-old Peterson as a suspect in her disappearance, and authorities have called the case a possible homicide. He has denied any involvement in her disappearance.

"We do not expect to be charged in these cases," Brodsky said. "This is out of control. It's a rush to judgment fueled by people, by entertainment and people seem to want to be entertained by what's going on."

Brodsky, who began representing Peterson on Friday, declined to let his client respond to most questions during Monday's short interview.

Peterson, whose children with Stacy Peterson are 2 and 4, answered "yes" when asked if he was worried she may never return home. "Kids need a mom," he said.

Asked if he was worried about his wife, he said: "Of course. Your wife leaves you and I have kids at home, you're very much worried about her."

Peterson reiterated that he thinks his wife left him for another man. "I'd like to have her publicly show herself so we can clear all this up," said Peterson, who has older children from an earlier marriage.

Stacy Peterson, who was studying nursing at a junior college, disappeared from the couple's suburban Chicago home Oct. 28. Volunteers have been canvassing fields, lakes and construction sites near the family's Bolingbrook house, but have found no traces of the woman.

Still, the investigation into her disappearance caused prosecutors to reopen the investigation into the death of Peterson's third wife, Kathleen Savio, whose body was found in a bathtub in 2004.

At the time, authorities ruled her death an accidental drowning, but investigators exhumed her body last week at the request of a prosecutor, who has said after examining evidence he believes her death was a homicide staged to look like an accident.

A pathologist who conducted another autopsy on Savio's body for her family said last week he believes the woman was murdered.

Peterson has also denied any role in Savio's death. He was asked Monday for his reaction to speculation that Savio was murdered. "Yes, I'm upset to hear something like that said. Very much so," he said.
http://tinyurl.com/2z7jl2
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.