March 28, 2024, 07:53:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stacy Ann Peterson 23, Bolingbrook IL - Missing 10/28/07 #1  (Read 1030008 times)
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #740 on: November 19, 2007, 10:19:41 PM »

Once again Drew Peterson's friend Steve Cercerano is sticking up for him.  He said he talks to Drew on a daily basis and in fact he spoke to him a little bit ago.  He is saying Drew can't win at this point with the media.  He said he is not suspicious at all about Drew and wife number three.  He said Drew got choked up when he talked about her and he also got choked up when he was talking about Stacy.  He said he was present for it.

This guy is FOS.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #741 on: November 19, 2007, 10:27:18 PM »

Jeffrey Fieger said DP's lawyer did a good and bad job.  He said in this case DP did himself no good by going in the media spotlight.

Ted Williams said about DP to go on National TV and sit there like a potted plant Laughing
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #742 on: November 20, 2007, 12:10:16 AM »

Ted also said it was like ARUBA, no body/no case!

That has become a global mantra of sorts.  Seems that to get away with a crime such as murder, all one has to do is make the body disappear.  Is this the result of the swing from circumstantial to forensic evidence?  Can we no longer get a conviction without forensics when we did so for centuries before most of the methods used today even existed?

Maybe a little balance between the two is  in order.  People cannot continue to be allowed to get off of crimes when they are guilty because they have hidden the body especially well.

I am not saying anybody, even DP is guilty of anything.  Just that there has to be a way to obtain a conviction without a body.  Otherwise, it's open season if you hide the body well enough.  That's just unacceptable.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #743 on: November 20, 2007, 12:18:56 AM »

That has become a global mantra of sorts.  Seems that to get away with a crime such as murder, all one has to do is make the body disappear.  Is this the result of the swing from circumstantial to forensic evidence?  Can we no longer get a conviction without forensics when we did so for centuries before most of the methods used today even existed?

Maybe a little balance between the two is  in order.  People cannot continue to be allowed to get off of crimes when they are guilty because they have hidden the body especially well.

I am not saying anybody, even DP is guilty of anything.  Just that there has to be a way to obtain a conviction without a body.  Otherwise, it's open season if you hide the body well enough.  That's just unacceptable.

I agree Anna.

Wendy Murphy said it best the other night.  She said she understands why people take matters into their own hands (Vigilante Justice).  I can understand it also.  I'm not saying it is the right thing to do but in this case it would be well deserved to see DP get his.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #744 on: November 20, 2007, 12:35:42 AM »

Yes, it is part of the social contract into which we were born that we exchange the right to vengeance in exchange for justice, the basic concept of civilization and the law.

When there is no justice, this contract is broken.  People will not stand for it for long.  It really needs to be corrected and the rules for collecting evidence adjusted or whatever is needed to put an end to this business of hiding the body and going on "free feet."

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #745 on: November 20, 2007, 02:08:18 AM »

It's unacceptable, and very frightening.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #746 on: November 20, 2007, 05:29:32 AM »

NANCY GRACE

Sergeant Drew Peterson Tells Media to Go Home

Aired November 19, 2007 - 20:00:00   ET

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

MIKE BROOKS, GUEST HOST: Tonight: He makes the media rounds again, denying any involvement in his third wife`s mysterious death or his fourth wife`s disappearance. And now Drew Peterson goes back on the airwaves, but this time, his lawyer does all the talking. With the state`s autopsy results still pending, Peterson`s attorney blasts an independent autopsy ruling the death of Kathleen Savio a homicide.
And tonight: After wife number two comes forward, calling her marriage to Peterson abusive and controlling, wife number one finally speaks out.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Last time he was on the NBC "Today" show, Drew Peterson answered every question Matt Lauer asked. This time, the former Chicago-area cop let his lawyer do most of the talking. This morning, Drew Peterson once again denied any involvement in his wife`s disappearance. He also hinted that his wife had run off with another man and that she should now come back home. On Saturday, the family of Peterson`s wife, Stacy, held a vigil outside the couple`s home.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: (INAUDIBLE) Stacy (INAUDIBLE)

(END VIDEO CLIP)

BROOKS: Good evening. I`m Mike Brooks, in for Nancy Grace. His fourth wife is missing and his third wife`s mysterious death is under investigation, and now Drew Peterson is all lawyered up.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

DREW PETERSON, SUSPECT IN WIFE`S DISAPPEARANCE: It`s mind-boggling. You know, it`s just like people are looking at me under a magnifying glass. And it`s very upsetting. I mean, what I had for breakfast is a big -- is newsworthy.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Drew Peterson addresses the media upon arriving home from his second interview in five days on NBC`s "Today" show. The former Bolingbrook police officer is a suspect in the disappearance case of his 23-year-old wife, Stacy, and says he`s tired of all this attention.

PETERSON: Please go home. Thanksgiving`s in the next couple days. Please go home. Please leave me alone. Please don`t get involved in my (INAUDIBLE)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: No such antics earlier on national TV, as new legal counsel Joel Brodsky insisted on answering most of Matt Lauer`s questions. This from Brodsky in response to an independent autopsy by Dr. Michael Baden that showed that the death of Peterson`s third wife, Kathleen Savio, was staged to be an accident.

Meanwhile, Peterson`s first wife, Carol Brown, was appearing on ABC`s "Good Morning America" to say the Drew she knew was not capable of murder.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Over the weekend, we heard from the family of his first wife, who said, OK, he was very controlling, he cheated on her, but as for any type of physical or mental violence, that didn`t happen.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

BROOKS: Good evening. I`m Mike Brooks, in for Nancy Grace. Well, he says he`s tired of all this attention, but we see Drew Peterson back with his mug in front of the camera again. For the latest, let`s go out to Chicago, with Kathy Chaney, reporter for "The Chicago Defender." Kathy, what`s the latest?

KATHY CHANEY, "THE CHICAGO DEFENDER": The latest is he went on the "Today" show again this morning, and he was completely emotionless, barely said anything. But after that was over, he gets home and the local media gets a taste of Drew Peterson again. He had a photo shoot with "People" magazine.

BROOKS: Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait!

(CROSSTALK)

BROOKS: He had a photo shoot with "People" magazine?

CHANEY: Yes, there was a photo crew I believe from "People" magazine waiting at his house, and he took some pictures. I`m not sure when the issue is supposed to hit the newsstands or what the issue is about, but they were there taking pictures of him.

BROOKS: Is he getting paid for this?

CHANEY: I have no idea yet.

BROOKS: Interesting. Let`s take a listen to what he had to say on the "Today" show for the second time.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

MATT LAUER, "TODAY": Mr. Peterson, are you upset to learn that she may have been murdered?

JOEL BRODSKY, PETERSON`S ATTORNEY: Go ahead.

PETERSON: Yes, I`m upset to hear something like that said, very much so.

LAUER: Do you maintain that it still was an accident? Do you disagree with Dr. Baden`s findings?

BRODSKY: Well (INAUDIBLE) now -- now you`re asking a fact, and we do disagree with his findings.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

BROOKS: That was Drew Peterson making his second appearance on the "Today" show. But this time, Peterson takes the advice of a lawyer while talking about the mysterious death of his third wife.

I want to go right out now to Jon Leiberman, correspondent from "America`s Most Wanted." Jon, thanks for being with us.

JON LEIBERMAN, "AMERICA`S MOST WANTED": Hey, Mike.

BROOKS: Well, you were out there this weekend. Tell me what`s going on out there and the search efforts and what you all are doing right now, too.

LEIBERMAN: Well, first of all, the fact that Drew Peterson is tired of the media? Come on! Posing for a picture spread on the lawn? And this morning, that was a whole media blitz for his attorney. But that`s a whole other -- we`ll talking about that later.

But yes, we were out there this weekend. We launched an aerial search of our own, Mike, because the fact of the matter is there`s really no organized search right now going on for Stacy Peterson. We need to bring Stacy home, so we launched...

BROOKS: Now, Jon, have they stopped searching for her, or is it they just -- maybe they have run out of tips and they`ve run out of any kind of leads whatsoever?

LEIBERMAN: Well, there`s a few different things at play, Mike. Number one, Equusearch went home. They`re the group who was out there for about the first week, doing some searches on the ground. Number two, the family and neighbors have stopped searching over this holiday week. But we wanted to go for a few reasons, Mike. One was to get a lay of the land because we continue to get leads into our crime center here. We wanted to get the lay of the land so that we could see if these tips were indeed good or not.

BROOKS: Now, when you were up -- you were up -- you went up with a friend, a very good friend of his, who we`re going to talk to in just a moment, Rick Mims. Now, Rick was here with us last -- on Friday night, and really gave us a lot of good insight into Drew Peterson and Stacy Peterson`s relationship. But he also apparently used to go flying with him quite a bit. We`re going to talk to him about that. Did you all go along the route where he used to like to go flying?

LEIBERMAN: Great question. We absolutely did. Rick showed us the airport where Drew kept his plane, the route that they would always drive to get to the airport, and perhaps more importantly, the places where Drew used to like to go with Stacy. He was teaching Stacy how to ride a motorcycle. They used to like to hang out along the Illinois River. So obviously, police have been telling us behind the scenes they fear that Stacy is in the water somewhere.

Well, we did an aerial canvas of the Illinois River. And Mike, I do want to give you a little piece of breaking news, as well. We did learn tonight from Illinois State Police that they`ve greatly upped the manpower assigned to this case. They`re now bringing investigators in from all throughout Illinois to aid in this investigation -- not so much the search for Stacy, but in the criminal investigation.

BROOKS: Now, you know, increasing the number of investigators and the state police on this, it strikes me as a little weird they haven`t done this up until now. Why do you think that they`re now assigning more people? Are they getting more leads?

LEIBERMAN: Well, there`s a few things at play here. With all the national coverage, they are getting more leads. We`re getting leads in. But also remember now they have to look into the Kathleen Savio case, as well. This is something that they`re also looking into. So now they have two cases, and they have a lot of guys behind the scenes going through the forensics of Drew`s cars, what they got out of the house, the guns, the toothbrushes, et cetera. But now they`re also canvassing a number of different areas, looking for people who knew Drew. They`re trying to make sense of this timeline that Drew Peterson has given them.
BROOKS: Exactly. And there were apparently some discrepancies in the timeline, and that`s one of the things we were talking to Rick Mims about. But this Illinois River location, have they gone up there and looked around that area yet, or do they plan to?

LEIBERMAN: They have done a little bit of looking around that area, but the problem, Mike, and you know this as an investigator -- I mean, we were over Bolingbrook and then we flew a little bit out. There are so many possible areas to put a body. You`re talking about quarries, you`re talking about waterways, you`re talking about dense brush. So unfortunately, at this point, police have only been able to search a very, very small area based on very specific tips. And that`s why we hope -- we`re airing another segment on this next Saturday night. We hope to get more specific leads in so that the Illinois State Police can have more specifics, as well.

BROOKS: Very interesting. Right now, I want to go out to a very special guest joining us by phone, and that is the person we were just talking about moments ago, Rick Mims, a good friend of Drew Peterson, or maybe a former good friend of Drew Peterson. And he also knew Stacy Peterson very well. Rick thanks for joining us again.

RICK MIMS, FRIEND OF DREW PETERSON`S: How`re you doing?

BROOKS: Good, buddy. You really -- you really gave us a lot of good information on Friday and filled in a lot of the questions that we had. But I want to just go back for some of our viewers who may not have been with us. Tell us about your relationship with Drew Peterson.

MIMS: I`ve known Drew since I was about 13 years old, and I met him when I was stocking a cooler at the local convenience store. And once a few years went down the line, we worked together at a sports bar here in town. He was a hired police officer for security, I was a bar back (ph). And then later on, we worked together at the cable company here in town. We hung out, went out to dinner, did a little drinking.

BROOKS: Now, the bar he owned, was that the bar that he owned with Kathleen Savio?

MIMS: Yes.

BROOKS: It was?

MIMS: No, no. The one we worked at? No, no, no.

BROOKS: OK. OK. So that was before that?

MIMS: Correct.

BROOKS: OK. I got it.

MIMS: That would have been in the late `80s.

BROOKS: Late `80s. Now...

MIMS: Yes, before he owned the other bar.

BROOKS: Now, you know, one of the questions that I had today, Rick -- you know Stacy and you know Drew very well. Drew all of a sudden just decided within the last week or so to retire from the Bolingbrook Police Department after 29 years. Had he ever spoken to you at all about retiring before all this came up?

MIMS: Oh, yes. He was planning on retiring. He only had 10 days left to retire before all this came up.

BROOKS: Only 10 days?

MIMS: Yes.

BROOKS: Interesting. Now, this weekend, there was a vigil held. Were you at the vigil?

MIMS: No, I wasn`t back from New York in time.

BROOKS: But this weekend, though, you went up in the plane and went over the route that you and Drew -- you used to fly with Drew quite a bit?

MIMS: A few times, yes.

BROOKS: And the area that Jon was talking about -- you know, you`re from there. Describe that area to us. Is it a dense -- is it a very, very densely wooded ? Quarries, rivers? What`s along that route that he likes to fly, Rick?

MIMS: There`s the Illinois River, the Fox River, a lot of cornfields with dense, wooded brush, you know, in certain areas. But it`s really a rural area. Lots of -- like (INAUDIBLE) near Star (ph) Rock (ph), there`s a lot of wooded areas, a lot of trails, a lot of bike trails, a lot of quarries. There`s a lot of, you know, 80 to 120-foot deep quarries that are closed down now that are filled with water in this area.

BROOKS: Now, when is the water going to start freezing? And I know you`re right outside of Chicago and it gets extremely cold up there because I used to live in Minnesota for a while, and I know how cold it got there. Now, when does the water start freezing in Chicago this time of the year?

MIMS: Usually about the end of February -- I mean, end of March -- I mean, end of January, first of February, somewhere around there.

BROOKS: I want to go out to the phones. Rebecca from California, thanks for joining us.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Hi. Thank you for taking my call.

BROOKS: Sure.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: My question is this. I`m having a problem with Drew Peterson saying his wife was cheating on him. First of all, it seems like he kept her on a tight leash. And another point I`d like to make is that wouldn`t there be some kind of a trail, whether it be paper or electronic, if she is cheating, which I doubt?

BROOKS: You know, I want to go out former NYPD deputy inspector Ron Schindel. Ron, the paper trail -- now, we know that they had two search warrants on the house and they got computers, cell phone records. What other kind of things are they going to be -- evidence are they going to be looking at to say, OK, let`s try to put together this timeline? Was there really another man?

RON SCHINDEL, FORMER NYPD DEPUTY INSPECTOR: Well, Mike, a few things they`re going to do, of course, are always electronic searches and paper searches. But nowadays, you can`t drive by a convenience store, you can`t drive by a gas station without going under a CCTV surveillance camera. She must have passed hundreds, if not thousands of CCTV surveillance systems while she was driving within 15 miles of her home. I`m sure investigators are going to start going to these various locations, asking them for the tapes around that date and going over them with a fine-toothed comb.

BROOKS: I want to go back to Jon Leiberman, correspondent for "America`s Most Wanted." Jon, do we have any idea at all -- you know, is law enforcement giving any insight into any kind of evidence that they have or any kind of evidence like Ron was talking about, any kind of, you know, video from stores, that kind of thing?

LEIBERMAN: Well, they`re trying to keep it close to the vest, Mike. What I can tell you is the grand jury is going to reconvene on Wednesday morning. They`re having a morning session this week. And state police has continued to hand over different bits of evidence to this grand jury.

They`re keeping it quiet for several reasons, as you know in law enforcement, but mainly because they`re really, really interested in this timeline that Drew has set out and trying to corroborate or contradict what he initially told investigators because we did confirm that in front of the grand jury, Drew took the 5th Amendment, so he did not, according to our sources, say anything to the grand jury. But police did speak to him in the hours shortly after Stacy had disappeared. So that is really a critical piece right there.

BROOKS: So he took the 5th during the grand jury. That`s amazing.
LEIBERMAN: Our sources have confirmed, yes, that he did indeed take the 5th Amendment when he was called in front of the grand jury about a week ago.

BROOKS: You know, right now, I want to uncage the attorneys. Here in New York, Alex Sanchez, defense attorney, and also Lauren Lake, defense attorney. OK, we`ve heard him again and again on TV. He finally has an attorney. Maybe he got this attorney from his television appeal that he made last week. And now we hear from Jon Leiberman that he took the 5th Amendment in the grand jury. Alex, what does that say to you?

ALEX SANCHEZ, DEFENSE ATTORNEY: Well, the first question I have is how did that information come out? Because grand jury proceedings are supposed to be secret. And so there`s either a police officer or a district attorney or some person that is releasing this information that they`re not supposed to be doing. And as far as I`m concerned, that is already impairing the case that the prosecution is trying to build at this point.

BROOKS: Now Lauren, he`s lawyered up now. What does that say to you? And you know, does he -- do you think he needs an attorney right now?

LAUREN LAKE, DEFENSE ATTORNEY: Absolutely. He has to have an attorney right now, and he`s doing the right thing. What I find to be the wrong thing is that the defense attorney and Mr. Peterson needs to take a page from the state. They say the state is keeping the case on the low. They need to be a little bit more on the low.

All of these appearances and playing up to the camera and photo shoots, I`m not liking it at all. And what I really don`t like about it is that Mr. Peterson`s not coming off as a very lovable character. And so the more we get to know him, unfortunately, the more negative commentary we have about his personality and the way he seems to come across. I don`t like that at all from a defense perspective.

BROOKS: Alex, do you agree with that? He`s not presenting himself in the best light?

SANCHEZ: No, he has buried himself, and I don`t know if he can ever get himself out of this hole. Going on TV, using very unfortunate phrases, for example, when he said that, you know, every month, his wife would ask for a divorce when she was having her period. I mean, this is very offensive statements. How could he ever recover from this? The only thing he can do at this point is simply be quiet, not go on the media, and you know, release information through his lawyer that he`s very concerned about the whereabouts of his wife.

LAKE: And Mike, another line -- I hate (ph) to go off of Alex -- is the one that said, This is hilarious. What`s hilarious? What is hilarious about your wife missing? This isn`t how I planned to spend my retirement. Mr. Peterson, go somewhere and sit down!

BROOKS: Well, you know, this is one of the first times I`m going to have to agree with both of you joining us tonight. I think he needs to just go back in his house, shut his mouth. And his attorney -- you know, his attorney needs to get a publicist or something. But look, I don`t think he`s receiving really good advice. Not at all.

SANCHEZ: No, I have a serious doubt whether or not his attorney is probably advising him. This is a fellow who does not have media experience. He doesn`t know what it`s like to speak on television and to be interviewed by reporters. And instead, he`s going on the media and just answering more and more questions. All he`s essentially doing is denying it. He needs to stop.

BROOKS: And on the "Today" show, they`d asked him a question, he looked to his attorney, like, Can I answer this?

We`re going to talk more about that, .......

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Former Chicago cop Drew Peterson back on national TV this morning. Now, it`s been three weeks since his wife Stacy disappeared, and while her family and friends wait for answers, suspicion is swirling around her husband. He is a suspect in her disappearance but denies any involvement. And then, of course, last week, we saw the body of his previous wife, his third wife exhumed, along with new questions about her death. It had initially been ruled an accident. The new autopsy results won`t be out for a few days, but his third wife`s family did hire an independent pathologist who concluded Kathleen Savio was murdered.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

BROOKS: I`m Mike Brooks, in for Nancy Grace. Well, Drew Peterson is again saying he wants the media to leave him alone. He doesn`t want them camped out side of his house anymore. He wants them to go away. But it seems like he hasn`t met a camera that he hasn`t fell in love with. He was back on the "Today" show for the second time. Let`s take a listen.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

LAUER: Are you worried about her, Mr. Peterson?

PETERSON: Of course. You know, your wife leaves you and you have kids at home, you`re very much worried about her.

LAUER: Although you think she is with another man, are you worried that she may never come back to be a mother to these children?

PETERSON: I don`t know. I have no idea.

LAUER: I said are you worried?

PETERSON: This is something that -- am I worried?

LAUER: Are you worried that she may never come back to be a mother to your children?

PETERSON: Yes, I am. Kids need a mom.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

BROOKS: That was video of Drew Peterson on the "Today" show. Peterson talks about the disappearance of his fourth wife, Stacy, and the impact it will have on their kids.

Right now, I want to go out to Robi Ludwig, psychotherapist and author of "Till Death Do Us Part." Robi, you`ve seen a number of his appearances now. Now the second time on the "Today" show. As a psychotherapist, what do you think of his body language and what he has to say and just his whole demeanor?

ROBI LUDWIG, PSYCHOTHERAPIST: He has a very, very bizarre demeanor. He is so obviously unempathetic. And also, he sounds a little annoyed and angry, like, Why are you asking me all of these questions? My wife left me.

But what I really do believe is that he thinks his wife did leave him, and that`s one of the things that probably prompted his aggressiveness towards her. So I think in his mind, he feels that she left him, he`s unloved, and therefore, that`s what happened. He`s somehow justified.

Of course, I don`t want to say that he`s guilty, but you know, this is a very dangerous person, somebody who`s angry, feels left, and that`s very often what happens with controlling husbands. They very often get violent when they feel that they are losing their wife. And instead of lose them, they take the ultimate in control and they basically eliminate their wives.

BROOKS: Well, you know, when we heard from wife number two, Vicki Connolly, just last weekend, she was saying very, very controlling, very abusive. But we`ve now heard from wife number one, and we`re going to talk about that in just one second.

But I want to go out to the lines. Ellen from New Jersey, thanks for joining us.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Hi. Thanks for taking my call. Can they get a search warrant and go in with the cadaver dogs into his house?

BROOKS: Kathy Chaney, reporter from "The Chicago Defender," did they go into his house? I mean, I know early on, we saw that there were some dogs there. Did they go into the house with any cadaver dogs, do we know?

CHANEY: I believe they went around the house, but not inside the house. But they did come and execute two search warrants. And he was cooperative with the first.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

PETERSON: It`s mind-boggling. You know, it`s just like people are looking at me under the magnifying glass, and it`s very upsetting. I mean, what I had for breakfast is a big -- is newsworthy. So it`s crazy. Please go home. Thanksgiving is the next couple days. Please go home. Please leave me alone. Please don`t get involved in my (INAUDIBLE)

(END VIDEO CLIP)

BROOKS: I`m Mike Brooks, in for Nancy Grace. Well, wife number four still missing, wife number three exhumed last week. We`ve have heard from wife number two and now from wife number one.

I want to go right out to Jon Leiberman, correspondent for "America`s Most Wanted." Jon, what do we know about Carol Brown?

LEIBERMAN: They were high school sweethearts. They were married for a short time. Carol did come out today on "Good Morning America" and say that Drew was never abusive her, although he did exhibit some signs of controlling behavior.

BROOKS: I want to go back out to Rick Mims, friend of Drew Peterson. Rick, would Stacy Peterson have left her kids and just got up and left with another man?

MIMS: I don`t believe so.

BROOKS: And you know, you`ve known her for a long, long time. What kind of person is she?

MIMS: She`s a great person. She`s the type of person that walks in the room and lights the room up. She`s funny. You never know what`s going to come out of her mouth. She`s just a great, great mother and a good friend.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I asked him point blank, I said, do you want Stacy back? And he told me, it`s questionable if I want Stacy back. It would take a lot of talking for that to happen. And in terms of the media coverage, I mean, come on, he`s eating it up. He was on the lawn doing a photo shoot for People magazine. Your fourth wife is missing, your third wife`s death may very well be a homicide, and you`re out front doing photo shoots for People magazine? Come on.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

BROOKS: I`m Mike Brooks in for Nancy Grace. Thanks for being with us. Well, wife number four, Stacy, is still missing, wife number three has just had two autopsies performed on her exhumed body. Want to go out to Jon Leiberman of "America`s Most Wanted."

Jon, talk about the (INAUDIBLE) -- the autopsies. How did that all go down?

JON LEIBERMAN, "AMERICA`S MOST WANTED": Well, here is what happened. Dr. Michael Baden, the renowned pathologist, was asked by the Savio family to come in and do an autopsy. There was already going to be another independent autopsy done as well. Dr. Baden is a paid consultant for FOX News, OK.

But today, Drew Peterson`s attorney came out and said, you know what, this was all done for entertainment, bringing Baden in. He was paid by FOX. But Peterson`s attorney`s real gripe with the autopsy was that he believed that Dr. Baden already had decided that it was going to be a homicide. Even before he got into the room to do an autopsy, he said that he already had this predisposed notion that it was going to be a homicide.

But, Mike, the problem there is, if you take that rationale, then that would mean that this prosecutor can`t try this case because when the prosecutor had the body exhumed, they basically said, we`re afraid this was a homicide. That`s why they exhumed the body.

BROOKS: Exactly. I mean, and that`s the reason. In the exhumation order, they talk about that. And they talk about the staging. I want to go out to Dr. Marty Makary, he`s a physician and professor of public health at Johns Hopkins.

Thanks for being with us, Doctor.

DR. MARTY MAKARY, JOHNS HOPKINS: Great, thanks.

BROOKS: Well, OK. We have got one autopsy, we`ve got another autopsy, an independent autopsy by Kathleen Savio`s family. What do you make of this?

MAKARY: Well, Michael Baden is one of the most highly respected physicians in America. I mean, criticizing him is like criticizing the pope for stealing something. His credentials are impeccable. Chief medical examiner for New York City. I mean, his autopsy results, if you look at them carefully, he says that the findings were accurate from the previous autopsy but the conclusion was a mistake.

BROOKS: Now was it normal -- is it normal at all, number one, to have a body exhumed and then to have two autopsies performed on the body?

MAKARY: It`s highly unusual to have a situation like that. But this is a highly unusual situation. You`ve got a law enforcement official`s family member here involved for more than one wife and that is an unusual circumstance.

He has been in law enforcement for 29 years. There can be pressure on a local medical examiner to have a certain conclusion. But look at his reaction. He has got an inappropriate, flat affect. That`s not right. We see people in the hospital lose family members all the time and they tend to remember the best attributes of their family member, even if they didn`t get along and hated each other.

BROOKS: I want to go out to Robi Ludwig. Just what he was saying, his flat affect. Robi, you know, that is just not normal?

ROBI LUDWING, PSYCHOTHERAPIST: No, it`s not. And so that`s the problem with Drew Peterson presenting himself in front of the media. First of all, it seems that he likes the attention, that he needs the attention and he doesn`t come -- he is not a good actor. He doesn`t come off as somebody really cares that his wife is missing. It sounds like he`s angry with her.

And you know, you`ve got to say, you know, if you look at Scott Peterson, of course, and we all remember that case, at least Scott Peterson came off as somewhat likable. Yes, he did seem guilty, but there was more of a likable affect. So especially when you look at Drew Peterson compared to Scott Peterson, it`s quite astonishing.

BROOKS: It really is. Let`s go back out to the lines. Jewel from Michigan, thanks for being with us.

CALLER: Hi. Good evening. Your panel already has answered one of my questions about, do I think he`s really enjoying the media attention. He complains about he`s losing weight and everything, but when it comes down to it, he`s in front of the cameras every other day.

My second question was, what does your panel think about his first wife`s denial that, OK, he was a little jealous, but he really wasn`t abusive. Does the panel think that she was scared of him?

BROOKS: Robi Ludwig.

LUDWIG: I mean, that`s a one possibility, number one, she could be scared of him, number two, he could have gotten progressively worse over time. So what happens is if you don`t get better, you can get worse. So it`s very possible with Drew Peterson, the more controlling and abusive he got, that in some ways somehow that helped him feel stronger and more in control and so he just did it and it just got out of control.

BROOKS: Carol Brown, wife number one, was on "Good Morning America" today. Let`s have a listen to what she had to say.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

DIANE SAWYER, HOST, "GOOD MORNING AMERICA": Were there any signs of controlling behavior, the things that you`re hearing about now?

CAROL BROWN, 1ST WIFE OF DREW PETERSON: No, there really wasn`t. You know, in the beginning, we just had a normal relationship.

SAWYER: And why did the marriage end?

BROWN: Apparently we somewhat grew apart and then one day I did discover that he was having an affair.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

BROOKS: That was video of Drew Peterson`s first wife on "Good Morning America." Carol Brown says she`s stunned to learn about allegations that Peterson may have been abusive and controlling during his other marriages. Want to go back out to Jon Leiberman from "America`s Most Wanted."

Jon, what do we know and were you able to talk to Carol Brown at all while you have been out there?

LEIBERMAN: No, we visited her house and we were not able to talk to her. We have talked to members of Vicki Connelly`s family as well. They insist that Drew Peterson was very threatening toward his second wife.

You know what is interesting, too, Mike, is that Drew also has a very small circle of friends around him who are still buying his story, and just to be fair to Drew, they believe the goods that Drew is selling right now. So I did want to point that out. He does have a couple loyal friends who say, you know what? Show me some evidence. Drew hasn`t had anything shown against him, according to them. And they need to see something before they`ll come out and say -- you know, until they`ll condemn Drew.

BROOKS: I want to go back out to Rick Mims, friend of Drew Peterson.

Rick, you were supporting him from the very beginning, when was that it you decided, wait a minute, I can`t support this guy anymore?

RICK MIMS, FRIEND OF DREW PETERSON: When the timelines that he was giving me about when Stacy left -- he woke up at 11:00 Sunday morning, he said Stacy was already gone. There`s conflicting reports because both cars were in the driveway from 11:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.

And that has been stated by several different people in the neighborhood, including Sharon (ph), who was already suspicious watching the house that day because of what Stacy had told her a few days before that. And when I asked him about that, he told me that Sharon was lying about the timelines.

And right then, you know, kind of put a doubt in my mind because I`ve got a pretty good feeling about Sharon and Sharon doesn`t lie.

BROOKS: Interesting, very interesting, especially you being that close to Drew and being there in Bolingbrook, it`s just -- the timeline, you`re right, it doesn`t seem like it really adds up.

I want to go back out to the attorneys, Alex Sanchez joining us here in New York, noted defense attorney, also Lauren Lake, another noted defense attorney here in New York City.

Do you think the prosecution will be interested in wife number one, since it`s -- her story is totally different from what we heard from wife number two? And would you think that they would be called to come in to testify?

ALEX SANCHEZ, DEFENSE ATTORNEY: Well, you know, Mike, this is one of the bright spots in Drew Peterson`s defense at the present time, because wife number one, Carol Brown, she is essentially a character witness for Drew Peterson because she`s not saying anything that is hurtful towards him. She`s basically saying he was a decent guy but the marriage dissolved because they both went their separate ways. So actually she`s supporting him in that sense at this time.

BROOKS: Jaime from New Mexico, thanks for joining us.

CALLER: Hi, Mike. Thanks for taking my call. I`ve been thinking about something that has been bothering me. I have a son, and if my ex- husband took off with another woman and I thought he left me, I would still plead to the media for him to contact my son. This man has been telling his children that their mother is on vacation. You know, how -- I don`t understand how a person cannot be concerned about their children and how are the older children taking this?

BROOKS: That`s a great question. Jon Leiberman, how are the older children taking this? You were just out there.

LEIBERMAN: Well, this is hard for the entire family. And let me give you a sense, when I spoke to Drew Peterson, he actually told me he was angry with Stacy for creating the media circus. Look, his two older kids - - and remember he has six kids and one stepchild, that`s important to know, he has seven...

BROOKS: And we found out his oldest son -- one of his older sons is also a police officer.

LEIBERMAN: And his wife is a cop as well.

BROOKS: Interesting.

LEIBERMAN: The son`s wife is a cop as well. Yes, so there`s law enforcement in the family. But yes, six kids, one stepchild and the two older ones that are in the picture right now have been questioned by police. So of course this isn`t easy for any of them. Stacy`s kids are the two youngest ones, and, I mean, come on, it has got to be hard for them to go to bed every night and not have their mom.

------------------------------------------------------

Bought this over as it touches on the timeline and the fact that DP was going to retire anyway. Alot of interesting bits in here. Bolded a couple of places for anyone who doesn't have time to read through. If there's a leak from the Grand Jury, my bets on Drew. He stands to gain the most if the case falls apart.
My thoughts on him retiring are that he knew he was being investigated and knew he had to otherwise he could have been demoted and lost a lot of his pension or fired and lost it all.

I've been hesitant to put this out there, but is it possible that the 'it' is the urn with Stacy's sister's ashes that was retrieved from DP's house.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #747 on: November 20, 2007, 08:05:02 AM »

Woman's body found in vacant lot in Harvey
By Jason Meisner

Tribune staff reporter

7:37 AM CST, November 19, 2007

The body of an unidentified woman was found overnight in a vacant lot in south suburban Harvey, authorities said.

The partially clothed body was discovered Sunday evening in the 15000 block of Maplewood Avenue, according to a Cook County medical examiner's office spokesman. Investigators were able to determine the body is that of a Caucasian woman but no approximate age was available.

She is not believed to be connected to any of the recent well-publicized missing persons cases.

The woman was pronounced dead at 7:25 p.m. Sunday at the scene, the spokesman said. An autopsy is scheduled for this morning.

The body appeared to have been chewed by animals before it was found but no other trauma was evident, authorities said.

Harvey police were not immediately available for comment.

http://tinyurl.com/2b6c33

THIS APPEARS TO BE a different person than above.........
Police: Possible Human Remains Found In Southern Ill.
Created: 11/19/2007 7:12:27 PM
Last updated: 11/19/2007 7:13:36 PM

http://www.ksdk.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=134664
DU QUOIN, Ill. (AP) -- Illinois State Police are trying to decipher the identity of possible human skeletal remains found Sunday in southern Illinois' Jefferson County.

Police say the bones were found yesterday afternoon by a pedestrian near Mount Vernon.

State Police are offering no other immediate details, saying only that the matter is being investigated.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #748 on: November 20, 2007, 09:08:45 AM »

I guess finding all these other missing or murdered people or even who maybe died as the result of natural causes or accidents is a sort of side benefit of these searches. 

PERSONA NON GRATA

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #749 on: November 20, 2007, 10:57:02 AM »

http://www.wbbm780.com/Peterson:--Basically--I-m-A-Good-Person-/1232111

Posted: Tuesday, 20 November 2007 9:10AM

Drew Peterson Admits To Being "Controlling", Not Abusive

Web Extra Video: Peterson on GMA

(WBBM/CBS2) - Drew Peterson was back on TV this morning. He admitted to being "controlling", but not abusive and said his wife Stacy's PMS contributed to their marital problems.

Police have named the 53-year-old Peterson as a suspect in the disappearance of his fourth wife, Stacy, 23, and authorities have called the case a possible homicide. He has denied any involvement in her disappearance.

Peterson appeared on ABC's "Good Morning America" today.

The former Bolingbrook Police sergeant told ABC, "Basically, I'm a good person. I do good things."

He also said Stacy suffered from premenstrual syndrome and blamed that for many of their problems.

"When she was menstruating, hungry or tired, she was agitated and she would ask me about a divorce and talk about divorce on a monthly basis," Peterson said. "Then, when the cycle passed, she was OK and we were in love again and happy."

The Chicago Tribune reports the case has become the Illinois State Police's top priority.

Peterson repeated his previously-said message to Stacy on this morning's "Good Morning America" appearance.

"Make yourself known. Make yourself seen. Come out publicly. That's it. Let this be over," Peterson told ABC.

Peterson explained why he has not joined the search for his missing wife.

"Why would I go search for someone who I don't believe is there? Why would I go beat the weeds in the cold? It's a waste of time," Peterson said.

Peterson also denied allegations that he threatened to kill three of his four wives.

"The ex-wives saying such a thing, they're getting even I would say," he said. "For me divorcing them or cheating on them or whatever," he told ABC.

Drew Peterson's mother is speaking out to defend her son. She tells the Chicago Sun-Times she believes her daughter-in-law, Stacy, left her family to be with another man.

Peterson, a man who claims to be a victim of the news media, has become a man of the news media.

Drew Peterson spoke with local and national reporters no less than three times Monday; all to tell his side of the story.

His mother spoke to the Sun-Times Monday and the newspaper's headline on Tuesday read: "Drew's Mom's Message To Stacy: 'I'm ashamed of her for putting her family through this.'"

Drew Peterson's mother, Betty Morphey, also said, "I could swear on a Bible that he would never hurt anyone at any time."

For his own part, when Peterson was asked by reporters on Monday "What's the hurt and pain," he laughed and said "The hurt and pain is all the media in front of my house, that's the hurt and pain."

Not that his wife is missing? "Yeah, it is the wife is missing, but right now, look at what's going on here."

The disappearance of Stacy Peterson more than three weeks ago put Drew Peterson in the center of a media storm, one he says he's trying to help his children weather. Police have named him a suspect in Stacy's disappearance.

"Sometimes I have heart to hearts with them individually and try to explain it to them the best I can, but that's the best I can do," Drew Peterson said.

Call it one way to deal with all the attention he's getting for Stacy's case and for the re-investigation of the death of his third wife, Kathleen Savio. Officials returned her body to its grave Monday after exhuming it for further autopsy work.

The result of two new autopsies? A forensic pathologist hired by the family has said he believes Savio's death was actually homicide.

A Will County Coroner's jury originally ruled it accidental. Their second autopsy confirmed it was a drowning, but has yet to rule on whether the death was accidental or murder.

Drew Peterson answered questions about reports of possible ties he might have had to someone on that jury.

"It's nothing that I called him or asked him to do ... I wasn't even aware he was on that jury," he said."

The former Bolingbrook police sergeant also took time to defend what some have criticized as odd behavior on his part.

"I've joked all my life. This is my way of dealing with hurt and pain is I joke, I laugh. I could stand here and cry for you, would that make you happy? This is who I am. I'm doing the best I can."

Peterson also posed for a spread in People Magazine on Monday.

He has said he believes Stacy, a mother of two, left him for another man and he has denied any involvement in Savio's death.

Meanwhile, CBS 2 News has learned Drew Peterson's new attorney Joel Brodsky was disciplined three years ago for failing to deposit money for a client in a separate trust account.

The Illinois Attorney Registration and Disciplinary Commission determined Brodsky wasn't trying to steal the money and suspended him for three months.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #750 on: November 20, 2007, 11:12:40 AM »

Pray Stacy is starting her life anew; Given his history, she should have known he was trouble

Mary Mitchell, The Chicago Sun-Times

I hope Stacy Peterson did run off with another man.

I hope she got so fed up with Drew Peterson's mess that she split even though she would be leaving two young children behind.

A lot of people are convinced that Peterson, who has been named as a suspect in his wife's disappearance, is lying when he says his much younger wife left him for another man. Obviously, the alternative explanation for the woman's whereabouts would be a greater tragedy.

If Peterson did, in fact, harm his fourth wife, it would mean that their children will have to grow up without a mother and a father. It would also mean that Peterson, who recently resigned from the Bolingbrook Police Department, is a classic psychopath.

What else, other than a mental disorder, could explain Peterson's appearances on the "Today" show where he asked his missing wife to "come home, tell people where you are," if he indeed is responsible for her disappearance?

This latest Peterson case has captured the national media's attention in a way few cases do. The family's dysfunctional drama has brought celebrity journalists to town and has landed the man who should be disgraced on a morning news program.

Case not going away soon

Maybe we -- and by that I mean the media -- are obsessed with this story because the Petersons share the same last name as the couple in another notorious missing person's case: Laci and Scott Peterson. Scott, who was also exposed as an adulterer, is awaiting the executioner for killing his wife and their unborn son over a Christmas holiday.

One would think that given the wall-to-wall coverage the first Peterson case generated, any husband who still harbored a satanic desire to rid himself of a wife by way of murder would have abandoned the sick idea.

But police officials suspect that Drew Peterson not only got rid of his fourth wife, but may be responsible for the death of his third wife, Kathleen Savio.

So this is not a case that is going to fall off the radar screen any time soon. We're likely to be looking at Drew Peterson's unrepentant mug until his wife's body is found, dead or alive.

Yet, I can't help but notice that the more things change, the more they stay the same. Interest in similar tragedies involving women of color never reach this kind of frenzy.

For instance, we still don't know what happened to Nailah Franklin, the 28-year-old South Side woman whose body was found in a wooded area in Calumet Park in September. Police still have not confirmed how Franklin died, nor have they charged anyone with the crime.

Would she want to come home?

And a gruesome discovery last week in the Washington Park neighborhood failed to make national news. The bodies of two black women who were strangled and set on fire were found in two garbage cans at different locations in the Washington Park neighborhood. Police are also investigating the disappearance of 14-year-old Deanna Glass in that same neighborhood.

Meanwhile, the media will not rest or let you rest until we get some answers about Stacy's disappearance.

And the irony is, given the dirty laundry we've aired, if Stacy were alive, would she even want to come home at this point?

It's scandalous, really, that at 17, Stacy made the poor choice of hooking up with someone else's husband. Drew Peterson was still married to his third wife, Kathleen Savio, when he began seeing Stacy. Savio, who learned of the affair and divorced Drew in 2003, was found dead in a bathtub in her Bolingbrook home a year later.

Peterson's other ex-wives have also said Peterson cheated on them.

Given her husband's history, Stacy must have worried privately that she would have to reap what was sown. After all, it is impossible to build one's happiness on someone else's misery. And there's no reason to expect that a man who cheats on his first wife won't cheat on another, and another, and another.

Thankfully, there's been no talk -- so far -- of Peterson abusing his children the way he allegedly abused his wives. I'm hoping that Stacy had an epiphany that led her to escape her unhappy circumstances. If that's the case, one day her children will understand why she had to vanish. One day, they will be able to forgive her for leaving them behind.

Unlike Drew Peterson, at 23, Stacy can start over.

I pray she's somewhere taking that second chance. 
Chicago Sun Times
November 20, 2007
http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:703903178&start=9

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
aly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #751 on: November 20, 2007, 02:28:21 PM »

speaking of DP alibi again:
Mims said DP said when DP woke up at 11 am Stacy was already gone.
I have to go back and check SP sister Cassandra's video interview again where I think she said she visited the house that morning after speaking to DP on the phone and the stepson said "Mom & Dad had a fight."  Now how could DP & SP have had a fight if she wasn't there when he woke up.  See what I mean?
Also, witnesses said both cars were in the driveway then.  Then I guess DP moved her car?  Remember Cassandra said she heard car keys jingle when she talked to him or something, so she didn't believe he was at home like he said he was when she spoke to him on the phone.  Does anyone know about him moving the car or about any of this? Confused

Also, wife #1 must be completely in denial.  She said he was very controlling but not abusive or something like that.  That is abusive!  Some of these women don't know what it is to have respect and a loving relationship! Sad

How about these lines:
DP:  "Make yourself known.  Make yourself seen.  That's it.  Let this be over."
- who talks like that?  Nobody!!! Wouldn't you say, "Stacy, I love you.  The kids miss you so much.  We can figure this out, please, please call us, we love you!"
Come on.  No one talks like that.  That is beyond freaky.  Neutral

How about these lines:
DP:  "Why would I search for someone who I don't believe is there?"
- Huh???????
Even if you think she left with another man, you would be distraught that your wife and the children's mother is missing!  Hello.  No concern for SP his missing wife at all??????????? Mad

How about these lines:
DP:  "Its questionable if I want Stacy back."
- that's what they say he said!!!  Beware world! Shocked

How about these lines:
DP: "What's the hurt and pain?"  He laughed and said, "The hurt and pain is the media in front of my house.  That's the hurt and  pain."
????  Sorry folks, but if anyone in my family goes missing - you can bring on the media until they are found.  He is more worried about his own pain of being accused, then of finding his wife who he says isn't  out there.

How about these lines:
DP's Mom who says she believes DP story that SP ran off with another man:
"I'm ashamed of her for putting her family through this."
What a freak for a Mom! Mad
Who says that of a missing person!
OMG - that poor girl SP - what a _____ of a mother-in-law - dear DP's mother.

I think they need to search the inside of his house in his basement with the cadaver dogs, which they said have not been inside the home yet.

He is making a bad name for all policemen.
Could he be any colder?  Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Kindof reads like a horror flick.

value people not things
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #752 on: November 20, 2007, 03:03:36 PM »

YUP!!!! ITA!!! >>>

STACY PETERSON CASE | Mom of husband believes his missing wife just ran off and is still alive

November 20, 2007
BY KARA SPAK AND ANDREW HERRMANN Staff Reporters
'He would never hurt anyone'
Drew Peterson's mom, Betty Morphey, had strong words Monday for Stacy Peterson, who she believes left Peterson and their two children and ran off with another man, as her son contends.

"I would tell her I'm ashamed of her for putting the family through this," Morphey said. "She knows where she is."

In a lengthy interview, Morphey, 79, spoke about how heartbreaking she finds the insinuation that her son would harm anyone. Stacy's family believes the young mother would never have left her two children and fear she is dead.

"I could swear on a Bible that he would never hurt anyone at any time," Morphey said. "I'm proud he's my son and I feel so bad he's got to go through all this because of her. She was just too young." There is a 30-year age difference between Drew and Stacy Peterson.

On Monday morning, Morphey watched her son's ex-wife Carol Brown on ''Good Morning America'' instead of Peterson and his attorney on the "Today" show.

Both interviews took place the same day the body of Peterson's third wife, Kathleen Savio, was re-buried. Savio's body was exhumed Nov. 13 after Will County State's Attorney James Glasgow said there were "strong indications" her death was staged to look like an accident.

Had Morphey watched "Today," she would have seen her son say he was "worried" about his missing wife, Stacy, but again maintain she ran away with another man.

"Your wife leaves you . . . and you're very much worried about her," said Peterson, who has been named a suspect in his wife's disappearance.

Peterson also wanted Stacy, his fourth wife, to "publicly show herself so we can clear all this up."

Peterson's new lawyer, Joel Brodsky, added he doesn't expect his client will be charged in either the disappearance of Stacy or the 2004 death of Savio, who was found dead in her bathtub.

Peterson said he was surprised by the recent comments of his second wife, who has described Peterson as violent and threatening during their marriage. Vicki Connolly was married to Peterson for 10 years beginning in 1982. "I thought we were friends," Peterson said of Connolly.

Meanwhile, Carol Brown, Peterson's first wife, appeared on ABC's "Good Morning America." She said Peterson was attentive during their marriage and a good father to their two sons. "This is very unbelievable," she said.

"In the beginning we had a normal relationship. We did things together," said Brown. He didn't like her to go out in the evenings with girlfriends, but Brown did not indicate she thought that was unreasonable.

"I did discover that he was having an affair. I guess that was the beginning when we started being separated," said Brown.

Asked if her ex-husband was capable of murder, she replied: "The Drew that I knew, would never expect that."

Morphey said Monday that Brown was a "lovely girl" who spoke the truth about her husband on morning television.

"They got married so young," Morphey said. Drew Peterson and Carol Brown married when she was still in high school and he was a recent graduate. "That's why that didn't last. I wish he would have stayed married to her forever."

Morphey said she didn't know anything about allegations of adultery that Peterson's former wives have leveled against him.

"I can't picture him doing anything to hurt anyone," she said.

Morphey said she has lost weight over the last three weeks and is sick to her stomach over the idea that her son, a former police officer and military veteran, had anything to do with his third wife's death and fourth wife's disappearance.

"All of this is not necessary," she said. "She didn't have to walk out and leave everybody stranded and not knowing what to do. All she has to do is call and say she's fine."

http://www.suntimes.com/news/peterson/658854,CST-NWS-drew20.article

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #753 on: November 20, 2007, 04:48:32 PM »

From Greta's blog:

November 20th, 2007 4:39 PM Eastern
Sgt. Drew Peterson on the Cover of People Magazine
by Greta Van Susteren

We have a copy of People Magazine with Sgt. Drew Peterson on the cover…here is a quote: “…at first, says Peterson, he pampered his young wife. ‘If Stacy wanted anything, she got it,’ he claims. ‘Breast implants, a tummy tuck, Lasik, braces, hair removal, everything….’”

http://gretawire.foxnews.com/
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #754 on: November 20, 2007, 05:25:34 PM »

DP is a sick POS !   
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #755 on: November 20, 2007, 05:31:12 PM »

Here is a story I saw on AOL earlier..   Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

http://news.aol.com/newsbloggers/2007/11/20/drew-peterson-is-he-the-medias-monster-now/?ncid=NWS00010000000001

Actually better off to click on the site itself since there is also some video.

Ben Greenman Reports

Drew Peterson: Is He The Media's Monster Now?   Rolling Eyes

Posted Nov 20th 2007 10:07AM by Ben Greenman
Filed under: Scandal, Media, Crime

The nation's desperate hunger for celebrity crime cases has reared up once again with the disappearance of Stacy Peterson. No, not Laci Peterson -- Stacy Peterson -- though the mistake is understandable. The Bolingbrook, Ill. mother of two has been missing since October 28, and in recent weeks, there has been increased scrutiny of her husband, Drew, a former police sergeant whose previous wife, his third, died under mysterious circumstances. One of the most interesting things about the case has been the way that media attention seems to have changed Drew Peterson.

<there is a video here in this spot>

Initially, Drew Peterson kept mostly quiet about the case, claiming to neighbors and local news reporters that his wife had discussed infidelity and was probably with another man. Then national media like Fox News and NBC started coming to town, and Drew Peterson noticed. It was his chance for celebrity, and possibly his only chance to have any freedom before the noose began to tighten around his neck.

So, what does a man do if he is (maybe) a murderer and the national media comes to call? Well, at first Peterson was hostile, condemning reporters for their whorish ways ("What do you get when you cross the media with a pig?" he said. "You get nothing, because there's some things a pig won't do"). Then he was complicit. He spoke to Geraldo Rivera (afterwards claiming that his answers had been coached), went on the "Today" show (where he mostly let his lawyer speak but where his body language, evidently, said "a lot"), and even posed for People magazine. And the media seems to be stepping very close to the limits of objectivity after the body of Peterson's third wife, Kathleen Savio, was exhumed and re-examined by county coroners to determine if the death was staged, Fox News flew in a pathologist from New York for a private autopsy. Not totally satisfied with their coverage, "Today" invited Star Jones to comment.

So what exactly is the media's role here? Everybody likes a good wife-murder case now and again, but is it too much? Are reporters helping to create a monster? Are they using the drug of fame (or at least flash fame) as a kind of truth serum, hoping that Drew Peterson's id will overpower his superego and somehow incriminate him in his wife's disappearance? Or is it just another day at the office for cable news channels that get bored (and get lower ratings) covering unappetizing stories like the war? To me, it seems like the networks are starved for a story with a simple moral and a clear-cut villain. And in that regard, this case is a win-win. If Drew Peterson is eventually arrested for his wife's murder, then he was the black-hatted cowboy who strode out of the saloon and was caught by the glare of the cameras. The story runs its course.

There is also a POLL on the website...

Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #756 on: November 20, 2007, 11:58:36 PM »

This Drew guy, from what I have seen comes across like an arrogant POS.
I did see part of the Nancy Grace show where he seemed to just love being in front of the camera.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #757 on: November 21, 2007, 12:03:02 AM »

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=local&id=5777049

Bolingbrook police chief says Peterson brings shame to department
 By Ben Bradley

November 20, 2007 (CHICAGO) - Drew Peterson may have some legal problems related to his old job. Bolingbrook's police chief has said Peterson brought shame to everyone wearing a badge.

As soon as Wednesday, the chief said he will meet with prosecutors to review a series of department violations that the chief says may rise to a level of criminal conduct.

Bolingbrook's top cop, Raymond McGury, says Drew Peterson, 53, has brought disgrace and disdain on his department while soaking up the national spotlight as a suspect in his 23-year-old wife Stacy's disappearance. McGury says his former sergeant has demonstrated conduct unbecoming an officer.

"It's the actions of one person, and I understand it and the perceptions, but I don't have to like it," said McGury.

The Bolingbrook Police and Fire Commission said it had no choice but to accept Peterson's resignation, which makes him eligible to begin receiving a $72,000 a year pension.

Behind closed doors, McGury talked about serious internal violations by Peterson over the last year. They do not include anything involving the death or disappearance of Peterson's wives. He was suspended in September for serious lack of judgment involving a police pursuit. The chief says it is a pursuit that never should have happened and taht he felt an internal investigation might have been serious enough to bring Peterson's termination.

McGury was not in his position at the time of the death of Kathleen Savio, Peterson's third wife.

Peterson declined to comment on his old boss' claims. Peterson said he has received eight death threats from all over the country from people who blame him for all of the negative attention brought upon Bolingbrook.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #758 on: November 21, 2007, 12:04:09 AM »

I did see part of the Nancy Grace show where he seemed to just love being in front of the camera.

Kat_Gram - I agree, he is an arrogant POS
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #759 on: November 21, 2007, 02:33:55 AM »

Kat_Gram - I agree, he is an arrogant POS

I also agree. And I fail to see how he attracted all these women.....

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.