March 28, 2024, 04:02:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stacy Ann Peterson 23, Bolingbrook IL - Missing 10/28/07 #1  (Read 1030061 times)
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #800 on: November 24, 2007, 11:01:02 PM »

Steve Carcerano is a POS.  Geraldo is going after him.  They are talking about the letter DP supposedly received of a sighting of Stacy.  Geraldo just told him I want to have friends like you if I ever get in a jam.

All of a sudden this guy is a close friend.  He is hiding something.

Since Steve Carcerano was with Drew when wife #3 was found, and things are not looking too good for DP right now, I'm not so sure I would be blabbing on FOX about what a great guy DP is, and trying to cast a bad light on the investigation and Stacy's family!  Is he nuts?  While standing up for DP's mystery letter, he couldn't resist mentioning that Stacy's family admitted receiving letters as well.  He charged " Have those been investigated?" 

He sure has the same cocky attitude that DP has!  I think I would be backing away from the area..... pale

I agree Helen.  I would be backing away also and this is why I am wondering if he was involved in something.  You are right about his attitude.  It changed tonight.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #801 on: November 25, 2007, 09:08:32 PM »

Illinois Police Look to Public for Sightings of Missing Mom's Car

Sunday, November 25, 2007
llinois State Police told FOX News on Sunday that "new information" prompted its appeal for more information about possible sightings of the cars that belong to Stacy Peterson or her husband, Drew, around the time that the woman vanished.

Investigators are asking anyone who may have seen the vehicles on Oct. 28 or 29 — the time the 23-year-old Bolingbrook mother's disappearance — to come forward.

Police have released photos of the vehicles: A dark Blue 2005 GMC Yukon Denali belonging to Drew and the second a purple 2002 Pontiac Grand Am, belonging to Stacy, and asked the public to call its tipline at (815) 740-0678 or "America's Most Wanted" at (800) CRIMETV.

Both vehicles were impounded by police on Nov. 1., and are still in police possession because of search warrant seizures.

The appeal came as emergency workers and volunteers searched woods, lakes and ponds this weekend.
The FBI is scheduled to join in the search for Peterson on Monday at the request of state police. Federal investigators are expected to add more searchers and technical assistance during water searches.

Drew Peterson's attorney, Joel Brodsky, welcomed the FBI's involvement in the case, telling FOX that once the FBI starts to question people, he's hopeful this case can start from scratch and refocus on Stacy Peterson as a missing person's case.

"I'm glad the Bureau is coming in. They're (the FBI) is not out to railroad anyone. They're there to get to the bottom of this story."

State Police are already working with investigators from around the state, and have classified the case as a top priority.

Meanwhile, FOX News’ Laura Ingle spoke briefly with Drew Peterson off-camera Sunday in front of his home. When asked about reports that he was seen with another man hauling a large blue barrel to his sport-utility vehicle the day his wife disappeared, Peterson said he has nothing to say about that.

In addition to the missing blue barrel, police are reported to be looking for scuba diving weights missing from Drew's house, which may have led investigators to search numerous ponds. When asked about his missing gear, Peterson told FOX his scuba weights were not missing.

Stacy was last seen by family members on Saturday evening, Oct. 27. Drew Peterson, a former Bolingbrook police officer, has been named a suspect. His third wife, Kathleen Savio, was found dead in her bathtub in March 2004. Savio's death was ruled accidental at the time, but a recent autopsy showed evidence of homicide. Drew Peterson has denied involvement in either case.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,312792,00.html

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
aly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #802 on: November 26, 2007, 11:00:30 AM »

San & Helen -
Maybe Carcerano is the one who helped him load the blue barrel in DP car or helped get rid of the body, so that is why he is trying to defend DP to get DP out of the spot light, and therefore himself out of the spotlight.

If SP was killed (I think we would have heard from her by now if she is still alive) and DP put her body in the blue barrel which had chlorine in it (someone posted it was used to store chlorine for the pool), the chlorine would dissolve the flesh and bones and it would be hard to detect any body.  Then if he used his plane to drop it into one of the lakes and weighted it down with the missing scuba weights, it is most likely the body will never be found - if this is what happened to the body.  But there are a lot of alternatives - like it is in his basement which the journalist described as creepy?
DP is so confident and so emotionless.

value people not things
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #803 on: November 26, 2007, 11:27:39 AM »

San & Helen -
Maybe Carcerano is the one who helped him load the blue barrel in DP car or helped get rid of the body, so that is why he is trying to defend DP to get DP out of the spot light, and therefore himself out of the spotlight.

If SP was killed (I think we would have heard from her by now if she is still alive) and DP put her body in the blue barrel which had chlorine in it (someone posted it was used to store chlorine for the pool), the chlorine would dissolve the flesh and bones and it would be hard to detect any body.  Then if he used his plane to drop it into one of the lakes and weighted it down with the missing scuba weights, it is most likely the body will never be found - if this is what happened to the body.  But there are a lot of alternatives - like it is in his basement which the journalist described as creepy?

aly, Carcerano is hiding something.  I definitely think DP had help in the disposal.  They were looking at another guy too the other day who was fired from the police force and was also a friend of Drew Peterson's son.

Geraldo was right when he told Carcerano if I were ever in a jam I want you as a friend.
Helen Back
Monkey Junky

« Reply #804 on: November 26, 2007, 06:53:51 PM »

San & Helen -

aly, Carcerano is hiding something.  I definitely think DP had help in the disposal.  They were looking at another guy too the other day who was fired from the police force and was also a friend of Drew Peterson's son.

Geraldo was right when he told Carcerano if I were ever in a jam I want you as a friend.

I agree, you guys.  Carcerano is just a little too "vested".  I'm all for standing up for friends, but his recent behavior is "over the top".

Aly, I thought about that chlorine.  It would certainly make a mess of forensics, eh?

aly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #805 on: November 26, 2007, 11:01:29 PM »

Well, I actually never saw the Steve Carcerano interviews - I don't get TV - only watch links or downloads from internet & haven't downloaded any yet.
I just hear from y'all that SC is so defensive of DP.
Read the following post on the court tv site.
Someone thinks SC sounds too rehearsed on his recounting finding KS - saying that maybe SC wasn't even there at all - just repeating verbatim the same story DP gave him.  This is copied and pasted below from some blogger:
----------------------

• The more interviews I see with Steve Carcerano, the more I am convinced that these interviews and loyalty go way deeper than Drew being his friend. No man can be that stupid and make himself look like such a fool unless he's desperately trying to cover up something. [/*]
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And have you noticed that SC repeats the story of finding KS verbatim every time he tells it? It never varies at all, like he rehearsed it or it's a script or something!?
    -----------------------------

OK?  So that is pretty interesting?  I guess a few of you are thinking the same.
    SC knows something & like San said is hiding something.
    Yes, Helen, my husband was the one who thought of the body being placed in the chlorine to make it too hard to detect (since the barrel was supposedly used to store chlorine).

& I see Geraldo's point about the friend thing - but no thanks to being his friend.  Ha!

value people not things
aly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #806 on: November 26, 2007, 11:14:00 PM »

From courttv.com message board
One person said a huge chlorine purchase was reported to police because it was an abnormallly large amount even with a pool.

------------------------
Originally posted by Winnter
  • Well the pool guy called the police to report that Drew purchased 55 gallons of chlorine. Even he thought it was odd. Chlorine is not easy to dispose of. If he emptied it into his pool there would be high levels of it, if he dumped it into his backyard there would be levels of it in the ground. If he used the drum to transport Stacy (which is a horrible thought), the chlorine had to go somewhere. [/*]

----------------------Another blogger below:
    55 gallons is alot to purchae in November. Especially when the pool would be closed for the winter . The pool place also reported this purchase to the police due to the large quantity.
    It just all seems odd.

Liquid chlorine is another type which is created by bubbling the chlorine gas through a solution of caustic soda. The yellow liquid (stronger, but chemically identical to bleach) has 10 - 15% available chlorine, and has a pH on the other end of the scale at 13. Liquid Chlorine is called Sodium Hypochlorite (NaOCl), and because it is already in solution, sodium-hypo produces hypochlorous acid instantly when it contacts water. The liquid can be poured directly into the pool but it is recommended to use a diaphragm or peristaltic pump. The use of liquid chlorine is more dominant in larger commercial pools which have it delivered into 55 gallon vats. For most residential pools, the lower cost seems to be outweighed by its difficulty in use and the amount of acid required to counteract its pH of 13. Use care when handling as this chemical is corrosive to just about everything.

--------------Another blogger:
    Also, I read that Stacy told her sister that the drum was filled with chlorine when it was stored in the garage.
    ------------------Another blogger:
    D possibly used the blue barrel to move the body from the house to the car to another location.

He didn't necessarily leave S's. body in the blue barrel, he could have removed the body,

added the diving weights to her legs and arms and disposed of her after dark.
    Then moved the empty barrel to another location to dispose of it...
    he's sly as a fox.....JMO

value people not things
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #807 on: November 26, 2007, 11:40:18 PM »

San & Helen -

That's just almost too awful to think about.....disolving a body in chlorine.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
SteveDinMD
Scared Monkey

« Reply #808 on: November 27, 2007, 02:04:33 AM »

San & Helen -

That's just almost too awful to think about.....disolving a body in chlorine.

Hmm, I wonder how long that would take, and whether a body would completely liquify.  If complete liquification could be achieved within the time span after which his wife's disappearance would be noticed, it could be the basis of a difficult crime for police to unravel.  He could strangle his wife, put her in a vat of liquid chlorine, wait for the body to dissolve, then pour the vat's contents (including her liquified remains) into that nearby lake.  Forensic evidence could be entirely lacking, leaving police unable to scientifically prove that Mrs. Peterson is dead, let alone that Mr. Peterson was responsible for her demise.  It certainly takes a cold blooded killer to execute such a plan, though. 
aly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #809 on: November 27, 2007, 02:12:18 AM »

pdh3 -

you are so right!  It is too awful to think about!
That is like the stories on crime library site.
It is too horrible to think that there are people out there who could concieve of or commit the autrocious crimes, but they have and they do.

I have to think DP is not bright.
All he had to do was get a divorce, but he didn't want to lose $ or what?
So he has killed two wives apparently, and now has the FBI and even the Navy looking out for evidence. 
He didn't see that coming?
He thinks he is so clever.  We'll see.

value people not things
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #810 on: November 27, 2007, 07:01:58 AM »

San & Helen -

Saw Tim Miller resonding to this on the weekend. He was asked about the Navy and FBI coming in and why TES was concentrating on water searches.  Tim said that there was indeed a blue barrel in the garage and it is no longer there. They would do air searches and the Navy had equipment that could help find it underwater and in deeper water. The chlorine was also mentioned. Also said that they had found some other blue barrels already, just not the right one. Also read that his plane was probably used to scope out a disposal site. That is why they are asking if anyone saw their two vehicles that day.

The chlorine explains why DP is so confident and arrogant in my opinion. If these people can't find Stacy no one will. JMO
Jennifer34
Scared Monkey

« Reply #811 on: November 27, 2007, 09:52:41 AM »

The chlorine explains why DP is so confident and arrogant in my opinion. If these people can't find Stacy no one will. JMO
[/quote]

MIO, I agree.  Sad  Lets just pray they can locate enough evidence, circumstantial or other wise, to make a case.
IObject
Scared Monkey

« Reply #812 on: November 27, 2007, 10:03:09 AM »

Shocked The chlorine idea is interseting, although I'm not certain it would completely dissolve bones, and know that it wont disolve teeth, there is a case where a man burned a girl in a barrel to hide the corpse, but her teeth never burned and they were able to identify her by one specific tooth and the filling in it. FOX news is reporting that they have identified the man who helped Drew with the barrel, and the very nexy he tried to commit suicide.....hmmm, he's sounds like he'd be easier to interrogate than Drew. They need to do that and get rid of this narcissistic sociopath once and for all!
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #813 on: November 27, 2007, 10:12:42 AM »

They are talking about the blue barrell on Fox.  The barrell that TES took pictures of.  They said apparently the person who helped Drew Peterson removed the blue barrell tried to committ suicide the very next day.  They know who the person is and aren't releasing his name.
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #814 on: November 27, 2007, 10:26:41 AM »

New Development in Peterson Case VIDEO
ISP Has New Information
Monday, 26 Nov 2007, 9:30 PM CST

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/myfox/p...TY&pageId=1.1.1

There is a new development in the search for Stacy Peterson - Illinois State Police have identified who they think may have helped Drew Peterson move a large blue barrel out of his house – a barrel which is now considered a key piece of evidence. Now searchers are looking for that barrel – along with Stacy

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
Helen Back
Monkey Junky

« Reply #815 on: November 27, 2007, 10:33:45 AM »

Hey San and Old fart and all monkeys!

Did you guys hear the part about the person who helped remove the barrel from the home?  Did they say he told police he helped to remove it FROM THE BEDROOM?

Can anyone confirm?  I came in at the end of the report.  If this is true, as our own Robots would say, stick a fork in DP, he's done.
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #816 on: November 27, 2007, 10:40:17 AM »

Did you guys hear the part about the person who helped remove the barrel from the home?  Did they say he told police he helped to remove it FROM THE BEDROOM?

Can anyone confirm?  I came in at the end of the report.  If this is true, as our own Robots would say, stick a fork in DP, he's done.

Helen Back no...can you tell us where you heard it and I'll look for a transcript. TIA

Oldfart......that link is temp. unavailable
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #817 on: November 27, 2007, 10:47:16 AM »

FBI welcome in search, lawyer says;
He hopes 'witch hunt'  Rolling Eyes against ex-cop ends

By Matthew Walberg, Tribune staff reporter

The lawyer for a former Bolingbrook police sergeant Monday hailed the arrival of the FBI in the search for the man's missing wife and said he hoped it would end the "witch hunt" against his client.

"I have no problem with them being involved," said attorney Joel Brodsky, who has been retained by Drew Peterson as authorities investigate the disappearance of his fourth wife, Stacy Peterson, 23, and the 2004 drowning of his third wife.

FBI agents "are usually very intelligent, dedicated young men and women who could make a lot of money doing something else," Brodsky said. "I'm sure they're going to give this [investigation] a fresh look, and my hope is that this will move from the witch hunt that it has become and go back to a missing person case."

Brodsky would not identify who he believed was leading the witch hunt.

Illinois State Police Master Sgt. Luis Gutierrez said FBI agents were briefed Monday on what has been termed a criminal missing person investigation into the Oct. 28 disappearance of Stacy Peterson. Gutierrez did not know how many agents had been assigned to the search.

The federal agency has at its disposal naval dive teams to assist in water searches, said Charles Pelkie, spokesman for Will County State's Atty. James Glasgow.

Drew Peterson, 53, was named a suspect in his wife's disappearance from their Bolingbrook home, and authorities also have reopened the investigation into the death of his ex-wife Kathleen Savio, 40, who was found dead in her bathtub just weeks before the financial terms of the couple's divorce were to be finalized.

Savio's death originally was ruled an accident by a coroner's jury, but authorities now suspect the circumstances of her death were staged to conceal a homicide. Her body was exhumed this month.

Peterson has not been charged with any crime, but he has been the focus of intense scrutiny from investigators as well as the media. Earlier this month, he exercised his 5th Amendment right not to incriminate himself in an appearance before a grand jury investigating the Savio and Stacy Peterson cases.

State police have assigned more than five dozen investigators to work both cases, calling it the agency's top investigative priority. Police and volunteers have combed woods and waterways throughout Will, Grundy, DuPage and Cook Counties.

Gutierrez said police did not conduct any searches Monday but sifted through tips and leads that have been pouring in.

State police issued a news release Saturday seeking the public's help regarding any sightings Oct. 28-29 of the Petersons' vehicles, a dark blue 2005 GMC Yukon Denali with a sticker on the back window and a purple 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix, which belonged to Stacy Peterson. Anyone with information is asked to call the Illinois State Police tip line on Stacy Peterson at 815-740-0678.

Asked why that plea for public assistance came four weeks after her disappearance, Gutierrez said Monday that "because of information that has been developed through the investigation, that's why we put it out when we put it out."
Copyright 2007 Chicago Tribune Company

Chicago Tribune

November 27, 2007 Tuesday
Chicagoland Edition 
http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:707016058&start=2

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #818 on: November 27, 2007, 11:12:46 AM »

Sorry fot the bad link....
This should work   http://tinyurl.com/2dug8w

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #819 on: November 27, 2007, 11:42:25 AM »

I did hear a part about removing it from the bedroom.

Remember when Drew disappeared on his motorcycle for a few days and no one knew where he was.  Does anyone think he might have tried to retrieve the barrell or make sure it could not be seen where he dumped it because of the person who helped him tried to committ suicide.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.