March 28, 2024, 09:40:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stacy Ann Peterson 23, Bolingbrook IL - Missing 10/28/07 #1  (Read 1030020 times)
Helen Back
Monkey Junky

« Reply #820 on: November 27, 2007, 12:51:09 PM »

Hey San and Old fart and all monkeys!

Did you guys hear the part about the person who helped remove the barrel from the home?  Did they say he told police he helped to remove it FROM THE BEDROOM?

Can anyone confirm?  I came in at the end of the report.  If this is true, as our own Robots would say, stick a fork in DP, he's done.

Helen Back no...can you tell us where you heard it and I'll look for a transcript. TIA

Oldfart......that link is temp. unavailable

Hey OF,

It was on FOX news this am.  Maybe I heard wrong.   

Helen Back
Monkey Junky

« Reply #821 on: November 27, 2007, 12:54:27 PM »

Hey San and Old fart and all monkeys!

Did you guys hear the part about the person who helped remove the barrel from the home?  Did they say he told police he helped to remove it FROM THE BEDROOM?

Can anyone confirm?  I came in at the end of the report.  If this is true, as our own Robots would say, stick a fork in DP, he's done.

Helen Back no...can you tell us where you heard it and I'll look for a transcript. TIA

Oldfart......that link is temp. unavailable

Hey OF,

It was on FOX news this am.  Maybe I heard wrong.   

Sorry, Mum in Ohio, got mixed up on the quotes!  Hey, but San heard it too!  This is very big news!

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #822 on: November 27, 2007, 05:38:40 PM »

http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:707178290&start=1

Stacy's been seen in Peoria!! Oh, really???; It might be worth checking out this 'Marcy' person

Richard Roeper, The Chicago Sun-Times

Either two people think they saw Stacy Peterson in a Peoria grocery store on Nov. 12 -- or the same individual who reportedly sent a letter to Drew Peterson also posted a note about the sighting on a Fox News blog.

The comment by "Marcy" appears in the feedback section of Greta Van Susteren's "GretaWire" blog. It was posted on Wednesday, Nov. 14 at 3:15 p.m.

"Is Stacy's hair still a blonde color? I swear I saw a young woman down here in the 309 area code. She hauntingly looked like Stacy . . . all she did was stand there and stare at me. I did not do anything. I looked at her though. I think that she is very much alive!!! Look if I went to the police they would not believe me anyway!!! This happened on Monday night . . ."

And when someone uses multiple exclamation points, it just has to be true!!!

Drew Peterson's attorney says his client received a letter describing a possible sighting of Stacy Peterson at a Peoria grocery store on Nov. 12 -- the same date "Marcy" cites. The two alleged sightings are strikingly similar.

I doubt authorities are viewing that letter as a big break in the case -- but if they're still looking into this supposed sighting, it might be worth checking out this "Marcy" person and the posting that went up a week before Peterson received that letter.

In the meantime, I'm certain that over the last few weeks, I've seen about 112 middle-aged guys in the Chicago area who bear an uncanny and unfortunate resemblance to Drew Peterson.

JUST ANOTHER MANIC MONDAY

Yesterday was "Cyber Monday"? Really? We're buying into that nonsense?

Seems like you couldn't turn on the TV or radio on Monday without hearing references to Cyber Monday -- the supposed unofficial start to the online holiday shopping season.

As the media myth has it, the first Monday after Thanksgiving is arguably the biggest online shopping day of the year. Everybody's back to work after the long Thanksgiving holiday weekend, and we're all hunched over our computers, pretending to work away while in reality we're racing up and down the cyber-aisles of Wal-Mart, Neiman Marcus, Toys R Us, Williams-Sonoma, Nike, et al.

The origins of this term go all the way back to, um, 2005. Apparently it was coined by a division of the National Retail Federation, in an effort to get people to buy more stuff.

Imagine that -- an artificial, phony, made-up day designed to stimulate consumer spending. Like we'd ever fall for that. It's one thing to hit the stores for genuine occasions such as Sweetest Day or Secretaries' Day or Boss' Day, but those are time-honored holidays steeped in grand tradition, ahem. Nobody's going to fall for this Cyber Monday stuff, right?

Just as Black Friday is NOT the busiest brick-and-mortar shopping day of the year, Cyber Monday probably won't even be the busiest online shopping day of the season. That happens closer to Christmas -- usually on that last day when you can order something and still get a guarantee it'll arrive by Dec. 24.

The media are also regurgitating the utterly irrelevant "Cost of the 12 Days of Christmas" nonsense this week. 'Tis the season for such non-stories.

A JOURNALIST AND A GENTLEMAN

Virtually every tribute to the late and beloved John Drury included anecdotes from colleagues who reminisced about Mr. Drury's gentlemanly grace.

There was something lovely about those video memories, from Kathy Brock saying Drury made a point of saying he was looking forward to working with her the first time they anchored together, to Mark Giangreco saying Drury was "everybody's uncle, everybody's grandfather, everybody's father and everybody's friend," to Steve Sanders calling him "a role model," to Tom Skilling saying, "I never heard him say a mean thing about anybody in our business."

Drury's career spanned four decades and included numerous accolades and accomplishments. His brave battle with ALS has been well-chronicled.

But whether you're on TV for four decades or your job is outside the spotlight, as much as the career stuff matters -- especially when you're wrapped up in the daily workplace struggles -- what ultimately matters is how you treated others, day in and day out.

If you consider grace a gift, John Drury was truly blessed, as were those who knew him. 

Chicago Sun Times

November 27, 2007 Tuesday
Final Edition 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #823 on: November 27, 2007, 07:53:24 PM »

Just posted by Greta on her blog:
November 27th, 2007 7:49 PM Eastern

BREAKING NEWS!!!
by Greta Van Susteren

I just got word from OTR Producer Steph Watts in Bolingbrook, Illinois that he and Mark Fuhrman have just gottn a very, very, very important scoop! 

What is it? I will let one of them tell you….at 10pm eastern tonight ….ON THE RECORD…..and, after you hear this, you tell me, am I right? is this a big deal in the investigation?

http://gretawire.foxnews.com/
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #824 on: November 27, 2007, 10:04:53 PM »

Police are investigating Drew Peterson's step brother Thomas Morphi (S/P) for helping Drew move a barrell out of his home the day Stacy Peterson went missing.  Thomas attempted suicide on 10/29.

This guy has worked for Drew in the past and it's not like he is a distant relative.
Carlie69
Scared Monkey

« Reply #825 on: November 28, 2007, 12:53:11 AM »

Hi Everyone.
New here.
I've been following this case from the start.  Well the start for me since I'm on the west coast.

Yes I did hear about a relative helping him load the blue barrel.

Here is the link
http://www.suntimes.com/news/669960,boling112707.article
aly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #826 on: November 28, 2007, 01:15:56 AM »

San -
I wonder what he worked for Drew before doing - Drew had a bar with KS, right?  I wonder if that is when TM worked for DP.

That is so brave and great of TM wife to call the police.  Hurray for her.
Of course you have to make sure you call the right police, so they don't cover for DP!  Ha!

So it sounds like he helped move the barrel, then later heard of SP disappearance and put 2 and 2 together and realized he helped dispose of her body, or so the story goes.
I don't buy the memory lapse bit, sorry.

TM needs to fill in for the detectives what the heck happened with DP and the barrel and when and where it went.

I am sure TM is terrified of DP - I bet you.

Welcome Carlie.  I am also a new monkey.
and if you go missing, these scared monkeys are the best friends to have!

value people not things
Carlie69
Scared Monkey

« Reply #827 on: November 28, 2007, 01:27:47 AM »

Aly,

TM is terrified of DP IMO because he did go visit him in the hospital.
My assumption is that Memory Lapse = Threat by Drew himselp. 

Thanks for the welcome.  I found the board by looking for news article on Drew Peterson.

I was activated on the 18th but I hardly ever check my email.  So I've been a member and didn't know it. 

aly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #828 on: November 28, 2007, 02:39:55 AM »

Aly,

TM is terrified of DP IMO because he did go visit him in the hospital.
My assumption is that Memory Lapse = Threat by Drew himselp. 

Thanks for the welcome.  I found the board by looking for news article on Drew Peterson.

I was activated on the 18th but I hardly ever check my email.  So I've been a member and didn't know it. 

Carlie -

I did not know Drew went to visit TM in the hospital.  OMG
You are right - this equals instant memory lapse.  OMG

Where did you read this?  I must have overlooked it or don't see it.
Too much.
This guy is scarrrrrreeeeeeeyyyy!!!!:smt077

value people not things
aly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #829 on: November 28, 2007, 02:46:50 AM »

This guy is scaarrrrreeeyyy!!!

value people not things
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #830 on: November 28, 2007, 07:10:53 AM »

Welcome Carlie69...Aly I highlighted it in the link that Carlie posted. I can't believe that they let DP visit him in the hospital, unless LE didn't know about his involvement at the time.

Drew's relative attempted suicide, source says
Drew Peterson's relative said to be distraught over Stacy's disappearance

November 28, 2007
BY JOE HOSEY Herald News
One of Drew Peterson's relatives overdosed on pills after helping the former Bolingbrook police sergeant load a large barrel into Peterson's SUV the day Stacy Peterson vanished, a police source said Tuesday.

Thomas Morphey, a step-brother, was hospitalized but survived what the source described as a suicide attempt. Morphey's wife called police, saying her husband heard of the disappearance, became distraught and feared he might have unwittingly helped dispose of Drew Peterson's wife's body, the source said.

Prosecutors have not called Morphey to testify before a grand jury examining the 23-year-old woman's disappearance because he has "memory lapses" about loading the barrel into Peterson's GMC Yukon Denali, the source said.

Drew Peterson visited Morphey in the hospital, the source said.
Last Friday, the Sun-Times reported that a neighbor told police he saw Drew Peterson and another man loading the barrel into the SUV.

Illinois State Police have seized the Denali among other property taken from the Petersons' Bolingbrook home. Tests conducted on the vehicle at the State Police laboratory had not been completed, a source said late last week. But another source said police located pieces of blue plastic on the back end of the Denali.

State investigators have also released photographs of the SUV and Stacy Peterson's vehicle, a purple Pontiac Grand Am, hoping someone might have seen one or both of the vehicles in the hours after the young wife vanished.

Stacy Peterson's family members say they last heard from her the morning of Oct. 28. The mother of two was expected to help paint a house in Yorkville later that day, but she never showed up, her relatives say.

Police and scores of volunteers have scoured the countryside searching for Stacy Peterson. Drew Peterson has not participated in those searches.

Police have identified Drew Peterson as a suspect in his wife's disappearance.

The investigation has prompted Will County prosecutors to take another look at the 2004 death of Peterson's third wife, Kathleen Savio. Savio's death was originally ruled an accidental drowning, but authorities now believe it may have been a homicide.

Drew Peterson has denied any involvement in his wife's disappearance or his ex-wife's death. He maintains that Stacy Peterson left him, possibly for another man.

On Tuesday, he refused to answer a reporter's questions about moving a barrel from his home.

Contributing: Sun-Times reporter Dan Rozek and Herald News reporter Janet Lundquist.

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #831 on: November 28, 2007, 08:43:14 AM »

Hi Everyone.
New here.
I've been following this case from the start.  Well the start for me since I'm on the west coast.

Yes I did hear about a relative helping him load the blue barrel.

Here is the link
http://www.suntimes.com/news/669960,boling112707.article

WELCOME CHARLIE
aly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #832 on: November 28, 2007, 10:49:41 AM »

Thanks MuminOhio.
I don't know how I missed that - was reading fast.

I agree - I don't know how they let him visit.

I hope they are able to get something from this against DP finally that will be some evidence that will prove beyond a shadow of a doubt.

value people not things
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #833 on: November 28, 2007, 11:02:29 AM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,313401,00.html

Report: Drew Peterson Called In Sick on Night of Wife's Disappearance
Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The husband of Stacy Peterson did not show up to work on the night that the 23-year-old woman disappeared, the Chicago Tribune reported Wednesday.

Stacy Peterson, a mother of two and Drew Peterson's fourth wife, was reported missing Oct. 29 by her family after she failed to show up to a friend's house.

Drew Peterson, who recently resigned as an officer from the Bolingbrook police department, was scheduled to work at 5 p.m. Oct. 28 but called in to take a personal or sick day, Bolingbrook police Lt. Ken Teppel told the Tribune.

In addition, the Tribune reported, a key witness has told a friend he might have helped transport the body of Peterson's wife. That witness — a relative to Drew Peterson — allegedly helped move a barrel that was warm to the touch from Peterson's bedroom to an SUV. A source close to the investigation says that witness told a friend about his involvement.

Two days later, the distressed relative, who has not been identified, was hospitalized after an alleged suicide attempt, the Tribune reported.

Volunteers searching for any signs of Stacy are looking for the barrel. Neighbors say Peterson had a blue barrel in his backyard.

Peterson's neighbor told police last week that he saw Peterson and the man load a barrel "big enough to put someone in" into the former police officer's SUV, according to a Chicago Sun-Times report.

Meanwhile, Will County prosecutors reopened the investigation into the death of Peterson's third ex-wife, Kathleen Savio. Savio, 40, died in a bathtub in March 2004. Prosecutors say the death appeared to be staged to conceal a homicide and recently exhumed her body for a second autopsy.

Illinois State Police told FOX News on Sunday that "new information" prompted its appeal for more information about possible sightings of the cars that belong to Stacy Peterson or her husband, Drew, around the time that the woman vanished.

Police have released photos of the vehicles: A dark Blue 2005 GMC Yukon Denali belonging to Drew and the second a purple 2002 Pontiac Grand Am, belonging to Stacy, and asked the public to call its tip line at 815-740-0678 or "America's Most Wanted" at 800-274-6388.

Both vehicles were impounded by police on Nov. 1 and are still in police possession.

Helen Back
Monkey Junky

« Reply #834 on: November 28, 2007, 11:12:32 AM »

welcome new monkeys!

Very interesting articles!  We can only hope that he was stupid enough to post on Greta's blog on the same day he "received" the letter of the Stacy sighting. And he called in sick the night of Stacy's disappearance because he was little busy with that barrel. 

His goose is cooked, with our without the barrel. 

I hope they find her soon.  Maybe the family reads here.  Love and support to you and your missing loved one.
aly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #835 on: November 28, 2007, 11:17:23 AM »

FOXNEWS.COM HOME > ON THE RECORD W/ GRETA

Bizarre Twist in Peterson Case
Wednesday, November 28, 2007

E-Mail Print Digg This! del.icio.us
This is a rush transcript from "On the Record ," November 27, 2007. This copy may not be in its final form and may be updated.

GRETA VAN SUSTEREN, HOST: This is a "FOX News Alert": Breaking news in the Sergeant Petersen case.

Remember that big blue barrel Sergeant Peterson was said to have loaded into his truck the day after Stacy Peterson disappeared? Well, police now believe they know who helped Peterson carry that barrel, and police also now believe that they know what happened to this man the next day.

Former LAPD homicide detective Mark Fuhrman is digging into the case. He joins us live in Bolingbrook, Illinois. Mark, first of all, who is this man?

MARK FUHRMAN, FMR LAPD HOMICIDE DETECTIVE, FOX ANALYST: Well, Greta, it's kind of a — it's not a long story, but we need to go back to last week. Last week, Illinois State Police really — it was revealed that they had interviewed a neighbor of Drew Peterson that had seen Drew Peterson and an unidentified male loading a blue barrel into his GMC Denali SUV. Now, that was October 28. That was the day that Stacy Peterson was last heard from at about 10:30 that morning.

RelatedColumn Archive
Bizarre Twist in Peterson CaseSatish Kalpoe's Lawyer Sounds OffAruba's Chief Prosecutor on New Evidence Against Holloway Suspects'OTR' Legal Eagles Preview Upcoming Hearing in Holloway CaseJossy Mansur on Timing of New Arrests in Holloway CaseFull-page Interview Archive

Show Info
Airs Weekdays at 10 p.m. ET
E-mail the Show: ontherecord@foxnews.com Greta Van Susteren's Bio Read the GretaWire Interview Archive Greta's Pod Cast Now, a source that we have has told us that the Illinois State Police then believed that that man was, in fact, a relative of Drew Peterson. Now, multiple and different sources have told myself and your producer, Steph Watts, that that man is, in fact, a relative of Drew Peterson. In fact, it's his stepbrother, and his name is Thomas Morphey. And he lives just about a mile, mile-and-a-half from the Peterson home.

Now, on the day after Stacy is last seen — On October 28, she was last seen. That is the day that Drew Peterson and this man that was unidentified that day are loading the barrel. The next day, Thomas Morphy overdoses on three anti-depressants and alcohol, two of the anti- depressants being reported as Zoloft and Xanax.

He is overdosed on these drugs. EMS paramedics respond to his residence, as do Bolingbrook police, and he is subsequently transported to Edwards Hospital, where we believe he was treated and released the next day some time. Now, as of this moment, we don't know if this was an accidental overdose or it was an attempted suicide. That is what we know right now.

VAN SUSTEREN: Where is Thomas Morphey?

FUHRMAN: Well, Greta, we know his address. We're not going to put it out over the air. We've been to the house. What's interesting is the porch lights were on all day today. Nobody in the neighborhood's lights were on. There was curtains drawn, no visible movement inside, dogs barking inside. We knocked on the door after dark — same condition. The neighbor and kids hadn't seen them. So we do not know.

I put a phone call in. I believed it was the phone that goes to the house. No answer. The owner of the home is not Thomas Morphey. That is not the person that owns the home. We have not been able to make contact with the person that does own the home. And that's where we stand right now, Greta.

VAN SUSTEREN: Is there any information as to what kind of relationship that Sergeant Drew Peterson has with Thomas Morphey? Do you see them often? Are they close as stepbrothers? Any information like that?

FUHRMAN: Well, we can't really verify of recent, but we know that he has actually worked for Drew in the past. We know that other family members, Kathy Savio's family, knows him. He's been around, so it's not like somebody that's been a distant relative that, you know, just popped up out of nowhere. This is somebody that he has had a relationship — however close, we don't know, but a relationship nonetheless.

VAN SUSTEREN: All right, the blue barrel — is — I mean, obviously everyone is suspicious of the blue barrel. Is there any reason to believe that Stacy Peterson was in the blue barrel? Or where is that blue barrel?

FUHRMAN: Well, certainly, Greta, if we knew that, that would be the million- dollar question. But you have to — you have to say — as an investigator, you have to ask the question. It should be a very easy question to be asked and answered of Drew Peterson at this late date. It would be a very easy question for him to answer at this exact moment. What's in the large blue barrel that you put into your SUV the day that your wife ran off with another man? It might be a question you should be able to answer.

VAN SUSTEREN: Was the blue barrel put in his truck at night, at dark, or was it in the broad daylight?

FUHRMAN: Greta, we have not been able to establish the exact time, nor which neighbor it was, which makes it a little more confusing. As you just asked, night and day, it was my first question, too. I would presume that it would be later in the day. But then again, once the attention on the family was generated and phone calls and people started arriving, you would think that that would complicate things. But we do know this. The Denali was missing completely at 11:00 PM that night.

VAN SUSTEREN: All right. One other real quick question. The blue barrel — what's the origin of the blue barrel? Why would it even have been in possession of Sergeant Peterson or his home?

FUHRMAN: Well, a blue barrel was seen in the back yard by a neighbor, and then it disappeared. They can't absolutely establish the last time they saw it, but it was there. Now it's not. It could be a barrel to keep chlorine. I think that would be a lot of chlorine. But I have a couple of these barrels. They're used for a lot of things. After the commercial use is over, they're sold very cheaply. People use them for garbage. They use them for storage. They can be used for anything.

VAN SUSTEREN: All right. Mark, thank you very much. And of course, we're going to be following this very closely.

Now, Peterson's wife number, Kathleen Savio, died in 2004. A grand jury is investigating if it was an accident or a homicide. Kathleen's nephew, Charlie Doman, joins us live in Bolingbrook, Illinois. Charlie, welcome. Nice to see you again. Do you know Thomas Morphy?

CHARLIE DOMAN, KATHLEEN SAVIO'S NEPHEW: Thanks, Greta. Yes. Yes, I know Tom.

VAN SUSTEREN: How do you know Tom?

DOMAN: I — he was actually the manager at the bar when I was a deejay.

VAN SUSTEREN: All right. When you say "the bar," is that the bar that Stacy Peterson owned, or is that a different bar?

DOMAN: No, it was the bar that he owned with my aunt at the time, yes.

VAN SUSTEREN: What years did you work with and spend — or see — see Thomas Morphey alive (ph), what period of time?

DOMAN: Oh, I don't know, like, maybe eight, ten years ago, somewhere around there.

VAN SUSTEREN: When was the last time...

DOMAN: I was in my early 20s.

VAN SUSTEREN: When was the last time you saw Tom Morphey?

DOMAN: Again, around my early 20s, around, you know, mid-'90s, around there somewhere, early '90s, mid-'90s. I didn't see him much after I quit working at the bar, a little here and there, but nothing — nothing special. It was a wild time for all of us.

VAN SUSTEREN: Do you — you say it was a wild time. What do you — might as well explained that one. What does that mean?

DOMAN: We did a lot of hanging out, a lot of drinking, you know, stuff like that. I was in my early 20s, so I was new to the bar scene.

VAN SUSTEREN: Was Drew Peterson part of that scene, or was he simply an owner of the bar?

DOMAN: He was the owner of the bar. He really didn't hang out with us too much on that level. I mean, on the family level, he did, but as far as, like, socially, not really. Probably not at all.

VAN SUSTEREN: Do you have any current information, like information within the last year, as to what kind of relationship Sergeant Petersen has with his stepbrother?

DOMAN: No. I really wish I did, but no.

VAN SUSTEREN: Anything about Tom Morphey that stands out in your mind that you want to add, Charlie?

DOMAN: I know — I know at the time, he was always worried about what Drew thought of him, what Drew would say if he did whatever. So Drew — drew was in his mind a lot when we'd be hanging out, and so on and so forth.

VAN SUSTEREN: All right. Now, he apparently had a drug overdose. We don't know if it was attempted suicide, whether it was an accident. When you heard about this, you know, did it occur to you that he might attempt to commit suicide or might be an accident? What was your thought?

DOMAN: I don't know. It just seemed to me like the same old Tom. He used to get really wasted all the time. I remember one instance, he — he flipped his truck while — while he was intoxicated, and that's as far as — I mean, when I heard that, I just — I don't know.

VAN SUSTEREN: All right. Does he have a drug problem, Charlie?

DOMAN: That I don't know for sure. I can't give specifics on that. I really don't know for sure.

VAN SUSTEREN: All right, Charlie. Thank you.

DOMAN: Thanks, Greta.
-----------------------
sorry if this was already posted.

value people not things
Jennifer34
Scared Monkey

« Reply #836 on: November 28, 2007, 11:21:23 AM »

Rolling Eyes Every body keeps a blue barrel in their bedroom  Rolling Eyes

What is the grand jury waiting on?  Seems like this guy has put himself out there now, so why doesn't he just take them to where they took the barrel?  He of all people should want DP, (apparently king pin of Bolingbrook  Rolling Eyes) off the streets asap.

Welcome Aly & Carie.  I found scared monkeys while reading up on the Natalee Holloway case and 2-1/2 years later found myself hooked in to alot of missing person's cases.  I also found my brother posting here ...lol, he wasn't missing however, just lives in another state and travels alot.  It's a  Cool place with alot of great people, you will find it addictive.  Very Happy
aly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #837 on: November 28, 2007, 11:45:35 AM »

Jennifer34 -
You asked why TM doesn't just lead them to the blue barrel - but I was thinking he might have only helped load it into the vehicle.
Yes, DP would need help unloading it if he needed help loading it, but just saying we don't know if he went with him and unloaded it.  I guess it seems like he would have, doesn't it.

I also followed the scared monkeys forever with the NH case.

-----------------------------------
CNN

Hunt for cop's missing wife focused on blue barrel
Story Highlights
Private searcher says police said to look for blue plastic barrel

Wife of former police Sgt. Drew Peterson missing since October 28

Peterson a suspect in wife's disappearance, police say

Peterson says he thinks wife left him for another man

Next Article in U.S. »

Read  VIDEO 

BOLINGBROOK, Illinois (AP) -- Searchers looking for a former police officer's missing wife were told by police to watch for a blue plastic barrel that could fit the woman's body inside, one of the searchers said.

Former police Sgt. Drew Peterson talks to reporters from a car on Monday.

Illinois State Police also told members of Texas EquuSearch, which has assisted law enforcement, family and friends in the search for Stacy Peterson, to focus on areas of water in their search for the barrel, Tim Miller, founder and director of the private group, said Tuesday.

"They actually even gave me a picture of what we might be looking for," Miller said. "It was certainly large enough to put her body in, she only weighed about a hundred pounds."

Peterson, 23, was last seen on October 28. Authorities have said her husband, Drew Peterson, is a suspect in her disappearance and have called her case a possible homicide. The search for the woman has been ongoing since her disappearance.

It was not clear why police were making the barrel a focus in the search. Illinois State Police did not return messages from The Associated Press late Tuesday or early Wednesday.

Peterson's disappearance led authorities to re-examine the circumstances of the 2004 death of Drew Peterson's third wife, Kathleen Savio. Authorities have said her death may have been a homicide staged to look like an accidental bathtub drowning.

Don't Miss
Cop says letter says missing wife spotted
Husband a suspect, police say
Drew Peterson, 53, has denied any involvement in either case and said he believes his 23-year-old wife left him for another man and is alive. His attorney did not return calls.

On Tuesday, Peterson emerged from his suburban Chicago home with a hand-held video camera and told the horde of reporters surrounding his house that they made him feel like a prisoner. 

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

value people not things
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #838 on: November 28, 2007, 12:41:07 PM »

The Wednesday after Stacy disappeared, Drew Peterson asked his next-door neighbor to watch the kids after his step brother-in-law tried to commit suicide. Peterson told the neighbor, Sharon Bychowski to watch two of Peterson's kids for an hour.

Bychowski, one of Stacy's best friends, told FOX News that Peterson had a lack of emotion and dismissive attitude when he returned from the hospital to pick up the kids. Bychowski asked Peterson if everything was okay and he responded, "What? Oh. He lost his job. Lost his family. Go figure."

Peterson also asked Bychowski to move Stacy Peterson's Grand Prix, which has since been seized by investigators, to keep it away from the media.

Peterson's attorney is denying reports about a family member helping the former police officer remove a blue barrel from his home after Stacy Peterson was reported missing.

Joel Brodsky, Peterson's attorney, said the family member has a history of mental problems, alcoholism and suicide attempts. The family member might want attention or living in "a fantasy world," Brodsky said

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,313401,00.html

This is from the above fox news story.

Of course DP chose this fellow to help him...Drew knows TM has a history of questionable behavior and may not be a reliable witness.  Every move Drew has made has been calculated...He thinks he is so smart.  He thinks he is untouchable.  Makes me want to puke.

BTW- Welcome to the new monkeys!  Great to see your input!

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
Chicago_510
Scared Monkey

« Reply #839 on: November 28, 2007, 04:40:15 PM »

I'm not sure if anyone posted this yet, but it was on nbc5.com.  It sounds like Peterson might have left his cell phone with Morphey so he could call it from Stacy's phone.  He knew there would be a record of Stacy's phone making a call and his phone getting the call.  He was trying to show that he wasn't with her at the time the call was placed.  I'm not sure if everyone sees as much of this guy on the news as we do in Chicago, but he seems like a real cocky jerk.  I hope they nail him soon for both wive's murders.

But what's on record is that Drew Peterson called in to take a day off from the Bolingbrook Police Department -- from which he has since resigned -- on Oct. 28, the day Stacy Peterson last was seen by her relatives. He had been scheduled to work at 5 p.m. that day, but called in saying Stacy was missing and he had to watch the kids, police said.

According to the Tribune, Drew Peterson picked up Morphey at about 7 p.m. that evening and took him to a coffee shop. Peterson reportedly told the man he had to go somewhere and left him with a cell phone, instructing him not to answer it.

The phone did ring while Peterson was gone, the Tribune reported. The caller ID said, "Stacy."

According to reports, Peterson came back to the coffee shop and drove Morphey to Peterson's home, where he asked Morphey to help him move something from the house. After moving the plastic container to the SUV, the two left and Peterson dropped Morphey off at his own home, according to the Tribune.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.