March 28, 2024, 02:50:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stacy Ann Peterson 23, Bolingbrook IL - Missing 10/28/07 #1  (Read 1030055 times)
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #860 on: November 29, 2007, 11:53:23 PM »

Greta talks to Steve
Eavesdrop and listen in on the call.

Click on the blue icon
http://gretawire.foxnews.com/2007/11/29/eavesdrop-here-does-drew%e2%80%99s-friend-still-believe-him/

Near the end of the conversation I hear back peddeling.   Shocked

Thanks Carlie.  This guy leaves me dumbfounded.  He needs to take that step backwards because it is making him look bad.  I was wondering if he could be wearing a wire when he talks to Drew because I can't figure out why he would risk talking to him.
Carlie69
Scared Monkey

« Reply #861 on: November 30, 2007, 01:55:24 AM »

Greta talks to Steve
Eavesdrop and listen in on the call.

Click on the blue icon
http://gretawire.foxnews.com/2007/11/29/eavesdrop-here-does-drew%e2%80%99s-friend-still-believe-him/

Near the end of the conversation I hear back peddeling.   Shocked

Thanks Carlie.  This guy leaves me dumbfounded.  He needs to take that step backwards because it is making him look bad.  I was wondering if he could be wearing a wire when he talks to Drew because I can't figure out why he would risk talking to him.

His attn was on Greta today and he was horrible. 

Brodsky claims:

1.  The clergyman should be looked at suspiciously since he violated his confidentiality oath!!!  (Seriously...she's MISSING for God's sake!!.....plus, the actual clergyman never confirmed or denied it)

2.  Cassandra reported her missing at a "weird time"...I think the quote was, "Was she waiting for the bars to close, or what?"  (what a #&)@!!)!!!!    And something along the lines of "Most people would wait till morning!!!! 

3.  Drew NEVER saw Morphey on the day Stacey went missing and had major mental issues.

4.  Claims the story about the barrel is totally false...and it has gone from barrel to container to "tote bag"...(huh....I heard "tote"  but not "tote bag".....apparently Brodsky doesn't know the difference).

Steve C. is on now....defending DiP as usual!

Why didn't Drew call in the missing persons report.  He still hasn't even tried to help look for her.  He is Guilty IMO and I wish they could find her body so they can arrest him and get those kids out of that house.
aly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #862 on: November 30, 2007, 04:37:37 AM »

What does back peddling mean?  Sorry - sounds like peddling backwards on your bike.   Please fill me in.

Carlie - you are so right - didn't he make a missing person's report?
This is an excellent point if true.

& the brodsky guy is like I said just a paid person - he is paid by DP to say whatever anyone says against DP is wrong.
To question when someone called in a missing persons report is ridiculous, unless they waited to long to call it in.   It was when it dawned on the person (sister Cassandra) that the person MUST be missing.  Brodsky is just a paid card.
So far he doesn't really have anything to defend DP with.

Also, I was thinking it had to be a barrel - not a "container" because it was carrying caustic chlorine supposedly and would need to be a barrel to carry a liquid like that I believe.

and DP says the cat in the hat didn't do it.????
Again, joking around or talking crass, instead of acting like he has any concern for Stacy.  There is something very wrong with that guy, and many people see it.

value people not things
Jennifer34
Scared Monkey

« Reply #863 on: November 30, 2007, 09:16:56 AM »

I caught bits a pieces of Greta and I am just amazed at how DP & atty and his one friend can sit there and say everyone is wrong crazy and lying?  Here are 50 people with one story and DP with his, every one is wrong, yet he is honest?  He is so full of crap, his eyes should be brown. 

He is an accomplished liar. 

That whole bar bit with the sister reporting at 4:00 am.  That has been discussed back in the beginning.  She didn't just randomly stop by the police station at 4 the way he made it sound.  The atty. made himself look bad on that one imo.  How about his client who never reported her missing at all.

I can't imagine this atty. getting enough money to tarnish his rep. by being associated with DP.  I know the publicity is good for business and all but surely he does not believe DP.  I surely wouldn't go on tv spreading the word.  Any word.
aly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #864 on: November 30, 2007, 09:52:56 AM »

for one thing with this brodsky attorney guy says morphey's story makes no sense - okay, all we have to do is go ask the starbuck's crew who saw DP & TM together that night - of the the Starbucks' employees would have for sure.

Then Jennifer - you are sooooo right about him being an accomplished liar.
One thing his first three wives collaborated on was that he cheated so much on all of them and lying goes along with cheating.

Now don't go insulting brown eyes! Wink

and if he wants to put down sister Cassandra - let's compare Cassandra's relationship & DP's relationship to SP.
Cassandra and Stacy look so cute together in all their pictures - you can tell they really loved each other.
I don't see the same affection from the husband DP at all.
Cassandra sounds so believable in the video I saw where she was really grieving her sister.
DP sounded like he wanted everyone to get back on with their lives and just forget about Stacy - he didn't once express any kind of love or past love for her. He was colder than ice.
So yes, he is going to attack Cassandra because her love is evident for her sister and he knows he is full of s.

value people not things
Jennifer34
Scared Monkey

« Reply #865 on: November 30, 2007, 10:01:56 AM »

I wondered if they have already verified the story with the starbucks crew as well.  Seems relatively simple to figure out if they were there or not.  Would be super sweet if DP bought coffee with a check card .... I am sure he would have used cash, wishful thinking.  He had to have slipped up somewhere.  So now he is saying Morphey made up this whole blue barrel thing and the neighbor that saw them moving it did also ....

Once again .... everyone is a liar but the liar ... and he is going to go on TV (or his spokesman rather) You would think he was almost trying to look guilty as sin or at the very least just a very unlikeable person.

Aly, no offense about the brown eyes ... Wink  Apparently, I am a sucker for them, I am married to a brown eyed guy ...

oldencrabby
Scared Monkey

« Reply #866 on: November 30, 2007, 10:33:31 AM »

I can't stay online but I did want to comment that last night watching DP's lawyer I could see him, in my mind, mimicking JoeTaco in many ways.  Waiting to find JT involved and spewing.   

Special delivery!
aly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #867 on: November 30, 2007, 11:54:35 AM »

The following article brings up the repeating story that several of the wives testify dp said he could kill them and make it look like an accident.
the title is did cops protect one of their own.
my answer?  you betcha
ks called them and said he was threatening her life and they "thoroughly investigated" and found nothing.
how is that nothing?????
then she dies and it is ruled an accidental drowning in her bathtub.
uh huh.
right
dp was so confident with his ability to get rid of his wife #3 who he would have to pay out a lot of $ to with their 2 kids,
that he ended her life.
then sp became "a problem" when she started waking up to the nightmare she was living, and dp was sure he could easily get rid of wife #4 - TM said he said help me get rid of this problem.
he would just make sp disappear and people would think she was missing and voila, he would be back to his happy life and onto wife #5.
he didn't anticipate anyone questioning anything.

-----------------------------
updated 21 minutes ago  CNN

Peterson case: Did cops protect one of their own?Story Highlights
NEW: Police called 18 times in two years, but Sgt. Drew Peterson never arrested

Domestic disturbance calls involved third wife, Kathleen Savio, now dead

Fourth wife Stacy Peterson has been missing since October 28

Police have named Peterson a suspect in Stacy's disappearance

Next Article in U.S. »

Read  VIDEO TIMELINE 

BOLINGBROOK, Illinois (AP) -- Eighteen times in two years, Bolingbrook police were called to fellow officer Drew Peterson's home because of trouble between husband and wife.

Kathleen Savio, the third wife of Sgt. Drew Peterson, was found dead in a bathtub in 2004.
 1 of 3  But Peterson's wife could never get authorities to arrest him. In fact, she was the only one ever charged.

Now residents of this Chicago suburb are wondering whether police were protecting one of their own -- and whether they bear some responsibility for what happened next.

Peterson's wife at the time of the domestic disturbance calls, Kathleen Savio, was found dead in 2004 under mysterious circumstances. And now his current wife, Stacy, is missing and feared slain.

The way police dealt with Peterson "makes it kind of hard to trust cops," said Pablo Delira, a 59-year-old construction worker. He said he has no doubt he would have been led away in handcuffs if police had been called to his house 18 times.

Kim Camplin, who works in the clothing business, said Bolingbrook police should have taken the domestic disturbance calls more seriously.

"It doesn't matter if it's a fireman, a policeman or a clergyman -- all it should take is one call and it should be taken seriously," she said. "What faith can we have in the system?"

Peterson, 53, was a police sergeant and 29-year veteran of the force, resigning earlier this month after he came under suspicion in his current wife's disappearance in October.  Watch what Stacy Peterson reportedly told a priest »

Don't Miss
Ex-cop's kin: I helped move container
Vigil increases pressure on husband
Police: Cop husband a suspect
In a roughly two-year period beginning in 2002, police responded to 18 domestic disturbance calls at Peterson's house. Savio accused Peterson of beating her and threatening to kill her, but no charges were ever brought against him.

Instead, Peterson twice persuaded prosecutors to charge Savio with domestic battery. She was acquitted both times.

Police Lt. Ken Teppel said that in all 18 instances, police conducted a thorough investigation. He said a department inquiry found no indication officers did anything wrong or violated procedure.

But Teppel acknowledged the case has damaged the department's reputation.

"There is a distrust ... that this is going to be covered up," he said. "It's so hard to get over that."

Savio was found dead in her bathtub in 2004, and a coroner's jury ruled it an accidental drowning. But since Stacy Peterson's disappearance, investigators have re-examined Savio's death and exhumed her body, and said they now believe it was a homicide made to look like an accident.

Peterson has not been named a suspect in Savio's death. But authorities said he is suspected in Stacy Peterson's disappearance. Peterson has denied any wrongdoing in either case and said he believes his current wife left him for another man and is still alive.

The Bolingbrook department has handed the investigation over to the Illinois State Police -- standard practice in criminal cases involving a member of the force.

Not everyone in the community of about 70,000 blames the department.

"I haven't lost one iota of trust in the police department," said Stephen DeFreeuw, a 16-year resident. "One rogue cop."

Teppel said street cops in the 122-member department are being reminded about the proper way to handle domestic calls and are being told they are expected to adhere to the rules, no matter who answers when they knock on the door.

Teppel said Police Chief Ray McGrury has made it clear: "There are no favorites."

Savio and Stacy Peterson were Peterson's third and fourth wives. He and wives No. 1 and 2 divorced.

Vicki Connolly, Peterson's second wife, has said that during their marriage, an increasingly controlling Peterson hit her and told her he could kill her and make it look like an accident.

Connolly said police sometimes came to the house when the couple were having problems, but she said the officers were friends of theirs and no reports ever were filed. E-mail to a friend

value people not things
aly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #868 on: November 30, 2007, 02:51:38 PM »

Missing Mom Stacy Peterson's Family Wants Husband, Drew, to Take Lie Detector Test
Friday, November 30, 2007

AP

The family of missing mother Stacy Peterson wants her husband to take a lie detector test to prove that he has nothing to hide about her disappearance.

Drew Peterson, 53 and a former police sergeant, is a suspect in his wife's disappearance. He denies any involvement and claims that she left him for another man. Stacy was reported missing Oct. 29 by her family after she failed to show up at a friend's house.

Cassandra Cales, Stacy Peterson's sister, wants Drew to take a lie detector test about his knowledge of a blue barrel or container that she said she saw in their garage two days before Stacy disappeared.

report in the Naperville Sun.

"He says there was no barrel," Cales said. "There was a barrel; I saw it with my own eyes. I'll take a lie detector test. I feel Drew should take a lie detector test also."

Joel Brodsky, Drew Peterson's attorney, denies any container is missing from the home.

"There never was a drum," said Joel Brodsky, Drew Peterson's attorney. "The whole thing seems like a never-ending rumor that started with comments that Stacy's sister made."

Earlier this week, Illinois State Police identified the person they think may have helped Peterson move a large blue container from his bedroom to his vehicle the day after Stacy disappeared.

A law enforcement source told WFLD FOX Chicago that the man who helped load a barrel into Peterson's SUV tried to commit suicide the next day.

Meanwhile, Peterson's attorney is disputing a report that Stacy Peterson told a clergyman in August that her husband confessed to her that he killed his former wife, Kathleen Savio, and made it look like an accident.

Brodsky told FOX News that Drew Peterson was "totally amazed and in disbelief" when he heard about the report.

"It's disturbing that a clergyman would violate his oath of confidentiality," Brodsky said.

Kathleen Savio was found dead in her bathtub in 2004, and at the time, her death was ruled accidental. Savio died shortly before her divorce settlement with Drew Peterson was finalized.

Stacy told her husband she was leaving him and divorcing him the day before she was reported missing by her family, telling him to be out of the house in a few days, according to the source.

Peterson, who recently resigned as an officer from the Bolingbrook police department, was scheduled to work at 5 p.m. Oct. 28 but called in to take a personal or sick day, Bolingbrook police Lt. Ken Teppel told FOX News.

Brodsky said the family member has a history of mental problems, alcoholism and suicide attempts. The family member might want attention or be living in "a fantasy world," Brodsky said.

FOX News' Greta Van Susteren contributed to this report.
--- -------
You go Cassandra!!!

value people not things
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #869 on: November 30, 2007, 05:01:45 PM »

Relative's Pal: Peterson Paid For Barrel Disposal
Friend Claims Drew's Step-Brother Was 'In Panic'

POSTED: 7:52 am CST November 30, 2007
UPDATED: 3:19 pm CST November 30, 2007

BOLINGBROOK, Ill. -- A new voice is being heard in the case of a missing Bolingbrook woman.

A friend of the relative of Drew Peterson who has said that he fears he helped the former Bolingbrook police sergeant dispose of Stacy Peterson's body is saying that Peterson paid for that assistance.

Video: New Voice Heard
Video: Martineck On Today 

Walter Martineck Jr. appeared on the "Today" show Friday morning telling Meredith Viera that the man who is being portrayed as an instable alcoholic by Peterson attorney Joel Brodsky is actually a "down to earth" guy who has been Martineck's friend since the two were teenagers.

Martineck said that the man came to his house in a panic the night that he helped Peterson. Martineck said the Peterson relative said, "I know she was in there," referring to Stacy Peterson and a large container he claims he helped his step-brother move from a bedroom to the back of Peterson's SUV.

http://www.nbc5.com/news/14735158/detail.html?dl=mainclick

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Carlie69
Scared Monkey

« Reply #870 on: November 30, 2007, 11:23:19 PM »

What does back peddling mean?  Sorry - sounds like peddling backwards on your bike.   Please fill me in.

Carlie - you are so right - didn't he make a missing person's report?
This is an excellent point if true.

& the brodsky guy is like I said just a paid person - he is paid by DP to say whatever anyone says against DP is wrong.
To question when someone called in a missing persons report is ridiculous, unless they waited to long to call it in.   It was when it dawned on the person (sister Cassandra) that the person MUST be missing.  Brodsky is just a paid card.
So far he doesn't really have anything to defend DP with.

Also, I was thinking it had to be a barrel - not a "container" because it was carrying caustic chlorine supposedly and would need to be a barrel to carry a liquid like that I believe.

and DP says the cat in the hat didn't do it.????
Again, joking around or talking crass, instead of acting like he has any concern for Stacy.  There is something very wrong with that guy, and many people see it.

Aly
You are correct with the backpeddeling.  It is a figure of speach.  A person will say one thing and then he/she in turn tries to take back what they said or try and make it appear that they meant something else.

Nope he didn't make a missing persons report.  As a matter of fact he called out sick the day she went missing. 

I don't know if I'm supposed to mention this or not.  You can give me 40 lashes if I'm not.  LOL
But I have found another place to read and Cassandra is also there.  In the midst of so much there is actually one other person that is dead and another missing that is also connected with Drew Peterson
During the time the DP was married to wife #2 he was apparently cheating on her while the wife left for work with a young lady down the street.  The brother found out and told DP to stop seeing his sister and if he didn't he was going to tell his wife.  According to sorces this young man was found hung 2 days later and it was ruled a suicide and DP was the first person on the scene. 
In the case of the other missing persons, it is Tom Morphy's wife from 10 years ago.  Not the talk is that Tom may have owed DP a favor and that is why he was helping him move the container, barrel or whatever it may be.  Tom Morphy's wife has never been found.  Things are just getting more and more crazy in this case.  I bet they find more people missing and or dead that are around Drew Peterson.  This case is far from over.
aly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #871 on: December 01, 2007, 02:27:41 AM »

Jennifer -
about the brown eyes - no worries - I knew you were JK!  I was too.
Glad you found a good guy with brown eyes!   Ha!

Carlie -
Thank you so much for explaining the backpeddling.
I like that term!

You are kidding me!  You are kidding me!
This is the first I heard of TM's wife missing ten years ago!
& sure it is fine to say if you have another missing persons blog you check, if that is what you mean.

OK, so we have:

1)  SP mother missing (but I thot it was before she met DP?)
2)  Brother of DP's girlfriend dating while DP with wife #2? found dead
     boyfriend disapproved of his sister being with this married cop and
     the married cop DP happened upon the boyfriend supposedly hung himself
     & DP was the one to find him. 
3)  KS = wife #3 found drowned and death ruled accident until now and body exhumed and one medical examiner ruled death a homicide someone tried to coverup = beat to death? just before financials were finished being decided and DP collected 1M from her death as well as her kids with him collected 1M or something like that
4)  SP = wife #4 missing and thought to be hid in blue barrel and disposed of
5)  DP's relative, TM, has wife missing 10 years ago
     and this is same man who is saying he helped dispose of SP

OK, are there more?  Here are five people mentioned to have died or disappeared under suspicious circumstances with bad relationships with DP

Yeah, so as I said before it is like some of the crime library stories.
There was this Grandma who had people die around in her life for years and years, and no one ever suspected her since she was a Grandma and guess what.   It was her - the serial killer was her!

The difference between DP & TM I thought was that maybe TM had a drop of conscience (sp?) left, since he told some people he maybe helped dispose of SP and broke down.  But that was what I thought before I heard that his wife went missing.  I guess in this family, you get rid of people by killing them instead of getting a divorce or something like that.

value people not things
aly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #872 on: December 01, 2007, 04:13:25 AM »

brother disapproved of his sister being with this married cop and
     the married cop DP happened upon the brother supposedly hung himself & DP was the one to find him. 
3)  KS = wife #3 found drowned and death ruled accident until now and body exhumed and one medical examiner ruled death a homicide someone tried to coverup = beat to death? just before financials were finished being decided and DP collected 1M from her death as well as her kids with him collected 1M or something like that

-------------
sorry - in 2) I wrote "boyfriend" when I meant "brother" - I am tired!! ok?

value people not things
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #873 on: December 01, 2007, 10:15:59 AM »

brother disapproved of his sister being with this married cop and
     the married cop DP happened upon the brother supposedly hung himself & DP was the one to find him. 

-------------
sorry - in 2) I wrote "boyfriend" when I meant "brother" - I am tired!! ok?

aly, when you list them all like this it does look like DP was involved in all of their disappearances.  I haven't read all these posts but this is just nuts.  How one man could be connected to all of these disappearances.  This guy is like a serial murderer.
aly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #874 on: December 01, 2007, 11:49:48 AM »

In the case of the other missing persons, it is Tom Morphy's wife from 10 years ago.  Not the talk is that Tom may have owed DP a favor and that is why he was helping him move the container, barrel or whatever it may be.  Tom Morphy's wife has never been found.  Things are just getting more and more crazy in this case.  I bet they find more people missing and or dead that are around Drew Peterson.  This case is far from over.

Carlie & San -
I can only find one cbs video of dp attorney brodsky talking & that is the only source of saying tm wife missing?
so wondering if that is just dp attorney slinging mud again at tm or if it is in fact a fact.
the theory of tm being involved to pay back a favor in quite interesting tho.   "You help me dispose of my wife, and I'll help you dispose of yours."

What do you think about this angle that he came to help move a blue barrel out of the bedroom to the suv and it was warm to the touch and then AFTER the fact thinks it might be sp - meaning what do you think of the angle that he was so unaware of what was in the barrel????? Shocked
I don't know about you, but if someone asked me to move a large barrel out of the bedroom (like someone posted - oh yeah, like we all keep blue barrels in our bedroom), I would definitely ask, what is in this barrel?????
So that makes it hard to believe tm didn't know about sp in the barrel, and I agree with the person who said tm better get himself an attorney, becuz he will need to defend himself if in fact this story is true - which I believe it probably is.  Like I said, tm has more to lose than gain by coming out with the story.  He hopefully is telling the truth and coming out to clear his conscience for sp sake.

value people not things
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #875 on: December 01, 2007, 12:41:08 PM »

From Greta's blog:

December 1st, 2007 12:34 PM Eastern
Email from Colleague In Bolingbrook, Illinois
by Greta Van Susteren

I just got this email from my FNC colleague Jeff Goldblatt..he is in Bolingbrook, Illinois covering the Sgt Peterson/Stacy Peterson story and it looks like things are getting pretty raw in that neighborhood:

It’s getting downright kooky here. Sharon got a special permit from the city to put up some big party tents in the cul-de-sac for a prayer vigil this afternoon. But Drew Peterson seems bent on getting in the way.

At some point yesterday afternoon, someone sympathetic to Drew, put a few orange construction cones out in front of his house on the street, so no one could park there. This morning, Drew’s brother, Paul informed us of the plan: to pull a big truck up in front of his house to block the view from the media–and the street in the process.

Earlier this morning, his brother, Paul put orange cones on the street…

Undaunted, an enraged Sharon told me she called the cops. Then, had friends hustle 4 cars into the “saved” spots. It was a frenetic scene there for a few minutes!

I told Sharon this was like the Hatfields and McCoys. Her reply: “No, this is a man who murdered his wife!”

All this drama, and the vigil is still hours away.

http://gretawire.foxnews.com/

oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #876 on: December 01, 2007, 02:06:46 PM »

Pulling this over from Stacy's Family board
http://findstacypeterson.com/forum/index.php?topic=577.0

Bevchcgo 12/01/2007  at 10:57:19 AM
I just wanted to let you all know that there was a MASSIVE turnout for today's search!!!  I estimate about 150+ searchers were there in the registration room.  People were there from Lake Zurich, Indiana, etc.  It was so wonderful to see so many turn out even when the weather is forecast to be bad!

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
aly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #877 on: December 01, 2007, 02:51:55 PM »

my tactics would be instead of searching
since it seems dp possibly destroyed all evidence
I would play "Columbo" and follow up on all clues.
I also like how Columbo would "harrass" the suspect, until the suspect would get upset just like dp is getting so upset at the media.
Obviously if his wife was missing and he ever cared about her, he would appreciate some of the media exposure to bring back the loving mother of his kids - remember he said she was a good mother.

Here is something from crime library blog about a Larissa Schuster.
Someone there found a similarity (sp?) to the blue barrel.
A wife and her boyfriend destroyed of the husband (if I read this right - I skimmed it really fast) and MAYBE THIS IS WHERE DP GOT HIS IDEA! if in fact there is a blue barrel with chlorine and the pool company did in fact call the police because of an abnormally large purchase of chlorine by dp.
Prepare yourself - it is pretty gory as is the sp case if this in fact happened.

I am telling you - dp is is ssscccaaaaarrrreeeeyyyyyyyy! Shocked

----------------------------------------
The Back Story: Fagone Trial 11-28-2006 Action News Reporter DeAnna McQueen reports with today's "Back Story."
11/28/2006 - The prosecution is trying to prove the victim, Tim Schuster, was tortured and killed. Tuesday, Fresno County forensic pathologist, Dr. Venu Gopal, painted quite a chilling picture.

The autopsy was performed July 15, 2003. He detailed how during the autopsy, special precautions had to be taken because of the chemicals involved. Those participating had to wear hazardous material clothing.
Gopal testified the barrel was x-rayed. All of the contents were documented. The pathologist said he had to drill holes in the 55-gallon blue barrel to get fluid samples. He said he found a blackish sludge at the bottom.

Once the body was taken out, Gopal said he photographed the lower part of the body, because the upper half had been dissolved by hydrochloric acid. In fact, he said, only 103 pounds of Tim Schuster was left.

In graphic detail, Gopal described how what skin was left had been bleached and the only organs were Schuster's liver and kidneys. He said since there were no teeth or fingers to take prints, he had to identify the body using DNA.

Gopal ruled the death as a probable combination of acute chloroform exposure and hydrochloric immersion. Gopal said he was unable to determine whether Tim Schuster was alive at the time of death, but it was probable. He also said a recent dead body can emit sounds because there is gas in the body.

The prosecution played a videotape of an interview with James Fagone, conducted by the Clovis Police Department. In it, Fagone is wearing a baseball cap, a stripped t-shirt, shorts and slaps. He seems very comfortable as he discussed his relationship with his co-defendant, Larissa Schuster. Fagone described Larissa as, "constantly whining and complaining", about her estranged . . .

value people not things
aly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #878 on: December 01, 2007, 03:00:33 PM »

Man may have been alive when stuffed in container

Police affidavits describe confession of James Fagone as the case against him, victim's wife unfold.

By Michael Baker
The Fresno Bee
(Updated Saturday, August 2, 2003, 4:17 AM)

Timothy Schuster may have been alive when corrosive chemicals were poured over him in the moments before he was sealed into a blue plastic barrel used to store chemical waste.

Such a scenario is given by the former award-winning student allegedly enlisted by Schuster's estranged wife to kill the 45-year-old Clovis man, according to affidavits written by police and sworn to in Fresno County Superior Court.

The affidavits, which The Bee obtained Thursday, were filed to support search warrants served during the investigation of Larissa Schuster, 42, and James Fagone, 21. Both have pleaded innocent to possible death penalty allegations of lying in wait, kidnapping, torturing and murdering Timothy Schuster for financial gain.

In one affidavit, police give a brief but chilling version of Fagone's confession:

At 2 a.m. on July 10, Fagone and Larissa Schuster went to her husband's Clovis home and "used a stun gun to disable him when he answered the front door. They then took him through the house and tied him up. They put him in his truck and drove him to Larissa's Clovis house. There they stuffed him in a plastic barrel and poured caustic chemicals over him. They then sealed the barrel." Larissa Schuster's attorney, Roger Nuttall, said he would not give details but said he has uncovered evidence that questions Fagone's truthfulness.

"From what little we know, I can't say that I place a good deal of stock in what he's saying," Nuttall said.

"I'm saying that it's not such that I don't have a lot of questions concerning his veracity."

Fagone's attorney, public defender Peter Jones, said, "It would be inappropriate to comment at this juncture."

And while Clovis police initially told reporters that Timothy Schuster was killed before being put in the chemical drum, they are now unsure.

"There is a possibility he may still have been alive when he was placed in the barrel, but again, we're waiting for determination from the Coroner's Office," said Clovis police spokeswoman Janet Stoll-Lee.

Fresno County's chief forensic pathologist, Venu Gopal, who performed Schuster's autopsy, said a cause of death is not yet able to be made public. He did say that Schuster could have been "still alive or dying at the time of them putting him in the barrel."

The Coroner's Office has ordered DNA tests to confirm the body's identification, but Clovis police say they are convinced it is Schuster.

Other details of Fagone's confession are also given in the warrant served to search his home. Fagone told detectives:

The day after sealing Timothy Schuster's body into the barrel, and after detectives interviewed Larissa Schuster for the first time, Fagone and the biochemist moved the chemical drum to her Fresno business.

Then on July 12, "Larissa called him and asked his help to move the barrel again, but he refused saying he had had enough."

Before Fagone reportedly confessed on July 15, police had already built up a strong suspicion about Larissa Schuster after interviewing several of the employees of her business, Central California Research Laboratories.

According to affidavits, employees reported that Larissa Schuster had displayed hatred of her husband and often wished him dead.

After 191/2 years of marriage, the Schusters were embroiled in a bitter divorce, fighting over custody of their 12-year-old son and financial assets totaling millions of dollars.

She asked one employee whether he thought she would be able to fit her husband's body in a large blue plastic drum, kept at the business to store chemical waste.

"Two employees reported that when they heard that Timothy was missing, they joked about Larissa's comments about stuffing him in a barrel," police said. "They then went to see if the barrel was still there [and] were surprised to see that it had disappeared."

At least six search warrants have been issued during the investigation of Schuster and Fagone.

On July 11, the day after the obsessively punctual Timothy Schuster missed several appointments, police searched his Clovis home. They found his wallet and cell phone, items friends say the man would have not left.

On July 14 and 15, police searched Larissa Schuster's Clovis home, her business and a self-storage unit she used. They confiscated several items including blond wigs, hair and bloody tennis shoes from Schuster's home; and Fagone's time sheets, chemical order invoices, saws and a mop and bucket from the business.

Inside the storage unit, police found a barrel wrapped in a cardboard cover with a shipping label from Larissa Schuster's business. Inside the drum was the decomposing and partially dismembered body police believe is Timothy Schuster.

Police arrested Fagone July 15 and Schuster the next day.

On July 18, police searched Fagone's home, where detectives seized receipts for a stun gun and a 14-inch cable tie, bank statements, a folding buck knife and computer equipment.

On July 21, detectives again searched Larissa Schuster's business. This time, they seized computer equipment after being told Schuster possibly destroyed evidence by deleting files of invoices, e-mails and financial transactions.

When asked about several of the details provided in the warrants, Clovis police said they would not comment further.

"There are certain aspects and different aspects of this case that only people involved would know, and it would jeopardize our case if that information became public at this time," Stoll-Lee said. "The case is still under investigation, and as information becomes available which can be released, either we will release it or you will find it in court documents."

A review of the warrants shows police interviewed witnesses who were able to pick up the narrative of July 12 where Fagone left off:

Larissa Schuster called an employee and asked for help renting a truck with a lift gate. The employee believes Schuster used the truck to travel to the storage unit.

For months, the employee had rented the storage unit in her name, but Schuster paid the bill. The unit, Schuster said, was to hide property from her husband until their divorce was final.

When Schuster returned the truck, the employee noticed blood on one of Larissa's shoes.

"I'm pretty certain there will be a valid explanation for that," Nuttall said.

Larissa Schuster was arrested at a St. Louis airport and was flown back to Fresno on July 17. She was arraigned the next day with Fagone.

The pair, who appeared in court together Wednesday, have their next court date scheduled for Aug. 28, when a judge will determine whether there is sufficient evidence to order them to trial. If so ordered, Fresno County prosecutors will later decide whether to seek the death penalty.
--------------------
so it seems to me they need to be following up on clues rather than searching -
did the kids say anything -
what was found at the house of dp?

value people not things
aly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #879 on: December 01, 2007, 09:06:02 PM »

abcnews says they think dp shipped the blue barrel on a truck in a package

---------------------------------
Peterson Rips 'Package' Claim as Work of 'Crazies'
Ex-Cop Whose Wife Disappeared Tells ABC News He Had Not Heard Police Suggestion He Approached Truck Drivers to Transport 'Package'
Drew Peterson. (ABC News) By CHRISTINE BROUWER
Dec. 1, 2007

Share In an exclusive phone interview, Drew Peterson denied all knowledge of a new police report suggesting he asked two truck drivers at a Bolingbrook, Ill., truck stop to transport a package for him the night his wife, Stacy Peterson, disappeared.

"I have no knowledge of anything like that," Peterson told ABC News. "It's the first I've heard of it."

Related Stories
Friend: Relative Moved Peterson's BodyPeterson Case: Blue Barrel or Red Herring?Exclusive: A Look Inside Peterson's HomeBarrel a Focus in Missing Woman SearchCop Maintains Innocence in Wives ScandalLetter: Peterson Sighted in Illinois StorePeterson: Sociopath or Desperate Husband?Peterson: Controlling But Not AbusiveDrew Peterson's First Wife: 'This Is Tragic'As Romance Faded, Ex-Cop's Missing Wife 'Would Always Look Over Her Shoulder' Did Police Officers Protect Drew Peterson?Savio's Family Always Suspected PetersonIll. 'Suspect' Cop's 3rd Wife ExhumedSister: Cop's Wife 'Feared for Her Life'Top U.S. stories
Deadly Snowstorm Slams MidwestBody ID'd As Porn-Star College StudentStates Rethink Charging Kids As Adults

Peterson called the report "totally fictitious," and added, "It wasn't me."

Peterson's denial came after the Illinois State Police released a statement saying: "On Oct. 29, 2007, at approximately 3:30 a.m., two truck drivers were approached by two men at a truck stop in Bolingbrook, Ill. One of the two men is believed to be Drew Peterson and the other described as a white male, early 50's, salt-and-pepper hair, with a stocky build. The two men request the truck drivers to transport a package to an undisclosed location. Upon reaching the location, the men would regain possession of the package and continue transporting it to a location not accessible by semi-trailers."

Stacy Peterson, 23, vanished from her home in Bolingbrook on Oct. 28. Since she was reported missing a day later, suspicion has swirled around Drew Peterson, 53, her husband and a former sergeant at the Bolingbrook Police Department. Police named Peterson a suspect in his wife's disappearance three weeks ago.

Peterson has denied any involvement in his wife's disappearance.

Anthony Laatz, a close friend of Stacy Peterson and her family, said those looking for the missing mother-of-two are excited about today's new developments in the case.

"We're definitely excited," Laatz told ABC News from the house of Sharon Bychowski, Drew and Stacy Peterson's neighbor, where the searchers gathered tonight after spending the day searching for signs of Stacy in the blistering cold.

"The fact that the police is releasing [this information] means they're getting close to something," Laatz said.

Drew Peterson, meanwhile, shrugged off tonight's report.

"I think it's a couple of more crazies coming out of the woodwork," Peterson told ABC News. "I got girlfriends from 30 years coming out of the woodwork. I'm waiting for my seventh grade prom date to say that I was a bad kisser."

Stacy Peterson was Drew Peterson's fourth wife. His third wife, Kathleen Savio, was found dead in a bathtub in 2004 in what the coroner at the time ruled was an accidental drowning. The Will County state's attorney has since called her death suspicious.

Today, more than 200 people braved freezing temperatures to search areas in Chicago's southwestern suburbs Saturday looking for signs of Stacy Peterson. But the search was called off after four hours when snow and sleet thwarted the effort. Dozens of people also attended a candlelight vigil in Romeoville to pray for her safe return.

value people not things
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.