March 28, 2024, 07:51:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stacy Ann Peterson 23, Bolingbrook IL - Missing 10/28/07 #1  (Read 1030007 times)
aly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #880 on: December 02, 2007, 01:52:58 AM »

another missing person linked to dp
try googling jeffrey archer drew peterson

found about him on another blog - read on:

--------------
local man, Jeffrey Archer, dated one of Peterson's ex-wives, angering Peterson. According to police documents, he was found dead in Sanitary Shipping Canal, one mile east of Routes 83 and 171- Cook County. That area has also been searched for any trace of Stacy Peterson's remains.

value people not things
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #881 on: December 02, 2007, 09:08:37 AM »

Very interesting Aly...  I wonder how many more dead people are intertwined in this mans life. Why on earth haven't they arrested him!!? Bollingbrook LE seems to operate a lot like Aruban LE  Rolling Eyes

Here is a report on Jeffrey Archer
http://www.isp.state.il.us/crime/unsolveddetails.cfm?ID=22

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Katysmom
Monkey Junky

Everyone needs a helping hand once in a while

« Reply #882 on: December 02, 2007, 11:44:14 AM »

A few minutes ago on Fox, Jamie Colby (i think it was her) was interviewing Drew's attorney via telephone.  He was angry that people are jumping all over the latest trucker account, among others, yet, when his client recieves a letter in the mail with a siteing of Stacy in Peoria, people don't believe it.  Jamie asked him if the police were following up on the letter Drew received.  His answer?  The police have subpoened the letter from Drew.  Jamie either didn't catch that or ignored it; no follow up questions like why didn't Drew turn this letter over to the police????

If love could of saved you, you would of lived forever
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #883 on: December 02, 2007, 01:05:41 PM »

Interesting article. Klaas, should it be in Nailah's thread also?

Why aren't the cops hassling Peterson?
Potts isn't officially a suspect in Nailah's murder -- but he's in jail

December 2, 2007
BY MARY MITCHELL Sun-Times Columnist
Why isn't Drew Peterson in jail? Given that Peterson has been named a suspect in the disappearance of his wife, Stacy Peterson, why is he still walking around enjoying his notoriety?

Obviously, Peterson is innocent until proven guilty. But he has been called a suspect by top officials with the State Police. It seems strange that he is still out and about.

Drew Peterson has been named a suspect in the disappearance of his 23-year-old wife, Stacy.

"Just because someone is a suspect in a case doesn't mean they need to be taken into custody," said Master Sgt. Luis Gutierrez, spokesman for the State Police.

"We identified [Peterson] as a suspect because we believe him to be connected to the missing person case involving his wife, Stacy Peterson. It's not unusual."

Maybe not.

But I've never reported on a case in which someone deemed a suspect is free to come and go as he or she pleases. Unless that person has fled, usually the police find a way to get the person off the street.

Despite explosive headline stories -- the most recent in which a source told columnist Michael Sneed that Stacy told a clergyman Peterson killed his third wife, Kathleen Savio, Drew Peterson is not being hassled.

Released, picked up again
I find that ironic, when comparing Peterson's case with the recent case of another man whose name has been linked with the disappearance and homicide of another Chicago area woman.

In that other case, Reginald Potts Jr., the young man who once dated Nailah Franklin, hadn't been called a suspect or even a person of interest. However, he has been locked up repeatedly -- four times to be exact -- since Franklin's body was found in Calumet City on Sept. 27.

Potts, who had a criminal background that included an incident in which he escaped FBI custody, was stopped for a malfunctioning taillight within days after Franklin's body was found. On Oct. 5, he was arrested and charged with misdemeanor battery for allegedly threatening a gas station attendant in the South Loop.

Things spiraled downhill from there.

When Potts went to the Maywood courthouse Oct. 30 for a court hearing seeking visitation with one of his children, he was arrested for violating an order of protection. How did he violate that order? Police say he sent a fax to the child's mother notifying her of the court date, allegedly violating the no-contact order. Then, as sheriff's deputies attempted to arrest him for the alleged violation, they charged that Potts resisted arrest and "struck a sheriff's deputy with his elbow."

So Potts posted bond. But upon his release, he was again picked up Nov. 8 by the Cook County sheriff on a DuPage County warrant issued Oct. 10, for having violated a different order of protection filed by his estranged wife. In that incident, the alleged violation happened after Potts' sister inadvertently forwarded an e-mail Potts had written to his family and friends to the mother of two of his children.

'Trying to make his life miserable'
While in custody again, Potts could not attend a Nov. 9 court date in the Maywood case. So the judge in the Maywood case issued a no-bond warrant for Potts, despite being notified that Potts could not attend because he was in custody in DuPage County. He was arrested by Maywood Police after posting $50,000 bail in DuPage County.

Potts' attorney, Bill Murphy, has called the police action "harassment," saying he has never seen anything like this in his 39-year career.

"I just think some people have gotten together and they are trying to make his life miserable," Murphy told a reporter.

On Nov. 26, Potts was back in the Maywood courtroom, where he was sentenced to 100 days in Cook County Jail for the two violations of the orders of protection. Handcuffed and in custody, Potts was also charged with felony aggravated battery for allegedly hitting two deputies during the hearing process.

A couple of Potts' friends called me after they saw him in court last Monday.

"When he was in custody, Reginald told the judge that he had been assaulted by police. Reginald made a statement in open court that he had been assaulted, but the judge said she didn't see any bruises," said the *******, who asked for anonymity.

The medical records from Loyola University Medical Center show Potts was treated in the emergency room on that date for a "minor head and wrist injury."

"After Reginald made that statement in open court, they [sheriff deputies] beat the s--- out of him," the ******* said. "It's just ridiculous. It's really sad."

The Cook County sheriff's office denied that any deputies abused Potts.

So now Potts is under police wraps for at least the next 100 days.

Meanwhile, Drew Peterson, a man suspected of killing two of his wives, is at home, chillin'.

It just makes you wonder why police aren't making Drew's life as miserable as they are making Reginald's.

2 4 1
aly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #884 on: December 02, 2007, 02:58:10 PM »

Meanwhile, Drew Peterson, a man suspected of killing two of his wives, is at home, chillin'.

It just makes you wonder why police aren't making Drew's life as miserable as they are making Reginald's.

SuzieQ -  It is becuz he is a police officer so they treat him with kid gloves.  Even tho the Illinois police have been called in and the FBI and other (and not his precinct mainly investigating), the fact he is an officer or a former officer with years on the force gives him special treatment and from what I see, as I said before, he thought that made him above the law as is often the case with people in power!!!!!

It is good to compare it to other cases - that is how detectives often gain clues!

value people not things
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #885 on: December 02, 2007, 06:07:15 PM »

Dec 2, 5:17 PM EST

Police: Truckers Say Peterson Sought Aid

By ASHLEY M. HEHER
Associated Press Writer
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/P/POLICE_OFFICERS_WIFE?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US

CHICAGO (AP) -- Two truckers said a former police officer suspected in his wife's disappearance may have asked them early on the day she was reported missing to carry a package for him, police said Saturday.

The truckers said two men, including a man they now believe was former Bolingbrook police officer Drew Peterson and another man in his 50s with salt-and-pepper hair and stocky build, approached them at about 3:30 a.m. on Oct. 29 at a Bolingbrook truck stop, Illinois State Trooper Mark Dorencz said in a written statement.

The men asked the truckers to "transport a package to an undisclosed location;" after reaching the location, the men would "regain possession of the package and continue transporting it to a location not accessible by semi-trailers," the statement said.

The statement did not provide details, including what might have been in the package. Neither State police nor Peterson's attorney, Joel Brodsky, immediately returned phone calls seeking comment Saturday night.

Peterson's attorney, Joel Brodsky, said in a statement that his client denies that any such encounter took place.

"It is our belief that anyone who logically examines the scenario that is being suggested by the Illinois State Police will reject it out of hand being nonsensical," he said.

A spokeswoman for Stacy Peterson's family, Pamela Bosco, said she spoke to state police on Saturday about their statement. She said police would not give her a description of the package and "left it rather vague because they don't know what this could lead to."

Tim Miller, founder and director of Texas EquuSearch, nonprofit group that has helped authorities in the search, said earlier this week that police had asked searchers to look for a blue plastic barrel.

Peterson, 53, has been named a suspect in the disappearance of his 23-year-old wife. Peterson has denied any wrongdoing in her disappearance and said he believes she ran off with another man.

Authorities are also investigating the death of Drew Peterson's third wife, Kathleen Savio, who was found dead in a bathtub in 2004. A coroner's jury at the time ruled it an accidental drowning. Investigators now say they believe her death was a homicide staged to look like an accident, and are awaiting results of a second autopsy after exhuming her body last month.

Peterson has not been named a suspect in Savio's death.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #886 on: December 02, 2007, 07:30:56 PM »

Volunteers brave cold weather to search for Peterson

The Associated Press
    December 2, 2007
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-peterson_web4dec02,0,1500625.story?coll=chi_news_politics_util
HICAGO - More than 200 people braved freezing temperatures to scour areas in Chicago's southwestern suburbs Saturday looking for signs of two missing mothers.

But the search for 23-year-old Stacy Peterson and Lisa Stebic, 38, was called off after four hours when snow and sleet thwarted the effort.

"We just hoped that one of our families would have closure today and one of our families might have some answers," said Melanie Greenberg, a cousin of Stebic, who vanished from her Plainfield home in April.
The turnout in suburban Romeoville was the biggest so far in the high-profile Peterson case, which police are investigating as a possible homicide.

Peterson's 53-year-old husband, Drew Peterson, has been named a suspect in the case, although he has denied any involvement in his fourth wife's disappearance and said he believes she ran off with another man.

She was last seen at her Bolingbrook home more than a month ago.

Authorities are also investigating the death of Drew Peterson's third wife, Kathleen Savio. Investigators believe her 2004 drowning death was a murder staged to look like an accident and are awaiting results of a second autopsy after exhuming her body last month.

Peterson has not been named a suspect in Savio's death.

Pamela Bosco, a friend of Stacy Peterson's family, said she was pleased by the volunteers who braved bitter temperatures to search for the women.

"You can see that they just want to do everything they can," she said. "It shows how much people care and how much they're involved in the situation."

On Saturday evening, Illinois State Police released more information on the Peterson case.

On Oct. 29 at around 3:30 a.m. two truck drivers in Bolingbrook were at a truck stop when they were approached by two men, one of whom was believed to be Drew Peterson, Trooper Mark Dorencz said in a statement.

The men asked the truck drivers to "transport a package to an undisclosed location;" after reaching the location, the men would "regain possession of the package and continue transporting it to a location not accessible by semi-trailers," the Saturday statement said.

The statement did not provide details, including what might have been in the package.

Meanwhile, a lawyer representing Drew Peterson asked a judge to order investigators to return property seized from the family's home last month.

The items include two cars, 11 guns, iPods, school supplies, computers and nearly two-dozen CDs.

Will County Judge Dan Rozek is to consider the matter Dec. 12.

Attorney Joel Brodsky says Drew Peterson is entitled to his weapons, which were taken from a locked safe Nov. 1.

"He certainly must feel the hate — or dislike — out there for him," Brodsky told The (Joliet) Herald-News. "I can understand why he feels safer if he has his weapons with him in the house, at least."

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
bugger
Scared Monkey

« Reply #887 on: December 02, 2007, 10:42:07 PM »

Very interesting Aly...  I wonder how many more dead people are intertwined in this mans life. Why on earth haven't they arrested him!!? Bollingbrook LE seems to operate a lot like Aruban LE  Rolling Eyes

Here is a report on Jeffrey Archer
http://www.isp.state.il.us/crime/unsolveddetails.cfm?ID=22

"1990 Plymouth Voyager, Illinois Registration TU5880"

I wonder if this vehicle will be one of the cars they will be removing from the canal for the divers?  Was this vehicle ever found?

The true is often stranger then fiction!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #888 on: December 02, 2007, 11:12:33 PM »

Welcome to SM Bugger!

alash
Scared Monkey

« Reply #889 on: December 03, 2007, 01:18:20 AM »

Sorry, I'm new here, but I've been keeping up with this case as much as I can.   What is her sister doing in regards to her book?  Why are bloggers so upset with her?  I'm sorry, just can't seem to find this info.  And, I hear ref. to a new website in which Cassandra is talking to Internet Bloggers.   Can someone point me in this direction also?

Also, anyone here that knows why TES left this case?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #890 on: December 03, 2007, 01:51:12 AM »

Sorry, I'm new here, but I've been keeping up with this case as much as I can.   What is her sister doing in regards to her book?  Why are bloggers so upset with her?  I'm sorry, just can't seem to find this info.  And, I hear ref. to a new website in which Cassandra is talking to Internet Bloggers.   Can someone point me in this direction also?

Welcome Alash!  Can't help you with the book part, this is the first I've heard anything about that.  If Cassandra is talking about a new site with Internet Bloggers it's probably Gretawire Blog.  There are several people posting on Greta's blog from the Bolingbrook area.  Here is the link to Greta's blog:  http://gretawire.foxnews.com/

TES hasn't totally left.  They have people working with the Bolingbrook police and FBI on water searches I believe.  TES people are volunteers and can't stay indefinately.  The good news is while they were there they were able to show and train people what to do if they find anything. 
alash
Scared Monkey

« Reply #891 on: December 03, 2007, 02:13:10 AM »

Thanks Klaas.  I just hadn't heard anything about TES still being there, but I am defintitely glad they are still there.  This case is very close to home to me, and, like all missing cases, it very much concerns me.

I missed about a week in this investigation.  I read on Greta's blog for updates, but somehow missed this talk about her sister writing a book?  Can someone fill me in on that?

I just started here, but have read here for close 2 to years, and all of you have been very helpfull and informative, and for that I truly thank you.  I wish for closure to the families of Natalee Holloway and Stacy Peterson.  Thanks for all you monkeys do.
aly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #892 on: December 03, 2007, 02:29:02 AM »

Hi Alash -

from what I understand it wasn't about her sister (Cassandra) writing a book - it was about Cassandra being upset that Furhman or someone else wanted to do a book deal and talk about $ when her sister was still missing.
She said something about Greta & Fuhrman and it was blown all up.  I don't have what she said.
So some bloggers called her "white trash", etc.

Someone on gretawire fox news wrote the comment below is what she said:
-------------
Last Book Comment: I Wasnt Bashing Greta or Mark F ….. I Would Love For People from all sorts shapes sizes and from wherever to write a book, but I got a disturbing call saying Mark F was coming in setting up camp to write a book…. for $$…. Its just disturbing thats all…. I dont look at him any different…. b/c he and greta are good people… keeping up with everything on my sister…and even doing there own detective work….. Every lil bit helps…. I just dont feel now is the time to worry about a book and money…. atleast wait til its all over….. ok now that were all on the same page….. It is a blessing to have you all here

value people not things
Carlie69
Scared Monkey

« Reply #893 on: December 03, 2007, 11:44:20 PM »

Pulling this over from Stacy's Family board
http://findstacypeterson.com/forum/index.php?topic=577.0

Bevchcgo 12/01/2007  at 10:57:19 AM
I just wanted to let you all know that there was a MASSIVE turnout for today's search!!!  I estimate about 150+ searchers were there in the registration room.  People were there from Lake Zurich, Indiana, etc.  It was so wonderful to see so many turn out even when the weather is forecast to be bad!

I didn't know if we were allowed to talk about other boards.  But this is where I've been getting all my info from.  Cassandra (Stacy's sister) is there and she is pretty informative.  She also has friends and family there.

This is what I was referring to Aly.  I didn't mention it because I didn't know if we were able to post about other board.
Carlie
Carlie69
Scared Monkey

« Reply #894 on: December 03, 2007, 11:51:51 PM »

A few minutes ago on Fox, Jamie Colby (i think it was her) was interviewing Drew's attorney via telephone.  He was angry that people are jumping all over the latest trucker account, among others, yet, when his client recieves a letter in the mail with a siteing of Stacy in Peoria, people don't believe it.  Jamie asked him if the police were following up on the letter Drew received.  His answer?  The police have subpoened the letter from Drew.  Jamie either didn't catch that or ignored it; no follow up questions like why didn't Drew turn this letter over to the police????

ITA
Make you wonder why they had to subpoene the letter.  If he has nothing to hide and didn't do anything to Stacy he would at least be trying to find her to prove he didn't do anything to hurt her.  He is guilty.  Just from his actions and the LE had to subpoene the letter, makes no sense if he didn't do anything but would make perfect sense if he did.
Carlie69
Scared Monkey

« Reply #895 on: December 03, 2007, 11:55:28 PM »

Cassandra is talking to bloggers,
You would need to go to her official website
www.helpfindstacypeterson.com  scroll down and click on FORUMS
Carlie69
Scared Monkey

« Reply #896 on: December 04, 2007, 12:01:49 AM »

Someone on gretawire fox news wrote the comment below is what she said:
-------------
Last Book Comment: I Wasnt Bashing Greta or Mark F ….. I Would Love For People from all sorts shapes sizes and from wherever to write a book, but I got a disturbing call saying Mark F was coming in setting up camp to write a book…. for $$…. Its just disturbing thats all…. I dont look at him any different…. b/c he and greta are good people… keeping up with everything on my sister…and even doing there own detective work….. Every lil bit helps…. I just dont feel now is the time to worry about a book and money…. atleast wait til its all over….. ok now that were all on the same page….. It is a blessing to have you all here

That sounds like Cassie,  she even posts like that. 
She is a very sweet girl and yes she was very upset when someone mentioned writting a book about this.  I don't blame her.  She is so wrapped up in trying to find her sister and this gets thrown at her.

I actually feel sorry for her.  There are so many people online on her site that I wouldn't doubt that there are so many out there that is going to try and write a book on this.  I seen it with the Scott Peterson case.  I don't think Cassie knows what she is getting herself into.  It upsets me because I know that people are going to try and take advantage of her.  I seen it in the Peterson case and I can see it happening here but I don't know how to warn her.  I don't want her to think I'm some crazy lady.  I just don't want to see her family hurt anymore then it already has.
I personally was taken by some con artist when it came to the Peterson case and it was when I was niave about boards.  I didn't know any different.  I don't think Cassie knows either.  I think this is new to her and it upsets me to think that there is going to be people try and take advantage of their situation.
aly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #897 on: December 04, 2007, 02:44:00 AM »

Hi Carlie -

Thanx for all the info.
I guess "Cassie" is SP's sister Cassandra.
I'll have to read her posts.

Yes, I just was saying I think it is okay to mention other blogger's posts - just as long as you reference what you put - just like anything else - so people can see if it is legit, etc.
Mostly people hear are looking to get any info to put together to reach answers of where the person is or what happened to them, so I don't think they are as concerned where you get it!   (Klaas can tell you.)

I feel sorry for Cassandra too - are you kidding me?
She obviously loved her sister, SP, unlike DP who is so cold.

Yes, I agree with Katysmom - that is tooooo weird to not immediately hand over a letter that says someone saw a missing person.
You would be excited to show the police if it was a real letter - it would be a lead to finding her - see what I mean that he doesn't care & is arrogant thinking no one will find her.
To say it has to be subpoenaed makes me think DP wrote the letter - & hopefully he did (since I don't believe the letter is true) and they can add that to the evidence against him.

That's very good & sweet of you Carlie to want to protect Cassandra.  Actually I am guessing she will pick up on people trying to take advantage of the situation.  There are always those people out there who are selfish and heartless.  I think she may have an idea - actually - those girls had a pretty tough life from the sounds of it - and after a brother-in-law like Drew, she should have learned something about people!

value people not things
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #898 on: December 04, 2007, 09:40:27 PM »

Posted tonight on Greta's blog:
December 4th, 2007 8:19 PM Eastern
Email from Bolingbrook, Illinois
by Greta Van Susteren
 I just got this email from OTR Producer Kerry O’Connor on the ground in Bolingbrook, Illinois.

Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2007 8:10 PM
To: Van Susteren, Greta; Cooper, Meade
Subject: …

***** emailed me directly, ** says ** just found out that the canal in the
area is being closed off so that divers can search for the next 24
hours.  We already have about an inch of snow right now, so I don’t know
how much searching they can do in these consitions. It’s getting pretty
bad.

Kerry E. O’Connor

doubtingthomas
Scared Monkey

« Reply #899 on: December 04, 2007, 11:49:49 PM »

Its snowing in BB, about 1-2 inches so far and still coming down, perhaps that's why the hurry for the divers to get started or maybe the sonar found something likely?
There is also a voicemail from Stacy to her father on YouTube for anyone who wants to put a voice to Stacy...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSq_aN6tPYQ.
What do you think about the truck driver's stories about DP asking them to take a package, etc?  Does this sound for real or just a red herring to throw people off the trail? 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.