March 28, 2024, 06:10:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stacy Ann Peterson 23, Bolingbrook IL - Missing 10/28/07 #1  (Read 1029996 times)
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #900 on: December 05, 2007, 12:31:38 AM »

Its snowing in BB, about 1-2 inches so far and still coming down, perhaps that's why the hurry for the divers to get started or maybe the sonar found something likely?
There is also a voicemail from Stacy to her father on YouTube for anyone who wants to put a voice to Stacy...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSq_aN6tPYQ.
What do you think about the truck driver's stories about DP asking them to take a package, etc?  Does this sound for real or just a red herring to throw people off the trail? 
sounds like a red herring to me... I think that Drew Peterson is guilty of murder twice and just like the typical psycho he is feels untouchable now that he has gotten away with it once.  Just looking at how he speaks and conducts himself gives me the creeps.

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #901 on: December 05, 2007, 08:00:42 AM »

Hi doubtingthomas and welcome....I thought when I read what klaas posted from gretawire last night, that the temperatures might be a problem. Depending on how deep that canal is and how quickly it would freeze. I thought the temps where supposed to warm up by the weekend though!
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #902 on: December 05, 2007, 08:14:12 AM »

Chicago Tribune

December 5, 2007 Wednesday
North Shore Edition 

METRO ; ZONE NS; Pg. 6 

626 words

Police serve 3rd search warrant on Peterson

By Matthew Walberg and Erika Slife, Tribune staff reporters 

State police served a third search warrant on Drew Peterson Tuesday night, focusing on items in the former Bolingbrook police sergeant's vehicles.

"There was a search warrant served tonight [that] expands the scope of the initial search warrant, specifically in regard to the vehicles," said Charles Pelkie, spokesman for Will County State's Atty. James Glasgow. "We're looking at additional materials inside the vehicles -- items and materials that were not specified in the first search warrant."

Pelkie would not say what those materials were.

Peterson, 53, has been named a suspect in the disappearance of his wife, Stacy Peterson, 23, who has been missing since Oct.28. Authorities also are reinvestigating the 2004 death of his third wife, Kathleen Savio.

The vehicles were taken after a search warrant was executed Nov. 1. Drew Peterson's attorney, Joel Brodsky, said the latest search warrant may jeopardize the state's case if his client should be charged in connection with Stacy Peterson's disappearance.

"They're serving a new search warrant ... to correct errors in the original search warrant," Brodsky said. "The original warrants only authorized a search of the vehicles, not a seizure. That means that potentially any evidence -- and I'm not saying there is any -- that they've acquired from the vehicles prior to today could be tossed out of court for illegal seizure."

Drew Peterson has not been charged with any crime.

The case has drawn intense media attention, with reporters and TV crews camped outside the Petersons' home from dawn to late night. Tensions boiled over Saturday at a vigil organized by Stacy Peterson's friends and family in the small cul-de-sac.

About 6:45 p.m., Bolingbrook police responded to a call of an unconscious man at the vigil. When they arrived, they found a neighbor lying on the pavement. The man, who smelled of alcohol, was revived within minutes and told police he was "upset by the fact that his street had been taken over by media personnel, a large tent and subjects assisting with the missing persons case," according to a police report obtained Tuesday.

The man told the officers that the son of a neighbor of the Petersons head-butted him in the face, knocking him to the ground during an argument about a car that may have backed onto the man's lawn, the report stated. Neither man is being named because no charges were filed.

The neighbor's son and a number of other witnesses told officers the man had been using vulgar language and when the son tried to calm him down, the man repeatedly butted the son with his chest and stomach until the man lost his balance.

Witnesses, including a Bolingbrook public works snowplow driver, told police the man offered to give the snowplow driver money to run over a tent set up in the street for the prayer vigil, the report states.

Drew Peterson, meanwhile, has been passing out leaflets to neighbors with the home phone number of Mayor Roger Claar, suggesting that if they are fed up with the media presence to call him and complain.

"I'm not aware of what you're talking about," Claar said when asked about the leaflets. "I've seen no fliers, and I've not gotten any calls. I got a few calls a couple of days ago, but I don't think it was related to any flier."

Claar said he understands why neighbors might be weary of the media attention, and said if residents are upset, "my number is in the phone book, and it's not too much to ask for a peaceful neighborhood."

On Tuesday night, friends and family of Stacy Peterson -- along with representatives of a domestic-violence awareness group, Take Back the Night -- met with Village Clerk Carol Penning to discuss a possible benefit concert to raise funds for volunteer searches.
http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:711196491&start=1

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #903 on: December 05, 2007, 08:28:13 AM »

Chicago Tribune

December 5, 2007 Wednesday
North Shore Edition 

METRO ; ZONE NS; Pg. 6 

626 words

Police serve 3rd search warrant on Peterson

By Matthew Walberg and Erika Slife, Tribune staff reporters 

State police served a third search warrant on Drew Peterson Tuesday night, focusing on items in the former Bolingbrook police sergeant's vehicles.

"There was a search warrant served tonight [that] expands the scope of the initial search warrant, specifically in regard to the vehicles," said Charles Pelkie, spokesman for Will County State's Atty. James Glasgow. "We're looking at additional materials inside the vehicles -- items and materials that were not specified in the first search warrant."

Pelkie would not say what those materials were.

Peterson, 53, has been named a suspect in the disappearance of his wife, Stacy Peterson, 23, who has been missing since Oct.28. Authorities also are reinvestigating the 2004 death of his third wife, Kathleen Savio.

The vehicles were taken after a search warrant was executed Nov. 1. Drew Peterson's attorney, Joel Brodsky, said the latest search warrant may jeopardize the state's case if his client should be charged in connection with Stacy Peterson's disappearance.

"They're serving a new search warrant ... to correct errors in the original search warrant," Brodsky said. "The original warrants only authorized a search of the vehicles, not a seizure. That means that potentially any evidence -- and I'm not saying there is any -- that they've acquired from the vehicles prior to today could be tossed out of court for illegal seizure."

Drew Peterson has not been charged with any crime.

The case has drawn intense media attention, with reporters and TV crews camped outside the Petersons' home from dawn to late night. Tensions boiled over Saturday at a vigil organized by Stacy Peterson's friends and family in the small cul-de-sac.

About 6:45 p.m., Bolingbrook police responded to a call of an unconscious man at the vigil. When they arrived, they found a neighbor lying on the pavement. The man, who smelled of alcohol, was revived within minutes and told police he was "upset by the fact that his street had been taken over by media personnel, a large tent and subjects assisting with the missing persons case," according to a police report obtained Tuesday.

The man told the officers that the son of a neighbor of the Petersons head-butted him in the face, knocking him to the ground during an argument about a car that may have backed onto the man's lawn, the report stated. Neither man is being named because no charges were filed.

The neighbor's son and a number of other witnesses told officers the man had been using vulgar language and when the son tried to calm him down, the man repeatedly butted the son with his chest and stomach until the man lost his balance.

Witnesses, including a Bolingbrook public works snowplow driver, told police the man offered to give the snowplow driver money to run over a tent set up in the street for the prayer vigil, the report states.

Drew Peterson, meanwhile, has been passing out leaflets to neighbors with the home phone number of Mayor Roger Claar, suggesting that if they are fed up with the media presence to call him and complain.

"I'm not aware of what you're talking about," Claar said when asked about the leaflets. "I've seen no fliers, and I've not gotten any calls. I got a few calls a couple of days ago, but I don't think it was related to any flier."

Claar said he understands why neighbors might be weary of the media attention, and said if residents are upset, "my number is in the phone book, and it's not too much to ask for a peaceful neighborhood."

On Tuesday night, friends and family of Stacy Peterson -- along with representatives of a domestic-violence awareness group, Take Back the Night -- met with Village Clerk Carol Penning to discuss a possible benefit concert to raise funds for volunteer searches.
http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:711196491&start=1

I don't like the way I'm reading the bolded part.....are they alerting his lawyers so that they can appeal in the future if need be? How are they going to prove what evidence they discovered when?
A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #904 on: December 05, 2007, 12:46:23 PM »

I don't like the bolded part either!  Don't these people know how to write and execute a proper search warrant?  So if the original warrant was only for search and not seizure, then what happens to any evidence found?  The detectives just leave it there and hope it stays put?  Sounds fishy to me.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #905 on: December 05, 2007, 01:10:13 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,315266,00.html

Divers Search Canal for Signs of Missing Stacy Peterson
Wednesday, December 05, 2007

DEVELOPING STORY: Law enforcement search teams searched the frozen waters of the Illinois Michigan canal with boats and divers on Wednesday for signs of missing mom Stacy Peterson.

Crews are using three boats in the Lockport, Ill., canal to search Peterson, according to a report by ABC 7 Chicago. Stacy was reported missing on Oct. 29 after failing to show up at a friend's house. Drew Peterson, a former police sergeant, is a suspect in his wife's disappearance.

Illinois State Police did not immediately return phone calls seeking comment about the search.

Click here to watch video from ABC 7 Chicago.
http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=5815413

LOCKPORT, Ill. -- Crews are using heavy machinery in their search for Stacy Peterson, which is focusing on the Illinois-Michigan Canal near the Lockport Lock.

Despite the winter weather, crews have three boats out in the canal and divers are in the water. They are trying to attach lines from a tow truck to something under the water.
Stacy Peterson, 23, disappeared at the end of October. Her husband, Drew, a former Bolingbrook police sergeant, is considered a suspect in the case, which has been labeled a possible homicide

Katysmom
Monkey Junky

Everyone needs a helping hand once in a while

« Reply #906 on: December 05, 2007, 01:43:27 PM »

I keep hearing reports that Cassandra (Stacy's sister) is not getting information from the investigators and gets most of her info from the various media outlets.  Does anyone know if the city of Bolingbrook or the county has a victim/witness office?

If love could of saved you, you would of lived forever
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #907 on: December 05, 2007, 02:28:43 PM »

http://www.bolingbrook.com/index.php?page_id=5

There may be something here, but I can't find it.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #908 on: December 05, 2007, 03:20:21 PM »

Constitutional Rights for Crime Victims

http://www.ncvc.org/ncvc/main.aspx?dbName=DocumentViewer&DocumentID=32463

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I may not be sure what exactly you are looking for...not sure.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #909 on: December 05, 2007, 03:22:22 PM »

Rights of Crime Victims
http://www.ncvc.org/ncvc/main.aspx?dbName=DocumentViewer&DocumentID=32512

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #910 on: December 05, 2007, 03:29:03 PM »

(725 ILCS 120/) Rights of Crime Victims and Witnesses Act.
Illinois
http://tinyurl.com/2r3kwy

bugger
Scared Monkey

« Reply #911 on: December 05, 2007, 03:56:24 PM »

Hello, and ty for the welcome.

I was watching the live feed of the canal search, but they pulled the plug.  Why don't they want the public to know whats going on?  The truth will come out eventually.

I am trying to keep what I have read straight on the blue barrel.  One person saw two blue barrels in the Petersons backyard.  Then later noticed one was missing, but it was in the garage.  Also, a person saw two men carrying a steel blue tote from the house to the car.  We should be looking for the steel blue tote, right?

Also, what about the numerous missing persons, suicides, and murders that DP has some association with (other then being a cop)?  Is anybody reading the other bloggs?  This is "in my backyard" and I would like to see closure for the families.

NM
Monkey Junky

« Reply #912 on: December 05, 2007, 06:57:08 PM »

Hey Monkeys,
Haven't been here much lately, hopefully that will change soon.
Followed link to gretawire and just found this.  I'm sure you all are aware of this, but it blew my mind to think about it. It wouldn't surprise me if true.

http://gretawire.foxnews.com/2007/12/05/emails-from-bolingbrook-whats-going-on-there/#comments
Comment by Jill in StL
December 5th, 2007 at 4:45 pm
Comment by eeyore4prez
December 5th, 2007 at 4:26 pm
Howard down the street from Drew :
Consider this…
Stacy: missing
katherine: dead
Stacy’s mom: missing
Tom Morphy (helped Drew with blue barrel) his wife has been missing for years
2nd wife (?) Victorias boyfriend: found dead in same canal they are searching now

I couldn’t have better odds with the lottery that these are related!!!

You are also leaving off the ex-girlfriend, Monica’s brother - the brother didn’t like Drew dating his sister, as he was married at the time - the brother was found allegedly hung himself/committed suicide in the garage - officer responding to the scene?? Guess - Drew Peterson.

Glenda wrote: "aruba's job was not to babysit Beth's daughter. Beth sent her daughter to swim with the sharks, she is responsible for what ever happened to Natalee." = there is no homicide in aruba, only SUICIDE.  Don't go to aruba if you value your life.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #913 on: December 05, 2007, 07:48:18 PM »

I heard today that they served drew with another warrant.... they know something is there, seems like they are digging to find it.

I don't have a link, I heard in on CNN in passing today at lunch

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #914 on: December 06, 2007, 09:39:22 AM »

Chicago Tribune

December 6, 2007 Thursday
Chicago Edition 

Cell's tracking ability ought to trigger a 'ping'

Cell phones have played a bit part in the ever-unfolding story of the disappearance of Bolingbrook resident Stacy Peterson.

First, Stacy's husband, Drew Peterson, who is a suspect in her disappearance, said she called him about 9 p.m. Oct. 28, the day she vanished, to say she was leaving him.

Call records reportedly show her phone calling his at that time. But then a male relative of Drew Peterson's reportedly said that he was with Peterson at a Starbucks that evening and that Peterson left him briefly with a cell phone and instructions not to answer it if it rang. When it rang, the caller ID read, "Stacy."

Officials say Stacy Peterson's cell phone has not been used since that night, an ominous sign that she's no longer alive.

In online discussions, readers had questions about this aspect of the case. I couldn't answer them, so I went to wireless-industry officials, electronic-privacy advocates and representatives of law enforcement (who, understandably, would not discuss any details related to the Peterson case). Here's what I found:

Q. Can investigators go back in time and pinpoint where cell-phone calls are made and received?

A. Not with precision. Cell-provider records reflect which transmission towers nearest each phone were used for the call. Depending on the area, this can narrow the locations down to a few city blocks, but not a particular street corner.

Q. Does carrying a live cell phone give away your location?

A. Yes, though in most cases only roughly: Your cell phone sends out a signal -- some call it a "ping;" think of it as a "here I am if you need me!" flare -- to the nearest transmission tower. Using more sophisticated methods that measure the phone's distance from an assortment of nearby towers or from global positioning satellites, companies can locate subscribers' phones with far greater precision.

Q. Why would they want to do this?

A. The technology was developed for emergency purposes -- to help police find people who call 911 but don't know their location and find people who are missing.

But it also has a law-enforcement application. Investigators with the proper court authorization can track the movements of a cell phone belonging to a suspect, a fugitive or other person of interest. And given how compulsive most of us are about having our phones with us at all times, this method of surveillance is almost as effective as clamping a homing beacon to someone's leg.

Q. Do police need a warrant before they can track people in this way?

A. Not necessarily. Some judges have insisted on a showing of probable cause, others have used a far looser standard of suspicion because, hey, no one's forcing you to carry your tracking device -- er, cell phone.

Those who are concerned about creeping electronic encroachments on our privacy are understandably alarmed about this and have called for congressional oversight and updated legislation to restrict the practice.

Q. Can cell-phone providers go back into a person's "ping history" and find out where his cell phone was throughout a specific day, oh, say, about six weeks in the past?

A. No, according to Joe Farren, spokesman for CTIA-The Wireless Association, a cell-phone industry group in Washington. "These pings occur all the time, and there are 250 million wireless subscribers in America. There's no reason to log such an incredible amount of data, so each ping overwrites the last one."

But CNET News' chief political correspondent Declan McCullagh, who has covered this issue extensively, is skeptical: "We know that telecommunications providers keep logs of who you call and who calls you," he said in an e-mail. "Why would they treat cell-phone tower logs any differently?"

And as McCullagh and electronic-privacy advocates point out, data storage is dirt cheap these days and getting cheaper: If providers aren't now able to re-create a cell phone's path through the world, they probably will be able to do so in the near future.

Too late for some, perhaps. But way too soon for most of us.

Discuss cell-phone tracking and electronic privacy online at chicgaotribune.com/zorn 

http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:711825727&start=1

Jennifer34
Scared Monkey

« Reply #915 on: December 06, 2007, 11:09:02 AM »

Interesting article nut.

Why would any one really care about their cell phone being somewhat of a tracking device unless the person was up to no good? 
kissyface
Scared Monkey

« Reply #916 on: December 06, 2007, 05:07:46 PM »

http://www.courttv.com/news/2007/1206/drew_peterson_ap.html

Report: Warrants seek GPS info, 'biological material' from Peterson's SUV

BOLINGBROOK, Ill. (AP) — Search warrants executed as authorities investigate the disappearance of an ex-police officer's 23-year-old wife focus on both physical evidence and a global positioning system in his sports utility vehicle, according to a published report Thursday.

A warrant served on Drew Peterson late Tuesday, and obtained by the Chicago Tribune, called for the seizure of items containing plastic shavings, blood, bodily fluids, fingernail scrapings, palm or fingerprints, chemicals that may alter body decomposition and other ''biological material that may be evidence of the offense of first-degree murder.''

A warrant executed Nov. 1 and also obtained by the newspaper indicates authorities also sought ''all GPS records, cellular service records, logging records or any other electronic records in the possession of OnStar Inc.'' relating to a 2005 GMC Yukon Denali driven by Peterson.

The warrant did not state what investigators sought to learn from OnStar.

''We do not track our subscribers' vehicles,'' OnStar spokesman Jim Kobus said.

Tuesday's warrant omitted specific language about OnStar; in its place was a generic description that included ''in-dash GPS navigation systems,'' according to the Tribune.

Joel Brodsky, Peterson's attorney, on Thursday told The Associated Press that the newspaper's description of the warrants ''is accurate,'' but did not comment on further questions about the details.

Stacy Peterson was last seen Oct. 28 and reported missing by her family the next day. Drew Peterson, a longtime member of the Bolingbrook Police Department until he quit after his wife went missing, has denied any involvement in her disappearance. He has said he believes his wife left him for another man and is alive.

The most recent warrant also sought objects containing or having traces of blue plastic, lead weights, plastic shavings and scuff marks, circular impressions or carpet indentations and any other indication of a plastic or barrel-like object.

A nonprofit group helping to search for Stacy Peterson has said police asked them to look for a blue plastic barrel large enough to hide a body.

The warrant also lists dirt, gravel, soil and other material that might be tested to determine a vehicle's presence at a certain location; also guns, ammunition, knives and ropes that may have been used as a weapon or restraint, the Tribune reported.

On Wednesday, Brodsky confirmed to The Associated Press that the latest warrant seeks items that ''may have been utilized in commission of the offense of first-degree murder or the concealment of a homicidal death.''

Authorities also are investigating the death of Peterson's ex-wife, Kathleen Savio, whose body was found in her bathtub in 2004. Her death initially was ruled an accidental drowning. But when Peterson disappeared, the Will County State's Attorney's office opened another investigation into the case and has said it appears her death was a homicide staged to look like an accident.

***Love is stronger than death.***

>>> bring Bri justice<<<
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #917 on: December 06, 2007, 05:48:54 PM »

Looks like Drew tried to pull another fast one.

Posted: Thursday, 06 December 2007 12:23PM

Drew Peterson Tells Newsradio: My Retirement Sucks

CHICAGO (WBBM)  -- Drew Peterson will have to make do with a little less per month than he may have been originally counting on from his police pension.

But Peterson tells Newsradio 780 this morning, "It is what it is."

Drew Peterson tells Newsradio 780 - "My retirement sucks."

Why?

"Why do you think?" Peterson asks.  "The media in front of my house, it's not enabling my children to be children," he says.

Peterson is now getting the word that his police pension is less than what he may have originally believed.  And he may get about 200 dollars less per month.  About 58-hundred dollars compared to 6-thousand.

Instead of 30 years service, Peterson only has just over 29 years.

Richard Reimer is the attorney for the Bolingbrook Police Pension Fund.

"There may have been a misrepresentation on that.  As far as who made the misrepresentation, I'm not going to comment on at this point in time.  All I will tell you is, the reason that the pension is now going to be reduced is because Sergeant Peterson did not have the full 30 years of credible service we were led to believe he had."

Reimer is careful not to point a finger at Peterson.

Peterson tells Newsradio 780, "Two and a half percent (less) is not going to break me." 

2 4 1
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #918 on: December 06, 2007, 06:59:50 PM »

Looks like Drew tried to pull another fast one.

Posted: Thursday, 06 December 2007 12:23PM

Drew Peterson Tells Newsradio: My Retirement Sucks

CHICAGO (WBBM)  -- Drew Peterson will have to make do with a little less per month than he may have been originally counting on from his police pension.

But Peterson tells Newsradio 780 this morning, "It is what it is."

Drew Peterson tells Newsradio 780 - "My retirement sucks."

Why?

"Why do you think?" Peterson asks.  "The media in front of my house, it's not enabling my children to be children," he says.

Peterson is now getting the word that his police pension is less than what he may have originally believed.  And he may get about 200 dollars less per month.  About 58-hundred dollars compared to 6-thousand.

Instead of 30 years service, Peterson only has just over 29 years.

Richard Reimer is the attorney for the Bolingbrook Police Pension Fund.

"There may have been a misrepresentation on that.  As far as who made the misrepresentation, I'm not going to comment on at this point in time.  All I will tell you is, the reason that the pension is now going to be reduced is because Sergeant Peterson did not have the full 30 years of credible service we were led to believe he had."

Reimer is careful not to point a finger at Peterson.

Peterson tells Newsradio 780, "Two and a half percent (less) is not going to break me."  

He need not worry. He will be behind bars for the rest of his life and won't have to maintain the lifestyle he has grown accustomed to.

aly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #919 on: December 07, 2007, 12:38:52 AM »

I like that, Nut44x4 - I hope you are right!
---------------------------------
Well, some things Drew said just don't jive and they are finally piecing them together - but it sure is taking them a L-O-N-G time!!!!!!
See the bold below:

-------------------------------
from FOXNEWS

Timeline of Stacy Peterson's Disappearance
Thursday, December 06, 2007

This is a rush transcript from "On the Record ," December 5, 2007. This copy may not be in its final form and may be updated.

GRETA VAN SUSTEREN, HOST: We know Stacy Peterson was alive on October 28 at about 10:00 AM. That's the time her friend spoke to her by phone. And since then? Well, police classify Stacy's disappearance as a potential homicide, with Stacy's husband, Sergeant Drew Peterson the suspect.

And former LAPD homicide detective Mark Fuhrman has pieced together a timeline that we know happened the day Stacy Peterson disappeared. Joining us in Spokane, Washington, is Mark Fuhrman. Mark, we can't get a timeline out of Craig — I mean, out of Drew or out of Joel, his lawyer. So what have you been able to piece together as a timeline?

MARK FUHRMAN, FMR LAPD HOMICIDE DETECTIVE, FOX ANALYST: Well, Greta, you know what's interesting about Joel Brodsky and Drew Peterson is they can't address the timeline because Drew has created an entire mess for himself. There's no place that the investigators can't go to find a hole.

Start with the beginning. And there's certain segments that I find the most important. About 10:00, 10:15, the call that comes in that Stacy is last talked to, the call that Sharon, the neighbor, puts in to talk to Stacy, she is not available. So between that time is either a time when she's incapacitated, she's not able to get to the phone because she's under the control of Drew Peterson, or she is by then deceased.

The next two most important calls are the call at 8:00 o'clock that Drew Peterson says that he puts in to Stacy's cell phone, which — I believe that Thomas Morphey is with him at that time, and he probably witnessed that because that would fit in with Drew believing she's alive and just missing or not at home. And then, of course, the 9:00 o'clock call that evening that Thomas Morphey sees come up on the cell phone that he's told not to answer.

The next huge time is 11:00 o'clock that night, when Cassandra comes to the home. No Drew Peterson. No Pontiac. No Denali.

Now, what exactly was Drew Peterson's reason for not going to work? Well, we can conclude that Stacy is not at home. Whereabouts unknown. Possibly she ran off with another man. We don't know at that time. Drew Peterson didn't know at that time. So he says, I've got to take care of my kids. So he's gone between 7:00 to 10:00, probably 10:00 to 11:00, 11:00 to where I don't know. And then at 2:30 in the morning, Cassandra calls Drew Peterson once again. He is not accounting for his time, where he is, and he's breathing heavy. His timeline is all over the place, and it's a dream for the investigators.

VAN SUSTEREN: All right. Now, let me back up for a second. At 10:00 or 10:15 in the morning on that Sunday, October 28, is when the — she received the phone call, when Stacy received the phone call from the friend, or at least talked to the friend. About noon, that's the phone call — that's when Sharon Bychowski, the neighbor, called over to the Peterson home. Tell us what happened in that phone call.

FUHRMAN: Well, in this phone call, Sharon calls, and one of the children, Chris, answers the phone. He's 13 years old. He answers the phone. Sharon says, Can I talk to your mom? Long pause. And Sharon has described this to me as a very uneasy pause. She follows up because he doesn't say anything, You don't know if your mom's there? And at that time, Drew takes the phone and tells Sharon Stacy went to her grandfather's to run some errands.

Well, we know that's not true. That's lie one. Drew Peterson has committed himself to a lie that needed to be told because he didn't expect Sharon to call. He didn't expect somebody to call for Stacy. And then he committed to something that he can never erase now. Now, that's the first time.

VAN SUSTEREN: At about 1:00 o'clock or 1:15, did Drew ask Sharon to baby-sit on that Sunday?

FUHRMAN: No. I believe Sharon, when she was in that conversation with Drew Peterson at noon, she said, Well, if you need me to watch the younger kids or you want me to feed them, bring them over. Now, when he brings the two younger children over at 1:00 o'clock, we have to understand that Sharon's not paying attention to what cars are parked there.

Content and Programming Copyright 2007 FOX News Network, LLC. ALL

value people not things
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.