March 28, 2024, 05:57:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stacy Ann Peterson 23, Bolingbrook IL - Missing 10/28/07 #1  (Read 1030083 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #940 on: December 14, 2007, 09:23:24 AM »

Chicago Tribune

December 14, 2007 Friday

Peterson son goes before grand jury;
Panel investigating wife's disappearance

One of Drew Peterson's adult sons appeared Thursday before a Will County special grand jury investigating the disappearance of Peterson's fourth wife and the mysterious drowning of his third wife, but declined afterward to discuss the case.

Stephen Peterson, 28, an Oak Brook police officer, arrived in uniform Thursday morning at the Will County Court Building Annex, where the grand jury meets. About three hours later, he left the building and drove off in his marked squad car.

The special grand jury convened in November to investigate the Oct. 28 disappearance of Drew Peterson's wife, Stacy, 23, and the 2004 drowning of Peterson's ex-wife Kathleen Savio, whose body was found in her bathtub in Bolingbrook. Despite having a gash on her head, Savio was said by an autopsy to have drowned, and a coroner's jury ruled that the death was accidental.

In the course of investigating Stacy Peterson's disappearance, authorities said new information about Savio's death was discovered, and the case was reopened. Her remains were exhumed Nov. 13, and a second autopsy was conducted.

Will County Coroner Patrick O'Neil said this week that it would be at least another month before toxicology tests were completed. He has said his office will not make the results public, but will turn them over to the Will County state's attorney.

Drew Peterson, 53, a former Bolingbrook police sergeant, has not been charged with any crime and has denied any involvement in his wife's disappearance or ex-wife's death.

Authorities at the Will County Children's Advocacy Center have interviewed Savio and Peterson's teenage sons.

The extent of the children's knowledge about what might have happened to Stacy Peterson became a public issue this week because of a national tabloid article. Richard Mims, Drew Peterson's former friend, sold his story to the National Enquirer.

On Wednesday night, Mims quit the board of a newly established Stacy Peterson charity, he said.

Sharon Bychowski, Peterson's next-door neighbor and Stacy's good friend, said she and fellow board members were furious about the National Enquirer article, which focused on Peterson's son Kris. The story quoted Mims saying Kris told Bychowski that on the day Stacy disappeared, he heard his parents fighting in their bedroom before "suddenly things got quiet."

Bychowski disputed the account. She said she never talked to Kris about his parents fighting and was offended by the article, which she said "left Kris out to dry."

"I think a lot of that interview was [Mims'] own bizarre interpretation," she said.

Mims said his contract with the National Enquirer prohibited him from commenting about the article. "I can't say anything. If I say anything, the Enquirer is going to sue me. I cannot confirm or deny anything that was in it."

Meanwhile Thursday, authorities continued their search for Stacy Peterson in a canal near Romeoville, according to state police Master Sgt. Luis Gutierrez. Stacy's relatives said they were encouraged after a briefing Wednesday from the state police.
http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:716092743&start=1

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
kissyface
Scared Monkey

« Reply #941 on: December 14, 2007, 03:58:57 PM »

YEAH RIGHT!  READ THIS CRAP!

http://www.courttv.com/news/2007/1213/drew_peterson_ap.html

Drew Peterson: Wife fired gun in home before she went missing, not him

Drew Peterson, a former Ill. police officer, is a suspect in the disappearance of his much-younger wife, Stacy.

BOLINGBROOK, Ill. (AP) — Former police officer Drew Peterson acknowledged that a gun did go off in his home a few months before his wife disappeared but says it was his wife who pulled the trigger.

Peterson's sister-in-law claimed he fired a gun, with the bullet almost striking his wife. But Peterson told the Chicago Tribune for a story Thursday that his wife accidentally fired the gun he'd bought her as a gift.

"She had a fascination with guns," he said of his missing wife, Stacy Peterson. "I bought her a Glock for Valentine's (Day) — because nothing says I love you like a Glock. That was our joke."

Stacy Peterson, 23, vanished in late October and her husband, a 53-year-old former police sergeant in the Bolingbrook Police Department has been named a suspect in her disappearance. Investigators say they believe the case may be a homicide.

Drew Peterson suggested Stacy Peterson fabricated the story reported to her sister because "she was embarrassed about it."

But Stacy Peterson's family spokeswoman, Pamela Bosco, called Peterson's explanation "idiotic" and said the sister, Cassandra Cales stands by her account of what happened.

***Love is stronger than death.***

>>> bring Bri justice<<<
Carlie69
Scared Monkey

« Reply #942 on: December 16, 2007, 07:44:46 PM »

I don't know if any of you have heard but the latest news now is that ISP is having the canal drained and I heard this on Friday.  Also that Drew Peterson transfered $250,000 to his sons account.  word is that Drew did this so that the kids could be cared for but others are saying this is a way for Drew to protect his assets because Kathleen Savio's family is considering a wrongful death suit.

Levi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #943 on: December 16, 2007, 08:43:22 PM »

Carlie69, I am not sure I am buying his explanation about worrying he would be sued. Your wife died and you are worried about being sued? Only if you are guilty, if you are innocent you aren't. So that implicates him even more. He was conscience of his guilt. I think he either hired his son or his son helped dispose of the body.

Here is the link with details: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,316943,00.html
Bank Records: Drew Peterson Funneled $250G to Son After Wife's Disappearance

I seen on Greta today (replay) where a neighbor said that Drew's son cheated on his girlfriend. Seems like the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Both of them think they are as slick as an eel.
Levi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #944 on: December 16, 2007, 08:45:45 PM »

Drew Peterson, a former Ill. police officer, is a suspect in the disappearance of his much-younger wife, Stacy.

BOLINGBROOK, Ill. (AP) — Former police officer Drew Peterson acknowledged that a gun did go off in his home a few months before his wife disappeared but says it was his wife who pulled the trigger.

Peterson's sister-in-law claimed he fired a gun, with the bullet almost striking his wife. But Peterson told the Chicago Tribune for a story Thursday that his wife accidentally fired the gun he'd bought her as a gift.

"She had a fascination with guns," he said of his missing wife, Stacy Peterson. "I bought her a Glock for Valentine's (Day) — because nothing says I love you like a Glock. That was our joke."

Stacy Peterson, 23, vanished in late October and her husband, a 53-year-old former police sergeant in the Bolingbrook Police Department has been named a suspect in her disappearance. Investigators say they believe the case may be a homicide.

Drew Peterson suggested Stacy Peterson fabricated the story reported to her sister because "she was embarrassed about it."

But Stacy Peterson's family spokeswoman, Pamela Bosco, called Peterson's explanation "idiotic" and said the sister, Cassandra Cales stands by her account of what happened.
A neighbor of Drew and Stacy was on Greta's show and she said that Stacy showed her the damage while she was at their house putting boxes in their garage. Stacy told her that DREW was the one that fired the shot. And Stacy was angry.
Levi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #945 on: December 16, 2007, 08:48:34 PM »

Mark Fuhrman reported on Fox News that he was told Stacy seen Drew after his 3rd wifes death and he was in his briefs, stripping and putting his clothes, which were all black, in the washer and told her the police will be here soon and he was going to tell her what to say and this would be the "perfect crime."
kissyface
Scared Monkey

« Reply #946 on: December 17, 2007, 01:39:47 PM »

A neighbor of Drew and Stacy was on Greta's show and she said that Stacy showed her the damage while she was at their house putting boxes in their garage. Stacy told her that DREW was the one that fired the shot. And Stacy was angry.
I saw this too and I am just completely appalled that this POS keeps trying to make Stacy look like the bad person here.  She is the victim and he keeps trying to make her image into something other than what it really was.  It makes me sick that this man gets to keep on living in the lap of luxury when we already know what he is capable of and responsible for.  I pray for some kind of resolution soon as his children deserve a stable and safe environment to grow up in.  This man refuses to accept responsibility for any wrong doings, or at least that's how I see it.  He wants to blame everyone else for his own misdeeds.  What a joke!  I can't wait for the hammer to drop on him. 

***Love is stronger than death.***

>>> bring Bri justice<<<
aly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #947 on: December 17, 2007, 08:51:21 PM »

kissyface -

Yeah, you said it exactly.  DP will never accept responsibility and as soon as someone points the finger at him, he points it right back.  Didn't you see him pointing the cameras in the journalists faces, which might have been funny except it was DP doing it.

He will BLAME everything that happened on everyone else and especially his wives which he USES and ABUSES!  He's a woman user.
Never showed respect for women.  KS brother said DP would tie her up with his sons and roll her down the stairs for a game and her brother complained and KS said its OK?  She was used to it! and DP was teaching his sons nonrespect of women or of anyone for that matter.

He really should just wear a Tshirt that says "I didn't do anything", because he would never accept responsibility for ANYTHING!!!!
These people who LIE and CON people, really think they are trick and tricking everyone with their LIES, but pretty soon people catch on to that everything they say is a LIE.  Its not too hard.

value people not things
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #948 on: December 17, 2007, 10:14:48 PM »

From Greta:

Report:  Drew's cell was near canal the night Stacy vanished.  Canal search based on cell phone records.

Apparently Stacy's sister called Drew's phone that night and she was outside in front of the home.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #949 on: December 18, 2007, 08:24:05 AM »

Chicago Tribune

December 18, 2007 Tuesday
Judge rejects return of vehicles;
But he will review ruling on Peterson's items in January

By Matthew Walberg, Tribune staff reporter

A judge Monday denied Drew Peterson's request that police return his vehicles, guns and other items seized as part of an investigation into his wife's disappearance, but said he would periodically review his ruling.

Will County Circuit Court Presiding Judge Daniel Rozak set a review hearing date for Jan. 25.

Outside the courthouse, Drew Peterson's attorney, Joel Brodsky, was circumspect about the decision.

"We're a bit disappointed; I would have liked to see the property returned today," he said. "The fact that [Rozak] is going to keep an eye on the process ... I think indicates, to at least some extent, that he believes that while they should be given time to do what they need to do, that the time is not limitless."

Drew Peterson, 53, was not at the hearing. The former Bolingbrook police sergeant has not been charged with a crime and has maintained that his missing wife, Stacy Peterson, 23, told him she left him for another man.

Illinois State Police investigators have named Drew Peterson a suspect in Stacy Peterson's Oct. 28 disappearance. In addition, authorities reopened an investigation into the death of his third wife, Kathleen Savio, who was found dead in the bathtub of her Bolingbrook home just weeks before the financial terms of the couple's divorce were to be finalized.

Days after Stacy Peterson vanished, police executed a search warrant at the couple's home, seizing Drew Peterson's 2005 GMC Yukon Denali, his wife's 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix coupe, 11 guns, computers, iPods, music CDs and other items. Brodsky filed a motion seeking the return of the property, saying police did not have proper authority to seize the vehicles and other items and were keeping them to irritate Drew Peterson. In November, a special grand jury was convened to investigate both cases.

At the hearing, Brodsky asked the judge to appoint a special prosecutor to investigate what he says are leaks of secret grand jury testimony that are prejudicial toward his client.

"It's obvious to anyone who watches the television-news-based entertainment media, especially certain television cable channels, that there is a serious and continuing leak," stated a letter written by Brodsky. "While it is probably too late in Sgt. Peterson's case, we ask that rapid action be taken so [as] to assure public confidence in the grand jury process in the future, and to keep its investigations from becoming fodder for the mass entertainment business."

At a news conference after the hearing, Brodsky -- who, along with his client, has made numerous appearances on national TV news programs -- said the leaks have been so damaging and the media coverage so great that should Drew Peterson be charged with a crime, he could not get a fair trial anywhere in the United States.

"It's prejudicial to my client," he said. "Things that are told to the grand jury that are hearsay or double hearsay or mere rumor or speculation that are disclosed in the course of a wide-ranging investigation are reported by some members of the press ... as fact, when they're not."

Charles Pelkie, spokesman for the Will County state's attorney's office, said Brodsky's allegations regarding leaks are unwarranted.

"We have not commented on anything with regard to grand jury proceedings in any case whatsoever," Pelkie said. "Grand juries conduct their business in secret. Mr. Brodsky has not appeared before any grand jury. He's speculating as to what may or may not be a leak from the grand jury. It's ... an attempt on his part to discredit the grand jury process."
http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:717738570&start=1

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #950 on: December 19, 2007, 02:03:52 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=4005738&page=1

Drew Peterson told ABC News in an interview on Saturday that he's confident he can withstand the metastisizing parade of leaks, insinuations and burgeoning suspicion that he had a hand in the disappearance of his fourth wife Stacy Peterson.
"Everything being said is not true," Peterson said of allegations raised Saturday that he funnelled more than a quarter million dollars to his son from several bank accounts, including accounts held jointly between himself and Stacy, after the 23 year-old woman disappeared earlier this year.

Peterson has been increasingly aggressive in recent days in challenging some of the rampant media speculation that authorities are close to filing charges against him.
Numerous sources have confirmed to ABC News and other media outlets that a grand jury in Illinois has been hearing evidence targeting Peterson in the disappearance since at least last week.
Still, Peterson, a veteran former police sergeant, insists he is a cuckolded scapegoat and a convenient solution to a compelling missing mom mystery.
"As more things come up, more things get knocked down,'' Peterson told ABC News. " The whole incidence is losing credibility."
Peterson declined to directly address news reports that he wrote his son a series of checks totalling more than $250,000 after Stacy's disappearance, but said pointedly that "the truth about them will come out."
Peterson has repeatedly and vehemently denied accusations that he was involved in the disappearance of Stacy Peterson. However, an Illinois grand jury has been reviewing evidence to that end throughout the past week. Authorities are also aggressively re-examining the death of Peterson's third wife, Kathleen Salvio.
The allegations that he was "funnelling'' assets to his son in anticipation of his arrest were first reported by a local news station in Illinois, though rumors to that effect have been percolating in Midwest media circles for at least a week. Asked on Saturday during a telephone interview if he was worried about the new report, Peterson told ABC News, "I'm always concerned."
A report published on MyFoxChicago.com Saturday morning reported that prosecutors have subpoenaed bank records showing that Peterson, 53, transferred almost $250,000 from private bank accounts, some shared with his wife, to his son Steve Peterson, an Illinois police officer.
While he denied the Fox report, which strongly insinuated that the alleged transfer of money was nefarious, Peterson seemed to indicate in an interview with ABC News last week that he had taken steps to protect his children's future. "The kids are taken care of,'' Peterson told ABC News Law & Justice Senior Correspondent Jim Avila. "If I'm hit by a bus or arrested I have arranged care of the children -- set up trusts and who will care for them," he said.
Stacy Peterson, 23, disappeared from her home in Bolingbrook, Ill., nearly two months ago. Suspicion has since mounted that Drew Peterson, 53, Stacy's husband and a former sergeant in the Bolingbrook Police Department, may have been involved.

Authorities have named Peterson a suspect in Stacy's disappearance but have not charged him with any crime. Peterson himself insists his wife is alive and says she told him she was leaving him for another man.

Sharon Bychowski, a neighbor to the Petersons and a close friend of Stacy's, told ABC News today she had not heard reports of Drew's financial transactions and was reluctant to comment.

"But," she told ABC News, "if he's transferring a whole bunch of money of the account, I think he's gonna have issues."

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #951 on: December 19, 2007, 02:04:31 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/...n3625475.shtml

CBS/AP) A judge is denying a former Bolingbrook police officer's request to have items including 11 guns and two cars returned after they were seized during the search for his missing wife.

Drew Peterson's lawyers had hoped a judge would rule in his favor Monday. But the request was denied.

The weapons and cars were among a series of items that were taken by investigators searching for 23-year-old Stacy Peterson who vanished in late October.

Peterson is a suspect in her disappearance.

Meanwhile, Peterson's lawyer says he wants a special prosecutor to look into leaks from a grand jury convened in the case.

Attorney Joel Brodsky calls the leaks about his client, Drew Peterson, "prodigious to say the least."

The Will County grand jury has been hearing what is meant to be sealed testimony in the investigation of Stacy Peterson's disappearance in late October. Many details have appeared in media reports, often attributed to unnamed sources.

Brodsky says he doesn't blame prosecutors but wonders if details are coming from someone on the grand jury or others involved in the investigation.

Over the weekend, the search of the Chicago Sanitary and Ship Canal for Stacy Peterson was sparked by cell phone records that indicated that Drew Peterson was near there when he received an anxious call from his sister-in-law, Cassandra Cales, a source said, according to CBS News station WBBM-TV.

Cales has said she called Drew Peterson's cell phone about 11 p.m. Oct. 28. Stacy Peterson was last seen that morning. Cales said Peterson sounded out of breath and said he was at his home. But Cales said she was outside his house and he was not there.

The search of the canal floor, however, did not yield much other than removing abandoned cars from the waterway, said a police source involved in the investigation, reports WBBM.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #952 on: December 19, 2007, 02:07:12 PM »

http://www.morrisdailyherald.com/art...6apeterson.txt

CHICAGO (AP) - Drew Peterson's lawyer acknowledged Tuesday that days after Peterson's wife disappeared he transferred $200,000 into an account belonging to his adult son - but only to keep the woman he says left him for another man from getting it.

“It's his life savings,” said Joel Brodsky, explaining the money was the equity on the couple's Bolingbrook home. “He sits there and he goes, 'Wherever she's at, she can access this money. I can't have her taking this money.' So he takes the money and gives it to his son ... so she can't grab it out of the home equity line.”

Brodsky said he was discussing the transfer to protect his client and offer an explanation for what he called potentially damaging information leaked to the media from a grand jury. The grand jury has been convened in the investigations of Stacy Peterson's disappearance in late October and the 2004 death of Drew Peterson's ex-wife, Kathleen Savio.

Authorities have named Peterson a suspect in his wife's disappearance but he has not been charged with a crime. He has not been called a suspect in the death of Savio, who prosecutors have said they believe was the victim of a homicide staged to look like an accident.

Brodsky said there have been a number of leaks of grand jury information that is supposed remain secret.

He cited as another example reports that Stacy Peterson told her pastor she saw her husband wearing a black ninja-style outfit the night before Savio's body was found in bathtub in her own home. Drew Peterson denies that ever happened.

Brodsky said while the pastor did go on television to discuss conversations he said he had with Stacy Peterson, he never discussed that specific claim.

“But he allegedly gave that (information) to a grand jury and then it comes out,” Brodsky said. “That's a leak.”

It was the reporting of just such information that prompted Brodsky to ask a Will County judge to appoint a special prosecutor to investigate what he says is the illegal disclosure to the media of information presented to a grand jury. Judge Daniel Rozak has not responded to the request.
Brodsky wrote in a letter to Rozak that while he believes it is unlikely Drew Peterson would be indicted, he worries that if that happens, the leaks would hurt his ability to fight the charges.

“These illegal leaks make a fair trial impossible in such an event,” he wrote.

Meanwhile, Brodsky also is taking aim at what appears to be a key component of the investigation: cell phone records.

State police have said the search for Stacy Peterson has focused on where her cell phone was used. While Drew Peterson has not been charged with any crime, Brodsky already is raising questions about the records' reliability.
“How many people call a month disputing cell phone records (saying) 'I didn't make that call.'?” he said. “How accurate can they be?”

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #953 on: December 20, 2007, 07:42:12 AM »

Chicago Sun Times

December 20, 2007 Thursday
Divers quit searching for Stacy in canal  

Divers hunting for missing Bolingbrook mom Stacy Peterson have ended their search of the Chicago Sanitary and Ship Canal near Romeoville, police said Wednesday.

"We pretty much concluded the searches for the time being," said Trooper Mark Dorencz, an Illinois State Police spokesman. He said divers from a number of police departments will continue to check other waterways.

Divers have been probing the canal since late November for some sign of Peterson, 23, who vanished Oct. 28.

Cell phone records showed that Stacy Peterson's husband, Drew, was near the canal area the night his wife disappeared, sources have said.

Police have labeled Drew Peterson a suspect in his wife's disappearance. He has denied involvement. 
http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:718813123&start=1

aly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #954 on: December 20, 2007, 11:12:33 AM »

Regarding the transfer of funds from several accounts of DP & his wife SP to DP's son -
one report says it is "nevarious" or villainous/wicked.

Someone questioned DP's oldest son being involved in the murder.
How about the quarter mil was a payoff to his son for helping with the hit on SP?
Well . . . you never know.  He is "buying" his son's silence.
That is probably the real truth!!!

DP or his attorney Brodsky is trying to say that the $ was transferred to stop SP from getting the money - his wife who ran away allegedly who he by the way never tried to look for and never showed any drop of emotion or grief for.
Let's consider his story.  His wife ran away - even if it was true that she ran away with another man - remember DP said they (DP & SP) had a good marriage as he saw it.   So if we give him the benefit of the doubt and consider this story, then he would not have been transferring funds to protect them from her taking them, he would have been joining the search parties and welcoming the searchers who came to look for his lost wife who he says he had a good relationship with and who he says was a good mother to his children.

Also, if Brodsky's defense is "how accurate are the phone records", he will lose big time!  I have worked for three phone companies and phone records are extremely accurate.  Yes, people do call in and say, I never made that call and when you look it up they say, Oh, yes I did!  The phone records are amazingly accurate!  What an attorney if he is that stupid!!!

value people not things
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #955 on: December 21, 2007, 09:44:02 AM »

Chicago Tribune

December 21, 2007 Friday
North Edition 

METRO ; ZONE N; Pg. 8 

534 words

Peterson's former friend tells of family's reactions;
Ex-TV reporter goes before grand jury in Lisa Stebic case

By Matthew Walberg and Erika Slife, Tribune staff reporters

A former friend of Drew Peterson testified before a special grand jury Thursday about how Peterson's immediate family reacted in the days after his wife, Stacy Peterson, disappeared.

"They asked me about the children that week, their demeanor and what went on in the house the week that I was there," said Richard Mims, who stayed at the Petersons' home after Stacy Peterson, 23, vanished Oct. 28.

Mims declined to reveal specific questions he was asked or what he told the grand jury other than that he saw nothing unusual between Peterson and his children, whom he called "the most well-mannered, wholesome children I've been around."

Authorities have named Drew Peterson, 53, a suspect in his wife's disappearance. The investigation has led authorities to re-examine the 2004 death of Peterson's third wife, Kathleen Savio, whose body was found in her bathtub in Bolingbrook just weeks before the financial terms of the couple's divorce were to be finalized.

Peterson has two children with Stacy Peterson, ages 4 and 2, and two with Savio. Stacy Peterson adopted those children. Drew Peterson, a former Bolingbrook police sergeant, has not been charged with a crime and denies wrongdoing in either case. He maintains that his wife left him for another man.

Mims was one of Drew Peterson's staunchest defenders early on, but their relationship has become strained since Mims publicly stated that he has doubts about Peterson's statements on the events of Oct. 28-29.

Recently, Mims sold his story to the National Enquirer, which caused tension with Stacy Peterson's supporters.

Before he testified, Mims said in a phone interview that pressure surrounding the case was starting to get to him.

"Fifteen minutes of fame is turning into 15 weeks of hell," he said. "I'm sick of it. I want to go back to my life."

Mims, who has been living out of a hotel room since he left Drew Peterson's house, said he was asked to reappear before the grand jury the last week of January.

Also Thursday, former TV reporter Amy Jacobson testified before the special grand jury, which also is examining the April 30 disappearance of Lisa Stebic of Plainfield.

Stebic, 37, vanished from her family's home, and her husband, Craig, has been named a person of interest, though he has repeatedly denied any involvement.

They were divorcing when she disappeared. Numerous searches have failed to turn up evidence.

In July, Jacobson was fired from WMAQ-Ch. 5 after a rival station aired video of her in a bikini top with a towel around her waist at the Stebic home. Jacobson has said she was on her way to the East Bank Club with her children when she got a call from Craig Stebic's sister, who invited Jacobson to the house to talk.

Jacobson's attorney, Robert Andalman, said she was subpoenaed. They declined to answer reporters' questions about her testimony.

Melanie Greenberg, Lisa Stebic's cousin and a family spokeswoman, said she was surprised to learn of Jacobson's appearance before the grand jury.

"We've been assured by the state's attorney's office that they were continuing to work on the case," she said. "We knew there was a grand jury because the children were called before it in November."
http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:719608997&start=2

aly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #956 on: December 23, 2007, 12:41:51 PM »

Merry Christmas Stacy Peterson & Kathleen Savio -

I am so sad you will not be with your children for the holidays & everyday & I pray your love for them will light their way forever & they will never forget your love for them.

I pray your murderer will be found and tried and held so that your dear children can be raised by good people who will provide them with safety and love and light.

value people not things
RiverWalk
Scared Monkey

« Reply #957 on: December 26, 2007, 01:58:45 AM »

HI.  I'm new here.  I'm coming over from Court TV.  Thank you SM for allowing me to post here.

Read ALL of this:  http://tinyurl.com/2h2e7j

Mary Pontarelli is THE Mary that is the neighbor that found Kathleen (imo) along with Steve C.

Mary, husband TOM (the tuxedo guy) and son Nick.  Read the other links supplied.

peoplefinders.com
PONTARELL, THOMAS A (Age 57)

Associated names:

PONTARELLI, THOMAS
BOLINGBROOK, IL
FOREST PARK, IL                
PONTARELLI, MARIE A (Age 42)
PONTARELLI, LUCIA
PONTARELLI, DEFRANCESCO NICK
aly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #958 on: December 26, 2007, 02:17:02 AM »

Christmas update CNN

Woman's whereabouts a mystery
Story Highlights
Search for police officer's wife yields many questions, no answers

Witnesses' statements contradict husband's, but evidence lacking

Police, volunteers look for blue barrel that may contain body

Results of autopsy on third wife not released

BOLINGBROOK, Illinois (AP) -- Nearly two months after Stacy Peterson was last seen, the investigation into her disappearance and suspicions surrounding her husband have produced many intriguing questions. But few answers.

Stacy Peterson of Bolingbrook, Illinois, hasn't been seen in public since October 28.

1 of 2  A mysterious blue barrel. Divers searching the murky, frigid waters of an industrial canal. A woman's body exhumed for clues three years after her death.

All the story lines, though, have led back to one house on a quiet street, and to Sunday, October 28, the day the 23-year-old mother of two small children vanished.

The last time anyone outside the Peterson home talked to her was around 10:15 a.m., when she spoke briefly with a friend, Bruce Ziderich, about helping to paint an apartment he owned in nearby Yorkville.

Ziderich told her to wait until she heard from her sister, Cassandra Cales, before going to the apartment, said Pamela Bosco, a longtime family friend.

After that, the trail goes cold.

Peterson's husband, Drew Peterson, 53, who resigned from the Bolingbrook Police Department after being named a suspect in his wife's disappearance, has told reporters that when he awoke around 11 a.m., his wife already had left.

About noon, Sharon Bychowski, a neighbor and friend of Stacy's, phoned Drew and told him she'd been to the market and had some candy for the kids.

Drew Peterson stopped by about 1:15 p.m., saying he had to run a brief errand, and returned about 15 minutes later, Bychowski said.

By midafternoon, around 2:30 or 3 p.m., Bosco said, Cales tried to call her sister.

Cales said Stacy had told her two days earlier that she feared Peterson might harm her and that she planned to talk to a divorce attorney the following Monday.

Stacy Peterson had told family and friends that her husband -- whom she'd met six years earlier, when she was 17 and he was married to his third wife -- had become increasingly controlling, following her, tracking her with GPS and calling her incessantly on her cell phone.

Two weeks before she disappeared, she had gotten a new cell number after she found her phone bill in her husband's briefcase, with some of the numbers highlighted, Bosco said.

But one thing didn't change: her insistence on always keeping her phone turned on, Bosco said.

So when Cales couldn't get through that afternoon, she began to worry.

At 2:30 p.m. that day, Drew Peterson -- a 29-year Bolingbrook police veteran -- called work, saying he could not work his 5 p.m.-to-5 a.m. shift because his wife was gone and he needed to stay home with his children, Lt. Ken Teppel said.

But other stories have emerged to contradict Peterson's account.

Around 10 that night, a friend of Drew Peterson's stepbrother Thomas Morphey said he was home watching the World Series when Morphey called in a panic, saying he needed to talk.

Walter Martineck said Morphey told him that just hours earlier he'd helped Peterson move a large blue container from an upstairs bedroom into Peterson's SUV. Morphey said he never looked inside the container, but it was warm to the touch and he had a terrible feeling, Martineck said.

"He took me by my shoulders, told me I can't say anything, and he just told me that he thinks he helped dispose of Stacy's body," Martineck said on NBC's "Today" program.

Peterson has denied that Morphey helped him move anything.

He has told reporters that his wife called him around 9 that night, telling him that she was leaving him. Later, in one of several television interviews, Peterson said his wife told him, "She found somebody else."

Investigators have never confirmed reports of a container, but volunteers from the Texas-based group EquuSearch who helped look for her have said police asked them to watch for a large blue plastic barrel.

For weeks, police divers searched a canal south of Chicago looking for evidence.

Cales went to Peterson's house around 11 p.m. on October 28 looking for her sister, Bosco said. Drew was not home, but his kids were.

"They said their parents had a fight and that Stacy had gone to Grandpa's house," Bosco said.

At 11:26, Cales said she reached Peterson on his cell phone.

"He said, 'Your sister left me,"' Cales recounted on the Web site findstacypeterson.com. She recounted what he told her next: "She called me at 9 p.m. and said she was leaving me and going on a li'l vacation ... and she left the car somewhere in Bolingbrook."

Bosco said Peterson told Cales even more.

"He said, 'She took $25,000 from the safe, her bikini is missing and her passport is missing, she's disappeared just like your mom,"' said Bosco, the last comment referring to Cales' and Stacy Peterson's mother, who vanished when Stacy was a teenager.

Cales said she didn't believe any of it -- starting with Peterson's contention that he was home. She knew that wasn't true, she wrote, because she had just been there and was sitting around the corner.

At 1:36 a.m. on October 29, Cales went to the Bolingbrook Police Department to report her sister missing, then filed another missing-person report with the Illinois State Police, Teppel said.

By November 9, police were calling Drew Peterson a suspect in his wife's disappearance and said it was a possible homicide. They also said that they would exhume the body of Peterson's ex-wife, Kathleen Savio, saying a 2004 death that was originally ruled an accidental bathtub drowning likely was a homicide. They have not called Peterson a suspect in that case and have not released results of a new autopsy.

But for all the searches by police and volunteers, all the tidbits of information and speculation, there still have been no charges -- and no indication that they're imminent.

Drew Peterson's attorney, Joel Brodsky, even raised the possibility that Stacy Peterson's disappearance might never be solved.

"Not every mystery gets solved," Brodsky said. "This is not TV, it's real life." E-mail to a friend

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

value people not things
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #959 on: December 26, 2007, 02:32:22 AM »

HI.  I'm new here.  I'm coming over from Court TV.  Thank you SM for allowing me to post here.

Read ALL of this:  http://tinyurl.com/2h2e7j

Mary Pontarelli is THE Mary that is the neighbor that found Kathleen (imo) along with Steve C.

Mary, husband TOM (the tuxedo guy) and son Nick.  Read the other links supplied.

peoplefinders.com
PONTARELL, THOMAS A (Age 57)

Associated names:

PONTARELLI, THOMAS
BOLINGBROOK, IL
FOREST PARK, IL                
PONTARELLI, MARIE A (Age 42)
PONTARELLI, LUCIA
PONTARELLI, DEFRANCESCO NICK

Welcome Riverwalk!
Looks like everybody in bed from a long Christmas day!

Looking foward to speaking with  you soon on This case and Natalee!  I saw you over there too. 

Thanks for sharing this info!

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.