March 28, 2024, 08:38:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stacy Ann Peterson 23, Bolingbrook IL - Missing 10/28/07 #1  (Read 1030014 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1060 on: August 22, 2008, 01:12:10 PM »

Chicago Sun Times

August 22, 2008 Friday

Drew: I knew nothing of man

Drew Peterson says he knew nothing of the Coal City man his missing wife allegedly met for drinks the night before she vanished.

"This is the first I heard about it," Peterson said of Mike Kurdenok, a Joliet Junior College classmate of his missing wife, Stacy Peterson.

Kurdenok came forward immediately after Stacy disappeared to tell police she confided in him about a scheme to abandon her husband.

"It's like she was planning something and then two days later she acted on it," Peterson said. "I would say that vindicated me a little. Wouldn't you?"

State Police have named Peterson a suspect in the disappearance of Stacy, his fourth wife. They have classified the case as a "potential homicide."

Peterson's attorney, Joel Brodsky, said he learned of Kurdenok when prosecutors turned over documents Wednesday related to a felony weapons charge filed against Peterson in May. 

http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:840783878&start=1

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1061 on: August 29, 2008, 07:42:44 PM »

Chicago Sun Times

August 29, 2008 Friday

Can Drew get fair trial in Will County?; His lawyers may try to move it elsewhere

Ex-Bolingbrook cop Drew Peterson might be too famous to stand trial in Will County, his attorneys said Thursday.

They said that as a result, they might seek to move his Dec. 8 trial on a felony weapons charge out of Will County.

Intense news coverage of the October 2007 disappearance of Peterson's fourth wife and the mysterious 2004 death of his third wife could make it tough for him to get a fair trial on the weapons charge, his lawyers said.

"Given the amount of media attention, it's going to be very difficult to find jurors who don't know anything about Drew Peterson," Peterson attorney Andrew Abood said after a court hearing in Joliet.

His lawyers said they haven't decided yet whether to ask Judge Richard Schoenstedt to move the trial -- and probably won't until after a Sept. 18 hearing on what evidence will be presented during the trial, which they said could last two weeks.

Much of that time could be consumed in selecting jurors who haven't formed an opinion of Peterson, Abood and co-counsel Joel Brodsky said.

"There's a public opinion about Drew that is slanted in a certain direction," Abood said.

Peterson has been named a suspect in the Oct. 28 disappearance of 23-year-old Stacy Peterson. Police also have reclassified the 2004 drowning death of third wife Kathleen Savio as a murder.

Drew Peterson hasn't been charged in either case, but the 54-year-old former police sergeant was charged earlier this year with owning what authorities contend is an illegally modified assault rifle. Police seized it during a November search of Peterson's Bolingbrook home a few days after Stacy Peterson vanished.

Peterson, who left Thursday's hearing without comment, was entitled to own the weapon because he used it for his police duties, Brodsky and Abood have argued.

Prosecutors declined to say if they would oppose a request to shift the weapons trial out of Will County but said Peterson and his attorneys helped stoke the extensive media attention.

"This office is not responsible for Mr. Peterson's notoriety," said Charles Pelkie, a spokesman for Will County State's Attorney James Glasgow. "The ability to limit his exposure to the media lies with his attorneys."

Asked where he might want to have the gun trial moved, Brodsky chuckled, then replied: "Maybe China."
http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:843873613&start=3

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1062 on: August 29, 2008, 08:05:03 PM »

Chicago Sun Times

August 29, 2008 Friday

Can Drew get fair trial in Will County?; His lawyers may try to move it elsewhere

Ex-Bolingbrook cop Drew Peterson might be too famous to stand trial in Will County, his attorneys said Thursday.

They said that as a result, they might seek to move his Dec. 8 trial on a felony weapons charge out of Will County.

Intense news coverage of the October 2007 disappearance of Peterson's fourth wife and the mysterious 2004 death of his third wife could make it tough for him to get a fair trial on the weapons charge, his lawyers said.

"Given the amount of media attention, it's going to be very difficult to find jurors who don't know anything about Drew Peterson," Peterson attorney Andrew Abood said after a court hearing in Joliet.

His lawyers said they haven't decided yet whether to ask Judge Richard Schoenstedt to move the trial -- and probably won't until after a Sept. 18 hearing on what evidence will be presented during the trial, which they said could last two weeks.

Much of that time could be consumed in selecting jurors who haven't formed an opinion of Peterson, Abood and co-counsel Joel Brodsky said.

"There's a public opinion about Drew that is slanted in a certain direction," Abood said.

Peterson has been named a suspect in the Oct. 28 disappearance of 23-year-old Stacy Peterson. Police also have reclassified the 2004 drowning death of third wife Kathleen Savio as a murder.

Drew Peterson hasn't been charged in either case, but the 54-year-old former police sergeant was charged earlier this year with owning what authorities contend is an illegally modified assault rifle. Police seized it during a November search of Peterson's Bolingbrook home a few days after Stacy Peterson vanished.

Peterson, who left Thursday's hearing without comment, was entitled to own the weapon because he used it for his police duties, Brodsky and Abood have argued.

Prosecutors declined to say if they would oppose a request to shift the weapons trial out of Will County but said Peterson and his attorneys helped stoke the extensive media attention.

"This office is not responsible for Mr. Peterson's notoriety," said Charles Pelkie, a spokesman for Will County State's Attorney James Glasgow. "The ability to limit his exposure to the media lies with his attorneys."

Asked where he might want to have the gun trial moved, Brodsky chuckled, then replied: "Maybe China."
http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:843873613&start=3

Thanks, Nut.  Drew Peterson is his own worst spokesperson.  If he would shut his trap, and stop acting like a pompous ass, he would have a bigger selection in his jury pool.  No matter where he goes, all he has to do is open his pie hole and even a jury who never heard his name before will feel the same way.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1063 on: September 07, 2008, 11:06:00 AM »

Excerpts from 'Fatal Vows: The Tragic Wives of Sergeant Drew Peterson'

Sept. 7, 2008

Last October, Stacy Peterson disappeared. And with her disappearance, a national spotlight fell on Bolingbrook, the previously tranquil southwest suburb where the 23-year-old woman lived with her husband, Drew Peterson, then a Bolingbrook police sergeant, and their children.

Suspicion centered on Drew Peterson, who has steadfastly maintained that the missing woman -- his fourth wife -- ran off, probably with another man. Peterson has not been charged but has been identified by investigators as a "suspect" in the still-unsolved disappearance.

Adding intrigue: Peterson's third wife, Kathleen Savio, had been found dead in the bathtub of the couple's home in 2004 -- a death that initially had been ruled accidental. But amid questions raised by Stacy Peterson's disappearance, Savio's body was exhumed for a second autopsy. As a result of that newly reopened investigation, in February Savio's death was ruled a homicide.

In a new book, Fatal Vows: The Tragic Wives of Sergeant Drew Peterson (Phoenix Books, $25.95), Joe Hosey, a reporter for the Herald News in Joliet since 1999, draws on interviews with the family and friends of the missing woman and with Drew Peterson himself to examine the bizarre case, which Hosey has covered for the Herald News and the Chicago Sun-Times.

What follows are two excerpts from the book. The first recounts the inquest by Will County Coroner Patrick O'Neil into Savio's death. The second excerpt begins with Stacy Peterson's friend Sharon Bychowski's surprise at not being able to reach her by phone last Oct. 28:

O'Neil ran the show at Savio's inquest, but the star player at the proceeding was Special Agent [Herbert] Hardy of the Illinois State Police. Hardy was dispatched to testify, even though he only played a small role in the investigation of the woman's death. He did not talk to Peterson or Stacy, and he never met with friends or family of Peterson and Savio. He also did not attend Savio's autopsy and never made an appearance in the second-story bathroom of 392 Pheasant Chase Drive to inspect the death scene. Yet he was the representative the state police selected to attend the inquest of a police sergeant's former wife, who died mysteriously in the midst of

an acrimonious divorce, and who had at one time filed an order of protection in which she alleged he had threatened to kill her.

Hardy did question some of Savio's neighbors, but . . .

"I didn't talk to the ones that were really close to her," Hardy testified at the inquest. "Myself and [another agent] did what we call a 'neighborhood canvass,' and we did speak to quite a few of the neighbors in the general area of the residence."

It came as little surprise that Hardy did not get much information out of those neighbors.

"Did anyone hear or see anything unusual, see any squad cars or anything, any suspicious activity in that area?" O'Neil, the coroner, asked Hardy.

Hardy said they had not.

"Did you find any signs of foul play during the course of your investigation?" O'Neil asked.

"No, sir," Hardy said. "We did not."

There were no indications of a burglary or home invasion, no weapons in the house and, according to Hardy, no signs on Savio's body or in the home that a struggle had taken place.

"Everything seemed to be in order," he said. The only possible exception was an unmade bed with some books and magazines on it. "Nobody related to us that they saw anything unusual in the neighborhood those last few days."

The only unusual thing was the dead woman in the dry bathtub.

"There was no water [in] the tub when our agents arrived," Hardy said. "It must have drained out after setting for such a long period of time."

Savio's hair was still wet, the special agent noted, her fingertips were pruned, and her skin was wrinkled. She had a cut on the back of her head, and a small amount of blood was in the tub.

"We think that the laceration from her -- that she sustained to the back of her head -- was caused by a fall in the tub," Hardy said. "There was nothing to lead us to believe that anything else occurred. There was no other evidence at this time that shows that anything else occurred."

Hardy never laid out a specific scenario about what state police believe immediately preceded the fall in the tub. Had Savio, at the end of her bath, stood to unplug the drain but slipped before she could do so? Had she slipped getting into the tub? State police didn't say; perhaps it was not something that could be determined. The tub stopper was down -- that was confirmed at the inquest -- but there was no mention of having tested the stopper to see how fast a tubful of water could seep away. Would a plugged-up tub drain and dry out in less than two days, the amount of time between Savio's phone call with her boyfriend and the discovery of her body? Would a body lying in a tub trap some water underneath it that wouldn't evaporate in that time? If any of these questions factored in to the state police's deliberations, the public never knew of it.

Savio, state police concluded, had fallen and drowned in the tub while water slowly drained away; she died from an accidental drowning.

"And at the point we're at now," Hardy said, "we're still waiting. . . . All alibis, all stories were checked as to where people were, and if I remember . . . if I recall correctly, the only thing we're waiting for now is some phone records to find out if certain calls were made when they said they were made. So at this point, that's where we're at." And it's at that point that they pretty much stayed for the next three and half years.

In stark contrast to Hardy's confidence in how Savio perished, her family testified at the inquest that they never for a moment believed her death was an accident. Rather, they told the jury that Savio lived in terror of Peterson.

Savio's sister, Susan Savio, said Kathleen even predicted that, if she died, "It may look like an accident, but it wasn't."

"And it's just very hard for me to accept that," Susan continued, "what had happened. His reactions to this were a laughing matter -- cleaning everything out, ready to get rid of the house. It's very hard."

Peterson did not attend the inquest.

Family members also brought up financial issues between Kathleen Savio and Peterson. In the divorce settlement, Savio was to get the house. Once she had it, Susan Savio said, "She was going to sell the house and move away." But Peterson had other plans, according to Savio family members.

Around 2 p.m., Bychowski called Stacy's cell phone. The call went straight to voice mail, which struck Bychowski as odd. "When she's gone, she never turned her cell off, ever."

Bychowski did not hear from Stacy for the rest of the day. At about 8:30 a.m. the next morning -- Monday, Oct. 29 -- her doorbell rang. She expected it to be Stacy, who usually rang the bell and walked right in. This time, though, it was Peterson. He grabbed Bychowski by the arm and, saying he needed her, took her to his house. She didn't even have time to put on her shoes.

"I thought, 'Oh, my God. Oh, my God, what's wrong?' My heart is pounding, that kind of pounding when you get pulled over by the cops? . . . 'What's wrong? What's wrong?' 'Just come, come.' He wouldn't tell me. I see that there's both cars in the driveway."

•        •         •         •       

Once she was inside Peterson's house, he dropped what he must have thought was a bombshell, only Bychowski knew it was coming.

"He says, 'She left me,' " Bychowski said. "I go, 'Yeah.' . . . I'm thinking, 'And?' 'Cause I know how unhappy she is, and I know she wants to leave him. I thought she left for sure.

"I said, 'Where are the kids?' And he says, 'They're upstairs.' "

With this revelation, she knew something was amiss.

"He goes, 'I know this is really difficult for you. I know you thought she was your bud and all.' I'm like, 'Now what do I do?' I'm in the house alone with him, basically. And you know what else was odd? Everything was perfect. Like, we have the same flowers. They're always on her kitchen table. Gone. There's nothing on the kitchen table. No kids' place mats. No sippy cups. Nothing. Odd."

Peterson then complained of Stacy looting their safe and going on a spending spree. He said she took $25,000 from their safe at home, Bychowski said, but Stacy had told Bychowski the week before that she had transferred $25,000 to pay off a home-equity line of credit so they would only have to divide up assets and not liabilities. "But he doesn't know that I know that," Bychowski said. "So I just said, 'Oh.' "

Peterson said Stacy also took passports and car and house titles and bought herself new clothes and a bikini. The list gave Bychowski further cause for concern.

"Well, I also know that she has a favorite bikini. She's not going to give that up. I know she has these fabulous bras that she bought herself as a treat after she had her liposuction. I said, 'She's not giving up those bras.' I know her. She had favorite bras. She's not giving up all those bras."

Bychowski was in disbelief. She figured Stacy would leave Peterson sooner or later, but she could not swallow that the young woman would abruptly depart without taking her children. When she got home and briefed her husband, she said he had a similar sense of dread.

"I said, 'Bob, the kids are there.' He sits up and he goes, 'OK, that's not right.' I said, 'You don't think I'm being a drama queen to tell you that I think that there's something wrong with this?' And he goes, 'One thing I know about her is, she'd never leave her kids.'

"My husband's not involved with a lot of stuff," Bychowski said, "but he knows her well enough to know those kids are always with her."

Soon after Bychowski returned home, Stacy's sister Cassandra and Bruce Zidarich were at her door.

Zidarich asked Bychowski if she'd heard about Stacy; Bychowski said she had. Stacy's sister, Bychowski said, was crying.

Cassandra had apparently had a sleepless, stressful night. After not hearing from Stacy all day Sunday, around 11 that evening she had gone to her sister's house. The driveway was empty. She said she spoke with her nephew Kristopher, who told her his parents had fought that morning, then Stacy had left, and his father was out looking for her.

Cassandra left the house and called Peterson on his cell phone. She was sitting in the parking lot of a nearby Meijer department store when he told her that Stacy had run off, and he was trying to find her. She said Peterson also told her he was home, which she found difficult to believe, considering she had just been there.

Cassandra then went to the Downers Grove Police Department. She did not want to trust the matter to the Bolingbrook police, and might have chosen the Downers Grove police because she had grown up in the town, but they sent her to Bolingbrook anyway.

From the Bolingbrook Police Department, Cassandra drove by her sister's home again. This time, both the Denali and the Grand Prix were parked there. Cassandra then headed to the nearby District 5 state police headquarters and, in the early hours of Monday, Oct. 29, reported Stacy Peterson missing.

By the time Cassandra showed up at Bychowski's house, she had an awful feeling about what had happened to her sister.

"She said, 'He killed her. He killed her,' " Bychowski said.
http://www.suntimes.com/news/peterson/1149189,CST-NWS-fatalvows07.article

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1064 on: September 11, 2008, 12:56:54 PM »

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=stacy

I believe in miracles!
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1065 on: September 19, 2008, 09:49:20 AM »

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-peterson-both-19-sep19,0,6548034.story

Judge: Authorities have done electronic surveillance on Drew Peterson
But what was recorded is still sealed; ex-cop's lawyers had sought the information

By Erika Slife |  Chicago Tribune reporter
    September 19, 2008

A Will County judge on Thursday said he is in possession of an "extensive" number of CDs, DVDs and tapes related to the surveillance of former Bolingbrook police Sgt. Drew Peterson, the suspect in the disappearance of his fourth wife.

Judge Richard Schoenstedt made the disclosure at a pretrial hearing where Peterson's legal team sought to gain information regarding any electronic surveillance that police may have conducted on him.

Peterson, 54, was in court facing felony gun charges for allegedly possessing a modified assault rifle with a barrel of less than 16 inches in violation of state law. Authorities seized the rifle after search warrants were executed as part of the investigation into the Oct. 28 disappearance of Peterson's fourth wife, Stacy. She was 23 at the time she vanished.

Authorities are also re-examining the death of Peterson's third wife, Kathleen Savio, who, at 40, was found dead in an empty bathtub in her Bolingbrook home in 2004.

Peterson has not been charged in either case and maintains his innocence.

On Thursday, Schoenstedt's remarks confirmed for the first time that authorities have secretly recorded Peterson as part of their investigation.

But what type of surveillance authorities carried out was not discussed in open court. The information is under seal, and Schoenstedt did not elaborate beyond saying the amount was extensive. Afterward, Peterson's attorneys declined to comment further.

"I really can't get into the details of what's printed in that list. But I would say that, if I'm police and I'm investigating a gun case like this, electronic surveillance is not going to play a big part in my investigation," Peterson's attorney Joel Brodsky said.

In July, Peterson's former friends, Len Wawczak and Paula Stark, went public with claims that they wore a wire and recorded conversations with Peterson about both cases regarding his wives. Law-enforcement officials had never confirmed their statements.

In court, Brodsky and his fellow attorney, Andrew Abood, also argued a series of motions related to the gun charges. The Will County state's attorney's office had requested a gag order, which Peterson's attorneys successfully blocked. They also won the right to interview Bolingbrook police about whether Peterson used the rifle as a secondary duty weapon, which he claims.

But they were unsuccessful in their motion to bar the department's rules and regulations from trial, although Schoenstedt said rulings on motions could be revisited. Another motion to be discussed at a later date is whether testimony from Peterson's son, Stephen, will be excluded at trial. Peterson allegedly transferred the gun to his son, an Oak Brook police officer, according to the indictment.

The next court hearing is scheduled for Oct. 23 to discuss jury selection. Peterson's attorneys are considering requesting a change of venue, believing he may not get a fair trial in Will County.

The trial is scheduled to begin Dec. 8.

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1066 on: September 22, 2008, 05:30:40 PM »

TONIGHT AT 9PM ET:

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u
Monkey See Monkey Don't Do
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1067 on: September 28, 2008, 11:28:01 AM »

Gm Monkey's, I am fairly new here. I just wanted to add my 2 cents here, if i may. First off, I never heard of this case, only the LACEY Peterson case ( May she and her baby rip) AND her so called husband rot in HELL. BUT i wanted to say was, boy these peterson's have a thing for killing their wives huh? OR reporting them missing. 
http://www.nbc5.com/family/14455029/detail.html?dl=mainclick

Police Sergeant's Wife Goes Missing
Husband's History May Present Clues

POSTED: 6:02 am CDT October 30, 2007
UPDATED: 11:26 am CDT October 30, 2007

BOLINGBROOK, Ill. -- State Police are searching for the wife of a southwest suburban Bolingbrook police sergeant.

"Because he's one of our officers, we thought it would be better to have an independent agency investigating," Bolingbrook Mayor Roger Claar said of the state's involvement in the disappearance of Stacey Peterson.

It was not clear how long Peterson, the 23-year-old wife of Bolingbrook police Sgt. Drew Peterson, has been missing. Illinois State Police Trooper Mark Dorencz at first declined to comment on the matter, but later said the state is handling the case as a missing persons investigation.

The Bolingbrook police department said Drew Peterson was not scheduled to work Monday. A message left for him at the department went unreturned.

According to an Illinois State Police news release -- which spelled her name Stacy Ann Peterson -- she was last heard from at 10 a.m. Sunday. She was supposed to help a friend do some painting, but never showed up.

Stacy Peterson is described as a white female, 5-feet 2-inches tall, about 100 pounds, with brown hair and eyes. She was last seen wearing a red jogging suit. She has a tattoo of a blue and yellow carnation on the small of her back and a scar across her stomach, the release said.

According to the release, Stacy Peterson frequents Joliet Junior College and her family reported her missing at 4 a.m. Monday.

Drew Peterson's previous wife, 40-year-old Kathleen Savio, was found dead in the dry bathtub of her Pheasant Chase home in March 2004. Drew Peterson and Savio were divorced and he was returning their two sons to their home after a weekend visit, but no one answered the locked door.

Peterson went to a neighbor's to call a locksmith. Once entry was gained, the neighbor went inside and found Savio's body in a waterless bathtub.

The investigation revealed Savio drowned. Her fingertips showed pruning from being submerged in water and her hair was wet when she was found. While there was no water in the bathtub, it may have drained out over time, as the plug was down, investigators speculated.

A coroner's jury ruled the death accidental. State Police investigated that case as well. No charges were filed.

According to one official, Savio was Drew Peterson's third wife, and Stacey Peterson is his fourth.

More than 20 years ago, Drew Peterson was fired from the Bolingbrook Police Department after the village board of police and fire commissioners found him guilty of disobedience, conducting a self-assigned investigation, failure to report a bribe immediately and official misconduct. He had been indicted two months earlier on charges of official misconduct and failure to report a bribe. Peterson was working under the auspices of the Metropolitan Area Narcotics Squad at the time. Indictments alleged he solicited drugs in exchange for information about his agency.

The charges later were dropped. Special prosecutor Raymond Bolden said at the time that the charges were not provable.

Drew Peterson won reinstatement with the department in March 1986. Judge Edwin Grabiec ruled police and fire commissioners lacked sufficient evidence to find Peterson guilty of the charges.

Anyone with information regarding this case is asked to call ISP Joliet District at 815-726-6377.

Katysmom
Monkey Junky

Everyone needs a helping hand once in a while

« Reply #1068 on: September 30, 2008, 06:19:31 PM »

Polygraph results leave Peterson puzzled

September 29, 2008

The Associated Press
A former Bolingbrook police officer says he doesn't know why a polygraph shows he was deceptive in answering questions about his wife's disappearance.

Drew Peterson is a suspect in last October's disappearance of his wife, Stacy. He denies any wrongdoing.

Stacy and Drew Peterson

RELATED STORIES
• SPECIAL SECTION: The Drew Peterson Case
He took two lie detector tests for an upcoming book. They indicated he'd been ``deceptive'' in answering three questions.

The questions focused on the last time Peterson saw his wife, whether he knows where she is and whether she told him she was leaving.

Peterson told CBS' ``The Early Show'' Monday that he doesn't know why the polygraph shows he was being deceptive.

He says Stacy left him for another man.

Peterson's attorney says he doesn't think polygraphs are reliable but that Peterson's show he hasn't done anything wrong.

Edited to remove ads

« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 06:36:05 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

If love could of saved you, you would of lived forever
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1069 on: October 05, 2008, 05:29:42 AM »

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=stacy

I believe in miracles!
jjayinthemorning
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1070 on: October 05, 2008, 10:08:02 AM »

I hope this case is a source of knowledge for women everywhere.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1071 on: October 05, 2008, 11:09:34 AM »

Chicago Sun Times

October 5, 2008 Sunday

Was drew telling truth?; Biggest answers 'not deceptive' The new book Drew Peterson Exposed about the former Bolingbrook police officer and his dead third wife and missing fourth wife is billed as a 300-page news story. And it does have some news. Peterson -- under a cloud of suspicion after his third wife Kathleen Savio's mysterious death was finally ruled a homicide and his fourth wife Stacy Peterson vanished nearly a year ago -- agreed to take separate polygraph tests to address questions about both cases.

Lee McCord -- described by author Derek Armstrong as an expert polygrapher with 30 years experience -- administered the tests and concluded Peterson was truthful when he said he had nothing to do with the death of Savio.

But in a polygraph focusing on the disappearance of Stacy Peterson, McCord found Peterson "deceptive" in answering three of six questions. The polygrapher asked: "Do you know the whereabouts of your wife Stacy?" P erson said "no" -- a response the tester deemed "deceptive." Peterson said "yes" to whether he got a call from his wife the night of her disappearance. Again, McCord said that was "deceptive," and concluded the same to Peterson's "yes" to whether he last saw his wife at their home before going to bed after an overnight shift at work.

Author Armstrong, who bills himself as a journalist, author of mystery thrillers and "marketing guru," examines the results of the polygraph and concludes that Peterson, who has never been charged with a crime in connection with his wives but has been described by authorities as a "suspect" in Stacy Peterson's disappearance, would not have harmed his wives.

At one point, he describes Peterson as an enigma -- but not a killer.

He backs that assertion with Peterson's own hour-by-hour breakdown of how he spent Oct. 28, 2007 -- the day Stacy Peterson vanished, leaving behind their two young children. Authorities previously have questioned the timeline Peterson gave them.

In his new book, Drew Peterson Exposed, author Derek Armstrong writes at one point about two separate polygraph tests that the former Bolingbrook cop agreed to take amid questions about the death of his third wife, Kathleen Savio, and the disappearance of his fourth wife, Stacy Peterson. The tests were administered by polygrapher Lee McCord. In an excerpt from the book, Peterson and his attorney Joel Brodsky hear about the results:

Lee McCord refers to the chart and his notes as he gives them the results. A patient Drew Peterson and a less-patient Joel Brodsky sit opposite him, waiting for the results.

"To the question 'On Sunday October 28, 2007, did you last see your wife Stacy in your home before going to bed after coming home from work?' you answered Yes. This is a deceptive answer."

He waits for a reaction. He sees none.

"To the question 'Did you have any involvement in the physical removal of your wife Stacy from your home on Sunday October 28, 2007?' you answered No. There is no deception."

Still no reaction.

"To the question 'Did you in any way physically harm your wife Stacy during the time she disappeared?' you answered No. There is no deception."

Peterson stares at the chart.

"To the question 'Do you know the whereabouts of your wife Stacy?' you answered No. This was a deceptive answer."

"To the question 'Did you receive a phone call from your wife Stacy on the evening of October 28th, 2007, telling you that she was leaving you?' You answered Yes. This was a deceptive answer."

"To the question 'Did your wife Stacy call you on Sunday, October 28th, 2007, and tell you that if you wanted the car it was parked at the Clow Airport?' you answered Yes. There was no deception."

Peterson nods. "Thank you."

In another excerpt, the author examines the results of the polygraph tests:

On the key questions of whether he harmed either wife, the answers seems to be conclusively no, he did not harm them. Assuming we accept the researched statistics on polygraph reliability, there is between an 86 percent and 98 percent likelihood Drew Peterson is not guilty.

His ordeal of "trial by media" was perhaps unnecessary.

Of course two questions remain. He may not have harmed either wife, but why is he being deceptive regarding the less important questions regarding seeing Stacy after he went to bed the morning of Oct. 28, 2007 and whether she called to tell him she was leaving? My theory is a personal one. There is some ego involved here. He has given his timeline and explanations of events as he remembers them. The polygraph might point to errors or deliberate oversights on two key points, but his pride or ego won't allow him to clarify.

I propose this theory after having spent a lot of time with this enigmatic man. He strikes me as a misunderstood man, a good father, a moral enigma, but not a killer. Is he a liar? Perhaps in areas that might affect the opinion of his children.

In Peterson's world, his children are everything.

Did Peterson distort the truth on these two key points of seeing Stacy and her calling to say she was leaving him because this truthful answer would be less appetizing to his children? I think this might be the case, but it's only my opinion. A plausible one, but not definitive.

- - -

DREW'S OWN ACCOUNT OF HIS WHEREABOUTS

In the new book Drew Peterson Exposed, the former Bolingbrook cop for the first time provides his own detailed account of his actions on Oct. 28, 2007 -- the day his fourth wife, Stacy Peterson, disappeared:

5:30-6 a.m.

- Comes home from work at Bolingbrook Police Department.

- Talked to Stacy, who said she was going to visit her grandfather.

- Went to sleep.

10-10:30 a.m. (perhaps as late as 11 a.m.)

- Awakened by children.

- Stacy gone, kids home.

Noon-1 p.m.

- At home with kids.

1-1:30 PM

- Children at home (Tom and Kris watching Anthony and Lacy).

- Goes out to run Sunday errands.

2 p.m.

- Calls work (Bolingbrook police). Takes the night off. (Did this because he was retiring in December and had accumulated sick time to use or lose.)

3:15 p.m.

- Tom, his 14-year-old son, is picked up by friends for a band concert.

6 p.m.

- Takes Kris, Anthony and Lacy to McDonald's. They have dinner and play at the playground at McDonald's.

7:30 p.m.

- Returns home with Kris, Anthony and Lacy.

8 p.m.

- Tom gets home from band concert.

9 p.m.

- At home, receives call from Stacy that she found someone and is leaving.

9:15 p.m.

- Leaves home to go and look for Stacy.

11-11:30 p.m.

- Returns home.

- Gets call from Stacy's sister, Cassandra Cales while still in the driveway. Tells her Stacy called and said she left with another man and took her passport, money and clothes.

11:45 p.m.

- Walks and gets Stacy's car and drives it home.

Midnight

- Gets home and goes to bed.

Around 2:30 a.m.

- Gets call from Bolingbrook police telling him Cales is filing a missing-persons report regarding Stacy.

- Vaguely recalls getting another call, maybe from Cassandra's friend Bruce Zidrach. (Very tired and does not have a clear recollection of this call.)

http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:862896119&start=1

jjayinthemorning
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1072 on: October 06, 2008, 07:16:52 PM »

ok, so he didn't remove his wife on Oct 28th. It was another day then. He's a freeking murderer and I hope he goes to jail.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1073 on: October 10, 2008, 08:24:43 PM »

Hey Monkeys ... don't miss Dana's show tonight ... its a good one.

Better than anything on cable. Check out the guests:

Tonight guests:

Dana moderates the discussion with Derek Armstrong, author of Drew Peterson Exposed, Drew Peterson and his attorney Joel Brodsky. A Scared Monkeys Radio Exclusive! All three guests will be “exposed” and discuss the book and its accusations.

Bail Bondsman Leonard Padilla discusses developments in the Cindy Anthony case

Criminal profiler Pat Brown discusses OJ, Casey Anthony and Drew Peterson

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1074 on: October 20, 2008, 02:08:54 PM »

Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1075 on: October 20, 2008, 07:26:43 PM »

I do not know if I should post this here if not Klaas feel free to remove it.

Drew Peterson's son gets new suspension
October 17, 2008 at 7:17 PM | Comments (5)

As he waits for an appeal of an 8-day suspension meted out in April, an Oak Brook police officer was handed a stiffer punishment for running unauthorized computer checks of village staffers' vehicles, authorities said today.

Stephen Peterson misused the Police Department's mobile data system to run license tags of more than 10 village personnel, including Village Manager David Niemeyer and Deputy Police Chief Steve Larson, the village's Police and Fire Commission ruled Thursday, suspending Peterson for 25 days.

The three-member panel also agreed with Police Chief Thomas Sheahan that Peterson made improper personal queries on the Law Enforcement Agency Data Systems computer.

Peterson argued that he was making random checks, as allowed under department policy, and that he typically checks 50 to 100 license plates each shift.

Peterson will be given the opportunity to appeal the ruling before the suspension is enforced. A DuPage County judge in January will consider his appeal of the suspension he received for being in uniform and driving a squad car, without permission from superiors, when he appeared at a Will County grand jury.

The panel was investigating the role of his father, former Bolingbrook Police Sgt. Drew Peterson in the disappearance of Drew Peterson's fourth wife, Stacy.

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2008/10/drew-petersons-son-gets-new-suspension.html

Just a swinging with the tribe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1076 on: October 23, 2008, 10:39:53 AM »

Chicago Sun Times

October 23, 2008 Thursday
Final Edition 

Answer on Peterson wife?; Prosecutor close to solving case -- won't say which one ........

It has taken nearly a year, but Will County prosecutors say they are finally close to determining exactly what happened to one of Drew Peterson's wives.

Will County State's Attorney James Glasgow won't say which case he is close to solving -- the 2004 death of Kathleen Savio or the Oct. 28, 2007, disappearance of Stacy Peterson.

Describing the ongoing investigations into the fate of the two women as "highly productive," Glasgow said Wednesday he expects to have some answers soon.

"I fully expect there to be a resolution in at least one of these investigations in the near future," Glasgow said in a statement timed for the one-year anniversary of Stacy Peterson's disappearance.

But he offered no new details, and attorneys for former Bolingbrook cop Drew Peterson -- who has been labeled a suspect in Stacy's disappearance -- dismissed Glasgow's assessment as nothing new.

"That's the same stuff we've been hearing for quite a while. There's nothing there that's causing us any concern," said Joel Brodsky, who said Peterson had nothing to do with Stacy's disappearance or Savio's death.

Stacy Peterson -- Drew Peterson's fourth wife -- was 23 when she vanished last fall from the couple's Bolingbrook home. He contends that she left him voluntarily, possibly for another man.

After she disappeared, authorities reviewed Savio's bathtub drowning death, which originally was ruled an accident. A new investigation concluded that Savio -- who had recently divorced Drew Peterson -- was murdered.

Family members of the two women said they're heartened by Glasgow's optimism.

"To us, it's hopeful," said Pam Bosco, a spokeswoman for Stacy Peterson's relatives.

Savio's sister Anna Doman offered a similar sentiment.

"I'm hoping something happens," she said. "There's no way I'm giving up hope of finding out what happened."

Comment at suntimes.com. 

The one-year anniversary of Stacy Peterson's disappearance is Oct. 28. Her husband Drew Peterson is a suspect.
 http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:872931333&start=3

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1077 on: October 27, 2008, 04:45:14 PM »

Chicago Sun Times

October 27, 2008 Monday

Charges coming in Peterson case?  State's attorney expects 'resolution,' Drew just shrugs  Rolling Eyes

To mark the year that has passed since Stacy Peterson vanished, her sister and closest relatives will mourn privately, while neighbors hold a memorial vigil.

Drew Peterson has different plans for Tuesday: He's going on TV to talk about the disappearance of his fourth wife -- and the mysterious 2004 drowning death of his third wife.

"I'm not going to be here. I'm going to do some New York show," said Peterson, the former Bolingbrook cop who has been named the sole suspect in Stacy's disappearance but has continued to insist in media interviews that his 23-year-old wife voluntarily left him for another man.

But a year later, Will County authorities abruptly have signalled that some charges may be coming in Stacy Peterson's disappearance or Savio's death, which initially was classified an accident. After Stacy's disappearance, authorities exhumed Savio's body, conducted a second autopsy and labeled her bathtub drowning a homicide.

Calling the investigations into the two cases "highly productive," Will County State's Attorney James Glasgow last week said he expected to conclude one of the probes shortly.

"I fully expect there to be a resolution in at least one of these investigations in the near future," Glasgow said in a written statement.

A key issue in filing charges could be new legislation Glasgow is pushing that would allow so-called "hearsay evidence" from absent witnesses to be presented in murder trials. The proposed law Glasgow is backing would allow a judge to determine whether previous statements made by a witness -- even a murder victim -- could be admitted as trial evidence if prosecutors prove the defendant is responsible for the witness not being able to testify personally.

Both Savio and Stacy Peterson reportedly told friends they feared Drew Peterson --statements prosecutors conceivably could use against him if the hearsay bill becomes law later this year.

Their relatives remain upbeat that they ultimately will see criminal charges filed.

"I know something is coming," Stacy's sister Cassandra Cales said. "The wheels of justice turn slowly, but they're going to turn."

Savio's sister, Anna Doman, thinks charges in her sister's death aren't far off.

"This is gonna happen, I'm just not sure when," Doman said.

Peterson, who denies any wrongdoing, shrugged off Glasgow's efforts to enact the hearsay law and his recent pronouncement that he expects action soon in at least one of the cases.

"I'm just kind of numb to it all," said Peterson.

Attorney Joel Brodsky tied Glasgow's recent statements to his upcoming, contested Nov. 4 election and flatly predicted Peterson doesn't have to worry about standing trial.

"He's not going to be charged in either case," Brodsky said.

Comment at suntimes.com. 
http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:874823536&start=2

Monkey See Monkey Don't Do
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1078 on: October 28, 2008, 09:19:04 AM »

Chicago Sun Times

August 19, 2008 Tuesday

Stacy Peterson supporters lose push for coroner referendum

Despite prodding by friends and relatives of Stacy Peterson, Will County board members decided Monday not to ask voters if they favor replacing the elected coroner with an appointed medical examiner.

The debate over putting a referendum question on the November ballot became entwined with the the disappearance last fall of Peterson of the Bolingbrook. Police say her husband, Drew, is a suspect in her disappearance. Police are also investigating the 2004 death of Peterson's third wife, Kathleen Savio.

Savio was found drowned in her bathtub, and a coroner's jury concluded that her death was accidental. After Stacy Peterson disappeared, Savio's death was re-investigated. Authorities now say she was a victim of homicide.

Nearly a dozen friends and relatives of Stacy Peterson attended the hearing in support of the referendum. They attribute the mistake in ruling Savio's death accidental at least partly to the coroner's office.

"I believe in my heart that had Kathleen Savio's case been properly handled, my sister would most likely be alive today," Peterson's sister, Cassandra Cales, tearfully told county board members.

Several county board members who backed the referendum also cited that case, contending it showed the coroner's system needs to be replaced.

"Clearly, something went wrong," said Republican board member Kathleen Konicki, referring to the Savio case. "I can't get away with telling my citizens we have a great system. It failed."

Coroner Patrick O'Neil didn't specifically address the Savio case, but said replacing an elected coroner wouldn't improve the way deaths are investigated.

"The cost would be higher and the results would be the same," said O'Neil, a Democrat.

Comment at suntimes.com. 
http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:838988840&start=1

That sick bastard deserves EVERYTHING that's coming to him! Also I'm alittle confused about something, He was on the radio for scared monkey's and he said he passed the lie detector test and his attorney was with him on their as well. I'm NOT defending by far, but i'm in total shock at the moment. 

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1079 on: October 28, 2008, 02:10:44 PM »

Drew Peterson to missing wife Stacy: ‘Show yourself’

Despite results of polygraph test, he contends she ran off
with another man Rolling Eyes

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27416095/

By Mike Celizic
TODAYShow.com contributor
updated 8:14 a.m. ET, Tues., Oct. 28, 2008
On the one-year anniversary of the disappearance of Stacy Peterson, her husband, former police sergeant Drew Peterson, said he has no idea why three answers he gave during a polygraph examination related to the disappearance were judged to be deceptive.

“I have no idea,” Peterson told TODAY’s Matt Lauer Tuesday in New York. “I have no real knowledge of the operations of the polygraph.”

Questions and answers
Peterson had agreed to take the examination at the request of Derek Armstrong, the author of the recently published book “Drew Peterson Exposed.” His attorney, Joel Brodsky, who accompanied his client to New York, told Lauer he advised Peterson not to take the test because Brodsky doesn’t trust the so-called lie detector.

According to transcripts of the examination released by Armstrong, Peterson was deceptive when he said Stacy Peterson called to tell him she was leaving him; when he said he did not know where she was; and when he said he had seen her the night before she vanished.

Peterson’s replies to three other questions regarding Stacy were deemed not deceptive by the polygraph operator. Those were denials that he harmed his wife during the time she disappeared or that he was involved in physically removing her from their home, and an affirmation that she had called him to tell him where her car was parked after she left.

It had been reported that Brodsky crafted all the questions asked of his client, including four involving the 2003 death of his third wife, Kathleen Savio, who was found dead in her bathtub. Initially ruled a suicide, that death was ruled a homicide last year after the body was exhumed and another autopsy conducted.

Brodsky told Lauer he had nothing to do with writing the questions. He also said that Peterson was deemed to be not deceptive in his answers to questions about Savio’s death.

Peterson received no money for his cooperation with Armstrong, who told NBC News that when he examined all the evidence in the case, he began to believe Peterson may have killed the 23-year-old Stacy Peterson as well as his third wife, Kathleen Savio.

“I started to come to the conclusion in my own mind that he might be guilty,” Armstrong said.

Pushing for new law
While Peterson was in New York, Stacy Peterson’s family and friends were putting out flowers and candles and planning a prayer vigil in Bolingbrook, Ill., where Peterson still lives. Meanwhile, Peterson was in New York repeating his claim that she ran away with another man.

“I will be with the children later on this evening,” he told Lauer, who was the first national reporter Peterson spoke to after Stacy’s disappearance. “We figured that we had to talk with somebody. We’re pretty much consistent. We started with you and we’ll finish with you.”

Peterson said his two teenage sons by Savio understand their father’s situation, while the small children have become accustomed to life without their mother.

“The frequency of the questions are becoming less and less,” he said of the two young children. “It’s more or less becoming commonplace that she’s not there.”

Peterson has not been charged in connection with either Savio’s death or Stacy’s disappearance. But James Glasgow, the Will County, Ill., State’s Attorney, is pushing for a state law that would allow hearsay evidence to be heard in court if the evidence came from an absent witness, if the judge determined the defendant is responsible for the absence of the witness.

Such a law would allow relatives and friends of Savio and Stacy Peterson to testify about what the women told them regarding Peterson. A minister has told the media that Stacy told him her husband admitted to killing Savio. Relatives of Savio and Stacy Peterson have said they expressed fears that Peterson would kill them.

Brodsky praised Glasgow’s work as state's attorney, but said that he is up for reelection next week and is pushing the law for political purposes.

‘Show yourself’
Lauer asked Peterson if he understands why many believe he killed both Savio and Stacy.

“I understand very well,” he replied. “The media’s done everything they can to keep me in a position looking guilty.”

Lauer then asked if Peterson expects to be charged with murder and tried.

“I really don’t know. I would hope not,” Peterson answered. “All I can do is mentally prepare for it and prepare for the well-being of my children.”

Lauer also asked whether Peterson still believes Stacy Peterson ran away with another man, as he has maintained since her disappearance.

“I still believe that, yes. I have nothing to believe otherwise,” he said.

Finally, Lauer asked what Peterson would say to Stacy if she was alive and listening to the show.

“Show yourself,” he said. “Put an end to this nightmare.”

Four wives
Peterson, 54, retired last year from the Bolingbrook, Ill., Police Department as a sergeant after 29 years of service. The retirement followed shortly after Stacy Peterson disappeared, and Peterson reportedly collects a $5,800 monthly pension.

He has been married four times. His first wife, Carol Brown, divorced him in 1980 after six years of marriage partly because he was unfaithful. His second marriage, to Vicki Connolly, ended after 10 years. Connolly later told reporters that he had physically abused her during the marriage.

More at the link above.....

He is so full of shit he stinks Rolling Eyes

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.