March 29, 2024, 07:26:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stacy Ann Peterson 23, Bolingbrook IL - Missing 10/28/07 #1  (Read 1030287 times)
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #1080 on: October 29, 2008, 01:30:49 PM »

Wow,  I just came here to catch any new updates since it seems like ages, but low and behold, leave it to the Monkeys to dig up info!  Drew hasn't been on t.v. for awhile that I've seen,  so assumed there wasn't anything.

I'm so glad something is happening soon.  My guess its for Kathleen since they actually had her body to find forensics from.   I pray for Savio family and the peace they so much deserve as well as for Stacy's.   AND those poor "innocent' children living and learning from there sociopath, narcisstic father!

He needs to join Scott Peterson and Casey Anthony in prison!!   What a team they would Be!  Then throw in Joran.   Scary, huh?

Anyhow, thanks for all the updates, I'm surprised nothing has been on the news.   I CAN'T WAIT until the elections are over and we can begin to get more updates from the media, especially Greta.

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1081 on: November 01, 2008, 05:18:38 AM »

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1082 on: November 10, 2008, 03:02:19 PM »

Drew Peterson Calls Missing Wife 'Little Girl' on Dr. Phil
Monday, November 10, 2008

The husband and suspect in the disappearance of a suburban Chicago mom called his missing wife "a little girl" in an appearance on the "Dr. Phil" Show to air Monday.

Drew Peterson sat down with Dr. Phil McGraw last month in Los Angeles to speak about his 23-year-old wife Stacy Peterson, who vanished on Oct. 28, 2007, from her Bolingbrook, Ill., home. Drew Peterson has been named a suspect in her disappearance, and in the months following, police exhumed the body of his third wife, Kathleen Savio, and reclassified her death as a homicide.

Click here for photos.

"Nobody makes it easy for her to reappear," Drew Peterson said of Stacy in a video clip posted to Dr. Phil's YouTube site. "I mean why would anybody want to come back to this hellstorm that’s been created or to possibility of some sort of criminal prosecution? She’s a little girl and why would she want to come back to that."

In the promotional clip, Dr. Phil asks Drew Peterson why he's appeared so emotionally distant during the yearlong search for the missing mom.

“We’ve definitely looked for her with private investigators," Drew Peterson said.
But shown emotion? I’ve been a policeman for 32 years."

"But this isn’t about a case, this is about your wife," Dr. Phil said.

"It has to do with how you are, what you grow into. And being a policeman for 32 years, you’re trained and you live life not showing emotion," Drew Peterson responded. "It’s rare that anybody sees emotion out of me, and there’s really no book written anywhere that you can read and tell you how to act or how to be when this type of thing happens."

The former police officer's publicist said in a news release Sunday that Drew Peterson's decision to sit down with Dr. Phil is perhaps "the boldest move yet to prove his innocence."

Glenn Selig, Drew Peterson's publicist, maintained his client's innocence in both Stacy Peterson's disappearance as well as Kathleen Savio's death.

Last month, Will County State's Attorney James Glasgow issued a statement about the Savio and Stacy Peterson cases, indicating that a special grand jury is still weighing evidence in both.

"I fully expect there to be a resolution in at least one of these investigations in the near future," Glasgow said.

Drew Peterson currently faces felony charges in connection to illegal guns found in his home.

Click here to watch the YouTube clip.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,449304,00.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1083 on: November 14, 2008, 08:51:16 AM »

Chicago Tribune

November 13, 2008 Thursday

Defense seeks documents;
Drew Peterson's lawyers focus on gun-case timeline

Authorities used "vindictive and selective" prosecution in their case against former Bolingbrook Police Sgt. Drew Peterson, his legal team argued in Will County Court on Wednesday.

Peterson, 54, is facing felony gun charges for allegedly possessing a modified assault rifle with a barrel of less than 16 inches. Authorities seized the rifle, along with other weapons, after search warrants were executed last November in the investigation into the Oct. 28, 2007, disappearance of Peterson's fourth wife, Stacy.

But Peterson's attorney Joel Brodsky questioned the timeline of how the gun case unfolded. In February, police revoked Peterson's firearm owner's identification card after a judge ruled that his firearms should be returned because Peterson had a valid FOID card. In May, Peterson was arrested for owning the rifle on the eve of learning from the judge whether the guns could be turned over to his son Stephen, an Oak Brook police officer.

Brodsky is requesting that prosecutors turn over documents from the time leading up to the charges against his client.

"This timeline proves with more than sufficient evidence that the reason to do this is to punish Mr. Drew Peterson for exercising his constitutional rights," Brodsky said.

Peterson, who is the suspect in his missing wife's disappearance, has said she ran off. Authorities are also conducting a murder investigation in the 2004 death of his third wife, Kathleen Savio. Peterson maintains his innocence and has said he used the rifle as a SWAT team member for the Bolingbrook Police Department.

Will County Assistant State's Atty. Dede Osterberger argued against giving the defense "privileged information."

"We strongly argue against this case, judge, because we think that the defense is engaging in a fishing expedition," she said.

Judge Richard Schoenstedt, who was battling a cold and losing his voice, said he would defer his ruling until the next scheduled hearing, on Nov. 20.

In Springfield, the state Senate voted 55-0 on a bill that could affect a potential prosecution against Peterson in the case of either one of his wives.

The bill, which is backed by the Will County state's attorney's office, would allow a judge to admit hearsay evidence into court for first-degree murder cases if the prosecution could prove that the defendant killed a witness to prevent testimony.

The Senate vote accepted a change proposed by Gov. Rod Blagojevich that would allow the legislation to become effective as soon as the House, scheduled to meet next week, votes to go along.

Peterson's wives had told family and friends that they were fearful of Peterson. Stacy Peterson also told her minister that her husband had allegedly confessed to her that he killed Savio, according to the minister.
http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:883691534&start=16

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1084 on: November 18, 2008, 08:07:03 PM »

Chicago Sun Times

November 18, 2008 Tuesday

Drew may divorce Stacy; Rolling Eyes
He talks with family law attorney

His fourth wife vanished more than a year ago -- and now ex-Bolingbrook cop Drew Peterson is considering making the separation official.

Peterson last week consulted with a high-profile Chicago attorney about possibly divorcing his missing 23-year-old wife, Stacy.

During the Nov. 11 meeting with family law attorney Jeffery Leving, Peterson discussed his legal options following Stacy's Oct. 28, 2007, disappearance, said Peterson's criminal defense attorney Joel Brodsky.

"All he's done is consult with him," Brodsky said. "Nothing has been finalized. No decisions have been made."

The 54-year-old Peterson has been named a suspect by police investigating Stacy's disappearance. Investigators also have reclassified as a murder the 2004 drowning death of Peterson's third wife, Kathleen Savio, which originally had been ruled an accident.

Peterson has denied wrongdoing in both cases.

Under Illinois law, a divorce can be granted for desertion or abandonment after a spouse has been gone for more than a year. Peterson has contended his wife left him voluntarily.

Leving, who advertises himself as an advocate for fathers' rights in divorce actions, confirmed he met last week with Peterson, but said he hasn't been retained to represent him. 
http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:886010626&start=3

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1085 on: November 20, 2008, 07:08:50 PM »

Chicago Sun Times

November 20, 2008 Thursday

'Drew Peterson law' OKd; Move could help prosecutors in their case against former cop

Will County prosecutors Wednesday received a new legal weapon they can use to investigate the murder of one of Drew Peterson's wives and the disappearance of another.

But it's not clear if the measure overwhelmingly approved by the Illinois House will lead to criminal charges against the former Bolingbrook police sergeant -- or if the law will pass constitutional muster.

The change lets prosecutors use at trial so-called "hearsay" evidence from witnesses who may have been murdered by a defendant to stop them from testifying.

Pushed by Will County State's Attorney James Glasgow, the new law could apply to Peterson's missing fourth wife, Stacy Peterson, 23. State Police have labeled Drew Peterson a suspect in Stacy's "potential homicide."

A minister has contended Stacy told him Drew Peterson had killed his previous wife, Kathleen Savio.

The law might also come into play in Savio's 2004 drowning. She sent a letter to a prosecutor that said Peterson "knows how to manipulate the system, and his next step is to take my children away. Or kill me instead."

The new law left Drew Peterson unfazed as he prepared for a court appearance today on a gun charge. Peterson said he expects nothing more than "another day in beautiful downtown Joliet."

The law allows a judge to determine whether previous statements made by a murder victim could be admitted as trial evidence if prosecutors prove the defendant is responsible for the witness not being able to testify.

The law's Democratic sponsors have walked on legislative eggshells to avoid linking the ex-cop's name to the bill. Nonetheless, it is known as the "Drew Peterson bill" at the Statehouse. A GOP staff analysis goes so far as to say the legislation is "in response to the Drew Peterson case."

OTHER EXCEPTIONS IN LEGAL RULES

The new state law allowing hearsay statements from murdered witnesses to be used as evidence joins about 40 other exceptions to legal rules requiring witnesses to testify in court. Some other key exceptions are:

- Dying declaration: Statements from a dying crime victim naming his killer are typically allowed in criminal cases -- a legal practice dating back centuries.

- Child sex abuse: Children claiming to have been sexually abused aren't required to testify personally. Their statements to social workers or counselors about abuse can be admitted as evidence during trial.

- Elder abuse: Statements from elderly adults about physical abuse, neglect or financial fraud are typically allowed if the adult can't testify because of physical or mental disabilities.
http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:887433357&start=4

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1086 on: November 20, 2008, 08:04:38 PM »

LOOKING 4 LINKS.....ALL GUN CHARGES DROPPED.....MURDER CHARGES COMING....not sure if re: Stacy OR K.Savio. Stay tuned!

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1087 on: November 20, 2008, 08:18:25 PM »

Gun charges dropped against Drew Peterson
By DON BABWIN – 40 minutes ago

JOLIET, Ill. (AP) — A judge dismissed felony gun charges Thursday against Drew Peterson after prosecutors refused to hand over internal documents leading to their decision to arrest the former Bolingbrook police sergeant, who is suspected in the disappearance of his wife.

In a tense hearing, Judge Richard Schoenstedt ruled that prosecutors must comply with his order to give defense attorneys the documents, which are communication between Illinois State Police and the Will County state's attorney's office. Neither attorneys nor Schoenstedt outlined specifically what is in those documents.

Schoenstedt warned prosecutors that if they did not hand over the documents, he could dismiss the charges. Will County prosecutor John Connor refused, telling the judge he understood the consequences but saying such a move would open a "flood gate" for future cases.

"We don't want to subject every prosecutor in the country to have to turn over internal documents," he said.

Peterson and attorney Joel Brodsky said they were pleased.

"I love these guys," Peterson said, hugging his attorneys. "It's a big relief. It's a happy day."

Brodsky said it would have been unfair not to have the documents because the information was a big part of the case.

"We believe the only real reason that the state would not want to have turned over those documents is that they would helped us," he said.

Prosecutors can appeal to a state appellate court, but if they lose they cannot refile charges against Peterson, Brodsky said.

Connor said the office would appeal the decision, the latest setback for prosecutors, who have investigated Peterson for more than a year.

The felony gun charges stemmed from an investigation into the disappearance of Peterson's wife, Stacy. He was charged with owning an assault rifle with a barrel shorter than allowed by state law.

The gun was one of several weapons seized by state police investigators during a search of Peterson's Bolingbrook home after Stacy Peterson vanished on Oct. 28, 2007. Peterson, 54, is a suspect in the disappearance but has not been charged, and he has repeatedly said he thinks his wife ran off with another man.

A legal battle over the weapons ensued, with Brodsky trying to persuade the judge to order authorities to give them back to his client, just as he had successfully won a court order forcing them to return Peterson's vehicles, computers and other belongings.

But in the midst of that battle, Will County prosecutors charged Peterson with unlawful use of a weapon, contending that the assault rifle was illegal under Illinois law because the barrel was too short.

Since the charges were announced, Brodsky has contended that Peterson did not break the law because the weapons that officers use as part of their duties are exempt from the length provision.

Peterson used the weapon as part of his duties on the Bolingbrook Police Department's SWAT unit, Brodsky said.

Brodsky has also accused prosecutors of "vindictive prosecution," saying the charges were filed to punish Peterson because he prevailed in winning court orders that prosecutors had fought, including one that forced authorities to turn weapons over to Peterson's adult son.

Authorities are also investigating the death of Peterson's third wife, Kathleen Savio, whose body was found in an empty bathtub in her house in 2004. After Stacy Peterson disappeared, investigators reopened the investigation of Savio's death.

Following the exhumation of her body and an autopsy, her death was reclassified as a homicide. Peterson has not been named a suspect in her death.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5g9LSLrzFQGStXb1io5FdErAtFFKgD94J07AG3

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1088 on: November 20, 2008, 08:20:55 PM »

Originally posted: November 19, 2008

House passes 'Drew Peterson law'

SPRINGFIELD---The House today voted 109-0 to put into law a bill that could affect a potential prosecution against former Bolingbrook Police Sgt. Drew Peterson in the cases of either one of his last two wives.

The bill, which is backed by the Will County state's attorney's office, would allow a judge to admit hearsay evidence into court for first-degree murder cases if the prosecution could prove that the defendant killed a witness to prevent testimony.

The House vote followed Senate approval a week before. Their votes meant lawmakers accepted changes proposed by Gov. Rod Blagojevich that allowed the law to become effective as soon as the House approved the measure.

Peterson's last two wives had told family and friends that they were fearful of Peterson, who is a suspect in the Oct. 28, 2007, disappearance in his fourth wife, Stacy Peterson. In addition, Stacy Peterson also told her minister that her husband had allegedly confessed to her that he killed his third wife, Kathleen Savio, according to the minister.
http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com/clout_st/2008/11/house-passes-dr.html

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1089 on: November 20, 2008, 08:23:01 PM »

Some "Hearsay" Testimony Now Permissable
Testimony from witnesses who are now dead can be considered at Illinois murder trials, under a new law that's now in place, with both houses of the General Assembly having accepted the governor's minor amendatory veto. The parameters of this law, an exception to hearsay rules, fit the specifics of the investigation into Drew Peterson. The former Bolingbrook police officer has been questioned in the disappearance of his wife, Stacy, more than a year ago. Authorities are also looking into the death of one of Peterson's ex-wives.

The House sponsor, State Rep. Careen Gordon (D-Coal City), says as a former prosecutor, the law is a big step for victims' rights -- and it's a law other states have adopted as well. She would not say whether the law is inspired by the headlines, not even mentioning Drew Peterson's name.

State Rep. Jack Franks (D-Woodstock) noted it's interesting Gov. Rod Blagojevich changed the law so it's effective immediately -- rather than Jan. 1, about six weeks from now. State Rep. John Fritchey (D-Chicago) also had some misgivings about a law that looks like it's motivated by one case that's in the news. Fritchey cast a "present" vote.

The governor's change to S.B. 2718 passed the House on Wednesday 109-0. The Senate accepted the amendatory veto lst week, 55-0.

(Illinois Radio Network)

11 20 08 by Newsroom
http://www.wgil.com/localnews.php?xnewsaction=fullnews&newsarch=112008&newsid=193

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1090 on: November 20, 2008, 08:31:51 PM »

LOOKING 4 LINKS.....ALL GUN CHARGES DROPPED.....MURDER CHARGES COMING....not sure if re: Stacy OR K.Savio. Stay tuned!

I hope they will start with the one they have the best chance of nailing him on.  I will definitely be watching this spot, Nut!  Thank you for updating. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
JustMeT
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1091 on: November 22, 2008, 01:50:29 AM »

Oh wow. Vindictive Prosecution is right. Glad they dropped that nonsense.

Now bring on the real charges!!

From Day One..
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1092 on: December 05, 2008, 09:45:05 AM »

Original report of remains found in Wisconsin woods>
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27891997/

Chances Are Slim that Body is Stacy Peterson's
updated 7:15 p.m. ET, Thurs., Dec. 4, 2008
The search for Stacy Peterson has moved across the border into Wisconsin. Illinois state police are speaking with officers in Fond du Lac after hunters there found the body of a young woman. The chances that the body is Peterson's are very slim, police said. The 23-year-old disappeared more than a year ago. Her husband, Drew, is considered a suspect.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28059704/

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1093 on: December 05, 2008, 09:46:25 AM »

Sheriff: Wis. remains unlikely missing Ill. woman
By ROBERT IMRIE | Associated Press Writer
3:29 PM CST, December 4, 2008
WAUSAU, Wis. - Deer hunters find skeletal remains buried in two remote places nearly 100 miles apart in eastern Wisconsin. Brown County investigators identify theirs quickly. Fond du Lac County officials aren't so lucky.

After nearly two weeks and inquiries from 18 law enforcement agencies, Fond du Lac County Sheriff Mick Fink said Thursday he has no leads into the young woman's identity.

"Somebody saying, 'Hey my kid is missing or my wife is missing and I think John Doe murdered her,' none of that," Fink said. "It doesn't appear to be a high profile local missing person or even statewide in Wisconsin. At this point, we don't see that."

That rules out Laurie Depies, who was 20 when she disappeared Aug. 19, 1992, from a parking lot at a town of Menasha apartment complex where her boyfriend lived. And University of Wisconsin-Green Bay student Amber Wilde, 19, who was 4 1/2 months pregnant when she vanished Sept. 23, 1998, in Green Bay.

Fink said he also doesn't think the body belongs to Stacy Peterson, the young suburban Chicago police officer's wife whose disappearance has drawn national attention.

For now, Fink calls the partially decomposed body found Nov. 23 in a creek 17 miles south of Fond du Lac "Jane Doe." He believes she's a homicide victim who's been dead months, not years.

"I am hoping the forensic people can come back with something," he said.

The Wisconsin Clearinghouse for Missing & Exploited Children & Adults listed 32 adults and 10 children as missing Thursday in Wisconsin, the longest being a Mauston woman who disappeared in 1949. Thirty have been missing since 2000.

Excluding Fond du Lac County's Jane Doe, seven other bodies found in the state since 1977 remain unidentified, the Clearinghouse said.

Fink said his detectives have identified 24 girls described as missing and exploited children in Wisconsin, Minnesota and Michigan who "kind of fit our description" and are sorting through those.

On Wednesday, remains found by hunters Nov. 26 in a shallow grave in rural Brown County were identified as Areerat Chuprevich, a 32-year-old Allouez woman missing since April 2003. Investigators said she died of a gunshot wound to the head.

A suspect in the killing, Chuprevich's 41-year-old stepson-in-law, hung himself in prison in 2006, investigators said.

Fink said Brown County had a big advantage -- they had a person missing under suspicious circumstances and dental records to compare to the remains.

In Fink's case, all investigators know is: the remains are those of a physically mature, Caucasian woman, maybe as young as 14 or as old as 40. The cause of death is unknown, but investigators found no evidence of suicide, and there's no explanation for why she was found in an isolated, rural area.

Investigators sent insects located near the body to an expert at Purdue University who "hopefully can give us some rough time frame of how long the body has been there," Fink said.

Other forensic specialists are working to get a good sample of DNA from either her teeth or bones, the sheriff said.

Police inquiries about the remains have come from Illinois, Minnesota and Wisconsin, Fink said.

Illinois investigators asked whether the remains could be Peterson, the 23-year-old Bolingbrook, Ill., woman who vanished Oct. 28, 2007, Fink said.

"It is very slim, probably outside the realm of possibility, that this is Stacy Peterson," he said. "Based on their known facts and what we know."

Peterson's husband, 54-year-old Drew Peterson, a former Bolingbrook police sergeant, is a suspect in her disappearance. He has not been charged and has repeatedly said he thinks his wife ran off with another man and is alive.

Sgt. Tom Burek, a spokesman for the Illinois State Police, which is leading the Peterson investigation, said he was unaware of any inquiries made in Wisconsin. "I don't get briefed every time something is discovered," he said.

Fink said the discovery of Jane Doe's remains prompted a call from some worried parents from Hartford who hadn't heard from their daughter in a while. The lead was promising, given Hartford wasn't that far from the discovery site.

"But we found her alive and well," the sheriff said.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-ap-wi-bodyfound,0,163271.story

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1094 on: December 05, 2008, 12:56:04 PM »

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1095 on: December 08, 2008, 02:35:24 AM »

Chicago Sun Times

November 18, 2008 Tuesday

Drew may divorce Stacy; Rolling Eyes
He talks with family law attorney

(...respectively snipped...)

http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:886010626&start=3

Thank you for keeping us updated on this case.  Smile 

I have followed this case from the beginning, and survived the horrible 'forum wars of 2008' related to it.  I finally had to take a major break from all that nastyness, found Scared Monkeys, began following another case, and happy happy happy to have found a place where folks treat each other with respect.  For the most part.   

I do believe that Drew wants to 'divorce' Stacy so that he can hook up with his 5th wife.  Woe to her.  My heart goes out to the Peterson children and teens.  sigh. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1096 on: December 08, 2008, 02:43:09 AM »

The following site has a good collection of everything involved with this case:

http://www.acandyrose.com/stacy_peterson_timeline.htm

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1097 on: December 17, 2008, 10:18:58 AM »

THIS TRULY AMAZES ME.

Drew Peterson Engaged Though Still Married to Missing Wife
Wednesday, December 17, 2008

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,468348,00.html

The former police officer who is a suspect in the disappearance of his fourth wife and whose third wife died suspiciously in a bathtub plans to walk down the aisle for a fifth time

Drew Peterson, 54, is engaged again, his lawyer Joel Brodsky and publicist Glenn Selig confirmed Wednesday to FOXNews.com.

Though Peterson is still married to fourth wife Stacy, who was 23 when she disappeared on Oct. 28, 2007, he has found a new 23-year-old fiancée, he told author Derek Armstrong Tuesday.

Click here for photos.

"The kids have met her," Armstrong told FOXNews.com. "They like her and they know about this engagement."

Peterson had two young children, Anthony, 6, and Lacy, 4, with Stacy Peterson. The missing mother's family contends she is dead.

"Oh my God, I’m speechless," Pam Bosco, a spokeswoman for Stacy Peterson's family told FOXNews.com when informed of the engagement. "History repeats itself, so I imagine that that’s the same situation he had before: He’d be involved with somebody when he was getting rid of the one before."

Armstrong said the new fiancée, whom Peterson refused to identify, lives within 15 minutes of his Bolingbrook, Ill., home. Brodsky and Selig did not identify the woman either.

Selig said the engagement happened "sometime within the last couple of days."

A sticking point for Peterson is his current marriage. Earlier this year, he met with divorce attorney Jeffery Leving to see what his rights to a split might be.

"This is not uncommon for Drew," Selig told FOXNews.com. "When he was married to Kathleen still, he was in the process of divorcing Kathleen when he proposed to Stacy. He’s done this before and, you know, he seems very happy."

Peterson has been at the center of the investigation into Stacy Peterson's whereabouts. After her disappearance, the body of his third wife, Kathleen Savio, was exhumed and her 2004 bathtub drowning death was relabeled a homicide.

Earlier this year, Will County State's Attorney James Glasgow issued a statement about the Savio and Stacy Peterson cases, indicating that a special grand jury is still weighing evidence in both.

"I fully expect there to be a resolution in at least one of these investigations in the near future," Glasgow said.

Stacy Peterson's family is pinning their hopes on that resolution.

"You’ve just got to stay focused on the investigation and hope that as the Illinois state prosecutor said, that they’ll have [it] resolved soon."
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1098 on: December 17, 2008, 11:23:59 AM »

THIS TRULY AMAZES ME.

The former police officer who is a suspect in the disappearance of his fourth wife and whose third wife died suspiciously in a bathtub plans to walk down the aisle for a fifth time

Drew Peterson, 54, is engaged again, his lawyer Joel Brodsky and publicist Glenn Selig confirmed Wednesday to FOXNews.com.

Though Peterson is still married to fourth wife Stacy, who was 23 when she disappeared on Oct. 28, 2007, he has found a new 23-year-old fiancée, he told author Derek Armstrong Tuesday.

Click here for photos.

"The kids have met her," Armstrong told FOXNews.com. "They like her and they know about this engagement."

Peterson had two young children, Anthony, 6, and Lacy, 4, with Stacy Peterson. The missing mother's family contends she is dead.

"Oh my God, I’m speechless," Pam Bosco, a spokeswoman for Stacy Peterson's family told FOXNews.com when informed of the engagement. "History repeats itself, so I imagine that that’s the same situation he had before: He’d be involved with somebody when he was getting rid of the one before."

Armstrong said the new fiancée, whom Peterson refused to identify, lives within 15 minutes of his Bolingbrook, Ill., home. Brodsky and Selig did not identify the woman either.

A sticking point for Peterson is his current marriage. Earlier this year, he met with divorce attorney Jeffery Leving to see what his rights to a split might be.

"This is not uncommon for Drew," Selig told FOXNews.com. "When he was married to Kathleen still, he was in the process of divorcing Kathleen when he proposed to Stacy. He’s done this before and, you know, he seems very happy."

Peterson has been at the center of the investigation into Stacy Peterson's whereabouts. After her disappearance, the body of his third wife, Kathleen Savio, was exhumed and her 2004 bathtub drowning death was relabeled a homicide.

Earlier this year, Will County State's Attorney James Glasgow issued a statement about the Savio and Stacy Peterson cases, indicating that a special grand jury is still weighing evidence in both.

"You’ve just got to stay focused on the investigation and hope that as the Illinois state prosecutor said, that they’ll have [it] resolved soon."

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1099 on: December 17, 2008, 11:31:31 AM »

THIS TRULY AMAZES ME.

Click here for photos.

Could you imagine.  They would both be planning how to murder each other.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.