March 28, 2024, 08:58:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stacy Ann Peterson 23, Bolingbrook IL - Missing 10/28/07 #1  (Read 1030016 times)
mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1280 on: May 25, 2009, 12:54:30 PM »

Very true Klaas. Lisa Stebic had a family member on JVM's show earlier and said that early on the day that she went missing, she was wearing jeans too. This will be a long wait for many people 

I thought Stacy was last seen in red jogging pants....but I do not know for sure...I am going to search

mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1281 on: May 25, 2009, 01:10:59 PM »

Very true Klaas. Lisa Stebic had a family member on JVM's show earlier and said that early on the day that she went missing, she was wearing jeans too. This will be a long wait for many people 

I thought Stacy was last seen in red jogging pants....but I do not know for sure...I am going to search

Stacy was wearing a red jogging suit.. or at least that what was reported ..and if Drew reported that then we know he is lying about what she had on.   So I would bet Stacy had on jeans.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1282 on: May 25, 2009, 07:49:24 PM »

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2009/05/body-des-plaines-river-peterson-stebic.html

Des Plaines River body yields few clues
May 25, 2009 5:30 PM | No Comments
No one knows yet how the body found along the Des Plaines River last week ended up there.

The body is undergoing DNA testing, and officials said results aren't expected for up to two weeks. Sources said they could be returned as early as this week.

Even if the body is identified, further investigation will likely be needed to tell how long it was in the water, or when the person died, said noted forensic pathologist Dr. Michael Baden, who is familiar with the cases of missing Will County women Stacy Peterson and Lisa Stebic.
If the body was submerged, there's little doubt its journey through the debris-filled river was rough. It may have crashed into boat traffic that moves year-round, got stuck on logs and roots, and been impacted by fish, wildlife and the changing currents and temperatures. By the time it arrived onshore, not far from Big Basin Marina near Channahon, only portions of the midsection and partial leg bones were left.

Although a preliminary autopsy last week couldn't say whether the body was that of a man or woman, the race or identity, the remains did hold a few clues. Found with the body were shreds of jeans, meaning the person likely had not been out for a swim and then drowned.

Baden, who is not involved with last week's discovery, said the cause of death may never be known.

"This is the kind of body that could be in the water for one year, or five years, because there was a lot of destruction from the body," he said.  "The first thing is, who is it. Once you know who it is, you can get a better determination of how the body got there."

The DNA could be extracted from bone marrow or other cells, experts said.

"Frankly, you've got bones," said Dr. Peter G. Candel, a pathologist and senior partner at Holy Cross Hospital who is not involved in the investigation. "There is residual cellular material that can be found in the marrow, the bone itself or adherent tissues. ... You just need to get molecules of DNA out to do comparison."

Over the decades, the Des Plaines River has become a dumping ground for bodies, including four victims of John Wayne Gacy. It's at least 9 feet deep and up to 50 feet in places, according to the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. Because of industry in the area, the water is murky and warm and for the most part does not freeze over in winter. Commercial boat traffic is year round. When it rains, the current moves faster, boating officials said.

Bodies decompose faster in warmer waters, said Baden, who performed an autopsy on Kathleen Savio on behalf her family. Drew Peterson is charged with Savio's 2004 death and is a suspect in Stacy Peterson's disappearance. He has denied wrongdoing in both cases.

"Normally what happens in the water, in the northern part of the United States, the bodies that go in cold water will stay under until the water warms up," Baden said. "May is the time in general in the [northern United States] when bodies start coming to the surface."

While DNA may answer some questions about the body, it likely won't reveal exactly what happened.

Stacy Peterson and Stebic have been missing since 2007. Plainfield police have named Stebic's husband, Craig, a "person of interest" in her case. He has denied wrongdoing.

"It's on our minds constantly. Right now, it's all we can think about," said Pam Bosco, a spokeswoman for Stacy Peterson's family. "Whoever this person is, it's going to be good for somebody to get some closure. Our hearts go out to any family in this situation."

--Erika Slife

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1283 on: May 25, 2009, 10:34:36 PM »

Stacy was wearing a red jogging suit.. or at least that what was reported ..and if Drew reported that then we know he is lying about what she had on.   So I would bet Stacy had on jeans.

Exactly!

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1284 on: May 26, 2009, 03:51:56 PM »

Exactly!

And don't forget the bikini she took, along with her passport and $20 grand.

Me thinks that Drew paid the rest of that money to whomever he told to dispose of the body.  Remeber Tom M said Drew gave him money to help him move the barrel.  I think it went into a storage shed ater that night..then he gave the key to the storage shed to someone along with the rest of the money to dispose of the body.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1285 on: May 27, 2009, 04:10:13 AM »

Monkeys, thanks for the Good Works you are doing!

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1286 on: May 27, 2009, 06:58:06 AM »

Has anyone heard anything on how long before the results on the DNA will come back? I think it's Stacey with a blue barrel being found a mile down river. I thought I read where there was some money in the pocket of the partial jeans they found. Can't find the article but am pretty sure it was on the Fox web site when they reported it. Like so many of you I think it's Stacey, I really want the slime ball Drew to get whats coming to him. But wether it's Stacey or Lisa I pray for peace and closer for the families.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1287 on: May 27, 2009, 09:51:54 AM »

After the autopsy was complete, they said apx. 2 weeks. My bet is 3-4. I wish it could be today 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1288 on: May 27, 2009, 01:57:56 PM »

Thanks Nut for answering my question. I wish it were like yesterday too!! Drew is a another slime ball that doesn't deserve the air he breathes.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1289 on: May 27, 2009, 09:00:42 PM »

Remains found near river not Peterson or Stebic
JOLIET, Ill. | Authorities say DNA tests show a headless, armless skeleton found along the Des Plaines River last week was from an unidentified male.

Speculation had swirled about whether the badly decomposed body was Stacy Peterson or Lisa Stebic, two Will County women whose disappearances have drawn national media attention.

Illinois State Police said in a statement Wednesday that an investigation to identify the remains is under way.

The Will County coroner has said the person was dead for several months or more. Results of an autopsy last week were inconclusive, and DNA tests were conducted.

The location of the remains in Will County prompted speculation they were related to the high-profile Peterson and Stebic cases.
http://www.thetimesonline.com/articles/2009/05/27/updates/breaking_news/doc4a1dc63a97c19078124581.txt

anothermonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1290 on: May 27, 2009, 09:57:08 PM »

Darnit!!!

Oh well.. hopefully somebody out there finds out what happened to their loved one. 

Did you hear this disgusting BS about "conjugal visits" with Drew? UGH!!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,522338,00.html?test=latestnews
Drew Peterson Calls Radio Show From Jail, Suggests 'Win a Conjugal Visit With Drew' Contest

WTF is wrong with this guy!!!!  I also can't believe jails let prisoners call up radio stations. 

Denial- turning people crazy all over the world! 
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1291 on: May 28, 2009, 12:54:58 AM »

Drew Peterson Calls Radio Show … Win a Conjugal Visit with Drew Peterson … Hey Drew Don’t Drop the Soap!

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2009/05/27/drew-peterson-calls-radio-show-win-a-conjugal-visit-with-drew-peterson-hey-drew-dont-drop-the-soap/

Hey Drew here’s a suggestion, if you want a conjugal visit so bad maybe the Illinois Department of Corrections can transfer you from the Will County Jail and send you to Stateville Prison where they can see fit to put you into general population. Prior to your arrival, they can reference that you are a wife killing ex-cop. I am sure you will get all the conjugal visits you need, and then some. I am not sure if I would be joking about wanting sex while in jail Drew. Those are words one usually does not say to loud unless one wants to be pinned to a con name Bubba.
anothermonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1292 on: May 28, 2009, 10:31:17 AM »

I wish he would drop the soap.. just once.  Monkey Devil!

Denial- turning people crazy all over the world! 
Ree
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1293 on: May 28, 2009, 01:39:56 PM »

Drew Peterson Calls Radio Show … Win a Conjugal Visit with Drew Peterson … Hey Drew Don’t Drop the Soap!

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2009/05/27/drew-peterson-calls-radio-show-win-a-conjugal-visit-with-drew-peterson-hey-drew-dont-drop-the-soap/

Hey Drew here’s a suggestion, if you want a conjugal visit so bad maybe the Illinois Department of Corrections can transfer you from the Will County Jail and send you to Stateville Prison where they can see fit to put you into general population. Prior to your arrival, they can reference that you are a wife killing ex-cop. I am sure you will get all the conjugal visits you need, and then some. I am not sure if I would be joking about wanting sex while in jail Drew. Those are words one usually does not say to loud unless one wants to be pinned to a con name Bubba.

I'd like to see a man named Holmes take him up on that!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1294 on: August 20, 2009, 04:36:26 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,541120,00.html?test=latestnews

Stacy Peterson's Sister to Lead Search for Her Remains
Thursday , August 20, 2009

CHICAGO —

The sister of a missing Chicago woman is asking for the public's help in finding her remains.

A search for Stacy Peterson arranged by Cassandra Cales is scheduled for Friday in Bolingbrook, Ill., MyFOXChicago.com reported.

Participants will meet at 10 a.m. at the Ikea store at 750 E. Boughton Road and should be prepared to search through brush. They're advised to dress appropriately — in long pants and no sandals — use insect repellent and bring water and a snack.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1295 on: August 21, 2009, 07:47:36 PM »

DON'T MISS - TONIGHT ON DANA PRETZER!
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1296 on: August 22, 2009, 11:56:25 AM »

Search for Stacy Peterson: Family, friends fail to find evidence of woman missing since 2007 in search of Bolingbook area

By Kim Janssen
TRIBUNE REPORTER
August 22, 2009

A search party looking for missing Bolingbrook mom Stacy Peterson dredged wetlands near the southwest suburb's Ikea store Friday, but came up empty.

As many as 50 volunteers hunted for four hours without success for the 23-year-old's remains in a patch of wetland near the store, at 750 E. Boughton Rd., just west of Interstate Highway 355.

Police were not involved in the search, but Peterson's family had received information that Stacy was seen near the area before she disappeared in October of 2007.

Members of the public, who came forward after Peterson's sister, Cassandra Cales, appealed for assistance through the media, said they wanted to help with the search because police don't have the time or resources to check every lead quickly.

"We didn't find any remains or body parts," said Cales, who wore a T-shirt with her sister's photo during the search.

"The water was up to our waists in some places, so it was pretty difficult work, but there are still places left for us to come back and check."

High reeds and grasses and the swampy ground also made Friday's search difficult.

Several previous volunteer searches at sites across Bolingbrook also failed to turn up evidence.

Stacy Peterson was the fourth wife of former Bolingbrook Police Sgt. Drew Peterson, who is jailed on charges of killing his third wife, Kathleen Savio.

Drew Peterson was indicted in Savio's 2004 death and is a suspect in Stacy's disappearance. He has denied any involvement in either case.

A judge last week began the jury-selection process for Drew Peterson's murder trial in the Savio case.

Will County Circuit Judge Stephen White said he will rule Oct. 2 on a defense motion to move the trial to another county because of intense publicity. He said he also will hear arguments that day on whether a new state hearsay law, which some call "Drew's Law," passes constitutional muster.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-peterson-search-22aug22,0,4458982.story
(video @ link)

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1297 on: August 23, 2009, 05:10:59 PM »

Video of the search.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1298 on: September 06, 2009, 06:10:54 PM »

DON'T MISS - TONIGHT ON DANA PRETZER:

flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1299 on: June 05, 2010, 03:56:18 AM »

Cops May Have Found Body of Drew Peterson's Wife

Originally posted Jun 4th 2010 9:52 PM PDT by TMZ Staff

There may be a huge break in the disappearance of Drew Peterson's third wife.  TMZ has learned authorities believe they may know exactly where the body is buried, and then plan to dig for it tomorrow.

0604_drew_peterson_ex
Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... Peterson, an ex-cop who is currently behind bars awaiting trial for the murder of his third wife, told an inmate yesterday how he killed Stacy Peterson, wife number 4.  Stacy's body has never been recovered.

Our sources say Peterson told the inmate he had an accomplice help him dispose of the body.  The inmate then told authorities about his discussion with Peterson, which led them to the alleged accomplice.  We're told the accomplice informed Will County Sheriff's officials and prosecutors that the body was buried just outside Peoria, Illinois.

Will County Sheriff's deputies and prosecutors took the alleged accomplice to Peoria Friday, and the accomplice led them to private hunting grounds.  The owner allowed authorities to enter his property and the accomplice then led them to the site where Stacy's body was allegedly buried.  The accomplice told authorities the body was stuffed in a metal drum that had been buried underground.

On Friday afternoon, authorities brought police dogs onto the property and we're told the dogs immediately took them to the place where the witness said the body was buried.  Authorities then put prongs in the soil and hit a mass below ground that could be the drum in question.

We're told State Police are now guarding the property and authorities will begin digging tomorrow morning.

ADDING LINK/Nut44x4
http://www.tmz.com/2010/06/04/drew-peterson-murder-wife-body-crime-scene-police-officer-illinois-dig/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I am praying that Stacey's family as well as Kathleen's will find some closure with this new information.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 06:56:09 AM by Nut44x4 » Logged

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.