April 15, 2024, 10:04:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Totino's and Jeno's pizza recalled due to E. coli  (Read 3106 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: November 01, 2007, 04:35:36 PM »

Totino's and Jeno's pizza recalled due to E. coli
 39 minutes ago

CHICAGO (Reuters) - Almost five million Totino's and Jeno's frozen pizzas with pepperoni toppings are being recalled because the pepperoni may be contaminated with E. coli, General Mills Inc said on Thursday.
ADVERTISEMENT

General Mills, which owns the Totino's and Jeno's brands, said the recall affects about 414,000 cases of pizza products currently in stores and all similar pizza products that might be in consumers' freezers. Each case contains 12 pizzas.

The possible E. coli contamination was uncovered by state and federal authorities investigating 21 E. coli-related illnesses in 10 states.

General Mills said nine of the 21 people reported having eaten Totino's or Jeno's pizza with pepperoni topping at some point before becoming ill.

The people became ill between July 20 and October 10, the USDA's Food Safety and Inspection Service said, adding that all the patients recovered.

The people did not have packages with dates codes or other information General Mills needs to narrow down which pizzas might be affected, General Mills spokesman Tom Forsythe said, adding that, for the same reason, the company could not determine which of its suppliers provided the pepperoni.

E.coli O157:H7 is a potentially deadly bacteria that can cause bloody diarrhea and dehydration. The very young, seniors and persons with compromised immune systems are the most vulnerable to food borne disease.

The recall includes eight types of Totino's brand frozen pizza and three types of Jeno's brand frozen pizza with pepperoni topping, or pepperoni in combination with other toppings.

The frozen pizzas were produced in its Wellston, Ohio, plant and distributed throughout the United States. The plant is currently making other pizzas, but not with pepperoni, General Mills spokesman Tom Forsythe said
(snipped)
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071101/hl_nm/generalmills_recall_dc

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 10:07:56 PM »

Mad  This is gettng awful.. WTH is there safe to eat anymore.  Sad    I picthed out Tostitos Pizza tonight. had 3 in my freezer.   TY Muffy.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 11:06:56 PM »

Mad  This is gettng awful.. WTH is there safe to eat anymore.  Sad    I picthed out Tostitos Pizza tonight. had 3 in my freezer.   TY Muffy.

Angie ~ I had three small ones in my freezer too, and went and pitched them when I read about the recall.  My teenager likes to make those for a snack. And they were pepperoni, too  Shocked  Lot's of people have a Totino's or two in the freezer as back up.  That's why, when I read about recall, I posted it right away, in Musings and in the Food Recall section.  I hear the thud of pizzas hitting trash cans across America...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 11:54:51 AM »

Angie ~ I had three small ones in my freezer too, and went and pitched them when I read about the recall.  My teenager likes to make those for a snack. And they were pepperoni, too  Shocked  Lot's of people have a Totino's or two in the freezer as back up.  That's why, when I read about recall, I posted it right away, in Musings and in the Food Recall section.  I hear the thud of pizzas hitting trash cans across America...

I ended up having 6 of them..  Have an extra frigde in my laundry room.. checked that one and 3 in there 2. And I get them for my son as well.   he hasnt eaten any lately.. asked him last night and told him about the recall. Anna had posted about saving the UPC code for a refund. I didnt know.. they are gone now.. to the dump. They were only 99 cents.. not worried about 6 $ compared to getting sick.   This is getting ridiculous anymore..  Sad   Seems almost daily.. its something else being recalled.  Sad
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.