April 19, 2024, 11:26:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mike Huckabee's Rise  (Read 1893 times)
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« on: November 28, 2007, 10:45:12 PM »

I am watching the CNN Republican "U Tube - send in questions" debate.

Mike Huckabee's rise is more than impressive. He attributes it to a higher power. Being a member of AA, the higher power is always the source of everything. So he speaks the truth. I never heard of him before this campaign.

I like him lots, but Rolling Stone Magazine (my rock) has a cover page and article in the 11/29/07 issue. They call him "My Favorite Nut Job" and say "He's also a full-blown Christian Kook." Meaning very loud bible thumper.

Any thoughts, please regarding the debate.

Is being a bible thumper a good thing .... maybe?

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 11:23:55 PM »

I watched a good portion of the debate tonight also.  It was interesting hearing the crowd reactions and seeing the "emotion" visual they had on the screen as each participant spoke and answered questions.   I am not sure who came off the best tonight, but I would have to say that Rudy Giuliani had the poorest showing of everyone.  He really came off as arrogant from my observations.

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2007, 12:33:10 AM »

Great Owl ...

This is my first year of following republican politics seriously. I'll change parties if it would make a difference.

I'm hearing Romney / Huckabee. What do you think about that ticket?

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2007, 04:35:28 PM »

I have not really followed too much of the republicans this year.  This was my first time paying much attention to the lessor candidates.  I did think Romney came off rather well last night.  I am still up in the air as to Huckabee.  Coming from the midwest I would really have a problem with Giuliani.  He just doesn't seem like someone who would help us.  I am interested in hearing more about the "fair tax" proposals.  There is an absolute need to change our tax code.  Especially, the part on "alternative tax."  So many things had been put in motion decades ago and now it is affecting even the modest families.

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.