April 25, 2024, 12:25:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #512 8/14 - 8/17/2006  (Read 156779 times)
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2006, 10:40:15 AM »

Quote from: "Red"
Klaas, You are a Democrat?!?  Shocked   Shocked   Wink

I was a little surprised by this too !! Razz

I am guessing that maybe she leans a little more to the right than say....Howard Dean

Twisted Evil

Wink

Laughing
SouthGeorgiaGirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2006, 10:42:43 AM »

now can you fix the margins klaas? Laughing
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2006, 10:42:55 AM »

Well, I have been trying to catch up with my reading - after being gone a few days.  Really disapointing to say the least.

I usually try to keep out of the tiffs, I ignore alot and am sure I am ignored alot.

I have always thought that one should voice their opinion and should stand up for themselves.  Whatever road is taken after that is ones personal choice.  I don't think one should stand by and just keep getting attacked in silence. Just as I think one should be thoughtful in the things they say and realize sometimes it can be hurtful even if it wasn't meant that way.

I don't want to see posters leave - we are at an IMPORTANT place in this case right now.  Everyone's view points are needed.

Sometimes things just need to be dropped and let go for the greater good.  Sometimes it just needs to be enough that we know in our own minds we are right.

There is too much turmoil in this world right now to let it spill over in here amongst friends.

I love all you monkeys and hope we can all hang in there - not for ourselves, but for Natalee.

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2006, 10:43:24 AM »

Blah  Laughing  Red just accused me of lying on my application, ha ha ha Laughing
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2006, 10:43:44 AM »

Quote from: "Red"
Klaas, You are a Democrat?!?  Shocked   Shocked   Wink

<snip>

These are really important things as without $'s for searches .... there will be no searches.

We want to be able to provide TES with active members all over the US in case they need help, support, logistics, etc. for searches for missing people.

We all need to keep out eye on the ball. Please, its important.

Yes, Red, it's still a two-party country!  Wink  (And by the way, I decided I apparently am a Democrat about 6 years ago. Until then, I voted for whomever I thought was most capable.)

I'm here because I think the forum is the most realiable source for information about the Holloway case. I think Klass has more information at her fingertips than anyone - except maybe Beth Twitty.

Now - RED - what we need is some GOOD news. What's the status of that $150,000 need to go back into the water? I heard that TES would use Curacao as its base instead of Aruba - excellent idea.

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
SouthGeorgiaGirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2006, 10:45:42 AM »

Is there any real chance of finding anything in the water after all this time?  I guess presuming the body wasn't enclosed in a refrigerator or something.
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2006, 10:45:53 AM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Blah  Laughing  Red just accused me of lying on my application, ha ha ha Laughing

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

well, Dem or Rep, if ya had to lie to get the job, i'm glad you did.  We couldnt have dreamed of someone better to handle it !!!

Wink
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2006, 10:48:19 AM »

Choose A Name burned down  

After two hours, the fire brigade managed to subdue the fire in the Choose A Name building.

ARUBA – Place of entertainment Choose A Name in the Havenstraat burned down completely last Sunday afternoon.  The authorities are still not sure how the fire started.  Fire department spokesperson Gabriel Kelly indicated this morning that the police are investigating the incident.  He didn’t want to say anything about a possible arson.  

Four fire engines, of which two stand-by, went to Havenstraat where they found a sea of flames and a whole lot of smoke.  The fire must have been going for a while, because the fire fighters couldn’t extinguish the fire from the inside out; the seat of the fire was already too big.  They had to work from the outside.

Since the building is built of heavy concrete, the fire didn’t spread over to the shoppes and the restaurant on the ground floor; they had a lot of smoke and water damage, but Choose A Name was completely burned down.  

Even though they had trouble with the smoke, a lot of people went to the place to watch the flames.  Some of them had to receive medical treatment from the ambulance personnel.  The roads were closed for traffic and pedestrians.  The police did this to allow the fire fighters room to do their job.

http://www.amigoe.com/english/
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2006, 10:49:38 AM »

Quote from: "SouthGeorgiaGirl"
Is there any real chance of finding anything in the water after all this time?  I guess presuming the body wasn't enclosed in a refrigerator or something.

According to Tim Miller yes.
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2006, 10:54:52 AM »

It will be interesting to see what the bar owners do..if they re-build or cut their losses and run.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2006, 10:57:21 AM »

Quote from: "Ono"
It will be interesting to see what the bar owners do..if they re-build or cut their losses and run.

Here is the owner information on Choose-A-Name.  Dutch of course Wink

JA
Scared Monkey

« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2006, 10:57:24 AM »

If the boys were to be charge/convicted of kidnapping and sexual assault at the least, could they still be charged and convicted with murder/manslaughter and other charges at a later date? This would be if and when more evidenc eor a body turns up.  I personally think the body will not be found at sea, unless they find a container she was put in.  Her body also could have been cremated or has been decomposed so far that it will never turn up at the dump.  Unless someone comes forward with more evidence ( although they may have and this communication has been "lost")I don't see this case going much farther.  I can only hope that something is being done beyond the scences that we don't know about ( although I doubt). I still can not understand how they are not being charged with anything.

Okay, they don't have her body....okay, there is no proof that we know of that Paulus did something also ...but why let them off on everything?

***Please let's stop the discussions on the inappropriate Middle East comments.  Bring it to another thread if people want to still debate this. It was unfortuante, but also frustrating for someone to open up a NH Thread and have to go through several pages to read up on anything.  Thanks.
Whodunit?
Scared Monkey

« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2006, 10:58:08 AM »

Here is the owner information on Choose-A-Name.  Dutch of course Wink

Coffee House Restaurant?  I thought it was a bar?  Shocked

“We may have all come on different ships, but we're in the same boat now.” ~MLK, Jr.
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2006, 10:59:20 AM »

Quote from: "SouthGeorgiaGirl"

According to Tim Miller yes.

I was watching a show about a week or 2 ago on the Discovery channel.  There was some people who were looking for the wreckage of one of Christopher Columbas's ships - the Santa Maria. They were looking somewhere in the Carribean, dont remember exactly where. The tool they were using was capable of finding a nail or any small metal object on the sea floor.  Eventhough the crew scavanged all metal objects they could from the ship before ot was totally lost.This tool could find  something even as small as a musket ball.

It got me thinking, I wonder if TES could use something like this. It was about the size of the side scan sonar we have seen them using.  These people were pulling it behind a small boat like we saw TES using with the side scan sonar. I do  not know all of the specifications of the tool, but if Natalee is indeed in a metal cage, this thing should be able to find it.  I dont know if it is cheaper to try this route, maybe its something worth asking Tim Miller about.
Whodunit?
Scared Monkey

« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2006, 11:02:29 AM »

I really hope TES can find SOMETHING, but I am leaning toward the idea that they have done someting to make SURE she can't be found.  Like a cremation or something, then maybe dumped at sea.  Or, possibly taken off island to another location.

“We may have all come on different ships, but we're in the same boat now.” ~MLK, Jr.
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2006, 11:14:14 AM »

I believe the thinking is that Natalee was put in a trap stolen from the Fishermans' Huts - I think that was documented to have occurred during the night of 5/29 - 5/30 2005. I don't know what the traps are made of. They apparently are large enough.

If this be the case, and she was dumped in the water, then bones, hair and DNA are recoverable.

Further, I read that the TES search would be just beyond the International Seas boundry. Not sure how they pinpointed that area to search, but that would mean no need for official Aruba permissions etc. (And that TES plans to base the search from Curacao.)

Not sure, of course, if all of this info is correct.

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2006, 11:22:59 AM »

Quote from: "msmarple"
I believe the thinking is that Natalee was put in a trap stolen from the Fishermans' Huts - I think that was documented to have occurred during the night of 5/29 - 5/30 2005. I don't know what the traps are made of. They apparently are large enough.

If this be the case, and she was dumped in the water, then bones, hair and DNA are recoverable.

Further, I read that the TES search would be just beyond the International Seas boundry. Not sure how they pinpointed that area to search, but that would mean no need for official Aruba permissions etc. (And that TES plans to base the search from Curacao.)

Not sure, of course, if all of this info is correct.

This would be a GReat scenario if it is possible.

If - she was dumped in a cage, I agree, there would be something left to recover.  

In the least, if TES can search the waters and clear them, that would be one more place crossed off the list.

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2006, 11:23:47 AM »

No doubt some on Aruba have their 'thinking caps' on trying to dream up some obtuse excuse to use to prevent TES from searching..
Whodunit?
Scared Monkey

« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2006, 11:29:18 AM »

No doubt some on Aruba have their 'thinking caps' on trying to dream up some obtuse excuse to use to prevent TES from searching..

I bet they'll call in all of their favors from Curacao to try to get them not to allow a search to be based from there...........UGH

Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2006, 11:38:07 AM »

Quote from: "Whodunit?"

I bet they'll call in all of their favors from Curacao to try to get them not to allow a search to be based from there...........UGH

No doubt...they'll think up something, that's for sure.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.