March 28, 2024, 05:51:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Justin Gaines 18, missing Nov/2007 from Duluth, GA  (Read 46698 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #80 on: March 13, 2008, 09:42:05 PM »

Human remains found in woods

POSTED  March 13, 2008 4:02 p.m.
A city worker found skeletal human remains in a wooded area of Gainesville this morning, police said.

Capt. Chad White said the remains were found about 9:20 a.m. near the intersection of Pine Street and Summit Street.

The remains were being sent to the Georgia Bureau of Investigation’s crime lab in Decatur. A cause of death and how long the person had been dead could not be determined at the scene. The gender of the remains also could not be determined. It was unknown whether foul play was involved, White said.

White said detectives will be looking through missing persons reports as part of the investigation.

http://www.gainesvilletimes.com/news/article/4143/

~~~~~~~~~~
 Gainesville is about 33 miles North of Duluth--where Justin was last seen.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #81 on: March 20, 2008, 08:49:24 AM »

Not Justin. Just in:
GAINESVILLE - Gainesville Police now know the identity of the skeletal remains found last week.

The body was found last week by utility workers in a wooded area near the intersection of Pine Street at Summit Street.

Lt. Brian Kelly said the body "has been classified to be a male subject." He added: "There does not appear to be any signs of forced injury or trauma, indicating foul play."

According to Kelly, the man appears to be in his mid-50s.

The cause of death and when death occurred has not been determined. The man's name is being withheld pending notification of relatives.

http://www.accessnorthga.com/detail.php?n=208178&c=1

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #82 on: March 30, 2008, 07:21:45 AM »

Family holds onto hope missing man will be found

March 30, 2008
NORTH RIDGEVILLE — Under other circumstances, the burgers, beer and country music at VFW Post 9871 would have put smiles on everyone’s faces.

Instead, the mood Saturday night was somber as the family of North Ridgeville native Justin Gaines raised money to continue the search for the 18-year-old college student who disappeared from his Georgia home five months ago Wednesday.

“We’re very hopeful until we find proof otherwise that Justin is alive and safe somewhere,” said his aunt, Kelli McGill.
Gaines

Justin’s mother, Erika Wilson, said her son went out with friends on Halloween and was last seen at a Georgia bar called Wild Bill’s.

He asked her what shirt he should wear because he was going out to meet girls, Wilson said.

Police told the family recently that they now believe Justin’s disappearance is due to foul play, though they won’t tell Wilson why they believe that.

She said detectives give her weekly updates on the search for her son — saying they are looking at phone records and trying to get Justin back on “America’s Most Wanted,” which has featured his story twice.

The Georgia State Defense Force has already conducted two widespread searches, McGill said, and the family continues to print fliers and hire experts to look for Gaines.

Wilson also has a private investigator trying to track down her son. She said the PI has been volunteering for months, but they want to raise money to pay him to stay on the trail seven days a week.

Justin moved to Georgia as a second-grader, and many of his old friends have rallied around the family in the past few months, Justin’s aunt, Lisa Stout, said.

“People we don’t even know have helped us. The whole family is touched,” she said.

Gaines’ family also was raffling off things Saturday, including a Cleveland Browns helmet donated by Riddell. McGill said she was hoping the dinner and raffles would raise about $4,000 to continue the search for Justin.

This will be an especially tough week for the family, she said. Monday will mark Justin’s 19th birthday.

A nationwide fund has been set up through National City Bank to help fund the family’s search. Contributions may be made at any branch

http://www.chroniclet.com/2008/03/30/family-holds-onto-hope-missing-man-will-be-found/

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #83 on: April 04, 2008, 09:09:36 AM »

omg....I do not know how to move the video over here, but you have to see it.

Posted by Kittymom
post#61 pg.7

http://helpfindthemissing.org/forum/showthread.php?p=177857#post177857

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #84 on: April 04, 2008, 11:10:55 AM »

omg....I do not know how to move the video over here, but you have to see it.

Posted by Kittymom
post#61 pg.7

http://helpfindthemissing.org/forum/showthread.php?p=177857#post177857

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3004319714241567788&q=justin%20gaines&total=34&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=3
kissyface
Scared Monkey

« Reply #85 on: April 04, 2008, 01:39:37 PM »

What a beautiful tribute to this young man.  He is obviously very loved and cared about.  I still think it's amazing how people can just vanish into thin air.  I can't believe that it has been so long already with no new information (or at least none that the public is being made aware of).  If it is foul play that we are looking at, the public needs to be made aware so they can keep their eyes open to anything they see that may match descriptions of people and vehicles.  If foul play is suspect, does that mean they think he is deceased?  I think this case is very sad indeed.  Then again, all of these cases are very sad.  Sometimes I think I need to take a break from coming here but I know that would be complacency and complacency doesn't get any information out there.  I pray for all of these families to get some answers, even if they are painful, because everyone deserves to know where their loved ones are. 

***Love is stronger than death.***

>>> bring Bri justice<<<
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #86 on: May 02, 2008, 07:57:21 AM »

Mom's new job: Find missing son

She's determined on mission she never desired

By Andria Simmons
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 05/02/08

Erika Wilson's job pays nothing, causes unbearable stress and so far has produced no results.

But she is determined to pursue what became her life's work exactly six months ago —- helping authorities find her missing son, Justin Gaines.

"I never wanted this new life," Wilson said. "I didn't ask for it, but it's my job now."

Working from a garage turned into a home office, she has focused on making buttons and bumper stickers, raising funds for a reward, handing out fliers, setting up a telephone tip line and maintaining a Web site —- anything to make sure the public doesn't forget her son.

Searches yield nothing

No one has seen or heard from Gaines since he disappeared from Wild Bill's nightclub off Pleasant Hill Road in Duluth early on Nov. 2. Weeks of volunteer search parties' scouring the area turned up no clues. "Not a shoe, not a shirt, nothing of his belongings," Wilson said.

Gaines was 18 and a freshman at the Oconee campus of Gainesville College in Athens. He had been home visiting his family in Snellville.

Gaines reportedly called several friends that evening asking for a ride home, but none could pick him up. Wilson suspects Gaines got "the wrong ride" from someone who hurt him.

She also clings to hope that he is alive somewhere.

While the case remains unsolved, Wilson said she has no desire to return to her job in real estate.

Erica and her husband, Steve Wilson, have also hired private investigator Bob Poulnot of Lawrenceville.

"I know it's been a long time," Poulnot said Thursday, "but we're still working on leads and we don't intend to give up."

Gwinnett police spokesman Officer David Schiralli said investigators have no more leads to follow. "Every possible avenue that we could follow up, we followed through on," Schiralli said. "Now we're just waiting for anybody else to come forward with new information."

Schiralli said investigators have placed many items into evidence, and 75 were delivered to the GBI lab for analysis. He declined to talk about specific pieces of evidence. Schiralli said the GBI will soon meet with Gwinnett investigators to review the case "from an outsider's point of view."

Time doesn't erase loss

Some of the six other children in the Wilsons' blended family —- ages 13 to 21 —- have celebrated birthdays in their brother's absence. When Gaines' 19th birthday passed March 31, Wilson developed such a migraine headache that she couldn't move from her bed.

Steve Wilson, Gaines' stepfather, decided that day to have a likeness of Gaines tattooed above his heart. Wilson said her husband wanted to see his son's face every day in the mirror when he dresses.

Today, family and friends will gather for a cookout and candlelight vigil in remembrance of Gaines at Bethesda Park at 225 Bethesda Church Road in Snellville.

The Wilsons are offering a $25,000 reward to anyone with information leading to Gaines' whereabouts. Anyone with information can call 1-877-270-9500 or visit www.justingaines.com.

Until they get the tip they've been waiting for, Wilson's work continues.

"Every day I cry, pray and hope for answers," she said. "I can't imagine doing this another six months. I want to quit this job."

http://www.ajc.com/search/content/metro/stories/2008/05/02/gaines.html

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #87 on: May 03, 2008, 12:12:43 AM »

Mom's new job: Find missing son

She's determined on mission she never desired

By Andria Simmons

Published on: 05/02/08

Erika Wilson's job pays nothing, causes unbearable stress and so far has produced no results.

But she is determined to pursue what became her life's work exactly six months ago —- helping authorities find her missing son, Justin Gaines.

"I never wanted this new life," Wilson said. "I didn't ask for it, but it's my job now."

Working from a garage turned into a home office, she has focused on making buttons and bumper stickers, raising funds for a reward, handing out fliers, setting up a telephone tip line and maintaining a Web site —- anything to make sure the public doesn't forget her son.

Searches yield nothing

No one has seen or heard from Gaines since he disappeared from Wild Bill's nightclub off Pleasant Hill Road in Duluth early on Nov. 2. Weeks of volunteer search parties' scouring the area turned up no clues. "Not a shoe, not a shirt, nothing of his belongings," Wilson said.

Gaines was 18 and a freshman at the Oconee campus of Gainesville College in Athens. He had been home visiting his family in Snellville.

Gaines reportedly called several friends that evening asking for a ride home, but none could pick him up. Wilson suspects Gaines got "the wrong ride" from someone who hurt him.

She also clings to hope that he is alive somewhere.

While the case remains unsolved, Wilson said she has no desire to return to her job in real estate.

Erica and her husband, Steve Wilson, have also hired private investigator Bob Poulnot of Lawrenceville.

"I know it's been a long time," Poulnot said Thursday, "but we're still working on leads and we don't intend to give up."

Gwinnett police spokesman Officer David Schiralli said investigators have no more leads to follow. "Every possible avenue that we could follow up, we followed through on," Schiralli said. "Now we're just waiting for anybody else to come forward with new information."

Schiralli said investigators have placed many items into evidence, and 75 were delivered to the GBI lab for analysis. He declined to talk about specific pieces of evidence. Schiralli said the GBI will soon meet with Gwinnett investigators to review the case "from an outsider's point of view."

Time doesn't erase loss

Some of the six other children in the Wilsons' blended family —- ages 13 to 21 —- have celebrated birthdays in their brother's absence. When Gaines' 19th birthday passed March 31, Wilson developed such a migraine headache that she couldn't move from her bed.

Steve Wilson, Gaines' stepfather, decided that day to have a likeness of Gaines tattooed above his heart. Wilson said her husband wanted to see his son's face every day in the mirror when he dresses.

Today, family and friends will gather for a cookout and candlelight vigil in remembrance of Gaines at Bethesda Park at 225 Bethesda Church Road in Snellville.

The Wilsons are offering a $25,000 reward to anyone with information leading to Gaines' whereabouts. Anyone with information can call 1-877-270-9500 or visit www.justingaines.com.

Until they get the tip they've been waiting for, Wilson's work continues.

"Every day I cry, pray and hope for answers," she said. "I can't imagine doing this another six months. I want to quit this job."

http://www.ajc.com/search/content/metro/stories/2008/05/02/gaines.html

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #88 on: May 17, 2008, 07:52:34 PM »

Still 'nothing' on student's fate
18-year-old not seen since nov. 2

May 13, 2008
Six months after Justin Gaines disappeared from a Duluth nightclub, his family and police know little more about what happened to the Gainesville State College student than they did in November.

Gaines, who lived in Athens and attended Gainesville State's Watkinsville campus, has not been seen since Nov. 2.

His family has raised a reward fund of nearly $25,000 for information leading to the recovery of his remains or to the conviction of the person responsible for his disappearance - much of the money raised with fundraisers like a bowl-a-thon planned for this Saturday in the Ohio town where many of Gaines' relatives still live.

The last glimpse the Gaines family had of him was from a video security camera at a popular Duluth club named Wild Bill's. The camera caught Gaines laughing and talking with friends about 2 a.m. Nov. 2.

Friends had dropped the 18-year-old off earlier that night at Wild Bill's where a crowd of 2,000 to 3,000 people typically gathers on Thursday nights, his mother said.

The club is across Pleasant Hill Road from Gwinnett Place Mall near Interstate 85.

When the Brookwood High School graduate was ready to go home, he called several friends for a ride but had no luck. The telephone calls were the last contacts Gaines had with anyone who knew him, as far as friends and family know.

"It's just frustrating. It's just been such a long time, and I don't have any answers," said Justin's mother, Erika Wilson.

Since that November day, Gwinnett County investigators have put more than 2,000 man-hours into trying to track down what happened, followed leads to 14 counties and conducted 18 land, water and air searches in six counties, according to Officer David Schiralli, a public information officer for the Gwinnett County Police Department.

Police have told Wilson they suspect foul play, but neither police, a private investigator Gaines' family hired nor volunteer horse trackers with Texas EquuSearch have been able to trace Gaines beyond the Wild Bill's Saloon parking lot, Wilson said.

"Nothing," she said.

No transactions appeared on his bank account and no activity on his cell phone, which his family still pays - "no nothing," she said.

"He's just a responsible kid. He would be in contact with us," Wilson said of her son, who was in his first semester at Gainesville State College's Oconee County campus. He planned to transfer to the University of Georgia.

"Right now, we are looking for anyone to come forward with any new information to move forward," Schiralli said.

Gaines, a husky 5-foot-10 and 230 pounds, was wearing ripped jeans and a gray Abercrombie shirt when last seen, according to a flyer his family has distributed widely. His hair was in a buzz cut. His 19th birthday was March 19.

The family has raised reward money both in Georgia and in northern Ohio, where Justin's mother and father grew up and where his father still lives.

"We will never let anybody forget this kid, no matter how long it is," said Kelli McGill, an aunt who helped organize a fundraiser for this Saturday - a bowl-a-thon at Rebman Recreation in Lorain, Ohio.

Lorain is west of Cleveland near North Ridgeville, Ohio, where Justin spent the first year of his life and where many of his relatives live.

Police and Gaines' family asked anyone with information about his disappearance call Detective T.R. Tobler of the Gwinnett County Police Department at (770) 513-5300 or the Texas EquuSearch toll-free number (877) 270-9500.

Wilson wonders if people have paid less attention to Justin's disappearance because he is male.

"People don't think males are in danger. They think 'They're healthy males, and why did they take off?' " Wilson said.

But bad things can happen to men as well as women, said Wilson.

"I've got an idea he got a ride from the wrong person," she said.

Published in the Athens Banner-Herald on 051408

http://www.onlineathens.com/stories/051408/news_20080514079.shtml

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #89 on: May 31, 2008, 12:01:00 PM »

Do not seem able to find any news about this missing young man.

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #90 on: May 31, 2008, 07:10:41 PM »

Fox Video from 5/02/08
http://www.justingaines.com/justin2ndmay.html

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #91 on: May 31, 2008, 07:27:45 PM »

Written by his Mom:

Thursday, May 22, 2008

May 19th-20th 2008

These first two days of the week have been hard. Monday I totally feel apart just thinking of Ben Graduating on Wednesday. I keep thinking about how just a year ago we were watching Justin Graduate and seeing his excitement in going off to college. I am so proud of Ben and he is so excited he will be entering college. I on the other hand am scared of him leaving. I was excited for Joe and Justin when they graduated and were going off to school. Now I am worried to let him even leave but I know I have to let him follow his dreams.

I am not sure how I will handle graduation. I want to be so strong for Ben but I just know my heart will be aching for Justin thinking how it was just last year he was on that field getting his diploma and now I don't even know where he is.

Tuesday My mom and Step dad have arrived for Graduation tomorrow. It was great seeing them again and spending time with them. We grilled hamburgers out and all enjoyed dinner together. I know Ben is glad they were able to come down from Ohio to watch his graduation.

I have spent the last months not really listening to music except for Find your way Home by Tara London. But I have listened to some other song that Steven or I have found on Justin's I pod. I couldn't believe how much music he has on that thing. But Steven on day listening to it stumbled across a song he has on it that neither of us had heard. When Steven played the song I knew why he wanted me to hear it. It is certainly song we can relate with and as I listen to it now my tears flow and my heart aches so much. My pain is so real and is never goes away. This is a song called The Tin Man by Kenny Chesney.

The Tin Man
-------------

Saw a man in the movies that didn't have a heart
How I wish I could give him mine
Then I wouldn't have to feel it breaking all apart
And this emptiness inside would suit me fine

It's times like these
I wish I were the tin man
You could hurt me all you wanted
I'd never even know
Well...I'd give anything just to be the tin man
And I wouldn't have a heart and I wouldn't need a soul

I couldn't see your leavin' comin'
It took me by surprise
Even now still seems like a dream
But I know I can't be dreamin'
'Cause as I lay down each night
The pain's so great that it won't let me sleep

It's times like these
I wish I were the tin man
You could hurt me all you wanted
I'd never even know
Well..I'd give anything just to be the tin man
And I wouldn't have a heart and I wouldn't need a soul
Well I'd give anything just to be the tin man
And I wouldn't have a heart and I wouldn't miss you so.

With Hope and Love,
Erika and Steven Wilson

http://www.justingaines.com/familymessage.cfm

I believe in miracles!
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #92 on: May 31, 2008, 07:34:26 PM »

Thank-you BearlyhereSad

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #93 on: May 31, 2008, 07:36:47 PM »

5/29/08

http://tinyurl.com/52d9y6

North Ridgeville Family Hopes National Exposure Will Help Find Missing Son

Video where Justin's father talks about his son and the epidemic of so many missing male college students.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #94 on: May 31, 2008, 07:40:20 PM »

Thank-you BearlyhereSad

You're welcome Bleachedblack.  You are right about there not being any new news but this family is still putting his face out there and fighting their fight.  His dad looks exhausted.  My heart goes out to this family.  They have such faith that he will be found.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #95 on: June 07, 2008, 12:31:19 PM »

Justin Gaines Featured On "Without A Trace"

The case of a Gwinnett County teenager who has been missing for seven months was featured on CBS' "Without A Trace". CBS 46's Tony McNary reports.

http://www.cbs46.com/video/16433433/index.html

I believe in miracles!
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #96 on: August 13, 2008, 07:41:33 AM »

Family of missing adult son tries to help others

Justin Gaines last seen at a Duluth nightclub on Nov. 2, 2007

By ANDRIA SIMMONS

Published on: 08/12/08

Time is a parent's worst enemy in missing persons cases.

Erika Wilson believes a time lapse of almost two weeks between the Nov. 2 disappearance of her 18-year-old son, Justin Gaines, from a Duluth nightclub and the launch of a full-scale search may be the reason her son remains missing more than nine months later.

Now she's working to help other families beat the clock.

"The first 72 hours are so important," Wilson said. "There is so much information that people need that they don't always get."

Some of the things people don't get — help with making fliers, raising money, organizing volunteers or hiring private investigators — Wilson wants to help provide with her new nonprofit organization, aptly named the Justin Time Foundation.

The foundation's first fund-raiser is Thursday at Little Gardens restaurant in Lawrenceville. Festivities will include music, food and a silent auction.

Although her focus has broadened to helping others, Wilson said she still yearns to find her missing son.

In Gaines' case, his age and reputation as enjoying the party life may have worked against him. Witnesses told police he was using a fake ID at the club to buy alcohol the night he vanished.

Because Gaines was a legal adult, police listed him as a missing person but did not immediately begin searching for him.

"It's a national problem that there is not a standard protocol law enforcement follows for missing adults," said Bob Poulnot, a private investigator hired by the Wilson family. "That is probably based on the assumption they have a right to be missing."

It was not until February that Gwinnett Police announced they suspected foul play.

Gwinnett police spokeswoman Cpl. Illana Spellman said Friday that detectives have since suspended the investigation because no new leads have surfaced.

"The investigators involved in the Gaines case worked tirelessly for several months to exhaust all possible leads," Spellman said.

Poulnot released several new details recently about the last sighting of Gaines, a freshman at the Oconee campus of Gainesville College in Athens.

A surveillance camera at Wild Bill's nightclub shows the muscular teenager leaving the club around 1:30 a.m. on Nov. 2, holding a cellphone to his ear and walking in a manner "not indicative of an intoxicated person," according to Poulnot.

Someone else reported seeing him around 2:30 a.m. outside of the club, Poulnot said, where he appeared to be waiting for a ride.

The family — which includes Erika and Steve Wilson and six other children in their blended household — believes that Gaines got "the wrong ride" by someone who hurt him that night.

Poulnot said nine months of investigation has led him to suspect Justin may have been the victim of a homicide.

What: Justin Time Foundation fund-raiser and silent auction

When: 7 to 11 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 14

Where: Little Gardens restaurant, 3571 Lawrenceville Highway, Lawrenceville.

Cost: $35 per person or $60 per couple pays for music, beer and hors d'oeuvres

For more information: Call 678-886-6127, 404-242-3640 or e-mail justintimefoundation@comcast.net
http://www.ajc.com/services/content/metro/gwinnett/stories/2008/08/12/missing_adult_son.html

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #97 on: November 02, 2008, 05:38:08 PM »

Missing Georgia Teen Not Forgotten By Family, Friends
Sunday, November 2, 2008 – updated: 3:20 pm EST November 2, 2008

SNELLVILLE, Ga. -- An 18-year-old Georgia student missing for a year hasn't been forgotten.

Justin Gaines' mother and about 150 friends and supporters gathered Saturday in Snellville to keep Gaines' memory alive and to continue the search for him.

The search began Nov. 2, 2007, when the freshman at Oconee campus of Gainesville College in Athens disappeared from a Duluth nightclub.

His mother, Erika Wilson, said they have distributed thousands of fliers, bumper sticks and buttons bearing his image.

Police said they are no closer to finding Gaines.

Gwinnett police spokesman Cpl. David Schiralli said there is no new information, but the case is still open.
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/17868881/detail.html?rss=atl&psp=news

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #98 on: November 02, 2008, 05:47:36 PM »

Family gathers to remember missing teen

Saturday, November 01, 2008

On the first day of November, a month indistinguishable from the difficult ones just past, a mother tried to forget that her son may never come home again.

And so, instead of giving in to her fear, Erika Wilson on Saturday afternoon did what she has done since she first learned her son was missing: She kept Justin Gaines’ memory alive.

About 150 family and friends gathered around tables decorated with cowboy boot confetti and ate barbecue brisket, cole slaw and mac and cheese at the Snellville Masonic Lodge. Each hoped their donations of $5 a person for the meal, and their purchases of raffle tickets, would help bring Justin back home.

They have been searching for Justin since Nov. 2, 2007, when the Snellville teen — then an 18-year-old freshman at Oconee campus of Gainesville College in Athens — disappeared from a Duluth nightclub. They have distributed thousands of fliers, bumper sticks and buttons bearing his image. “Have you seen me?” they all ask.

A year later, neither Gwinnett County police nor the family’s private investigator, Bob Poulnot, are any closer to finding him.

Cpl. David Schiralli, a Gwinnett police spokesman, said last week, “I can tell you now that there is no new information. The case is still open, and investigators are waiting for any new leads to surface or someone to come forward.”

Poulnot said he’s not giving up. But he acknowledged that the longer Justin Gaines is missing, the greater the odds he will not be found alive.

“He had a close relationship with his family and friends. He was enrolled in college and doing well,” Poulnot said. “It’s very unlikely he would not call his family and let them know his whereabouts within a few days, much less in a whole year.”

The approximately $1,400 raised Saturday will help pay for the private investigator; keep Justin’s cell phone service activated; print more fliers, bumper stickers and buttons; and maintain a Web site, www.justingaines.com.

By keeping Justin’s image before the public — by praying until something happens — his family hopes to eventually turn up clues to his whereabouts.

As strains of Keith Anderson’s “I Still Miss You” played softly in the background, family and friends, many wearing buttons bearing Justin’s image, milled in and out of the lodge dinning hall. Some stayed to talk. Others ordered to-go plates and left.

At 5:30 p.m., everyone gathered in a circle.

The Rev. Randy Rainwater of Grace Fellowship Church in Snellville said he was at a loss for words.

“This is one of the hardest things I’ve even been a part of,” he said, before bowing to pray for peace and comfort for the family. “My prayer is that someone some where will be brave enough to tell the truth.”

That’s Wilson’s prayer, too.

She wonders how much longer she can do this, but she also thinks what life would be like if she didn’t keep looking for Justin.

“You have to have hope,” she said. “I couldn’t function if I didn’t.”

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/gwinnett/stories/2008/11/01/gaines_1102_web.html

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #99 on: June 30, 2009, 03:03:31 PM »

Lots are missing in GA, but I'll post this here.....

Human Bones Found in Gwinnett

June 30, 2009
Gwinnett County Police are trying to identify human remains that were discovered Monday by someone walking near the Gwinnett-Barrow County line.

Police say the remains were found in some woods along Georgia 316.

"At this point in time, we're trying to figure out who it is," says police Corporal David Schiralli, "and the circumstances surrounding these bones."

Schiralli tells WSB the bones, which were scattered, had been there for a long time. They don't know if the person is a male or a female or if foul play is involved.

"The remains were found, we responded and it's now being worked on," Schiralli says. "We don't even know if it's a homicide yet."
http://wsbradio.com/localnews/2009/06/human-bones-found-in-gwinnett.html
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 03:12:14 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.