March 28, 2024, 03:20:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Justin Gaines 18, missing Nov/2007 from Duluth, GA  (Read 46695 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2007, 03:14:33 PM »

POSTED: 2:31 pm EST December 7, 2007
UPDATED: 2:56 pm EST December 7, 2007
Video Of Missing Gwinnett Teen Surfaces

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/14800188/detail.html

LAWRENCEVILLE, Ga. -- A private detective has uncovered video that shows a missing Gwinnett County teen on the night he disappeared.

The grainy, 10-second video shows Justin Gaines, 18, at Wild Bill's nightclub on November 1.

WSB-TV Channel 2 has learned that a private investigator hired by the Gaines' family discovered the shot of Gaines after going through hours of the club's surveillance tapes.

Family members identified the person on the tape as Gaines.

The Gainesville College student disappeared after a night of partying at Wild Bill's with friends.

Several searches and a $50,000 reward have failed to turn up any sign of Gaines.

He is described as being 5"11' and 210 lbs. with a muscular build. He has blue eyes and brown hair with a short buzz cut. Both of his ears are pierced with diamond studs. He was last seen wearing a long sleeve, gray shirt with "Abercrombie" written on the front, blue jeans with holes and flip flops.

Anyone who has information on Gaines' whereabouts or anyone who has seen him is encouraged to call the Gwinnett County Police Department at 770-513-5300.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2007, 06:09:24 PM »

A very sad strange story. I wish they would search again for this missing young man using search dogs along all the road-sides he would have/could have left the bar and proceeded to walk. Possibly toward his home but not necessarily..maybe a friend who lives nearer the bar? I am not thinking so much foul play, but rather he may have been hit by a passing car while he was walking? I know this has likely been thought of, and the areas searched. I feel so bad for this handsome young man and his family.

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2007, 06:29:09 PM »

JUST POSTED ON
http://www.scangordon.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=12177&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=2655

Posted by: daizyjayne Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:23 pm
The clip just on Channel 2 was good... it states that the Security Guard at WB's spoke to him upon his leaving and that he said that Justin said he had a ride..... so maybe this DOES mean that he got into a car (for sure) and did not head out on foot.

Sometimes it takes a PI to get the ball rolling.... as with a County as large as Gwinnett (as any other large area...) there are only so many investigators and hours in each day.

Sounds like he is on to something..... which is FANTASTIC!!!

Someone, definitely, knows something ans saw him leave!!!!!

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2007, 06:41:21 PM »

Nut44X4 I am sorry but I am not finding anything in the links provided where the PI says Justin found a ride home, only statements that he couldn't find a ride. Can you please point me in the direction where he says he had a ride? TIA

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2007, 08:41:08 PM »

Nut44X4 I am sorry but I am not finding anything in the links provided where the PI says Justin found a ride home, only statements that he couldn't find a ride. Can you please point me in the direction where he says he had a ride? TIA

mmmmmm....I am confused. Not sure I understand. The post I made above comes from the blogger daizyjayne @ scangordon forum. I don't know what you mean by a PI saying it.  She says the Security Guard at the Wild Bill bar said it.
I am confused as to what you mean..??

vms
Monkey Junky

« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2007, 11:33:20 PM »

New Video Of Gaines Revealed

There are new clues in the disappearance of a college student from Gwinnett County. A private investigator has released surveillance video from the last place Justin Gaines was seen.

The private investigator said he feels someone knows what happened to Gaines. He also announced a $12,000 reward for information about Gaines' whereabouts.

Surveillance video from Wild Bill's shows Gaines arrive and greet a couple of friends, then walk out of frame. A security guard told investigators he saw Gaines leave a few hours later.

"When he turned his attention back to Justin, he had disappeared into the darkness," said investigator Bob Poulnot. "We don't know if Justin got into a car, or walked away, but he's assuming from Justin's statement that he had a ride, that he got into someone's car."

Since his disappearance last month, friends and volunteers have spent countless hours searching for the Gainesville College freshman. There was already a $50,000 reward for Gaines' safe return, and again the private investigator announced an additional $12,000.

Anyone with any information can call an anonymous tip line at 877-270-9500.

Article Link

Video Link

"A horse! a horse! My kingdom for a horse!"
vms
Monkey Junky

« Reply #66 on: December 07, 2007, 11:38:34 PM »

Surveillance Video Released in Case of Missing Gwinnett Co. Teen 

Justin Gaines Search 
GWINNETT COUNTY, Ga. (FOX 5) – Justin Gaines vanished from Wild Bill's nightclub November 1 and hasn't been seen or heard from since. Surveillance video just released showed the missing teen inside the nightclub and authorities are hoping the tape will produce new leads. FOX 5's Morse Diggs reports.

Video Link

vms
Monkey Junky

« Reply #67 on: December 08, 2007, 11:34:26 PM »

Story of Missing Gwinnett Co. Teen Appears on National TV 

Last Edited: Saturday, 08 Dec 2007, 10:30 PM EST 
Created: Saturday, 08 Dec 2007, 10:30 PM EST 

Reported By: Denise Dillon

GWINNETT COUNTY, Ga.  (FOX 5) – The story of a missing Gwinnett County teen appeared on an episode of America's Most Wanted Saturday night.  Eighteen-year-old Justin Gaines vanished without a trace more than a month ago.

Gaines has been missing since November 1 and his picture appeared on national television Saturday in hopes it would lead to the breakthrough in the case.

Video: Story of Missing Gwinnett Co. Teen Appears on National TV
FOX 5's Denise Dillon Reports
Gaines mother and stepfather, Erica and Steven Wilson, watched the program from their Gwinnett County home and they hoped his appearance on the show would the key to unlocking the clues to his mysterious disappearance.

Gaines was last seen at the Wild Bill's nightclub in Duluth on November 1.  Surveillance video that captured the teen arriving at the club was recently released and it confirmed Gaines was at the popular nightspot just before he disappeared.

"We see him shaking hands with a couple of friends that he met, then he disappears from video going inside the club," said private investigator Bob Poulnot.

Poulnot said a security guard that was working at the club that night remembered seeing Gaines leave.

"Justin exited the building around 2:30, he seemed upbeat and he had located a ride," said Poulnot.

Over the past five weeks, friends and neighbors have been searching for Gaines and they were aided last month by specially trained search and rescue teams for the Georgia's state defense force.

Investigators said there was no evidence that Gaines was the victim of foul play, but there has also been no evidence of where he might be.  Gaines' friends and family said they just hoped to find out something about his disappearance soon.

"No matter what happened to Justin, it's going to be OK.  Just call us and let us know where he is," said Erica Wilson.

Anyone with any information on Gaines' whereabouts should contact the Gwinnett County Police Department.

Article Link

Video Link

vms
Monkey Junky

« Reply #68 on: December 10, 2007, 09:19:12 PM »

http://www.myspace.com/urbanflatsatlanta

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #69 on: December 11, 2007, 12:52:12 AM »

Surveillance Video Released in Case of Missing Gwinnett Co. Teen 

Justin Gaines Search 
GWINNETT COUNTY, Ga. (FOX 5) – Justin Gaines vanished from Wild Bill's nightclub November 1 and hasn't been seen or heard from since. Surveillance video just released showed the missing teen inside the nightclub and authorities are hoping the tape will produce new leads. FOX 5's Morse Diggs reports.

Video Link

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #70 on: December 16, 2007, 02:07:18 PM »

Vigil Held for Missing College Student

By Catherine Kim
WXIA-TV Atlanta

GWINNETT COUNTY, GA -- Nearly a month and a half after a Gwinnett County college student disappeared many of the leads in the case have gone cold. But Sunday night, the family of Justin Gaines gathered in Snellville for a vigil to pray for his safe return.

Nearly 100 people gathered in the hopes that others would hear their prayers. “This Thursday will be six weeks that I haven’t seen or talked to my son,” said Gaines’ mother, Erika Wilson.

But so far, those prayers have remained unanswered.

But new clues are emerging. Just this week, private investigators released a surveillance tape from the Wild Bills nightclub, the last place Gaines was seen on November 1st.

"Security guards were saying he was in good spirits," Wilson said. Guards saw Gaines get into a car.

After countless hours of combing the area around Wild Bills, Gaines' family is finding they have nowhere else to look. "It's really hard to realize that we really don’t know where he is," Wilson said.

So, friends and families continue to put the spotlight on Gaines, not letting anyone forget who he is, and that he’s missing.
http://www.crimeandjustice.us/forums/lofiversion/index.php?t11575.html

vms
Monkey Junky

« Reply #71 on: December 18, 2007, 10:38:34 PM »

More Help in Search for Missing Teen

Reported by: Jerry Carnes
Last Modified: 12/18/2007 8:22:07 PM

Erika Wilson's didn’t have the heart to put up her Christmas tree this year. Her daughter had to do it.

Now, Erika finds it hard to look at a tree that smiles at her with homemade ornaments made years ago by her son Justin.

"It's torture,” said Wilson. “Without Justin, how can it be the same? When you don't know where your child is, when you go to sleep when it's cold outside and you don't know if he's warm, it's hard to think about Christmas."

It's been well over a month now since 18-year-old Justin Gaines was captured on security video entering Wild Bill's Club in Duluth.
His family and friends have searched a 30 square mile area around the club trying to find out what's happened since that night, without any success.

Now, they want to decorate the area with billboards and buttons and posters to remind everyone of the case.

The owners of Urban Flats restaurant in Snellville have declared this Thursday “Justin Gaines Day of Hope.” The business will donate all of that day's profits to help the family pay for their efforts.

"There's a mom and dad and five or six brothers and sisters who are hurting,” said owner Bob Rodgers. “We wanted to do something to benefit them."

Erika Wilson said one of Justin's brothers once asked for a laptop computer to take to college next year. Now, he says he wants nothing for Christmas except to have his brother back home. Erika, meanwhile, avoids her Christmas tree except to look at one ornament, and angel given to her by a friend.

"It says ‘you're in my hearts and prayers,’" said Wilson. "It's there for Justin so he comes home safely."

Article Link

Video Link

vms
Monkey Junky

« Reply #72 on: December 23, 2007, 06:18:48 PM »

TOUCHED BY A STORY

Family still lives with not knowing

By ANDRIA SIMMONS
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 12/23/07
AJC Gwinnett News reporters and photographers covered thousands of stories this year. We asked our staff to share with readers how a particular story touched them — personally or professionally. "Touched by a Story" is the result. In the next few days, we hope you also will be touched by these stories. In the process, you will get a glimpse into the workings of the journalists who hustle every day to bring you the news.

It is surely every mother's worst nightmare having a child who doesn't come home.

Erika Wilson and her husband, Steve Wilson, of Snellville, are still living that nightmare today, almost two months after their 18-year-old son Justin Gaines disappeared from a Duluth nightclub on Nov. 1. There have been no solid clues, no leads to follow, no body, nothing. It must be, in a word, terrifying.

Gaines vanished a few hours after friends dropped him off at Wild Bill's nightclub in the Gwinnett Place mall area of Duluth.

Friends have told Gaines' family that he used fake IDs to buy alcohol that night, a commonplace infraction for fun-seeking college students.

The muscular, outgoing teenager was last heard from shortly before 2 a.m., when he made several calls from his cellphone to friends asking for a ride home. None of his buddies were able to pick him up, and he never returned home, family members said.

The former Brookwood High School student was living near Athens, attending the Oconee campus of Gainesville College, but he frequently returned to Snellville to visit his family on weekends.

The family graciously allowed me into their home as search parties organized in the weeks after the disappearance and allowed me to witness their emotional roller coaster. I don't know if I could have done the same in their place.

Something else that touched me even more than this family's tragic circumstances was their obvious love and concern for one another. They were short on sleep and worried out of their minds. On top of that, they had to worry about caring for the six other children in their blended family. Yet in the banquet hall of Berkmar United Methodist Church in Duluth, while search party volunteers organized one morning, I saw Erica Wilson lean into her husband and whisper "I love you," as he patted her arm and replied, "I love you, too."

Steve Wilson rarely let his wife out of his sight, worrying aloud to me at one point, "She could fall apart at any minute." Gaines' grandparents also jumped in, eager to help, and they were thrilled to be given the task of handling the sign-up sheet for volunteers.

Each day, I hoped there would be some news to bring this family closure, even if it was the worst-case scenario that he had been found dead. It never happened. The family went on to celebrate Thanksgiving without him, and now it appears that Christmas will be the same.

The Wilson family remains determined to find him. They have hired a private investigator, opened a Justin Gaines search fund and started a nonprofit organization to help pay for fliers and billboards. Every Thursday, they return to the "18-and-up" night at Wild Bill's to put fliers on all the cars, hoping patrons will provide a clue to Gaines' disappearance.

"This is the hardest thing, just not knowing anything," Erica Wilson said in an interview last month, adding "I'll never give up on finding my baby, never."

• Andria Simmons is the AJC Gwinnett News police news and courts reporter. Reach her at 770-263-3660. If you have any information on this missing persons case, call 1-877-270-9500.

Article Link

vms
Monkey Junky

« Reply #73 on: December 23, 2007, 06:27:46 PM »

Tough Christmas for Missing Teen's Family

The holidays are usually a joyful, fun-filled time for families. But for one metro Atlanta family there's an empty seat at the dinner table.

Justin Gaines, 18, has been missing for nearly two months.

The family will tell you their lives are now forever referred to by one marker: what happened before Justin disappeared and after.

On this Christmas, as family members from as far away as Ohio and Las Vegas laughed and caught up, it is almost unbearable for Erika and Steven Wilson.
Their son Justin disappeared November 1st from the Wild Bills nightclub in Gwinnett County.

Friends say he called them late that night asking for a ride home but no one could make it. No one knows what happened after that.

Gwinnett County Police are investigating Justin's case.

In the meantime, family members have set up a Web site asking for information, put up billboards and have passed out an estimated 5,000 flyers.

11 Alive Link

vms
Monkey Junky

« Reply #74 on: December 27, 2007, 08:57:39 AM »

Holidays Hard for Gaines' Family

As some are cleaning up in the kitchen others catch up with cousins while others fuss over the newest babies in the family. By all outward appearances this is a typical family Christmas dinner until you notice the sudden, fallen faces and palpable moments of sadness as they remember who's not there.

"It's not the same its not Christmas it's not anything like Christmas," said 21-year-old Joe Wilson.

He misses his younger brother, Justin Gaines, who's been missing now for nearly two months. His absence is felt hardest by his parents Steven and Erika Wilson.

"Christmas won't be the same you go through the motions because of the other kids can't go without because you're not emotional there but it still won't be the same," said Steven Wilson.

Justin Gaines is a freshman at Gainesville College and lives in Athens. Friends last saw him the night of November 1, 2007 going into the nightclub Wild Bills in Gwinnett County. Friends say all he had with him was two fake IDs, a little cash and a cell phone. According to one friend, Justin called him asking for a ride home but the friend couldn't make it. Justin was never heard from again.

For Justin's mother spending Thanksgiving without him was hard enough. Christmas, she says, is excruciating.

"Every day is harder. New Year's is going to be hard because it will be two months that he hasn't been home if he doesn't come home before then," said his mother.

Gwinnett county police are investigating Gaines' disappearance and the family has hired a private detective. In the meantime they've set up a website in Justin's name, www.justingaines.com, along with erecting billboards and passing out an estimated 5,000 flyers. Now all they can do is wait for someone to call the toll free hotline number with information.

"Somebody knows where he is and I just wish they'd let us know so we could find him and know what's going on to help our family," cried Erika Wilson.

11 Alive Article Link

Video Link

vms
Monkey Junky

« Reply #75 on: February 12, 2008, 01:13:29 PM »

Police Suspect Foul Play In GA College Student Disappearance

Gainesville State college student Justin Gaines has been missing since November 1, 2007, and up until February, 2008, police had treated his case as a missing persons case. But police now say they have information to suggest Justin met with foul play.

http://amw.com/missing_persons/brief.cfm?id=51347

Police investigate possible foul play in teen's disappearance

By ANDRIA SIMMONS
Published on: 02/08/08

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/gwinnett/stories/2008/02/08/gaines0209.html

'Foul play' in Gaines case? Police say leads may point to that

By Andria Simmons
Published on: 02/09/08

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/gwinnett/stories/2008/02/09/gaines0209.html?cxntlid=inform

Foul Play Suspected In Justin Gaines Case
Reward For Information Raised To $25,000

http://www.cbs46.com/news/15252622/detail.html

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #76 on: February 19, 2008, 01:29:32 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4S_G-b2stI

Nice personal Video of Justin. He sure is a handsome guy! Wish there was some news. I do fear when it comes, it won't be good. I also think his friends know more. I follow along in scangwinnet forum with his Mom Erica. I am not a member and don't post, but it is sad to see so many in pain. So many in pain, all over....so sad.

MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #77 on: March 04, 2008, 09:12:26 AM »

was checking to see if there was any new news.....nothing in the past few weeks....wish they'd get more info on their leads and bring this young man home to his family.

Maine, born and raised!
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #78 on: March 04, 2008, 02:52:26 PM »

Here is the forum I spoke of if you'd like to check it now and then.
http://www.scangwinnett.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=106

MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #79 on: March 04, 2008, 08:15:15 PM »

thanks Nut, I will go check it out.

Maine, born and raised!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.