April 25, 2024, 03:37:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Make 30 Words Out Of A Word  (Read 9887 times)
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« on: November 08, 2007, 11:17:47 PM »

Revolution

1.Rev
2.Volt
3.Ion
4.Ton
5.Tin
6.Lute
7.Not
8.Mot
9.Ore
10.Ere
11.Nit
12.Nor
13.Rot
14. Evolution
15.Over
16.Ever
17.Out
18.Rent
19.Tor
20.Never
21.Rue
22.Rule
23.Vote
24.Tote
25.Nil
Revolution
26.Over
27.Nut
28.Ton
29.Tun
30.Nil

Louise, honey, we've been using 1 word and taking turns for a while...you just threw us a big curve ball....is that a CA thing?   Laughing...and you have some dups...

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 09:44:50 PM »

2NJSons_Mom wrote:

"Louise, honey, we've been using 1 word and taking turns for a while...you just threw us a big curve ball....is that a CA thing?   ...and you have some dups..."

Who is "we" ? Are you part of an uber group of Monkeys who control this topic? I only see MuffyBee, Nut44x4 and 2NJSons_Mom posting.

I noticed you changed from conscientiousness to supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. How come I'm not allowed to change to a new word?

What do you mean I threw you a curve ball ... is that a CA thing?  That is an insult not to mention a personal attack.

WTF is going on?

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 12:06:25 AM »

2NJSons_Mom wrote:

"Louise, honey, we've been using 1 word and taking turns for a while...you just threw us a big curve ball....is that a CA thing?   ...and you have some dups..."

Who is "we" ? Are you part of an uber group of Monkeys who control this topic? I only see MuffyBee, Nut44x4 and 2NJSons_Mom posting.

I noticed you changed from conscientiousness to supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. How come I'm not allowed to change to a new word?

What do you mean I threw you a curve ball ... is that a CA thing?  That is an insult not to mention a personal attack.

WTF is going on?

We were on one word, and working towards 30 words, and yes, Muffybee, Nut & I were most often contributing.....We would each take a turn adding a word.  When we reach 30, then we change to a new word.

You added your word and listed many words, which threw us off and I was trying to be humorous in my response.  It seems that you didn't sense the humor and I'm sorry about that.  That's what's going on, nothing more. 

I hope all is well with you, Louise.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 12:15:59 AM »

2NJSons_Mom wrote:

WTF is going on?

We were on one word, and working towards 30 words, and yes, Muffybee, Nut & I were most often contributing.....We would each take a turn adding a word.  When we reach 30, then we change to a new word.

You added your word and listed many words, which threw us off and I was trying to be humorous in my response.  It seems that you didn't sense the humor and I'm sorry about that.  That's what's going on, nothing more. 

I hope all is well with you, Louise.

Oh, and to be clear, WE means any SM member who wants to contribute to the game, which also includes you, Louise.....WE meant the registered members.....unfortunately, not many play the games. 

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 12:31:58 AM »

I'm going to move all posts relating to this misunderstanding, that's exactly what it was.  I won't delete, I'll just move the posts to the LCD archives, OK?
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2007, 06:53:55 AM »

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2007, 03:34:08 PM »

Here is the next post by CBB, after Klaas' initial post when the game started:

OK, I'll bite!

1. dimension
2. mention
3. nation
4. admire
5. quality

Is it ok that I did more than one?

Edited to add:  always include the first one and in the future you should probably just do one word at a time, lol  Laughing
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 01:18:15 AM by klaasend »

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2007, 04:12:12 PM »

I looked over the threads of the game since we started playing.  This particular game on the 30 word game  thread appears to be played consistently in the manner of a start word and a poster taking a turn and posting ONE word, and then another poster will post a word in turn and etc., until we reach 30 or more words.  I hope we can continue in this manner.  It's fun.  There might be a second game that was played on the 30 word game thread, causing confusion.  That would be where a poster took the start word and posted all the words they know of from that word and put them in one big post.  That would be a different game, wouldn't it?  That happened a couple of times on the 30 word game thread by the same poster and at the time it was mildly annoying. (See page 2 of 30 word game thread) I figured it was a misunderstanding, and jokingkly commented that poster "was on a roll".  We picked up and began play again.  Twice.  We are back here again.  I want to play and have fun.  I enjoy playing with anyone on the game threads and I know we make mistakes.  But could we please all play consistently?  It feels like someone putting a stick in the spoke otherwise...The beauty of this game is it's being played together on a forum.  I could take the word that is in the game section of my newspaper daily and write down all the words I can make with it.  That's one thing.  It's another to play here with others, taking turns.  I regret that you had your feelings hurt Louise, and I hope you know and realize we wub you.  I also wub 2NJ a lot and look forward to playing games with her here, along with Angie, Nut, CBB, and everyone that would want to play.  No, I'm not the game admin/ref/ump whatever.  But along with the rest, I too have an opinion and have been playing the games and I would like to continue playing.  This is probably a misunderstanding, as Klaas said. That said, Louise, would you please just post one word and then wait until another poster posts their one word?  I am certain I will get a lot of criticism rained down on my head for this, but so be it.  It's just a game.  How about some fair play? 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2007, 05:59:39 PM »

I wish to apologize to all of you playing the "Make 30 Words Out Of A Word" game. I didn't realize how to play this game by adding just one word at a time. I'm really sorry.

Muffy, I remember your saying I was on a roll but didn't get it that I was not playing the game correctly. Sigh ... now that I understand the rules, I will play the game according to the rules.

I'm very sorry for my misunderstanding. I wub all of you, too.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2007, 06:16:08 PM »

I wish to apologize to all of you playing the "Make 30 Words Out Of A Word" game. I didn't realize how to play this game by adding just one word at a time. I'm really sorry.

Muffy, I remember your saying I was on a roll but didn't get it that I was not playing the game correctly. Sigh ... now that I understand the rules, I will play the game according to the rules.

I'm very sorry for my misunderstanding. I wub all of you, too.

Awww, Louise...  I'm sorry.  I didn't realize you didn't know  how to play the game  Sad  But you do now, right?  And I hope you will continue to play.      I admire your wit and style.  {{hugs}}.   Everyone makes a boo-boo now and then and we just go    and keep on playing.  Louise, I am very sorry if I've said anything that hurt your feelings.  What you say makes sense now.    For a while there I was going  scratch  We're all good now, right?    

ohcanada
Scared Monkey

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2009, 03:26:24 PM »

this is a test
ohcanada
Scared Monkey

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2009, 03:27:12 PM »

pull ahead test
ohcanada
Scared Monkey

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2009, 03:30:49 PM »

picture test
ohcanada
Scared Monkey

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2009, 03:34:01 PM »

picture pull ahead test

monkey thing test
ohcanada
Scared Monkey

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2009, 03:39:40 PM »

hi there
 underline try[/u]

bold try
ohcanada
Scared Monkey

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2009, 03:41:40 PM »

bold try works   this should not be bold
ohcanada
Scared Monkey

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2009, 06:14:14 PM »

pullahead test 2
boldnot boldunderline not underline
ohcanada
Scared Monkey

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2009, 08:42:39 PM »

pullahead test 2
[/pull ahead 3  using quote buttonquote]
ohcanada
Scared Monkey

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2009, 08:44:38 PM »

pullahead test 2
pull ahead 4 using quote button then typing outside the
word quote
ohcanada
Scared Monkey

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2009, 08:48:22 PM »

pullahead test 2
pull ahead 4 using quote button then typing outside the
word quote
bold type
underlined
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.