March 29, 2024, 02:02:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tangena Hussain, 2, MI- Amber Alert: Missing 2 Year Old Girl  (Read 22194 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2009, 09:41:19 PM »

January 13, 2009
   Missing tot's trail goes cold after three months

By Rupa Mikkilineni
Nancy Grace Producer
CNN

NEW YORK (CNN) -- Two-year-old Tangena Hussain vanished three months ago in the Detroit suburb of Hamtramck, Michigan, and police say the trail has gone cold.
Tangena's mother called police on the evening of October 2, 2008, to report her daughter missing after frantically searching the area where she was last seen.

The child's mother, Nilufa Begum, told police she had left the girl in the care of her boyfriend, Jamrul Hussain. Although Tangena and Hussain have the same last name, he is not her father.

Begum told investigators her daughter was with Hussain all day while she worked at the Northland Mall. Hussain said he stopped at a gas station with Tangena while on the way to the mall to pick up Begum.

They stopped at about 9 p.m. to buy gum and juice, he said. Hussain told police he left Tangena in the car for only a few moments and when he returned, the little girl was gone.

He did not call police and did not conduct a search, but instead drove to the mall and picked up Begum, investigators said.

When she saw Tangena was not with Hussain, Begum asked him where she was. His response was cryptic, she told police. He said he would take her to the place where her daughter was.

Begum became alarmed as Hussain drove to a gas station where, he said, Tangena disappeared. They searched for Tangena together, while Begum called the police to report her daughter missing.

A surveillance camera shows the boyfriend, Hussain, going into the gas station's store, police said. On the video, he makes some purchases and leaves within a few minutes. But there is no video of the area where Hussain parked his car, nor any video that could show whether the little girl had been there or how she might have disappeared.

Police have not named a person of interest in the toddler's disappearance.

When the media picked up the story, a teenager came forward, saying she recognized Hussain as the man who allegedly attacked her. During the investigation, police discovered that the young accuser, then 15, had been Hussain's prior girlfriend.

Hussain, 24, was arrested and charged with two counts of having sex with a minor. He is free on bail while awaiting trial.

"My client is innocent of the charges. He did not have sex with a minor child," said Hussain's lawyer, Shawn Patrick Smith.

Tangena's parents said they just want answers. Her father, Mohammad Ahmed, lives in New York and added $5,000 to an existing Crimestopper's reward of $1,000.

"We are praying that someone knows something that can help us find my daughter," Ahmed said. "How can a child disappear without someone seeing something? Something doesn't fit about [Hussain's] story."

When questioned, Begun told police only she and Hussain saw Tangena in the week leading up to her October 2 disappearance.

A Michigan Amber Alert was issued for Tangena at 5 a.m. the morning after she disappeared. But in the months since, police have hit a dead end.

Police and family members are turning to the public for help. If anyone has seen Tangena Hussain or has any information regarding her whereabouts, please call the Detroit Police Department at 313-596-1240.

Tangena is 3' 2" tall, weighs 34 lbs, has black short hair, brown eyes, and is of East Indian descent. She was last seen wearing white cargo pants, brown long-sleeved T-shirt with a cartoon picture on the front and gold sandals.

The reward for information leading to the whereabouts of Tangena Hussain is $6,000.
http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/01/13/grace.coldcase.hussain/index.html?eref=ib_topstories

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2009, 05:10:59 PM »

FBI offering reward for information about missing girl
April 22, 2009

A $20,000 reward is being offered for information that leads to finding a missing Hamtramck girl, the FBI announced today.

Tangena Hussain last was seen about 9:30 p.m. Oct. 2 at a gas station at 20500 Greenfield Road in Detroit. Hussain was 2 years old when she went missing. Her birthday was April 10.

Anyone with information about the girl is asked to contact the FBI Detroit Field Office at (313) 965-2323 or the Detroit Police Department at (313) 596-1240.
http://www.thetimesherald.com/article/20090422/NEWS05/90422011/-1/NEWSFRONT2

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2009, 08:24:52 AM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 05:26:41 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2009, 07:12:29 PM »

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/19605313/detail.html

Site Searched In Tangena Hussain Case
Police Say Psychic Contacts Them With Search Location

UPDATED: 7:12 pm EDT May 29, 2009
DETROIT -- Police began their search for a missing 2-year-old metro Detroit toddler seven months ago, and the search continued Friday with a lead from a psychic.

The Hamtramck toddler, Tangena Hussain, reportedly disappeared from a car while her mother's boyfriend stopped at a gas station on Greenfield Road in Detroit on Oct. 2, 2008.

The boyfriend, Jamrul Hussain, is currently jailed on unrelated charges. He is not the toddler's biological father.

Detroit police searched the area of Interstate 94 and French Road, on the city's east side after a psychic named Ed Dames contacted them about a month ago.

Detroit police Commander Paul Welles said Dames told them he had an ESP skill called remote viewing.

"He sent a Google map that shows us the area," Welles said. "He said he'd like to come out, he feels strongly that the body was hidden there."

Police said they offered to help Dames search the area, but that he went to the site later on his own.

"It caused some concern that he would come and not solicit our help," Welles said. "At least get him to the location, show him around, and then be there if indeed he found anything."

Police said Dames insisted that he had a hunch about the area and told police to check two drains, roughly 18 inches in diameter.

Police said they searched with a cadaver dog but found only trash.

"If a person calls in today and feels as though they know the whereabouts of a small child, the Detroit Police Department is going to follow up on it."

There is a reward being offered for information in the case.

Anyone with information is asked to contact the FBI at 313-965-2323, or the Detroit Police Department at 313-596-1240.

Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2009, 10:16:00 AM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,559242,00.html

$20G Reward Offered for Missing Detroit Girl, 2, From Bangladesh

Friday, October 02, 2009

Tangena Hussain

DETROIT —  Investigators are expected to release a bilingual poster seeking information into the 2008 disappearance of a 2-year-old Bangladeshi girl from the Detroit area.

The poster and details of a $20,000 reward come Friday, a year after Tangena Hussain was reported missing by her mother's live-in boyfriend at a Detroit gas station.

The poster will be distributed in Hamtramck, a Detroit enclave with a large Bangladeshi population.

Jamrul Hussain is not Tangena's biological father. He told police he left the girl in his car when he went to buy chewing gum and juice. He says Tangena was not in the car when he returned.

An extensive search of the area and Tangena's neighborhood turned up nothing. No one has been charged in the case.

Click here for more on this report from MyFOXDetroit.com

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
linds1980
Scared Monkey

« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2009, 04:36:36 AM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE

« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 05:27:33 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2009, 06:30:25 PM »

I hope this guy doesn't get away with anything in either case. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2009, 12:47:17 PM »

http://www.freep.com/article/20091205/NEWS01/91205008/1319/Tangena-Hussain-case-on-Americas-Most-Wanted-tonight

Posted: 10:30 a.m. Dec. 5, 2009
Tangena Hussain case on America's Most Wanted tonight

The case of missing Tangena Hussain, a then-2-year-old who was reported missing at a Detroit gas station on Oct. 2, 2008, will agan be featured tonight on the Fox television show "America's Most Wanted" at 9 p.m.

Her mother's boyfriend at the time, Jamrul Hussain, no relation to the girl, told police he left Tangena inside his locked car when he went inside a service station convenience store just after 9 p.m. When he came out, he told investigators, the girl was gone. Jamrul Hussain claimed the girl was abducted though there was no sign someone had broken into the vehicle.

In-store surveillance cameras captured Jamrul in the store and then a few minutes later hurrying back in. He reportedly told store personnel the girl was no longer in the car.

Jamrul then drove to pick up Tangena's mother, Nilufa Begum, from her job at a nearby mall before returning to the gas station. They asked gas station employees if there were cameras outside the building where the car had been parked but were told there were none.

At about 9:30 p.m., the couple called police to report Tangena missing.

An Amber alert was issued early Oct. 3, 2008 for the girl, who was reported last seen wearing a long-sleeved T-shirt, brown with some kind of cartoon character on it, white nylon cargo pants and gold sandals.

The next day, Oct. 4, 2008, Jamrul Hussain was arrested on unrelated charges of misconduct and kidnapping involving a Dearborn girl that allegedly occurred in February.

Tonight's TV broadcast of Tangena's case on America's Most Wanted will be the fourth airing since her disappearance, the third this year. Her story was originally presented on Nov. 8, 2008, just a little over a month after Tangena's disappearance.

Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2010, 08:17:06 AM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 05:24:44 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2010, 09:35:06 AM »

http://www.helpfindmychild.net/tangena-hussain

Mommy

LynneinMd.
Scared Monkey

« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2011, 10:38:57 PM »

The mother went home to Banglidesh without knowing what happened to her baby?  It sounds like she knows Tangena isn't coming back.
Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.