April 19, 2024, 11:56:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Trip To Kuwait  (Read 39597 times)
Sue
Monkey Junky

« on: November 14, 2007, 04:05:52 PM »

Yes that is right I am here now, and sheesh I get into the forum easier from here then home. so far knock on wood
Well I arrived this morning after a long ass trip from washington state. I flew to London arriving there early with a
8 hour lay over then flew onto Kuwait I was quite surprised we flew all through Iraq that was interesting looking down on.. But I arrive here wednesday morning 7 am and was happily reunited with my daughter who has been living here for over a year now. I am here for 2 weeks.. my first day i spend out cold i was so tired from travel i slept until tonight and look where I am now blogging at midnight.. I will be going out a bit tomorrow while my daughter works
and take some pics and try to post i am not good at that.. but from what i can see very sandy country and toasty warm.. the area i am there is mass construction loks like apartment/ condo being build and my daughter calls teh rest sand lots.. LMFAO  i will post pictures hopefully Klaas can walk me through that again.. just thought i would share my vacation since i cant do alot here. I wont drive they are nutters and my daughter has to work she will be off every other day for us to go sight seeing if there is anything really to see.. I do plan on going to Kuwait towers as they say that is best place to see the city and take pictures.. I really want to ride a camel but my daughter said I was smoking crack.. but sheesh when do you have a chance to ride a camel ?? well I am safe and sound so far
i will keep you informed and post pictures soon.. BTW no caffine in pop here , that should be a crime right there..
but there is starbucks so I am in there.. take care keep up good work

Ps I hope they nail cop dude he is a goon

Joran, Deepak & Satish You F***ers will never be worth anything in your life ever
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 04:14:38 PM »

WOW - all the way from Kuwait!  Cool!  Let me know when you are ready to post some photos and I'll gladly help.  You can always email me at smklaas@hotmail.com

P.S. I hear camels are pretty mean  Laughing
Sue
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 04:18:07 PM »

WOW - all the way from Kuwait!  Cool!  Let me know when you are ready to post some photos and I'll gladly help.  You can always email me at smklaas@hotmail.com

P.S. I hear camels are pretty mean  Laughing

well i heard they spit and stink, but like i told my daughter i dont want to live with one just ride one LOL

Joran, Deepak & Satish You F***ers will never be worth anything in your life ever
NYC_lover
Monkey Junky Jr.

The Mercedes GL

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 04:23:12 PM »

Wow cool Sue!

How is the situation in Kuwait?
Do u have see this kind of thing is Kuwait?
http://www.solarnavigator.net/geography/geography_images/Kuwait_City_Liberation_Tower.jpg

This picture seems very good for Kuwait, I never thought this buildings they have there.
And do they people there speak good English? Or just only Arabic?

I am glad hear this media attention from the Netherlands. ‘Recherche verdraait informatie te vaak’
Investigators in a black breach and again a bad name of the Dutch police. It smells again to Corrpution and a negative researching in missing persons cases
Sue
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 05:07:55 PM »

Wow cool Sue!

How is the situation in Kuwait?
Do u have see this kind of thing is Kuwait?
http://www.solarnavigator.net/geography/geography_images/Kuwait_City_Liberation_Tower.jpg

This picture seems very good for Kuwait, I never thought this buildings they have there.
And do they people there speak good English? Or just only Arabic?

oklet me try this again i typed all this stuff to you and when i click send my internet died which happens here often
so I will try and go quicker.. things are good here in Kuwait, Many older ppl here appreciate the americans as we saved there country. the younger generation just dont understand from what i have heard.. My Greeter this morning told me the older kuwaitee really love americans , many speak there native language but some do try speaking english.i just met my daughters neighbor who my daughter said hasnt spoke to her once since she has lived in this building and she tried very hard to speak english and I thought she did quite well. what i have seen so far is alot of cement,brick and sand
very dry barron country flying in.. mass construction going on specially where my daughter lives which is south of kuwait city on the east coast of kuwait in a town called Mouboula.. there is alot of american in this area
I will post some pics tomorrow

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2007, 11:32:57 PM »

Well Sue, since we just spoke at Greta's blog and that's how I found out about this exciting trip of yours, I came over to say hi and looking forward to seeing your pics.  Hope your trip is enjoyable and educational.  Please tell us all the details as you are able.  I hope the young one's learn from the elders what the Americans have done for them.  It's there history, there opportunity to excell and I hope they stay our friends!

Have fun and See ya soon!

Di

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
Sue
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2007, 12:13:15 AM »

okie first off meet my grandson, he is sure happy to have company during the day,but he keeps attacking my
feet he even drew blood little monster

but he is pretty damn cute

« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 12:14:04 AM by klaasend » Logged

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2007, 12:14:45 AM »

He's beautiful!
Sue
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2007, 12:17:30 AM »

This is looking out my daughters kitchen window, This is what she calls the sand lot
There is much construction going on here many condo,apartments and they call them FLATS

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2007, 12:17:38 AM »

Sue - FYI, you can actually resize your photos in photobucket.  If you go to EDIT, then RESIZE and make them 640 x 480 they will fit the page better.   Don't make them any smaller than 320 x 240 though or they will be too small. 

Not that you have to resize them, I just thought I'd let you know. 
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2007, 12:22:09 AM »

Have a great visit with your daughter !!  Awesome photos  Smile   Ty for sharing them..  !!!
 What a view from her kitchen window..  WOW !
Sue
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2007, 12:23:06 AM »

here is looking from her balcony.. the Building straight ahead she said they been working on since she came here a year ago, on the back side they just put in a Starbucks and Cinnabon thank god

the building to the left is under construction, like many i see from every angle
the water in the back ground YES is the Gulf I guess when I go look close enough there is a HUGE navy
shipparked out there because there is a NO fly going on so there launching planes from the ship

Sue
Monkey Junky

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2007, 12:55:53 AM »

Lets try that again quicker the internet goes out alot SHEESH
this is looking directly from my daughter balcony

nice sunny day looking over the gulf

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2007, 01:04:39 AM »

Great pictures Sue!

Are all of the building so tall?  Is most of the housing like that?
Sue
Monkey Junky

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2007, 01:06:40 AM »

more construction in back ground

Sue
Monkey Junky

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2007, 01:53:09 AM »

Well everytime I post something and take the time to write everything out
The internet kicks out and I lose everything I typed,So Im gonna try this typing
Into word and copy and paste so it is faster..
With the few picture I posted there are taken in Mahboula, Kuwait.
That is where my daughter lives and most of the american that live here.
As you can see there is a lot of construction going on as they are building up this area
A great deal. Here are a few things I have learned and some strange ones also
I can take pictures of anything, But I can not directly take any pictures of the woman
Or there children. You do not approach woman here and talk to them . I havent been out much
Yet but the woman I have seen all wear Burka’s and cover up I have seen a few without but not
Many..I am sure I will get some pics of woman but I will not disrespect them and point a camera
At them. Now this morning 5 am I heard all this loud arabic talking , I was like what the hell
My daughter boyfriend took me to the balcony and pointed to this make shift building /shed
Thingee and said it was a make shift mosque for the workers and stuff and all the racket I heard
Was him calling out for prayer.. rather rude at 5 am but what the hell.. Next time I am up at 5 am
I will record this with my camera and post it.. I guess there is another one coming at Noon for prayer
Again.. I am 8 floors above he wont know im recording.. I thought it was quite nice my daughters
upstairs neighbor knocked on the door she is a kuwait police officer and although my daughter has
lived in this building since February this lady has never spoke to her.. well she was asking us
If we minded that they are having BIG party and there will be live music and wanted to know if it was
ok , her english was poor but I thought she didn’t really well I understood exaclty what she was saying
My daughter on the other hand was like HUH??? She was quite friendly and asked us for coffee and
invited us to this big party.. I want to go I am eager to see and learn there culture.
If I go I will make sure I tell you all about it .. My sleep schedule is so screwed up I don’t know
Whether I am coming or going..I arrived here Wednesday morning 7 am took me 24 hours of travel to
 get here, I stayed up a few hours and crashed hard not waking until my daughter got home 7 pm last
night , well I have been up ever since it is 9:30 am Thursday morning almost time for a nap I think.
My daughter has a very demanding job and cant really take extra days off which I understand
This is a vacation for me and anyone that knows me personally know I don’t leave my job often
So I am just glad to be away, She will be off Saturday and we will go raise hell here and I will get lot
More pictures..This is just such a great expierence I am just happy to be here with my daughter
Well I will write more later and if the damn internet will allow I will post pictures also

Ps funny when you look at Monkey home page all the ads mine are all in arabic

Sue
Monkey Junky

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2007, 01:56:10 AM »

Great pictures Sue!

Are all of the building so tall?  Is most of the housing like that?

It all appears to be housing, and most of what i have seen is tall.. it does appear that lower
floors are business like that building directly in front it is Starbucks and Cinnabon and there is a
Ruby Tuesdays across from that

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2007, 02:10:12 AM »

How fascinating!  I would love to go to that party and learn a new culture too!   How nice of the neighbor to ask!

It's nice scenery, and so close to the beach.  I bet that would be interesting, just to walk up and down the beach.   

ROFL, when you got woke up at 5am prayer time!  I couldn't help but crack up.  That would get sooo annoying!  Well luckily you are around the American part and have some Western restauants/coffeeshops to hit up!   But make sure you hit any markets and try new things too.  Try to take advantage of the new temporary life, enjoy and learn!

Thanks so much for sharing this exciting trip.  I wish I was there! Wink

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
Sue
Monkey Junky

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2007, 10:17:31 PM »

How fascinating!  I would love to go to that party and learn a new culture too!   How nice of the neighbor to ask!

It's nice scenery, and so close to the beach.  I bet that would be interesting, just to walk up and down the beach.   

ROFL, when you got woke up at 5am prayer time!  I couldn't help but crack up.  That would get sooo annoying!  Well luckily you are around the American part and have some Western restauants/coffeeshops to hit up!   But make sure you hit any markets and try new things too.  Try to take advantage of the new temporary life, enjoy and learn!

Thanks so much for sharing this exciting trip.  I wish I was there! Wink

I recorded like a one minute video of this calling of prayer but i cant get it to upload from here partly there damn Pc
I will post when I get home.. sheeesh at lunch time they do the calling there was like 50 men bowing on carpets in parking lots
and a guy chanting prayer over a loud speaker for over a hour

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2007, 10:20:08 PM »

Sue - did you go to that party? 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.