April 24, 2024, 08:02:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Trip To Kuwait  (Read 39612 times)
Sue
Monkey Junky

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2007, 10:35:33 PM »

Sue - did you go to that party? 

no it was was daughters day off work and she took me out, I will be posting about that outing
quite sad actually we visited the zoo.. im sure you have been to a few zoo's in your days like i have
this was just sad and pathetic and these people here have NO appreciation for the beauty of the animals

Joran, Deepak & Satish You F***ers will never be worth anything in your life ever
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2007, 10:58:25 PM »

Sue - did you go to that party? 

no it was was daughters day off work and she took me out, I will be posting about that outing
quite sad actually we visited the zoo.. im sure you have been to a few zoo's in your days like i have
this was just sad and pathetic and these people here have NO appreciation for the beauty of the animals

How sad.  Did you get photos at the zoo?
Sue
Monkey Junky

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2007, 11:02:01 PM »

Quite honestly i am happy sitting around I think I will actual survive this vacation
The people drive like total maniacs they dont use blinkers, they speed in excess
I have seen 3 major wreck in just a few times i have been out and my daughter has seen
more then she can count. I will get some pictures of wrecked cars on side of road they leave there
we had a guy yesterday blow past us I swear he was going more then 100 miles an hour weaving
in and out of traffic. the kids dont wear seat belts i see them bouncing all over the cars
and helmet are optional on motorcycles. I looked up some statisitic it is quite disturbing
If I lose my daughter here it will be because of a traffic accident
Kuwait

Overall facts and figures
The rate of traffic accidents in Kuwait is four times more than in most industrial countries.
The total number of dead during the past 10 years has reached 3,000.
Kuwait ranks third in the number of deaths caused due to road accidents

2003 Statistics
45,376 accidents took place
An average of 124 accidents per day
372 people killed

2004 Statistics
55,000 traffic accidents took place
An average of 150 accidents per day
400 people killed

2005 Statistics
57,000 traffic accidents were reported
An average of 156 accidents per day
455 people killed

2006 Statistics
There were 44 road fatalities in January of 2006
There were 39 road fatalities in May of 2006
There were 29 road fatalities in June of 2006
273 persons died in road accidents over the period Jan 2006 - September 2006
Source - Kuwait Society for Traffic Safety (KSTs)

Source - Kuwait General Traffic Department

honestly i was petrified being in a car

Joran, Deepak & Satish You F***ers will never be worth anything in your life ever
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2007, 11:05:31 PM »

I noticed in the photos you posted I didn't see any people?  Is that because it's all new construction or is it an area people just don't walk around in much?
Sue
Monkey Junky

« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2007, 11:15:12 PM »

there are lots of people  but your not suppose to take pictures of the woman
im trying hard to respect there culture although i wanted to beat a few of there kids at the zoo
there was so many people at zoo we were only american in the whole place so I didnt take alot
of pictures as i didnt want to appear to be taking pictures of them

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2007, 11:27:45 PM »

im trying hard to respect there culture although i wanted to beat a few of there kids at the zoo
there was so many people at zoo we were only american in the whole place so I didnt take alot
How bad were the conditions for the animals at the zoo?
Sue
Monkey Junky

« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2007, 11:39:19 PM »

How bad were the conditions for the animals at the zoo?

there is NO naturla surrounding like you would see like at the San diago Zoo, there is NO water filtration system
in any of the water pools for ducks,hippo, water feeders nothing apparently they had a big break out of bird flu
at the zoo and lost many birds, LIke the goat pens there was way to many of them for the small pens so it stunk to high heavens.. I soon as I run updates on Pc I will uplaod the pics I took and post them.. but there pens are dry and barron
very few plants it is very hot they do have indoor areas for them. at one point the kid were beating on side door had these little coyotes just pacing frantically and one girl was flicking her water bottle full of water at the dingos'
the kids were feeding the monkeys and stuff junk food throwing stuff at them.. they throw empty plastic bottles, pop cans and other crap in the cages here there pop can have the full pull off tabs like the old days I was seeing the tabs inside cages it was very sad the animals dont even look happy at all we left there depressed

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2007, 11:54:24 PM »

OMG Sue, how horrible!
Sue
Monkey Junky

« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2007, 06:49:05 AM »

Sue
Monkey Junky

« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2007, 06:52:43 AM »

Sue
Monkey Junky

« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2007, 06:58:04 AM »

If your wondering about TV yes they have cable here and yes they have american TV shows

here is a sample of what you see on the screen

everything is in english with arabic subtitles   hehehe

Sue
Monkey Junky

« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2007, 07:00:01 AM »

First off i want to say I didnt take this picture but it speaks a 1000 words

Can any of you guess which one is my daughter???

Sue
Monkey Junky

« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2007, 07:02:55 AM »

Here is another picture of my sweet little grandson, he keeps me company all day while my daughter works

NYC_lover
Monkey Junky Jr.

The Mercedes GL

« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2007, 03:25:45 PM »

Wow cool Sue!

How is the situation in Kuwait?
Do u have see this kind of thing is Kuwait?
http://www.solarnavigator.net/geography/geography_images/Kuwait_City_Liberation_Tower.jpg

This picture seems very good for Kuwait, I never thought this buildings they have there.
And do they people there speak good English? Or just only Arabic?

oklet me try this again i typed all this stuff to you and when i click send my internet died which happens here often
so I will try and go quicker.. things are good here in Kuwait, Many older ppl here appreciate the americans as we saved there country. the younger generation just dont understand from what i have heard.. My Greeter this morning told me the older kuwaitee really love americans , many speak there native language but some do try speaking english.i just met my daughters neighbor who my daughter said hasnt spoke to her once since she has lived in this building and she tried very hard to speak english and I thought she did quite well. what i have seen so far is alot of cement,brick and sand
very dry barron country flying in.. mass construction going on specially where my daughter lives which is south of kuwait city on the east coast of kuwait in a town called Mouboula.. there is alot of american in this area
I will post some pics tomorrow

When the link does not work, try to copy and past the link in a new internet-window.
Well, I understand about, that they don't speak English, but just try it to speak. It seems there a good buildings in Kuwait.

Maybe your daughter can try to speak Arabic words, to the Kuwait people there.
I am sure they find this very nice when someone speak Arabic to they people there, what don't come from Arabic countrys.
Welcome - Marhaba/Marhaban
Hello - Salam/Salaam/Salama/Salem
(Good)bye - Beslama/bslèmah
How are you? Ana bikhir?
Yes - Naam
No - La
Good morning - Sbah el-khir
Good afternoon - Sbah el-khir
Good evening - Msa el-khir 

I am glad hear this media attention from the Netherlands. ‘Recherche verdraait informatie te vaak’
Investigators in a black breach and again a bad name of the Dutch police. It smells again to Corrpution and a negative researching in missing persons cases
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2007, 05:39:06 PM »

How fascinating!  I would love to go to that party and learn a new culture too!   How nice of the neighbor to ask!

It's nice scenery, and so close to the beach.  I bet that would be interesting, just to walk up and down the beach.   

ROFL, when you got woke up at 5am prayer time!  I couldn't help but crack up.  That would get sooo annoying!  Well luckily you are around the American part and have some Western restauants/coffeeshops to hit up!   But make sure you hit any markets and try new things too.  Try to take advantage of the new temporary life, enjoy and learn!

Thanks so much for sharing this exciting trip.  I wish I was there! Wink

I recorded like a one minute video of this calling of prayer but i cant get it to upload from here partly there damn Pc
I will post when I get home.. sheeesh at lunch time they do the calling there was like 50 men bowing on carpets in parking lots
and a guy chanting prayer over a loud speaker for over a hour

I see you have experienced prayer call and prayers.  Prayers five times a day.  I was in the middle east in a more conservative country than Kuwait.  The stores, restaurants and etc. also closed for prayer.  Shopping and eating out took some planning, because they threw us out of the restaurant or store until prayer was over. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2007, 07:52:52 PM »

Wow, Sue, I somehow missed this the last couple of days, but I did remember you were traveling to Kuwait.

I must say that I experienced the prayer chanting (if that is the right term) when my SIL & I visited Morocco on a church sponsored trip back in early 2001.  We, too, were cautious about the cultural differences.  We only were allowed outside a mosque we visited on a tour.

Anyway, we did ride a camel out in the desert area, through little villages.  I just spent some time trying to find the pictures of us on them, but they are not in my photobucket and not on this PC.  If you do, just be prepared for the shift when the camel gets up, once you get on....hind legs go up first and when that happens you lunge forward a bit...one of my pics was of me when that happened... Shocked

Glad you are spending time with your daughter & 'grandson'...and thanks for sharing the pics, etc.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Sue
Monkey Junky

« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2007, 08:47:21 PM »

Wow cool Sue!

How is the situation in Kuwait?
Do u have see this kind of thing is Kuwait?
http://www.solarnavigator.net/geography/geography_images/Kuwait_City_Liberation_Tower.jpg

This picture seems very good for Kuwait, I never thought this buildings they have there.
And do they people there speak good English? Or just only Arabic

oklet me try this again i typed all this stuff to you and when i click send my internet died which happens here often
so I will try and go quicker.. things are good here in Kuwait, Many older ppl here appreciate the americans as we saved there country. the younger generation just dont understand from what i have heard.. My Greeter this morning told me the older kuwaitee really love americans , many speak there native language but some do try speaking english.i just met my daughters neighbor who my daughter said hasnt spoke to her once since she has lived in this building and she tried very hard to speak english and I thought she did quite well. what i have seen so far is alot of cement,brick and sand
very dry barron country flying in.. mass construction going on specially where my daughter lives which is south of kuwait city on the east coast of kuwait in a town called Mouboula.. there is alot of american in this area
I will post some pics tomorrow

When the link does not work, try to copy and past the link in a new internet-window.
Well, I understand about, that they don't speak English, but just try it to speak. It seems there a good buildings in Kuwait.

Maybe your daughter can try to speak Arabic words, to the Kuwait people there.
I am sure they find this very nice when someone speak Arabic to they people there, what don't come from Arabic countrys.
Welcome - Marhaba/Marhaban
Hello - Salam/Salaam/Salama/Salem
(Good)bye - Beslama/bslèmah
How are you? Ana bikhir?
Yes - Naam
No - La
Good morning - Sbah el-khir
Good afternoon - Sbah el-khir
Good evening - Msa el-khir 

Hi NYC,
well my daughter does speak some arabic and her boyfriend alot more as he speak 4 other languages so it comes easier for him
my daughter plans on staying out here for atleast 3 years so im sure she will get my better at it
I will probably visit the liberation towers but there only open on liberation day strangely enough
we are going to kuwait towers on wednesday so i will get lots more pictures as they say that is best place to take pictures of the city

Sue
Monkey Junky

« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2007, 08:51:19 PM »

How fascinating!  I would love to go to that party and learn a new culture too!   How nice of the neighbor to ask!

It's nice scenery, and so close to the beach.  I bet that would be interesting, just to walk up and down the beach.   

ROFL, when you got woke up at 5am prayer time!  I couldn't help but crack up.  That would get sooo annoying!  Well luckily you are around the American part and have some Western restauants/coffeeshops to hit up!   But make sure you hit any markets and try new things too.  Try to take advantage of the new temporary life, enjoy and learn!

Thanks so much for sharing this exciting trip.  I wish I was there! Wink

I recorded like a one minute video of this calling of prayer but i cant get it to upload from here partly there damn Pc
I will post when I get home.. sheeesh at lunch time they do the calling there was like 50 men bowing on carpets in parking lots
and a guy chanting prayer over a loud speaker for over a hour

I see you have experienced prayer call and prayers.  Prayers five times a day.  I was in the middle east in a more conservative country than Kuwait.  The stores, restaurants and etc. also closed for prayer.  Shopping and eating out took some planning, because they threw us out of the restaurant or store until prayer was over. 

yeah i can imagine that would be strange get out it is prayer time, im learning to blank it out now since i have been here 5 days
but when you have expierenced it ,it sure comes as a shock when you sitting there and it blast out on a loud speaker

Sue
Monkey Junky

« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2007, 08:58:47 PM »

Wow, Sue, I somehow missed this the last couple of days, but I did remember you were traveling to Kuwait.

I must say that I experienced the prayer chanting (if that is the right term) when my SIL & I visited Morocco on a church sponsored trip back in early 2001.  We, too, were cautious about the cultural differences.  We only were allowed outside a mosque we visited on a tour.

Anyway, we did ride a camel out in the desert area, through little villages.  I just spent some time trying to find the pictures of us on them, but they are not in my photobucket and not on this PC.  If you do, just be prepared for the shift when the camel gets up, once you get on....hind legs go up first and when that happens you lunge forward a bit...one of my pics was of me when that happened... Shocked

Glad you are spending time with your daughter & 'grandson'...and thanks for sharing the pics, etc.

Wow Morroco that would be cool, i will soon be learning about Morroco as at home about do alot of work with sister cities international and my city Tacoma just became sister cities with Morroco so im excited to learn alittle about there country
I met a guy yesterday when i went for walk he told me camel riding is further out in the desert.. so If i want to do that i have to track them down as it isnt really a business but poeple that live in the desert and own many camels..

Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2007, 09:32:58 AM »

Thanks for sharing your trip.  Fascinating.  Great pictures.  Very different scenery from north GA.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.