March 28, 2024, 05:26:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Trip To Kuwait  (Read 39519 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2007, 10:15:01 AM »

Sue ~  It's great you got the opportunity to travel to Kuwait, and you are learning about a different place and culture.    

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Sue
Monkey Junky

« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2007, 07:15:37 AM »

Sue ~  It's great you got the opportunity to travel to Kuwait, and you are learning about a different place and culture.    

Hi Muffy,
yes this has been a wonderful opportunity for me, With my daughter living here why not take advantage of her being
here to travel to middle east.. I plan on posting lots more pictures, I am just having trouble on this computer
damn VISTA anyways this computer gets more errors then the suspect lies.. There is so many things i wanted to take pictures
of but wasnt allowed to , like when I was on the military air base where my daughter works. But would have loved to take pics there.. My days are getting numbered here and honestly i get real choked up when I think of leaving my daughter
again.. She will be home for christmas but for only 4 days then god knows when I will see her. i would imagine a year.. I will come back out here as she plans on staying atleast 3 years here.. I leave 28th here will return home 17 hour flight same day
as I will time travel back into time.. after I get situated i will post many more pictures.. quite honestly there isnt much to see
alot of construction and sand  LMFAO
Hopefully while in flight this case will bust loose and the perps will go down, I will not be happy if they release them again
well I will be intouch

Sue

Joran, Deepak & Satish You F***ers will never be worth anything in your life ever
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2007, 10:27:25 AM »

Sue ~  I look forward to seeing your photos when you are ready to post.  I can tell you will miss your daughter when you leave, because you are missing her already and haven't  even left.   Sad.  I hope you two can email regularly.  Also, you might want to look into a long distance company such as Vonage.  When my family and I lived in Saudi, I brought Vonage with me.  I got an area code that was in Texas, where most of my family lived.  They could call me free, as much as they wanted if their area code was the same as the one I had chosen.  For others outside the area code I had chosen, it was like making a long distance call elsewhere in the U.S.  My cost was $35.00 a month.    Just some ideas, so you can stay in contact with your daughter.  Being able to talk is wonderful.  Not quite like being there, but was nice.  I hope you continue to enjoy your visit and I look forward to hearing about your adventures and what you are seeing and experiencing.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Sue
Monkey Junky

« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2007, 08:13:53 AM »

Ok Monkeys, I made it safe and sound from my trip to Kuwait
with late flights and crap i ended up flighing 17 hours

But first thing I want to share, is the thing I bitched about in the beginning of my trip, I tried so hard to upload this while i was there
but between Vista's errors and crappy internet was unable to..
First off seems everywhere you look there is a Mosque your not suppose to take pictures, But I snapped a few ( come get me Kuwaitee cops) I will go back Laughing...  But here is my favorite so to speak.. Where I was staying in Mahaboula there is just mass construction, ON each side of where my daughter lives there are huge condo/apartments being built, so there are workers everywhere.. Right below my daughters balcony there is a make shift Mosque and they do what is called " The Calling Of Prayer"
5 damn times a day BUT>>>> BUT it starts at like 4:30 am to 5:00 am in the morning is the first call.. WELL GOOD MORNING TO ME  that is how I woke up every single morning that I stayed there
Here is a sample

anyone of you Monkeys that have been to the middle east will totally relate to this... Ps I had to watch and listen this morning
what a reality check I am home
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 10:39:35 AM by klaasend » Logged

Joran, Deepak & Satish You F***ers will never be worth anything in your life ever
Sue
Monkey Junky

« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2007, 08:31:44 AM »

There are many American restaurants in Kuwait, you name it they have it what is starange is the signs IN english then in Arabic

Here is my favorite, I went here almost everyday it was really close
to my daughter and a safe walk for me

This next one you will know, Kinda blury a bit I took from my daughter's balcony and zoomed in

Now these pictures are pretty good and the building was so cool
sitting right on the Arabian Sea with a beautiful few
Hard Rock Cafe Kuwait

« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 10:38:00 AM by klaasend » Logged

Sue
Monkey Junky

« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2007, 08:42:00 AM »

Klaas here is teh link for above that didnt show
could you place it right for me please

Sue
Monkey Junky

« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2007, 08:50:28 AM »

OK we will recap this segment, As I spoke about in prior thread
a few pages back "MY GOD THEY DRIVE NUTS" 
They have fender benders, you see it in cars everywhere there
But they have major wrecks daily I saw minimum of 25 wrecks
here again is the statistics

Overall facts and figures
The rate of traffic accidents in Kuwait is four times more than in most industrial countries.
The total number of dead during the past 10 years has reached 3,000.
Kuwait ranks third in the number of deaths caused due to road accidents

2003 Statistics
45,376 accidents took place
An average of 124 accidents per day
372 people killed

2004 Statistics
55,000 traffic accidents took place
An average of 150 accidents per day
400 people killed

2005 Statistics
57,000 traffic accidents were reported
An average of 156 accidents per day
455 people killed

2006 Statistics
There were 44 road fatalities in January of 2006
There were 39 road fatalities in May of 2006
There were 29 road fatalities in June of 2006
273 persons died in road accidents over the period Jan 2006 - September 2006
Source - Kuwait Society for Traffic Safety (KSTs)

Source - Kuwait General Traffic Department

Here is just a few examples of what I saw, they leave the cars on sidewalks, side of road and in sandlots for a week or more before they remove them

#1  this car was left right on a sidewalk

These next two are seperate wrecks, I went to Kuwait towers twice and they added a car between visits

This one here by looks I dont think they survived, it they did it is a miracle

PS: my daughter got her rump in that one Rolling Eyes

Sue
Monkey Junky

« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2007, 09:30:11 AM »

Well Here is Fahaheel Mall, it is just beautiful there day or night
the fountains in the middle shoot to music, but are mainly displayed at night so I got pics of both

Pictures by day time

Pictures by night

Sue
Monkey Junky

« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2007, 09:38:47 AM »

Here is some scenery pictures from the observation tower at
Fahaheel Mall
The Arabian Coast

Fahaheel Marina

Look very closely at this pictures back ground a oil facility is in back ground, Just so you know gas is like 40 cents a gallon there

Sue
Monkey Junky

« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2007, 09:45:38 AM »

Klaas, you were asking about people there and that there wasnt eny in my pictures.. as I explained it is like voo doo to take there pictures and I tried to respect that.. But for you I zoomed a few shots from observation level, but let me say this every single place you go there in there garb as my daughter calls it, some woman mostly saudi woman the damn thing you see is the slits of there eyes through there burkas and shit to think they drive like that

You can see the woman sitting around the table in there burka's

Here there are a couple Arab men enjoying lunch by the  fountain

Sue
Monkey Junky

« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2007, 09:59:01 AM »

There are just some random water front pictures taken in Salmiya
as you can see there is so much construction everyhwere you looks
there is cranes, buildings cover with scaffling, much is just expanding but also much is still rebuilding from the Iraq invasion

This one is a restaurant kinda cool looking

Sue
Monkey Junky

« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2007, 10:06:58 AM »

Here are some random pics of me and my daughter

This is Christy in front of Marina Mall

This is Christy at Kuwait Hilton we were Smoking Shia out of Big Kooka's that is a big thing there ( like smoking fruit) nope dope  Laughing

Sue
Monkey Junky

« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2007, 10:35:57 AM »

Ok here is Me, this was at the Salmiya water front, notice the kitty in picture, there are ferral kats everywhere you look wild kitties

Just below Kuwait Towers

I am a shrimp, but in the sceme of this picture I am even smaller

Me with Arabian Sea in back ground

Sue
Monkey Junky

« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2007, 10:48:52 AM »

This is the Kuwait Towers it is a real focal point to what Kuwait
represents it is the Icon to Kuwait and enjoyed by tourist nation wide

This one here was from observation level looking down that ball has one million gallons of water in it Shocked

Sue
Monkey Junky

« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2007, 10:54:44 AM »

These next 2 pictures although now real clear will give you a idea
of what Iraq was trying to do to Kuwait
They are pictures hanging inside the Kuwait towers of the destruction that those asshole Iraq peopel did to the towers when they came in a invaded

Sue
Monkey Junky

« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2007, 11:01:49 AM »

This is the water slide park and go-cart track below Kuwait towers
these pictures may be cloudy from taking pictures through windows
and also the sand on windows( alot of Sand there )

Note this: we went by a water park in Mahaboula the woman still wear there full burka's going down the water slides NO bikini's there

Sue
Monkey Junky

« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2007, 11:15:20 AM »

These are Random pictures of the view from Kuwait Towers

sorry some are not clear taking pictures through dirty glass sucks

The Streets below and again more construction in back ground this is Kuwait City

This Is Kuwait City and that tower is the Liberation Tower built after the invasion to mark Kuwaits Liberation from the Iraq invasion

This is a coast line shot

This is taken looking South of Kuwait City that is Salmiya in teh background

Just another Marina in Kuwait city

Sue
Monkey Junky

« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2007, 11:23:43 AM »

The Liberation Tower is the tallest structure in Kuwait. Construction of the tower commenced before the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait on August 2, 1990. It was meant to be called The Kuwait Telecommunications Tower.

When the invasion took place, construction, which was almost half-way complete, was put on hold. However, the structure received no damage, and construction resumed after Saddam's forces were expelled on February 27, 1991. Upon completion in 1993, the tower was renamed the Liberation Tower, symbolizing Kuwait's liberation from Iraq.

The tower contains a revolving restaurant and observation platform (in the first disc-shaped pod; now closed to the public for security reasons), and also houses radio and other telecommunications offices. The structure stands at 372 meters high (1,220 ft) at its pinnacle. The roof of the second pod on the tower is 308 meters high (1,010 ft).

Here is a web you can visit to see more pictures and history
http://www.embassyofkuwait.ca/gallery.htm

Sue
Monkey Junky

« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2007, 11:28:11 AM »

This picture is a drive by shooting lmfao

This is a Palace, crap I would hate to clean it, but everyone has maids so OH well

Sue
Monkey Junky

« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2007, 11:33:52 AM »

Ok here is a shot of a Mosque, your not suppose to take pictures
of them.. ( come get me Kuwaitee's take me back) I miss my daughter

There Mosque are very beautiful and many are JUST HUGE..

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.