April 23, 2024, 06:20:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jaliek Rainwalker 12, msg 11/1/07 Cambridge-Greenwich, NY  (Read 155863 times)
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #240 on: February 19, 2010, 05:56:33 PM »

~ Jaliek Rainwalker ~ Still Missing ~

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey
We have not forgotten about you, Jaliek!

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #241 on: February 19, 2010, 06:38:35 PM »

http://www.findjaliek.org/

Just look at this precious boy...he is so handsome!  I just do not have a good feeling at all about this tragic missing persons story  Crying or Very sad

I need to bump my fav photo of him. I just love this boy! 

check out all the pix!
http://www.findjaliek.org/gallery.htm
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 06:41:48 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #242 on: February 19, 2010, 07:19:46 PM »

Bumpin' up my favorite pic of Jaliek that was posted by Lovinlife. 
(Both my sons love chocolate dip cones...)

I'm still hoping and praying for you Jaliek. 
   an angelic monkey
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 07:21:46 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #243 on: March 05, 2010, 07:46:12 AM »

http://accordingtokim.wordpress.com/

March 4, 2010
Jaliek Rainwalker …Still Missing!
Filed under: Jaliek Rainwalker, Missing people — Kim @ 10:20 pm

It’s been just over 2 years and 4 months since Jaliek Rainwalker was last seen with his adoptive father Stephen Kerr.  This post is to serve as a reminder that we haven’t forgotten about you Jaliek and we haven’t forgotten about you either Stephen.  Stephen, you were the last person with Jaliek and as a result you are the primary focus.  You remain the primary focus because you have failed to, refused to, cooperate with LE.  If you have nothing to hide then why not let your property on Raven’s Way be searched?  Why did you move to VT, what if Jaliek tried to come home only to find it empty?  Why aren’t you plastering Jaliek’s missing posters from one end of the state to the other?  Where are your pleas for Jaliek to come home?  You might not be a suspect but your actions or lack thereof point in that direction.  Stephen, I want to hear what you have to say.

This is the third cold and snowy winter that Jaliek has been missing.  Spring is right around the corner though and the searches will ramp up.  In the meantime, we plan, we spread the word, there’s other work to be done.  Jaliek, we will never stop searching for you!  We will find you and then we will find justice!

Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #244 on: March 10, 2010, 07:58:58 PM »

http://www.wten.com/Global/story.asp?S=12120075
Age-enhanced photo of missing boy to be released

Posted: March 10, 2010 07:09 PM EST

Updated: March 10, 2010 07:09 PM EST

GREENWICH, N.Y. -- Police are expected to release Thursday an age-enhanced photo of Jaliek Rainwalker, the boy who went missing in Greenwich.

He disappeared more than two years ago, and his adoptive father, Stephen Kerr, has been a person of interest in the case.

Kerr claims Jaliek ran away.

Check back wten.com Thursday to view the photograph when it is released.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #245 on: March 10, 2010, 09:09:48 PM »

Thank you for bringing the article, Lovin.  Prayers for Jaliek.   an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #246 on: March 11, 2010, 12:30:39 PM »

March 4, 2010
Jaliek Rainwalker …Still Missing!
Filed under: Jaliek Rainwalker, Missing people — Kim @ 10:20 pm

It’s been just over 2 years and 4 months since Jaliek Rainwalker was last seen with his adoptive father Stephen Kerr.  This post is to serve as a reminder that we haven’t forgotten about you Jaliek and we haven’t forgotten about you either Stephen.  Stephen, you were the last person with Jaliek and as a result you are the primary focus.  You remain the primary focus because you have failed to, refused to, cooperate with LE.  If you have nothing to hide then why not let your property on Raven’s Way be searched?  Why did you move to VT, what if Jaliek tried to come home only to find it empty?  Why aren’t you plastering Jaliek’s missing posters from one end of the state to the other?  Where are your pleas for Jaliek to come home?  You might not be a suspect but your actions or lack thereof point in that direction.  Stephen, I want to hear what you have to say.

This is the third cold and snowy winter that Jaliek has been missing.  Spring is right around the corner though and the searches will ramp up.  In the meantime, we plan, we spread the word, there’s other work to be done.  Jaliek, we will never stop searching for you!  We will find you and then we will find justice!

Daily prayers for this precious young man.

Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #247 on: March 11, 2010, 01:13:11 PM »

http://www.poststar.com/news/local/article_1933cb74-2d33-11df-b5a8-001cc4c03286.html

Police release enhanced photo of Jaliek Rainwalker

DON LEHMAN - dlehman@poststar.com
Posted: Thursday, March 11, 2010 12:12 pm | (0) Comments

GREENWICH - Police on Thursday released a picture of missing Greenwich boy Jaliek Rainwalker that was enhanced to show how he would likely look 2-1/2 years after he disappeared.

Cambridge-Greenwich Police Chief George Bell said a picture of Rainwalker was enhanced by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children as part of the ongoing police investigation into the boy's Nov. 1, 2007 disappearance.

Police held a press conference to distribute the photo to the media, and used the opportunity to call on the boy's adopted parents to work with police to figure out what happened to him. He called their actions since shortly after Rainwalker disappeared "bizarre."

"I'm hoping this might spark some interest in the parents to come forward," he said. "It's 2-1/2 years later and they act like this never happened. They need to reach out and be cooperative with law enforcement."

Rainwalker's adopted father, Stephen Kerr, was the last person known to have been with him in the hours before he disappeared. Police have named Kerr a "person of interest" in the case because they do not believe he has been honest with investigators about his actions the night before Rainwalker was reported missing.

Kerr and his wife, Jocelyn McDonald, have said they believe Rainwalker ran away.

There has not been a trace of him since he was reported missing, however.

Bell said the National center for Missing and Exploited Children will only do an age enhancement in a case if a child has been missing for more than two years.

Rainwalker disappeared at age 12 and would be 14 years old.

Bell said further searches of a deep gorge in the Batten Kill known as the "Hell Hole" are planned for the spring or summer, depending on water conditions. Kerr and his family frequently hiked and fished in the area.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #248 on: March 11, 2010, 02:20:38 PM »

What a handsome young man.  Thank you for bringing it to us, Lovin.  I'm glad to see more searches in the near future are in the plans.   I find it mighty suspicious Jaliek's adoptive parents aren't cooperating with the police.  Why aren't they? 
http://www.poststar.com/news/local/article_1933cb74-2d33-11df-b5a8-001cc4c03286.html
<snip>
Police held a press conference to distribute the photo to the media, and used the opportunity to call on the boy's adopted parents to work with police to figure out what happened to him. He called their actions since shortly after Rainwalker disappeared "bizarre."

"I'm hoping this might spark some interest in the parents to come forward," he said. "It's 2-1/2 years later and they act like this never happened. They need to reach out and be cooperative with law enforcement."

Rainwalker's adopted father, Stephen Kerr, was the last person known to have been with him in the hours before he disappeared. Police have named Kerr a "person of interest" in the case because they do not believe he has been honest with investigators about his actions the night before Rainwalker was reported missing.
<snip>
This isn't going to go away.  I'm praying somehow Jaliek is somewhere safe and alive.  But with the behavior of Jaliek's adoptive parents, I hope the searches get under way as soon.  The Kerr's may try to "act like this never happened", but there are those that care and will not forget. 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #249 on: April 03, 2010, 05:40:30 PM »

http://www.findjaliek.org/gallery.htm

You are not forgotten, Jaliek. 

Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #250 on: April 06, 2010, 09:43:30 AM »

9th Annual Missing Persons Day
April 11, 2010• Albany, New York

The Center for HOPE would like to invite you to attend the commemoration of
New York State 9th Annual Missing Persons Day. 

WHEN:
Sunday, April 11, 2010

WHERE:
The New York State Museum on Madison Avenue, Albany, NY. Free Parking is available.

WHO SHOULD ATTEND:

• Families and friends affected by the mysterious disappearance of a loved one.
  • Organizations assisting affected families

PROGRAM:
What will the day include?

The morning session is by invitation for families/friends and missing person organizations and law enforcement agencies. Pre registration is required.. The schedule will include an inspirational presentation by Sayeh Rivazifar, who will speak about recovering her life after being abducted. There will also be a panel discussion on missing person issues. At noon you are invited to join us for an informal luncheon buffet on the museum’s 4th floor.

The afternoon begins at 1pm and is open to the general public. The program will include the presentation of the annual “HOPE” award and the keynote presentation by Ed Smart* a nationally recognized advocate for missing persons. *Ed is the father of Elizabeth Smart, who was abducted on June 5th, 2002, and miraculously rescued nine months later. Through the loss and return of his daughter, he passionately sought the passage of the “Amber Alert,” for the protection and rescue of other children For the benefit of all children; he lobbied Congress to prevent further abductions and to rescue missing children.

The day will conclude with a ceremony to recognize our missing loved ones at the NYS Missing Persons Monument.

Who Should Attend: Families and friends affected by the unexplained and unresolved disappearance of a loved one. Law Enforcement Agencies and organizations assisting affected families.

What to Bring: Please feel free to bring posters, literature, or a T-shirt to display.

What to Expect: Stimulating speakers, informational displays/exhibits and an opportunity to join together with others affected by this unique loss to reflect, remember, and to provide mutual support. Despite the seriousness of the occasion, our goal is to provide an uplifting experience.

Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #251 on: April 06, 2010, 09:45:03 AM »

March 29, 2010
Question …
Filed under: Jaliek Rainwalker, Missing people — Kim @ 9:23 pm

Why is seeking the truth considered a bad thing?  Oh wait, it’s only bad to those who don’t want the truth revealed.  Now I got it Wink

STILL SEARCHING!

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #252 on: April 06, 2010, 10:17:15 AM »

an angelic monkey  I noticed in several photos he had something to read.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #253 on: April 06, 2010, 12:29:27 PM »

Great pic of Jaliek.  Thank you for sharing it, trimm   

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #254 on: April 06, 2010, 03:12:40 PM »

He is such a handsome kid. His eyes are gorgeous. I hope they find him soon
I don't know this story really, just hat he is missing. The adoptive parents act as though nothing has happened? They don't morn for this boy or help search for him? hmmm I suppose the answer to that is simple. What was he and his dad doing that day?
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #255 on: April 06, 2010, 04:35:54 PM »

So I was curious and I read on the website that was posted for pics. What a sad story for this kid. In reading about his last years with his family, the adopted parents sound really off. They lived as if they were in a 3rd world country somewhere all the while taking in $3000 per month for 2 of the adoptived kids. I read that the oldest attended a school which costs 17,000 per year so I suppose they paid using the payment they received. This poor boy was treated like dirt, certainly not like a member of the family. When you decide to adopt you become a parent, they certainly do not seem as though they loved him or needed him, as a true parent does. I suppose he was just a way to make an extra $1500 buck? Slim...
I didn't like that on the last night with him Kerr treated him differently, giving him his favorite food, letting him ride in the front seat of the car when that was only allowed as a place of honor..This reminded me of someone's last meal or something.
I get the impression he premeditated whatever he did. He had a plan. He didn't report him missing until the next day, right? They say that morning a note was found and then they realized pillows and not Jaliek was under the blankets, I think it would be pretty difficult to leave a room that the entire family shared! Seems like at least one of the many people would have awoken, kwim? Obviously, I think that was a lie. This is sickening. One day though the truth will come out, it always does.
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #256 on: April 06, 2010, 06:19:06 PM »

Thank you for taking the time to read up on Jaliek's case.  Yes, you are reading correctly that his "adoptive family" wanted to un-adopt him, that they lived in a one room shack without indoor plumbing, etc. while raking in their $1500/month.  And shortly after Jaliek went missing they moved to Vermont from NY. They offered up a $25,000 reward for the safe return of Jaliek (a pretty safe move if you already know that this will never be claimed, imo).

One fact that I would like to point out to you that I think you maybe confused on is the night that Jaliek was last seen alive, he was staying with a respite family for the prior six days to give the Kerr's a break.  When Kerr picked up Jaliek at their house that night, the two of them did not return to the family home, they stayed in an empty home belonging to Graham Kerr (S. Kerr's father) who was out of the country at the time.  His last confirmed sighting by someone other than Kerr was in Latham, I believe. 

http://www.timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=662393&category=REGION&newsdate=2/9/2008

When I look into Jaliek's eyes, I see the eyes of my son.  Sometimes it is too painful to come here and see that this young man has been pushed around all of his life, just a few glimpses of what love is all about.  My heart breaks, I think Jaliek is in heaven and all of his pain is gone.  It is time for his earthly body to be found so that the people who truely did love him can put him to rest properly and end some of their pain.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #257 on: April 06, 2010, 07:01:01 PM »

Thank you Lovinlife, If he is no longer alive I too wish they find him and can lay him to rest with the respect he deserved.

I was commenting on what I read about when the Kerr picked him up he allowed him to sit in the front seat of the car. It was said that was something which is not normaly done and something which was considered an "honor" by the family. Then it said they went to red robin and he ate wings, his favorite dish. Was this not the case?
I didn't read about where they were said to have gone that night, I was wondering about that. So when he told the police he moved the blanket and found pillows and a note, that was at the grandfathers home and not his own home? Oh that is right, he couldn't go back because the mom said he could not come home, right?

Do you think that the father could have sold him? 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #258 on: April 13, 2010, 07:32:09 PM »

http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2010/04/12/news/doc4bc277ddd22ce268281929.txt
VIDEO Ed Smart speaks in Albany for Missing Persons Day
Monday, April 12, 2010
(snip)
A slideshow of the missing Sunday bore many faces familiar to those in the Capital Region, like Jaliek Rainwalker and Joshua Szostak. Rainwalker’s whereabouts remain unknown; Szostak was found dead in the Hudson River with few answers determined. (snip)

It's important that Jaliek's name gets out in public.  He is not forgotten. 

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #259 on: April 24, 2010, 08:55:57 AM »

http://www.fox23news.com/news/local/story/Crime-Victims-Rights-Week/mnjIWFuXQEa1HbaW8Qb0ig.cspx
Crime Victims' Rights Week
Reported by: Cait McVey
Email: CaitlinMcVey@fox23news.com
Videographer: G. Finley
Last Update: 4/23 9:06 am
Holding up a photo, Tiffanie Tucker remembers her daughter's father Nathan Walcott, shot and killed back in the summer of 2008 at a party on Judson Street in Albany.

"No family should have to go through this. It's just sad tragedy," Tucker says.

Tucker wasn't alone today. Many came out to honor victims of crime. Some of their faces were on display at today's ceremony. Survivor Katie Merrick told those gathered of her struggle to stop domestic violence in her own home. Almost beaten to death, she calls upon the community to not ignore the signs.

"If my story can raise awareness about domestic abuse, and ignite a fire to end abuse, then my pain and the pain of millions of others will not have been in vain," Merrick says.
One by one, loved ones carried flags up to the stone memorial. Thomas Person gave his in honor of Greenwhich boy Jaliek Rainwalker, missing since the fall of 2007.

"It was nice to be able to place a flag in Jaliek's name," Person says. "The issue is three years old now but it will always be open until we can resolve what really happened."

Others know what happened. But it doesn't make the pain any easier. Martha Warner's daughter Liza was shot to death by her husband in 2004.

"She never liked being the center of attention," Warner says. "But she would be humbled and proud of what's being carried out in her name and in others names."

Video at link    http://www.fox23news.com/news/local/story/Crime-Victims-Rights-Week/mnjIWFuXQEa1HbaW8Qb0ig.cspx

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.