April 26, 2024, 09:05:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jaliek Rainwalker 12, msg 11/1/07 Cambridge-Greenwich, NY  (Read 155983 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2008, 11:17:52 AM »

The Times Union (Albany, New York)

February 5, 2008 Tuesday
1 EDITION 

CAPITAL REGION; Pg. D5 

186 words

Group asks letter writer for help with missing boy;
Notes sent to several media outlets claim Jaliek Rainwalker is alive

By DAN HIGGINS Staff Writer

GREENWICH - Whoever wrote a letter saying that Jaliek Rainwalker is alive should come forward, members of the Find Jaliek Task Force said Monday.

The task force, made up of volunteers who are working to help find the missing 12-year-old boy, are hoping the letter's author can provide them with more information. The letter, which was postmarked Westchester County, included details about Rainwalker's family life, including the name of his cat, and was sent to local media. "It is our hope that this appeal will generate a response that will verify that the person who originated the notes is in communication with Jaliek Rainwalker," task force members wrote.

The Times Union and other media outlets, including newspapers and television stations, gave their copies of the anonymous letter to law enforcement officials. The FBI will check them for fingerprints and other forensic evidence.

Rainwalker has been missing since Nov. 1 and police have been treating the case as if the youth were dead. They have focused their search on the woods near Greenwich, where he was last seen with his adoptive father, Stephen Kerr. 
http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:739961184&start=11

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2008, 09:34:17 PM »

No sign of Jaliek after river search
Unknown whether effort will continue Friday for missing boy

Last updated: 5:26 p.m., Thursday, February 7, 2008
TROY - Police searched the Hudson River near Troy today but came up with no clues to lead them to missing 12-year-old Jaliek Rainwalker.

Investigators launched boats around 8 a.m. this morning and used a sonar device to hunt for Rainwalker's remains. Police divers also combed the waters but reported no success, according to Greenwich Cambridge Police Chief George Bell.

Bell said it wasn't yet clear late today whether police would try again Friday.

Several family members and former caregivers to Rainwalker came to watch police search. Tom Person, who provided foster care for Rainwalker with his wife, Elaine, said even though Rainwalker wasn't found, he has faith in the police.

"It's good there is always something going on," he said. "My biggest fear is that this (story) will die out and be forgotten."

http://timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=661948&category=&BCCode=&newsdate=2/7/2008

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2008, 10:21:52 PM »

February 8, 2008 Friday

Focus falls on Jaliek's family; House of adoptive grandfather searched; divers find no clues

By DAN HIGGINS Staff Writer

GREENWICH - Police executed a search warrant Thursday at the home of Jaliek Rainwalker's adoptive grandfather in the ongoing hunt for the missing 12-year-old.

The warrant was the first in the three-month investigation.

Several items were seized from the home at 11 Hill St. in Greenwich, the house where Rainwalker was staying with his adoptive father when he disappeared the night of Nov. 1.

Greenwich-Cambridge Police Chief George Bell declined to say what evidence was confiscated.

Bell said Rainwalker's adoptive parents, Stephen Kerr and Joceyln McDonald, were present when police arrived.

Also Thursday, State Police divers entered the Hudson River near the Troy Farmers Market looking for human remains or other clues, but found nothing, police said. Investigators launched boats at about 8 a.m. and used a sonar device in the search.

Bell said it wasn't clear late Thursday whether police would try again today. Police chose the Troy site because they doubted Kerr's version of events on the last night anyone was known to have seen Rainwalker. Kerr has said he picked his son up from a respite care stay with Elaine and Tom Person of Altamont, drove him to dinner at a Red Robin restaurant in Latham and then went to Kerr's father's empty home in Greenwich, where they stayed the night.

Police believe Kerr may have stopped in Troy before going to Greenwich. Kerr, McDonald and their five children, including Rainwalker, frequently sold eggs at the Troy Farmers Market and were familiar with the area, police said.

Several family members and former caregivers to Rainwalker watched police search. Tom Per son said he has faith in the police.

"It's good there is always something going on," Person said. "My biggest fear is that this (story) will die out and be forgotten."

Kerr and McDonald were trying to undo their adoption of Rainwalker at the time of his disappearance. The emotionally troubled youth apparently threatened a child in their home-school group in October, which was the last straw, family and police have said. 
http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:741748808&start=9

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2008, 09:44:35 AM »

Police seize computer
Printer is also removed from grandfather's home as link to letter is sought

Saturday, February 9, 2008
GREENWICH -- A computer and printer were seized by police when they executed a search warrant at the home of Jaliek Rainwalker's grandfather.

A person knowledgeable about Thursday's search confirmed that the equipment will be examined for any link with a recent anonymous letter sent to local media that said Rainwalker was still alive.

Meanwhile, Rainwalker's extended family members and former caregivers said Friday they have gained comfort from dozens of tips from strangers, including a handful of self-proclaimed psychics and "intuitives" who feel a spiritual connection with the missing youth and believe their work will eventually lead to his discovery.

Thursday's search at 11 Hill St. in Greenwich, the home of Graham and Mary Agnes Kerr, was performed at the same time that State Police divers examined the Hudson River in Troy looking for human remains or other clues. The river search yielded nothing.

The investigation has focused on the whereabouts of Rainwalker on the night of Nov. 1. That night, his adoptive father, Stephen Kerr, picked up Rainwalker from a respite care stay with Elaine and Tom Person of Altamont, took him to dinner in Latham, and then to the empty home in Greenwich. Graham Kerr works for the State Department and is posted in Romania. His son and daughter-in-law have access to the house while he is away.

The next morning, Rainwalker was missing, Kerr has told police. Kerr produced a letter in a child's handwriting that appears to suggest Rainwalker had run away because he no longer wanted to be an emotional burden to his family.

Kerr has maintained all along that Rainwalker is alive and perhaps living with a gang or an African-American family in Albany or Troy.

Police have ridiculed that theory, and said there is no evidence to suggest it. They have focused their search on finding Rainwalker's body.

No suspects have been named although police acknowledged that Stephen Kerr is a "person of interest" in the case.

Kerr, who used to speak to media frequently, no longer returns phone calls seeking comment. In the last 10 days, other relatives said, he moved his family from their Raven Way home in Cossayuna to West Rupert, Vt.

At the end of January, an anonymous letter was sent to news media around the Capital Region, including to the Times Union, that stated Rainwalker was alive. It was postmarked from Westchester County and was sprinkled with clues that appeared designed to show that the author of the letter knew Jaliek Rainwalker well.

Police at the time said they were treating the letter as potential evidence, and requested originals from the media outlets who received them.

The seizure of a computer and printer seems to suggest that police believe the letter may have been written by Kerr himself or another close family member, perhaps to throw police off the trail of the investigation.

>>>the complete article

http://www.timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=662393&category=REGION&newsdate=2/9/2008

kissyface
Scared Monkey

« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2008, 05:05:44 PM »

Poor kid, I truly hope he is still alive and found and removed from the people who were supposed to be caring for him.  They obviously have no concern for him.  Though I can understand the family wanted to remove him from their home for threatening violence, there are things they could have done to ensure his safety as well as their families'.  When people open up their home for foster care, they have to realize that most of the children either have developmental, emotional or other problems, hence the need for care.  It makes me sick to think of how many children have been thrown to the wayside by families wanting that government paycheck, who really don't care about these kids.  Just my opinion.

***Love is stronger than death.***

>>> bring Bri justice<<<
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2008, 09:29:18 AM »

February 16, 2008 Saturday

Police face suit in Jaliek probe

GREENWICH - The adoptive parents of missing 12-year-old Jaliek Rainwalker filed notice Friday that they will sue the Cambridge-Greenwich Police Department, claiming officers have "crusaded" against them during their investigation and acted improperly when serving a search warrant on their home last week.

According to Tucker Stanclift, an attorney representing Stephen Kerr and Jocelyn McDonald, a notice of claim was filed by mail seeking civil damages from the village of Greenwich, its police department and Chief George Bell. The notice claims authorities trespassed on the Hill Street home of Kerr's father Graham while executing a search warrant there Feb. 7.

Kerr and McDonald were falsely imprisoned, and during that time officers "refused to allow Kerr and his wife to freely move about their own home, without a warrant," which arrived an hour after investigators arrived, Stanclift said.

The notice says that abuse of process constituted the "intentional infliction of emotional distress," Stanclift said. A specific amount of damages sought will not arise until the actual lawsuit is filed.

"Jaliek is missing, and the cowboy attitude of this investigation has led to a single, narrow-minded focus," the attorney said. "It's a crusade to try my clients in the press."

Rainwalker has been missing since Nov. 1, and was last seen with his adoptive father in the Hill Street home. Kerr, 37, was named a "person of interest" in the disappearance.

Kerr has said he believes Rainwalker, who is biracial, is alive and perhaps living with a gang or an African-American family in Albany or Troy.

Bell could not immediately be reached for comment on the lawsuit. Assistant Chief Harold Spiezio said "all of our protocols and all of our laws were followed in executing that search warrant."

During the Feb. 7 search, investigators seized a computer and printer, which they are examining for links to an anonymous note sent to several media outlets saying Rainwalker was alive. 
http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:745795544&start=14

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2008, 09:57:46 AM »

PD, chief, village receive notice of claim from Jaliek's parents

02/19/2008 05:19 PM
GREENWICH, N.Y. - The Greenwich Police Department, Chief George Bell, and the village received a notice of claim Tuesday morning -- a precursor to a lawsuit -- after Jaliek Rainwalker's adoptive parents Stephen Kerr and Jocelyn McDonald say police entered their home on February 7th without a search warrant.

Washington County DA Kevin Kortright said he does not want to discuss the case on camera, but he did say he does not believe the department acted unlawfully.

>>>>>the complete article
http://tinyurl.com/3dlebt

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2008, 07:37:03 PM »

Texas EquuSearch helping in search for Jaliek
02/28/2008 03:16 PM
By: Web Staff

TEXAS -- A Texas-based search and recovery team is stepping in to help in the search for 12-year-old Jaliek Rainwalker.

The Greenwich boy has been missing since Nov. 1, and at this point police haven't found any clues as to what happened to him.

Jaliek's grandparents contacted Texas EquuSearch, which provides horse mounted search and recovery for lost and missing persons.

The organization has been involved in other high profile missing person cases, such as the Natalee Holloway case. She disappeared on the final night of a high school graduation trip to Aruba in May 2005.

The group said it will do what it can do assist in the search for Jaliek

http://capitalnews9.com:80/content/headlines/111419/texas-equusearch-helping-in-search-for-jaliek/Default.aspx
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2008, 07:29:51 PM »

Police Plan Release of Surveillance Footage in Rainwalker Case
Videographer: M. Jackson
Last Update: 5:24 pm
Cambridge-Greenwich Police have been looking for 12-year-old Jaliek Rainwalker for nearly five months without any luck.

Now, investigators say they plan on releasing some surveillance footage to the public in the hope of generating new leads.

They believe the footage show's Rainwalker's adoptive father, Stephen Kerr, driving around Greenwich on the night the boy vanished.

Chief George Bell says, "We have a piece of video from a Glens Falls National Bank here on Main Street in Greenwich that shows a van similar to what Stephen was using the night Jaliek went missing."

On Friday morning, Bell and other officers from his department met with members of the New York State Police, Federal Bureau of Investigation, and New York Forest Rangers to discuss the Rainwalker case.

There's still pending legal action against Chief Bell and his department for their February 7th search of Stephen Kerr's parents' home at 11 Hill Street in Greenwich.

Kerr and his attorney allege that that search was an improper one.

Chief Bell tells FOX23 News that there's a court hearing scheduled for May 1st and he's confident that a judge will throw the case out.

The items seized during that raid are still being analyzed and so are the seven letters that were mailed to the media in late January claiming that Rainwalker is still alive.

Bell says the United States Secret Service is working to try to lift fingerprints from the stamps.

The warming weather also means new hope in the search for Rainwalker.

Chief Bell tells us ground searches will start again in April.

The spring searches will rely most on volunteers.
http://www.fox23news.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=b409b776-e0af-4301-87c5-5ca8f3e8cdf5

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2008, 06:20:09 PM »

Police: Phone records dispute Jaliek story
By DON LEHMAN
dlehman@poststar.com
Updated: Tuesday, March 25, 2008 5:48 PM EDT
GREENWICH — Cell phone records show that the adopted father of missing 12-year-old Jaliek Rainwalker took a different route home on the night Jaliek disappeared than he told investigators, police said Tuesday.

The inconsistency between what Stephen Kerr told police and what phone records indicate has led police to conclude Kerr has not been truthful about where he went after picking Jaliek up at a respite home the night of Nov. 1, said Cambridge-Greenwich Police Chief George Bell.

Kerr told police he received a call about 8:15 that night when he was on Route 40 in the hamlet of Melrose in the town of Schaghticoke, Bell said.

"He told us he was in front of Henry’s Garage in Melrose when he received that call, but we know for a fact he has lied to us about that because the cell phone records show the call was received in South Troy," Bell said. "He was nowhere near the route he told us he took home."

Engineers from Verizon Wireless analyzed the call data and determined where Kerr was based on which cell phone tower the call "hit," the chief said.

Bell would not say who called Kerr at that point, but he said cell phone records show it was the only call Kerr answered that night.

"The person who called him said he seemed quite agitated," Bell said.

Kerr has repeatedly given police a route of travel from the Albany area to Greenwich that night that does not include a detour through South Troy, at one point going with FBI agents to retrace his route and singling out the Melrose garage as the spot where he took the phone call, Bell said.

Kerr told police he arrived home with Jaliek the night of Nov. 1, and that he awoke the next morning to find the boy gone. No trace of him has been found since, despite extensive search efforts and a massive police investigation.

Kerr did not respond to a message left on his cell phone voicemail.

His lawyer, Jeffrey McMorris, said he was not familiar with the cell phone issue being raised by police and could not yet discuss it.

"I want to take a look at what they’ve got and then I’d comment on it," he said.

McMorris lashed out at police for being "goal-oriented," with the goal being a prosecution of Kerr instead of the discovery of Jaliek, who, his client believes, ran away.

"What are they doing to bring a live runaway home?" he asked. "Have they been visiting the bus stations and homeless shelters in New York City?"

Bell said a group of volunteers that has worked with police, known as Team Adam, sent thousands of fliers to homeless shelters and organizations that assist runaways and the homeless around the country.

"We’ve covered that," he said.

Bell on Tuesday also released a video of a van driving by the Glens Falls National Bank branch in Greenwich early in the morning of Nov. 2. Police believe the van is Kerr’s. The video, which can be found on The Post-Star’s Web site, shows a Chrysler minivan driving by the Main Street bank branch at 12:16 a.m. Nov. 2.

Bell said the gold van appears to be the one owned by Kerr’s father that Kerr was using at the time. The chief asked that anyone who might have driven by the bank that night or early morning in such a van call police at 692-9332.

If it was Kerr driving the van, the trip would not jibe with the version of events he gave police, Bell said. Kerr told police he stayed at the Hill Street home after arriving there in the middle of the evening, Nov. 1, with Jaliek.

McMorris has said it was not Kerr driving the van that was filmed passing the bank that night.

Meanwhile, police continue to await the results of forensic examinations of a computer and other items seized from the Hill Street home from which Kerr reported Jaliek disappeared, Bell said.

Bell added that the U.S. Secret Service has gotten involved in the case to help police trace the origins of several letters sent to the media in January in which it was indicated Jaliek was alive and living downstate. Police have said there is no evidence Jaliek is alive.

Bell said that analysis could include a check for DNA on the envelopes.

Barbara Reeley, Jaliek’s maternal grandmother, who is involved with the group that has dubbed itself the Find Jaliek Task Force, said the group has been working to put up two billboards on Route 40 in the coming week or so that picture Jaliek and list information about the case. One will be north of the village of Greenwich, the other south in Easton.

"They’re not fully designed yet, but they’re going to be a big plus," she said.

The owner of the billboards has offered to put them up at his cost, Bell said.

Reeley said a number of volunteer groups have resumed searching for Jaliek in recent weeks as snow melts. She said searches have taken place near Battenkill Country Club and in the Troy area.

Reeley said details are still being worked out on when Texas Equusearch, a nonprofit organization that assists in missing persons cases, will come to the region to help with the case.

Officers thought they might have gotten a break in the case over the weekend.

Bell and State Police investigators were called out Saturday after a body was found floating in the Hudson River in Troy, near where State Police divers had searched in Jaliek’s case earlier this year. But the badly decomposed body turned out to be that of a New York City man who disappeared from Troy last month, officials said.

Police have called Kerr a "person of interest" in their investigation, but he has said he did not harm Jaliek and he has not been charged.

http://www.poststar.com/articles/2008/03/25/news/latest/doc47e97274ea0cf154145401.txt

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2008, 06:22:27 PM »

Police release surveillance video taken the night Jaliek disappeared
Updated: 03/26/2008 05:59 AM
http://capitalnews9.com/Default.aspx?ArID=112930

GREENWICH, N.Y. - Video taken from the Glens Falls National Bank in Greenwich at 12:16 a.m. on the morning of November 2nd shows a gold van driving through. Police want to know if the gold Chrysler minivan that they see in the video belongs to Jaliek Rainwalker's adoptive father, Stephen Kerr.

Greenwich Police Chief George Bell said, "If it's Stephen and his van, it certainly doesn't indicate that...you know, he says he was in bed."

Now police are asking for help again. They want to know if anyone was driving this van through this bank at that time in early November - the night Jaliek disappeared - so they can try to figure out if it was Kerr, or someone else. They also want to compare the van to the video, but Kerr and his attorney won't let them near it. The van is in the garage at Kerr's father's house on Hill Street.

Stephen Kerr's Attorney Jeffrey McMorris said, "I had a hard time somewhat even figuring out that it was a van. Every time they've asked for something, I ask, how is this going to lead to Jaliek coming home, and they can't answer that question and until they can, I see no relevance in letting them see the van or consenting to that."

McMorris said police had the van early when they first started investigating but that was before they had this surveillance video. Police also said Verizon has looked at Kerr's cell phone records because he said he was on the phone with a friend the night Jaliek disappeared. Where he said he made the call and the cell phone tower Verizon shows was used for that call was two different places.

Bell said, "He was definitely in South Troy. I can't tell you exactly where, but he was not on his route that he says he took."

McMorris said at this point, he will only give police what they ask for if it will help get Jaliek home.

He also said the reason his client has repeatedly refused to take a polygraph is that they don't prove anything in the courts and when asked if there are any circumstances under which they will give the van up to police, he said he could not think of any.

SEE VIDEO AT THE SITE ABOVE

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2008, 12:58:46 PM »

I wonder why police haven't confiscated the van mentioned in the above article belonging to Jaliek's stepfather? If there is any question that it might have been used the night Jaliek disappeared, why does the father still have it in his possession? I continue to be amazed that law seems to be about the protection and preservation of the rights of the suspects and not about the victim. When will this change?

" The van is in the garage at Kerr's father's house on Hill Street."

kissyface
Scared Monkey

« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2008, 01:49:30 PM »

To me it shows that this man is definitely guilty of something.  Otherwise, why would he not be willing to give the van over to the police to collect whatever they could to help find this poor child?  I think their lawsuit is B.S. and is just an attempt to make themselves look like they are being falsely accused.  Here's my problem with it though, if this man is innocent then how are they finding "inconsistencies" (LIES) with his story?  Because he is not innocent.  He is involved and they are going to nail him and I can't wait for that day.  Jaliek may have had some emotional problems and maybe was not a peaceful part of the home but he was in their care and they had a responsibility to, at the very least, ensure his safety.  Kids don't go into foster care for no reason.    What a shame.  This man is guilty of something IMO.

***Love is stronger than death.***

>>> bring Bri justice<<<
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2008, 07:33:13 AM »

Rainwalker probe focuses on call;
Police believe adoptive father misstated location on night youth vanished

GREENWICH - Investigators searching for Jaliek Rainwalker have reason to believe the missing boy's father lied about his whereabouts the day the 12-year-old disappeared.

Chief George Bell of the Cambridge-Greenwich Police Department said Wednesday Stephen Kerr's cellphone records show he received a call in South Troy the night of Nov. 1. Kerr told police was in Melrose, a hamlet in Schaghticoke, at the time of the call.

Kerr adopted Jaliek five years ago with his wife, Jocelyn McDonald. Police describe him as "a person of interest" in the disappearance. Kerr was the last person to see Rainwalker when the two of them stayed at Kerr's father's house in Greenwich. Kerr has said Rainwalker ran away.

"Since day one we've been dealing with Verizon engineers and concentrating on Kerr's where abouts that night," said Bell. "We firmly believe based on what the engineers are telling us, he was in South Troy, and it was impossible for him to be where he said he was that night."

Kerr picked up Rainwalker at a respite home in Altamont and drove with him to Greenwich, Bell said. Kerr said he took Route 9 to alternate Route 7 and Hoosick Street where he turned onto Oakwood Avenue and then onto Route 40, which Kerr took north to Greenwich.

After Rainwalker's disappearance, Bell said Kerr retraced the route with police and said he took a phone call when he was near Hurley's Garage in Melrose on Route 40. But Bell said records show the cell tower that transmitted the call was in South Troy, a 20- to 25-minute drive away from Hurley's.

"Jaliek is still our number one priority; we're waiting on the Texas Equusearch (an equine search team) and the weather to break and we need the high water to recede," Bell said.

Several searches are planned in the next three weeks in South Troy, Greenwich and elsewhere. 
http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:766370226&start=5

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2008, 06:12:03 PM »

http://www.fox23news.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=9D813D28-A980-46CC-B4C0-A37A228B3BBE&gsa=true

Jaliek Rainwalker's adoptive grandmother says she and her husband are seeking legal custody of the missing boy.

Barbara Reeley is the mother of Jocelyn McDonald - Rainwalker's adoptive mother.

Reeley tells FOX23 News that the search for the missing 12-year-old East Greenwich boy is being hampered by McDonald and her husband, Stephen Kerr, having official custody of Rainwalker.

Police have named Kerr a "person of interest" in the boy's disappearance.

Reeley says she's already in contact with social services.

She is planning a news conference for Friday afternoon to discuss the custody issue.

[Video at link]

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2008, 08:28:58 PM »

Search continues for missing 12-year-old

April 4, 2008
 GREENWICH -- The Find Jaliek Task Force will lead a search for the missing boy Saturday.

>>>the complete article
http://timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=678172&category=&BCCode=&newsdate=4/4/2008

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2008, 08:56:46 AM »

Billboards go Up to Help Find Missing Boy

4/08
The friends and family of missing 12-year-old Jaliek Rainwalker hope some new billboards will help bring him back.

Billboards with the picture Jaliek went up along Route 40 in Greenwich and Easton.

The billboards were put up by the “find Jaliek task force” and were financed by the donations they received during “find Jaliek day” over the weekend.

His adoptive grandmother hopes that by keeping jaliek’s name and face out there he will be found.

http://www.fox23news.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=dccfd65a-6a2b-41ea-8fb9-b7f5523bdd42

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2008, 08:35:29 PM »

http://timesunion.com:80/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=680697&category=&BCCode=&newsdate=4/14/2008

Texas search group joins hunt for Jaliek  

By LEIGH HORNBECK, Staff writer
Click byline for more stories by writer.
Last updated: 5:33 p.m., Monday, April 14, 2008

GREENWICH -- A search group from Texas will bring new tools to the search for Jaliek Rainwalker Tuesday. Tim Miller, the director of Texas EquuSearch, arrived today and met with Greenich-Cambridge Police Chief George Bell for two hours. Tuesday, Miller expects to begin underwater searches with sonar and may bring in a drone airplane equipped with a high-resolution camera. Searchers have found the remains of five people using the drone, Miller said. The searchers download images from the drone onto a laptop computer and study them for anything unusual.
Jaliek is a 12-year-old boy who went missing Nov. 1. His adopted father was the last one to see him.

EquuSearch, founded in 2000, is an outgrowth of a mounted search and recovery team Miller organized after his 16-year-old daughter was abducted and murdered in 1984 in North Galveston County, Texas. The group searched unsuccessfully for Natalee Holloway, the 18-year-old from Alabama who disappeared on a trip to Aruba, but have found the remains of other missing people when previous efforts failed.

Barbara Reeley, whose daughter, Jocelyn McDonald, is Jaliek's adopted mother, asked Miller to search for Jaliek.

"I'm interested in their research and the drone planes, water sonar, horses and ATVs -- the whole list of resources they have," Reeley said. "It doesn't cost the state or the town any money, it all runs on donations."

Miller said the time that has gone by since Jaliek's disappearance makes the search harder but not impossible. He referred to a Mississippi case where EquuSearch found in 15 minutes the remains of a woman who had been missing for six months and an Illinois woman who was found on the second day of searching after she had been gone for five months.

"It's difficult but not impossible, but we'll need,and we always need, a little bit of luck," Miller said.

For more information about EquuSearch and to fill out an application to become a searcher, go to http://www.texasequusearch.org. More information about Jaliek is available at http://findjaliek.org.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2008, 10:22:14 AM »

Thanks Klaas!
EXCELLENT!! GO TIM!! 

I would like to believe this boy is still alive, but I can't. I want him found and JUSTICE served!

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2008, 01:38:58 PM »

Thank you Tim and Texas Equusearch for once again being the generous, caring, skilled people you are. I too hope Jaliek is alive, but no one else has been able to locate him. Good luck to you all.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.