March 29, 2024, 08:41:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sunny Sweeney  (Read 4586 times)
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« on: November 17, 2007, 08:02:32 AM »

I love this girl singer from TX.  Sunny Sweeney has the cutest accent and is a talented songwriter.  "Heartbreaker's Hall of Fame" is the name of her first CD and this tune.  Pretty good job for standing in a record store.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41Eil9UUfKY

Another fun one from her tour to France this summer.  She's apparently a huge hit in Europe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtPSdEUdqn4

I stumbled on Sunny Sweeney one day when I was playing around in Yahoo music.  Her video popped up every time I didn't pick a different one. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwdWITBFSVs&feature=related

Of course, this song was stuck FOREVER in my head.  I found her website and bought her CD.  I love the whole thing.  Every single song.  She covers "Next Big Nothing" like a big dog. 
Sings Iris Dement's tune "Mama's Opry" and does a wonderful job. 

I am extremely jealous of anyone who lives in the Austin area because she plays all the honky tonks down there.  New Year's Eve, she's doing a show with Asleep At The Wheel in New Braunfels, TX.  Now THAT would be something to see.   

If I'm in my car, chances are I'm listening to Sunny Sweeney.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 04:49:16 AM »

WOOHOO!  Sunny Sweeney is coming to Atlanta!  She is playing one nite at a bar downtown somewhere.  I am so there.  I already warned my DH.  He said "sure, I'll take you".  I think it's next Tuesday, the 21st?   I don't know.  I just know I want to go! 

Expect a miracle.
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 06:54:05 AM »

Well, I am a happy camper today!  Last nite, DH took me somewhere in Midtown to Smith's Olde Bar (great t-shirts....they say SOB).  We had a beer, split a nice Club sandwich (cause the fries looked good). 

Sunny Sweeney and her band may not have had a huge audience last nite but they kicked serious butt.  She is a great little singer and songwriter.  She sang everyone's favorites from her CD and some new stuff which was awesome as well.  It wasn't a big room and there weren't a ton of people there but you could tell everyone there were hard-core Sunny fans.  And Sunny is a big Merle fan so it was an interesting audience.

Sunny sang her ass off.  If DH and I had been any closer to the stage, I could have seen her tonsils.  She does a great show.  Doesn't matter if she's singing for 50 or 5,000 (see her on You Tube....she's big in Texas and Europe.... she does a great show.  Talks to the audience, tells little stories about her songs.  It was wonderful.

After the show, the band jumped offstage to get a beer and Sunny started working the room.  DH and I got to talk to her a bit and of course, I had my picture taken with her.  I told her my 17 y.o. daughter wanted to come but that "21" rule kept her home.  Sunny autographed our ticket for the daughter.  It wasn't quite as good as being there but oh well. 

Anyway, I had a great time.  Sunny is just as cute as a button in person and a genuinely nice girl.  Great band too.  Her steel guitar guy was great.  I love steel guitar. 

If you get the chance to see her, you oughta do it. 

Expect a miracle.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 09:40:18 AM »

Well, I am a happy camper today!  Last nite, DH took me somewhere in Midtown to Smith's Olde Bar (great t-shirts....they say SOB).  We had a beer, split a nice Club sandwich (cause the fries looked good). 

Sunny Sweeney and her band may not have had a huge audience last nite but they kicked serious butt.  She is a great little singer and songwriter.  She sang everyone's favorites from her CD and some new stuff which was awesome as well.  It wasn't a big room and there weren't a ton of people there but you could tell everyone there were hard-core Sunny fans.  And Sunny is a big Merle fan so it was an interesting audience.

Sunny sang her ass off.  If DH and I had been any closer to the stage, I could have seen her tonsils.  She does a great show.  Doesn't matter if she's singing for 50 or 5,000 (see her on You Tube....she's big in Texas and Europe.... she does a great show.  Talks to the audience, tells little stories about her songs.  It was wonderful.

After the show, the band jumped offstage to get a beer and Sunny started working the room.  DH and I got to talk to her a bit and of course, I had my picture taken with her.  I told her my 17 y.o. daughter wanted to come but that "21" rule kept her home.  Sunny autographed our ticket for the daughter.  It wasn't quite as good as being there but oh well. 

Anyway, I had a great time.  Sunny is just as cute as a button in person and a genuinely nice girl.  Great band too.  Her steel guitar guy was great.  I love steel guitar. 

If you get the chance to see her, you oughta do it. 

Wow Peaches, I'm so glad you got an opportunity to see Sunny in person!  Sounds like you had a wonderful time.  I'll have to listen to all Sunny's music now!
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2008, 09:45:53 AM »

Thanks for sharing that Peaches.  I will have to keep an eye out for her music.

She is refreshing & different and I love that kind of music.

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2008, 12:38:22 PM »

When we were talking to Sunny after the show, she said she was gearing up to host a show on XM Radio.  Sounds great but I don't have XM radio of course.  She has a big audience of truckers and others on XM that enjoy the more classic twangy country stuff.  I think she said her handle was "Twang Thang".  No doubt. 

Sunny gives you your money's worth on stage.  She's a great performer and just a delightful girl.  Talks to fans, has her pic taken with them.  Drinks beer right out of the longneck.  You have to admire that.

Expect a miracle.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.