April 26, 2024, 07:59:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OWL NEEDS HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 3460 times)
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« on: November 17, 2007, 10:25:19 AM »

If anyone knows of a store or website which sells mugs which do not get hot when placed in a microwave, I really need to locate that.  I just want what is inside to get hot not the handle.  I love to put meice puddings, tea, cider, hot chocolate and soup into a cup and heat it in the microwave.  My problem is that I always singe my feather tips when I reach in to grab the cup.  It is very clumsy to put an oven mit over my wing tips and sit there at the table or in the living room wearing that clumsy thing.  I tend to spill.

I have one cup put out by a bank promotion which is made this way.  I have even come across a cup with a handle which will not heat up.  That is ok also.   I just can not find any unless I want to buy two dozen at a time with someone's logo on it.   

Let me know if you run across a website.  My feathers will be eternally grateful. 

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2007, 12:21:50 PM »

Hi Owl! I have two mugs whose handles do indeed get hot when nuked in the microwave, but none of my others do. I was told that the content of the glaze causes that to happen. It may be coincidence, but the mugs I have that get hot are Cobalt Blue. What you're looking for shouldn't be hard to find. I can say with certaintly that the Monkey Mugs that I bought through Cafe Press with Klaas's help, work great in the microwave and the handles stay cool.

HEY, OWL! Check out this link!  Wink

http://www.pfaltzgraff.com/ecomm/Itemdetail.asp?T1=05528990
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 12:38:41 PM by crazybabyborg » Logged
crazybabyborg
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2007, 11:58:39 AM »

YooHoo, Great Owl! Just wanted to add that I've had the mugs in the above link. Loved them and the handles really do stay cool. I reheat coffee all the time and they worked great!
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2007, 12:18:07 PM »

I always microwave my monkey mugs when my coffee gets cold...and they are never too hot for me to pick up...in fact I had not thought about them being hot until you mentioned it...I do however have some dark blue mugs that always get hot in my mircowave...maybe it's the color.
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2007, 07:10:43 PM »

CBB: yes, we have a complete set of pfaltzgraff here.  The biggest problem is that the capacity is too small to heat up a full can of soup.  I will have to go out to one of the outlets and find out if they make anything with a  12-16 oz capacity.   Thank you.   

GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2007, 07:13:14 PM »

I always microwave my monkey mugs when my coffee gets cold...and they are never too hot for me to pick up...in fact I had not thought about them being hot until you mentioned it...I do however have some dark blue mugs that always get hot in my mircowave...maybe it's the color.

That really does sound about right.  For some reason, logo mugs are often good for this.  My problem is I really do not wish to have logos on a set in the cupboard.  It is fine for my office desk.  I found some ideal ones on a "think green" website but you need to buy a minimum of 25 and then select a logo.   thank you for your input

crazybabyborg
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2007, 12:49:40 AM »

CBB: yes, we have a complete set of pfaltzgraff here.  The biggest problem is that the capacity is too small to heat up a full can of soup.  I will have to go out to one of the outlets and find out if they make anything with a  12-16 oz capacity.   Thank you.   

They do, in the same pattern. I know because I have them and they're perfect for a can of soup. However, there is one problem: They aren't currently being manufactured, so unless you can find them on ebay (it's rare, because I look from time to time) you'll have to go to replacements ld. They have them, in stock but charge a lot. Here's the link with picture:

http://www.replacements.com/webquote/pfaaur.htm?s1=ink&1977&

Scroll down to "Soup Mug" on the page, and you can pull up a picture. They also stay cool even when reheating, and I wish I had bought more when they were still making them. They are great though!
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2007, 11:46:53 PM »

thanks, I think I will have to look at ebay or some of the replacement sites.  possibly I can find more.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.