March 28, 2024, 01:19:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JonBenet Ramsey  (Read 255210 times)
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #280 on: August 23, 2006, 10:41:38 PM »

Oh Car, I think we all agree that he is going to walk... and I don't think he should due to all his other issues with the girls... but you are right he probably will walk and he will just continue to molest little girls... and that really stinks...

I hope he runs that mouth one too many times or something... but he doesn't need to be walking around...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #281 on: August 24, 2006, 07:57:58 AM »

Book, film rights offered to pay for Karr's defence

LOS ANGELES John Mark Karr's relatives offered up book and film rights to the family's story yesterday in hopes of raising money for a high-powered lawyer to defend Karr against charges he killed six-year-old JonBenet Ramsey.

"They're not looking for money for themselves," said Larry Garrison, a producer the family hired to represent them in media deals. "They're looking to support John's boys' college education and to make sure all legal fees are covered."

Karr remained in a Los Angeles jail yesterday, awaiting transfer to Colorado where JonBenet was killed in her Boulder home in December 1996.

Garrison said no money has changed hands yet with the Karrs and he didn't want to go into details about the agreement. Karr's brother, Nate Karr, confirmed Garrison is now representing the family.

Karr said in Thailand last week he was present when JonBenet died and her death was an accident.

He did not specifically say he killed her and Boulder prosecutors have not disclosed their evidence against him.

His family has insisted Karr was in Georgia during the Christmas week JonBenet was killed.

Hmmmmmm that seems to me as if they are looking for money for themselves.

Guess they never heard of Public Defenders and student loans.

Oh this makes me so mad I could spit.

Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #282 on: August 24, 2006, 12:38:07 PM »

http://www.wxii12.com/news/9730458/detail.html

Suspect Karr ran a day care from his home at one time.
 Shocked

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #283 on: August 24, 2006, 02:33:15 PM »

Thanks Jaq... that was interesting...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #284 on: August 24, 2006, 03:05:43 PM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"
Thanks Jaq... that was interesting...

I'll tell ya ...

This is a freak show on wheels!

This guy sure did get around traveling in this world.

Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #285 on: August 24, 2006, 03:10:05 PM »

Associated Press
Costa Rica Landlord: Karr Was a Pervert

http://www.forbes.com/entrepreneurs/feeds/ap/2006/08/24/ap2971548.html

Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #286 on: August 24, 2006, 03:13:43 PM »

While in custody in Bangkok last week, John Mark Karr, the suspect in the 1996 killing of JonBenet Ramsey, spoke with Thai officials. In its new issue, PEOPLE has exclusive excerpts of the interviews.

On JonBenet's death:
The Ramseys "feel their daughter was brutally murdered, and she wasn't," Karr told a Thai official. "It looks like that but she wasn't. I want them to hear the truth. ... I need closure and (JonBenet's) family needs closure. ... All of us have gone through enough pain."

On people who doubt his guilt:
"(The media) is beginning to shut up about me being crazy and all that stuff. This is not a laughing matter, it's something serious. ... The world is not laughing as much now."

More on This Story
John Mark Karr: His Dark Past
JonBenet's Mom Almost Met Suspect
JonBenet Suspect Claims Her Death Was 'an Accident'
On why he confessed:
"We all need to put this chapter in place, which is a conclusion, and then start the healing. The healing is what I want to start happening. To heal and feel better about what happened."

On how he is misunderstood:
"People say I am a monster and a horrible person. They don't know me ... they won't approve of what happened. (But) I don't approve of what happened."

Did he have accomplices?
"No, I was alone."

Was this a brutal killing?
"It's not what that seemed to be."

On the DNA test:
"The DNA might not match, but you can't trust the test."

On his ex-wife giving him an alibi:
"It's normal that people in a family protect you."

On JonBenet:
"Worse than anything, JonBenet is gone. She is here only in spirit."
Try 4 Issues of PEOPLE Risk Free
Next: Usher: Broadway Is Like MonogamyAdd PEOPLE News to: My AOL  | My Google  | My MSN  | My Yahoo Now on PEOPLE.com

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #287 on: August 24, 2006, 05:23:39 PM »

Quote from: "Jacqueline"

Yep, just a sign of the times, always must think of 'helping the kids'.

No one has to support themselves anymore.

Heck the guy has been away from the family since 2001, why should the family get money from his exploits now?

Also, who the heck has been paying for his travels?
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #288 on: August 24, 2006, 05:48:26 PM »

Quote from: "Carnut"

Yep, just a sign of the times, always must think of 'helping the kids'.

No one has to support themselves anymore.

Heck the guy has been away from the family since 2001, why should the family get money from his exploits now?

Also, who the heck has been paying for his travels?

I have been asking that very same question Carnut....
How does this guy afford to be an International Traveler??

Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #289 on: August 24, 2006, 06:34:37 PM »

http://et.tv.yahoo.com/celebrities/15518/

Karr en route to Boulder today.

State Police plane taking him there.

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #290 on: August 24, 2006, 10:46:51 PM »

hey did y'all think of this... if Karr is blowing smoke... there is no story?

Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #291 on: August 25, 2006, 05:34:23 AM »

Yes, I did Mrs.

And what strikes me as funny.....

If Karr's family is so sure that he was not in Colorado and that he did not do it...

Why go to the lengths of trying to hire a high profile attorney and a media manager to improve his image?  When the DNA comes back and it is not a match as I think will happen.....He will be outta the picture so to speak.

So are they trying to cash in now while the story is still hot?

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #292 on: August 25, 2006, 08:37:44 AM »

Yes, I did Mrs.

If Karr's family is so sure that he was not in Colorado and that he did not do it...

Why go to the lengths of trying to hire a high profile attorney and a media manager to improve his image?  When the DNA comes back and it is not a match as I think will happen.....He will be outta the picture so to speak.

I don't know... interesting question... I think maybe they are just trying to absorb what is going to happen to the kids... they probably need therapy  - I just don't think he is guilty... I think he's a disgusting freak who had too many times he got away with it and decided that he would be famous through this case... only answer I can come up with.....

Did you ever read the book "In Cold Blood" ? OR see the movie Capote.. I suspect if he did do this then a book would be similar....

Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #293 on: August 25, 2006, 08:43:03 AM »

Yes, I did Mrs.

I don't know... interesting question... I think maybe they are just trying to absorb what is going to happen to the kids... they probably need therapy  - I just don't think he is guilty... I think he's a disgusting freak who had too many times he got away with it and decided that he would be famous through this case... only answer I can come up with.....

Did you ever read the book "In Cold Blood" ? OR see the movie Capote.. I suspect if he did do this then a book would be similar....

I don't think he did it either.

Yep read the book and saw the movie.

Chilling.

Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #294 on: August 25, 2006, 09:17:11 AM »

Making a buck off tragedy
By Boston Herald editorial staff
Friday, August 25, 2006

It is perhaps as inevitable as it is grotesque: The father and brother of John Mark Karr, now facing charges in connection with the death of JonBenet Ramsey, have hired author and producer Larry Garrison to represent the family in any book or media deals that might come out of this increasingly bizarre case.

JonBenet Ramsey:  Related articles, multimedia & images » Raw Video: Karr Home Movies» Break in the Ramsey Case: Complete AP Video Coverage» AP Video: John Karr Waives Extradition to Colorado» AP Video: After Luxurious Flight, Karr Held in Isolation» AP Video: Who is John Mark Karr?» Confession raises doubt: Suspect’s rambling story full of holes, DNA eyed as crucial» A tragedy nears an end» AP Video: New Facts on Arrest in JonBenet Murder» AP Video: JonBenet: A look back at the case» AP Video: John Ramsey: Let ‘justice run its course’» AP Video: Aunt: JonBenet’s mom ‘rejoices’ in heaven

Is this a great country or what!

A 6-year-old child is dead. Her family has been devastated by the loss and by the suspicions cast on them for almost a decade, but hey, when isn’t it right to make a buck off tragedy?

Oh, sure there are reasons galore advanced by Karr’s family for the deal, including their intentions to use any proceeds to help cover Karr’s legal fees and put his own three sons through college.

“These people are spiritually coming from the right place,” Garrison insisted. “They’re really good people. They’re family oriented. They’re not greedy. They’re looking for the spin to stop.”

Yep, looking for the spin to stop and looking in all the wrong places - like, say, Hollywood.

Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #295 on: August 25, 2006, 10:31:23 AM »

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/446653p-375951c.html

Perv lands in Colorado pen  

Ahhhhh by the title alone I knew this came from A NEW Yawk Paper...

GOD I LOVE THAT CITY!

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #296 on: August 25, 2006, 11:03:35 AM »

Well I do love the title Perv lands in Colo. Pen... that's great!!

As for the Boston Globe.. that's calling the kettle black sotaspeak - they don't get paid to write about the stuff happening around here?  

I know of an extremely wealthy Boston family that had a person affected by the 9-11 attacks... immediately the next day they put all over the radio and in the papers that ppl could donate to the infant daughter's fund for college.... she didn't even need to be funded -

NOW - I am NOT - NOT in any way saying the two incidents are REMOTELY the same -  but I guess I worry about Karr's kids a little... what a damn strike - that is the man who is supposed to protect and teach you - and you find out he is nothing but a freak.. a complete and utter freak....

So I guess  I am wondering... why is it ok for some kids and not others based on what their parents did.... the kids can't control the parents...and either way - it's an odd assumption that either set should be given a college education.... I mean like you said Jacq... there are student loans... still paying mine... LOL....

maybe I am having a contrary day.... but I just thought about all of that and wondered...

Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #297 on: August 25, 2006, 11:18:29 AM »

As for the Boston Globe.. that's calling the kettle black sotaspeak - they don't get paid to write about the stuff happening around here?  

I know of an extremely wealthy Boston family that had a person affected by the 9-11 attacks... immediately the next day they put all over the radio and in the papers that ppl could donate to the infant daughter's fund for college.... she didn't even need to be funded -

NOW - I am NOT - NOT in any way saying the two incidents are REMOTELY the same -  but I guess I worry about Karr's kids a little... what a damn strike - that is the man who is supposed to protect and teach you - and you find out he is nothing but a freak.. a complete and utter freak....

So I guess  I am wondering... why is it ok for some kids and not others based on what their parents did.... the kids can't control the parents...and either way - it's an odd assumption that either set should be given a college education.... I mean like you said Jacq... there are student loans... still paying mine... LOL....

maybe I am having a contrary day.... but I just thought about all of that and wondered...

No, I hear you...and don't get me wrong, I feel for his kids.
I feel for any kid....

I just don't think the whole point of them hiring Garrison and toting their story is soley for the welfare of his children.

I think they want to get their hands on money for themselves as well.

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #298 on: August 25, 2006, 11:32:27 AM »

No, I hear you...and don't get me wrong, I feel for his kids.
I feel for any kid....

I just don't think the whole point of them hiring Garrison and toting their story is soley for the welfare of his children.

I think they want to get their hands on money for themselves as well.

Well I have pre-ordered his last book The Newsbreakers - and in that he talks about Jon Benet... so when I get it, hopefully soon... I will tell you more what I think ...

but you could be right about the family... but I hope they are aware of the law of unintended consequences....

sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #299 on: August 25, 2006, 11:39:46 AM »

Stranger everyday!

I heard this morning that the family came up with another photo from Christmas -- but still without him in it.

I don't know about you -- but until they come up with a photo of that Christmas with him IN IT -- proving he could not have been in Boulder -- I'm not too interested in their family photo album.

This is just way too strange.

I wish we could hear more about the possible connection with the Boulder man who committed suicide and his 'partner's' get rich quick scheme.

That 'sbtc' in the yearbook really creeps me out Shocked

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.