March 28, 2024, 03:20:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JonBenet Ramsey  (Read 255219 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #600 on: October 23, 2013, 07:11:36 AM »

Letter sent on behalf of Ramsey by attorney.
http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site21/2013/1021/20131021_060814_Ramsey%20letter%20to%20Garnett.pdf

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #601 on: October 24, 2013, 05:32:58 AM »

Another link to follow
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/10/24/21106757-judge-orders-release-of-grand-jury-indictment-in-jonbenet-ramsey-case?lite

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #602 on: October 24, 2013, 02:34:39 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/23/justice/jonbenet-ramsey-document-release/index.html?eref=rss_mostpopular
JonBenet Ramsey case: Court to release indictment that went nowhere
By Steve Almasy, CNN
updated 1:17 PM EDT, Thu October 24, 2013

(CNN) -- Some documents in the JonBenet Ramsey case will be unsealed on Friday despite the objections of her father.

A judge in Colorado on Wednesday ordered the release of 18 pages that were sealed after a grand jury went home in 1999 without charges being filed.

In January, the Boulder Daily Camera, citing unidentified jurors as well as an assistant district attorney, said the grand jury had actually voted to indict JonBenet's parents on charges of child abuse resulting in death, but the district attorney decided not to move forward with the case.

"We do not have sufficient evidence to warrant the filing of charges," then-Boulder County District Attorney Alex Hunter said in 1999. He did not sign the indictment, according to the Daily Camera.

There will be nine pages on John Ramsey and nine pages on Patsy Ramsey released this week, according to the order from Judge J. Robert Lowenbach.
<snipped>

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #603 on: October 25, 2013, 10:28:11 AM »

It was just on Fox news, that the grand jury indictments for fo her parents.  However, the DA locked them in a safe b/c he felt he didn't have enough evidence to prosecute with.

Challapalca him!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #604 on: October 25, 2013, 03:02:14 PM »

http://www.kvue.com/news/229256501.html
Jurors wanted child abuse charges against Ramseys
October 25, 2013

Credit: MARIO TAMA/AFP/Getty Images
John (R) and Patsy Ramsey

DENVER (AP) — Newly released court documents reveal that a 1999 grand jury indicted John Ramsey and Patsy Ramsey for child abuse resulting in death and being an accessory to a crime, including murder.

However, the indictments released Friday did not say who killed their 6-year-old daughter JonBenet.

The document alleges both parents intended to delay or prevent the arrest of the alleged killer.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #605 on: October 25, 2013, 03:44:51 PM »

Ramsey documents.
http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2013/10/us/jonbenet-ramsey-documents/?hpt=hp_t1

~ Peter Frampton
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #606 on: October 26, 2013, 09:13:00 AM »

I find the intruder theory easier to believe than the theory her parents caused her death.

Just can't wrap my head around her Mother and Father going to the lengths to pretend they weren't involved. 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #607 on: October 26, 2013, 12:45:35 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/25/jonbenet-ramsey-indictment_n_4163140.html
JonBenet Ramsey Indictment Released (UPDATE)
October 25, 2013

DENVER -- DENVER (AP) — Grand jurors who reviewed evidence in the death of 6-year-old JonBenet Ramsey indicted both of her parents for child abuse resulting in death and being an accessory to a crime, including first-degree murder, according to documents released Friday.

The Daily Camera reported earlier this year that the grand jury had issued an indictment, but the documents for the first time revealed the charges against the Ramseys. The grand jury accused both John and Patsy Ramsey of helping someone who committed murder, but the document did not identify the alleged killer. The documents alleged both parents intended to delay or prevent the arrest of the alleged killer.

The district attorney at the time, Alex Hunter, who presented the evidence to the grand jury, declined to pursue charges saying: "I and my prosecutorial team believe we do not have sufficient evidence to warrant the filing of charges against anyone who has been investigated at this time."

Only pages that had been signed by the grand jury foreman and were considered official action of the jury were released. The numbering of the charges implies that there were other charges the jurors considered but rejected.

Hunter did not return a phone message left Thursday by The Associated Press in anticipation of the documents' release.

The grand jury met three years after the beauty queen's body was found bludgeoned and strangled in their home in Boulder on Dec. 26, 1996. The indictments alleged the crimes occurred between Dec. 25 and Dec. 26.

The Ramseys maintained their innocence, offering a $100,000 reward for the killer and mounting a newspaper campaign seeking evidence.

Former prosecutor and law professor Karen Steinhauser said grand juries sometimes hear evidence that won't be admitted during trial that can form the basis of indictments. But she added that prosecutors must have a good faith belief that they could prove a case beyond a reasonable doubt before pursuing charges.

"I'm not sure that the release of this indictment is going to change the fact that there has not been able to be a prosecution and probably won't be able to be a prosecution," she said.

More...

Video at Link

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #608 on: August 17, 2016, 07:58:48 AM »

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2016/08/16/jonbenet-ramsey-murder-new-tv-shows/88768310/
Unsolved JonBenet murder returns to TV spotlight
August 17, 2015

Twenty years after JonBenét Ramsey's murder drew extensive media coverage, the case will return to the spotlight with upcoming anniversary projects scheduled at CBS, Investigation Discovery (ID), Lifetime and on Dr. Phil.

The 1996 killing of the 6-year-old Colorado beauty pageant contestant, which has never been solved, drew rapt interest at the time from news organizations and the public along with criticism of oversaturated, tabloid-style coverage.

CBS, with The Case of: JonBenét Ramsey (Part 1 of 3, Sept. 18, 8:30 ET/8 PT), and ID, with JonBenét Ramsey: An American Murder Mystery (Sept. 12, 10 ET/PT), promise unique elements in their projects, which are not dramatizations. Each hints at revelations attained largely through the application of contemporary technology to a crime that occurred 20 years ago.

The CBS project, produced by Tom Forman (9/11, 48 Hours) and overseen by the network's alternative programming department, includes re-creating the Ramsey's Colorado home. Geller says it complements the network's popular procedural dramas. "This felt like the perfect extension of what we already do."

ID, which focuses on true-crime stories, will include never-before-seen family photos and home videos; a taped interview with JonBenét's older brother, Burke, when he was still a child; new interviews with investigators of the original case; and new technology to re-examine evidence, network president Henry Schleiff says. (Burke Ramsey, now 29, will be interviewed on Dr. Phil.)

"It represents the confluence of the search for closure and justice that we're seeing in any number of these stories," Schleiff says of the genre. "There is a moment here in our history where true crime and the search for justice has never been  more prominent or more popular."

Media coverage of the Ramsey case 20 years ago led to complaints of exploitation. Today's programmers say there remains huge interest in the topic, but they are taking a responsible approach.

"I think you have to be responsible in the way you pick things," Sharenow says. "The public is still very fascinated by (the case) and wants to hear more about it."

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #609 on: September 12, 2016, 07:57:15 PM »

Don't miss the Dana Pretzer show TOMORROW night at 9pm ET:

spooky112483
Monkey Junky

« Reply #610 on: September 23, 2016, 09:09:38 PM »

Hi all! Long time no see! I hope y'all are doing good. All these JonBenet Ramsey specials made me want to check in and see what the Monkeys were saying about it. I did listen to the Dana and Wendy podcast, thank you for posting that. Here's my deal, I go back and forth! And Blink on Crime says one thing and Wendy Murphy says another. LOL I don't know what to believe. I feel like there is a lack of facts being nailed down. Was she sexually assaulted or not? Is there DNA or not? And now this Burke theory! Well I just wanted to see what y'all thought. One reason I haven't been around in a awhile is because I am never on a computer I'm always on my phone! Does scared monkeys have a mobile website or app for easier viewing now? Let me go check over on the Natalee thread now 😘

"They call Alabama the Crimson Tide"
Arubagate2005
Go Lakers!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #611 on: October 31, 2016, 11:41:56 AM »

Hi all! Long time no see! I hope y'all are doing good. All these JonBenet Ramsey specials made me want to check in and see what the Monkeys were saying about it. I did listen to the Dana and Wendy podcast, thank you for posting that. Here's my deal, I go back and forth! And Blink on Crime says one thing and Wendy Murphy says another. LOL I don't know what to believe. I feel like there is a lack of facts being nailed down. Was she sexually assaulted or not? Is there DNA or not? And now this Burke theory! Well I just wanted to see what y'all thought. One reason I haven't been around in a awhile is because I am never on a computer I'm always on my phone! Does scared monkeys have a mobile website or app for easier viewing now? Let me go check over on the Natalee thread now 😘

Hi spooky!  I wonder if we will ever know the truth about JonBenet.  Her case has been bungled in more ways than one imo.     Perhaps someday, someone will have an attack of a guilty conscience and tell what they know.  Sadly, it may be the only way.  JMHO

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #612 on: October 31, 2016, 05:46:56 PM »

Spooky - on the mobile website, the answer is no.  Sorry...  I agree about this case, I'm not sure what to think.

Good to see you!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #613 on: December 14, 2016, 05:36:12 PM »

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-courts/new-dna-testing-planned-20-year-old-murder-case-jonbenet-n695916?cid=sm_tw

New DNA Testing Planned in the 20-Year-Old Murder Case of JonBenet Ramsey
by ELIZABETH CHUCK
DEC 14 2016, 3:53 PM ET

New DNA testing is planned in the unsolved murder of 6-year-old JonBenet Ramsey, whose death 20 years ago captivated the nation.

The news was first reported by NBC affiliate KUSA in Denver, Colorado, and by the Boulder Daily Camera. The two news outlets did a joint investigation in October which pointed to a variety of potential flaws in the interpretation of the DNA evidence in the case.

Boulder District Attorney Stan Garnett confirmed in a statement to NBC News Wednesday that his office had met with the Colorado Bureau of Investigation, which he said will be conducting "some further testing of the DNA evidence in the Ramsey case, as well as other cold case homicides and pending investigations," in a new lab with new testing procedures.

JonBenet's pajama-clad body was discovered on the morning after Christmas 1996 in the basement of her family's tony Boulder, Colorado, home. The little girl, much of whose brief life was spent on the beauty pageant circuit, had been beaten and strangled.

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #614 on: December 14, 2016, 11:18:09 PM »

i think the new DNA Testing , prob has to do with Familial DNA
some colorado info
http://www.denverda.org/dna/familial_dna_database_searches.htm

whats happening here b/c of the Nevaeh Wylie case and Familial DNA
@ bottom of article are links to more info on case
http://www.chroniclet.com/Local-News/2016/12/06/Case-is-first-in-state-to-employ-familial-DNA-to-find-suspect.html 

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #615 on: December 16, 2016, 09:13:44 PM »

just saw this on 20/20 abc tonite

20/20 JonBenét Ramsey
Twenty years after the murder of six-year-old beauty-pageant queen JonBenét Ramsey, the case remains unsolved. ABC News' Amy Robach sits down exclusively with a juror
from the grand jury that voted to indict John and Patsy Ramsey.
*NEW EPISODE*

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #616 on: December 29, 2016, 08:37:58 AM »

Brother of JonBenet Ramsey sues CBS for $750M over series

DENVER (AP) -- The older brother of JonBenet Ramsey is suing CBS and others for $750 million, saying his reputation was ruined after a television series that concluded he killed his 6-year-old sister two decades ago.

In the lawsuit filed Wednesday, Burke Ramsey claims that the network, its production company and the experts interviewed in the series on the unsolved murder conspired to defame him for publicity and profit. The series, called "The Case of JonBenet Ramsey," aired in September ahead of the 20th anniversary of JonBenet's death.

The beauty pageant star was found dead in the basement of her family's home in Boulder, Colorado, the day after Christmas in 1996. A prosecutor cleared her parents and brother in 2008 based on DNA evidence. But the district attorney currently overseeing the case has said it was premature to exonerate the Ramseys and ordered additional tests using new DNA testing technology that authorities hope will further the investigation.

Police have collected and studied thousands of pieces of evidence and say the case remains open.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/brother-jonbenet-ramsey-sues-cbs-750m-over-series-212534980.html

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #617 on: March 12, 2017, 12:16:34 PM »

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-courts/new-dna-testing-planned-20-year-old-murder-case-jonbenet-n695916?cid=sm_tw

New DNA Testing Planned in the 20-Year-Old Murder Case of JonBenet Ramsey
by ELIZABETH CHUCK
DEC 14 2016, 3:53 PM ET

New DNA testing is planned in the unsolved murder of 6-year-old JonBenet Ramsey, whose death 20 years ago captivated the nation.

The news was first reported by NBC affiliate KUSA in Denver, Colorado, and by the Boulder Daily Camera. The two news outlets did a joint investigation in October which pointed to a variety of potential flaws in the interpretation of the DNA evidence in the case.

Boulder District Attorney Stan Garnett confirmed in a statement to NBC News Wednesday that his office had met with the Colorado Bureau of Investigation, which he said will be conducting "some further testing of the DNA evidence in the Ramsey case, as well as other cold case homicides and pending investigations," in a new lab with new testing procedures.

JonBenet's pajama-clad body was discovered on the morning after Christmas 1996 in the basement of her family's tony Boulder, Colorado, home. The little girl, much of whose brief life was spent on the beauty pageant circuit, had been beaten and strangled.

3 months and no results from the new DNA tests. 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #618 on: May 14, 2017, 06:28:00 PM »

There Were a Handful of Suspects in JonBenét Ramsey's Murder, Including Her Own Parents

JonBenét Ramsey was only 6 years old when she was brutally murdered in her own home in December 1996, but the case has continued to fascinate the public in the more than 20 years since then. JonBenét's father, John, was the one who found her body on Dec. 26 in the basement of their Boulder, CO, home roughly eight hours after her parents reported her missing after they found a ransom note. An autopsy of JonBenét's body revealed that she was struck in the head and strangled to death. Police also later confirmed that she had been sexually assaulted.<snip>

https://www.popsugar.com/celebrity/Who-Killed-JonBenet-Ramsey-43503632

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #619 on: June 02, 2018, 11:19:02 AM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/06/02/arizona-forensic-psychiatrist-who-assisted-in-jonbenet-ramsey-case-gunned-down-outside-his-office.html
Arizona forensic psychiatrist who assisted in JonBenet Ramsey case gunned down outside his office
June 2, 2018

Arizona police are on the hunt Saturday for a suspect believed to have gunned down an Arizona forensic psychiatrist who helped prosecutors with investigations in the high-profile 1996 killing of JonBenet Ramsey.

Steven Pitt, who also helped Phoenix police catch an attacker known as the "Baseline Killer" – who terrorized the city in summer 2006, was killed Thursday outside his office in Scottsdale.

Witnesses told police they heard a loud argument before shots were fired, although Sgt. Vince Lewis said he had no information on whether the killing was connected to the 59-year-old's work.
"We are not ruling anything out, but at this point, a loud argument probably suggests they knew each other either professionally or personally," Lewis also told NBC News, adding that police are trying to track down surveillance footage of the attack.

Investigators released a sketch of the suspect who fled the scene, described as a bald, adult white male who was last seen wearing a dark-colored hat, according to Fox 10 Phoenix.

During his career, Pitt assisted in the investigation into the death of 6-year-old JonBenet Ramsey, a beauty pageant star who was found dead at her family's home in Boulder, Colorado. A prosecutor cleared her parents and brother in 2008 based on DNA evidence.

Boulder County District Attorney Alex Hunter described Pitt in 1999 as a “tough and tenacious.”

"When I talked to different people about him," Hunter told the Phoenix New Times, "he came with really high marks. He gave us insights in terms of 'profiling' people that we were looking at that I thought were beyond all of our expertise, important, helpful stuff.”

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.