April 28, 2024, 04:43:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #9 11/19 - 1/23/2008  (Read 221332 times)
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #180 on: December 02, 2007, 10:32:28 AM »

ROFL !!!!!!!! Mrs you have Mikimoto on your avi?  Laughing Laughing Laughing

I am busting how clever of CBB - yooohooo Red, subliminal messages  Laughing

We're all getting son's new front teeth for xmas  Rolling Eyes

Jacquie it's good to see you, I've flown in and out of NY all fall but have to go north to corporate so I never get to stay and play  Sad

I continue to stand with the girl.
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #181 on: December 02, 2007, 11:26:30 AM »

Dear Santa,
Please bring Nonesy a new swing.  That thing she's in now is about worn out.  I know.I saw her swinging in it yesterday and the day before that and the day before that.  Maybe a diamond studded swing would be nice.  Santa, are you listening to me?  Rolling Eyes
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #182 on: December 02, 2007, 02:47:51 PM »

I've been gone the past week.

Has the " View the most recent posts on the forum" feature been deactivated?

It no worky for me.

Sleddogs:  I can't answer that question, email Dugga ok?  dugga@scaredmonkeys.com
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #183 on: December 02, 2007, 03:18:31 PM »

ME attempting to make my Christmas dough ornaments in time to be shipped out while moderating this forum, lol  Laughing

These are the Santa Bears (still need their hats, legs, boots and feet.  They are baked then painted and varnished.  I've been making them for 30 years  Shocked
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #184 on: December 02, 2007, 04:39:09 PM »

ME attempting to make my Christmas dough ornaments in time to be shipped out while moderating this forum, lol  Laughing

These are the Santa Bears (still need their hats, legs, boots and feet.  They are baked then painted and varnished.  I've been making them for 30 years  Shocked

You mean they aren't Santa MonkeysShocked

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #185 on: December 02, 2007, 06:48:52 PM »

I've been gone the past week.

Has the " View the most recent posts on the forum" feature been deactivated?

It no worky for me.

Sleddogs:  I can't answer that question, email Dugga ok?  dugga@scaredmonkeys.com

I had never used that function and just tried it....found same as Sleddogs....the only way to see the posts is to click on Reply with Quote button.  Hopefully, he sent Dugga an email.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #186 on: December 02, 2007, 10:07:59 PM »

Does anyone have a recipe for butter tarts, not the mooshy kind, not the rock-hard kind but the ones that melt heavenly in your mouth.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #187 on: December 02, 2007, 10:28:53 PM »

Does anyone have a recipe for butter tarts, not the mooshy kind, not the rock-hard kind but the ones that melt heavenly in your mouth.

OK, I'm not sure if I've even had them before but I found a couple recipies (if it's the same butter tarts, lol  Laughing )

http://www.dianasdesserts.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/recipes.recipeListing/filter/dianas/recipeID/1669/Recipe.cfm

http://bakingbites.com/2007/10/butter-tarts/

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=535778
A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #188 on: December 03, 2007, 12:21:52 AM »

Klaasend, are you familiar with scroogeyourself.com?  You can do a Jib Jab type thing with Joran as Scrooge, for a little holiday fun.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #189 on: December 03, 2007, 01:52:56 AM »

Klaasend, are you familiar with scroogeyourself.com?  You can do a Jib Jab type thing with Joran as Scrooge, for a little holiday fun.

Yes, and the elf me site.  Haven't had time to do the scroogeyourself with Joran yet but I will  Wink
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #190 on: December 03, 2007, 01:56:34 AM »

Klaas, thank you.  I know you are not Canadian, but I'm going to write that one down with the Canola oil because I think that one sounds closer to what I want, "pecan pie" without the pecans and you need to lean forward to eat it, to prevent it from falling on your clothes.... I believe that one will be fine.  I will try it and let everyone know how it turned out.  I had a Canadian friend who made them who died a few years ago and DH reminded me of them and it had been a while since I thought about them.  I am excited to have the recipe and hope that it turns out half as good as hers.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #191 on: December 03, 2007, 02:03:46 AM »

http://www.scroogeyourself.com/?id=1145932248
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #192 on: December 03, 2007, 02:05:17 AM »

Klaas, thank you.  I know you are not Canadian, but I'm going to write that one down with the Canola oil because I think that one sounds closer to what I want, "pecan pie" without the pecans and you need to lean forward to eat it, to prevent it from falling on your clothes.... I believe that one will be fine.  I will try it and let everyone know how it turned out.  I had a Canadian friend who made them who died a few years ago and DH reminded me of them and it had been a while since I thought about them.  I am excited to have the recipe and hope that it turns out half as good as hers.

From what I read it sounds like they are a Canadian treat.  Maybe Leslie or Kat_Gram have recipies as well.  Glad to be of help!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #193 on: December 03, 2007, 08:29:50 AM »

Good morning Monkeys  sunny  Are you all ready for Monday?  I'm not.  But oh well...

Klaas, would you please add "Riley Ann Sawyer" to the thread title of "Baby Grace" in the Crimes Against Children Thread.  Poor little girl... Sad

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #194 on: December 03, 2007, 08:39:00 AM »

They are cute Klaas.  Take a picture of the final product when you are done.

I cannot vision myself making them for 30 years.

Can you tell I give up quickly  Laughing
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #195 on: December 03, 2007, 08:49:55 AM »

They are cute Klaas.  Take a picture of the final product when you are done.

I cannot vision myself making them for 30 years.

Can you tell I give up quickly  Laughing

I'll bet those really are cute.  I'd like to see them when they are finished too.  Smile  I was just doing the math.  If Klaas has been making the Santa Bears for 30 years, that must mean she started making them when she was maybe two years old, right?!   Laughing Laughing

Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #196 on: December 03, 2007, 11:17:25 AM »

Dear Santa,
I am getting behind with this "list" stuff...you know I am not well organized.  Please send me an assistant quickly.  I would hate to get things mixed up and send coal to the wrong people.  While I have you listening let me catch up with some of our monkey requests.

Please bring MuffyBee an extra pairs of wings this year.  She flits from one place to the next sprinkling us with honey bee dust in hopes of keeping us all sweet.  I know her old ones are showing wear from all this work.  Maybe she could pick out the color she wants...gotta match the eyes, you know.

Nut 44x4 needs  new tires for his big truck.  Maybe even some big boots to go with his big truck.  Just a thought.

NYC_lover
Monkey Junky Jr.

The Mercedes GL

« Reply #197 on: December 03, 2007, 12:05:52 PM »

I just read De Telegraaf. This is really funny stuff.
Read this only when you like skiing and if you are single.  Wink
Lexa.nl organised a speeddate at the ski's on January 26 to February 2, 2008 at Avoriaz, France.
http://vrouw.telegraaf.nl/actueel/2684646/Speeddaten_op_de_ski_s.html?p=22,1

I am glad hear this media attention from the Netherlands. ‘Recherche verdraait informatie te vaak’
Investigators in a black breach and again a bad name of the Dutch police. It smells again to Corrpution and a negative researching in missing persons cases
NYC_lover
Monkey Junky Jr.

The Mercedes GL

« Reply #198 on: December 03, 2007, 02:27:29 PM »

I am glad to see this news.

Interpol tips police Thailand.
60-years-old Dutch male arrested in Thailand.
He is arrested on suspicion of abuse of 12-years-old boy.

Good work Interpol.  Interpol!!!

I am glad hear this media attention from the Netherlands. ‘Recherche verdraait informatie te vaak’
Investigators in a black breach and again a bad name of the Dutch police. It smells again to Corrpution and a negative researching in missing persons cases
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #199 on: December 03, 2007, 08:45:34 PM »

REEEEEDDDD...OOOOHHHH RRREEEEEDDDDD!!!

MR. RED!!!!

I posted the following on the front page...is you a chicken???!!! lol

ldstlou on December 3rd, 2007 8:45 am
That’s it Red!!!! Ya bashed my Buckeyes just one too many times!!! lol
Put your $$ where your mouth is!!!! Let’s make a wager!!! If Buckeyes win, Klaas has to make you a mug with my Buckeye avatar and you have to drink from it ALL YEAR LONG!!!
If LSU beats my Buckeyes, You can have a mug made of your choice (be nice, I am a Monkey!!) and I will buy it and drink from it all year.
Deal?!
Lisa

"No justice for Natalee - No tourists for Aruba!"
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.