April 28, 2024, 01:04:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #9 11/19 - 1/23/2008  (Read 221322 times)
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #280 on: December 10, 2007, 11:19:56 PM »

Would that be something like a Roomba?   Shocked  No wonder Blah lost his....oh nevermind.  Rolling Eyes
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #281 on: December 11, 2007, 10:12:25 AM »

Thanks to all Santa’s helpers…..and Jerry you have been missed.

Tib….Thank you for the gift. Should arrive bright and early Christmas morning…..This morning I have read my favorite poem countless times, watched my favorite Qantas ad over and over, topped off with ‘Six White Boomers’. Going to toddle off and find ‘Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport’. Will share a little of Australia's favorite poem.

From ‘My Country’ by Dorothea Mackellar

An opal-hearted country,
A wilful, lavish land
All you who have not loved her,
You will not understand
though Earth holds many splendours,
Wherever I may die,
I know to what brown country
My homing thoughts will fly.
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #282 on: December 11, 2007, 05:39:53 PM »

Hi Monkeys

Just peeking in for a bit.. to let Lala's know I got my present from Santa...

Grandson #2    Anthony  -  9lb 14oz..  and everyone is doing great... will post some pics   when I get them 

Klaasend & CBB   great job on the flyers !   
I hope they can get some local Phone #'s added  for the NON - Internet types.

Oh ... I need to let Carolyn know...   As far as I know  TES  searchers have to be 18 or older 

Anyway... catcth ya all later...  Keep the faith & be safe

SeeYaaaByeee    

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
CJ1
« Reply #283 on: December 11, 2007, 07:02:42 PM »

Congratulations Oldfart!
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #284 on: December 11, 2007, 07:26:24 PM »

Old Fart, what a great Christmas gift you got. Congratulations to you and yours.

I have noticed Lalas has not included me on any of her post to Santa so I would like to put my 2 cents in here. I want to make sure Santa knows the same thing I have told all my family.

If I can't eat it or wear it or use it up in some way then please do not leave it at my house. I definitley do not want anything else I have to dust. Well maybe  family photos.

Lalas , I have really enjoyed reading your Santa list. I also know they are all in fun. JMHO

Just a swinging with the tribe
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #285 on: December 11, 2007, 07:29:06 PM »

That is wonderful Old Fart...hold that baby and sing it a lullaby for me...um...well maybe you shouldn't sing.  Rolling Eyes  Anyway, babies are so precious.  God's answer to why we are here on this planet in this solar system in this galaxy in this universe...LOVE.  Nothing is more simple or so very scary as the love for a newborn baby. It's like looking into God's soul...there is nothing there but pure love.  Amazing!
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #286 on: December 11, 2007, 08:07:30 PM »

That is wonderful Old Fart...hold that baby and sing it a lullaby for me...um...well maybe you shouldn't sing.  Rolling Eyes  Anyway, babies are so precious.  God's answer to why we are here on this planet in this solar system in this galaxy in this universe...LOVE.  Nothing is more simple or so very scary as the love for a newborn baby. It's like looking into God's soul...there is nothing there but pure love.  Amazing!

LaLa's    Laughing

How did you know my singing would make things Run-A-Way and hide!!
As far as holding him... I will in a day or so.   Embarassed 
I did not have much of a problem holding both of my boys at the same time.. when they were only around 5 lbs  way back when ... but I'm older & ..umm ahhhh.. You know what I mean

And yes there is nothing... in the world that matches a New Born's tiny, tiny fingers grasphing on to yours   except maybe the way they smell.

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #287 on: December 11, 2007, 08:40:41 PM »

Congrats on your new Grandson OldFart

Maine, born and raised!
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #288 on: December 11, 2007, 09:46:00 PM »

Old Fart... what wonderful news... how exciting.. and you are so right about the way babies smell....

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #289 on: December 11, 2007, 11:57:17 PM »

Congratulations Oldfart!!    There must be something special about grand babies.  Hubby and I talk about our grandkids all the time, and we don't even have any yet. lol
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #290 on: December 12, 2007, 04:06:19 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,316592,00.html

Report: Researchers Clone Fluorescent Cats
Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Researchers in South Korea have cloned a cat and modified its genes so that it will glow red under ultraviolet light, the Korea Times reports.

The Gyeongsang National University researchers, led by Prof. Kong Il-keun, modified the genes of Turkish Angora cats so that a red protein would glow in their skin when exposed to ultraviolet light, the paper reports.

The scientists modified the skin cells of the mother cat by using a virus to make the protein fluoresce, according to the Times.

Four of the glowing kittens were born in January and February of this year, but only three survived.

Researchers found that cells throughout the dead kitty fluoresced red, the paper said

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/biz/2007/12/123_15447.html
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #291 on: December 12, 2007, 07:10:44 PM »

Oldfart, congratulations!!  Anthony is a big boy at that starting weight.  His grip should be a firm one, for sure.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #292 on: December 12, 2007, 07:19:36 PM »

Now, this is more like it.  I have all my Christmas decorations up outside.  Whew!  That was hard...I have lights on my trees, lights on my bushes, lights on the porch all the way around.  Lights around my windows and doors.  I think you will be able to see me this year Santa.  O.K. Let's see if I can get these lights to work. Extension cords plugged in....check.  All lights plugged in...check...here goes...Ta da!!!  Wow!  Santa you should see this...I bet the neighbors are jealous.

Where was I?  Oh yes, Rooscrew.  She is a little kangaroo.  She has been hopping all over the forum lately.  Maybe she could use a new pair of shoes...I bet hers are worn on the soles. Wonder how you size a kangaroo for shoes?  Hmmmm...I will leave that one to you Santa.  I saw Altruist here the other day.  Not sure what that one wants, but maybe you could check your email for their wishes. I think more time to spend with us monkeys would be nice too.

I haven't seen BOC in here lately, but I am sure he would like something in orange...he's a big Vols fan, but don't let on that I told you. BlueMoon needs some time spent in the sunshine...no way to get a tan in the dark.  Rolling Eyes  CP405 needs some new doggie beds for her babies...she's Nemo's mom..yes that's the one.  Hugs to Nemo. 

I think Private Eye really likes to eat...heard he had a cookbook that made you gain weight. I hope that doesn't mean he's eating the pages. Send him some of your cookies...I know you have plenty.  I have been thinking about what Klaas needs...well besides a raise...hear that Red?  She needs a pair of wings.  Why?  Because she is so patient and kind to all us monkeys and besides her feet are worn out from all those times she runs to the store and runs back and runs to her inlaws and runs back.  I have never seen anyone that did so much running and so fast at it too.  And please don't forget San...shhh!  I know that is a funny name, but she has guns and weapons and such.  Don't let her teeny size fool you. I think maybe she needs a new gun case for Christmas....extra, extra large to hold her bazookas.  What? Santa, you have to be kidding me...what do you mean San's are not weapons?

Uh oh!!  Uh...Santa, I will get back to you...just as soon as the firetrucks  leave. Hmmmm...maybe I went a bit much on the lights... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #293 on: December 12, 2007, 08:32:09 PM »

Now, this is more like it.  I have all my Christmas decorations up outside.  Whew!  That was hard...I have lights on my trees, lights on my bushes, lights on the porch all the way around.  Lights around my windows and doors.  I think you will be able to see me this year Santa.  O.K. Let's see if I can get these lights to work. Extension cords plugged in....check.  All lights plugged in...check...here goes...Ta da!!!  Wow!  Santa you should see this...I bet the neighbors are jealous.

<<  Snip  >>

LOL  LaLas 
Glad you did not go thru
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ian6NyXpszw

to end up with
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMKkT40GNWk&feature=related

OH..  Make sure you Check that tree !!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdiXSsFp29s
 Laughing

Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #294 on: December 12, 2007, 09:12:27 PM »

Old Fart, what a great Christmas gift you got. Congratulations to you and yours.

I have noticed Lalas has not included me on any of her post to Santa so I would like to put my 2 cents in here. I want to make sure Santa knows the same thing I have told all my family.

If I can't eat it or wear it or use it up in some way then please do not leave it at my house. I definitley do not want anything else I have to dust. Well maybe  family photos.

Lalas , I have really enjoyed reading your Santa list. I also know they are all in fun. JMHO

HMMMMMM....from an earlier post.

Oh and there is always CJ and SMSam. I am not sure what they want.  They are always so quiet.  You know, I bet they have a sneaky streak in them.  Just pick out something nice for them.  They are on my good list this year.

Look Santa, I didn't' know what Sam needed but I am thinking maybe a new pair of glasses this year.   Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes   You know I would not forget you. You seem to be hanging in my window all the time.  Rolling Eyes
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #295 on: December 12, 2007, 09:51:27 PM »

Oh hey Monkeys... I tried to go to the nancy grace fan website ... that Levi had in his sig line... I wanted to be sure to let him know that Pat Brown was on SM radio.... he wanted to hear her... so if anyone is on that forum or can go there... please let him know...

I tired but I couldn't register!

thanks Monkeys!!

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #296 on: December 13, 2007, 12:42:53 PM »

Captain Kidd Ship Found LiveScience Staff

LiveScience.com
1 hour, 53 minutes ago

The wreckage of a pirate ship abandoned by Captain Kidd in the 17th century has been found by divers in shallow waters off the Dominican Republic, a research team claims.

The underwater archaeology team, from Indiana University, says they have found the remains of Quedagh Merchant, actively sought by treasure hunters for years.

Charles Beeker of IU said his team has been licensed to study the wreckage and convert the site into an underwater preserve for the public.

It is remarkable that the wreck has remained undiscovered all these years given its location, just 70 feet off the coast of Catalina Island in the Dominican Republic in less than 10 feet of seawater.

"I've been on literally thousands of shipwrecks in my career," Beeker said. "This is one of the first sites I've been on where I haven't seen any looting. We've got a shipwreck in crystal clear, pristine water that's amazingly untouched. We want to keep it that way, so we made the announcement now to ensure the site's protection from looters."

The find is valuable because of what it could reveal about William Kidd and piracy in the Caribbean, said John Foster, California's state underwater archaeologist, who is participating in the research.

Historians differ on whether Kidd was actually a pirate or a privateer — someone who captured pirates. After his conviction of piracy and murder charges in a sensational London trial, he was left to hang over the River Thames for two years.

Historians write that Kidd captured the Quedagh Merchant, loaded with valuable satins and silks, gold, silver and other East Indian merchandise, but left the ship in the Caribbean as he sailed to New York on a less conspicuous sloop to clear his name of the criminal charges.

IU Anthropologist Geoffrey Conrad said the men Kidd entrusted with his ship reportedly looted it and then set it ablaze and adrift down the Rio Dulce. Conrad said the location of the wreckage and the formation and size of the canons, which had been used as ballast, are consistent with historical records of the ship. They also found pieces of several anchors under the cannons.

"All the evidence that we find underwater is consistent with what we know from historical documentation, which is extensive," Conrad said. "Through rigorous archeological investigations, we will conclusively prove that this is the Capt. Kidd shipwreck."

The IU team examined the shipwreck at the request of the Dominican Republic's Oficina Nacional De Patrimonio Cultural Subacuático.

"The site was initially discovered by a local prominent resident of Casa De Campo, who recognized the significance of the numerous cannons and requested the site be properly investigated," said ONPCS Technical Director Francis Soto. "So, I contacted IU."

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

crazybabyborg
« Reply #297 on: December 13, 2007, 03:34:00 PM »

Hi Monkeys! Just checking in. I feel lousy................get up for 10 minutes, and in bed for 2 hours. I'm keeping an eye on you guys whenever I can though. Hang in there and I will too!

Patti
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #298 on: December 13, 2007, 08:18:01 PM »

Klaas:

I was at my hairdresser's today and we started talking about the Natalee Holloway case and the man that owns the shop said that they found her.  He said that he heard that they'd found her in 125' of water in a cage and he went on to say that a wealthy man in Texas had donated the use of his yaught for the search.  I know the part about the Texan is true, but
have you heard anything about her being found?

Something
Bad Happened!

But Aruba says...
Joran is innocent
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #299 on: December 13, 2007, 11:35:07 PM »

Hi Monkeys! Just checking in. I feel lousy................get up for 10 minutes, and in bed for 2 hours. I'm keeping an eye on you guys whenever I can though. Hang in there and I will too!

Feel better soon, cbb....take care of yourself...no foolin' around.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.