April 27, 2024, 05:56:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #9 11/19 - 1/23/2008  (Read 221303 times)
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #340 on: December 19, 2007, 11:32:52 PM »

If there is anyone I have missed in my Santa letters, let me know.  I am getting busy trying to answer all of Santa's calls now.  He has me working in the toy shop too. I thought those blasted elves were suppose to do that?  I think they are outside playing the snow with Snoopy.  Rolling Eyes
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #341 on: December 20, 2007, 10:59:31 PM »

Dear LaLas,

I already received the front stoop door rug that you asked God to send me. It is in stripes but the main color is deep red.

Thank you!

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #342 on: December 20, 2007, 11:18:11 PM »

Hi Monkeys...
Jerry I have had your lady's mom in my prayers....

IBE... honey hush... you go dancing and enjoy!  Share that wonderfully big heart of yours and be happy...keeping a small prayer for you Wink

Lala's so glad to see you are still giving Santa his list....

I know I am missing something...  Confused  but I have been missing y'all and trying to lurk and stay caught up when I can...

BTW, Santa was very good to me this year..... the manager from hell quit... Laughing Laughing  now if he's amazingly good and I get promoted! Wink

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #343 on: December 21, 2007, 10:29:03 AM »

Hi Monkeys...
Jerry I have had your lady's mom in my prayers....

IBE... honey hush... you go dancing and enjoy!  Share that wonderfully big heart of yours and be happy...keeping a small prayer for you Wink

Lala's so glad to see you are still giving Santa his list....

I know I am missing something...  Confused  but I have been missing y'all and trying to lurk and stay caught up when I can...

BTW, Santa was very good to me this year..... the manager from hell quit... Laughing Laughing  now if he's amazingly good and I get promoted! Wink

Ask, Believe, Receive  Cool

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #344 on: December 21, 2007, 11:01:26 AM »

I can relate to this  Laughing Laughing Laughing

NYC_lover
Monkey Junky Jr.

The Mercedes GL

« Reply #345 on: December 21, 2007, 11:54:46 AM »

If there is anyone I have missed in my Santa letters, let me know.  I am getting busy trying to answer all of Santa's calls now.  He has me working in the toy shop too. I thought those blasted elves were suppose to do that?  I think they are outside playing the snow with Snoopy.  Rolling Eyes
Lala'sMom - u look like an author, are u an author?

I am glad hear this media attention from the Netherlands. ‘Recherche verdraait informatie te vaak’
Investigators in a black breach and again a bad name of the Dutch police. It smells again to Corrpution and a negative researching in missing persons cases
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #346 on: December 21, 2007, 12:31:49 PM »

Anyone care to do the shopping and present wrapping for my eleven grandchildren?  Last year it was only 8 and now my kids are making me work hard this year.  I am getting too old for all this.  Santa abandons us old folks when we need him most!! Sad

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #347 on: December 21, 2007, 12:41:40 PM »

Anyone care to do the shopping and present wrapping for my eleven grandchildren?  Last year it was only 8 and now my kids are making me work hard this year.  I am getting too old for all this.  Santa abandons us old folks when we need him most!! Sad

Wow  11 grandchildren!!  Here's a tip.  Several years ago it became too much of a burden for my motherinlaw to do all the shopping so each year after Thanksgiving she gives me some money to get each person their gifts.  So I pick up all the gifts and take them to her.   Everybody's happy that way.  And I always make sure that the "special" gifts come from her and grandpa.  You know.  The things they really want.  Have your kids do that.

Also I started buying pretty bags for presents.  I decided years ago that I wasn't goin to let the chore of wrapping presents ruin the Christmas spirit.  Also pretty decorated boxes. 
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #348 on: December 21, 2007, 06:26:18 PM »

Amazon.com  (through the SM link) and most of the time there is free shipping offered, and gift wrap too...  after only have 6 neices and nephews, I have learned that it's the way to shop... plus I get to avoid all mall traffic and can shop at my leisure..

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #349 on: December 21, 2007, 08:10:14 PM »

What is the best thing for a nasty cough???

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #350 on: December 21, 2007, 08:14:36 PM »

What is the best thing for a nasty cough???

Mrs. Red, you sound like you have what everyone else has been getting, including me.  Starts out like a nasty cold, congestion then you end up with a cough that is horrible especially at night.  I've tried just about everything and nothing has worked.  I did just get some Cepacol tablets today that sort of numb your throat so it feels better for a while. 

From what I've been told this virus lasts at least 3 weeks.  First week you are feeling really overall sick then after that the coughing.

You could try sipping on some Kahlua (sp) and see if that stops you from coughing temporarily.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #351 on: December 21, 2007, 08:20:01 PM »

Mrs. Red ~ Do you have any honey on hand?  Take a spoonful of that for your cough.  Or, you could have a cup of hot tea with lemon and honey.  I know some folks swear by Robitussin cough syrup.  As a bee, I would recommend the honey...

Hope you feel better soon Mrs. Red! 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #352 on: December 21, 2007, 08:21:10 PM »

Mrs. Red ~  if you go the Robitussin route, get the Robitssin DM. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #353 on: December 21, 2007, 08:21:24 PM »

Dextromethorphan  or Robitussin DM works.

Also chocolate.
snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #354 on: December 21, 2007, 08:22:23 PM »

Hope you feel better soon mrs. red
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #355 on: December 21, 2007, 08:49:15 PM »

thanks monkeys....
I am going to try all of them....

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #356 on: December 21, 2007, 08:51:28 PM »

Klaas... three weeks???? Holy COW.. I am going to kill the girl at work that refused to go to the doctor or stay home....  Rolling Eyes

now the entire office is sick at Christmas.

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #357 on: December 21, 2007, 08:55:13 PM »

All of you sickos ... please get well soon! With love, Louise

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #358 on: December 21, 2007, 11:44:31 PM »

Dear LaLas,

I already received the front stoop door rug that you asked God to send me. It is in stripes but the main color is deep red.

Thank you!

You are welcome...I am good. I wonder if I should ask for a million dollars next time?  Rolling Eyes
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #359 on: December 21, 2007, 11:47:16 PM »

Lala'sMom - u look like an author, are u an author?

No, but thank you for the compliment.  My daughter, however, has that as one of her goals in life.  She's much better than I am when it comes to writing.  I would like to think she got her talent from me, but I know better.  All that she is came straight from God.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.