April 28, 2024, 10:25:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #9 11/19 - 1/23/2008  (Read 221340 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #360 on: December 22, 2007, 02:20:02 AM »

Klaas... three weeks???? Holy COW.. I am going to kill the girl at work that refused to go to the doctor or stay home....  Rolling Eyes

now the entire office is sick at Christmas.

Mrs. Red - I've had it about 10 days now and today is my best day.  I'm feeling pretty good but still have that cough.  Everyone I've talked to says the cough stays with you for about 3 weeks or more.  It's a virus, so not much you can do except treat the symptoms, drink plenty of fluids and get plenty of rest (which is hard to do when you cough the minute you lay down).
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #361 on: December 22, 2007, 07:23:06 AM »

Yes, please do take care.  Mrs Owl began coughing badly in late October.  I can't tell you how many different prescription and over the counter things she ended up taking.  One night she couldn't breath so we ended up at the emergency room where she could get nebulizer treatments.  She ended up having to get her own nebulizer.  Fortunately, our bed has dual controls to raise the head and foot of the bed.  She slept on the incline for 2 months.  That plus some other complications ended up in having her needing a PICC line placed and we were trained in how to give her IV anti-biotics every day.  At least she didn't need to stay in the hospital.  She just had the IV line taken out this week and now has a prescription for 60 days of anti-biotics.

She is well on the road to recovery and feels much better now.  So I repeat, please do take care.  This is a nasty strain.

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
Jerry from Ohio
Monkey Junky Jr.

mom always said that I was cute as a Bunny <g>

« Reply #362 on: December 22, 2007, 10:13:39 AM »

Thank you Ms Red  your prayers are most welcome as all the other SM this is going to be a long tough trail I am afraid  in talking to the Dr yesterday I heard a lot more concern in his voice for her recovery  and rehabilitation  I just don't wish this type of responsibility on any one  but this is just tearing my young Jessica apart  she was definitely  NOT ready for this .

Hi Monkeys...

Hi Monkeys...
Jerry I have had your lady's mom in my prayers....

IBE... honey hush... you go dancing and enjoy!  Share that wonderfully big heart of yours and be happy...keeping a small prayer for you Wink

Lala's so glad to see you are still giving Santa his list....

I know I am missing something...  Confused  but I have been missing y'all and trying to lurk and stay caught up when I can...

BTW, Santa was very good to me this year..... the manager from hell quit... Laughing Laughing  now if he's amazingly good and I get promoted! Wink

Jerry I have had your lady's mom in my prayers....

I know I am missing something...  Confused  but I have been missing y'all and trying to lurk and stay caught up when I can...

BTW, Santa was very good to me this year..... the manager from hell quit... Laughing Laughing  now if he's amazingly good and I get promoted! Wink

Old Jer from Ohio
" I'm wild and a little crazy too ! 
 Some Girls don't  like boys like me  ,AWE, But some girls do  !

IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i245/jerryfromOhio/Howdy.jpg[/IMG]
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #363 on: December 22, 2007, 12:46:14 PM »

O/T

Anyone in the Houston area - please be on the lookout for this missing person:

MATTHEW WILSON - 20YR Rice University Student - missing since 12/14/07
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2471.0

He and his 2004 Dodge Neon are missing

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #364 on: December 22, 2007, 03:37:13 PM »

Jerry... no one is ever ready for that responsibility... but Jessica has you to lean on and I am sure that will help her tremendously.... and of course we will all be praying for her...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #365 on: December 22, 2007, 11:18:16 PM »

My tree:

crazybabyborg
« Reply #366 on: December 23, 2007, 02:33:45 AM »

Beautiful, Klaas!  Very Happy What a cheerful tree! Did you do all of that while you've been sick?  Shocked
You may have boycotted the mall, but you've been shopping somewhere!!!!  Laughing

I hope you're feeling better. I hate to hear you've still got a cough. I do too, and it's hard to rest well because of it.

I'm SO far behind due to this sick crap! I had started decorating the tree several days into it and gave up. Now, I am just finishing. Bought most everything online in the midst of fever, but still have a couple of things to pick up...........I HAVE TO GO OUT IN THIS TOMORROW!!!  Sad

I ventured out to a movie tonight; GREAT MOVIE: "Charlie Wilson's War" with Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts. But it was my first trip to the Mall since this started and I feel like I've hiked up a mountain. I'm cooking for Christmas because my son would understand, and he wouldn't say a word but be really disappointed if I didn't. He always brings a horde of friends to Christmas Dinner. I've decided I'm going to BUY desserts from a bakery instead of the homemade pie and cake, and I'm BUYING a spiral sliced ham. I can't afford it, but I'd never make it through all that cooking! I'll get through the Turkey and trimmings, and this year, I'm going to organize the troops to help me clean up!

I still have a bad cough, but the fever's been gone for several days. I've had two steriod shots and one of Rosefren, but as the steroids are wearing off, the cough seems worse. Oh well........I'm going to make a final push before I go to bed to try and finish the tree.

Have a great night!

I'm looking for monkeys on your tree, Klaas!  Laughing
« Last Edit: December 23, 2007, 02:42:44 AM by crazybabyborg » Logged
NYC_lover
Monkey Junky Jr.

The Mercedes GL

« Reply #367 on: December 23, 2007, 02:59:22 AM »

Dutch weather pictures.

I am glad hear this media attention from the Netherlands. ‘Recherche verdraait informatie te vaak’
Investigators in a black breach and again a bad name of the Dutch police. It smells again to Corrpution and a negative researching in missing persons cases
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #368 on: December 23, 2007, 07:59:52 AM »

NYC, those pictures make me think of Windmill cookies that my grandmas gave us.  They were shaped like windmills and had sliced almonds on or in them.  Of course, I couldn't find those cookies today on a bet.  But some days I'd like to.

Since I am the only one awake, I am amusing myself with You Tube again.  First I watched the Hayes Boys doing the Too Fat Polka.  I love that song.  Somehow I wound up finding this clip.  Now I'm sure you big city types think there's some goofy stuff going on in Nebraska but from the looks of this, there's some pretty wacky stuff going on in New Jersey. 

I think these guys were the winners of this particular contest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmC_GX5rMK0

Go ahead and laugh your azz off, I did.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #369 on: December 23, 2007, 08:33:27 AM »

Klaas or anybody else!  I am trying to shop and besides a couple Christmas mugs, I want a tile trivet with the tree on it.  We had them last year.  I want another one? 

Can I have it?  Please? I don't care if it doesn't come till later because it's for me to match my other one?

TY

Expect a miracle.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #370 on: December 23, 2007, 08:37:54 AM »

Klaas or anybody else!  I am trying to shop and besides a couple Christmas mugs, I want a tile trivet with the tree on it.  We had them last year.  I want another one? 

Can I have it?  Please? I don't care if it doesn't come till later because it's for me to match my other one?

TY

Peaches Klaas will have to help you with this request.
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #371 on: December 23, 2007, 08:45:42 AM »

TY

I knew that.  I really did.  It's called a "framed tile" in the cafepress vernacular.  I just know I want one.  I'm sure she'll see this eventually.

In the interim, any medical monkeys in the house?

Expect a miracle.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #372 on: December 23, 2007, 09:31:05 AM »

TY

I knew that.  I really did.  It's called a "framed tile" in the cafepress vernacular.  I just know I want one.  I'm sure she'll see this eventually.

I will make sure Klaas sees your request.

I'm not a medical monkey so I can't help you there.  I'm not a big help this morning.  I'm batting 0 for 2.
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #373 on: December 23, 2007, 09:40:44 AM »

I was looking for medical monkeys because even with a big vocabulary, I don't know what this report really means.  I'm trying not to get too excited because it's a long couple weeks till I see the doctor again.  Details in my Rally thread in the lounge.

Expect a miracle.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #374 on: December 23, 2007, 09:49:42 AM »

TY

Just added it for you Peaches  Wink
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #375 on: December 23, 2007, 09:52:08 AM »

What is the best thing for a nasty cough???

Mrs. Red, you sound like you have what everyone else has been getting, including me.  Starts out like a nasty cold, congestion then you end up with a cough that is horrible especially at night.  I've tried just about everything and nothing has worked.  I did just get some Cepacol tablets today that sort of numb your throat so it feels better for a while. 

From what I've been told this virus lasts at least 3 weeks.  First week you are feeling really overall sick then after that the coughing.

You could try sipping on some Kahlua (sp) and see if that stops you from coughing temporarily.

You poor Monkeys!! This is what Nicholas and I had!! Hope we didn't pass it on. We bought those, ok crap, can't remember the name because we bought the generic, mucinex maybe? It loosens things up so you have a more productive cough. It's over the counter, a bit pricey, but it helped.
My poor little guy, after 4 days off school, he went back. 2 days later they called me from school, he coughed so hard it made him throw up. Then he coughed so hard it came out the other end...lol...he was so embarrassed!!! Being the worse mother in the world I had to laugh on the way home. Hey...had to laugh..or I would have cried...I am the one who has to do the laundry!!!!

My reccommendation is one of my Momma's famous Hot Totties. Decaf tea, whiskey and honey...worked for me!! I slept like a baby!! lol
Hope you are all better by the time Sanata comes to visit!!!

"No justice for Natalee - No tourists for Aruba!"
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #376 on: December 23, 2007, 10:04:07 AM »

Dextromethorphan  or Robitussin DM works.

Also chocolate.

Snoopy, you are so funny!!! Chocolate cures all my ills too!! except my waistline of course!!!

ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #377 on: December 23, 2007, 10:24:20 AM »

Just received this e-mail. It's long but worth the read.
Great reminders for the New Year!! Enjoy!!

1. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.

2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.

3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone .

4. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.

5. Pay off your credit cards every month.

6. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.

7. Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.

8. It's OK to get angry with God. He can take it.

9. Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck.

10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.

11. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present.

12. It's OK to let your children see you cry.

13. Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what
their journey is all about.

14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in
it.

15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don't
worry; God never blinks.

16. Life is too short for long pity parties. Get busy living, or
get busy dying.

17. You can get through anything if you stay put in today .

18. A writer writes. If you want to be a writer, write.

19. It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the
second one is up to you and no one else.

20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't
take no for an answer.

21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy
lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special.

22. Over prepare, then go with the flow.

23. Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear purple.

24 . The most important sex organ is the brain.

25. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.

26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: "In five
years, will this matter?"

27. Always choose life.

28. Forgive everyone everything.

29. What other people think of you is none of your business.

30. Time heals almost everything. Give time time.

31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.

32. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your
family and friends will. Stay in touch.

33. Believe in miracles.

34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything
you did or didn't do.

35. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.

36. Growing old beats the alternative! -- dying young.

37. Your children get only one childhood. Make it memorable.

38. Read the Psalms. They cover every human emotion.

39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.

40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone
else's, we'd grab ours back.

41. Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.

42. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.

43. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.

44. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.

45. The best is yet to come.

46. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.

47. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.

48. If you don't ask, you don't get.

49. Yield.

50. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.

Jerry from Ohio
Monkey Junky Jr.

mom always said that I was cute as a Bunny <g>

« Reply #378 on: December 23, 2007, 10:27:26 AM »

Awe  to heLL with the waste line Idsstlou  just do what makes ya feel well and Happy   Happy Holidays  from Jerry and Jessica from Ohio <g>  gosh I wish we could all get together for a Big Ol Christmas party Now wouldn't that be a Hoot !? 

Dextromethorphan  or Robitussin DM works.

Also chocolate.

Snoopy, you are so funny!!! Chocolate cures all my ills too!! except my waistline of course!!!

Old Jer from Ohio
" I'm wild and a little crazy too ! 
 Some Girls don't  like boys like me  ,AWE, But some girls do  !

IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i245/jerryfromOhio/Howdy.jpg[/IMG]
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #379 on: December 23, 2007, 10:40:26 AM »

Last post Monkeys!! lol
We are decorating cookies and then off to show houses in 32 degree weather!!
Beautiful tree Klaas!!
Windmills were too cool NYClover!!
Send your presents to St Louis to be wrapped!! I am one of those nuts who LOVE to wrap!!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.