April 28, 2024, 03:01:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #9 11/19 - 1/23/2008  (Read 221328 times)
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2007, 12:28:16 PM »

Negara holds her first baby, Nyaru, in Perth, Australia. Perth Zoo runs a special breeding programme for orangutans - one of the world's most endangered animals.

I Stand With The Girl
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2007, 12:39:19 PM »

BTgirl - cute photo.  Much cuter than the 8ft bug article I posted, LOL Laughing
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2007, 01:06:41 PM »

NEW FRONT PAGE POST:   Laughing

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2007/11/21/more-fun-with-greta-van-susteren-ted-williams-on-greta-live-wire/

More Fun with Greta Van Susteren & Ted Williams on Greta Live Wire
 (Edit Post)
FUN WITH GRETA VAN SUSTEREN AND CREW …

Greta, you asked for it and you shall receive.

Some times some humor is needed in order to lighten the news that we follow on a day to day basis to keep us all sane. Our very own Klaasend managed to get the attention of Greta Van Susteren and company the other night on Greta Live Wire.

HERE is the original video that created all the buzz and below.

CLICK ON THE PIC BELOW to watch Greta and Ted Williams comments
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2007, 01:34:16 PM »

Ted's legs look a little pale, Klaas..... Laughing

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2007, 01:44:20 PM »

Ted's legs look a little pale, Klaas..... Laughing

Laughing Laughing
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2007, 02:06:04 PM »

NEW FRONT PAGE POST:   Laughing

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2007/11/21/more-fun-with-greta-van-susteren-ted-williams-on-greta-live-wire/

More Fun with Greta Van Susteren & Ted Williams on Greta Live Wire
 (Edit Post)
FUN WITH GRETA VAN SUSTEREN AND CREW …

Greta, you asked for it and you shall receive.

Some times some humor is needed in order to lighten the news that we follow on a day to day basis to keep us all sane. Our very own Klaasend managed to get the attention of Greta Van Susteren and company the other night on Greta Live Wire.

HERE is the original video that created all the buzz and below.

CLICK ON THE PIC BELOW to watch Greta and Ted Williams comments

Klaas!! What a hoot!! You are famous!! lol
How in the heck does Greta not know who you are though!!

"No justice for Natalee - No tourists for Aruba!"
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2007, 02:17:43 PM »

What's wrong with people?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,312444,00.html

Wisconsin Wife Says No Beer, Husband Retaliates By Shooting Pet Goats
Wednesday, November 21, 2007

WAUPACA, Wis —

A man who was upset with his wife for not buying beer took vengeance by shooting one of the family's two pet goats, prosecutors say.

Peter W. Mischler, 48, was charged this week in Circuit Court with mistreatment of animals, possession of a firearm while intoxicated and disorderly conduct with a dangerous weapon.

The complaint said Mischler came home Saturday from hunting and became angry with his 22-year-old daughter for letting the goats out and making a mess. While she was talking on the phone to her mother, authorities said, he told her to tell his wife to bring home some beer, but his wife refused.

He then threatened to shoot the goats, according to the complaint.

After his wife arrived home, she and the daughter heard four gunshots and went outside and found one of the two goats with its entrails hanging out, authorities said. They said that goat had to be killed later by a sheriff's deputy.

Mischler posted a $1,000 cash bond set by Circuit Judge Raymond Huber and was released.

A hearing was scheduled for Dec. 4.

vms
Monkey Junky

« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2007, 02:21:45 PM »

Would everyone please take one sec and see my post on the Justin Gaines thread in the Missing Persons Forum?

Klaas, would you correct my spelling?  Laughing  Also make sure it was okay to post what I did, please.

Thanks!

"A horse! a horse! My kingdom for a horse!"
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2007, 02:42:16 PM »

BTgirl - cute photo.  Much cuter than the 8ft bug article I posted, LOL Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing

I Stand With The Girl
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2007, 02:42:50 PM »

What's wrong with people?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,312444,00.html

Wisconsin Wife Says No Beer, Husband Retaliates By Shooting Pet Goats
Wednesday, November 21, 2007

WAUPACA, Wis —

A man who was upset with his wife for not buying beer took vengeance by shooting one of the family's two pet goats, prosecutors say.

Peter W. Mischler, 48, was charged this week in Circuit Court with mistreatment of animals, possession of a firearm while intoxicated and disorderly conduct with a dangerous weapon.

The complaint said Mischler came home Saturday from hunting and became angry with his 22-year-old daughter for letting the goats out and making a mess. While she was talking on the phone to her mother, authorities said, he told her to tell his wife to bring home some beer, but his wife refused.

He then threatened to shoot the goats, according to the complaint.

After his wife arrived home, she and the daughter heard four gunshots and went outside and found one of the two goats with its entrails hanging out, authorities said. They said that goat had to be killed later by a sheriff's deputy.

Mischler posted a $1,000 cash bond set by Circuit Judge Raymond Huber and was released.

A hearing was scheduled for Dec. 4.

Guess there was more than one reason why the wife didn't bring home the beer for this creep....

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2007, 03:20:56 PM »

On the Eve of Thanksgiving … Remember this Classic from WKRP in Cincinnati, “The Turkey Drop”

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2007/11/21/on-the-eve-of-thanksgiving-remember-this-classic-from-wkrp-in-cincinnati-the-turkey-drop/

“As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!!!”
– Arthur Carlson, WKRP in Cincinnati

This was one of the funniest shows ever ... don't forget to watch the bottom link either when Arthur Carlson says his famous line
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2007, 03:31:51 PM »

On the Eve of Thanksgiving … Remember this Classic from WKRP in Cincinnati, “The Turkey Drop”

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2007/11/21/on-the-eve-of-thanksgiving-remember-this-classic-from-wkrp-in-cincinnati-the-turkey-drop/

This was one of the funniest shows ever ... don't forget to watch the bottom link either when Arthur Carlson says his famous line

OMG!  I thought I was the only person that loved that show...that was a classic.  Thanks for the reminder.   
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2007, 03:45:27 PM »

OMG!  I thought I was the only person that loved that show...that was a classic.  Thanks for the reminder.   

I loved this show ... they don't make them like WKRP anymore.

WKRP would not pass the PC police today. What a great cast and funny as can be. The "Turkey Drop" episode was just about one of the funniest things I have ever seen on TV. Les Nessman making references to the Hindenburg ... OMG a classic.
CJ1
« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2007, 04:06:59 PM »

Wow, I am blessed.  Thank you klaas for adding me to the tree.  I know I don't post much, only when the spirit moves me. 
Marlee
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2007, 04:27:55 PM »

joran and kalpoes arrested!!!! on fox now
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2007, 08:30:09 PM »

Marlee,
Thank you again for calling me with the news. What a great Thanksgiving for Natalees family, friends and those of us who have followed this case. I so pray we can finally get Justice for Natalee.

Just a swinging with the tribe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2007, 09:55:20 PM »

Marlee,
Thank you again for calling me with the news. What a great Thanksgiving for Natalees family, friends and those of us who have followed this case. I so pray we can finally get Justice for Natalee.

I do too, Sam.  I do too.  Justice for Natalee.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #57 on: November 21, 2007, 11:41:05 PM »

A bug on steroids. Thanks CBB, I'll look. Am stuck to the NH thread on the great news today!

We Monkeys have alot to be thankful for!

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
Patti
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2007, 01:57:05 AM »

Klaas:

Anyway, yesterday was my birthday.  I bought myself something special...

A yellow diamond ring.  It's georgeous.  It's a 1.5ct solitaire, emerald  radiance

cut with 1ct of diamonds which include two rather large trillion (tri-angular cut)

diamonds on each side.

Even when I was married, I always got myself something special for my B.D. and

jewelry is my only weakness.

Do you like jewelry?

Something
Bad Happened!

But Aruba says...
Joran is innocent
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2007, 04:15:04 PM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=495373&in_page_id=1770

Meet Lil'Bit - the cat with two faces
Last updated at 11:49am on 21st November 2007

Everybody knows that cats have nine lives. But one very special and much loved cat has been born with TWO faces - and very possibly, two brains.

The owner of the tomcat called Lil'Bit - as in 'A little bit of love' - nearly dropped the kitten in shock when its extra features were revealed.

But the 47-year old woman owner from Arizona, USA, was determined that the odd arrival, although ill, should not be put to sleep and she pledged to become Lil'Bit's carer.

Lil'Bit was born with four eyes, but two merged into eachother

Now, seven months later, after feeding the mog from a pipette on baby milk and eventually more solid food, he is apparently thriving and seems likely to live to a grand old age.

Lil'Bit had four eyes when he was born, although the two middle eyes are on the point of merging, two mouths, two noses, but just two ears. And vets believe the cat may actually have two brains as one face can go to sleep while the other remains awake. If Lil'Bit gets a cold, the nose on only one of her faces will run.

Lil'Bit was one of five kittens born in a litter from his mum, Lil'Pine, seven months ago. His two brothers and two sisters only had the regulation one face.

Vets believe Lil'Bit may actually have two brains as one face can go to sleep while the other remains awake

The cat's owner, who wishes to remain anonymous as she believes unwanted callers to her home to see the cat may leave Lil'Bit stressed and ill, told how she discovered the puss with two faces.

She said yesterday: 'The kittens were born underneath my computer table. When I picked Lil'Bit up I suddenly spotted that he had two faces. I was so shocked that I nearly dropped him.

'I called a kitten rescue service and they told me not to expect him to survive. But I didn't see why he shouldn't be given the chance to live. Everything is possible.

'I got him a heating pad and started feeding him every 15 minutes from an eye-dropper. I fed him like that for two or three months before starting him on proper cat food.

'He finds it hard to walk normally so there was a litter problem because he couldn't do it himself. So I hit on the idea of using premature baby diapers on him. It seems to work well.

'The amazing thing to watch is that one of Lil'Bit's faces can be asleep while the other one is awake. I have also seen him sneeze out of one side and not the other and blink on one side of his face but not the other.

'And when he purrs it is like he is purring in stereo.

'We haven't had any X-rays done or operations under anaesthesia because I think that could upset Lil'Bit. But the vet seems to think there is a good chance there are two brains operating here. It seems logical as she breathes out of both mouths and noses.

The mother of two boys added: 'The whole family loves Lil'Bit.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.