April 27, 2024, 10:23:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #9 11/19 - 1/23/2008  (Read 221288 times)
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #420 on: December 24, 2007, 03:50:00 PM »

OK, a real Christmas story to share with you guys. It just happened and I hope it will serve to remind everyone that love transcends the spaces between our loved ones and ourselves when they aren't with us.

I've been sick, cooking, shopping, etc. and in general not having a blast. Last night I cooked until 5:00am and my mind was constantly on my family that has passed on. I fixed Granny's stuffing and remembered Mom testing it with her finger. A wink and nod would confirm it was perfect. I walked through the hall to glance in the living room at the tree and my eye went from the white doves on top rescued from flowers sent to Dad's funeral, to the empty chair that was his whenever he was here. I pulled out the recipe book and followed Granny's handwriting to remind me how to make the asparagus casserole and was reminded it was my brother's favorite dish.

More than anything, I was painfully aware of how quiet it was. There was no chatter or banter around Christmas preparations. No familiar stories, no one but me and my memories and echoes that kept floating up as I worked.

When I layed down, I let it go and had my Christmas cry and woke up when John called to ask if I had a ring box for a gift for his neice. I found one in the bottom of my jewelry box and caught a tiny glimmer of gold in the slit. Probing for it, I pulled from deep within the fold a forgotten gold charm given to me many years ago by Mom and Dad along with a now full Gold Charm bracelet. On one side, in script, is my initials. In the same script on the other, is simply inscribed, "We Love You".

I know this was meant for me at this particular moment, and I know that the author of Love "re-gave" me this gift in His perfect timing. I had not been alone with my hurt and He knows and cares deeply about our heartaches.

My wish for all of you wonderful people is your own Christmas Miracle this year!

PEACE, JOY, and LOVE TO YOU ALL!

You gave me goose bumps with that story CBB!!! How wonderful.

You have me all teary eyed missing my Momma too. I loved the story of your grandmother's recipes in her own handwriting. My Mom died 14 years ago when she was 49 and I was 28. Not a day goes by I don't miss her. I still have her old recipe box too with all the recope cards in her handwriting. It is my most favorite treasure!! There is still old cookie dough cemented to the cards..lol..and sprinkles from long ago sugar cookies at the bottom.
One year for Christmas I photo copied them and bought these beautiful recipe books and put her recipes in the books and gave them to my brother and 3 sisters for Christmas. There were alot of tears that Christmas!! Happy tears and sad tears. Have a wonderful Christmas CBB. Thank you for sharing your story and brightening up the Monkey Cage with your wonderful avatars!!

"No justice for Natalee - No tourists for Aruba!"
NYC_lover
Monkey Junky Jr.

The Mercedes GL

« Reply #421 on: December 24, 2007, 04:10:47 PM »

Klaas your tree is pretty, and your hair is gorgeous!!  I thought you was a brunette too!  lol

NYC thanks for the beautiful pictures.

Lala's.....put it back! lol  I been good.

You are welcome Snoopy!

I am glad hear this media attention from the Netherlands. ‘Recherche verdraait informatie te vaak’
Investigators in a black breach and again a bad name of the Dutch police. It smells again to Corrpution and a negative researching in missing persons cases
NYC_lover
Monkey Junky Jr.

The Mercedes GL

« Reply #422 on: December 24, 2007, 04:40:32 PM »

Holy this is cool, I chat right now with a help desk people. On the online help desk is so funny.
Help desk: Nice working with you, If there is any problem, query or a need for assistance in future, please feel free to ask us and we would be extremely happy to provide you with the best solution.

I am glad hear this media attention from the Netherlands. ‘Recherche verdraait informatie te vaak’
Investigators in a black breach and again a bad name of the Dutch police. It smells again to Corrpution and a negative researching in missing persons cases
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #423 on: December 24, 2007, 04:54:09 PM »

Monkeys
I dropped in to leave this message for all

But about ready to from CBB's story.

Wishing you all Peace and Yoy at Christmas

OldFart

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
NYC_lover
Monkey Junky Jr.

The Mercedes GL

« Reply #424 on: December 24, 2007, 05:06:00 PM »

Monkeys

OldFart

Oldfart

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #425 on: December 24, 2007, 05:55:45 PM »

Merry Christmas to you too, OldF santa

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #426 on: December 24, 2007, 06:06:54 PM »

Monkeys

OldFart

A Very Merry Christmas to you and your family Oldfart!!!

"No justice for Natalee - No tourists for Aruba!"
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #427 on: December 24, 2007, 06:10:19 PM »

I have been looking under this tree all day...they all say: For: Snoopy.  I can't believe this...I knew she would get under here and change all the names. Rolling Eyes No way you get all this stuff...the snow sled is mine...just in case it should ever snow in Alabama.  Back Snoopy...back!!  You sneaky little pooch.  Here have some egg nog... Rolling Eyes
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #428 on: December 24, 2007, 08:30:52 PM »

Lala's,

I created a thread in the Monkey Lounge for you. It's called "The Red Door, for Lala's." Take a look!

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #429 on: December 24, 2007, 11:16:19 PM »

snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #430 on: December 24, 2007, 11:43:59 PM »

I have been looking under this tree all day...they all say: For: Snoopy.  I can't believe this...I knew she would get under here and change all the names. Rolling Eyes No way you get all this stuff...the snow sled is mine...just in case it should ever snow in Alabama.  Back Snoopy...back!!  You sneaky little pooch.  Here have some egg nog... Rolling Eyes

Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #431 on: December 25, 2007, 12:18:50 AM »

this is a shot of the elves at Klaas' house, she's worked so hard all year that she's earned extra gifts !!!

Merry Christmas Everyone

I continue to stand with the girl.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #432 on: December 25, 2007, 09:00:20 AM »

Jerry from Ohio
Monkey Junky Jr.

mom always said that I was cute as a Bunny <g>

« Reply #433 on: December 25, 2007, 09:59:29 AM »

Well Darn it all I can't get my Christmas card to show   errr  !!
   Merry Christmas to all and everyone  May we all be blessed this Christmas season   Jerry from Ohio and His Lady Jessica .
   P.S.  Very heart warming story CBB  and indeed Debbie  you are just as Lovely on the outside as you are inside  ( I like People like that ) .

Old Jer from Ohio
" I'm wild and a little crazy too ! 
 Some Girls don't  like boys like me  ,AWE, But some girls do  !

IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i245/jerryfromOhio/Howdy.jpg[/IMG]
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #434 on: December 25, 2007, 10:26:32 AM »

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!   MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!   MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!
Merry Christmas to ALL ...

We would like to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas. Especially those that cannot be with their families during this special day. A special Merry Christmas goes to the brave men and women in our military who spend this day away from their families so that we may have Peace. God Bless you, everyone.

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2007/12/25/merry-christmas-to-all-from-scared-monkeys-god-bless/
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #435 on: December 25, 2007, 10:37:54 AM »

Oh I just thought of sumpin.  I sure hope Joyce isn't trying to sing in that choir.  That girl can't sing a lick. lol  Oh my goodness.

I am sure that she is giggling at the Choir.... it's what those of us that can't sing do at church... especially when we try to sing.... Red and I get so tickled at each other... and our Church choir is amazing... so Joyce is singing her heart out and laughing with joy.... I bet on it! 

GOD BLESS OF ALL YOU DEAR, DEAR MONKEYS!!  I HOPE 2008 IS THE BEST YEAR EVER FOR YOU ALL...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #436 on: December 25, 2007, 10:47:26 AM »

Klaas... the video is very cool!!!  Thank you...

CBB your story made me cry... but I know it was comforting to find the charms.

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #437 on: December 25, 2007, 11:04:38 AM »

Funny story.... my brohter is married to a sweet woman who I really love, but she is funny about gifts etc, so he has learned to just give her gift cards...

she hasn't liked any of the gifts he gives her... (diamond earrings, a fur, etc  a new car... she doesn't like any of that... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes)  and way... him being a guy...

went and gave his wife a Lane Bryant gift card... and she is a size 6 at best.!!  I had to laugh because he could have called me and I would have told him a different store... but he was determined to find something she liked this year!!!!

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #438 on: December 25, 2007, 11:29:23 AM »

Is anyone else watching the Nativity Story?  It's so awesome....

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #439 on: December 25, 2007, 11:33:16 AM »

Merry Christmas monkeys... I wrote a reply to all to an email that Snoopy sent... I am not sure it was delievered... and if it was, some of them

but it said...

Merry Christmas, I know I am not in here as often as I would like to be, I am probably a stranger to some of our new monkeys... but I think of you all often and you are always in my prayers.  I hope each of you has a joyous wonderful Chirstmas... and may God bless you.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.