April 27, 2024, 11:54:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #9 11/19 - 1/23/2008  (Read 221316 times)
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #500 on: December 28, 2007, 11:30:35 PM »

Thanks San...!!

I am all curious about your job...

do you like it so far?  is it similar to the one you had before?  I hope you get to use all of your talent making cool presentations and stuff....

what about school, if that is ok to ask???

It is ok to ask.  So far so good with the job mrs. red.  I really haven't gotten into the presentations yet but after next week I know I will be.  There will be someone else leaving and I am slated to help out that team.  I just hope I can do it all.

No school in the picture yet but I never say never.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #501 on: December 28, 2007, 11:35:46 PM »

San,
I am sure you can do it... you are certainly talented in that area...

Monkeys... San was A HUGE part of the cookbook design... (how I know she is so talented Wink

I will say a little prayer for you too, that it won't be overwhelming like a new job can be sometimes... but other than the fact you are new, I know they will adore our San...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #502 on: December 28, 2007, 11:48:27 PM »

Goodnight Everyone.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #503 on: December 28, 2007, 11:53:01 PM »

Goodnight Everyone.
Nite San... !! Good to talk to you

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
sleddogs
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #504 on: December 29, 2007, 12:12:56 AM »

CBB,

Thought you might like to see the Lil girl I rescued a couple of weeks ago. Owners were going to put her down because she has Demodex Mange. I told them how to cure it but their vet would not use the Ivermectin treatment as it is not FDA approved for mange. I have been working with my Vet and the Iowa State Vet dept.
And the mange is clearing up.

She is a lil doll. Had a few bad chewing & stealing habits that we have corrected. LOL

She is my shadow.

Who said Siberian Huskies are too big to be lap dogs?

If ya ain't the lead sleddog, the scenery never changes.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #505 on: December 29, 2007, 12:24:05 AM »

Sleddogs...

She is gorgeous!  It's awesome that you are able to work with her and get her cured....

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #506 on: December 29, 2007, 12:25:43 AM »

CBB,

Thought you might like to see the Lil girl I rescued a couple of weeks ago. Owners were going to put her down because she has Demodex Mange. I told them how to cure it but their vet would not use the Ivermectin treatment as it is not FDA approved for mange. I have been working with my Vet and the Iowa State Vet dept.

She is a lil doll. Had a few bad chewing & stealing habits that we have corrected. LOL

She is my shadow.

you gotta post some more pictures of her

sleddogs
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #507 on: December 29, 2007, 12:30:52 AM »

How's this?

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #508 on: December 29, 2007, 12:36:57 AM »

SLed dogs... she is sooooooooo pretty... what a sweet face! 

sleddogs
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #509 on: December 29, 2007, 12:37:09 AM »

If you look close you can see the fur missing from the bottom 2" of her feet, and they are pink and swollen.

She has improved greatly these past couple of weeks and the fur is growing back.

Also she has been spayed as going into heat can re-energize the mites. This is an immune problem as all dogs carry the Demodex mites, but their immune system controls them.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #510 on: December 29, 2007, 12:39:23 AM »

Ummm Haa  Ummmm

Can some talented Monkey  clean up My AVI for Me...
I did the best I could with  MS Paint    but 

Besides I'm changed AVI's since last year....

TIA

OldFart? I don't know how to clean that up, but I started over for you. This hat was the best I could find at the angle it needed to be. Would this be OK?

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/crazybabyborgs/New%20Year/ofny.gif
sleddogs
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #511 on: December 29, 2007, 12:39:57 AM »

Sorry the pictures are so big that you have to scroll right.

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #512 on: December 29, 2007, 12:42:05 AM »

Sorry the pictures are so big that you have to scroll right.

I did scroll... I couldn't see where she wasn't just pretty and that face!  I am glad she found good parents to take care of her like she deserves!!

crazybabyborg
« Reply #513 on: December 29, 2007, 12:50:54 AM »

CBB,

She is my shadow.

OOOOHHHHHH! LOOK at that Baby! She is beautiful! I can't believe someone was going to put her down!  Mad
crazybabyborg
« Reply #514 on: December 29, 2007, 12:54:19 AM »

I'm not familiar with the mange condition..........and see no evidence of it in the pictures. I thought that all mange was curable?
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #515 on: December 29, 2007, 12:56:10 AM »

CBB,

She is my shadow.

OOOOHHHHHH! LOOK at that Baby! She is beautiful! I can't believe someone was going to put her down!  Mad

It's hard to believe that anyone would have her put down... people astound me!

crazybabyborg
« Reply #516 on: December 29, 2007, 12:57:34 AM »

Yes, I do see, now that I read the post!  Laughing So, if all dogs carry the mites, is she just particularly allergic to the effects of the mites, or was she not in good health? She looks great to me! She looks young; how old is she?
sleddogs
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #517 on: December 29, 2007, 12:59:02 AM »

Here is a picture from the photo op we did last year for Operation Christmas Child.

http://www.samaritanspurse.org/

sleddogs
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #518 on: December 29, 2007, 01:04:12 AM »

Lulu is almost a year old. They get the mites from their mom when they suckle which is why it normally starts around the face and nose. Some young dogs immune system is slow kicking in. Most vet's recommend Mitaban dips but I avoid them as it weakens the dog and lowers the immune system even more.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #519 on: December 29, 2007, 01:07:17 AM »

Ohhhhh.............they want to GO!  Laughing

Don't tell me you have 2 lead dogs side by side??!! Maybe I'm looking at it wrong............I can't imagine Gee or Haw would mean a thing in a competitive brace!  Laughing  It would be about, "I'll out run you, I'll out run you!"  Laughing

I have the feeling your dogs are far better trained than mine ever were! Mine just looked pretty for the judges and I prayed a lot that they wouldn't act up in the ring and no one could tell that they ruled the house!  Laughing
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.